(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 324.
#11001 2 years ago

whats the recommended outlane post position?

#11002 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

If its as HUNGRY as AIQ or Godzilla, the most protection that can be had unless youre collecting currency.

#11003 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

You can add rubbers to the posts at the top of the land guide as a step and/or move the outlane posts down as another. Stock is no rubber.

#11004 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking of buying a NIB / Dec build Pro. Any idea if they have taken care of the Snikt misaligned target and the Katana ramp digging into the playfield issue?

I checked with my distributor today, they said Deadpool Pro builds have been 'pushed out to 2022 with unknown build date at this time.'

#11005 2 years ago

December delivery was on track for a premium today.

#11006 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

For the last run - "No" and "Sorta"
I have an April 2021 build premium. The Snikt target still came without an anti-sway bracket out of the box, but it's a $5 part from PBL. The leading edge of the Katana ramp guild came with a notch out of the leading edge. Whether that's enough to prevent any damage is beyond me. I still installed the cliffy and used washers all over the place to raise every rail off the playfield.

Same here. Fixing the two major problem areas - guide behind lil Deadpool and the left katana ramp - with washers takes an hour or so once you know what you’re doing.

Also an April build, and my Snikt target has held position very well after 750+ games. I have an anti-sway bracket ready to install, but haven’t needed it.

#11007 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

My distributor also told me a couple days ago that Stern confirmed a mid-December build of my Deadpool Premium... at least as it stands now. Can't help but visualize this scene...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11008 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

My distributor also told me a couple days ago that Stern confirmed a mid-December build of my Deadpool Premium... at least as it stands now. Can't help but visualize this scene...[quoted image]

Plan to put it right next to AIQ. Hope you do the same. Thanos may love Death but Death is in love with Deadpool.

Good luck to us both.

420B9D3E-8A6E-4F5E-868A-652162A6161B (resized).jpeg420B9D3E-8A6E-4F5E-868A-652162A6161B (resized).jpeg
#11009 2 years ago

Quoted from Insanity199:

My distributor also told me a couple days ago that Stern confirmed a mid-December build of my Deadpool Premium... at least as it stands now. Can't help but visualize this scene...[quoted image]

Cool. Has anyone heard if Pros will be built at the same time?

#11010 2 years ago

Plan to put it right next to AIQ. Hope you do the same. Thanos may love Death but Death is in love with Deadpool.
Good luck to us both. [quoted image]

They do look good together!!!

IMG_1137 (resized).JPGIMG_1137 (resized).JPG
#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Off

#11012 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Cool. Has anyone heard if Pros will be built at the same time?

Quoted from revoke:

I checked with my distributor today, they said Deadpool Pro builds have been 'pushed out to 2022 with unknown build date at this time.'

Respectfully.

#11013 2 years ago

Thank you- I missed that.

#11014 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This is intriguing. I asked my dist last week and he told me the opposite. He said he was informed all December DP Prems had moved to 2022. Hard to tell what's going on. It would be a fun roller coaster ride if $1300 wasn't riding on which side of the date line they landed on.

#11015 2 years ago

The first "D" drop target in DEAD is always lit at game start up. I'm also getting the related alert "Check switch #30 (D)EAD drop target" . I've tried cleaning the opto and reseating the connector to the board, but no luck. Any other suggestions?

#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

This is intriguing. I asked my dist last week and he told me the opposite. He said he was informed all December DP Prems had moved to 2022. Hard to tell what's going on. It would be a fun roller coaster ride if $1300 wasn't riding on which side of the date line they landed on.

Quoted from RobF:

Not what I heard in my side of town, so watch out for distros trying to get you thinking otherwise maybe? holding off delivery to gauge you the extra cost in Jan.

#11017 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Not what I heard in my side of town, so watch out for distros trying to get you thinking otherwise maybe? holding off delivery to gauge you the extra cost in Jan.

Oh man, that would be really shitty practice. I mean, even if they try, at least the manufacturing date on the machine would say otherwise. It would be hard for them to explain selling and delivering post January when build date would be Dec.

Either way info seems to be kinda random from what I've been reading here. Dealer selling me mine mentioned December a couple of weeks ago and havent heard back, so I'll just wait. Think if even he pushes it back, I'll hold till end of the year at least to see whats going on if others receive their machines.

#11018 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh man, that would be really shitty practice. I mean, even if they try, at least the manufacturing date on the machine would say otherwise. It would be hard for them to explain selling and delivering post January when build date would be Dec.
Either way info seems to be kinda random from what I've been reading here. Dealer selling me mine mentioned December a couple of weeks ago and havent heard back, so I'll just wait. Think if even he pushes it back, I'll hold till end of the year at least to see whats going on if others receive their machines.

yeah, it might be far fetched. I think that in reality the simply do not know. I suspect the only title coming out next in GZ PREM and Deadpool as originally scheduled. They just made Iron Maiden, which I believe was Sept and I got one and it is home already so deadpool in dec is not unrealistic.

#11019 2 years ago

My scoop just started not registering this weekend. I blew it out and worked the little switch but still no bueno.

Anybody have any pointers?

#11020 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

My scoop just started not registering this weekend. I blew it out and worked the little switch but still no bueno.

Lift the playfield and make sure a wire connection hasn't broken off the switch. Semi-common issue. If looks good, may need to slightly bend the wireform the ball rests on to activate the switch, otherwise switch may need replacing.

#11021 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I recently had a similar situation with my DP. One of the connectors had entirely snapped off the switch body. I ordered a new switch and resoldered the existing wires to it.

#11022 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I recently had a similar situation with my DP. One of the connectors had entirely snapped off the switch body. I ordered a new switch and resoldered the existing wires to it.

I bought a Munsters that had the exact same issue. Owner didn't even know something was wrong. Easy fix though.

#11023 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

The first "D" drop target in DEAD is always lit at game start up. I'm also getting the related alert "Check switch #30 (D)EAD drop target" . I've tried cleaning the opto and reseating the connector to the board, but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Your terms are confusing, but it’s probably a leaf switch that needs to be adjusted so the gap isn’t touching / connected.

#11024 2 years ago

What is the progression series through the game?
-Spell Dead to light battles
-Beat all 3 villains for Sauron MB
-Beat all 3 villain team ups to get to Mr. Sinister's clone MB
-Chimichunga's to light quests.
-Beat both quests for Megakrallalodonus Rex

Then what??

Also,
-Mechsuit MB (weapons)
-Disco MB (Dazzler spinner)
-Ninja MB (katana)
-Ninjapocolypse (I'm not actually clear what starts this)
-Katana-Rama (ramps)
-Team-ups

Anything I'm missing?

#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Then what??
Also,
-Mechsuit MB (weapons)
-Ninja MB (katana)
-Katana-Rama (ramps)
-Team-ups
Anything I'm missing?

Yes.
This.

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

There are many paths through this game, and many objectives and goals to play with.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11026 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Then what??
Also,
-Mechsuit MB (weapons)
-Ninja MB (katana)
-Katana-Rama (ramps)
-Team-ups
Anything I'm missing?

I've not been but I believe there is a final Mr. