(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 324.
#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

It draws some influences, but largely Stern was allowed to create their own content and "extend" the license as they saw fit. If you check out Episode #30 of "Just Another Pinball Podcast" they talk about the licensing and content quite a bit. It's also a great all around podcast episode, lots of cool details about the making of the machine.
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

Awesome. Thanks
I was curious about roller skating Dracula and Megakrakaladonus Rex (which a quick google search revealed almost nothing) and maybe a few other things

#11552 2 years ago

Several months away but hope when the premiums get made with the IC, that it gets that extended apron art love. Would be a shame to cut a character. Dont want to lose out on cable+deadpool

#11553 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Several months away but hope when the premiums get made with the IC, that it gets that extended apron art love. Would be a shame to cut a character. Dont want to lose out on cable+deadpool

I have an IC kit on the way. I am leaning towards doing the coin door install. Obviously things are different for IC factory install vs the upgrade kit though.

#11554 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have an IC kit on the way. I am leaning towards doing the coin door install. Obviously things are different for IC factory install vs the upgrade kit though.

Not sure if I saw right but think I saw the Batman run from last month have full apron art...so lets see if thats the trend. Think if its done quick/lazily and just remove the character for the reader and stickers, I'll move it to the coin door and look for modding options to add back in the little cutout. 7 months out, so I shouldnt be worrying about it

#11555 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Not sure if I saw right but think I saw the Batman run from last month have full apron art...so lets see if thats the trend. Think if its done quick/lazily and just remove the character for the reader and stickers, I'll move it to the coin door and look for modding options to add back in the little cutout. 7 months out, so I shouldnt be worrying about it

Batman already had that before IC though right?

#11556 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Batman already had that before IC though right?

Sorta I guess. I see now the comparison looking in that thread. Same full art, but they moved robin to the right side and added the QR border and text where he was.

#11557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So are any of you guys really into the Deadpool comic and can talk about how accurate the game is? Or maybe where they took some "license" for lack of a better term?

No idea if this kind of thing matters to you, but Stern did get Brian Posehn to work on the machine - I assume writing call outs and such. Whether things stick to established comics canon or not - no idea at all. But the vibe for the humor should be in line with Brian's work in the comics.

#11558 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Is the only rule sheet in the tilt forums? If so it seems that one needs updating....thoughts?

What is out of date on Tilt? 1.06 is the latest code but other than bug fixes I don't think it introduced any changes to scoring or progression.

#11559 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

No idea if this kind of thing matters to you, but Stern did get Brian Posehn to work on the machine - I assume writing call outs and such. Whether things stick to established comics canon or not - no idea at all. But the vibe for the humor should be in line with Brian's work in the comics.

Thanks

#11560 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

What is out of date on Tilt? 1.06 is the latest code but other than bug fixes I don't think it introduced any changes to scoring or progression.

There are still questions listed...in disco loops,and lil deadpool MB just to name a few...

#11561 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Add to this - there is the possibility your machine build could actually get cancelled entirely and bingo, you've wasted 12 months waiting for a machine that is never actually going to arrive.

My biggest worry trying to get a DP is holding out on a pre-order, Stern cancels future production, and all the DPs on the market skyrocket in price.

#11562 2 years ago

My plastic above VUK broke, and I can’t find the part number in the manual. Stern referrers me to my distributor, and my distributor needs a part number to order. What a cluster…. Any help with the part number is appreciated. Thx.

#11563 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotman:

My plastic above VUK broke, and I can’t find the part number in the manual. Stern referrers me to my distributor, and my distributor needs a part number to order. What a cluster…. Any help with the part number is appreciated. Thx.

So whatever the typical deadpool plastic part number is, this one is -61
And it's not in the manual, I looked.

I also looked at marcospec, but I'm still not sure what the prefix is

20220119_081149 (resized).jpg20220119_081149 (resized).jpg
#11564 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a topper, I bought one here. It is expensive but I like it. I got the topper delivered and he says he has a few more in stock. I doubt they are going to make any more toppers so not many more options out there.

https://classicgamerooms.com/pinball-parts/deadpool-pinball-machine-topper-detail.html

#11565 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotman:

Weird, same thing happened to me a couple months ago and Stern’s customer service sent me a replacement plastic for free.

Btw, once you do get the new piece I recommend also installing a plastic protector under it. Seems that piece takes a fair amount of abuse.

#11566 2 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday! Really excited to have this in my collection. Now it’s time for some chimichangas!

