(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 324.
#13101 1 year ago

Just curious(I have a NIB DP Pro on the way), but how does DP stack up against Godzilla?

#13102 1 year ago

Does anyone have some must have mods for a DP?
I'm adding a shaker and I think mirror blades(from some of the pics in this group, looks awesome), although I was origianlly thinking art blades...I'm not sure. Any other little mod that are a must have?
Cheers.

#13103 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Must have mods such as protectors etc.?

Quoted from ItsBwalt:

So any must have mods?

Quoted from arcadem:

Can anyone suggest any other 'must have mods' and what "preventative measures should I implement once I get it?

Quoted from cscmtp:

Also are there any must have mods for this?

Quoted from FatPanda:

Any must have mods that I should get?

Quoted from Huggers:

Any must have mods I should know about?

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What are the must have mods?

Quoted from PinPickle:

DP pro FINALLY on its way. Any “must have” mods?

Quoted from Mr_H:

Does anyone have some must have mods for a DP?
I'm adding a shaker and I think mirror blades(from some of the pics in this group, looks awesome), although I was origianlly thinking art blades...I'm not sure. Any other little mod that are a must have?
Cheers.

Please use search. This has been answered a bunch of times.

#13104 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Where did you buy your mirror blades from?

Cointaker. Super easy to install and they look amazing.

#13105 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Please use search. This has been answered a bunch of times.

Hahahaha, apologies!

#13106 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Hahahaha, apologies!

No need to apologize! I like the ninja star pop bumper caps from Hooked On Pinball, they are legit. Comet spotlight/light kit or pinstadium kit (if you have the means) is a must in my book…light up that beautiful Zombie Yeti artwork to the max. I like the shaker but it’s not a must-have in my opinion. LerMods disco ball is pretty cool (if you have a Pro without one). Katana blade side armor looks great and in my opinion worth the money to protect the area around the buttons It can be a little tricky if the existing screw holes in your cabinet are not spot-on from the factory. The holes in mine were just a bit off, and it was enough to make the metal on the armor a bit wavy in appearance until I redrilled a couple of holes. Art blades are fun too. Are there any must-have mods? That depends on what you want out of the game in terms of enjoyment. Really the only must-have mod to change the game in any meaningful way is adding the Insider Connected kit. Everything else just makes the machine customized to fit your taste. Cheers!

#13107 1 year ago

Well I made it into the club, finally received my NIB after almost a year after my initial order. I was expecting a small price hike from my initial deposit due to the whole Insider Connected add-on but I was caught off-guard with my dealer adding on an extra out-of-state sales tax, apparently went into effect sometime this year. Bummed I didn't receive a notice about it, but considering used prices and not being able to find another dealer who had NIB ready to ship AND didn't charge tax I ended up just taking the hit on it.

Still excited to own it, it's always been my go-to at the local brewery and feels even more amazing to have at home.

deadpool (resized).pngdeadpool (resized).png
#13108 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Well I made it into the club, finally received my NIB after almost a year after my initial order. I was expecting a small price hike from my initial deposit due to the whole Insider Connected add-on but I was caught off-guard with my dealer adding on an extra out-of-state sales tax, apparently went into effect sometime this year. Bummed I didn't receive a notice about it, but considering used prices and not being able to find another dealer who had NIB ready to ship AND didn't charge tax I ended up just taking the hit on it.
Still excited to own it, it's always been my go-to at the local brewery and feels even more amazing to have at home.
[quoted image]

Congratulations!! Unless you played it at a super-quiet brewery, you will like it even more at home. So many great callouts, sounds and music in the game that really can’t be appreciated on location with all of the other background noise. It truly is a modern classic. Cheers!!

#13109 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I got my NIB Deadpool premium 2 days ago and I'm have an issue with the drop targets in the middle of the playfield. Soft hits and they drop no problem, hard hits and it's like the ball hit a brick wall and they won't drop. I checked the clearance between the back of the target when pushed in and they're not hitting the playfield. Why won't they drop with the hard hit from the ball?

