(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 326.
#11801 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Btw, since you’re going heavy on the mods, I highly recommend PinMonk’s color gels for the playfield and back panel inserts.

PinMonk 's or DIY style color gels really add to the look of Deadpool in my opinion! Great addition!

#11802 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Btw, since you’re going heavy on the mods, I highly recommend PinMonk’s color gels for the playfield and back panel inserts.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, love Pinmonks stuff

#11803 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome, thanks for the tip, love Pinmonks stuff

I have one of these sample swatchbooks of gel light filters, and customize my own LED colors:

Rosco Rosco Lux Small Swatchbook https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002ER2YG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_DBA52396QH1CGGZTNH5V

Cut enough off to cover the insert, then I just use a little electrical tape to tack them up and tighten the board under them to hold in place. This is what I did yesterday to my DP:
43157FEB-5E68-4D71-9686-14EF8D7D686A (resized).jpeg43157FEB-5E68-4D71-9686-14EF8D7D686A (resized).jpeg

#11804 2 years ago

New owner here. And i have read this entire thread before while waiting on my pin to get built. But having said that there is a bunch here…

Those folks that put washers under some guide rails. I think i saw it in one of the key posts.. are you mostly talking about the guide rail that goes around behind lil deadpool and makes the lock shot eventually up into the katana?

If so my rail looks like it has been modified from stern to have a notch that isnt in the key post picuture.

Guess ill keep an eye on it if that starts to wear?

ACDB4BCD-4908-4B4E-9105-EBD65606F308 (resized).jpegACDB4BCD-4908-4B4E-9105-EBD65606F308 (resized).jpegE8722DB8-E726-42C0-9042-91ABBF65E8FB (resized).jpegE8722DB8-E726-42C0-9042-91ABBF65E8FB (resized).jpeg
#11805 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I would actually disagree and say higher scores are more likely on the premium. The drop targets on the premium slow the ball down compared to stand ups on the pro. Also the left orbit to right inlane on the premium allows you to collect BOOMS all day. This makes battles and quests easier to complete.

I agree with this! I like the art on my pro better than the premium, but I wish it had the drop targets. The stand up targets are brutal sometimes on the pro.

I couldn't afford a premium, so it wasn't a matter of choice. The premium plays better, but the pro is still a great playing machine for what I paid for it.

#11806 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

New owner here. And i have read this entire thread before while waiting on my pin to get built. But having said that there is a bunch here…
Those folks that put washers under some guide rails. I think i saw it in one of the key posts.. are you mostly talking about the guide rail that goes around behind lil deadpool and makes the lock shot eventually up into the katana?
If so my rail looks like it has been modified from stern to have a notch that isnt in the key post picuture.
Guess ill keep an eye on it if that starts to wear?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the corner closest to the playfield is nice and round. Might be fine!
The Wolverine guide up the center that wraps around to the left loop can dig in too. Not sure if they addressed that one.

#11807 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Guess ill keep an eye on it if that starts to wear?

Those notches should help prevent the most noticeable wear, however the edges of the ball guides themselves will likely dig into the clear over time. You will notice this if there is white dust along the bottom edge of the guide.

The Katana guide gets a lot of the attention but there are 2 other areas you might also want to address with washers and maybe even some mylar.
* Wolverine ball guide behind the spinner, you can get chipping and wear in here
* Left ramp, the metal edges can touch the playfield and result in chipping/wear

All of those shots can take a beating, especially when you brick the edges of the metal. The wear for the Wolverine and Ramp Shot may be hidden by plastics or the ramp itself which is good in a way but may as well prevent it from happening in the first place.

So as much of a minor pain that it can be to put in these washers you are doing yourself a longterm favour. It is also a good opportunity to learn about your machine for future maintenance and/or while installing mods. Of course I did none of this out of the gate myself

#11808 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yeah, this spot (with arrow) is the biggie since it can take a beating from strong shots hitting the blue snubber and the bottom edge of the guide will slowly grind into the clear. The other spots people have mentioned are also good idea to add a washer, but where I highlighted really needs it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11809 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, this spot (with arrow) is the biggie since it can take a beating from strong shots hitting the blue snubber and the bottom edge of the guide will slowly grind into the clear. The other spots people have mentioned are also good idea to add a washer, but where I highlighted really needs it.[quoted image]

Looks like they completely removed the art under the rails which is awesome! You might not have to do anything actually.

#11810 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Looks like they completely removed the art under the rails which is awesome! You might not have to do anything actually.

Looks to me like stern actually pays attention to issues divulged on here and other sites... that guide redesign should prevent clear coat damage, so well done Stern!

