(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,270 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by lowbeau67
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240420_085755037 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 326.
#11351 2 years ago

Wiggled some connections. Problem solved. Thanks.

#11352 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Still in the honeymoon phase on my DP Premium and am absolutely loving it. The music and callouts are some of the best Stern has ever done. I added a shaker motor and external sub and they both made a huge difference. I add subs to all my machines but none have made as big a difference as this one - the music just begs for upgraded bass.
I removed my inlane post rubbers to match factory, but I’m not sure it makes it any harder. It may even be easier with my style of play - now I can’t accidentally bounce a ball into the outlane from that rubber….

Shaker and external sub are excellent on Deadpool!

Yeah, the music and call outs are what makes the game the total package!

#11353 2 years ago

WTF I assumed that the premium would have a shaker…. We are creeping toward 8k. Sigh. Guess I missed that.

#11354 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

WTF I assumed that the premium would have a shaker…. We are creeping toward 8k. Sigh. Guess I missed that.

Premiums models just have full game features and different art packages. Never a shaker, art blades or any of the bells and whistles that come with an LE.
I put shakers and art blades in most of my games. They only cost <$300CDN (<$230? USD) for both add ons.
My distributor now charges $300 delivery/setup so I pick my games up myself in a rental van for $80 and feel like I have $220 "pinball money" in my pocket still.

#11355 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

How do you move the outlane posts on this machine? I bought mine used, and I'm not sure what the factory position should be. On the left side, there are two holes, and it is in the top hole. On the right side, there are three holes, and the post is in the top hole as well. I saw some people here say that on theirs, the outlane post on the right side was in the middle from the factory. I can use all the help I can get, so I might move mine to the middle. Do I need to lift the playfield to loosen the outlane posts and move them out?

Factory settings are top hole on the left,
middle on the right. Yes, you need to lift the playfield. It’s a fairly easy adjustment,
too.

#11356 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Still in the honeymoon phase on my DP Premium and am absolutely loving it. The music and callouts are some of the best Stern has ever done. I added a shaker motor and external sub and they both made a huge difference. I add subs to all my machines but none have made as big a difference as this one - the music just begs for upgraded bass.
I removed my inlane post rubbers to match factory, but I’m not sure it makes it any harder. It may even be easier with my style of play - now I can’t accidentally bounce a ball into the outlane from that rubber….

I also removed my in-lane rubbers. It
didn’t feel like there were more out lane drains, but I objectively noticed a drop in my scores. So I think it does make it the game subtly more difficult.

Importantly, the game plays faster with no in-lane rubbers, which I like a lot better. No more indecisive bouncing around up there; the ball picks a lane and sticks with it

#11357 2 years ago

A terminal broke off my scoop switch. Anybody know which replacement switch i need and where to find one? Stern warranty is taking forever and i'd like to get my DP back up and running.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.55.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.55.45 AM (resized).png
#11358 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

A terminal broke off my scoop switch. Anybody know which replacement switch i need and where to find one? Stern warranty is taking forever and i'd like to get my DP back up and running.
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Standard microswitch. Marcos/pinballlife/etc should have them. You can swap the actuator if you can't find the exact same one on one of the websites.

#11359 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Standard microswitch. Marcos/pinballlife/etc should have them. You can swap the actuator if you can't find the exact same one on one of the websites.

definitely always keep the actuator. do not throw it out, desolder and solder on the new one. Also buy yourself a few switches when ordering the new one. You can also try DigiKey or mouser to get the part rather than a pinball store.... maybe.

#11360 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

definitely always keep the actuator. do not throw it out, desolder and solder on the new one. Also buy yourself a few switches when ordering the new one. You can also try DigiKey or mouser to get the part rather than a pinball store.... maybe.

I keep a few of the long actuators on hand too since you can easily trim them to fit in a variety of situations. Really nice to have on hand when shopping out a game to find a missing or broken one.

#11361 2 years ago

Preordered a Deadpool Premium today, estimated production late Summer '22!

Would it be weird to have my employer just deposit a percentage of my paycheck into a Pinball savings account? Looks like I'll basically be doing the same thing by hand each pay period...

