(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 324.
#12101 2 years ago

so what si the trick to keep the Snkt target from moving, I have already adjusted it twice in 100 games, I think I will leave it as it really, currently leaning over the ball guide...

#12102 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

There is a cleland sound mod for DP? This is the first I have heard of this.

Yes there is. Now the question is "Do you like Pina coladas...and getting caught in the rain..."

#12103 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Disregard I fixed it by adjusting the left and right hand Pawl in the up position and made both bats even and then slightly tweaking (aligned with needle nose just a millimeter or two ) the left and right back stop for the flipper return now they're all perfect I'm just going to leave this here in case anybody in encounters the same thing... real quick fix

Do you have any pictures of what you adjusted to fix this?

#12104 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

so what si the trick to keep the Snkt target from moving, I have already adjusted it twice in 100 games, I think I will leave it as it really, currently leaning over the ball guide...

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-machinery/brackets/anti-sway-stand-up-target-bracket-kit-for-stern-pinball-machine/

#12105 2 years ago

WizMod speaker panels for my Premium shipped today. What's funny about these is its the first thing people notice when they come over to play. Deadpool doesn't have them on yet. They really do make a difference, cant wait. Looking at their aprons also.

The ones on Maiden look amazing.

#12106 2 years ago

Everything I've bought from Wizard has been of great quality . I'll be adding Wiz blades and speaker surround also. Wiz blades have a flatter finish than Tilt graphics so look a tiny bit better IMHO...but it's a small difference.

#12107 2 years ago

thanks, but my machine is brand new, I presume this is already installed on that target... or am I wrong?

edit: I am wrong and Stern is cheap AF!!! can't believe they do not include this with the game.
thanks again for the link

#12108 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Everything I've bought from Wizard has been of great quality . I'll be adding Wiz blades and speaker surround also. Wiz blades have a flatter finish than Tilt graphics so look a tiny bit better IMHO...but it's a small difference.

I'm not liking most of the Blades for this game, even the Stern "official ones". They just seem......off to me. I might go mirror for the first time with this one.

#12109 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

There is a cleland sound mod for DP? This is the first I have heard of this.

But why? I'm all for modding, but Deadpool is one of the few games that the audio package is great straight from the factory!

#12110 2 years ago

It's the best. Years later i was still hearing new callouts.

#12111 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

But why? I'm all for modding, but Deadpool is one of the few games that the audio package is great straight from the factory!

I agree that is why I was so surprised.

#12112 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like it the way it is, but the sound mod did cause this, so it was worth it for the confusion alone.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/214#post-6528189

Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

#12113 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do you have any pictures of what you adjusted to fix this?

As pointed out above, my assembly is probably out of spec and come time for a rebuild, will most likely do a complete assembly swap out, but everything works smoothly now and shoots like butter, I don't have pics unfortunately, but here's what I did

1. Loosened the right flipper bat bolt just loose enough to move it but with some tension still left

2. While holding the left flipper up to its up position with one hand, moved the right flipper to match the left upward position with the same hand, then tightened the right bat bolt using my Allen wrench, I have the long T=handle kind so it make the job and torque required easy

3. Made sure i had a slight amount of vertical play in the position and then when satisfied, tighted the right flipper down

4. Now with the right fixed upward, it was slightly off on the bottom rest position. I removed the backstop rubber, so as to bend the bracket slightly in the middle and not unevenly and did't want to ruin the grommet .. then used a pair of needle nose to bend just slightly the bracket holding the grommet (making the distance the pawl rests on slightly less and closer to the assembly) - just a little goes a long way, took only a slight tweak and the flipper was now resting dead center

#12114 2 years ago

thanks, but my machine is brand new, I presume this is already installed on that target... or am I wrong?
edit: I am wrong and Stern is cheap AF!!! can't believe they do not include this with the game.
thanks again for the link

It's strange, my Star Wars and JP had them, weird they wouldn't change the part supply list on a known bracket issue.

I put the anti sway bar from Pinball Life in mine and it works perfectly...Snikt shots a plenty !!

#12115 2 years ago

Who makes a really nice disco ball to replace the really low quality included in the prem/le? The mirrors in mine will fall off any time soon. It is really a joke of a toy.

Not looking for the actual disco ball mod but wondering if there is a reallt nice disco ball I could replace it with?

#12116 2 years ago

Heads up!
Deadpool pops are back in stock and ready to ship.
These are full custom cast and chromed and are 3d not flat cut out metal shapes.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p206/Deadpool-Pop-Ninja-Bumper-Pinball-Mod.html

#12117 2 years ago

HOOKED Ordered! Thanks!

