(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 326.
#11751 2 years ago

For those that have played the pro and premium models, is the right orbit shot smoother on the premium or are they equally as clunky?

#11752 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

While Stern was waiting out the snag in Rush production last week, they banged out the December Deadpool Premium builds (that were pushed out to July/August). Or at least that’s what it looked like, until you just said you didn’t get yours. Maybe they didn’t bang out the whole production run.

I don’t think they completed the entire run, just whatever amount they could squeeze in. Same thing happened with Mando prems.

#11753 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

One thing i noticed (this is the first spike game ive owned). Is that the cabinet bottom is full on plywood and not MDF like my other SAM games. Is that typical or just something they have been doing recently?
Second thing i noticed is the flippers are strong! Left ramp shots are violetly zipping down that wireform. May look to turn that down some. We will see.
Just some first impressions

My DP from last spring’s run also has a plywood bottom.

#11754 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I don’t think they completed the entire run, just whatever amount they could squeeze in. Same thing happened with Mando prems.

No they did not complete the run, as I'm still waiting for my DP Premium (on order since June 3rd). Hopefully maybe they can keep squeezing more and more in before July/August, as that's a loooong time to wait.

#11755 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those that have played the pro and premium models, is the right orbit shot smoother on the premium or are they equally as clunky?

Same clunky shot, to me at least. I played the premium a lot before I got my pro and that shot feels the same to me.

#11756 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

No they did not complete the run, as I'm still waiting for my DP Premium (on order since June 3rd). Hopefully maybe they can keep squeezing more and more in before July/August, as that's a loooong time to wait.

Weird you didn't get in having ordered beginning of June. It does sound like people who have ordered up to beginning of October so far from those chiming in have been receiving the game.

#11757 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Weird you didn't get in having ordered beginning of June. It does sound like people who have ordered up to beginning of October so far from those chiming in have been receiving the game.

Yeah, right. Maybe it's my distributor, I dunno. My order is with Cointaker. Has anyone received a DP Premium from this latest surprise run from Cointaker? I haven't seen anyone mention it.

#11758 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I was told by my distributor the orders were cut in half for them specifically.

Which is why I’m in the forum now...my order got cut.

I originally pre-ordered a premium. But.. if I can get a pro should I just do it? What’s the big difference to people that have played both. I have a Godzilla pro and love it and I’ve played the premium.

Also, I already have a shaker motor, topper, side armor, blades, and a few other goodies.... I’m in too deep to not get a Deadpool now haha

Any advice on pro vs premium is greatly appreciated

#11759 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I originally pre-ordered a premium. But.. if I can get a pro should I just do it? What’s the big difference to people that have played both. I have a Godzilla pro and love it and I’ve played the premium.
Also, I already have a shaker motor, topper, side armor, blades, and a few other goodies.... I’m in too deep to not get a Deadpool now haha

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any DP. Period.

I have a Premium, but if it's a long wait, then get a pro, see if you like it (you will). Then, when your premium gets in, decide to sell the pro or not. It's literally my favorite pin, so I would get one no matter what it takes; but, that's me.

#11760 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Same clunky shot, to me at least. I played the premium a lot before I got my pro and that shot feels the same to me.

Anyone else have an opinion on the right orbit on pro versus premium?

#11761 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone else have an opinion on the right orbit on pro camera premium?

Theres a tech keyed post I thin about it. Remove that little bent rail on the right of the inner orbit. I'll see if I can find the post..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/229#post-6692952

#11762 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

From your posts you seem newer and just want to have fun playing pinball and you seem to really enjoy finally owning them. Good for you!

Some who have been around the block get caught up on some features missing on a pro that take away from their pinball experience on a game. Others pretty much have just as much fun playing either. Depends on which type of person you are. Keep in mind some folks have a dozen other games to shoot so no big loss if they don’t have DP either model.

Shoot for a Prem if you have the coin but I would just grab a pro if you have access to one soon. Prem NIB wait is an unknown. Stern and your Distro also, need to pull through for you . Pro plays great and is a ton of fun. As we get closer to Summer perhaps more info will come out which will help you make a decision also.

Good luck!

