(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 326.
#12201 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Wait, what is the Ninjapocalypse shot?

Right Orbit -> Katana combo

#12202 2 years ago

I hit Colossus all day long if I'm aiming for the Hell House.

#12203 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

curious, what kind of maintenance did you need to do over the course of these?

As far as maintenance, I keep the playfield cleaned and waxed and replace balls around every 500 or so plays or when they start to get scuffed up. (Probably don't need to replace that often, but Ninja's are pretty cheap.)
I had to replace coil stops/sleeves at 200-300 games as original stops were shot at that point. Hell house scoop protector with a Cliffy as original split. Replace rubbers as needed. Replaced Snikt target bracket with Anti-Sway version, but that may be considered a mod and not maintenance. Also have DIY flipper coil fans - also a mod I guess, along with other mods.
I probably will replace the flipper plungers and links soon as they have a slight amount of "slop".
Not too much for 5000 plays in almost 2 1/2 years of ownership.

#12204 2 years ago

Same here and i'm well over 5000. Balls and cleaning, rubbers etc.

Coil stops when new. no other real maintenance, it's been bullet proof including taking it to the biggest freeplay show in Australia.

#12205 2 years ago

Forgot I was on the list with my local distributor for a Deadpool premium. Just got a call that a few other people weren't ready to buy, so I got bumped up the list, game is getting delivered this Wednesday! Only have a handful of games on a DP pro at a local pizza place (I do have the #1 high score on it), so stoked to get a handle on this game.

Besides just looking at the matrix and seeing what's different between the pro and premium, how does the premium play differently than the pro? Anyone care to save me the time of digging through this thread to get the consensus, is this a game that benefits much from the premium? As a JP pro owner I know that it's not always necessary to go premium if the shots are all there on the pro.

#12206 2 years ago

A simple thread search would save us the trouble of reposting all the comments that have been posted here hundreds of times too.

I'm all for saving you time, but a search is 20 secs and retyping the comments that are on nearly every page is a lot longer for a lot more people hey?

#12207 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

A simple thread search would save us the trouble of reposting all the comments that have been posted here hundreds of times too.
I'm all for saving you time, but a search is 20 secs and retyping the comments that are on nearly every page is a lot longer for a lot more people hey?

Well, guess I’ll just have to be patient and find out on my own. Thanks for welcoming me to the Deadpool club.

1CA067B4-D229-4C8E-9BC9-F03C497A3AAC (resized).jpeg1CA067B4-D229-4C8E-9BC9-F03C497A3AAC (resized).jpeg
#12208 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Well, guess I’ll just have to be patient and find out on my own. Thanks for welcoming me to the Deadpool club.[quoted image]

While your specific search term may not have returned many results it does get discussed quite frequently. The good thing is you can't go wrong at all with any version of this game. Premium adds drops to the sides and the return loop ramp. You are gonna have a blast with your game. Welcome!

#12210 2 years ago

Ah see, you’re much better at the search function than me! That was very helpful, thank you so much.

#12211 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

If you hit that shot super fast and clean on the right hand side of the horseshoe, it should exit and hit the Colossus jackpot target. Way easier said than done but you'll get practice in Sauron MB as that is the "final" shot before that mode starts over again.
It should be noted that the Colossus Jackpot may not be lit, so even if you did hit the shot clean and hit the target there wouldn't be any feedback to let you know that you did.

Oh I thought the Colossus quotes indicated that.

#12212 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Oh I thought the Colossus quotes indicated that.

I think you get quotes when you hit the switch in the horseshoe, but I was referring to hitting the tiny jackpot target when it is not lit.

However I played last night and hit that while not lit and there is some sort of audio cue, perhaps video as well but I was trying to keep my ball alive

#12213 2 years ago

Simple add on..

Plastic magnetic off Amazon

20220301_214142 (resized).jpg20220301_214142 (resized).jpg

20220301_214742 (resized).jpg20220301_214742 (resized).jpg

20220302_022226 (resized).jpg20220302_022226 (resized).jpg
#12214 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

As far as maintenance, I keep the playfield cleaned and waxed and replace balls around every 500 or so plays or when they start to get scuffed up. (Probably don't need to replace that often, but Ninja's are pretty cheap.)
I had to replace coil stops/sleeves at 200-300 games as original stops were shot at that point. Hell house scoop protector with a Cliffy as original split. Replace rubbers as needed. Replaced Snikt target bracket with Anti-Sway version, but that may be considered a mod and not maintenance. Also have DIY flipper coil fans - also a mod I guess, along with other mods.
I probably will replace the flipper plungers and links soon as they have a slight amount of "slop".
Not too much for 5000 plays in almost 2 1/2 years of ownership.

