(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 326.
#13151 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Gotta shoot for that katana lock off the plunge always and forever lol

The skill shots should do more in this game. The top lane skill shot doesn't even award a bonus x, just a few million points. That ball launch to katana combo should be more lucrative too because it's such a great combo.

Hold bonus x would have made a great mystery feature!

Rob

#13152 1 year ago

Very excited to be in this club!!!

E4FEC2B1-1AFA-40CD-A467-5A6C2CA05E12 (resized).jpegE4FEC2B1-1AFA-40CD-A467-5A6C2CA05E12 (resized).jpeg
#13153 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Angle is set to 7.1 degrees auto plunge is set to factory. The first, third, and fifth balls are plunged the second, fourth, and sixth are auto plunged. All but one end up in the right return lane. The game feels pretty dialed in. Hope this helps, here is the video, and I will put Comet spotlights to brighten up this sexy beast sometime this weekend.
-Lb

Drill out your apron near the flippers (like the newer sterns come from factory) and put some super bright LEDs in there under the apron, lights up everything nicely plus the flippers and keeps everything looking clean and clutter free.

#13154 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Angle is set to 7.1 degrees auto plunge is set to factory. The first, third, and fifth balls are plunged the second, fourth, and sixth are auto plunged. All but one end up in the right return lane. The game feels pretty dialed in. Hope this helps, here is the video, and I will put Comet spotlights to brighten up this sexy beast sometime this weekend.
-Lb

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for taking the time to record/upload that video!

#13155 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

-Lb

For less that $10 you can add lighting to the apron with the Comet matrix system and it looks clean and factory.

1F5B3212-9919-48E4-9223-D8A848765A6D (resized).jpeg1F5B3212-9919-48E4-9223-D8A848765A6D (resized).jpegA1D714E0-24DE-4126-BCBA-81404404DA04 (resized).jpegA1D714E0-24DE-4126-BCBA-81404404DA04 (resized).jpeg
#13156 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Guess a bit of clarification: he was trying to rack up snikt shots, he'd hit the wolverine loop instead and expect the ball to come off orbit, dead bounce to the right and he'd post pass it back to left to to try again (hit snikt from left flipper.) He was avoiding the katana/orbit bonuses altogether, said off a default launch into the orbit it should just line up with the flipper. <shrug>

That's actually a pretty nice feed you're getting to the right inlane off the dead bounce.

To answer the original question though - I've never gotten a consistent clean dead bounce to the right flipper in that situation. Given the same goal - back up the middle to add Wolverine or to try for a Snikt multiplier, I usually just try to live catch out of the left orbit. Mixed results, of course, but a lot of failed catches end up on the right flipper anyway so at least it's safe.

#13157 1 year ago

Joined the club a few minutes ago. Can’t play though bc the playfield glass feels like it’s glued on. Same thing with my new JP delivered this week. Not sure what’s going on over at Stern but they keep finding new ways make this difficult

#13158 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Given the same goal - back up the middle to add Wolverine or to try for a Snikt multiplier, I usually just try to live catch out of the left orbit. Mixed results, of course, but a lot of failed catches end up on the right flipper anyway so at least it's safe.

I personally find a loop pass by holding the left flipper up and dropping it as the ball makes contact makes for a reasonably safe pass to the right flipper. Takes a little bit of practice but isn't too hard to accomplish.

#13159 1 year ago

Found this guy rattling around after delivery. Any idea how to reattach? I can’t seem to figure it out.

Location is the backboard lighting.

306E6F76-2989-4901-A13D-9E1B37A1A4C7 (resized).jpeg306E6F76-2989-4901-A13D-9E1B37A1A4C7 (resized).jpeg
#13160 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Found this guy rattling around after delivery. Any idea how to reattach? I can’t seem to figure it out.
Location is the backboard lighting.[quoted image]

I think you need to replace the socket.

Rob

#13161 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

It's press fit so I wouldn't bother trying to reattach it. I would just order a new one.

#13162 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

For less that $10 you can add lighting to the apron with the Comet matrix system and it looks clean and factory.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Would like to know what you bought exactly and how you attached it to the apron.

#13163 1 year ago

Search his posts in this thread.

#13164 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Probably not going to easily repair a broken bayonet lamp socket. It's a replace situation. Or just leave it as is. It's one gi bulb.