#11362 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Preordered a Deadpool Premium today, estimated production late Summer '22!
Would it be weird to have my employer just deposit a percentage of my paycheck into a Pinball savings account? Looks like I'll basically be doing the same thing by hand each pay period...

Back when i had a real job, right from a young man i would have my employer pay extra tax for me each week. Then when i did my tax return at the end of the year i'd get it all back. Couple of grand in the middle of the year is real handy for regos and coming up to xmas.

#11363 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Factory settings are top hole on the left,
middle on the right. Yes, you need to lift the playfield. It’s a fairly easy adjustment,
too.

Thanks! I'll move the right outlane. Lots of drains on that side, lol!

#11364 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Pretty common issue. I'm on my 3rd.
https://www.pinballlife.com/vuk-vertical-up-kicker-switch.html?Category_Code=

#11365 2 years ago

Question for folks who installed the katana ramp cliffy. I have a set coming. My katana ramp is sitting on the clearcoat. For install im assuming i need to loosen that up and place cliffy in? Do i then tighten it back down to lay on cliffy or let it sit slightly above the playfield?

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Question for folks who installed the katana ramp cliffy. I have a set coming. My katana ramp is sitting on the clearcoat. For install im assuming i need to loosen that up and place cliffy in? Do i then tighten it back down to lay on cliffy or let it sit slightly above the playfield?

a 0.05 cent washer does the job just as well and it is not as ugly nor oversized.

#11367 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

a 0.05 cent washer does the job just as well and it is not as ugly nor oversized.

Ive seen the washer fix as well, but i already ordered the whole cliffy set so i may as well use it.

#11368 2 years ago

I don't get the whole chimi thing on this game? How did I start it and what is it for?

#11369 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I don't get the whole chimi thing on this game? How did I start it and what is it for?

Repeated right orbit shots light chimis. Collecting them lights the two quests at the scoop.

#11370 2 years ago

Not sure if I can wait until summer of 22 for my deadpool premium, anyone near north canton oh that has one and wants to play let me know hahahaha

#11371 2 years ago

Thanks! Thats the one i ordered yesterday. Took the switch out and it had the part number printed on it. Nice because my stern microswitch search results weren't showing this one on pinballlife or marco.

#11372 2 years ago

Boom! Wife says I gotta wait till Christmas, but it’s gonna be merry indeed!!!

A5923120-8E01-453D-AC51-9FF39925FDE1 (resized).jpegA5923120-8E01-453D-AC51-9FF39925FDE1 (resized).jpeg
#11373 2 years ago

Getting some flow going during multiball and stacking modes on Deadpool on my way to a 5.1 Billion game!

#11374 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive seen the washer fix as well, but i already ordered the whole cliffy set so i may as well use it.

To each their own but I would just hold onto it. I have one as well and have yet to install it after the washer fix. I have pre-existing damage on the playfield here so if I do sell DP that would be an option for the new owner if they wanna cover it, but truly unless I am specifically looking for this damage to the clear/paint I never notice it, whereas the Cliffy there will stick out like a sore thumb.

In short, put washers under your ball guides and your left ramp, you will be thankful for it after a ton of plays. I also put some mylar down under the ball/ramp guides as well but that could be overkill as I had pre-existing wear when I got my machine.

#11375 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

To each their own but I would just hold onto it. I have one as well and have yet to install it after the washer fix. I have pre-existing damage on the playfield here so if I do sell DP that would be an option for the new owner if they wanna cover it, but truly unless I am specifically looking for this damage to the clear/paint I never notice it, whereas the Cliffy there will stick out like a sore thumb.
In short, put washers under your ball guides and your left ramp, you will be thankful for it after a ton of plays. I also put some mylar down under the ball/ramp guides as well but that could be overkill as I had pre-existing wear when I got my machine.

I put the cliffy protector on my game and don't even notice it being there. It definitely doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Its a pretty easy install too compared to some other machines I have installed his parts on.