#11763 2 years ago

I love my Pro, it's an absolute blast, & i've never seen a premium, so, what I don't know doesn't hurt me right?!!?

#11764 2 years ago

Deadpool is one of the games that the differences between models just isn't very pronounced in my opinion. For gameplay its really just the drop targets and the loop mech. Non gameplay you get the disco ball. I love drop targets for sure. Loop mech is cool too. But look at the price differences. NIB its 2000. Secondary market its something crazy like 4-5k difference. Use that cash on something else and play the heck out of a pro.

This is coming from someone who updated a Metallica and LZ to premiums.

#11765 2 years ago

I’m going to try and get on a list for a
Premium. Don’t mind the wait for right now. I’ve only played a pro but really enjoyed it.

#11766 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Deadpool is one of the games that the differences between models just isn't very pronounced in my opinion. For gameplay its really just the drop targets and the loop mech. Non gameplay you get the disco ball. I love drop targets for sure. Loop mech is cool too. But look at the price differences. NIB its 2000. Secondary market its something crazy like 4-5k difference. Use that cash on something else and play the heck out of a pro.
This is coming from someone who updated a Metallica and LZ to premiums.

This is true. You don't get much for the extra money, and you can really pimp a pro out for that difference.
Full pinwoofer, shaker, blades, comet lighting inc spotlights for the center, speaker lights, powder coating, side armour.

You could pretty much get all that for the difference.

BTW, i think the pro plays heaps better than the premium in LZ. That spinner is ok, but it comes with posts.

#11767 2 years ago

I already have the topper, side armor, blades, shaker motor, ninja stars and shooter rod. I plan on putting a pinwoofer system in it regardless of model. When I look at the matrix sheet it just looks like you actually get more for the extra money, I get its figurines and pop up shooters AND the disco ball mode, but that 'sounds' like cool extras to me. I'm going to try to get whatever I can get at this point. I just planned on this being a part of my collection for a long time so wanted a premium.

I'm half tempted to sell the topper and side armor and just take that money and my deposit and putting it towards a pro. Would save me a ton of money.

#11768 2 years ago

I think you guys are crazy if you’re not seeing the additions of a premium being worth it. The left loop shot on the premium is just as, if not more, satisfying than the katana ramp or snikT shots. It is such a fun shot. The alternative is it going into the pops EVERY time - no thanks.

The drops are actually fantastically coded on this game and create a lot of randomness. Sometimes your hitting drop targets, other times your aiming for a specific drop but because others are in the down position you’re getting wild bounces from a rubber or rubber/drop shot.

#11769 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think you guys are crazy if you’re not seeing the additions of a premium being worth it. The left loop shot on the premium is just as, if not more, satisfying than the katana ramp or snikT shots. It is such a fun shot. The alternative is it going into the pops EVERY time - no thanks.
The drops are actually fantastically coded on this game and create a lot of randomness. Sometimes your hitting drop targets, other times your aiming for a specific drop but because others are in the down position you’re getting wild bounces from a rubber or rubber/drop shot.

the orbit shot was enough for me to justify it. I am typically not keen on a premium unless it makes the game more fun (not slower or stop and go like some premiums do). I think this game is a premium

#11770 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The alternative is it going into the pops EVERY time - no thanks.

This is my thought as well with the pro. Higher multipliers and scores with the pro because you are in the pops way more often but that isn’t as much fun as loops feel great on the premium.

#11771 2 years ago

Haven't played either much, like 2-3 games on each, but the full loop shot and drop targets is enough for me with gameplay. For me, the more shot options that have those kinds of flow, the better.

As far as the cabinet art, showed my wife all three without telling her what each version was, she liked the premium the most... So all in all, enough to make that call

#11772 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

This is my thought as well with the pro. Higher multipliers and scores with the pro because you are in the pops way more often but that isn’t as much fun as loops feel great on the premium.

I would actually disagree and say higher scores are more likely on the premium. The drop targets on the premium slow the ball down compared to stand ups on the pro. Also the left orbit to right inlane on the premium allows you to collect BOOMS all day. This makes battles and quests easier to complete.

#11773 2 years ago

Yup. I upgraded from a Pro to a Premium and it was the orbit ramp that sold me. It just adds way more flow to the game.