I am at ~4000 plays and pretty much the same. Replaced the coil stops cause the factory ones are crap, and other than routine cleaning and ball replacement I've replaced more coil sleeves than anything else to keep the flippers snappy.

#12215 2 years ago

Maybe gaudy overkill but that's the theme of the pin
20220301_221051 (resized).jpg20220301_221051 (resized).jpg

#12216 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I am at ~4000 plays and pretty much the same. Replaced the coil stops cause the factory ones are crap, and other than routine cleaning and ball replacement I've replaced more coil sleeves than anything else to keep the flippers snappy.

I still have yet to do that on any of my machines. And never have done that before. When I go to Marco and type in deadpool premium this comes up. Is this the one I should buy a few of and have on hand just in case?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6308-01

I've seen a few you tube videos on how to do it so I can probably swing it when something happens.

#12217 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Maybe gaudy overkill but that's the theme of the pin
[quoted image]

That looks sick. I still think DP Premium has to COOLEST looking art on it than any other pin out there. I even moved my Maiden Pre to the middle so I can see DP better.

#12218 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I still have yet to do that on any of my machines. And never have done that before. When I go to Marco and type in deadpool premium this comes up. Is this the one I should buy a few of and have on hand just in case?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6308-01
I've seen a few you tube videos on how to do it so I can probably swing it when something happens.

Those will work. And it’s a simple repair—if you can handle a wrench or screwdriver you can do this

#12219 2 years ago

Check this out! Looks like they have shirts, hoodies, hats and a patch for sale. https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/shop

Screen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.38.40_PM (resized).pngScreen_Shot_2022-03-01_at_1.38.40_PM (resized).png
#12220 2 years ago

Wizmod speaker panels came yesterday! Look great! The one thing that scared the hell out of me was the screws holding the Deadpool plate on the top left of the speaker panel weren't Philips head screws, I thought they were at first and where stripped! But turns out after being nervous for about 5 minutes they where torx head screws. WTF! Thankfully I have a set of those , but what the hell.

0 (resized).png0 (resized).png

#12221 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Wizmod speaker panels came yesterday! Look great! The one thing that scared the hell out of me was the screws holding the Deadpool plate on the top left of the speaker panel weren't Philips head screws, I thought they were at first and where stripped! But turns out after being nervous for about 5 minutes they where torx head screws. WTF! Thankfully I have a set of those , but what the hell.
[quoted image]

I really like how this looks on the premium thanks for sharing the pic, once mine comes in I will order this as well. Looks better than the one on the pro IMO.

#12222 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I really like how this looks on the premium thanks for sharing the pic, once mine comes in I will order this as well. Looks better than the one on the pro IMO.

I love them on my games. First thing I order, then shaker motor

#12223 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

I think they look great but I have speaker lights and feel like those would then be blocked. Anyone have experience here?

#12224 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I think they look great but I have speaker lights and feel like those would then be blocked. Anyone have experience here?

They make an open version that would fit round speaker lights.

#12225 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Simple add on..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look great - will think about it!

#12226 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Simple add on..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Such a great idea. Funny that no one ever thought of that befor. Love it.
Hope you don't mind if I take it and try to make it a bit better or just diffrent.

IMG_20220303_211446_edit_1332794506370064.jpgIMG_20220303_211446_edit_1332794506370064.jpg
#12227 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Such a great idea. Funny that no one ever thought of that befor. Love it.
Hope you don't mind if I take it and try to make it a bit better or just diffrent.
[quoted image]

Would love to see what you can do. I like the angled look you have from front viewing

I looked on Amazon for a similar style you have in the drawing, but they only had the ones I bought.

The good thing is they can be moved wherever you want as the magnets are strong and the chromed plastic is light but looks real

#12228 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

Looks great..

I also really love the black premium armor. Now that I have it in person, it just looks right to me. Initially though I would be powder coating this one in red but love how the black sets off the cabinet artwork.

#12229 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:Would love to see what you can do. I like the angled look you have from front viewing
I looked on Amazon for a similar style you have in the drawing, but they only had the ones I bought.
The good thing is they can be moved wherever you want as the magnets are strong and the chromed plastic is light but looks real

Already ordered some magnets. Then I was thinking of just use the Speaker grid as holder. As I am not sure how good I can thigthen te magnets to the stars and if they maybe fall out. But it's a God point that you can move them wherever you want. I will try to see what work best.
I like the possibility with diffrent star styles.

