(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 324.
#12651 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Getting my Pro next week and thinking that this title needs an audio upgrade. Agreed? Pinwoofer while expensive, is easier for me to navigate and install. Anyone who did this chime in with comments. Speakerlight kit install at the same time makes sense as well? I’m not sure if going for the LE look or basic.

Depends on what you have access to. If you want easiest plug and play, pinwoofers. With some know how and if you have 3d printers access, you can do most of it at about half price. My IMDN speaker upgrade was about 200 bucks but I made all adapters I needed myself.

With speaker lights, if that was an added priority... I'd spend some time making the LED adapters myself.... But if you get the ready made kits from speakerlightkits you can already get some of the adapters along with it and then do some audio upgrades yourself.

Usually it's four tier/step. Upgrade the back box speakers, then up the cabinet speaker, then amp... Then external subwoofer. Depends how far you want to get into it

#12652 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Getting my Pro next week and thinking that this title needs an audio upgrade. Agreed? Pinwoofer while expensive, is easier for me to navigate and install. Anyone who did this chime in with comments. Speakerlight kit install at the same time makes sense as well? I’m not sure if going for the LE look or basic.

Pinwoofer is the best upgrade you can do. invisiglass, shaker motor second and third.

#12653 1 year ago

Picked up last night from FedEx. Reached out to a couple of the smaller distributors a few weeks ago to see if any of them had DP pro spots left and got super lucky. Most likely this is the last run of DP.

Born date: April 29th, 2022

Will be adding: Cliffys, upgraded 5.25” kicker speakers and a JBL sub and LED speaker light kit. Pinnovators external sub out kit with Polk PSW10 ext sub. Slingshot protectors, ninja star pop caps, mirror blades, shaker motor, new coil stops, and eventually a nice powder coat from the Pinball Refinery (TBD).

FDE11F0D-E7EF-4D7E-966A-94BCE22C8D17 (resized).jpegFDE11F0D-E7EF-4D7E-966A-94BCE22C8D17 (resized).jpeg
#12654 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Most likely this is the last run of DP.

For the year or ever?

#12655 1 year ago

Last run for 2022 more production in 2023

#12656 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

For the year or ever?

Last run for the year and most likely last run ever. DP came out in 2018 so 4 years is a long time for a production run.

#12657 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:Picked up last night from FedEx. Reached out to a couple of the smaller distributors a few weeks ago to see if any of them had DP pro spots left and got super lucky. Most likely this is the last run of DP.
Born date: April 29th, 2022
Will be adding: Cliffys, upgraded 5.25” kicker speakers and a JBL sub and LED speaker light kit. Pinnovators external sub out kit with Polk PSW10 ext sub. Slingshot protectors, ninja star pop caps, mirror blades, shaker motor, new coil stops, and eventually a nice powder coat from the Pinball Refinery (TBD).
[quoted image]

Good job on being proactive on calling around and being ready to pull the trigger right then. Pro plays great. You will love it!

#12658 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinwoofer is the best upgrade you can do. invisiglass, shaker motor second and third.

Maybe I’m not an audio addict like some but I think the stock speakers are pretty good especially when turned up, it’s enough for a pin, although I do have a set of speakers and a sub that was pulled out of a friends LE Godzilla I’ll likely stick in my Deadpool as it’s all been given to me free.

For me PDI, art blades (stern) and shaker are the 3 must have upgrades for me.

#12659 1 year ago

I’m in - Picked up a Pro last week. Loving’ it!

561938B4-1617-4801-B9C4-6F209FEF4D76 (resized).jpeg561938B4-1617-4801-B9C4-6F209FEF4D76 (resized).jpeg
#12660 1 year ago

Sending my katana off to a metal plater this week for chroming hopefully comes back looking like a mirror

#12661 1 year ago

I’m in. Loving it so far. Ran out of space though so she blocks the screen for a bit.

CF6B916C-5B21-42CE-A763-12F5D2AB52F4 (resized).jpegCF6B916C-5B21-42CE-A763-12F5D2AB52F4 (resized).jpeg

#12662 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sending my katana off to a metal plater this week for chroming hopefully comes back looking like a mirror

Sweeeett, very jelly!!! Will likely do the same with my Katana when it arrives.... not sure I'll be able to handle having it offline so soon after receiving it though haha.

BTW, has anyone got any before/after katana chroming pics.

#12663 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

BTW, has anyone got any before/after katana chroming pics.

I’ve asked and never got a reply, but I figure it should look pretty sweet so going to take the plunge.

