(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 326.
#12401 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Such a great game. Got tons of time on an LE with the .86 code. The updated code is awesome on this. Really enjoying unpacking this game on my pro at home.
[quoted image]

Hey buddy, Highly recommend swapping the GI out for all white. I went sunlight and really like it. Better visibility and the art looks better too.

#12402 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hey buddy, Highly recommend swapping the GI out for all white. I went sunlight and really like it. Better visibility and the art looks better too.

good one, I enjoy mine with the red out

#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Such a great game. Got tons of time on an LE with the .86 code. The updated code is awesome on this. Really enjoying unpacking this game on my pro at home.
[quoted image]

Nice scores! I picked one up over the weekend as well but havent had much time to dive in.

67182660389__913CB4FE-8D03-489F-878D-98FF266071B7 (resized).jpeg67182660389__913CB4FE-8D03-489F-878D-98FF266071B7 (resized).jpeg67182830419__C51375FA-19A1-42C3-8933-5004F159FCC2 (resized).jpeg67182830419__C51375FA-19A1-42C3-8933-5004F159FCC2 (resized).jpeg
#12404 2 years ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

$250 for some cardboard swords? Makes me not want to but them. Is there a site where we can buy just blank metal side armor?

Not ninja style but $50 each at an estate sale

sw (resized).jpgsw (resized).jpgsw1 (resized).jpgsw1 (resized).jpg
#12405 2 years ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

$250 for some cardboard swords? Makes me not want to but them. Is there a site where we can buy just blank metal side armor?

I bought the standard Stern black side armor from Pinball Life. It looks great on DP and does the job. Too bad they didn’t make the katana armor like the Mando rifle.

#12406 2 years ago

PRO Owners: What Powder-Coat Color Looks Great on Your Game?

Hi.

I'm just curious to know if a particular color worked out well for the custom trim on your PRO.

I found a good photo in this thread of one example done by Steve in MI that seems to be a metallic purple - not very different from the purple set seen so often on MET.

I realize plenty of customizers will suggest red for the trim on DP PRO, but I don't need *that* much red on my game. I think there are other colors in the cabinet art that could complement trim colors other than red. The purple is a good example.

If you can post a photo of your game here, I would love to see it.

Thanks.

#12407 2 years ago

dp11 (resized).jpgdp11 (resized).jpg

dp17 (resized).jpgdp17 (resized).jpg

dp16 (resized).jpgdp16 (resized).jpg

7379ece7f59dd985e93bc13970e2e34d752eb8b3 (resized).png7379ece7f59dd985e93bc13970e2e34d752eb8b3 (resized).png

#12408 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

PRO Owners: What Powder-Coat Color Looks Great on Your Game?
Hi.
I'm just curious to know if a particular color worked out well for the custom trim on your PRO.
I found a good photo in this thread of one example done by Steve in MI that seems to be a metallic purple - not very different from the purple set seen so often on MET.
I realize plenty of customizers will suggest red for the trim on DP PRO, but I don't need *that* much red on my game. I think there are other colors in the cabinet art that could complement trim colors other than red. The purple is a good example.
If you can post a photo of your game here, I would love to see it.
Thanks.

I have this vision of a red with purple "flek" added powdercoat, I think it would be great.
Anyone have a close up of that done?

this "cosmo Purple" looks bitchin.

https://www.allpowderpaints.com/powder-coating-colors/cosmo-purple/

#12409 2 years ago

Thanks, Punkin.
Very helpful!
You even included the color swatch and code!
I feel like I've seen this color on GB PRO.
Your game looks dope. Great job!
(Who does your interior decorating, BTW?)

#12410 2 years ago

Mirrors vs. Artblades:

Who has mirrors in his DP and loves them?
Who has artblades and would never have anything *but* artblades?

I can find five different artblade designs for this game:

* Stern OEM
* Tilt Graphics
* Pingraffix
* Wiz Mods
* Retro Refurbs

#12411 2 years ago

Mirrors vs. Artblades:
* Stern OEM
* Tilt Graphics
* Pingraffix
* Wiz Mods
* Retro Refurbs

I got the Wiz Mods side blades. I like them a lot.