#11811 2 years ago

Happy to see the changes. I have noticed this on a lot of games.
I have also submitted a lot of info and pictures to them directly when my games had issues with this and they mentioned they were looking into it - not obviously because of me - all that to say I qm glad to see it.

#11812 2 years ago

If you don’t play for points, is there any reason to complete the disco modes or the super jackpots in the multiballs?

#11813 2 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

If you don’t play for points, is there any reason to complete the disco modes or the super jackpots in the multiballs?

You don't need to do either of those if your goal is to progress through the modes. It does not affect the core game progression.

#11814 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Stern definitely has made some changes to the art and the guide since my August 2019 build Pro.

The end of my guide is showing a little wear after 4800+ games... (don't mind 'Lil Dinopool )

IMG_2140.JPGIMG_2140.JPG
#11816 2 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Because they’re fun?

#11817 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

There were actually two issues with that ball guide digging into the playfield. One is at the entrance which the notch fixes. The second is in the middle of the guide which can only be fixed by adding washers.

You may also want to consider adding washers under the left ramp and the ball guide behind Wolverine.

#11818 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Because they’re fun?

Wait til he hears that whacky super jackpot callout on Ninja. Still cracks me up

#11819 2 years ago

Had the head to head setup today. Ha, shipping the LE out tomorrow. It sure does look prettier though.

0150D7E0-A399-404C-ADBE-D03251CCCF01 (resized).jpeg0150D7E0-A399-404C-ADBE-D03251CCCF01 (resized).jpeg
#11820 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Wait til he hears that whacky super jackpot callout on Ninja. Still cracks me up

Wanna see something funny? Trap up during a battle and watch the animation.

#11821 2 years ago

I guess I got a new build but older playfield before they changed the artwork under certain rails

20220207_113227 (resized).jpg20220207_113227 (resized).jpg20220207_113310 (resized).jpg20220207_113310 (resized).jpg
#11822 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess I got a new build but older playfield before they changed the artwork under certain rails
[quoted image][quoted image]

good to know, thanks. pro or premium?

#11823 2 years ago

If anybody has installed an Insider Connected kit on their DP premium and are willing to sell the right triangular apron plastic that they removed, please let me know. Thanks!

#11824 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

good to know, thanks. pro or premium?

Premium

#11825 2 years ago

417 Million Sauron Multiball Deadpool Pro Mini Wizard Mode

#11826 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If anybody has installed an Insider Connected kit on their DP premium and are willing to sell the right triangular apron plastic that they removed, please let me know. Thanks!

Have you seen the kit that relocates it to the coin door that's on etsy?

#11827 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

It's on Nitro pinballs page. its a stern product I think.

#11828 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Its on the forums here as well. Also several 3d files of those doors available in the 3d printing thread.

Its not a Stern product. Its a user mod.

#11829 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Its on the forums here as well. Also several 3d files of those doors available in the 3d printing thread.
Its not a Stern product. Its a user mod.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount-in-stock

well, it's in the Stern Shop on Nitro, but whatever, I may be wrong.

#11831 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

417 Million Sauron Multiball Deadpool Pro Mini Wizard Mode

Wow you really lit it up! I can never manage many points in that mode. I just checked my machine and my top is 230mil but it is usually about 1/10th that. I'll have to study your strat, having 100+ weapons certainly doesn't hurt!

#11832 2 years ago

I always take my games apart so the wife and I could get it up the curved stairs safely in 3 pieces. Deadpool came apart surprisingly easy after the spaghetti nest on TWD.

Taking over my son's room slowly for the main pinball room to eventually house the pins scattered about

Now onto the side mirrors..This is the way to do mods floor level and no killing your back! Wish it was always like this
20220207_153555 (resized).jpg20220207_153555 (resized).jpg

#11833 2 years ago

tad overkill just to recover the missing DP panel the IC replaces. At least theres extra stuff to play with for modeling/modding.

2022-02-07 17.53.50 (resized).jpg2022-02-07 17.53.50 (resized).jpg

#11834 2 years ago

This is a much nicer solution than actually what Stern did by putting on the top. Get that shite off the apron Stern please!

#11835 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

tad overkill just to recover the missing DP panel the IC replaces. At least theres extra stuff to play with for modeling/modding.
[quoted image]

You can just peel it off right?

#11836 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Which part? The art on the acrylics are glued on. Those don't peel.

#11837 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

New DP Premiums come with Insider Connected installed in the apron, and no right triangular insert plastic. If you want to move the IC sensor to the door and replace the plastic, you have to buy a new full plastic set ($200) - which I think is what Sleal16 did. I was hoping somebody with an old DP Prem that installed the IC sensor in their apron would be willing to sell the plastic they removed. It isn’t worth $200 to me to get that single plastic.

