(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 326.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from Djphil1:

Hey guys I just joined the club! Anything special I should know about this game. I already have been reseating cables because of the random lights going off when flipping.

Welcome to the club! Have you ordered your bolts to attach it to the floor? Truly a special game and it will make you smile every time you play it.

#11152 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Nice!
Do you have it on location? Didn't think they would ship Insider Connected kits to home user's until next year...

All new builds after Insider announcement come with IC installed. Every Godzilla has one, and all other games on the line other than Mandolin are being built and shipped with them.

#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

All new builds after Insider announcement come with IC installed. Every Godzilla has one, and all other games on the line other than Mandolin are being built and shipped with them.

This is incorrect. Games produced this year, - after the IC announcement - are being built without, unless they are delivered in 2022.
Games delivered in 2022 will have IC and the price increase seen in GZ
Godzilla is the exemption for games produced this year with IC.

Recently produced Iron Maiden, in Sept this year, does not have IC, for example.

#11154 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This is incorrect. Games produced this year, - after the IC announcement - are being built without, unless they are delivered in 2022.
Games delivered in 2022 will have IC and the price increase seen in GZ
Godzilla is the exemption for games produced this year with IC.
Recently produced Iron Maiden, in Sept this year, does not have IC, for example.

So after GZ came out, prices on Stern websites had two options for previous machines. They had the original price, and IC added price option. These are pre GZ price bump. Think they covered the possibilities between a distributor having existing stock vs them building machines before the new year. But any older machine built by Stern in the last quarter would have the IC added option built in. When I reserved my DP Prem from my distributor, the price he gave me for it, which he got from Stern in October, was 8099.

The Maiden produced in September might have been the last machine before they adoped the IC hardware completely. They might have reserved all their IC parts for the GZ builds, then integrate them afterwards to any future machines as they get parts available.

#11155 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So after GZ came out, prices on Stern websites had two options for previous machines. They had the original price, and IC added price option. These are pre GZ price bump. Think they covered the possibilities between a distributor having existing stock vs them building machines before the new year. But any older machine built by Stern in the last quarter would have the IC added option built in. When I reserved my DP Prem from my distributor, the price he gave me for it, which he got from Stern in October, was 8099.
The Maiden produced in September might have been the last machine before they adoped the IC hardware completely. They might have reserved all their IC parts for the GZ builds, then integrate them afterwards to any future machines as they get parts available.

It has been confirmed in multiple threads, and with multiple distros including here in CA, not just this one, the price increase affects games made and delivered in 2022. Anything else will have the old pricing except GZ.

#11156 2 years ago

It has been confirmed in multiple threads, and with multiple distros including here in CA, not just this one, the price increase affects games made and delivered in 2022. Anything else will have the old pricing except GZ.

Oh sorry, meant to say that my reservation is for December build of premium, and that it comes with the old price plus the tacked on IC addon.

I know the 2022 pricing, was just commenting that November /December builds of pre GZ games will have IC kits included

#11157 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh sorry, meant to say that my reservation is for December build of premium, and that it comes with the old price plus the tacked on IC addon.
I know the 2022 pricing, was just commenting that November /December builds of pre GZ games will have IC kits included

Same here. I have one coming, supposedly next month. I am hoping it materializes.
Mine without IC though, but if it has it, at the old price, then sure.

#11158 2 years ago

All inserts on my game have suddenly become possessed, flashing sporadically without any connection to what's happening in the game. Sometimes they all shut down, then they all start flashing. Been in the hobby for years and never saw this before. Any advice much appreciated!

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

My friends September build Maiden does not have the QR reader but Maiden builds from November came with them (see Maiden thread)
The only Stern threads I follow are Maiden and DP so maybe some other recent runs have them as well.

#11160 2 years ago

1.06 code changed the scoring layout... always shows 4 players now. Going to take me a bit to get used to it.

IMG_1747 (resized).JPGIMG_1747 (resized).JPG
#11161 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

All inserts on my game have suddenly become possessed, flashing sporadically without any connection to what's happening in the game. Sometimes they all shut down, then they all start flashing. Been in the hobby for years and never saw this before. Any advice much appreciated!

Start with checking all node board connections.

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

1.06 code changed the scoring layout... always shows 4 players now. Going to take me a bit to get used to it.
[quoted image]

Seems like they are trying to make all their games have similar player display layouts.

