(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 324.
#11451 2 years ago

Joined the club this weekend!

However I have an issue with the Wolverine spinner. The ball will hit it and it won’t spin or it will be rejected backwards. I think this is because the pitch of the spinner is at an angle, where the bottom is pitched forward. There is some damage at the bottom of the spinner as well, which shows this is the case. Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Thanks! Super excited to play it!!!

1D909B4A-0678-4509-8094-03609AFFE5FD (resized).jpeg1D909B4A-0678-4509-8094-03609AFFE5FD (resized).jpeg9AA0AC76-3607-416D-BADD-22C547583DEB (resized).jpeg9AA0AC76-3607-416D-BADD-22C547583DEB (resized).jpeg
#11452 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

However I have an issue with the Wolverine spinner. The ball will hit it and it won’t spin or it will be rejected backwards. I think this is because the pitch of the spinner is at an angle, where the bottom is pitched forward. There is some damage at the bottom of the spinner as well, which shows this is the case. Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Thanks! Super excited to play it!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The left spinner bracket arm needs to be bent to the left to make it parallel to the right. Then the spinner arms may need to be bent to make the spinner hang straight down or at least perpendicular to the floor.

#11453 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from wtatumjr:

The left spinner bracket arm needs to be bent to the left to make it parallel to the right. Then the spinner arms may need to be bent to make the spinner hang straight down or at least perpendicular to the floor.

As wtatumjr mentioned - the spinner needs to come to a rest hanging straight down. May also need to adjust the switch arm if it is adding too much resistance.

#11454 2 years ago

That thing should spin no problem at any angle. Is it binding on the right side? Looks like it could scooch to left a bit?

Edit - maybe the lifted left side IS making the right side bind?

#11455 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Bending the whole thing to the left was the main culprit. I didn’t consider that. I appreciate everyone’s responses. I’ve been waiting for this machine for a while and this was the only damper on my enjoyment.

Can’t wait to play tonight!!!!

#11456 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, when I shoot the right orbit under the sword, what is my ball hitting and slowing down from time to time? The very bottom of the sword? Should I raise it a couple washers or something?

mine tends to slow down, at times, but I'm pretty sure its NOT hitting the sword. YMMV

#11457 2 years ago

damage inside the Pop bumpers. Also if your in a team up, you may be getting more damage on them than you think for that also.

I think that's what I'm trying to understand.
There seems to be "extra credit " damage given, probably in team ups,
but I'm not sure I saw that in the rulesheet.
I think that may need a lil updating.

#11458 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Right. I think its switch hits. Pops do more damage than say a spinner though unless the spinner is lit.

Thanks for the response, but I thought the spinners only added damage if they are lit.
Same for bumpers, I thought they only added damage if it spelled that out.

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Could it be the little mini-guide? See below from 3y ago:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, interesting...

#11460 2 years ago

Bending the whole thing to the left was the main culprit. I didn’t consider that. I appreciate everyone’s responses. I’ve been waiting for this machine for a while and this was the only damper on my enjoyment.
Can’t wait to play tonight!!!!

When I got my DP used, the wolverine spinner was not that active.
That "spinner and hanger bracket" are replaceable.
That's what I did w mine and the difference was UFB.

IT seems silly for a 56 yr old to be so excited by a spinner but once I replaced it, it spun like CRAZY and made a huge difference!
Mine was the same, bracket started to bend up to the left,
ball started hitting and damaging the bottom of the spinner.
I bent it back down a few times, but you know how metal acts,
once it's fatigued, even if you bend it back,
its always weaker.

demandecan55 they were pretty smart in designing this, because you just replace the bracket,
it screws onto that ballguide/wall...
BE CAREFUL you will still have to remove that ballguide, to replace the bracket and some have had paint damage under that.
ALSO, BE CAREFUL when you unscrew those teeny little black screws.
Mine seemed to have a locking compound on them (Not sure if that is factory)
and its easy to strip them, so BE SURE you have the right size small phillips.
Also I just slowly took the sticker off w a razorblade and just pressed it onto the new spinner.
Amazingly, it NEVER came off.

