(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,269 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 326.
#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is stock flipper power not at the max 255? I am pretty sure that is what I have mine set at.

Yes its set to 255

#12452 1 year ago

Did a before and after on Deadpool.

Only changes are HOOKED pop caps and Lucxor Katana handle.

Absolute game changes in my opinion and must haves!5D8A6972-1904-48D8-B1DB-03325C01EED5 (resized).jpeg5D8A6972-1904-48D8-B1DB-03325C01EED5 (resized).jpeg74C2E458-F86B-4576-8688-C92E58BF7D8E (resized).jpeg74C2E458-F86B-4576-8688-C92E58BF7D8E (resized).jpeg

#12453 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Absolute game changes in my opinion

Sure does. Wolverine is actively blocking your spinner now

#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, I'm going to make a separate thread eventually but I'll address this here as I just went through this and will save you HOURS of wasted time and frustration. I have these DIY translucent target mods on my Deadpool Premium, Star Wars Premium, and Walking Dead LE
Disclosure: I have no affiliation to or with the products I'm endorsing
1. Order your Stern Translucent drops from here: (They are the best ones available I have tested, don't bother with ANY others, I'll save you that frustration)
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7791/s/milky-clear-stern-drop-target-545-6305-00/
2. Get these drop replacement springs from Pinball Life
https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html
They are originally for the Ghostbusters drop target fix but serve the same purpose here. The concept is they are the same width but shorter, and thus provide more tension. Like Ghostbusters, Deadpool also has drops close to the flippers and with a direct hit, especially with the stronger translucent targets, you will get Drops that stay up and rebound the ball. These springs help pull the targets down regardless of flipper power and direct hits.
3. Make sure to use acrylic paint or nail polish to cover the optic tabs to help the sensors recognize the target position.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And the drop target decals?

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Sure does. Wolverine is actively blocking your spinner now

Haha I took the photo before I remounted him on the spinner frame

#12456 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, I'm going to make a separate thread eventually but I'll address this here as I just went through this and will save you HOURS of wasted time and frustration. I have these DIY translucent target mods on my Deadpool Premium, Star Wars Premium, and Walking Dead LE
Disclosure: I have no affiliation to or with the products I'm endorsing
1. Order your Stern Translucent drops from here: (They are the best ones available I have tested, don't bother with ANY others, I'll save you that frustration)
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7791/s/milky-clear-stern-drop-target-545-6305-00/
2. Get these drop replacement springs from Pinball Life
https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html
They are originally for the Ghostbusters drop target fix but serve the same purpose here. The concept is they are the same width but shorter, and thus provide more tension. Like Ghostbusters, Deadpool also has drops close to the flippers and with a direct hit, especially with the stronger translucent targets, you will get Drops that stay up and rebound the ball. These springs help pull the targets down regardless of flipper power and direct hits.
3. Make sure to use acrylic paint or nail polish to cover the optic tabs to help the sensors recognize the target position.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately they have 1 drop target left in stock and their supplier doesn’t have them in stock any longer!

#12457 1 year ago

If you get the Mezel kit it's an exact replacement so you won't need to adjust springs, etc. But it looks like they're out and my other supplier's with exact replacements are out too. I'd just wait until they restock them.

The stickers will have to be reused and that's easily done. You can use the whole sticker or get a view of my trimmed stickers at the Mezel site.

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Unfortunately they have 1 drop target left in stock and their supplier doesn’t have them in stock any longer!

Rats

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

And the drop target decals?

I used an exacto razor and carefully slid under the old ones, then applied alcohol swab to new targets and a little bit of glue stick glue, press on and let dry.. was good after about 30 minutes

#12460 1 year ago

I want to add a problem with some clear drops is read through opacity where the drops are too clear. You get constant resets not due to springs. In this case you can mask off the upper 2/3 of the target and spray the bottom black.

#12461 1 year ago

Would there be much interest in a right apron decal for all those that have recently received premiums with the insider connect mounted on their aprons?

#12462 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I want to add a problem with some clear drops is read through opacity where the drops are too clear. You get constant resets not due to springs. In this case you can mask off the upper 2/3 of the target and spray the bottom black.

Correct, resets are from opacity bleed through. I use acrylic black paint,. 2 coats on each side of the tab. Works perfect

The resistance to drop and bricking rebounds on hard shots are due to either a misaligned target shelf or weak springs. Sometimes, the ball hits with such force, the target rebounds to the shelf before the spring can pull it... It's a delicate balance.

I would really love to see an engineering redesign of drop targets across the board...I love them, but less games are coming out utilizing them at all

#12463 1 year ago

Shipping Alerts?

I have a PRO preorder and was expecting DP to be on the line next month.
However, I just noticed a post from another Pinsider in another thread that he was asked to pay his preorder balance and to expect his PRO to ship next week.
Has anyone else with a DP preorder been alerted? Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?