#11163 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Seems like they are trying to make all their games have similar player display layouts.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I generally like their display layouts other than the scores are too damn small. Really annoying for league play.

#11164 2 years ago

DP can't be beat.

Quoted from adamross:

Try pushing all the connectors underneath back in, they may have loosened a bit.

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Start with checking all node board connections.

This.

I had a very similar issue. I made sure all the connections under were secure...while none felt loose, it did resolve the issue and i havent had it come back in several months.

#11166 2 years ago

yeah, it might be far fetched. I think that in reality the simply do not know. I suspect the only title coming out next in GZ PREM and Deadpool as originally scheduled. They just made Iron Maiden, which I believe was Sept and I got one and it is home already so deadpool in dec is not unrealistic.

There is a Mando Premium run coming too. It moved from October to December.

Same here. I have one coming, supposedly next month. I am hoping it materializes.
Mine without IC though, but if it has it, at the old price, then sure.

I have one due in December too. However, if you do get a December build, it will have IC. All builds now are including the IC - the recent deliveries of JP Premium to a few folks in the JP thread have the IC integrated. The full price increase won't occur until January which is why I am hoping that my DP and Mando December deliveries stick. Not holding my breath though.

#11167 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

There is a Mando Premium run coming too. It moved from October to December.

I have one due in December too. However, if you do get a December build, it will have IC. All builds now are including the IC - the recent deliveries of JP Premium to a few folks in the JP thread have the IC integrated. The full price increase won't occur until January which is why I am hoping that my DP and Mando December deliveries stick. Not holding my breath though.

we are all hoping for the best, I hope it happens!

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

This.
I had a very similar issue. I made sure all the connections under were secure...while none felt loose, it did resolve the issue and i havent had it come back in several months.

Thanks all for your advice, pushing in all connectors seems to have fixed the issue. Wish I knew which connection was the culprit.

#11169 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks all for your advice, pushing in all connectors seems to have fixed the issue. Wish I knew which connection was the culprit.

It starts to get easier to understand how it works the more you see it. But how the LEDs are run is pretty basic in concept.

You will usually find the LED node boards are all daisy chained together. Meaning board A runs to the next board B and then the next board C etc. The data link cable between them can become loose and knock out communications the the rest of the LED boards in the chain and cause fun things to happen with the lights.

Knowing this may help you trouble shoot in the future.

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

No at home by swiping the bottom arch of my GZLE… [quoted image]

Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image]

First of all, which speaker panel lighting kit do you have? Me likey.
Secondly, any big changes that you’ve noticed during gameplay? My brother was pretty psyched about all of the updates to TMNT, but just looking through the update info in this thread it seems like the updates for DP are relatively minor.

#11171 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Secondly, any big changes that you’ve noticed during gameplay? My brother was pretty psyched about all of the updates to TMNT, but just looking through the update info in this thread it seems like the updates for DP are relatively minor.

The last big update for DP was the big one. This one will be baby tweaks

#11172 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Thanks! Speaker Light Kits Type 12 for Spike 2 games. I also use the canvas behind the speaker foam.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html

I didn't notice any changes other than the how the scores are shown and 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy High Score works now!

Oh, there's also a different "warning box" on the screen now if you open the coin door.

#11173 2 years ago

Either it's been there all along and I haven't noticed at all, it's a weird glitch, or it's actually new (Though I didn't see anything about it in the readme)

But - at the end of a ball a few times holding in both flippers has seemed to skip the bonus animation entirely and immediately kick a new ball into the lane. Not just skip the long bonus count - I know that's been a thing forever, but it's literally skipping the entire sequence.

#11174 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone gets SDTM from balls coming down the katana rampguide?
I swapped out the rubbers from the posts to thick ones. This makes it quite hard for the ball to go down there in the wrong direction.
Doesnt affect gameplay but solves those cheap drains for me to about 80%.
[quoted image]

What size post rubbers did you get and where did you order them from? I'm getting tons of SDTM from the katana rampguide, and it's super frustrating!

#11175 2 years ago

After a long hiatis from deadpool getting back in with a premium. This time itll never leave. Ordered topper, art blades and shooter knob.

