(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 326.
#11301 2 years ago

I believe they already have.

#11302 2 years ago

They took a notch out of the beginning of the katana ramp guide, but every other place that touches the pf is at risk, including that guide. The katana ramp itself is also an issue. Raising all guides and ramps slightly off the playfield with nylon washers should help mitigate the issue(s). BTW, this is barely noticeable once done. And it hasn't impacted my play AFAIK (of course, I'm not that great so maybe it does!) It would be nice if Stern did that going forward. Regardless, it is a super fun machine whether you decide to do any additional pf protection or not.

#11303 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wiz blades are really really good. I tossed them on mine recently and I love them
https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades

Any chance you can post a pic showing off the blades installed. Still on the fence about mirror blades or art.

#11304 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any chance you can post a pic showing off the blades installed. Still on the fence about mirror blades or art.

42E66107-F374-4A06-9FA2-531B9695C31E (resized).jpeg42E66107-F374-4A06-9FA2-531B9695C31E (resized).jpeg766B9666-52D7-48D5-9BC3-37C363E48BDA (resized).jpeg766B9666-52D7-48D5-9BC3-37C363E48BDA (resized).jpeg
#11305 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Definitely still in there. Heard it last night while playing.

Oh thank the stars! I was a little worried cause I love that callout

#11306 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

They took a notch out of the beginning of the katana ramp guide, but every other place that touches the pf is at risk, including that guide. The katana ramp itself is also an issue. Raising all guides and ramps slightly off the playfield with nylon washers should help mitigate the issue(s). BTW, this is barely noticeable once done. And it hasn't impacted my play AFAIK (of course, I'm not that great so maybe it does!) It would be nice if Stern did that going forward. Regardless, it is a super fun machine whether you decide to do any additional pf protection or not.

I am a broken record in this thread but I can't reiterate this enough. Katana guide, left ramp and the wolverine guide. Put some washers under all of those to protect from chipping.

The damage at the front of the Katana guide is the most noticeable, the rest of the damage that can occur is often covered by plastics or the ramp/guide itself.

#11307 2 years ago

Damn you stern and your delays I want my Deadpool!!!!

#11308 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have a feeling they won't. It would be nice to be wrong.

add a washer!

#11309 2 years ago

If you look at Godzilla they've removed all the art around the ball guides and raised the guides off the playfield where they can. Probably too much to hope they will go back and do this to runs of older machines but you never know.

#11310 2 years ago

I plan on it. I've added washers to all my NIB Sterns ball guides since Pooling became a thing. Cheap and easy insurance. Too bad we gotta do it though.

#11311 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If we have to wait until summer for our games that will give Stern time to fix the katana ramp digging into the playfield

Doubtful. Get the Cliffy.

#11312 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have a feeling they won't. It would be nice to be wrong.

Heh, Stern had 3 years to fix it and didn’t for the last run. It seems the new cutout on the tip of the ball guide is their proposed fix, which at least prevents the more obvious scraping that occurred.

There’s a similar ball guide issue on Mandalorian, so it seems Stern hasn’t quite learned their lesson yet.

#11313 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Question for those on 1.06. In Ninja Multiball, have you heard Deadpool sing "suuuuperrrr Jackpoooooootttttt!!"? I have not heard this callout since I upgraded and I miss it. Hopefully just random "luck" of me not hearing it.

Definitely still in there. Heard it last night while playing.

One of my favorites I think is usually on the second Ninja Multiball Super Jackpot.... "Super Jackpot (soup or jackpot), I'll have the soup!"

#11314 2 years ago

The ninja multiball jackpot callouts are incredible. My favorite ever. The singing one cracks me up every time.

"you think youre the first person to ever get a jackpot?" "who are you, Kieth Elwin?". etc etc

#11315 2 years ago

Joined the club with a Premium tonight! Traded my Mando Premium for it. I only had time for a couple of quick games, but am loving it so far.

Quick question - how were the outlanes setup from the factory? This one has rubbers on both inlane posts with the left outlane post all the way down and right one in the middle. I know the inlane posts came without rubbers, and I’ll be removing those. I will probably open up the outlanes all the way since the ball times feel pretty long.

310DD2BC-5722-4AA7-842B-FE117580AC8A (resized).jpeg310DD2BC-5722-4AA7-842B-FE117580AC8A (resized).jpeg63E50C8C-D2FF-4408-87A5-ED4940906E31 (resized).jpeg63E50C8C-D2FF-4408-87A5-ED4940906E31 (resized).jpeg
#11316 2 years ago

Outlane posts factory should have been middle on each side. No rubbers on the inlane posts. I have them on mine and don't feel bad about it at all though. Gives you a fighting chance at nudging there.