#12464 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shipping Alerts?
I have a PRO preorder and was expecting DP to be on the line next month.
However, I just noticed a post from another Pinsider in another thread that he was asked to pay his preorder balance and to expect his PRO to ship next week.
Has anyone else with a DP preorder been alerted? Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?

I got the same email. Just paid it off and should be getting it soon.

#12465 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im
Having trouble hitting snnkt shot on my deadpool premium. I owned in past and had it dialed in. Anyone increase left flipper power to make it easier? Always gets halfway up ramp and comes back. At same time i dont want to mess with katana ramp which is easy for me

I started having the same issue with mine not so long ago. I found it was grazing the entrance post rubber causing it to ricochet and not make it up the ramp. Removed the rubber and has been great since.

#12466 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I got the same email. Just paid it off and should be getting it soon.

I was also told production was bumped up. Went from not sure if there will be enough allocation for you to, here is your invoice it is shipping in a couple of weeks.

Now to read through 250 pages of owners thread.

#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did a before and after on Deadpool.
Only changes are HOOKED pop caps and Lucxor Katana handle.
Absolute game changes in my opinion and must haves!

I’ve got an extra set of those pop caps if anyone needs a set. They’re $95 + tax + shipping. I’ll sell them for $95 shipped if someone wants them. Never been installed.

#12468 1 year ago

Also just got the text today that our DP Premium should be shipping in a couple weeks. Lucxor katana handle is on its way from Europe as well!

#12469 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would there be much interest in a right apron decal for all those that have recently received premiums with the insider connect mounted on their aprons?

I would be interested in seeing the right apron plastic inverted so that it could be moved to the left side of the apron, replacing the less pleasing-to-look-at Cable plastic with a Deadpool one. I’m fine with the Insider Connected scanner in the apron, just wish they would have sacrificed Cable instead of Deadpool.

79E81BDE-A2E7-40F3-8352-1C900E08F1F0 (resized).jpeg79E81BDE-A2E7-40F3-8352-1C900E08F1F0 (resized).jpeg
#12470 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got an extra set of those pop caps if anyone needs a set. They’re $95 + tax + shipping. I’ll sell them for $95 shipped if someone wants them. Never been installed.

Definitely interested. PM sent.

#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from Hightechaddict:

Definitely interested. PM sent.

Well worth the price just make sure you are buying the correct set there is a difference between the pro and prem/le

#12472 1 year ago

The lighted flippers are now on the Pinside shop for Deadpool

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1113-arcademade/06781-lit-kit-flippers-for-deadpool-pinball-mod

Stern---Deadpool-close (resized).jpgStern---Deadpool-close (resized).jpg
#12473 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well worth the price just make sure you are buying the correct set there is a difference between the pro and prem/le

Good call, I'm getting a Pro and it turns out his caps are the Prem/LE version. Someone else jump on this deal while you can!

#12474 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the premium/le version just has more hardware with it, and will still work on the pro version. Can anyone confirm?

#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think the premium/le version just has more hardware with it, and will still work on the pro version. Can anyone confirm?

Drop HOOKED a message on here or over at his site via email, if anyone knows Rob will be made them.

#12476 1 year ago

These have been sold out for a very long time. I had my email on file and they sent out that these were available. I know others who own DP may be looking. Stern side rails!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7077-00

#12477 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

These have been sold out for a very long time. I had my email on file and they sent out that these were available. I know others who own DP may be looking. Stern side rails!

Thank you dude I just ordered a set for my Premium.

#12478 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Thank you! How are these? I have the Mandalorian ones which I really like - thinking about getting the Deadpool ones.

#12479 1 year ago

Anyone need a set of Stern art blades for Deadpool? I've got a new set I don't need. Never installed of course. $80 shipped anywhere in the US. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

Added 23 months ago:

Sold

#12480 1 year ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone have these installed on a premium but has the rest of the metal powder coated?

These are Sick but I am planning on getting the metal PC’d

#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Anyone have these installed on a premium but has the rest of the metal powder coated?
These are Sick but I am planning on getting the metal PC’d

I’ve seen a few games with stern rails and then powder coating everywhere else and it doesn’t work in my opinion unless the colours match.

I just ordered the katana rails for my premium but will likely leave the rest of the armour black for now so it all matches, guess that’s the trade off.

#12482 1 year ago

A lot of talk about new owners with insider connect wanting a right apron plastic.

Anyone genuinely interested as I am producing one for myself, exact to the original.

#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I would be interested in seeing the right apron plastic inverted so that it could be moved to the left side of the apron, replacing the less pleasing-to-look-at Cable plastic with a Deadpool one. I’m fine with the Insider Connected scanner in the apron, just wish they would have sacrificed Cable instead of Deadpool. [quoted image]

I might create one using Dazzler if that’s of any interest but first I’m going to create an exact copy of the factory plastic.

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Also just got the text today that our DP Premium should be shipping in a couple weeks. Lucxor katana handle is on its way from Europe as well!