#13165 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. My Godzilla LE apron has these cutouts (populated with lights) but my latest run Deadpool Premium does not. The apron that came with an IC kit has them, I can either trace those onto my DP and drill, or just transfer the stickers.

#13166 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Looks good. My Godzilla LE apron has these cutouts (populated with lights) but my latest run Deadpool Premium does not. The apron that came with an IC kit has them, I can either trace those onto my DP and drill, or just transfer the stickers.

I would just transfer the stickers to the apron with IC, much easier IMO.

But if you’re comfortable with drilling out circles then that’s always another route you could take.

#13167 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Search his posts in this thread.

I see the post with the hot glue now. Was there a post I missed that showed which items were bought specifically?

#13168 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I see the post with the hot glue now. Was there a post I missed that showed which items were bought specifically?

Not sure where I posted it but here’s the list. I'm going to write up an official Pinside topic post eventually, but here's the basics for now:

Here's what you will need:
Matrix Extension Wires - 12 inch x1 :https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-extension-wires?variant=12493662158892

Matrix Extension Wires - 6 inch x1: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-extension-wires?variant=12493662126124

Matrix Quick Connect Bulb x1 (Note, this is game dependent, for DP i chose Cool White Frosted, Bayonet to match whats in the game): https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects?variant=29411774955622

Two way Splitter Wire x1 https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-splitter-wires?variant=12493662355500

Matrix Flex Flashers - 6.2v - x2: (Again, color will be game dependent, I chose cool white) : https://www.cometpinball.com/products/flexible-matrix-flashers?variant=29411775414374

That brings the total cost to $8.34 (pre tax and shipping)

I highly recommend having 2 zip ties to get a nice clean look and to keep wires out of the way.
You will also need a hot glue gun to adhere the flashers to the inside of the apron. Having owned a spooky game i'm an expert at using a hot glue gun! I put the Quick connect bulb under the left slingshot but you can really put it anywhere. Took about 10 mins to install

#13169 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Can't recall, but it was there with that post somewhere. May not have been same guy, but same couple of pages.

#13170 1 year ago

This is perfect, thank you both.

#13171 1 year ago

Don't thank me, i think the sling spots are a better solution. i don't like the shadows cast in front of the flippers there. Maybe one spot short sling spots and the apron mod would be the ace solution?

#13172 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't thank me, i think the sling spots are a better solution. i don't like the shadows cast in front of the flippers there. Maybe one spot short sling spots and the apron mod would be the ace solution?

Yeah I’m gonna mix and match to find a sweet spot. I do like the apron lights on all the recent sterns. It might not reach quite far enough to the middle though.

#13173 1 year ago

The game definitely needs more light. I'm trying to decide between the comet kit, mirror blades, apron lights, DIY stadiums or some combination.

#13174 1 year ago

Mirror blades are the way to go. They look phenomenal and brighten things up.

47273D09-99E7-4F81-A72D-A1ECB0679945 (resized).jpeg47273D09-99E7-4F81-A72D-A1ECB0679945 (resized).jpeg7BE01E17-B836-4AC2-B159-BD6A9B302BF7 (resized).jpeg7BE01E17-B836-4AC2-B159-BD6A9B302BF7 (resized).jpeg
#13175 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I would keep the original DP apron with the full stickers, then move the IC to the door

#13176 1 year ago

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up? From power switch to “Stern” logo splash screen, my new Premium seems to take like 45 seconds. My Batman 66 and Mando both get to that splash screen in maybe 10 seconds tops.

Once Deadpool is on it plays just fine, but thought I’d ask. Don’t want to bother stern or Distro with a non-issue just yet. Thanks!

#13177 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up? From power switch to “Stern” logo splash screen, my new Premium seems to take like 45 seconds. My Batman 66 and Mando both get to that splash screen in maybe 10 seconds tops.
Once Deadpool is on it plays just fine, but thought I’d ask. Don’t want to bother stern or Distro with a non-issue just yet. Thanks!

There’s a “quick startup” setting in one of the menus that may help

#13178 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

There’s a “quick startup” setting in one of the menus that may help

Thanks! Just checked, Standard adjustment #59 is already set to fast boot… weird.

#13179 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I have my recently built deadpool on a smart plug with 3 other recent sterns and they all seem to boot up at the same time.

#13180 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up?

Yes, my DP takes far longer than my AIQ or JP. Haven't timed it, but it's probably about 15 seconds longer.