One thing I remember is the game being kind of dark. How are pinstadiums on deadpool? Ive never done pinstadiums because i play with lights on dimmed

Also meant to ask what powder coat colors go really well with premium. Im guessing red doesnt look right with the artwork

#11176 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

After a long hiatis from deadpool getting back in with a premium. This time itll never leave. Ordered topper, art blades and shooter knob.
One thing I remember is the game being kind of dark. How are pinstadiums on deadpool? Ive never done pinstadiums because i play with lights on dimmed

Folks have been recommending, which I'll do as well when I get mine, is replacing the GI lights with frosted white. From the photos people have posted, seems to do the trick in lightening the playfield at a fraction of the price of pinstadiums.

#11177 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Also meant to ask what powder coat colors go really well with premium. Im guessing red doesnt look right with the artwork

I'm waiting also

Got the Comet frosted sunlight kit and also the spotlight addon kits from comet as well...There are some good before and after pics in this thread and I think the sunlight allows more of the true colors to shine through on the playfield without being oversaturated red

#11178 2 years ago

I’m on the list for a DP Premium that was supposed to be for next month. Then it was pushed to Feb. Now hearing maybe as far out as August. Ugh.

That said, I am willing to put my EHOH on the table. Or maybe even my really nice Scared Stiff. For trade for a DP Premium. If anyone sees this and wants to talk.

#11179 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m on the list for a DP Premium that was supposed to be for next month. Then it was pushed to Feb. Now hearing maybe as far out as August. Ugh.
That said, I am willing to put my EHOH on the table. Or maybe even my really nice Scared Stiff. For trade for a DP Premium. If anyone sees this and wants to talk.

Did they tell you that this past week?

#11180 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Did they tell you that this past week?

I haven’t been told that by JJ. He told me February/March a few weeks back. But the scuttlebutt here of recent is that other distros are now saying end of summer.

#11181 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Comet sells a couple kits for DP. there are twin sling spots, trough light and GI kit you can order all together. Do that and you won't need pinstadiums and it will be a frction of the cost.

I bought the pinstadiums before the comet kits were listed, but would not buy them again. Sling spots and trough light is enough to light up close to the flippers.

Lit flipper kit seems to help my game too.

#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I haven’t been told that by JJ. He told me February/March a few weeks back. But the scuttlebutt here of recent is that other distros are now saying end of summer.

Gotcha. Guess since December is right around the corner, I'll email the distributor to see if they've had any further info. Last I heard was roughly a month ago that it looked to be a December build. But looking at my email, that info might might have been just before people started talking more about delays.

#11183 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I ordered mine from JJ back in July as well...waiting is the hardest part...

When was your order made...just trying to guess/guage without bugging JJ over trivial stuff out of his control

#11184 2 years ago

Stern just re ran the toppers so if you want one grab one while you can to avoid scalpers.

#11185 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I ordered mine from JJ back in July as well...waiting is the hardest part...
When was your order made...just trying to guess/guage without bugging JJ over trivial stuff out of his control

August or September. So, after you.

#11186 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Either it's been there all along and I haven't noticed at all, it's a weird glitch, or it's actually new (Though I didn't see anything about it in the readme)
But - at the end of a ball a few times holding in both flippers has seemed to skip the bonus animation entirely and immediately kick a new ball into the lane. Not just skip the long bonus count - I know that's been a thing forever, but it's literally skipping the entire sequence.

Yeah, I think I noticed this as well. Will look for it when I play some later today!

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My pro has been on order since November 2020.
I grabbed a used one in September. Still waiting to hear from my distributor about that nib. I know Stern doesnt care but they lost a NIB sale and cost P1 an easy sale.

#11188 2 years ago

Speaking to a distributor the other week and he explained when i asked what kind of business model leaves cash on the table for machines that have all the bugs out of them, are easy to produce and people are queuing up waiting for them.

Sorry if I'm telling people things they already know, but it opened my eyes up.

He started by telling me that Garry stern is not a stupid person. Ok say's i then why doesn't he fill these orders?

He went on to explain about the contractual obligations involved in the dev work and that the dates of release are fixed contractually. YEARS in advance.

So they are contracted to release a certain number of machines on a certain date and that is already locked in to the future, well down the track.

Ok, i say's, then why don't they build a second plant close to the first plant and use that for reruns only?

