(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 326.
#12751 1 year ago

Just received a Deadpool Pro yesterday, I can't seem to figure out why the tilt isn't working. I don't even get a warning. I tried adjusting the tilt bob to different settings and it never gets triggered. I can shake the whole machine during play and don't even get a warning. Anyone know how to diagnose? The game should be still default set at 2 warnings as I didn't change any settings. Assuming I don't need to turn anything on for tilt to work.

#12752 1 year ago

I'm at 6.8 and notice that there's a good chunk of times that the bumper doesn't fire when a ball gently rolls over it, and got stuck there twice in a couple of hundred games. Since it was seldom enough haven't bothered searching for it being addressed or fixable, but for sure it has problems firing on the top side of that lower bumper

#12753 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

Also any way to fix the nearly 100% drain rate for every slow ball that rolls down the domino lane?

As others have said check your pitch, but for reference balls that come down the Domino orbit should hit the post at the entrance to the orbit and land safely on your left flipper.

#12754 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

1 has been on since mid April, 1 since end of April and others beginning of this month and they haven’t sold yet, maybe things are slowing down a little? Things where selling in a day or 2 max previously. But if you don’t play any game your best selling it.

Sold prices are still pretty insane though

Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you aren't buying the game to play it then sell it sure. You are missing out though, because Deadpool is awesome.

I definitely want it but I've sold comics I wanted because the prices got insane too. It's almost double what I paid for it. So I'm having a crisis of collection vs money to get possibly multiple games

#12755 1 year ago
Quoted from bigboystyx02:

Just received a Deadpool Pro yesterday, I can't seem to figure out why the tilt isn't working. I don't even get a warning. I tried adjusting the tilt bob to different settings and it never gets triggered. I can shake the whole machine during play and don't even get a warning. Anyone know how to diagnose? The game should be still default set at 2 warnings as I didn't change any settings. Assuming I don't need to turn anything on for tilt to work.

Check the game settings but if it is factory tilt should be enabled. Otherwise it sounds like a broken/faulty connection to the ring that the plumbob swings between. There has gotta be a diagnostic test for it as well.

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from bigboystyx02:

Start a game with the glass off, coin door open make sure the 48v switch is pulled out so the games fully active and push the bob with your finger so you know it should definitely trigger a tilt warning.

If nothing happens follow the wiring back and see if the switch is simply not plugged in or if there is another visible issue.

#12757 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

Last week I came across a distributor who said he had a pre-order spot for a Deadpool Pro. Yesterday he called and said they could deliver immediately. My first pin and I’m loving it.
Two issues though: Anyone have a problem with their bottom pop bumper not firing when hit from the top? The second photo shows an extremely common occurrence in my games. It fires if hit hard or from any other angle but not slow/med from the top.
Also any way to fix the nearly 100% drain rate for every slow ball that rolls down the domino lane?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Saw others mentioned the pitch of the game, definitely check that. Also check the switch gap on that pop bumper. Getting it nice and sensitive will help the ball bounce right out of there.

#12758 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I definitely want it but I've sold comics I wanted because the prices got insane too. It's almost double what I paid for it. So I'm having a crisis of collection vs money to get possibly multiple games

Sell the LE and put your name on a distributor list for a premium. Cash out and get the same gameplay.

#12759 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Start a game with the glass off, coin door open make sure the 48v switch is pulled out so the games fully active and push the bob with your finger so you know it should definitely trigger a tilt warning.
If nothing happens follow the wiring back and see if the switch is simply not plugged in or if there is another visible issue.

Got it figured out, the white wire that connects to the ring around the plumb bob was not tight. Tightened it up and it's working. Don't know why I didn't think to look there first... Thank you!

#12760 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

With prices like this how do I justify keeping my open box 0 plays LE?
[quoted image]

Hard to not sell at those prices. Sell sell sell….and be happy with a 6 pin lineup. Or, buy another pin at another inflated price and possibly some $ in your wallet but no DPLE. It really depends on how married to “LE” models you are. If you’re ok owning a pro or premium, seems like a good move. Not many games (or LE’s for that matter) that are better than Deadpool.

