(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 326.
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Perfect, agree with all those. I will have to look into the sling spotlights. Never heard of those

Deadpool is really dark in the middle. I put pinstadiums on mine, but i wish i had just stuck with the double sling spots and trough light kit. Pinstadiums are overpriced and they fall to bits, taking art blades down with them.

#12502 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

When you start Megakrakolodonus-Rex, the animation shows you throwing 3 artifacts from quests. I suspect the beak was supposed to be Kraken seen in the whitewood above. It also explains why it has tentacles and has the word "krak" in it's name.

Wish the kraken could have been added instead they added a line into the game (think it’s when you go into megaladon mode) where cable says he will deal with the kraken.

Would have been nice to have had at least that mode added in to make the megakrakolodonus Rex make a little more sense and be all the more sweeter having an extra mode.

#12503 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wish the kraken could have been added instead they added a line into the game (think it’s when you go into megaladon mode) where cable says he will deal with the kraken.

Who is this "cable" you keep referring to? Colossus? And if "cable" is from the source material I wholeheartedly apologize as I am not that familiar with it. Shameful, I know, but it is my cross to bear

#12504 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deadpool is really dark in the middle. I put pinstadiums on mine, but i wish i had just stuck with the double sling spots and trough light kit. Pinstadiums are overpriced and they fall to bits, taking art blades down with them.

I am curious for those with the spotlights. I bought the 4 spot kit from Comet and no doubt it is great, however air balls can hit those causing LEDs to pop out mid game. Glue would certainly help keep those snug but I digress. Has anyone reduced the number of spots they used?

When I had 4 (2 on each sling) I found the ones pointed towards the flipper area were not really needed so I removed them. Perhaps my trough lite helps but I don't think it helped that much. After this change I was still finding air balls were popping lights out and 95% of the time it was on the left side to I removed that too. I am down to just 1 spot on the right sling pointed at the middle of the playfield and it seems to do the trick and I rarely have a bulb escape.

Does anyone else have any non-standard spot setups on their Deadpool? I think I have seen a photo of Zombie Yeti's where he has a single spotlight on the left flush with the plastic (ie: not raised). That seems ripe for ball interference but I haven't tried it.

#12505 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey I have a Premium coming soon. Was wondering what mods you believe are essential besides the hellhouse on the scoop and ninja stars on pop bumpers. Thanks!

Must haves/essentials are:

Lucxor katana handle
HOOKED pop cap throwing stars
Non reflective glass
Shaker
ballbaron ninja pinballs
Replace the red gi with cool white, looks way better and brightens up the middle of the playfield.

Hellhouse mod does nothing for me personally so I don’t have that on my game but I have done a tonne of other stuff to it.

#12506 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I am curious for those with the spotlights. I bought the 4 spot kit from Comet and no doubt it is great, however air balls can hit those causing LEDs to pop out mid game. Glue would certainly help keep those snug but I digress. Has anyone reduced the number of spots they used?
When I had 4 (2 on each sling) I found the ones pointed towards the flipper area were not really needed so I removed them. Perhaps my trough lite helps but I don't think it helped that much. After this change I was still finding air balls were popping lights out and 95% of the time it was on the left side to I removed that too. I am down to just 1 spot on the right sling pointed at the middle of the playfield and it seems to do the trick and I rarely have a bulb escape.
Does anyone else have any non-standard spot setups on their Deadpool? I think I have seen a photo of Zombie Yeti's where he has a single spotlight on the left flush with the plastic (ie: not raised). That seems ripe for ball interference but I haven't tried it.

There's a trick guys have posted, you cover the wedge with elecrical tape but pre bend the wires over the tape and snugly push in, bulb wont pop out

#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I have one spotlight on each sling pointing towards upper middle playfield.

The bulbs popping out is a real issue and the best solution I have found is the piece of electrical tape under the bulb wires. Makes it thicker and much harder to pull or smack out of the spotlight. I also ended up super gluing my spots to the support bracket since they could rotate a bit.