#11838 2 years ago

New DP Premiums come with Insider Connected installed in the apron, and no right triangular insert plastic. If you want to move the IC sensor to the door and replace the plastic, you have to buy a new full plastic set ($200) - which I think is what Sleal16 did. I was hoping somebody with an old DP Prem that installed the IC sensor in their apron would be willing to sell the plastic they removed. It isn’t worth $200 to me to get that single plastic.

It's not worth the 200... But maybe in the long run I can get rid of the random pieces for a buck or two each to cut the cost down. Feel it's kinda hard to find someone that will sell that from their machine. I'm an impractical person.

#11839 2 years ago

Gotta admit the ruin the aprons in the games. Nobody wants to stare at that poece of crap insider connect.
Defeats the purpose of the upgraded metal apron in the case of a premium game.
Horrible design choice

#11840 2 years ago

One benefit of buying the full plastic set is you have spares of everything in case on breaks in the future. I wound up buying a set when an air ball wrecked the plastic over the Hell House scoop.

#11841 2 years ago

Gotta admit the ruin the aprons in the games. Nobody wants to stare at that poece of crap insider connect.
Defeats the purpose of the upgraded metal apron in the case of a premium game.
Horrible design choice

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm a fan of Insider Connect.

#11842 2 years ago

when I get mine, I am willing to trade for a regular APRON without insider connect. Yes you heard me right, if you want insider connect and I will give you mine.
I dont give one crap about it and prefer the game to not have it.

#11843 2 years ago

when I get mine, I am willing to trade for a regular APRON without insider connect. Yes you heard me right, if you want insider connect and I will give you mine.

Does insider connect give you any additional modes? I know for JP it will give you goat mania which originally was only if you had the topper

#11844 2 years ago

Finally got my DP Premium from the small late January run. FedEx decided to take a scenic route to get it to me since they thought it was best to attempt delivery to my dealer rather than the drop ship to me that was clearly labeled. They admitted fault and got it here safe. Huge props to Rob RBradley at Mad Pinball for getting this to me, dealing with FedEx and my paranoia when FedEx had to reroute. He is very responsive at all hours and provides great customer service.

50EA1395-846B-4E57-9C13-CB7627BE2507 (resized).jpeg50EA1395-846B-4E57-9C13-CB7627BE2507 (resized).jpeg5866ECFF-9B61-434E-9A71-5EABF5251FFE (resized).jpeg5866ECFF-9B61-434E-9A71-5EABF5251FFE (resized).jpeg
#11845 2 years ago

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

#11846 2 years ago

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

100% worth doing. My photos aren't the best by any means but here is a side by side. In particular compare the far sides above the outlanes. You can actually read the To Do list for example. And the biggest improvement to me is lighting up the middle of the playfield. Depending on your lighting setup in your room this can make a world of difference.

I have actually gone down to 1 spotlight on each side facing upwards towards the middle. I don't find it too dark near the flippers but I did install a trough light as well which is not shown in these photos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/169#post-6114580

#11847 2 years ago

Yes--big improvement.

#11848 2 years ago

Do it. Major difference.

#11849 2 years ago

My thoughts exactly.
We had a GZ Pro with Insider Connect.
It was fun... for +/- 5 games.
Then it became just an ugly white light on the apron.

#11850 2 years ago

Quoted from Smack:

100% worth doing. My photos aren't the best by any means but here is a side by side. In particular compare the far sides above the outlanes. You can actually read the To Do list for example. And the biggest improvement to me is lighting up the middle of the playfield. Depending on your lighting setup in your room this can make a world of difference.
I have actually gone down to 1 spotlight on each side facing upwards towards the middle. I don't find it too dark near the flippers but I did install a trough light as well which is not shown in these photos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/169#post-6114580

I just bit the bullet and did a massive upgrade, took awhile as it involved taking apart pretty much everything.

New Comet Frosted Sunlight Throughout
All new Titan Translucent rubbers
CLiP protection plastics throughout.

I like the Comet Lighting as the red just saturated the playfield. The Frosted sunlight makes the playfied colors come alive
I also built 2 spotlights on the top of the slings and they brighten up the center nicely. Not too much , just right.

I'm also going to add a trough light and translucent drops and ligthing under Lil' Deadpool Drops

Not a fan of the Red CLiP plastics on the sling artwork, love the fluorescent look everywhere else, but they just make the sling art completely red.

I'm going with some thicker clears or other colrs in those areas. Also, I left the sling lights a cooler white as it doesn't change the playfield GI too much but makes the sling art pop a little more

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.