If you figure it out, let me know - having the same problem with mine.

#13110 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Just curious(I have a NIB DP Pro on the way), but how does DP stack up against Godzilla?

I like both although I'm not normally a fan of games with more than two flippers. The loop on GZ is fun if you can nail it, I think I find myself always going for the Godzilla multiball first just because it's a fun shot and of course the music kicks off. I think my only complaint would be the Powerline Attack or Tesla Strike mode, can't remember which one, but it kills the lighting on the playfield until you finish the mode. Makes the gameplay really hard if you're playing in a dimly lit area. Overall the game has a solid theme, I enjoy it, and I'd pick one up if I could.

I will say GZ Premium feels like a completely different game than Pro, and if you asked for my opinion, I would recommend GZ Prem hands-down.

#13111 1 year ago

Anyone with new games check under their playfield for a Gomez signature? Sounds like he went out on the line and “vandalized” some games.

#13112 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

[quoted image]

The tax sounds a little fishy, but sounds like you’re happy. I sold my pro and regretted it, so I’m hopping back in the club with a premium. I’m not much of a mod guy but i hear the Comet LED upgrade kit is worthwhile

#13113 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I don't even have mine on a standoff and they only occasionally get hit.
[quoted image]

Hey man, is this the Deadpool General Illumination Upgrade Kit from Comet? The warm lighting looks unreal.

#13114 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

No need to apologize!

I could have quoted punkin 's response last time someone asked about "must have mods"

Quoted from punkin:

For fucks sake. Scroll up.

To be fair, a quick search on 'Mod' on here gives you 275 posts with pictures. Saves the thread from being all about pop bumper caps and how the disco ball on the pro doesn't work right when every new owner gets their machine delivered.

#13115 1 year ago

Edit: found.

#13116 1 year ago

Finally beat this mother fucker!

20220530_150759 (resized).jpg20220530_150759 (resized).jpg
#13117 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Hey man, is this the Deadpool General Illumination Upgrade Kit from Comet? The warm lighting looks unreal.

I don't use kits, but I do use Comet 2 SMD frosted bulbs. (Opmax in the spotlights on the slings) On my Deadpool I am actually using a mix of sunlight and cool white. I usually use all cool white, but like the look of sunlight on Deadpool, but all sunlight was a little too "yellow" for me, so added some cools to bring it down a little.

#13118 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I could have quoted punkin 's response last time someone asked about "must have mods"

To be fair, a quick search on 'Mod' on here gives you 275 posts with pictures. Saves the thread from being all about pop bumper caps and how the disco ball on the pro doesn't work right when every new owner gets their machine delivered.

To be fair it was answered two posts above.

#13119 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't use kits, but I do use Comet 2 SMD frosted bulbs. (Opmax in the spotlights on the slings) On my Deadpool I am actually using a mix of sunlight and cool white. I usually use all cool white, but like the look of sunlight on Deadpool, but all sunlight was a little too "yellow" for me, so added some cools to bring it down a little.

I wait for Comet to have their black Friday sale and buy the bags of 50 when they are cheep(er). I had enough on hand to swap out the reds for sunlight white 2 smds. I like the look, not too cool, not too yellow.

I did the same thing on my Jurassic home pin, but then had to go back and add the reds back in when I realized that they are controlled separately from the white GI, and I was missing out on a cool effect with raptor multiball. DP doesn't seem to have that issue.

#13120 1 year ago

Open to offers. Local sale preferred, but will ship via STI if nothing local materializes within a few days.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “* Stern Insider Connected * Stern topper * Stern artblades * Stern Katana armor * Stern shooter * Stern shaker * Stern Deadpool banner * Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod * Stern g...”
2022-05-30
Minneapolis, MN
10,450 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 503 times

#13121 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

* Upgraded (to 2.8”) mirrored disco ball

Where did you get the upgraded disco ball from?

#13122 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Open to offers. Local sale preferred, but will ship via STI if nothing local materializes within a few days.