#11317 2 years ago

I've seen a few DP's with yellow rings. How's that for anyone?

All yellow?
All Clear?

Any other bitchin' ideas?

#11318 2 years ago

All yellow?
All Clear?

I had some of titans old original yellow on in a few spots and didn't care for it. Their new yellow would look better though I think. I have clears on a few spots now that are fine. More light is fine.

#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Outlane posts factory should have been middle on each side. No rubbers on the inlane posts. I have them on mine and don't feel bad about it at all though. Gives you a fighting chance at nudging there.

Thanks - I'll try middle on both sides with no inlane rubbers and see how that treats me.

All yellow?
All Clear?

I like clear Titan rings anywhere that is surrounding GI lights, so always on slings and select other places. I used to try to color match plastics in other parts of the playfield but found that is too much work, so I usually just choose a color and go with that everywhere else. There is already so much red on DP that I may go with a different color.

For post sleeves, I like Cliffy sleeves but they are a bit thicker than stock and can make shots tougher. I don't like the Titan post sleeves as they wear out so quickly. Lately I've just been leaving the stock black sleeves as I'm not sure there is a better colored option.

#11320 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Thanks - I'll try middle on both sides with no inlane rubbers and see how that treats me.

I like clear Titan rings anywhere that is surrounding GI lights, so always on slings and select other places. I used to try to color match plastics in other parts of the playfield but found that is too much work, so I usually just choose a color and go with that everywhere else. There is already so much red on DP that I may go with a different color.
For post sleeves, I like Cliffy sleeves but they are a bit thicker than stock and can make shots tougher. I don't like the Titan post sleeves as they wear out so quickly. Lately I've just been leaving the stock black sleeves as I'm not sure there is a better colored option.

I have found the superbands for posts are rock solid and don't get beat up, they hold up very very well.

#11321 2 years ago

All yellow?
All Clear?

I pretty much go all clear on everything now days, except the flippers.

Perfect Play from Pinball Life for all, except Post sleeves and small posts I go with SuperBands. Also Superband on something like upper flipper on AIQ where it can take a beating since the SuperBands last a long time!

#11322 2 years ago

RED boom button.
I kept saving booms for help with modes and quests, instead of using them for JPs.

I got the red, started Megalodon
hit the red boom,

Latest update also fixes the "Lil' Deadpool Frenzy" highscore bug.

I thought that was fixed in 1.04 or 1.05?

#11323 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

RED boom button.
I kept saving booms for help with modes and quests, instead of using them for JPs.
I got the red, started Megalodon
hit the red boom,

I thought that was fixed in 1.04 or 1.05?

Nope, only the latest. My best lil' deadpool is about 20 mil now

#11324 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

One of my favorites I think is usually on the second Ninja Multiball Super Jackpot.... "Super Jackpot (soup or jackpot), I'll have the soup!"

I just heard that, hilarious

#11325 2 years ago

All yellow?
All Clear?

I have yellow rings on everything and red rubber on yellow flippers on my LE, looks really good with red and yellow. Check it out.

IMG_0324 (resized).jpgIMG_0324 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpg
#11326 2 years ago

Bought mine today! Hope to get it in the next few weeks.
Went with the Pro. Any mod recommendations?

#11327 2 years ago

Having sound issues. all sounds make a crackling noise as is the speakers are all blown. Any suggestions what to look for?
tried factory reset. reseated all connections. even changed the sdcard back to 1.03 firmware same issue.

#11328 2 years ago

Has anyone that has the extra ball level at the stock "auto" had it actually climb past 30? I've played a few dozen games since the update and at 30, it's essentially a four ball game. Yet despite getting the extra nearly every game that I play out - it hasn't climbed at all.

Posted about it before, but I previously had it raised up to 65 via the dynamic/auto setting and it was just about a perfect sweet spot for me. Have a bad game that you don't really want to drag on - great. No EB. Having a good game? Cool - here's your reward that you actually earned.

*I know I can just manually set the EB lever to whatever the heck I want, but I like the idea of it fluctuating with quality of play.

**It's dawned on me as I'm typing this up that I've been cranky while playing lately and been restarting games a fair amount. I assume that might be preventing the auto feature to do it's job.