#12230 2 years ago

Just got my Deadpool after a painfully long wait. I have a random post with a round rubber on it that was loose in the cabinet. No loose hardware (screws, nuts, bolts, etc) that I can find. Can someone confirm if there is supposed to be a post here? Thanks!

Screenshot_20220305-131008_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220305-131008_Gallery (resized).jpg
#12231 2 years ago

FD1E5EED-6B43-4A9F-B7DA-8BC3DDC14E29 (resized).jpegFD1E5EED-6B43-4A9F-B7DA-8BC3DDC14E29 (resized).jpeg

#12232 2 years ago

Thanks, now I need to figure out what hardware to get in order to install the post (i.e., which screw, which nut, which sizes...). Nothing like NIB troubleshooting.

#12233 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Thanks, now I need to figure out what hardware to get in order to install the post (i.e., which screw, which nut, which sizes...). Nothing like NIB troubleshooting.

I’d send the distro an email with the photos and ask for the post, tnut and screw.

#12234 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’d send the distro an email with the photos and ask for the post, tnut and screw.

That is likely a 6-32 machine screw. Go to the hardware store with the post, add the thickness of the pf, plus nut plus washer.
Some of these post also have attach to a nut type bracker that is attached to the pf underbeath, like the slingshot posts. Dod you check?

Another solution, use the post on the opposite side of yhe drop target and ge tyhr same hardware.

You will wait for a week or more for a nut and screw that can easily be acquired in minutes if you have a store near by…

#12235 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would love to see what you can do. I like the angled look you have from front viewing

After 3 Prototypes I got them holding in the grid. No magnets needed. I did not though that I can move them free. But within the grid it is possible to place them wherever you want. Next step get them even better and chrome colored.

IMG_20220306_170815_228.jpgIMG_20220306_170815_228.jpgIMG_20220306_170815_233.jpgIMG_20220306_170815_233.jpgIMG_20220306_170815_261.jpgIMG_20220306_170815_261.jpg

#12236 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

After 3 Prototypes I got them holding in the grid. No magnets needed. I did not though that I can move them free. But within the grid it is possible to place them wherever you want. Next step get them even better and chrome colored.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look fantastic. The Offset angle is what really sets them off...I tried doing that with the magnet one's originally but only get the straight vertical view...seeing the crosssection is definitely the way to go. Plus they match the Hooked on Pinball Pop star bumper caps.

Chrome will look amazing..

I bet a candy chromed red or blue would look pretty cool as well

#12237 2 years ago

Coming soon.... Upgrading Dealools sound system.

If you are interested in DIY sound systems upgrades be sure to check out this thread we have going on. Lots of good information and helpful people.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/7#post-6816685

20220307_082843 (resized).jpg20220307_082843 (resized).jpg20220307_082942 (resized).jpg20220307_082942 (resized).jpg
#12238 2 years ago

Maybe if i got that my 2yo would stop pressing 4 player games while I play and just focus on completely ****ing up the audio every session!

#12239 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Maybe if i got that my 2yo would stop pressing 4 player games while I play and just focus on completely ****ing up the audio every session!

3 year old here, can confirm.

#12240 2 years ago

So I upgraded my premium speakers to Kenwood KFC-1366S 4 ohm speakers... Sounded awesome

Then I thought, oops, forgot to change the ohms to 4 ohms...

Well, now it sounds like mud... Much reduced volume, voices and call outs muted... Over all crap....

Switched back to 8 and presto... Instant upgraded quality...

So what is the consensus on damaging the amp if I leave them at 8 ohms? What do the LEs come set to by default and is the wiring somehow different in the premiums?

These are the same speakers the LEs use from what I read, just can't believe how bad they sound at 4 ohms...

Any suggestions

Thanks all

#12241 2 years ago

i’m an audiophile and i’ve found that sometimes speakers open up a little and sound better with use. also, different sometimes sounds better (or worse) because its not what we’re used to. maybe try it for a couple weeks at 4 and see what happens as your ear adjusts. for now if it sounds quiet turn it up a little. also try futzing with the eq and see if you can get a sound you like on the 4 ohm setting. maybe brighten it up a little by bumping the higher frequencies if it sounds muddy.

#12242 2 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i’m an audiophile and i’ve found that sometimes speakers open up a little and sound better with use. also, different sometimes sounds better (or worse) because its not what we’re used to. maybe try it for a couple weeks at 4 and see what happens as your ear adjusts. for now if it sounds quiet turn it up a little. also try futzing with the eq and see if you can get a sound you like on the 4 ohm setting. maybe brighten it up a little by bumping the higher frequencies if it sounds muddy.