#12664 1 year ago

Playfield Leveling/Alignment Help Sought:

My plunge-to-left-flipper-to-Katana shot - my favorite of this game - isn't working, nor is the right-spinner-loop-to-left-flipper shot. Specifically, the ball grazes the left sling as it comes to the left flipper. It will sometimes fire the sling, or it will graze the bottom of the sling, disturbing the timing of the flip. If I wait for a dead flip, the ball will sometimes carom off the heel of the sling and go SDTM.

I realize the fix here should be about pitch/level, but I can't get it to work despite much experimentation. My spirit level is in the middle, which I assume means the pitch is 6.5-degrees. I "cheated" the PF level a little to the right, but that didn't solve it. What I want to avoid is deliberately misleveling the cabinet just to get this one shot to work. Doing that would disturb the other shots, obviously. Will it be necessary to change the position of the playfield ball guide that ends just above the left bank of drop targets?

Does a steeper- or gentler pitch help these shots work?

Thanks in advance.

#12665 1 year ago

Some one mentioned chrome playing the katana and somebody had some in stock for swap out..

Any help I can’t find who it was. I remember it was said to contact them as they’re not on his site..

Thanks
Jim

#12666 1 year ago

My NIB pro is en route on the truck.. Hopefully by Tuesday. All these lonely mods sitting here waiting. I can’t wait

#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Last run for the year and most likely last run ever. DP came out in 2018 so 4 years is a long time for a production run.

I sure hope they retire the game after this run. Along with Stranger Things, Iron Maidenx, Star Wars, GOG, Beatles. Let them get all caught up on all the back orders. Then they can pump out their future new releases. I think a game should have a 3 year window being made before they retire it. Then just say hey this is the last run for this game before its retired.

#12668 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

PinWoofer is a very worthwhile upgrade on DP, especially if you also hook it up to an external sub. Your game room will sound like a disco club

#12669 1 year ago

https://pinballplating.com/

Chris +1 (615) 598-0024

He has Katana swords ready to exchange

https://pinballplating.com/new-parts

#12670 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

https://pinballplating.com/
Chris +1 (615) 598-0024
He has Katana swords ready to exchange
https://pinballplating.com/new-parts

Yeah that’s the one, unfortunately it’s exchange only which is why I’m taking it to a local plating company. Don’t want my game down for a month+ with the way international shipping is at the moment.

#12671 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe I’m not an audio addict like some but I think the stock speakers are pretty good especially when turned up, it’s enough for a pin, although I do have a set of speakers and a sub that was pulled out of a friends LE Godzilla I’ll likely stick in my Deadpool as it’s all been given to me free.
For me PDI, art blades (stern) and shaker are the 3 must have upgrades for me.

So you tried pinwoofer in DP and took it back out?

#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah that’s the one, unfortunately it’s exchange only which is why I’m taking it to a local plating company. Don’t want my game down for a month+ with the way international shipping is at the moment.

Yes same issue I have unfortunately- my game arrives Tuesday or Wednesday and I wanted the replacement here, even offered to pay deposit..

Nope

#12673 1 year ago

Just installed IC kit into my DP and I can't find the Net function in my menu. What am I missing?

#12674 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I sure hope they retire the game after this run. Along with Stranger Things, Iron Maidenx, Star Wars, GOG, Beatles. Let them get all caught up on all the back orders. Then they can pump out their future new releases. I think a game should have a 3 year window being made before they retire it. Then just say hey this is the last run for this game before its retired.

If they still sell well and the license is still available, I don’t see why Stern would stop making a particular game.

#12675 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Just installed IC kit into my DP and I can't find the Net function in my menu. What am I missing?

What software version are you running? If it's pre IC then it won't have those features. Would need to update it manually first

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12676 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So you tried pinwoofer in DP and took it back out?

Nope never bothered with any audio upgrades like pinwoofer etc, a friend of mine upgrades all his speakers though so he gave me his factory speakers and sub out of his Godzilla LE which I will likely put in my DP premium.

#12677 1 year ago

Finally cracked 500mil, love this game!

1D7960C9-EE45-4577-8855-E928A46616E4 (resized).jpeg1D7960C9-EE45-4577-8855-E928A46616E4 (resized).jpeg
#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nope never bothered with any audio upgrades like pinwoofer etc, a friend of mine upgrades all his speakers though so he gave me his factory speakers and sub out of his Godzilla LE which I will likely put in my DP premium.

That explains your view, thanks.

#12679 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Me either, for me I think it’s a mix of just being a terrible audio connoisseur and not having my games that loud. When I bought a used machine the audio was set to deafening to me. I can understand if you like it that loud you need better speakers but my spike 2s are set between 4-6 on volume and factory speakers sound fine to me at that level

#12680 1 year ago

Haven't heard DP without speaker upgrades (came with pinwoofers already), but full diy on IMDN and amp only added to AIQ LE made a world of difference. Wasn't the loudness or the bass itself that it improved on that I enjoyed, but all of a sudden I heard little nuances of game sound effects I didn't know existed. It was a huge improvement to the experience.