Machine - For Sale

DP Premium in Mpls - w/Topper/Mods

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “* Stern Insider Connected
* Stern topper
* Stern artblades
* Stern Katana armor
* Stern shooter
* Stern shaker
* Stern Deadpool banner
* Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod
* Stern g...”

2 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

Jason_Jehosaphat

10,850 (OBO)

Quoted from sanctumwear:

Where did you get the upgraded disco ball from?

agreed! Need this info!

#13123 1 year ago

Finally in the club.

E0613111-DD47-4EB2-8CD8-BD0B4703DEB0 (resized).jpegE0613111-DD47-4EB2-8CD8-BD0B4703DEB0 (resized).jpegEBB83292-D149-4EB9-8C77-D3B9CCCF121D (resized).jpegEBB83292-D149-4EB9-8C77-D3B9CCCF121D (resized).jpeg
#13124 1 year ago

There is an upgraded disco ball and RGB lighting mod in the works

#13125 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is an upgraded disco ball and RGB lighting mod in the works

Reaaaaaaaaaaally! Something that might be for Pro too?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13126 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Reaaaaaaaaaaally! Something that might be for Pro too?

Possibly……. If it can be made interactive.

#13127 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Possibly……. If it can be made interactive.

Sounds awesome!

#13128 1 year ago

PM me if you’re looking for a new pro at MSRP shipped.

#13129 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tron has nudged Deadpool out slightly as the best game i've played, with AFM bring up third.

I’m sorry I sold my Tron, they’re too hard to find now, but DP has filled its place in many ways. I mean it’s not Tron but there are things I very much prefer on DP. Sad that I can’t own them all but DP is kind of in the got to own it at some time club.

#13130 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m sorry I sold my Tron, they’re too hard to find now, but DP has filled its place in many ways. I mean it’s not Tron but there are things I very much prefer on DP. Sad that I can’t own them all but DP is kind of in the got to own it at some time club.

Yep, DP was my first pin, if i hadn't chosen that one i doubt i would have 26 of them now. It has so many different paths on it to change the game up in your objectives, Tron is much simpler, but the disc and the speed and the spin make it unique, besides the excellent theme integration on both of them.

Shit, we even play a 9 hole goals based pingolf on Deadpool when the comp is only 2-5 players.

#13131 1 year ago

How is insider connected on DP? Deciding whether to put a kit in DP or Mando next.

#13132 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

How is insider connected on DP? Deciding whether to put a kit in DP or Mando next.

I own both and I would go with DP, code is finished at least structurally/bugs fixed and achievements are fun and not buggy.

Mando unfortunately has achievements you cannot unlock due to bugs and others that most suspect are topper related.

#13133 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I own both and I would go with DP, code is finished at least structurally/bugs fixed and achievements are fun and not buggy.
Mando unfortunately has achievements you cannot unlock due to bugs and others that most suspect are topper related.

Thanks!

#13134 1 year ago

Thank you Mythpinball for this awesome speaker flame mod. Mod came very nicely packed and instructions were very clear. I didn’t install the light distribution panel but may do so later. Picture doesn’t do justice and highly recommend this mod.

06A97C01-9F1B-4711-AD26-D5A8608839B9 (resized).jpeg06A97C01-9F1B-4711-AD26-D5A8608839B9 (resized).jpeg
#13135 1 year ago

Registered my machine last night. Pretty fun with the achievements.

#13136 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Finally beat this mother fucker!

Me too! I had Megakrack completed so it was Clone and then right into the Final Battle. What a blast but I had little idea what the heck was going on in Phase 2 of Final Battle.

I didn't really get my Snikt's going but whatevs, beat this MF

1654189879729.jpg1654189879729.jpg1654189879739.jpg1654189879739.jpg
#13137 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Me too! I had Megakrack completed so it was Clone and then right into the Final Battle. What a blast but I had little idea what the heck was going on in Phase 2 of Final Battle.
I didn't really get my Snikt's going but whatevs, beat this MF [quoted image][quoted image]

Now maybe you can take it off 10 ball and play for real Just another example of how bad I suck at game play.