#11376 2 years ago

Could anyone with the topper let me know how it’s supposed to behave/what it’s supposed to do and when? Thanks

#11377 2 years ago

Deadpool Side Armor / Side Rails?

Does any one have a picture of a Deadpool Pro, Preimum or LE with the side armor installed? Trying to get an idea of what it might look like? Can't seem to find a picture installed online?

#11378 2 years ago

Just search for side armor on this thread.

#11379 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I put the cliffy protector on my game and don't even notice it being there. It definitely doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Its a pretty easy install too compared to some other machines I have installed his parts on.

Still waiting in you to get tired on the game.. You've got to be close right!?!

#11380 2 years ago

Keep pushing upward!

24F6263A-DB9C-4FF4-B013-EF33202088A6 (resized).jpeg24F6263A-DB9C-4FF4-B013-EF33202088A6 (resized).jpeg8DE16CC0-9675-447F-B5E3-92E1401D3799 (resized).jpeg8DE16CC0-9675-447F-B5E3-92E1401D3799 (resized).jpeg
#11381 2 years ago

My best back to back games! 3.7B on Deadpool and 4.2B on AIQ!
Neither are my high score, but fun to do consecutively!

0E140070-5E59-42C0-AF4E-68FC2F377D60 (resized).jpeg0E140070-5E59-42C0-AF4E-68FC2F377D60 (resized).jpeg
#11382 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Still waiting in you to get tired on the game.. You've got to be close right!?!

man.... I dunno when I will get tired of this one. I have beat the game a few times and still love it. Such a great game.

#11383 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Im assuming its just loosen the ball guide from below, stick cliffy in, and then thighten it?

#11384 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im assuming its just loosen the ball guide from below, stick cliffy in, and then thighten it?

Pretty much yep. Maybe remove two nuts from below if I remember. Maybe it was just one. Not a hard install and it has the adhesive too.

#11385 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could anyone with the topper let me know how it’s supposed to behave/what it’s supposed to do and when? Thanks

Topper will have mode-specific patterns with the light sequencing. Deadpool will thumbs up when you do something good like hit a lit shot or defeat an enemy or whatnot, thumbs down when you miss a shot, hit an outlane, et cetera. Overall not the most dynamic topper, and to be honest it’s difficult to really pay attention to it much whilst playing. Overall adds a bit of extra fun and visual appeal for spectators.

#11386 2 years ago

Deadpool Pinball MXV Super Duper Secret Skill Shot Ninjapocalypse To Start Game!?!?!

#11387 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Topper will have mode-specific patterns with the light sequencing. Deadpool will thumbs up when you do something good like hit a lit shot or defeat an enemy or whatnot, thumbs down when you miss a shot, hit an outlane, et cetera. Overall not the most dynamic topper, and to be honest it’s difficult to really pay attention to it much whilst playing. Overall adds a bit of extra fun and visual appeal for spectators.

Thanks it seemed a little random so I wasn’t sure if it was working properly. Seems his thumb will be on the move alot then based on your play.

Should it stay in the thumbs up position if your playing well? Pretty sure even when I am hitting shots back to back it’s still on the move/spinning and stopping again at thumbs up.

#11388 2 years ago

We set up our Deadpool yesterday. Very good so far. Someone wasn't kidding when they recommended invisiglass! I must be spoiled with the premiums. Really bad glare.
Where do most people buy new glass? Any recommendations?

#11389 2 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

We set up our Deadpool yesterday. Very good so far. Someone wasn't kidding when they recommended invisiglass! I must be spoiled with the premiums. Really bad glare.
Where do most people buy new glass? Any recommendations?

Cointaker sells Invisiglass and Voodoo glass. I like them both and they seem very similar to me.

https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

You can also turn down the backbox lighting while in game mode which will help. BTW... Stern Premiums also have 'regular' glass, only LE's come with non-glare glass.

#11390 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You can also turn down the backbox lighting while in game mode which will help.

This helps a lot. I think I have mine turned down to about 30 during a game. It brightens back up after the game.

#11391 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks it seemed a little random so I wasn’t sure if it was working properly. Seems his thumb will be on the move alot then based on your play.
Should it stay in the thumbs up position if your playing well? Pretty sure even when I am hitting shots back to back it’s still on the move/spinning and stopping again at thumbs up.