#11329 2 years ago

God I love this game.

How do you guys feel about those slingshot plastic protectors? I think I hate them, but I do like the one red ones that say "dead" and pool".

Put some spotlights in, trough light, and some mirror blades and the difference is amazing. Ran around fixing some flaky GI sockets too, so much brighter.

I also put some "zoom spout" lube by supco on my spinners, and it feels DIRTY how often I can get disco MB during a game now.

I think I might be cheating.

IMG_20211212_171725156 (resized).jpgIMG_20211212_171725156 (resized).jpg

#11330 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I also put some "zoom spout" lube by supco on my spinners, and it feels DIRTY how often I can get disco MB during a game now.
[quoted image]

Spinners were meant for rippin'. Go nuts.

I used some super lube on mine, but then backed off a bit. Have it to where it takes roughly three solid rips to get to the first disco loops and then three more for disco MB.

#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

God I love this game.
How do you guys feel about those slingshot plastic protectors? I think I hate them, but I do like the one red ones that say "dead" and pool".
[quoted image]

I agree on the fluorescent slingshot plastic protectors. They just don’t feel right. Two thumbs up on the DEAD POOL protectors. Now I need to find spinner lube!

#11332 2 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Bought mine today! Hope to get it in the next few weeks.
Went with the Pro. Any mod recommendations?

PinWoofer audio and PDI glass are two great universal upgrades.

The Mod Couple have an amazing flame mod for the chimi truck. Also, any custom shooter rod that suits your fancy. The default Stern rod looks so bland next to the rest of the DP art package.

#11333 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

God I love this game.
Put some spotlights in, trough light, and some mirror blades and the difference is amazing. Ran around fixing some flaky GI sockets too, so much brighter.
[quoted image]

Hahahahaahha, I’m the same way, put a dot off the end of a toothpick of lithium grease on my spinners and wowza! They spin all day long, LOL.

DISCO MULTIBALL!!!!

#11334 2 years ago

Hahahahaahha, I’m the same way, put a dot off the end of a toothpick of lithium grease on my spinners and wowza! They spin all day long, LOL.
DISCO MULTIBALL!!!!

WD40: the poor man's disco multiball
I started by lubing up all the spinners on my early SS games. Most of them have really satisfying spinner effects. (Skateball super spinner sound effect is so great)
Deadpool for those Multiball and Wolverine shots is so helpful. As is the revive spinner on Maiden.
Greasy spinners all day!!

#11335 2 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

Having sound issues. all sounds make a crackling noise as is the speakers are all blown. Any suggestions what to look for?
tried factory reset. reseated all connections. even changed the sdcard back to 1.03 firmware same issue.

I have the same issue! Got my game nib in may 2021! Any help would be appreciated

#11336 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

WD40: the poor man's disco multiball
I started by lubing up all the spinners on my early SS games. Most of them have really satisfying spinner effects. (Skateball super spinner sound effect is so great)
Deadpool for those Multiball and Wolverine shots is so helpful. As is the revive spinner on Maiden.
Greasy spinners all day!!

My Flight 2000 - had the greatest spinner rip ever, lube that bitch up and satisfaction guaranteed

#11337 2 years ago
Quoted from Gustrix:

I have the same issue! Got my game nib in may 2021! Any help would be appreciated

following and thinking: could this be related to a grounding issue?
My first test would be to make sure the board is grounded, and so is the DC power supply. I would check that that ground is connected securely from the DC to the board on the lower right corner of the head, then make sure the power supply is properly grounded at the AC connection. Removing the cover is necessary to check this (2 screws), make sure you unplug the game off the wall socket.

#11338 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

following and thinking: could this be related to a grounding issue?
My first test would be to make sure the board is grounded, and so is the DC power supply. I would check that that ground is connected securely from the DC to the board on the lower right corner of the head, then make sure the power supply is properly grounded at the AC connection. Removing the cover is necessary to check this (2 screws), make sure you unplug the game off the wall socket.

I will look in to that, thanks for the suggestion

#11339 2 years ago

DSCF0205[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0205[1] (resized).jpg

#11340 2 years ago

Ordered a Pro Monday morning. Bit of a wait but will not complain. Already buying mods and upgrades so I am all ready when it arrives.

#11341 2 years ago

My insert lights will on occasion go wonky with flipper use. It's random but I've recently noticed it and when it does happen it's pretty irritating. Has anyone experienced this? The game plays rock solid still. Never noticed it with the previous code though...