#12761 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Sold prices are still pretty insane though

Doesn’t sound like any reason to keep this.

#12762 1 year ago

Just adjust the switch to make it more sensitive after you have set it up at 6.8-7 degrees.

#12763 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

Anyone have a problem with their bottom pop bumper not firing when hit from the top? The second photo shows an extremely common occurrence in my games.

Happening to me too when the ball is real slow in that area. But since I commonly have an open beer when I'm playing, it's a "Deadpool Deadball" and I have 8 seconds to drink before ball search kicks it back into play.

I know I can fix it, but I had some other minor issues out of the box and did those all at a whack. Maybe if I need to do a few other things I'll get around to making the switch more sensitive, but for now it's a little "out of bounds" type penalty.

#12764 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I know I can fix it, but I had some other minor issues out of the box and did those all at a whack.

What did you have to fix? Mine is being delivered in the next few days so I'd like to know what to be on the lookout for.

#12765 1 year ago

Recently received my DP Pro. Has about 10 plays on it. When I flip left flipper it scores on the screen so its tripping another switch. During test I captured what it is triggering. Picture shows its Left Ramp Opto. I checked connections on the node boards but no help there. Anyone know of a solution or maybe where to post this issue on a tech thread?

Deadpool issue (resized).jpgDeadpool issue (resized).jpg
#12766 1 year ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

Recently received my DP Pro. Has about 10 plays on it. When I flip left flipper it scores on the screen so its tripping another switch. During test I captured what it is triggering. Picture shows its Left Ramp Opto. I checked connections on the node boards but no help there. Anyone know of a solution or maybe where to post this issue on a tech thread?
[quoted image]

opto's need to be securely fastened and aligned pointing directly at each other. if that's not the issue, reseat the connector for the opto's (not at the node board, but where they plug into the circuit, probably just below where they enter through the playfield.

i should mention that i'm not familiar w that particular opto, but just some common issues with optos in general.

#12767 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

The first thing I'd check is your pitch - those rear leg levelers look way too low to me. Deadpool is designed for 7 degrees.

It turns out that the pitch was fine (6.9 degrees). The installer left the front legs as low as the could go and then leveled to the bubble which is why the back legs were so low. The roll was off an entire degree though. I added some elevation to the front, and the leveled the roll and set the pitch to 7 degrees. This seems to have corrected the domino lane but boy do I get way more drains overall after this change.

Quoted from Walk:

My Deadpool Pro lower bumper does the exact same thing and gets balls stuck there.

I checked the leaf switch for the pop bumper and that one has a larger gap than the other two. I was able to lower the gap just a hair but I'm waiting on a leaf adjuster tool to fix it completely. I've already noticed the bumper fires more often and it no longer gets stuck

#12768 1 year ago

You'll get used yo it, a little sway that's less than a slide will usually work for sdtm. If it's going down the outlanes make it steeper and put some titans on the outlane posts.

#12769 1 year ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

[quoted image]

My NIB premium had the same issue last year with the opto behind Lil DP. Only thing that fixed it was replacing the opto.

#12770 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Ironically I just asked this question last week on the Avengers Infinity Quest owners thread. The short of it is that it's NOT a handle. It's to protect certain components. The discussion then moved to 'how to properly reseat the playfield'. Interesting read and a few bits of history on the 'handle'. I recommend giving it a read.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/196#post-6914135

That was a pretty cool read. Thanks for the info! It makes a lot more sense that the tutorials I saw were on jurassic and other stern titles with handles.

Quoted from J85M:

Easiest way to remove the playfield:
Put the playfield up into the upright service position, so resting against the back box.
Locate and unplug the playfield connectors usually 2 or 3 just follow the harness off the bottom of the playfield.
Grab the playfield just below the midway point and lift it up and out.
Easy peasy!
Reverse the steps to put it back in and a little tip look at the rear of the playfield and backboard prior to removing the playfield so you can work out the best way to rest the playfield once it’s out of the game. I put the front down using the service rails and rest a little box under the back end of the playfield seems to work for 99% of games.