#12412 2 years ago

Ditto...Wizmods. They look great!

#12413 2 years ago

Mirrors here. Deadpool needs all the light it can get.

Ash Johnston does the murals here.

https://openstudioweb.blogspot.com/

#12414 2 years ago

Does Deadpool suffer from flipper fade at all (I haven't gotten to play mine for long durations yet)? Is there any benefit to flipper coil fans on DP?

#12415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does Deadpool suffer from flipper fade at all (I haven't gotten to play mine for long durations yet)? Is there any benefit to flipper coil fans on DP?

Check out the table in PinMonk 's Marketplace listing for the Spike 2 Flipper fans; it shows some data he collected on the different machines. Someone else with experience before/after installing the fans might be able to comment on the perceived difference in play, though-- this just shows you that certain flipper coils on certain games do/don't heat up after extended play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-spike2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12416 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Deadpool does have fade over time, more on the left than the right flipper, and it is definitely noticeable once it fades. How fast it gets to fade and how hard it fades is down to play style. Stern Spike machines are awesome for holding without really heating up, but if you preemptively flip as the ball is bouncing around close to the flippers, it will heat up faster. If you flip only when needed it will take longer. But if you play for 60 minutes or more at a go without breaks, you will hit some degree of fade. The Tibetan Breeze kit eliminates the issue no matter how long you play or your play style.

#12417 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Check out the table in PinMonk 's Marketplace listing for the Spike 2 Flipper fans; it shows some data he collected on the different machines. Someone else with experience before/after installing the fans might be able to comment on the perceived difference in play, though-- this just shows you that certain flipper coils on certain games do/don't heat up after extended play.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-spike2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
[quoted image]

I have fans on my AIQ premium and they are definitely needed. However, I don't have them on my Deadpool because they aren't needed. Not sure why the difference but no problem getting ball up katana shot after an hour of playing on DP but AIQ Black Widow ramp was having a hard time after an hour.

Just my experience.

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have fans on my AIQ premium and they are definitely needed. However, I don't have them on my Deadpool because they aren't needed. Not sure why the difference but no problem getting ball up katana shot after an hour of playing on DP but AIQ Black Widow ramp was having a hard time after an hour.
Just my experience.

It's more subtle on Deadpool because there aren't extreme ramp angles like Captain Marvel or the Black Widow ramp of AIQ. In my experience the DP fade manifests in more bricked shots later in long game sessions as the timing changes very slightly from the fade. It also became harder to backhand the left ramp. But how much or how fast you see any of it is dependent on play style and also PF pitch setup. It's certainly more subtle than a game like Stranger Things with very in your face fade that comes on hard.

#12419 2 years ago

I’ve had great success with the Pin Monk fans on my Deadpool premium…Prior to install I was getting some heat issues on the left flipper mostly…where I would get consistently missed Snikt shots, or the katana became increasingly Tougher to nail…. after installing the fans 100% success …no fading at all …consistent shots… I’ve got them on GNR Deadpool premium and soon to be my Godzilla premium most likely gonna put them on Jurassic Park…I like to play long sessions by myself and the repeated games definitely have fade over time without the fans

#12420 2 years ago

Mirrors vs. Artblades:
* Stern OEM
* Tilt Graphics
* Pingraffix
* Wiz Mods
* Retro Refurbs

I have art blades on my premium, but I'm seriously considering switching to mirror blades as I have them on another pin and I absolutely love them.

I can take off the art blades and install mirror without issues, right? Never done that before and would like to know anyone's experience if they've done so.

#12421 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I have art blades on my premium, but I'm seriously considering switching to mirror blades as I have them on another pin and I absolutely love them.
I can take off the art blades and install mirror without issues, right? Never done that before and would like to know anyone's experience if they've done so.

The Stern ones can definitely be removed, I don't know about 3rd party ones. I've gone the opposite way and removed mirror blades and put on art blades. It's all personal preference. I like mirrors on older pins. I like OEM art blades on the newer pins. I also like that you don't run into clearance issues with art blades.

#12422 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yes, I've replaced art blades that got tore up from raising/lowering playfield. Only real issue is some paint may stick to the adhesive and pull off, so up to you if you want to touch up prior to installing the mirror blades if that happens.