Hope some pros are coming out also - I'm not optimistic though as the wait list is so long.

#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might create one using Dazzler if that’s of any interest but first I’m going to create an exact copy of the factory plastic.

I would be interested in one, or both, of these.

I plan to move the insider connected hardware down to the coin door when mine comes in.

#12486 1 year ago

I plan to move the insider connected hardware down to the coin door when mine comes in.

As our coin doors don’t have the panel I plan on wall mounting mine and running it to a switch box, don’t mind the IC reader but when it’s a choice between art and the scanner, artwork wins everytime especially ZY art.

#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd be interested in one of the factory plastics. I'd move the IC H/W to the coin door, which is what I did on my Iron Maiden.

#12488 1 year ago

Agreed, when my premium comes.

#12489 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you end up doing a bunch of "right" apron plastic with the Deadpool character art and are able to do a few mirrored "left" apron plastics with the same art, I'd be happy to pay you for the trouble/shipping/etc.

I'd guess I'm not the only one who prefers Deadpool over Cable on the Prem/LE IC apron, so it might be worth running a handful?

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

If you end up doing a bunch of "right" apron plastic with the Deadpool character art and are able to do a few mirrored "left" apron plastics with the same art, I'd be happy to pay you for the trouble/shipping/etc.
I'd guess I'm not the only one who prefers Deadpool over Cable on the Prem/LE IC apron, so it might be worth running a handful?

If there is enough interest I may do Dazzler on the left side as an optional replacement for Cable but first I just want to make the right plastic for all new owners forced to look at that scanner. I also have to produce them in a minimum of 25 pieces so for an optional left plastic I really need most spoken for.

I think it was cheeky stern didn’t at least include the plastic in the goodie bag.

#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there is enough interest I may do Dazzler on the left side as an optional replacement for Cable but first I just want to make the right plastic for all new owners forced to look at that scanner. I also have to produce them in a minimum of 25 pieces so for an optional left plastic I really need most spoken for.
I think it was cheeky stern didn’t at least include the plastic in the goodie bag.

I have a DP pro coming and I am very interested in moving my IC to the coin door! Add me to the list.

#12492 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I have a DP pro coming and I am very interested in moving my IC to the coin door! Add me to the list.

Pro will have stickers/decals.

Premium/LE have a plastic mounted to the apron made by reverse printing a decal slide in layers I believe on the underside of the plastic.

3 aprons below, pro, prem, le

9C679F5D-FF50-457A-AF3E-E9D85ABDB8AE (resized).jpeg9C679F5D-FF50-457A-AF3E-E9D85ABDB8AE (resized).jpeg
#12493 1 year ago

Conspiracy Theory: Stern Pinball originally planned to put additional modes and/or assets into the Deadpool Pinball machine. If you look at the LE Backglass, there are characters there for an additional monster fight (a mammoth), as well as a additional characters for or mini wizard modes for Deadpool to fight (see Death’s girlfriend and the weird alien thing under Mr. Sinister). I think that at a minimum there the phase 2 battles (the one with a villain and Sauron) were originally supposed to be different characters. This had to have been cut sometime during the time Zombie Yeti was working on the art package as these characters are only present on the Limited Edition and Premium backglass, not the Pro.

DP3344 (resized).pngDP3344 (resized).png
#12494 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Conspiracy Theory: Stern Pinball originally planned to put additional modes and/or assets into the Deadpool Pinball machine.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's fact, as I swear I heard in an interview with George Gomez that they planned on at least a couple more battles, but things were getting so complicated code-wise, they had to trim it back to a more reasonable level.

#12495 1 year ago

The Whitewood had the extra characters on the pf art.

6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 (resized).jpg6db55524b55f07c09195eba6c18926d61fcdcee1 (resized).jpg
#12496 1 year ago

When you start Megakrakolodonus-Rex, the animation shows you throwing 3 artifacts from quests. I suspect the beak was supposed to be Kraken seen in the whitewood above. It also explains why it has tentacles and has the word "krak" in it's name.

#12497 1 year ago

Hey I have a Premium coming soon. Was wondering what mods you believe are essential besides the hellhouse on the scoop and ninja stars on pop bumpers. Thanks!

#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey I have a Premium coming soon. Was wondering what mods you believe are essential besides the hellhouse on the scoop and ninja stars on pop bumpers. Thanks!

Pinsound, invisi glass, Comet sling spotlights and trough lights (get the gi kit while you are there). Shaker if it hasn't got one.

Save your money on toys and use it for things that make a difference to game play.

#12499 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Shaker

#12500 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinsound, invisi glass, Comet sling spotlights and trough lights (get the gi kit while you are there). Shaker if it hasn't got one.
Save your money on toys and use it for things that make a difference to game play.

Perfect, agree with all those. I will have to look into the sling spotlights. Never heard of those

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 16,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/250?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.