That's also really good to know if the playfield ever needs to be completely out for other stuff. Knowing where to grab was what scared me at first.

#12771 1 year ago
Quoted from PfRedflyer:

That was a pretty cool read. Thanks for the info! It makes a lot more sense that the tutorials I saw were on jurassic and other stern titles with handles.

That's also really good to know if the playfield ever needs to be completely out for other stuff. Knowing where to grab was what scared me at first.

You can also remove the playfield if it’s in the lower service position (playfield service rails on the lockbar receiver) but you need to make sure you have something protecting any side art or mirror blades as it involves you grabbing the playfield as high up as you can from the front of the cab and basically pivoting the back up then lifting the playfield out and resting it against the front of the cab on the floor using the front of the service rails.

Both methods work great, I find my initial suggestion easiest hit depending what space you have the above works great too.

#12772 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

With prices like this how do I justify keeping my open box 0 plays LE?
[quoted image]

Good time to sell anything that got bumped up during the pandemic. Things are slowing down including money flow from then Govt. Stocks just got sold off and good ones that make money will come back ok but a group of stupidly priced ones likely never come back to near where they were. If a pin you own is stupidly overpriced like $15k plus LE’s you may want sell. The $15k Deadpool’s only started last Dec in tight supply for sale before Christmas. It’s not a years long pattern of pricing. It’s possible it sticks, sure. I don’t think it’s probable. All IMHO.

#12773 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

What did you have to fix? Mine is being delivered in the next few days so I'd like to know what to be on the lookout for.

The biggie was that my Katana ramp was having problems. Start of Ninja MB and the 3 balls would all avalanche out together, collide at the end of the ramp and some would fall into the outlane or shooter lane. To address it, first I noticed the plastic Katana handle wasn't installed correctly. From there I saw that the up post for the lock was installed off-center and the post would be caught on friction to the hole in the PF. Quick realignment of the coil and post fixed that. Then I reinstalled the Katana handle correctly.

From there I noticed more rejects than normal on my Katana lock shot (behind mini-DP). There's 2 posts on the left at the entrance of the Katana ramp. I loosened them and pushed them left more opening the ramp entrance up a smidge. Watching my son play, those rubbers on the posts would sometimes hit the ball killing the momentum (rail guide behind mini-DP is perfectly aligned). It's a lot more easy to make now, especially on the Super Skill shot.

Last thing I did was just some quick adjustments in the settings for the scoop and ball eject powers. I want to be able to catch the ball from the hell house, and I don't want the eject into the shooter lane to be damaging the wood in a week (which will totally happen on factory settings).

#12774 1 year ago

Thanks for your input. I open my Pro tonight.

#12775 1 year ago

Finally arrived, set up - installed shaker, Cliffys, , Stern Armor, Hooked Ninja star pops, few other little items.. Special speaker lights getting installed tomorrow .. Time to play! Talk about a recent run! 5/2/22 Born

273DF603-A6DA-42E0-B6F7-F03F2B927FEA (resized).jpeg273DF603-A6DA-42E0-B6F7-F03F2B927FEA (resized).jpeg2AF77E4A-BBA6-478B-88BC-587E27BE1087 (resized).jpeg2AF77E4A-BBA6-478B-88BC-587E27BE1087 (resized).jpegA16D8486-A6E5-4433-BF1D-9D59044CD1D1 (resized).jpegA16D8486-A6E5-4433-BF1D-9D59044CD1D1 (resized).jpegD94E3BB8-35A9-4E95-A67B-D0EF6FB48776 (resized).jpegD94E3BB8-35A9-4E95-A67B-D0EF6FB48776 (resized).jpeg

#12776 1 year ago

Its finally coming. My dealer messaged me Thursday saying my Deadpool was arriving at his shop on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then we would set up a time for delivery Thursday or Friday. I can not wait to get it here and start playing.

#12777 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Special eaker lights getting installed tomorrow ..