7D07429C-BF8E-40EE-A895-6200DF6169FB (resized).jpeg7D07429C-BF8E-40EE-A895-6200DF6169FB (resized).jpeg933B835C-8817-43BF-AA10-66ABF2D29F99 (resized).jpeg933B835C-8817-43BF-AA10-66ABF2D29F99 (resized).jpeg
#11567 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Weird, same thing happened to me a couple months ago and Stern’s customer service sent me a replacement plastic for free.

Crazy, when I contacted Stern they said they do not provide single plastics, I'd have to purchase a full set.

#11568 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Crazy, when I contacted Stern they said they do not provide single plastics, I'd have to purchase a full set.

I messed up a plastic on a TMNT Pro recently, and had to buy an entire set. I try to get full sets of plastic protectors to protect as many plastics as I can, but I was fixing something with super glue, and accidentally had a drop of super glue land on the top of a plastic. Oops. So I just bought the whole set. Maybe I can trade or sell some of the plastics later when people are restoring TMNTs in 10-20 years, LOL.

#11569 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

There are still questions listed...in disco loops,and lil deadpool MB just to name a few...

I think the disco loop question is mine, what is the question about lil DP MB? And if I recall Clone MB doesn't have any info.

It's a wiki so if you have an account with enough permissions you can add to it to fill in the gaps.

#11570 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I think the disco loop question is mine, what is the question about lil DP MB? And if I recall Clone MB doesn't have any info.
It's a wiki so if you have an account with enough permissions you can add to it to fill in the gaps.

Right. I don't know the game that well, I was hoping people who knew more than me could update it. Kinda surprised someone hasn't

#11571 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Right. I don't know the game that well, I was hoping people who knew more than me could update it. Kinda surprised someone hasn't

It is pretty dang complete. I see there is a question on there about Lil DP Frenzy high score which I can confirm has been fixed as of 1.06.

Perhaps someone with a Prem/LE can help answer this one but I do not see any reason why it would be different than the Pro save for alternating between modes, but here we go. Are these the thresholds for qualifying Disco Loops and Disco MB?
* 60 Spins = Disco Loops
* 120 Spins = Disco MB
* rinse and repeat the above alternating between Loops and MB with an additional 60 spins each time.

Clone MB I have not been into enough to comment on but I have been thinking about watching some videos of late game and taking notes for this Wiki, I just have never gotten around to it.

#11572 2 years ago

Do you only get one shot at megakrackaladonus or can you drain and then finish the fight on another ball?

#11573 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Do you only get one shot at megakrackaladonus or can you drain and then finish the fight on another ball?

1 shot as far as I can tell but I'm often here on my last ball.

So if you drain I'm pretty sure you "complete" that mode and cannot do it again until you complete the entire game and re qualify it.

#11574 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

So if you drain I'm pretty sure you "complete" that mode and cannot do it again until you complete the entire game and re qualify it.

I get that feeling as well. But somehow I think you can still get to the final battle? Not sure ...

#11575 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I get that feeling as well. But somehow I think you can still get to the final battle? Not sure ...

I believe you are correct but the stars have not aligned for me yet. I've done Megakrak or Clone but never both in the same game. Yet...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11576 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Quoted from Smack:

Quoted from glpinball:

You get one shot at each wizard mode, but if you fail and have balls left you can continue with the game, but not that wizard mode again.

#11577 2 years ago

Alright DeadPool owners. I know this question has been asked and yes I read through many post about the same question but… Pro or Premium? I know the price difference is greater then it was a year ago so just debating if the Premium is worth the upgrade. What say you?

#11578 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Alright DeadPool owners. I know this question has been asked and yes I read through many post about the same question but… Pro or Premium? I know the price difference is greater then it was a year ago so just debating if the Premium is worth the upgrade. What say you?

Buy whatever you can find lol. I have the premium would have been just as happy with the pro.

#11579 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You get one shot at each wizard mode, but if you fail and have balls left you can continue with the game, but not that wizard mode again.

We could add that to the rulesheet

#11580 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

We could add that to the rulesheet

Go for it!

#11581 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

They actually sent me the full set for free, heh. At first they weren’t sure if they had any in stock so I ordered another set from Marco (I think). So now I have a bunch of back up plastics.

#11582 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I believe you are correct but the stars have not aligned for me yet. I've done Megakrak or Clone but never both in the same game. Yet...

I’m jealous. I have yet to reach either after ~1,000 games. I need to git gud.

#11583 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

They actually sent me the full set for free, heh. At first they weren’t sure if they had any in stock so I ordered another set from Marco (I think). So now I have a bunch of back up plastics.

Wow. A full set is worth like $200 USD! Nice one.

I cannot complain at all though as Stern replaced a node board for me out of warranty no questions asked. Didn't even have to send the old one back which is great cause it works fine save for the EB light flakes out after a while.