#11774 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yup. I upgraded from a Pro to a Premium and it was the orbit ramp that sold me. It just adds way more flow to the game.

How is the right orbit on premium compared to pro? Same clunky shot?

#11775 2 years ago

Wish i had a pinball machine for every time this has been discussed in this thread.

#11776 2 years ago

The disco loop is my favorite shot on the premium, which isn’t available on the pro. However, I think I’d prefer the stand up targets of the pro vs the drop targets on my prem.

I don’t think one is overall better than the other, it’s just there are some key gameplay differences that suit different preferences (besides just the price).

#11777 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wish i had a pinball machine for every time this has been discussed in this thread.

You’d need a few aircraft hangars to fit that many machines

#11778 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

You’d need a few aircraft hangars to fit that many machines

I'd be a physical IPDB.

#11779 2 years ago

You really can’t just say get a pro or pay $2000 more to get a Prem and have most go with “yeah just get a Prem then” and do this comparison anymore.

Now it’s
1. Will I be able to get either one NIB in the next 6 months?
2. A HUO Prem will run you not $2000 but $4000 more over a Pro
3. Will I be able to find a HUO or PREM FS locally in the next 6 months?

The disco loop is great but look at the above and pretend you don’t own DP yet and want one. Things have changed Unfortunately. I think I DP pro is much better than many other Sterns even Prems.

#11780 2 years ago

Unless you are in Australia, in which case you cannot find any Deadpools on the second hand market.

Once in a blue moon an LE will pop up looking for a specific swap, but that's it. It's NIB or get something else.

#11781 2 years ago

So.... who preordered a DP Premium (or Pro if no one responds) and doesn't want it anymore? Hahahaha I'll take it!

#11782 2 years ago

It has been discussed to death - but it comes down to personal preference and budget. When I got my Deadpool Pro around 2 1/2 years ago, the Pro fit my budget better and NIB was available for immediate delivery.

I love the Pro and have over 4500 games played on mine and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. With that said - I'm sure I would love the Premium as well.

On AIQ I went Premium and the Captain Marvel ramp is currently my single most favorite shot in pinball, but many love the Pro version which doesn't have that shot.

There really is no right or wrong.

#11783 2 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Not according the the marketplace ads on here... some crazy prices being asked...

That's why I don't buy from the marketplace

#11784 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

How is the right orbit on premium compared to pro? Same clunky shot?

I don't have my Premium yet as it is still at the Powder Coaters. Hopefully I'll have it in the next few weeks.

#11785 2 years ago

My premium landed this afternoon. We are currently in the 4th level of ice Hell, so a nice 4 day weekend to get acquainted is on deck. Just got it leveled and dialed in perfect, and oh buddy. I see why everyone loves this game so much.

#11786 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree but that said I think this game is one of the few titles, as others have mentioned in the past that you can save a few bucks with buying a pro. That said I do not believe you can ever mod out a pro enough to make it a premium machine. I own only premiums as with my deadpool simply, I want the very most the game can ever offer. I hate the idea of stripping away toys and modes to bring the cost down.

#11787 2 years ago

While waiting on both my Deadpool and Godzilla I found this awesome print. I think I need it.

7FA8614D-2ED0-422B-A450-1569A94CB32B (resized).jpeg7FA8614D-2ED0-422B-A450-1569A94CB32B (resized).jpeg
#11788 2 years ago

Anyone else see Ninja MB restarts since you installed the latest code? I.e. I lose the next to last ball and get awarded the MB total and then for some reason I get more balls and I think I've started some other round but them once that ends u get the new Ninja MB total (I don't know if it awards them both on top of each other) I just don't think I've seem NMB restarts before

#11789 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone else see Ninja MB restarts since you installed the latest code? I.e. I lose the next to last ball and get awarded the MB total and then for some reason I get more balls and I think I've started some other round but them once that ends u get the new Ninja MB total (I don't know if it awards them both on top of each other) I just don't think I've seem NMB restarts before

Is it possible you are getting Add-A-Ball out of the Mystery Scoop right after you drain your 2nd to last ball? I know Disco MB has a very generous grace period after you drain your 2nd last ball as I have seen my Disco MB jackpot total and then have it start back up again. I can't recall if I have done this with Ninja MB though.