Hope this helps.
Good luck! from Pasadena, Md

#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Wow, interesting...

Still have it removed to this day, plays great!

#11462 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Could it be the little mini-guide? See below from 3y ago:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have been considering this. My right orbit often jostles and wraps around into the shooter lane. I though I had magnetized balls somehow at first. It looks like that Godzilla magnet shot sometimes, the way it goes full speed into the right orbit but rips over to to right QUICKLY.
You haven't found any issue with this bracket being removed eh?

Screenshot_20220105-103524_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220105-103524_Gallery (resized).jpg
#11463 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thanks for the response, but I thought the spinners only added damage if they are lit.
Same for bumpers, I thought they only added damage if it spelled that out.

Check out Jack's video. This should take you right to the juggernaut fight. Watch that he is getting damage even though he hasn't lit any of the shots yet via the dead and pool targets. Hitting random stuff gets you progression, just significantly less than a lit shot or a teamup added in.

This is one of those games that has a ton going on. I can still pick up little things on it or things that I forgot haha.

#11464 2 years ago

Hey Deadpool owners,

May be the wrong thread but curious about long term damage.

Recently got some mirror blades for my DP Prem.

On a mates recommendation, used some button head wafer screws. I have used double sided tape previously but wanted something more permanent.

Putting the playfield back down I felt resistance and with a very soft push it fell into position. Lifting it up the next day I could feel some more resistance and it required some jiggling to get it up. I can now see on the sides of the playfield, some indents from the screws. On the wood.

Does this need to be rectified to stop the playfield from cracking, splinting over time or can I get away with it as it will fit to the resistance over time?

Cheers,
Soda

#11465 2 years ago
Quoted from psychosoda:

Hey Deadpool owners,
On a mates recommendation, used some button head wafer screws. I have used double sided tape previously but wanted something more permanent.
Putting the playfield back down I felt resistance and with a very soft push it fell into position. Lifting it up the next day I could feel some more resistance and it required some jiggling to get it up. I can now see on the sides of the playfield, some indents from the screws. On the wood.
Does this need to be rectified to stop the playfield from cracking, splinting over time or can I get away with it as it will fit to the resistance over time?
Cheers,
Soda

Could possibly be your cabinet isn't square. Check everything with your level (both ways). So maybe your blades/screws protrude out too much or maybe your cabinet is a little off?

#11466 2 years ago
Quoted from psychosoda:

Hey Deadpool owners,
Cheers,
Soda

I wouldn't recommend those screws if they rub each time. I would use something with a flatter head or don't use screws. I don't think it will split the playfield though.

I have art blades on some games and mirror blades on one as well. Some games just don't have much clearance and you need to be very careful raising/lowering the playfield, but if it literally is rubbing on both sides where the screws are, I would change how the blades are secured.

#11467 2 years ago

Kinda dont like the display changes w the new 1.06 software. Not the end of the world, they did it to be consistent for the Connect feature, but now the different screens look different. It still works, just rather it didnt have to change.

#11468 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have been considering this. My right orbit often jostles and wraps around into the shooter lane. I though I had magnetized balls somehow at first. It looks like that Godzilla magnet shot sometimes, the way it goes full speed into the right orbit but rips over to to right QUICKLY.
You haven't found any issue with this bracket being removed eh?
[quoted image]

Do you think it's hitting the wire ball guide edge on the right? Seems like it should be to the right of the right ball guide rail. I don't own the game but if the wire ball guide is sitting pretty flush with the playfield, it may not impact the ball as it hugs the right ball guide rail.

#11469 2 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Do you think it's hitting the wire ball guide edge on the right? Seems like it should be to the right of the right ball guide rail. I don't own the game but if the wire ball guide is sitting pretty flush with the playfield, it may not impact the ball as it hugs the right ball guide rail.

I went the opposite route and tightened that bracket as well as the end of the shooter lane. The ball would bounce off the right orbit shooter lane diverter, then bounce off the little bracket mentioned earlier and into the shooter lane. Tightening everything up seems to have fixed the issue

#11470 2 years ago

A few years ago I started documenting all of my Pin's total plays each New Years day.