Main thing about doing diy is there's a bit more of tweaking involved compared to a set group of equipment that someone else already dialed in for you. Every amp has different ranges you need to adjust for, so it's a turn off for some.

#12681 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Wasn't the loudness or the bass itself that it improved on that I enjoyed, but all of a sudden I heard little nuances of game sound effects I didn't know existed. It was a huge improvement to the experience.

This.

There are sounds and callouts you never experience without.

#12682 1 year ago

I know I’m in the minority here but I add a headphone adapter to all my games. I typically play at night when my kids are in bed so I can’t really crank my games. Headphones allow you to hear all the awesome callouts in this game.

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Playfield Leveling/Alignment Help Sought:
My plunge-to-left-flipper-to-Katana shot - my favorite of this game - isn't working, nor is the right-spinner-loop-to-left-flipper shot. Specifically, the ball grazes the left sling as it comes to the left flipper. It will sometimes fire the sling, or it will graze the bottom of the sling, disturbing the timing of the flip. If I wait for a dead flip, the ball will sometimes carom off the heel of the sling and go SDTM.
I realize the fix here should be about pitch/level, but I can't get it to work despite much experimentation. My spirit level is in the middle, which I assume means the pitch is 6.5-degrees. I "cheated" the PF level a little to the right, but that didn't solve it. What I want to avoid is deliberately misleveling the cabinet just to get this one shot to work. Doing that would disturb the other shots, obviously. Will it be necessary to change the position of the playfield ball guide that ends just above the left bank of drop targets?
Does a steeper- or gentler pitch help these shots work?
Thanks in advance.

If you know the previous owner ask them if what is going on now was normal.

#12684 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I know I’m in the minority here but I add a headphone adapter to all my games. I typically play at night when my kids are in bed so I can’t really crank my games. Headphones allow you to hear all the awesome callouts in this game.

Does anyone make head phone adapters with Bluetooth all of my headphones these days are wireless.

#12685 1 year ago

I put a pinwoofer + upgraded sub and speakers in my DP pro and to say it was an improvement is a massive understatement. Luckily I'm able to crank up the volume on my machines, and everyone who heard DP was asking me how on earth it sounded so good. The sound on this one absolutely deserves an upgrade - for me it's the best audio package Stern has ever done.

I (perhaps stupidly) sold my pro with the pinwoofer still in it, so now my premium is on the way I've had to purchase another one. But I really wanted the new owner to appreciate the sound as much as I did.

#12686 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I put a pinwoofer + upgraded sub and speakers in my DP pro and to say it was an improvement is a massive understatement. Luckily I'm able to crank up the volume on my machines, and everyone who heard DP was asking me how on earth it sounded so good. The sound on this one absolutely deserves an upgrade - for me it's the best audio package Stern has ever done.
I (perhaps stupidly) sold my pro with the pinwoofer still in it, so now my premium is on the way I've had to purchase another one. But I really wanted the new owner to appreciate the sound as much as I did.

Yo Ceemonkey, which Pinwoofer did you go for? I have a Premium in bound so thinking of doing the same upgrade.

#12687 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Does anyone make head phone adapters with Bluetooth all of my headphones these days are wireless.

Sadly I don’t know of one

#12689 1 year ago

Just make sure to get a transmitter, not a receiver (guess combo works, but extra cost/tech is unnecessary).

I had done that briefly. I had the coin door headphone adapter in which I plugged in a transmitter to. Either you will get one thats battery dependent or plugs into an outlet. Extra steps would be is wiring the power into the cab electrical and have the transmitter somewhere as you open the coin door so you can pair it and plug/unplug as needed.

All that is a bit hodge podge in setup. I had been thinking about taking a more bare bone transimtter circuit board and making a panel with custom buttons to have power and pairing control with easy access. We ended up moving our games to a different part of the house so the headphone usage was scrapped anyway.

#12690 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Me either, for me I think it’s a mix of just being a terrible audio connoisseur and not having my games that loud. When I bought a used machine the audio was set to deafening to me. I can understand if you like it that loud you need better speakers but my spike 2s are set between 4-6 on volume and factory speakers sound fine to me at that level

Yeah, it's not about loudness alone. It's about clarity, depth, and dynamic range. Clarity to still hear everything clearly when the audio is cranked (and it doesn't crackle or distort). Depth to feel/hear the intricacies of the deep bass. Dynamic Range to hear every sound in the mix, whether sampled at a very high frequency or very low, regardless of volume.

#12691 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you know the previous owner ask them if what is going on now was normal.