#11790 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is it possible you are getting Add-A-Balninja at of the Mystery Scoop right after you drain your 2nd to last ball? I know Disco MB has a very generous grace period after you drain your 2nd last ball as I have seen my Disco MB jackpot total and then have it start back up again. I can't recall if I have done this with Ninja MB though.

It happens with ninja mb too.

#11791 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It happens with ninja mb too.

OK guys, thanks
Maybe it's just a coincidence

#11792 2 years ago

It has arrived, unfortunately had to leave town on business. Got a ton of mods and accessories to install when I get back, so it'll be a while before that first ball flip

New Translucent Titans throughout
Mezel CLiP protectors set, red 3mm kit
Cointaker Side mirror blades
Stern Shaker
Invisiglass
Official Topper and Shooter Rod
Lucxor Katana replacement
Hooked on Pinball Pop ninja star replacement
Translucent lil Deadpool drops and lighting
Cliffy's for Katana ramp and shooter lane
External Klipsch Sub out
Comet Fosted Sunlight Light Kit and spot light installs
Pingraffix Flipper Toppers
Pinmonk Quietfan

Eventually get powder coat, red with sparkle flake
20220203_144655~2 (resized).jpg20220203_144655~2 (resized).jpg20220203_162359 (resized).jpg20220203_162359 (resized).jpg

#11793 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It has arrived, unfortunately had to leave town on business. Got a ton of mods and accessories to install when I get back, so it'll be a while before that first ball flip
New Translucent Titans throughout
Mezel CLiP protectors set, red 3mm kit
Cointaker Side mirror blades
Stern Shaker
Invisiglass
Official Topper and Shooter Rod
Lucxor Katana replacement
Hooked on Pinball Pop ninja star replacement
Translucent lil Deadpool drops and lighting
Cliffy's for Katana ramp and shooter lane
External Klipsch Sub out
Comet Fosted Sunlight Light Kit and spot light installs
Pingraffix Flipper Toppers
Pinmonk Quietfan
Pinmonk Tiberian Breeze
Eventually get powder coat, red with sparkle flake[quoted image][quoted image]

If I have mods already in hand when I get a pin, I still have to play it a fair amount before I can break away and put a few mods in at a time.

#11794 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If I have mods already in hand when I get a pin, I still have to play it a fair amount before I can break away and put a few mods in at a time.

Normally I do as well, I just had such a long wait for this title, I started accumulating mods way in advance, now my OCD won't let me play until it's done

#11795 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Normally I do as well, I just had such a long wait for this title, I started accumulating mods way in advance, now my OCD won't let me play until it's done

I'd play a couple games to make sure all is well first. Then add mods and any that might cause a failure play a game directly after each install. Easier to troubleshoot problems.

#11796 2 years ago

I have mods for some of my machines that I haven’t installed and have had for over a year!

I’ll get to them one day…

#11797 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I'd play a couple games to make sure all is well first. Then add mods and any that might cause a failure play a game directly after each install. Easier to troubleshoot problems.

Yeah, I'll probably do that for the possible game affecting ones like the clip accessories

#11798 2 years ago

I like to dial in games before anything. Some times you find big issues in nib games so spending hours adding mods makes no sense to me.
A friend just got a nib rush and all flipper assys were overtorqued, assys came off with chunks of wood and needs a pf swap.
Distro is taking care of it.

All that to say I am not doing anything on a game until about it is 200+ plays on it

#11799 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I like to dial in games before anything. Some times you find big issues in nib games so spending hours adding mods makes no sense to me.
A friend just got a nib rush and all flipper assys were overtorqued, assys came off with chunks of wood and needs a pf swap.
Distro is taking care of it.
All that to say I am not doing anything on a game until about it is 200+ plays on it

I hear you, makes sense in troubleshooting versus changing at much then trying to isolate issues if any

#11800 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I hear you, makes sense in troubleshooting versus changing at much then trying to isolate issues if any

Btw, since you’re going heavy on the mods, I highly recommend PinMonk’s color gels for the playfield and back panel inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/236?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.