Tell me more about those special eaker lights. They sound scarey

#12778 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Tell me more about those special eaker lights. They sound scarey

Speaker

#12779 1 year ago

Anyone have any ideas why serial ends with a letter? Never seen that before

F3390834-6332-4190-BC83-F01EDB19E688 (resized).jpegF3390834-6332-4190-BC83-F01EDB19E688 (resized).jpeg
#12780 1 year ago

Anyone got their DP prem/LE with the glass off able to measure the current disco ball diameter for me? Thank you.

#12781 1 year ago

Premium translite installed ✅
Myth Fire speaker lights installed ✅
Cliffy’s Installed ✅
Hooked Metal Ninja star pop bumper caps installed ✅

3CF12B2C-6766-4D70-BFC6-FF0FC0A94438 (resized).jpeg3CF12B2C-6766-4D70-BFC6-FF0FC0A94438 (resized).jpeg7A32C0B3-AF57-44E6-8B21-099144CE6F6A (resized).jpeg7A32C0B3-AF57-44E6-8B21-099144CE6F6A (resized).jpeg9317A632-ADBD-4DCB-8DB3-183A83DCD9BC (resized).jpeg9317A632-ADBD-4DCB-8DB3-183A83DCD9BC (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12782 1 year ago

That katana cliffy doesn’t look right when comparing to image from his website. Looks like you need to push it in all the way.

#12783 1 year ago

this light is more best than speakerlight?

#12784 1 year ago

About 30 plays in on my DP Pro I had this screw careen toward me and land on the playfield. Scoured the machine to find it’s home and couldn’t find a missing screw anywhere. Heard threads about techs sometimes losing a screw and moving on. Then about 15 plays later, my ball got stuck near the left rear electric gate and found it laying on a pieces of metal. Searched the manual to find a matching piece and I found nothing. Does anyone know where this guy belongs. Thanks.

2903093B-D07C-408C-B6B9-634D38792A67 (resized).jpeg2903093B-D07C-408C-B6B9-634D38792A67 (resized).jpeg846DBE42-5E99-4447-8D23-91744158EC07 (resized).jpeg846DBE42-5E99-4447-8D23-91744158EC07 (resized).jpegDF0939F4-042E-43C3-8133-480F34D80C17 (resized).jpegDF0939F4-042E-43C3-8133-480F34D80C17 (resized).jpeg
#12785 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

That katana cliffy doesn’t look right when comparing to image from his website. Looks like you need to push it in all the way.

It’s all the way back there is a cutout in the cliffy
If you zoom in you’ll see.. Thank you

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from fhk:

this light is more best than speakerlight?

Very cool effects!

#12787 1 year ago

Where does everyone order the “Cliffy” protectors from? I’m getting the Deadpool Pro in the next week and sound like I need to get a set.

#12788 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Where does everyone order the “Cliffy” protectors from? I’m getting the Deadpool Pro in the next week and sound like I need to get a set.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Find all the stuff you want then shoot Cliff an email. He will invoice you.

#12789 1 year ago
Quoted from Fire1st:

About 30 plays in on my DP Pro I had this screw careen toward me and land on the playfield. Scoured the machine to find it’s home and couldn’t find a missing screw anywhere. Heard threads about techs sometimes losing a screw and moving on. Then about 15 plays later, my ball got stuck near the left rear electric gate and found it laying on a pieces of metal. Searched the manual to find a matching piece and I found nothing. Does anyone know where this guy belongs. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The same exact thing happened to Buffalo Pinball during a livestream from 1/2/20. You can watch it unfold on YouTube. Skip to about the 38 minute mark for the repair.

BBFBD77E-7C27-4A3E-8C99-79E86A98A0B5 (resized).jpegBBFBD77E-7C27-4A3E-8C99-79E86A98A0B5 (resized).jpeg

#12790 1 year ago

Anyone got their DP prem/LE with the glass off able to measure the current disco ball diameter for me? Thank you.Thanks

#12791 1 year ago

¡Efectos muy chulos!

this is speakerlight. i dont sponsor, i only ask if your kit is best than this.