#12508 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

maybe once in two years? I just don't get airballs down there.

#12509 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Who is this "cable" you keep referring to? Colossus? And if "cable" is from the source material I wholeheartedly apologize as I am not that familiar with it. Shameful, I know, but it is my cross to bear

Cable is Deadpool frienemy from the comics, he isn’t really featured in the game other than the quest intro animations when they get in the chimi truck

28E81B76-892D-4DE0-B0AA-A8D1593FB74E (resized).jpeg28E81B76-892D-4DE0-B0AA-A8D1593FB74E (resized).jpeg
#12510 1 year ago

Anyone who wants additional light with a clean factory look, drill out the apron so it’s like the latest stern releases and add led under the apron to shine out directly towards the middle of the playfield, works great and looks great and using comets matrix series it’s easy peasy!

#12511 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone who wants additional light with a clean factory look, drill out the apron so it’s like the latest stern releases and add led under the apron to shine out directly towards the middle of the playfield, works great and looks great and using comets matrix series it’s easy peasy!

If you buy the insider connected kit, there are pre drilled holes for this

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

In the pro*

#12513 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cable is Deadpool frienemy from the comics, he isn’t really featured in the game other than the quest intro animations when they get in the chimi truck
[quoted image]

Thank you for educating my ignorant ass!

As for the bulbs and the electrical tape, I should have mentioned I have done this as well. It certainly helps but the bulbs were popping out enough and impacting some killer games that I got frustrated and removed the blatant offender. I might super glue them in next time. Thank you all for the suggestions though!

#12514 1 year ago

I'd be tracing down the cause of the airballs before i got the superglue out. If the are hitting the spots then the are high enough to go clear over and into the outlanes?

#12515 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd be tracing down the cause of the airballs before i got the superglue out. If the are hitting the spots then the are high enough to go clear over and into the outlanes?

Correct. Sometimes it will launch into the shooter lane! I am setup at about a 6.8 degree pitch and level side to side. For a time I turned my slings down but I want this to play pretty hard so I turned them back up to factory. I am certainly open to suggestions though.

#12516 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Correct. Sometimes it will launch into the shooter lane! I am setup at about a 6.8 degree pitch and level side to side. For a time I turned my slings down but I want this to play pretty hard so I turned them back up to factory. I am certainly open to suggestions though.

I'm not there and mine doesn't do it, i can't diagnose it from this side of the world. Not that i'm good at this stuff anyway, i'm hardly Vid.

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Can you give a few more details? I am curious where you had your spotlights mounted. E.g. What length hex are you using (I assume 1 inch) and where on the slings were they mounted? Moving them may better keep them out of harms way. I am still waiting on my DP, sadly I can’t speak directly to where to put them.
The Comet spotlights have been great on my other pins. They are doubled up on the top nut of the left sling on my Baywatch. The right sling had too many direct hits to the spotlights. I did have to get creative with the placement on my South Park. One spotlight is high on the left ramp attachment to the sling, and the other is low hiding under the SP vuk, pointing towards the toilet. Hope this helps.

#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not there and mine doesn't do it, i can't diagnose it from this side of the world. Not that i'm good at this stuff anyway, i'm hardly Vid.

Oh no problem, I was just curious if you had any adjustments you had made. It certainly makes me think that there is more for me to try.

Quoted from SirMachismo:

Can you give a few more details? I am curious where you had your spotlights mounted. E.g. What length hex are you using (I assume 1 inch) and where on the slings were they mounted?

I am really just being nit picky about a problem that does not occur often, but I have them on the top post of each sling using a 1 inch standoff. I suppose I could try higher, but it seems like I should better solve the air balls.

#12519 1 year ago

They only lasted a couple hundred plays on mine, broke at Newcastle Pinfest when on show. They were loose and played freely when i installed them. Bit disappointing, but i'll find substitute bats somewhere, maybe chrome with the toppers back on there?