#13181 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Deadpool is my first “modern” game so I was also surprised that it takes nearly a minute to boot up (as opposed to my TOTAN, which takes about four seconds). I figured it’s just how these new games work.

#13182 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The game definitely needs more light. I'm trying to decide between the comet kit, mirror blades, apron lights, DIY stadiums or some combination.

I have all those except the apron lights. Pinstadiums, mirrors, sling spots. I wouldn't go pinstadiums if i was doing it again maybe.

#13183 1 year ago

Quick question on modes and gameplay.

Is there a mode during gameplay where the flippers stop working? Say a timed multiball mode

#13184 1 year ago

No unless it's wizard, that i'll never see.

#13185 1 year ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Quick question on modes and gameplay.
Is there a mode during gameplay where the flippers stop working? Say a timed multiball mode

You’re probably thinking of the Final Battle. First, you have to hit all the “team up” shots once, then a multiball starts with unlimited ball save. When the timer is up, the ball save turns off and the scoop is lit for a final shot. When a ball falls in, the flippers go dead, the balls drain, and your progress starts over.

#13186 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

We have had that happen on 2 games now. Both times we replaced the SD card and it resolved the issue. All our games start up in around about the same time.

I would suggest that you reload the code via usb and do a full and verify update. If that does not work, buy a new SD card and download the instructions from Stern on how to flash the card and install it.

If you are unsure how to do this get your distro to help you.

Good Luck!

#13187 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

You’re probably thinking of the Final Battle. First, you have to hit all the “team up” shots once, then a multiball starts with unlimited ball save. When the timer is up, the ball save turns off and the scoop is lit for a final shot. When a ball falls in, the flippers go dead, the balls drain, and your progress starts over.

Thank you for this clarification, this helps tremendously

#13188 1 year ago

SNIKT really is icing on the cake for this game. One of the best implementations of a playfield multiplier in any game I think.

Rob

#13189 1 year ago

How can I tighten up the auto launch mech? It wiggles from side to side when launching, causing a lot of rattling on launches. Screws are as tight as can be from what I can tell.

80268AB2-AC27-4CD6-95FB-A9F71A912ED6 (resized).jpeg80268AB2-AC27-4CD6-95FB-A9F71A912ED6 (resized).jpeg

#13190 1 year ago

After 2 weeks I'm having 2 "issues"

-when locked behind the drop targets, a large percentage of the time the balls release SDTM

-Similarly a large % of shots that come down the right katana shot go SDTM

Is this normal?

#13191 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

-when locked behind the drop targets, a large percentage of the time the balls release SDTM
Is this normal?

Make sure your machine is level. Some will go SDTM if they don't have enough speed on release, but the majority will hit a flipper if level.

#13192 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Make sure your machine is level. Some will go SDTM if they don't have enough speed on release, but the majority will hit a flipper if level.

Second this. Play with your leveling.

#13193 1 year ago

I just found out today if you plunge around the orbit, catch it on the left flipper and quickly make a Snikt shot you are awarded 15m

#13194 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just found out today if you plunge around the orbit, catch it on the left flipper and quickly make a Snikt shot you are awarded 15m

My favorite is the MXV skill shot. Plunge all the way around, hit the right orbit, then hit the katana ramp shot.

#13195 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Could have found out yesterday if you'd scrolled up two posts.

#13196 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My favorite is the MXV skill shot. Plunge all the way around, hit the right orbit, then hit the katana ramp shot.

The MXV skillshot is possibly the GREATEST SKILLSHOT EVER!

No really, it's sooooooo satisfying! Just like the Ninjapocalypse combo being the best combo ever. Amazing... what other combo gives you that level of feedback awesomeness...???

#13197 1 year ago

I've had a few requests to make a new topic post on my DIY flipper coil fans... finally got around to starting it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

#13198 1 year ago

I continue to have the EXACT same issues others with my build date (May 2022) are having: glass neigh impossible to remove and Lil' Deadpool drop targets that don't drop with a fast/hard shot.

Any updates on these issues?

#13199 1 year ago

I have a May 16th build date. No issue with the glass coming off and going on. Most Stern drops with a hard shots tend to to react this way. It’s been an issue forever.

#13200 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Is this normal?

Not normal for drop targets. Make sure you are horizontally level and you don't have anything for the ball to get stuck on in the little Deadpool area.

Yes, going backwards back the right part of the kitana shot are SDTM probably 70% of the time. The other 30% you'll need a slap save or if there is little speed will come to the right flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/264?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.