Edit: for example, inserts that are not supposed to be lit will sometimes light and inserts that should be lit go out. A flipp of the flippers will fix it or make it happen again. When it does happen, the flippers seem to control the problem but it doesn't happen often enough to really peg it down

#11342 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My insert lights will on occasion go wonky with flipper use. It's random but I've recently noticed it and when it does happen it's pretty irritating. Has anyone experienced this? The game plays rock solid still. Never noticed it with the previous code though...
Edit: for example, inserts that are not supposed to be lit will sometimes light and inserts that should be lit go out. A flipp of the flippers will fix it or make it happen again. When it does happen, the flippers seem to control the problem but it doesn't happen often enough to really peg it down

that sounds like intermittent contact/continuity. I have that happen in the GI often in my iron maiden, but often replacing the bulbs for a better one solves the issue. In your case, if it is not the GI then one of the cables that drives the power to the boards is getting loose/vibrating when you use the flippers. Maybe just replacing the connector that drivers power, literally replacing the molex connector, might solve your issue. If it persist maybe the soldering the point at the connector/board is fractures (this is common in a 90s game for example). To fix those I vacuum the old solder off and redo all the connector to make them look factory again (no hacks, no bad reflowing, no flux mess).

#11343 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

that sounds like intermittent contact/continuity. I have that happen in the GI often in my iron maiden, but often replacing the bulbs for a better one solves the issue. In your case, if it is not the GI then one of the cables that drives the power to the boards is getting loose/vibrating when you use the flippers. Maybe just replacing the connector that drivers power, literally replacing the molex connector, might solve your issue. If it persist maybe the soldering the point at the connector/board is fractures (this is common in a 90s game for example). To fix those I vacuum the old solder off and redo all the connector to make them look factory again (no hacks, no bad reflowing, no flux mess).

On newer Sterns this can also be a node board connection issue with the Cat 5 (network) cables and sometimes unplugging and plugging all of them back in will fix the issue.

#11344 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On newer Sterns this can also be a node board connection issue with the Cat 5 (network) cables and sometimes unplugging and plugging all of them back in will fix the issue.

I would also recommend this. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere along the chain. Cat5 as well as all of the node board connectors, reseat them to see if that fixes the problem. If it does not fix it or if the problem comes back it could be an issue with a specific board.

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Ordered a Pro Monday morning. Bit of a wait but will not complain. Already buying mods and upgrades so I am all ready when it arrives.

Out of curiosity when are you expecting to have a Pro delivered? End of 2022? Welcome to the club, what mods are you picking up for it?

#11346 2 years ago

Holy shit am I glad I bought my used Pro just over a year ago, who knew this craziness was going to happen?!?!!? Wow, I am the genius I thought I was!!

#11347 2 years ago

How do you move the outlane posts on this machine? I bought mine used, and I'm not sure what the factory position should be. On the left side, there are two holes, and it is in the top hole. On the right side, there are three holes, and the post is in the top hole as well. I saw some people here say that on theirs, the outlane post on the right side was in the middle from the factory. I can use all the help I can get, so I might move mine to the middle. Do I need to lift the playfield to loosen the outlane posts and move them out?

#11348 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

How do you move the outlane posts on this machine? I bought mine used, and I'm not sure what the factory position should be. On the left side, there are two holes, and it is in the top hole. On the right side, there are three holes, and the post is in the top hole as well. I saw some people here say that on theirs, the outlane post on the right side was in the middle from the factory. I can use all the help I can get, so I might move mine to the middle. Do I need to lift the playfield to loosen the outlane posts and move them out?

Have a look mate. lifting the playfield is easier than typing the question.

#11349 2 years ago

Still in the honeymoon phase on my DP Premium and am absolutely loving it. The music and callouts are some of the best Stern has ever done. I added a shaker motor and external sub and they both made a huge difference. I add subs to all my machines but none have made as big a difference as this one - the music just begs for upgraded bass.

I removed my inlane post rubbers to match factory, but I’m not sure it makes it any harder. It may even be easier with my style of play - now I can’t accidentally bounce a ball into the outlane from that rubber….

#11350 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Out of curiosity when are you expecting to have a Pro delivered? End of 2022? Welcome to the club, what mods are you picking up for it?

Been informed they will be available in July. Getting stuff like art blades, plastic protectors and already working on my own katana mods.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/227?hl=kc_green and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.