DSCF1009[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1009[1] (resized).jpg

#12520 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Oh no problem, I was just curious if you had any adjustments you had made. It certainly makes me think that there is more for me to try.

I am really just being nit picky about a problem that does not occur often, but I have them on the top post of each sling using a 1 inch standoff. I suppose I could try higher, but it seems like I should better solve the air balls.

Yeah, I don't even have mine on a standoff and they only occasionally get hit.

IMG_1180 (resized).jpgIMG_1180 (resized).jpg
#12521 1 year ago

My middle playfield is much brighter, but that's the pinstadiums helping.

DSCF1013[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1013[1] (resized).jpg

#12522 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I don't even have mine on a standoff and they only occasionally get hit.
[quoted image]

Man, I love that T-Rex Deadpool.

#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I run a ring of hot glue around the bulb, then press it into the reflector cone and hold about 10 seconds...does no damage...can be removed later with a little force, looks clean, and keeps a solid contact connection. I think the OPMAX bulbs work best for DP and I only use one spot per sling. The pics below are from the SunLight Comets replacing the entire factory GI red bulbs andusing 2 OPMAX spots...no Pin stadiums and you can see the entire playfield very well
20220329_225436 (resized).jpg20220329_225436 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 214857 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 214857 (resized).jpg

#12524 1 year ago

DP pro FINALLY on its way. Any “must have” mods?
I have the topper and will have an external sub.
Thanks in advance.

#12525 1 year ago

For fucks sake. Scroll up.

#12526 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yeah but those like me who just got new premiums delivered with IC installed from the factory they are the old aprons without the GI/flipper holes.

Doesn’t take much to drill them out I’ve done it with two aprons, black marker pen to cover any silver in the holes and then grab some comet matrix and it’s done.

#12527 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah but those like me who just got new premiums delivered with IC installed from the factory they are the old aprons without the GI/flipper holes.
Doesn’t take much to drill them out I’ve done it with two aprons, black marker pen to cover any silver in the holes and then grab some comet matrix and it’s done.

Do you have a picture?

#12528 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you have a picture?

Yea I have the second apron currently uninstalled I’ll load a photo up to this post in a few mins

#12529 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yea I have the second apron currently uninstalled I’ll load a photo up to this post in a few mins

I’m new to adding lighting, what would I have to buy and how to hook it up to get lighting through the apron similar to new sterns?

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I’m new to adding lighting, what would I have to buy and how to hook it up to get lighting through the apron similar to new sterns?

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

Lots of options and ways to make it pretty easy. Buying a kit is a good way to start. I get to the point now that I have a variety of individual pieces to make whatever I need work. I use it for spot lights, led strips on playfield, star post lights, led strips on the back of the head, lit flipper buttons, etc.

#12531 1 year ago

Freshly drilled so I have simply ran a black marker pen around the hole to hide the silver that’s left once drilled.

Will touch it up better before installing but this is pretty much just done, super easy. Oh and there is no scratching around the hole that’s pencil I haven’t rubbed off yet as I have the other side to drill now.

E9E15EE7-C01C-4AC5-BE3F-13D023A9D549 (resized).jpegE9E15EE7-C01C-4AC5-BE3F-13D023A9D549 (resized).jpeg

#12532 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I would guarantee there's a thread dedicated to just that. So some forum search. There is hardly a topic/idea/mod that isn't covered here on pinside.

#12533 1 year ago

Just curious, have a lot of people got to the end of the game? I’ve seen Jack Danger did, wondering how impossible it would be.

#12534 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Just curious, have a lot of people got to the end of the game? I’ve seen Jack Danger did, wondering how impossible it would be.

Yep, I have beat it twice. I have been to the end another time or two where I drained out. Certainly attainable in my opinion. Its next to my Metallica where I have not even sniffed End of the Line.