#12118 2 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Heads up!
These are full custom cast and chromed and are 3d not flat cut out metal shapes.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p206/Deadpool-Pop-Ninja-Bumper-Pinball-Mod.html

Thanks for the heads up, just placed an order.

#12119 2 years ago

These are the best. Very well done.

Quoted from HOOKED:

Heads up!

#12120 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Thanks for the heads up, just placed an order.

Me three!

#12121 2 years ago

Snikt question.
I added the anti sway bracket. It still sways, maybe not as much as before but the bracket has enough tolerance (or lack thereof) to allow for some sway still. Annoying.
Am I doing something wrong here?

#12122 2 years ago

Snikt question.
I added the anti sway bracket. It still sways, maybe not as much as before but the bracket has enough tolerance (or lack thereof) to allow for some sway still. Annoying.

hawaiian-hula-dance.gifhawaiian-hula-dance.gif

#12123 2 years ago

Snikt question.

Now that you mention it…When I installed mine on all my standup targets (Baywatch) they seemed to move a little. The next time I had the glass off I straightened them and tightened them up a little (the screws that prevent pivoting not the playfield screws) and I haven’t noticed them move in over six month. I think they just needed to settle and compress a little. Maybe someone has better advise, but I would have forgotten about all of it had you not mentioned yours moving a little. Good luck.

#12124 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Now that you mention it…When I installed mine on my all standup targets (Baywatch) they seemed to move a little. The next time I had the glass off I straightened them and tightened them up a little (the screws that prevent pivoting not the playfield screws) and I haven’t noticed them move in over six month. I think they just needed to settle and compress a little. Maybe someone has better advise, but I would have forgotten about all of it had you not mentioned yours moving a little. Good luck.

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…

6DE481C4-E2B4-4DE1-B8DC-4754C39BE566 (resized).jpeg6DE481C4-E2B4-4DE1-B8DC-4754C39BE566 (resized).jpeg
#12125 2 years ago

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…[quoted image]

I am having the same issue.

#12126 2 years ago

Such an important target that has been so poorly implemented.
This is the only way to get X multipliers correct?
It is kind of silly but this is a deal breaker for me, dont have time to constantly adjust a target and it is a bit demoralizing that the target I need for a high score doesnt work well….
Might just sell the game because of this…lol

#12127 2 years ago

It is kind of silly but this is a deal breaker for me, dont have time to constantly adjust a target and it is a bit demoralizing that the target I need for a high score doesnt work well….

Yikes.

I mean, do what you want, but I played with a leaning bracket for almost 2 years and I was cranking them out. I bought the anti-sway bracket last year, and it's probably just from getting used to it, but I felt it was easier with the old bracket. I really don't think it is, but it's just psychological.

I wouldn't stress too much about it, in my opinion. It's a pinball machine, they break, they lean, stuff needs replaced, they're not 100% perfect like our OCD minds would like them to be, etc. I would just enjoy the game and practice that shot. It's not impossible.

Again, this is all my opinion, I'm just trying to calm you down from jumping to wanting to sell one of the best pins ever made over a bracket - you'll regret it.

#12128 2 years ago

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…

Just an FYI with my experience with the Stern target brackets. Even when I use them, I often find that the clearances within the different blades and spacers of the target assembly will allow the target to lean over a little bit. When this happens, I just go under the playfield and loosen the target mount bracket enough to get a shim under the side of the target away from the the lean (to stand it back up straight - in your case the side of the Snikt target closest to the front of the playfield), then I space the target back to level. After I've done this to targets, they pretty much stay level from then on.

I don't know if that helps you, but maybe it will. I had to do this to my SW and ACDC targets (and others). If it does help, and you end up keeping your DP, it'll be well worth it.

#12129 2 years ago

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…[quoted image]

You really have to tighten those two screws holding the leaf spring to the mechanism tight to do that without bending things and to keep position I used a pair of pliers to hold the leaf spring square while using a long torque driver to get those screw as tight as I could...

I know it's been said here that the target should sit away from the rail but I've actually found that with just the corner just overlapping the rails slightly but still squared up provides more of a positive Target impact point for the ball.. otherwise it's a little too spongy.. the ball won't make it up the ramp as easily I'm out on a trip if I get home I'll take a picture of mine it's pretty close to yours but my target is square so I would just recommend tightening up that Target again living with a little overlap and then just getting used to that shot....