He answered by repeating his first statement. Garry Stern is not stupid. If it was in his interests then that's what he would have done, because you can bet your balls I'm not the first person to think about that.

All made a kinda sense to me, but I could see how the other model could work too, although I haven't thrown the resources at the problem that I'm sure Stern has.

#11189 2 years ago

Right now i dont think the line is the limiting factor much of the time. Its game specific parts. So i dont know if a 3rd line would be a cure all

#11190 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern just re ran the toppers so if you want one grab one while you can to avoid scalpers.

What is the topper supposed to cost? I'm seeing it for $700 +VAT from distros in Europe and that to me is steep. Don't think I like toppers and I feel that if I get it for one I need to get one for all.

#11191 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

What is the topper supposed to cost? I'm seeing it for $700 +VAT from distros in Europe and that to me is steep. Don't think I like toppers and I feel that if I get it for one I need to get one for all.

700 sounds right. 699 is the cheapest I found from distributors. Looking at past info, it was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper when it first released.

#11192 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Right now i dont think the line is the limiting factor much of the time. Its game specific parts. So i dont know if a 3rd line would be a cure all

They are still getting all the parts for new releases, so i don't believe that to be true. There are delays, but they are delays not freezes. There have been orders for deadpool since this time last year. I deal with China daily and the delays are months, not years.

My guess is the modelling shows lost profit by filling old orders, so it's not a priority.

#11193 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

What size post rubbers did you get and where did you order them from? I'm getting tons of SDTM from the katana rampguide, and it's super frustrating!

Mine does as well if the ball has heads back through at a certain speed. I can usually get a feel for this and compensate with a nudge to push the ball to my left flipper vs SDTM. You could also look to bend that guide to solve this as well.

#11194 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I bought the pinstadiums before the comet kits were listed, but would not buy them again. Sling spots and trough light is enough to light up close to the flippers.

The only thing I would add to this is that the spotlights, if raised off of the sling plastic, can be hit with the ball that can pop the LED out onto the playfield. There are hacks to help with this (tape/glue) but I would caution if you are putting this on route. If it is home use then no problem at all.

The other way I have seen this done is only putting a single spotlight on 1 or both slings and not raising them so they are flush with the plastic. I have no experience with this so I am not sure if it is better or not.

#11195 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Thank you

#11196 2 years ago

It's brutal finding one of these to buy. I was tempted to buy NIB, but I'm hoping some people will put theirs up for sale during the holidays. The only one I found close to me for sale the guy wanted over NIB price for a pretty much stock machine. I guess all of this just goes to show how good of a game it is since people aren't really selling them second hand

#11197 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I think I noticed this as well. Will look for it when I play some later today!

I checked - no it doesn't skip everything when you hold both flipper buttons to jump past the end of ball bonus. Seemed to act like before, where it just finishes the countdown.

1.06 code also doesn't automatically jump to end of ball bonus after 30~40 million like it used to... it keeps counting the entire bonus!

#11198 2 years ago

can anyone remind me the recommended pitch for this game? Wasnt it 6.8-7.0 per George for the snkkt shot to be consistent? Its been a while!

#11199 2 years ago

Struggle fest doing the new update.

I’m trying the usb method on sterns read me.
I downloaded .zip.
I unzipped it and it made two .spk files.
I copied them to a fat32 usb stick and got it setup in menu to update. And it gets to a certain 578 mb of 2,xxx mb and fails the unpack.

What’s wrong with me? I’m usually real decent at this shit.
502E970B-C8DB-4481-A1FA-0FEBBD12FF8E (resized).jpeg502E970B-C8DB-4481-A1FA-0FEBBD12FF8E (resized).jpeg

EDIT- got er done!! with help from a nice Pinsider

#11200 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Struggle fest doing the new update.
I’m trying the usb method on sterns read me.
I downloaded .zip.
I unzipped it and it made two .spk files.
I copied them to a fat32 usb stick and got it setup in menu to update. And it gets to a certain 578 mb of 2,xxx mb and fails the unpack.
What’s wrong with me? I’m usually real decent at this shit.
[quoted image]
EDIT- got er done!! with help from a nice Pinsider

These partial updates are buggy. Never work well even when they are completed, missing features, bad audits, lots of bugs.

I just flash the card, takes 1/4 of the time and it is bullet proof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/224?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.