It does move a lot, and seems like it’s not always in direct correlation with whatever you’re doing. Honestly I think I’d rather have it move less. Even just a thumbs direction at the time of plunge and then again when game is over would be enough for me. Since it’s not quite as interactive in real time as the one for BKSOR, I feel like less is more. It’s a real shame that they didn’t do something more like that one, as I think it would’ve been a much more complementary accessory. Unfortunately at the time they had no idea what people would be willing to pay for a topper so they were concerned about the cost being too high.

#11392 2 years ago

Another shout out to Luc and his replacement katana handle. Took less than 2 weeks to arrive from Europe. Awesome protective packaging. Easy install and looks fantastic. Was also surprised that he included a rainbow of insert choices for the handle. I went with red for now, but may change it up later on.

20211221_163337 (resized).jpg20211221_163337 (resized).jpg20211221_164707 (resized).jpg20211221_164707 (resized).jpg
#11393 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Cointaker sells Invisiglass and Voodoo glass. I like them both and they seem very similar to me.
https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass
You can also turn down the backbox lighting while in game mode which will help. BTW... Stern Premiums also have 'regular' glass, only LE's come with non-glare glass.

Thank you. I’ll have to research the difference between voodo and invisi? Definitely will turn down backlight.
Good to know on Stern premiums. Strange. My Jurassic Park premium does not reflect at all. Even my wife commented on how hard it is to see the ball due to the glare on DP and not the others.

#11394 2 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Thank you. I’ll have to research the difference between voodo and invisi? Definitely will turn down backlight.
Good to know on Stern premiums. Strange. My Jurassic Park premium does not reflect at all. Even my wife commented on how hard it is to see the ball due to the glare on DP and not the others.

I really like the anti-glare glass. You could always put the glass from JP on Deadpool and see if the glare is less to compare. Usually the anti-glare glass will have a slight purple tint to it if looking at a direct reflection from a light.

#11395 2 years ago

Bummer, just heard from Distro today...DP Premium bumped to Late summer '22 July/August + $1000 price hike, no grandfather on old deposit price most likely...

Well crap...still getting it...just sucks

#11396 2 years ago

Someone in the German Forum is working on to Implement a Shooter ramp in to his DP-Pro. (https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/deadpool-pro-shooter-rampe.241020/)
He wants to stop the ball to get back to the shooterlane.
He also try to get a Left discoloop. i find it very Intressting.
Someone with a premium knows what triggers the right upper gate to open for discoloop?

I also dont like it when the ball get stuck on the small wire between the shooter lane and the right orbit.

#11397 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Someone in the German Forum is working on to Implement a Shooter ramp in to his DP-Pro.

That is really interesting. Please keep us posted as to how that progresses.

The latest post says they might try the Prem software to get that left orbit shot to open the top right gate. Curious if that will work.

#11398 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

That is really interesting. Please keep us posted as to how that progresses.
The latest post says they might try the Prem software to get that left orbit shot to open the top right gate. Curious if that will work.

Sure

He asked this question( why I asked ) :
Someone with a premium knows what triggers the right upper gate to open for discoloop?

The last post (30min ago ) was a request if no one has an idea or if he had to try the Prem software to test.

#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Someone in the German Forum is working on to Implement a Shooter ramp in to his DP-Pro. (https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/deadpool-pro-shooter-rampe.241020/)
He wants to stop the ball to get back to the shooterlane.
He also try to get a Left discoloop. i find it very Intressting.
I also dont like it when the ball get stuck on the small wire between the shooter lane and the right orbit.

I've never been a big fan of the trickle back into the shooter lane but it does open up those extra skill shot attempts

#11400 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've never been a big fan of the trickle back into the shooter lane but it does open up those extra skill shot attempts

This was also my first thoughts.
But I don't think it would bother me if I can't do this anymore. The bigger question for me is to change so much on the pinball. I think if this is done there is no going back.(without buying a new playfield)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/228?hl=kc_green and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.