Regardless of how Gomez said it's supposed to be free floating away from the rail every Deadpool I've ever seen in the wild or in a home environment has a slight overlap on that railing it was even on his own personal machine on the Expo floor...

#12130 2 years ago

thanks everyone. will consider all these suggestions! appreciate the messages.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Just an FYI with my experience with the Stern target brackets. Even when I use them, I often find that the clearances within the different blades and spacers of the target assembly will allow the target to lean over a little bit. When this happens, I just go under the playfield and loosen the target mount bracket enough to get a shim under the side of the target away from the the lean (to stand it back up straight - in your case the side of the Snikt target closest to the front of the playfield), then I space the target back to level. After I've done this to targets, they pretty much stay level from then on.
I don't know if that helps you, but maybe it will. I had to do this to my SW and ACDC targets (and others). If it does help, and you end up keeping your DP, it'll be well worth it.

I was thinking about that last night, just need to find a shim small enough to fit there, what kind of material did you find worked better? a small piece of wood?

#12131 2 years ago

Also the post above talking about the shim works as well if you put a washer on the leaning edge to bring the target back to square and just live with the fact that the mechanism itself is slightly cantered and shimmed but squared up it's basically reached its lean limit and will sit square with a shim in place...

I did this before I had the anti-sway bracket in and it worked perfectly.

My target came from the factory with a slight overlay on the rail and I felt it was a solid shot and felt really good out of the box but then I got to reading on here how it should be and when I centered it without any railing position it felt spongy it was very difficult to make

Long story short I went back to what works versus what is supposed to work now over time that target may get beat up on that edge, but if that's the worst that happens oh well I'll just get a new one if needed.. but so far it doesn't appear to be wearing or being cut by the rail at all

#12132 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also the post above talking about the shim works as well if you put a washer on the leaning edge to bring the target back to square and just live with the fact that the mechanism itself is slightly cantered and shimmed but squared up it's basically reached its lean limit and will sit square with a shim in place...
I did this before I had the anti-sway bracket in and it worked perfectly.
My target came from the factory with a slight overlay on the rail and I felt it was a solid shot and felt really good out of the box but then I got to reading on here how it should be and when I centered it without any railing position it felt spongy it was very difficult to make
Long story short I went back to what works versus what is supposed to work now over time that target may get beat up on that edge, but if that's the worst that happens oh well I'll just get a new one if needed.. but so far it doesn't appear to be wearing or being cut by the rail at all

100% my thoughts on this. Will try the shim.
Was just worried that a washer will might short the target up and be close the entire time...

#12133 2 years ago

I was thinking about that last night, just need to find a shim small enough to fit there, what kind of material did you find worked better? a small piece of wood?

I have access to some plastic shim stock sets from McMaster-Carr through my workplace, so I just used one of those plastic shims and cut a small piece to fit. However, what Fooflighter mentioned works too, and from what I remember a #8 washer used as a shim under an edge of the bracket works good too. A #6 or #10 washer may also do the trick.

#12134 2 years ago

If you have a 3D printer, I recommend printing these up. They add additional support on top of the anti-lean bracket. I put them on all my targets.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5157940

#12135 2 years ago

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance explained that the shim is almost defined by the aluminium beer can. You can almost infinitely increase it's thickness by folding.

OoooohhhhmmmmmPunkin

#12136 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance explained that the shim is almost defined by the aluminium beer can. You can almost infinitely increase it's thickness by folding.
OoooohhhhmmmmmPunkin

Great idea, will try this.

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you have a 3D printer, I recommend printing these up. They add additional support on top of the anti-lean bracket. I put them on all my targets.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5157940

Another reason to get a printer! These are phenomenal, thanks for sharing…
Anybody in Ottawa willing to print me a few
Pleeeeeease (in dp voice)

#12137 2 years ago

I am a recent convert to 3D printing (bought an Ender 3 v2 in December) and absolutely love it. Such an awesome tool for pinball and other hobbies. I'm just sorry I waited this long to buy one. I spent several hundred dollars getting parts printed in the past which would have practically paid for the printer. Filament is really cheap too. I love playing with CAD programs (used Fusion 360 to design some CNC parts in the past) so this is right up my alley.

#12138 2 years ago

Was just worried that a washer will might short the target up and be close the entire time...