#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yep, I have beat it twice. I have been to the end another time or two where I drained out. Certainly attainable in my opinion. Its next to my Metallica where I have not even sniffed End of the Line.

Good to know. I’m not anything special as a player only go to Four Winds Wizard mode one time on Potc (14 years and counting). But I’d like to have something that’s out of reach but not impossible to do (impossible like JP or SW seem to be).

#12536 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Freshly drilled so I have simply ran a black marker pen around the hole to hide the silver that’s left once drilled.
Will touch it up better before installing but this is pretty much just done, super easy. Oh and there is no scratching around the hole that’s pencil I haven’t rubbed off yet as I have the other side to drill now.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Which matrix lights did you add? Any thoughts on more than one hole per side?

#12537 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Clever! Might even be able to find a low profile rubber grommet to "finish" the look. Something like:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-3-4-in-Grommet-3-Pack-GHG-1575/205861893?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=Shopping-CM-F_D27-G-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-NA-NA-SMART-2997116-WF-New_Engen_PL3&cm_mmc=Shopping-CM-F_D27-G-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-NA-NA-SMART-2997116-WF-New_Engen_PL3-71700000082410808-58700006989412257-92700062912530339&gclid=Cj0KCQjwma6TBhDIARIsAOKuANxm8pdRA4aB0uGu01QOAFPAqyjFxtdCN0JfeDu8GCpelajv0ThSO0QaAgDXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#12538 1 year ago

I have something I got off Amazon coming called metal marker it’s supposedly great for small touch up applications.

It’s worth noting I haven’t even filed or finished off the hole yet I was just showing the guy above how easy it is and that even freshly drilled and using a marker pen the results are good enough.

#12539 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I've 'finished' my Deadpool Pro 3 different times in 5000 games played! 3 balls factory settings.

I've finished AIQ many more times, but Deadpool is more stingy with extra balls.

Here's a video of my 7.4 Billion game.

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Good to know. I’m not anything special as a player only go to Four Winds Wizard mode one time on Potc (14 years and counting). But I’d like to have something that’s out of reach but not impossible to do (impossible like JP or SW seem to be).

Deadpool is one of the easier wizard modes to get to, but is no simple task either. Plus, it’s one of the coolest wizard modes around so the accessibility is a pleasure. And If you find it too easy, you can remove outlane posts or make settings harder without losing its spice nor making the game too frustrating.

#12541 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Deadpool is one of the easier wizard modes to get to, but is no simple task either. Plus, it’s one of the coolest wizard modes around so the accessibility is a pleasure. And If you find it too easy, you can remove outlane posts or make settings harder without losing its spice nor making the game too frustrating.

Harder? I ended up putting rubbers on my outlane posts to make it easier

Although I am finally get a chance to play more pinball again and will remove them once it becomes too easy.

#12542 1 year ago

I still haven't cracked the final Wizard Mode. I have been through Megakrak a lot, Clone like twice but never the 2 together in the same game.

Speaking of which, my machine must have been listening to me nit pick my air balls yesterday cause right after that I put up a new GC! Sadly no where close to the 7bil above but hit 2.2 billion. So fun when you get it rolling and everything starts coming together.

#12543 1 year ago

Good day,

Finally got notice to pay off our preorder for our Deadpool Pro to ship soon, and just looking for some "new owner" advice. Got what I thought to be the "essential" upgrades coming already (ramp and plastic protectors, upgraded pop bumper caps, Disco Ball and Chimi truck + a few other small items) but curious what else we should be looking at Day 1. We own an AIQ and the movie music mod has been a game changer for us, is there a similar upgrade I should be downloading ahead of time for DP? Anything else a new owner should be aware of?

Very excited to finally play this machine in an atmosphere where we can hear the callouts, on location is always disappointing in that regard.