Received my Deadpool in early September 2019 and here's total plays from 1/1/2020, 1/1/21 & 1/1/2022...

IMG_7711 (resized).JPGIMG_7711 (resized).JPGIMG_9819 (resized).JPGIMG_9819 (resized).JPGIMG_2001 (resized).JPGIMG_2001 (resized).JPG
#11471 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

A few years ago I started documenting all of my Pin's total plays each New Years day.
Received my Deadpool in early September 2019 and here's total plays from 1/1/2020, 1/1/21 & 1/1/2022...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine in June 2020 and have 2500 plays.

#11472 2 years ago

Got mine in March 19 and my totals wold be similar. It was my only pin for a while and got a thrashing, but it's only turned on on Sunday comp days now.

#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Cool idea.

#11474 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That's hilarious I started that as well 2 years ago on new years I just write them in my maintenance log note for each machine instead of the pictures. I also write the date and play count for any maintenance or mod I do, it's a great resource!

#11475 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

That's hilarious I started that as well 2 years ago on new years I just write them in my maintenance log note for each machine instead of the pictures. I also write the date and play count for any maintenance or mod I do, it's a great resource!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11476 2 years ago

well after getting Deadpool premium again and waiting to play until cliffies came I finally got to play a bunch today. And did this. BY FAR and away my best game ever. Previous high was just over 1b last time I owned the game. GC on this machine was like 860m. Got 2.7b just now. 1 shot away from starting sinister......I was at 1.9b after ball 1 and the extra balls. Wow that was awesome...

20220108_220653129_iOS (resized).jpg20220108_220653129_iOS (resized).jpg
#11477 2 years ago

Received my Insider Connected kit and got it installed today and put some games in.

It's pretty cool with a lot of possibilities. I'm looking forward to what the future brings with this.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 213004 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-01-08 213004 (resized).jpg
#11478 2 years ago

Just a heads up, im starting to see playfield wear right behind the lil deadpool drop targets on that wooden edge. I put some mylar over it so hopefully that mitigates additional wear.

#11479 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Just a heads up, im starting to see playfield wear right behind the lil deadpool drop targets on that wooden edge. I put some mylar over it so hopefully that mitigates additional wear.

Cliffy has something for that spot, too.

#11480 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Cliffy has something for that spot, too.

Yep. I put it on my machine. Nice friction fit part. He makes great stuff.

#11481 2 years ago

Now that GZ has been around for a while, anyone own both DP and GZ? I keep a 3 pin collection and one of which is DP. Does GZ go well or should I only consider one or the other?

#11482 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I put some mylar there when new on mine... 4000+ plays later and still looking good!

I have the Cliffy and love his products, but I just didn't like the look there, personally.

#11483 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Now that GZ has been around for a while, anyone own both DP and GZ? I keep a 3 pin collection and one of which is DP. Does GZ go well or should I only consider one or the other?

Hopefully I'll be able to comment before too long... still waiting on my Godzilla Premium. Godzilla is one of my top themes.

Deadpool seems fun no matter what... I also have AIQ Premium and had heard it would be too similar with battles, etc.. but they are completely different.

#11484 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think they would compliment each other well. GZ has a ton of different paths you can focus on at any moment and not everything is coded yet. DP is more linear and a little easier. So GZ takes a little more thought while DP you can just play and enjoy. I love them both!

#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have a small 2 pin lineup of DP Pro and a SW Prem. My brother just got a Godzilla Prem, his only pin (so awesome I got him into pinball lol)
I would without a doubt put GZ in there as my 3rd pin and be a happy camper. I probably put 20 games on it and it might be the most fun pin I've ever played.

#11486 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I love DP so much. I’ve got a decision to make

#11487 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I love DP so much. I’ve got a decision to make

Out of your three games, deadpool is the last I would let leave. But that's just one guy's opinion.

#11488 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Out of your three games, deadpool is the last I would let leave. But that's just one guy's opinion.