Just for clarification, with the playfield up, you are putting the washer under the top screw of the target to the playfield bracket, so that with the playfield down, it’s on the side of the target closest to the player, which does lower the end slightly but it makes the target sit even just above the playfield with proper clearance

#12139 2 years ago

So when I wasnt sure if the production line was going to happen this year, bought a used one locally but left in the office for my coworkers to play with while I try to make room at my place. 2-3 weeks in and think i've only gotten under 10 games in =(

At least now we're being kinda forced to go back to the office so will have some random times to get on it. Though with more and more folks coming back, think the noise might be annoying neighboring offices

Had purchased the art blades back last year when I first reserved a spot, but this one came with mirror which look awesome....dont think I want to use the art ones at all anymore. In reference to the snkt target, still dont know how that shot is supposed to feel. From reading it looks to be a difficult shot and I'm not that great to begin with, but will add in that bracket file mentioned anyway. Maybe I'll notice a difference.

Hooked's pop ninja stars and ModCouple's hellhouse are very very nice touches to the game. The owner had pinstadium but went without them. I see what people were talking about the stock red. Did just receive the Comet kit so will mess swapping those (from the underside). Also during the 5 month wait been messing with rope designs in my free time, and got this printed which took a couple of months with many slicer failures.

TLDR...really excited. Once my wife gets to get some games in throughout the months we'll have to make a choice (i'll force her to) to see if she likes this one or AIQ more.

2022-02-23 11.14.08 (resized).jpg2022-02-23 11.14.08 (resized).jpg
#12140 2 years ago

There are a few other ways to get multipliers... 100 weapons, 200 weapons, etc. and also Lil Deadpool Bounce.

I've been using the Pinball Life anti Sway bracket on my Snikt target for probably 2 years now. It does slightly lean, but nowhere near as much as the original. My target also slightly overlaps the guide, but the shot works great. It's a set it and forget it for me and I clean and wax the playfield probably more than most. I am just about to hit 5000 plays in the next few days.

I haven't tried the shim method, but would think it would work.

#12141 2 years ago

Just a little update from Portugal (Wizard Mod)

3EA479D6-D0C8-4555-A024-A7155EE5385F (resized).jpeg3EA479D6-D0C8-4555-A024-A7155EE5385F (resized).jpeg4C35D611-C9C9-42F3-974D-C00D9FE7E0EE (resized).jpeg4C35D611-C9C9-42F3-974D-C00D9FE7E0EE (resized).jpeg
#12142 2 years ago

Couldn't do that to my pinwoofer system. if they made it like the LE one with full speaker cutouts i'd like one.

#12143 2 years ago

All.orders shipping in the morning thanks !
You all have trackers.

#12144 2 years ago

Saw this message today (and didn't see it mentioned here) but wanted to share as it got my hopes up for all those DP preorders out there (mine included.)

IMG_20220223_173301 (resized).jpgIMG_20220223_173301 (resized).jpg
#12145 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Couldn't do that to my pinwoofer system. if they made it like the LE one with full speaker cutouts i'd like one.

I think they do have an LE cutout option. I use these on my premiums after the kenwood speaker upgrade I do.

#12146 2 years ago

Every now and then, when a ball is served, the auto-plunger launches it. Usually a cabinet slap right by the right flipper fixes it for a little. What’s the logic behind when a ball auto-plunges and why would it be auto-plunging when it should manual plunge?

I’m guessing one of my other switches on the playfield is activating or closed, so the machine thinks there is a ball in play and when it detects a ball in the shooter lane it clears it?

#12147 2 years ago

As promised here are my photos, sorry about the glare, Invisiglass hasn't shipped yet...

This is with the anti sway installed and no shim

A well placed shot feeds the ramp perfectly... I'm about 6.9 to 7.0 degrees on playfield angle

20220224_003121 (resized).jpg20220224_003121 (resized).jpg20220224_003152 (resized).jpg20220224_003152 (resized).jpg

#12148 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Every now and then, when a ball is served, the auto-plunger launches it. Usually a cabinet slap right by the right flipper fixes it for a little. What’s the logic behind when a ball auto-plunges and why would it be auto-plunging when it should manual plunge?
I’m guessing one of my other switches on the playfield is activating or closed, so the machine thinks there is a ball in play and when it detects a ball in the shooter lane it clears it?

Switch test....thump playfield. Look for switch activations.

#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I had this when the one or more of my drop targets weren't staying up on a reset.

#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from revoke:

Saw this message today (and didn't see it mentioned here) but wanted to share as it got my hopes up for all those DP preorders out there (mine included.)
[quoted image]

Don't you just love how Kaneda has personally added a glowing appraisal of Kaneda's Twipy win from Gary haha. Even a quick look shows the text after "Best Regards" has clearly been added after the fact.

What a conceited, self indulgent ass clown!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.