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Good day,
Finally got notice to pay off our preorder for our Deadpool Pro to ship soon, and just looking for some "new owner" advice. Got what I thought to be the "essential" upgrades coming already (ramp and plastic protectors, upgraded pop bumper caps, Disco Ball and Chimi truck + a few other small items) but curious what else we should be looking at Day 1. We own an AIQ and the movie music mod has been a game changer for us, is there a similar upgrade I should be downloading ahead of time for DP? Anything else a new owner should be aware of?
Very excited to finally play this machine in an atmosphere where we can hear the callouts, on location is always disappointing in that regard.

Lot of folks suggest @Pinmonk's colored gels for the 2x/3x/4x/5x, BOOM lanes, and the mode ladders. Also see a lot of suggestions to replace the stock red GI bulbs with Comet 2SMD Frosted Sunlight bulbs, as well as get their additional spotlighting kit for brightening up the middle of the playfield. Check the last page or two of the thread on that last one though, there's a good amount of discussion on alternatives.

EDIT: Shaker motor!

#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I still haven't cracked the final Wizard Mode. I have been through Megakrak a lot, Clone like twice but never the 2 together in the same game.
Speaking of which, my machine must have been listening to me nit pick my air balls yesterday cause right after that I put up a new GC! Sadly no where close to the 7bil above but hit 2.2 billion. So fun when you get it rolling and everything starts coming together.

Basically the same here. Megakrakaladonus more times that I can remember. Recently started just skipping quests to focus on battles and have gotten to Clone a few times though I find it harder for sure. Still no perfect storm game combining the two.

Unlike the post I'm quoting, I don't think I've put initials in for any single high score table in the game in a couple months. Really been playing like shit I guess.

#12546 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Might just swap the one in my AIQ currently, doesn't seem to do much on that one unfortunately.

#12547 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Unlike the post I'm quoting, I don't think I've put initials in for any single high score table in the game in a couple months. Really been playing like shit I guess.

Hah, it is a treat for me when I do get a high score these days. Very few and far between. I still need to go for Lil Deadpool Bounce.

#12548 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Might just swap the one in my AIQ currently, doesn't seem to do much on that one unfortunately.

Hmmm, I really like the use of the shaker in AIQ!

Deadpool is very good with the shaker, so definitely recommend for it.

#12549 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Lot of folks suggest PinMonk's colored gels for the 2x/3x/4x/5x, BOOM lanes, and the mode ladders. Also see a lot of suggestions to replace the stock red GI bulbs with Comet 2SMD Frosted Sunlight bulbs, as well as get their additional spotlighting kit for brightening up the middle of the playfield. Check the last page or two of the thread on that last one though, there's a good amount of discussion on alternatives.

Just to add to this, 100% on the LED swap. The red washes out so much of the detail on the plastics, such as Deadpool's to do list on the left side.

For the colour gels, if you want more control to customize and/or if you want to save some money you can get gel filters that you can cut and combine on your own. Google or Amazon "gel filters for lights" and you can get a pack of coloured sheets for cheap.

petrieslastword do some research within this thread re the Katana entrance and other ball guides you might want to put washers under. They have somewhat "fixed" this in newer builds with a notch cut out of the bottom of the front of the guide as well as removing art underneath it so wear would likely not be as noticeable. I would suggest protection under the Katana guide, the left ramp (closest to your flipper) and the guide behind the Wolverine spinner. All of these places can potentially dig into the clearcoat.

And unless they have improved the Hellhouse scoop protector, it is flimsy and can start to sheer which can lead to rejects.

Enjoy your machine when you get it home! The callouts and music are so good on this.

#12550 1 year ago

Okay so here’s my final tweak with the right apron decal for people receiving premiums with factory installed insider connect. Stern didn’t put the plastic in the goodie back which is a little naughty, so here it is.

Printed version obviously won’t have all the yellow proofing marks and is full res image.

8AE66C0C-42BA-4A70-811F-7F8657B81DC2 (resized).jpeg8AE66C0C-42BA-4A70-811F-7F8657B81DC2 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/251?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.