#12792 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hard to not sell at those prices. Sell sell sell….and be happy with a 6 pin lineup. Or, buy another pin at another inflated price and possibly some $ in your wallet but no DPLE. It really depends on how married to “LE” models you are. If you’re ok owning a pro or premium, seems like a good move. Not many games (or LE’s for that matter) that are better than Deadpool.

I wish I had the room for 6 pins or even the funds to own 6. I have room for 3 maybe 4. Now its just deciding what the other 2 will be. I need to save up for the other 2 but It should be fun seeing what Stern/American/JJP release next. I would really like w Wonka so really room for 1 more lol

#12793 1 year ago

It’s all the way back there is a cutout in the cliffy
If you zoom in you’ll see.. Thank you

From cliff.

36959053-5C08-426B-A0D7-2844C9A2737F (resized).jpeg36959053-5C08-426B-A0D7-2844C9A2737F (resized).jpeg
#12794 1 year ago

I love cliffys but I am not a fan of those rail cliffys at all.

It takes a little more time but I removed the rail and put small washers under the 2 rail legs, it lifts the guide just above the playfield and looks 100x better and factory.

#12795 1 year ago

Anybody have a pro that the ninja sword lock plunger doesn't come up high enough to hold the ball? Ball tends to hop the stop unless it has very little momentum.

#12796 1 year ago

Joined the club today. Bone stock for now except for the topper. Couple mods on route, powdercoating in July.

Never played the game before or seen it in person. Absolutely love it.

A9AD8DD2-C2A5-4132-8DAF-EA4FF82A4A06 (resized).jpegA9AD8DD2-C2A5-4132-8DAF-EA4FF82A4A06 (resized).jpeg
#12797 1 year ago

Threw the remainder batch of katana handles on the shop (matte or gloss finish options).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1363-cheko-s-shop/06853-deadpool-katana-handle

2022-05-02 17.30.16 (resized).jpg2022-05-02 17.30.16 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 14.10.00 (resized).jpg2022-05-13 14.10.00 (resized).jpg
#12798 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anybody have a pro that the ninja sword lock plunger doesn't come up high enough to hold the ball? Ball tends to hop the stop unless it has very little momentum.

I will say, I thought mine "should" come up more. I do think the ramp design with the tight-turn radii (only time I'll use that word in 2022) kills a lot of the momentum on those I've played so I usually don't see them screaming into the Katana lock... but with how little my post comes up (probably 40% of the total ball height), jumping a conical post is totally plausible to me.

Anyone have any ideas why serial ends with a letter? Never seen that before
[quoted image]

Perhaps they're adding it to designate production runs (no idea if this is DP's 3rd or 4th run) so someone in aftermarket support can immediately know the engineering changes between runs...? At a former employer we sold one same product for a decade and the last digit in the S/N signified the year so you could quickly know when it was made and perhaps what things may or may not have changed on their particular unit.

Quoted from Rizmo:

I wish I had the room for 6 pins or even the funds to own 6. I have room for 3 maybe 4. Now its just deciding what the other 2 will be. I need to save up for the other 2 but It should be fun seeing what Stern/American/JJP release next. I would really like w Wonka so really room for 1 more lol

Just my $0.02, I think AIQ Pro complements this game amazingly. Completely different layouts, approaches, depths, rules... everything. And I've seen like 4 total Marvel Universe movies.

#12799 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Check the mechanism under the playfield. Mine was missing a washer, which allowed the spring to work its way up and caused the post to rest too low.

Edit: Here's a pic of what happened with mine (there should be a nylon washer between the spring and the e-clip):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153

#12800 1 year ago

Does anyone know how I can protect the sides of the henhouse scoop like on Rush. I hate that metal sound every time it hits it. Rush is so much better now with it.

5AB994AC-65CB-4B63-A3C8-F68C12D46F83 (resized).jpeg5AB994AC-65CB-4B63-A3C8-F68C12D46F83 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/256?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.