#13138 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Now maybe you can take it off 10 ball and play for real Just another example of how bad I suck at game play.

Yeah man put the glass back on the game when you play. God I'm so bad at pinball......

#13139 1 year ago

Yeah but that's in Canadian points, so it's really only 500 million.

#13140 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Lol, shot fired! Trust, as I kept getting close but not close enough I contemplated putting it on 5 ball "just to see". Glad I did not.

Don't beat yourself up though. When I first got DP I was either so focussed on score or mode progression that it took some of the enjoyment out of it for me when games were not going well. However, that did teach me a lot about how to maximize points when you want to and how to best approach modes for speed or max points. So now I just kinda let the game guide me based on what's lit and what is close to being complete vs having a defined plan. That has helped me a lot.

For general skills, check out Abe Flips on YouTube if you have not already. He has some incredible tutorials that are well produced and bite sized enough not to be overwhelming at just a few mins per video. I need one of those combat dummies to practice my slap saves. Put a tilt bob in his noggin or something

#13141 1 year ago

Best instructional vids i've seen.

#13142 1 year ago

DP actually seems to be one of the more in-demand games lately it seems. One of the top 3 for sure.

#13143 1 year ago

Random gameplay question: on a ball launch that comes down the left orbit, should the flipper alignment allow a clean bounce pass? My DP Pro seems like the flipper angle is just slightly low enough to cause the bounce pass off the left flipper from orbit to hit the tip of the right flipper which causes the ball to shoot up the playfield and usually end in the right inlane/post into the outlane.

Had a friend over who think it's off but it plays just like the two I play in town, searched through the threads and saw some posts about flipper angle but didn't see any talking about the bounce trajectory.

#13144 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Random gameplay question: on a ball launch that comes down the left orbit, should the flipper alignment allow a clean bounce pass? My DP Pro seems like the flipper angle is just slightly low enough to cause the bounce pass off the left flipper from orbit to hit the tip of the right flipper which causes the ball to shoot up the playfield and usually end in the right inlane/post into the outlane.
Had a friend over who think it's off but it plays just like the two I play in town, searched through the threads and saw some posts about flipper angle but didn't see any talking about the bounce trajectory.

Gotta shoot for that katana lock off the plunge always and forever lol

#13145 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Gotta shoot for that katana lock off the plunge always and forever lol

Nah, right orbit back to the left flipper and then katana for 15m.

Can't think of a reason to pass, skill shot wise.

#13146 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I agree with this!

#13147 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Guess a bit of clarification: he was trying to rack up snikt shots, he'd hit the wolverine loop instead and expect the ball to come off orbit, dead bounce to the right and he'd post pass it back to left to to try again (hit snikt from left flipper.) He was avoiding the katana/orbit bonuses altogether, said off a default launch into the orbit it should just line up with the flipper. <shrug>

#13148 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Guess a bit of clarification: he was trying to rack up snikt shots, he'd hit the wolverine loop instead and expect the ball to come off orbit, dead bounce to the right and he'd post pass it back to left to to try again (hit snikt from left flipper.) He was avoiding the katana/orbit bonuses altogether, said off a default launch into the orbit it should just line up with the flipper. <shrug>

Cool, you guy's are two planets above me....

Below average hack here.

#13149 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cool, you guy's are two planets above me....
Below average hack here.

Lol maybe he is, I'm the rookie questioning if my flippers are correct.

#13150 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Lol maybe he is, I'm the rookie questioning if my flippers are correct.

Angle is set to 7.1 degrees auto plunge is set to factory. The first, third, and fifth balls are plunged the second, fourth, and sixth are auto plunged. All but one end up in the right return lane. The game feels pretty dialed in. Hope this helps, here is the video, and I will put Comet spotlights to brighten up this sexy beast sometime this weekend.
-Lb

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Grovetown, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/263?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.