#12423 2 years ago

Where do you guys buy your mirror blades?

#12424 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I get mine through pinballdecals.com, they’re the guys that sell the PDI glass.

#12425 2 years ago

I've got mirror blades on my Premium and love em.

#12426 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I've had good luck with the Cointaker/Laseriffic ones.

#12427 2 years ago

*2 Second hack for stopping ball from overshooting Katana ramp from up/down return diverter on Premium/LE

You’ve probably been there doing the disco loops and getting into a nice groove and rhythm and the ball keeps going faster and faster and before you know it you’ve got so much momentum you’re sliding off the katana ramp and there goes your streak…

So you’ve searched for fixes and mods, put in posts and deflector mods…

Here’s a super quick fix that is 99.999% guaranteed to work …simply flip the rubber stop button and reverse plug the hole so that the smaller button that holds the flatter portion is now facing the ball approach on the diverter Ramp…So you should be seeing the flat portion facing the player and the smaller nub of the button Facing inside the ramp

What it essentially does is provide a nice little rebound without the flat bounce (ala Snikt effect) deflection off and over the katana ramp without slowing the ball down.

My game is set at about 6.9 to 7° and this has worked like a champ. Hope it works and helps you out as well

#12428 2 years ago

Mine is from the latest batch and has a metal wall stopping it from going off the side of the katana ramp. Is this a new add they did or has it always been there?

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine is from the latest batch and has a metal wall stopping it from going off the side of the katana ramp. Is this a new add they did or has it always been there?

Mine has the wall as well but it's a little too low from where the ball will exit with enough speed

#12430 2 years ago

FYI... Spotted these at Walmart. So fugly I might have to get one.

20220422_170121.jpg20220422_170121.jpg
#12431 2 years ago

Needs to have snot and drool hanging out if it’s mouth, ha

#12432 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Joined the club today from the Jan 22 batch. Loving this game.
[quoted image]

Just got mine from the same batch! Ordered it last year at the end of Jan so 15 month wait but so worth it!

LOVE that left orbit to right flipper shot, complete game changer from the pro.

#12433 2 years ago

Has anyone thought about chroming the katana blade/ramp?

And has anyone done anything to improve the disco ball light show? It’s a little lacklustre especially after owning Star Trek with the klingon laser.

#12434 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone thought about chroming the katana blade/ramp?
And has anyone done anything to improve the disco ball light show? It’s a little lacklustre especially after owning Star Trek with the klingon laser.

I would say if you want crazy lights check out https://pinstadium.com/ I want to get some. I need to save up a bit. I'm just finishing up my game room remodel

#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would say if you want crazy lights check out https://pinstadium.com/ I want to get some. I need to save up a bit. I just finishing up my game room remodel

Oh no pinstadium is over kill, I just want to upgrade the disco ball light show on the Prem/LE, there’s nothing on the market place I could see so I have ordered some stuff to hopefully make something a lot better than stock.

#12436 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Oh no pinstadium is over kill, I just want to upgrade the disco ball light show on the Prem/LE, there’s nothing on the market place I could see so I have ordered some stuff to hopefully make something a lot better than stock.

Im sure there is a way you could splice some leds into the wiring of the disco ball so they will come one when activated. These little spot lights would work will if thats what you are thinking. Im sure looking at the wiring diagram would help with how to wire them.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/pair-of-single-spotlights-warm-white?variant=39552918880358

That would shine some extra light on the disco ball.

Hopefully what you ordered you can make it work. If you do post some pictures, I would love to see what you came up with

#12437 2 years ago

I will post pictures if it works haha.

Brought some smaller pinpoint LEDs, should be here next week.

#12438 2 years ago

I’ve got an extra one of these if anyone wants it. $50 shipped anywhere in the US.

Edit: This is SOLD now.

3D510469-FEFF-499A-AF79-36B9E15B366B (resized).jpeg3D510469-FEFF-499A-AF79-36B9E15B366B (resized).jpeg

#12439 2 years ago

Everyone should upgrade to the Lucxor katana handle it’s next level!