Thanks for your response.
I guess I assumed this is a common issue and there would be a few suggestions.
I did in fact play this machine in its former home and I don’t recall noticing this issue.
I went through this same layout challenge on TWD. The Tunnel shot would emerge to the left orbit and, on its way to the left flipper, would graze the left sling.

#12692 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Headphones sound much better than the factory audio. Made a big difference for me.

#12693 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Wouldn’t it be the noise of the game itself, solenoids and all, that would be most likely to wake your kids?

#12694 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Wouldn’t it be the noise of the game itself, solenoids and all, that would be most likely to wake your kids?

Yeah I play in our basement. What I’m saying is why would I add a sub or upgrade the speakers if I’m trying to make less noise? I’ve really gotten used to headphones as I do direct audio capture and wear them when I stream on twitch.

#12695 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yeah I play in our basement. What I’m saying is why would I add a sub or upgrade the speakers if I’m trying to make less noise? I’ve really gotten used to headphones as I do direct audio capture and wear them when I stream on twitch.

Betting dan will answer this, as he follows this thread, but i'll make a stab at one likely benefit. the headphone jack on a pinwoofer system would be (guessing) connected to their amplifier output. Therefore the quality of the sound in your headphones would be superior?

#12696 1 year ago

Hello together

Since many get the deadpool delivered and always ask me, I will make another run of my Quality Katana handle. The handle is easy to install and comes with several color filters that can be changed at will.
If you are interested, please send me a PM and I take you on the list. (Actuall it can take up to 3 weeks to get them ready) The price is between 87-94 USD (including shipping) depending on the payment method.

IMG_20220216_235211_460.jpgIMG_20220216_235211_460.jpgIMG_20220217_235523_124.jpgIMG_20220217_235523_124.jpgIMG_20220218_000807_687.jpgIMG_20220218_000807_687.jpg
#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Yo Ceemonkey, which Pinwoofer did you go for? I have a Premium in bound so thinking of doing the same upgrade.

In my pro I had the larger sized Pinwoofer GT, but this time for the premium I've gone for the smaller KO unit. I can't tell if there's much difference yet as my premium isn't here, but I've also bought a new 8" woofer (not the monster 12" i had in my pro) and new backbox speakers. The new speakers/sub are essential too to make the most of the amp.

If you are getting a new sub, personally I wouldn't bother with upping the size 10" or 12" its a bit of a pain drilling new holes in the cabinet etc. A good 8" sub should sound amazing. You can also get speaker mounting rings from Dan they do help ease the installation somewhat.

Also I would say, if Pinwoofer seems a bit pricey, you can try an external sub kit first - its a cheaper way to get a pretty big impact in the audio.

#12698 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello together
Since many get the deadpool delivered and always ask me, I will make another run of my Quality Katana handle. The handle is easy to install and comes with several color filters that can be changed at will.
If you are interested, please send me a PM and I take you on the list. (Actuall it can take up to 3 weeks to get them ready) The price is between 87-94 USD (including shipping) depending on the payment method.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Must have mod! This is the best Katana mod available! Buy! Buy! Buy!

#12699 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Very excited to join the club on this game, my pro should be shipping early next week. Picked up all my other mods already in anticipation of this run. Quick question for any other pro owners that have put the dazzler and wolverine figures from the premium into their games. Believe its just a couple of zip ties to get them in place right? Anyone who has done this, can you send some pics of how you have attached.
Also picked up a disco ball mod, saw some prior posts in that one of the recent code updates seem to have 'broken' this mod. But only saw a few posts and things seem silent on any further issues these days (maybe it's been fixed and working as intended again with further code). Would love to hear some thoughts here. Otherwise, art blades will be going in, shurikan bumper caps and will be powder coating the armour purple. Gonna be a looker when finished!

Sorry I don't have pics, but I did install the mods you mentioned on my DP Pro.

I ordered the Dazzler and the Wolverine figures that are in the pin directly from my Stern Distributor. I even bought the chimichanga vehicle as well. All (3) were really pricey for what they were. Yes, I used only zipties for the figures. I recall Dazzler was real easy, being attached by a nearby post or ramp (can't remember). Wolverine was the same, but it took a little fig-naggling on him. At the end of the day I think they look just like the ones installed in the premium and LE models.

However, the chimichanga truck was a little different. All it was is a rubber piece that I had to use an exacto knife to carve out the windows since it was a solid piece of red rubber. I thought it would come with some window stickers or something and didn't fit very well over the metal truck already in the pro version, but it looks okay once you do some adjustments on it. I should have just left that one alone.

Hope this helps and congrats on your new purchase.

#12700 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello together
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FYI. This handle looks amazing. Best handle mod on the market, hands down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/254?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.