I hear you. I recently acquired TSPP so that one is staying…for now anyway. GNR I really like and my family likes. I know if I sell it I’ll never own it again. I don’t like that feeling but that would hold true for all my games. I told myself I’d keep GNR until the next code update and go from there. God knows when that will be.

#11489 2 years ago

Buy GZ. It's really a great pin that gets even better once you know what to shoot for. GZ seems deeper than DP but both are very good.

#11490 2 years ago

I have DP, GZ is on order - can't wait to have both!!!

#11491 2 years ago

I have DP, GZ is on order - can't wait to have both!!!

I'm the opposite. I have a GZ pro, with a DP premium on order

I've played both quite a bit, and I think they are different enough to have in the same collection. It would be very very difficult to get rid of either.

#11492 2 years ago

AH! reading people really enjoying both games making me more excited for whenever (if ever?) the DP Prems are made this year. With limited experience atm, putting AIQ -> DP -> Godzilla... in enjoyability and prob 3 games that will be hard to let go once the lineup is set. Really want to try Iron Maiden, but still havent had a chance.

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

I'm the opposite. I have a GZ pro, with a DP premium on order
I've played both quite a bit, and I think they are different enough to have in the same collection. It would be very very difficult to get rid of either.

LOL, i'm extra opposite - as I have an DP pro, and have the GZ Prem on order, ahhaaha

#11494 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have a DP Pro and a GZ Pro, both great games that go well together. They are plenty different, so it's not like having two versions of the same game.

#11495 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I have DeadPool premium and Godzilla Premium. I plan on keeping both because they are both great games and they are very different from each other.

Only thing in common is the artwork but even that is different enough and its just the style of it that's similar (obviously because of Zombie Yeti).

#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

AH! reading people really enjoying both games making me more excited for whenever (if ever?) the DP Prems are made this year. With limited experience atm, putting AIQ -> DP -> Godzilla... in enjoyability and prob 3 games that will be hard to let go once the lineup is set. Really want to try Iron Maiden, but still havent had a chance.

Bought Maiden solely on loving the band, never played it before. No regrets at all!! Game kicks major ass!

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Bought Maiden solely on loving the band, never played it before. No regrets at all!! Game kicks major ass!

Thats a big driving factor as well, I lean towards being a metal head (generally 80s-early 00s) and cant get enough of IM when I put their albums on. Music alone was almost enough for me to think about putting BKSOR on my wishlist as well, but unfortunately the gameplay didnt really click to validate it. I dont really care one way or another for band pins unless it has some fantasy or story telling aspect, and seeing gameplay videos it seems the game is super up my alley.

#11498 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thats a big driving factor as well, I lean towards being a metal head (generally 80s-early 00s) and cant get enough of IM when I put their albums on. Music alone was almost enough for me to think about putting BKSOR on my wishlist as well, but unfortunately the gameplay didnt really click to validate it. I dont really care one way or another for band pins unless it has some fantasy or story telling aspect, and seeing gameplay videos it seems the game is super up my alley.

The game has tons to do, its fast and looks amazing. I wish a couple of the songs in it where different but that's my ONLY complaint. Cant stand the " can I play with madness song". Replace that with INVADERS and its a solid 10/10 . Now back to waiting for my DP Premium ....ugh! " they" are saying summer now?

#11499 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The game has tons to do, its fast and looks amazing. I wish a couple of the songs in it where different but that's my ONLY complaint. Cant stand the " can I play with madness song". Replace that with INVADERS and its a solid 10/10 . Now back to waiting for my DP Premium ....ugh! " they" are saying summer now?

August...our luck will be December if any.

#11500 2 years ago

Having a hard time finding where this wire solder broke!! Wondering if anyone can help me figure it out?!

4976ABB0-EBFD-46AE-A9B8-7C5CF9DD5703 (resized).jpeg4976ABB0-EBFD-46AE-A9B8-7C5CF9DD5703 (resized).jpeg992A7C61-20F0-4AE2-A841-3B4D63D43FA7 (resized).jpeg992A7C61-20F0-4AE2-A841-3B4D63D43FA7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/230?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.