#12440 2 years ago

Does anyone have the part number for the right window plastic for the prem/le apron? Removed the IC unit and want the plastic in its place.

#12441 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone have the part number for the right window plastic for the prem/le apron? Removed the IC unit and want the plastic in its place.

I couldnt find the plastic by itself. Ended up buying the full plastic kit to get that one part.

#12442 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I couldnt find the plastic by itself. Ended up buying the full plastic kit to get that one part.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it works. It's too bad Stern couldn't just throw that extra apron piece in the goody bag.

#12443 2 years ago

I have a Deadpool pro coming. I was looking at getting a pinshield from the market place here. I am stuck between getting a Red or a Purple one. Would just like to hear some opinions on what would look best.

#12444 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it works. It's too bad Stern couldn't just throw that extra apron piece in the goody bag.

I reached out to Terry at Pinball Life and he couldn't get the single plastic - only the full kit from Stern. He did say that he could repro them and sell them individually if somebody was willing to send him a plastic out of their game. I didn't have one to offer since mine came with Insider Connected, so I didn't follow up on it. Any generous individuals willing to part with your plastic for a short while so these can get made?

#12445 2 years ago

My game is almost complete. Just waiting for the translucent drop targets to be back in stock and I’ll install the backlit piece. Also need to fix the colossus figure. He is just temporary zip tied to the old plastic.

2E2151BF-4D51-4827-887D-5BEDA9691BAD (resized).jpeg2E2151BF-4D51-4827-887D-5BEDA9691BAD (resized).jpeg
#12446 2 years ago

Get a washer under that katana entrance guide next to lil Deadpool mate

#12447 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I reached out to Terry at Pinball Life and he couldn't get the single plastic - only the full kit from Stern. He did say that he could repro them and sell them individually if somebody was willing to send him a plastic out of their game. I didn't have one to offer since mine came with Insider Connected, so I didn't follow up on it. Any generous individuals willing to part with your plastic for a short while so these can get made?

I have also reached out to someone that is already reproducing Deadpool plastics unfortunately not the apron plastics but I have asked if this could be done.

#12448 2 years ago

Im
Having trouble hitting snnkt shot on my deadpool premium. I owned in past and had it dialed in. Anyone increase left flipper power to make it easier? Always gets halfway up ramp and comes back. At same time i dont want to mess with katana ramp which is easy for me

#12449 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im
Having trouble hitting snnkt shot on my deadpool premium. I owned in past and had it dialed in. Anyone increase left flipper power to make it easier? Always gets halfway up ramp and comes back. At same time i dont want to mess with katana ramp which is easy for me

Is stock flipper power not at the max 255? I am pretty sure that is what I have mine set at.

#12450 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

My game is almost complete. Just waiting for the translucent drop targets to be back in stock and I’ll install the backlit piece. Also need to fix the colossus figure. He is just temporary zip tied to the old plastic.
[quoted image]

Okay, I'm going to make a separate thread eventually but I'll address this here as I just went through this and will save you HOURS of wasted time and frustration. I have these DIY translucent target mods on my Deadpool Premium, Star Wars Premium, and Walking Dead LE

Disclosure: I have no affiliation to or with the products I'm endorsing

1. Order your Stern Translucent drops from here: (They are the best ones available I have tested, don't bother with ANY others, I'll save you that frustration)

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7791/s/milky-clear-stern-drop-target-545-6305-00/

2. Get these drop replacement springs from Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html

They are originally for the Ghostbusters drop target fix but serve the same purpose here. The concept is they are the same width but shorter, and thus provide more tension. Like Ghostbusters, Deadpool also has drops close to the flippers and with a direct hit, especially with the stronger translucent targets, you will get Drops that stay up and rebound the ball. These springs help pull the targets down regardless of flipper power and direct hits.

3. Make sure to use acrylic paint or nail polish to cover the optic tabs to help the sensors recognize the target position, otherwise you'll get resets... This is different than the bricking issue the spring changes solve.
20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20220314_214610 (resized).jpg20220314_214610 (resized).jpg20220314_214637 (resized).jpg20220314_214637 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-220608_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-220608_Photos (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/249?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.