Yeah I’m definitely gonna have to take a look at it I was throwing the system together with the speaker Light kit..and only had a chance to try it briefly…Definitely gonna have to mess with the EQ…Unfortunately I’m out of town on business now for a couple days so it’s gonna bug me until I can get back and monkey with it…I guess technically running 8 ohms Through the four ohm speakers is potentially damaging if the volume gets cranked too hard I seem to remember people getting their LES with a default setting of 8 ohms even though they had four ohm speakers…I wonder if there’s a different EQ profile that comes standard in the LE software version

#12243 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Quoted from ExSquid:

3 year old here, can confirm.

Time to turn off Free Play and just add a single credit before starting.

#12244 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I upgraded my premium speakers to Kenwood KFC-1366S 4 ohm speakers... Sounded awesome
Then I thought, oops, forgot to change the ohms to 4 ohms...
Well, now it sounds like mud... Much reduced volume, voices and call outs muted... Over all crap....
Switched back to 8 and presto... Instant upgraded quality...
So what is the consensus on damaging the amp if I leave them at 8 ohms? What do the LEs come set to by default and is the wiring somehow different in the premiums?
These are the same speakers the LEs use from what I read, just can't believe how bad they sound at 4 ohms...
Any suggestions
Thanks all

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

The OP of this thread has been testing speakers setups, maybe he or some of the other posters can shed some light. I have been following his thread and prepping for the day my Deadpool finally arrives, and now i want to know the answer to your question. I hope they are able to help.
-Lb

#12245 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
The OP of this thread has been testing speakers setups, maybe he or some of the other posters can shed some light. I have been following his thread and prepping for the day my Deadpool finally arrives, and now i want to know the answer to your question. I hope they are able to help.
-Lb

OK I read through that entire thread and rather than trying to make the best out of a spike equalizer and lack of onboard amplifier power to drive 4 ohm speakers properly…I decided to go with the new PinWoofer DIY Solution since it uses the factory wiring…I’m not An audiophile but I do want some good quality and didn’t wanna risk trying various amplifiers and clean power solutions only to wind up with Buzzing and distortion……I already have a line out using An external sub and planning on running the pinnovator line out in tandem with the PinWoofer to control the cab and back box speakers being driven off the PinWoofer amp. I just don’t want to risk running at 8 ohms on a 4 ohm speaker and damage something on the spike board.

I probably should have just got the entire PinWoofer solution to begin with but I wanted the Kenwood “look”…so ..I have the full setup on my GnR and it sounds amazing.

#12246 2 years ago

I'm trying to dial in my new Deadpool. Like others have mentioned all through this topic, I'm getting a bunch of Hellhouse scoop rejects, but what's different is that my factory scoop protector seems to have no damage or visible reason for these rejects. What makes it even more odd is that my Hellhouse kick-out sends the ball into the middle of the right slingshot. So now I'm thinking that maybe the scoop isn't lined up properly to begin with which might be the reason for the rejects? Has anyone had that issue of the ball being sent into the middle of the right slingshot? That seems pretty far off.

#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm trying to dial in my new Deadpool. Like others have mentioned all through this topic, I'm getting a bunch of Hellhouse scoop rejects, but what's different is that my factory scoop protector seems to have no damage or visible reason for these rejects. What makes it even more odd is that my Hellhouse kick-out sends the ball into the middle of the right slingshot. So now I'm thinking that maybe the scoop isn't lined up properly to begin with which might be the reason for the rejects? Has anyone had that issue of the ball being sent into the middle of the right slingshot? That seems pretty far off.

Yes, my new premium also ejected to the right slingshot. I had to drop the eject power significantly to get it to hit the right flipper instead. I haven’t had time to dig into the root cause as I’ve been playing too much Rush lately.

#12248 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Yes, my new premium also ejected to the right slingshot. I had to drop the eject power significantly to get it to hit the right flipper instead. I haven’t had time to dig into the root cause as I’ve been playing too much Rush lately.

Yeah, I backed the power off a good amount and it helped some, but still way off from hitting the center of the right flipper. So it seems to be more than just that.

#12249 2 years ago

Anybody in the club have one of the Deadpool banners they’re willing to part with? Need to make the basement stairs more welcoming for the premium we’re expecting this summer.

I have a Jurassic Park banner I would be willing to trade with you, or could buy it off of you outright. Shoot me a pm!

#12250 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have one of the Deadpool banners they’re willing to part with? Need to make the basement stairs more welcoming for the premium we’re expecting this summer.
I have a Jurassic Park banner I would be willing to trade with you, or could buy it off of you outright. Shoot me a pm!

Flipnout probably has them in stock?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/245?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.