#11584 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’m jealous. I have yet to reach either after ~1,000 games. I need to git gud.

Megakrakaladonous to me is easier to get to but by no means is it a guarantee. But to qualify it I put emphasis on chimis, and any time I have the option to start a Quest I always choose that over a Battle so once done I can start qualifying the next one. If you can stage 2 balls in the Katana this is great to take into Megalodon as that mode can be a pain in the butt. Then as long as I can get a few teamups for the Battles those are pretty easy to get through.

Just my 2 cents and certainly way easier said than done.

#11585 2 years ago

My best Megakrakolodonus Rex Wizard Mode!

#11586 2 years ago

Is this a known bug? I just played a few games then switched the machine off. I keep track of my scores so record them but forgot to write the last game down before switching it off so switched it back on. Strangely, the machine showed the score from not the last game played, not the game before that but the one before that!. As far as I know every machine I've ever owned showed the last score when switched on. Bug?

#11587 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is this a known bug? I just played a few games then switched the machine off. I keep track of my scores so record them but forgot to write the last game down before switching it off so switched it back on. Strangely, the machine showed the score from not the last game played, not the game before that but the one before that!. As far as I know every machine I've ever owned showed the last score when switched on. Bug?

I have had this happening a few times also on Deadpool but not on any other game. Can´t say which score it showed but it wasn´t the last one for sure.

#11588 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I have never noticed that happening. Can't say that I've looked for it every time I power the game on though, but sometimes I do hit both flippers to see what last score was after a power on.

#11589 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

This has happened to me as well. Here is my theory which could be complete BS, but there are times when I am done playing that once I see my final score and match I power the game off. But this is during the post game "attract mode" where music is still playing so my theory is it is not retaining the score when it is this state and maybe only does once the music stops? Doesn't make a ton of sense but that's my story and I am stickin' to it.

#11590 2 years ago

I've got an insider kit coming tomorrow my for DP Premium. I noticed the source file on stern.com for the code updates has "le" in the name. Has anyone updated to 1.06 and confirmed that the image on the stern code page is indeed the premium code.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
or
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
DP Code Name (resized).pngDP Code Name (resized).png

#11591 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

I've got an insider kit coming tomorrow my for DP Premium. I noticed the source file on stern.com for the code updates has "le" in the name. Has anyone updated to 1.06 and confirmed that the image on the stern code page is indeed the premium code.
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
or
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
[quoted image]

Yes, the Premium and LE's use the same code.

#11592 2 years ago

I dropped my flipper angles from the bats pointed at the little alignment holes, to the top edge of the bat (not rubber) aiming at the holes. What a difference. Hitting the kitana ramp and left ramp like there’s no tomorrow. Right orbit is a little less clunky as well. Just throwing this out there in case anyone is not hitting the ramps as often as you’d like. Maybe this will help

#11593 2 years ago

I am pretty sure that is how George Gomez suggests you set it up too. I think he talks about this in the Just Another Pinball Podcast he was on. I highly suggest this episode for any Deadpool owner, but it is a great interview all around.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

Mine are aligned pretty much in the middle and have been too stubborn to change it. If I rebuild the flippers maybe I'll do it

#11594 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I am pretty sure that is how George Gomez suggests you set it up too. I think he talks about this in the Just Another Pinball Podcast he was on. I highly suggest this episode for any Deadpool owner, but it is a great interview all around.
Mine are aligned pretty much in the middle and have been too stubborn to change it. If I rebuild the flippers maybe I'll do it

This podcast was great I just listened to it yesterday. He said the center the flipper bat should be in line w the the screws in the inline plastic. So right in the middle.

#11595 2 years ago

Anyone do the knocker add on? I cant seem to find the KNOCKER INSTALLED setting. Its supposed to be in the std adjustments....

#11596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone do the knocker add on? ..

Aghhh!

#11597 2 years ago
#11598 2 years ago

I figured it out. Thanks anyway

#11599 2 years ago

Hey gang. BOOM button question. I had a MB and a battle going. I got the red boom button and hit it hoping it would take care of all the battle requirements...but it didn't, I'm sure it would if it was Just the battle...so I guess it awarded all the MB shots...

Thoughts?

#11600 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey gang. BOOM button question. I had a MB and a battle going. I got the red boom button and hit it hoping it would take care of all the battle requirements...but it didn't, I'm sure it would if it was Just the battle...so I guess it awarded all the MB shots...
Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure it will award all lit shots... MB and Battle.

Depending on how many Team-ups you had, all lit shots may not have been enough to end the battle, especially if it was during the "Taunt" portion of Juggernaut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/232?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.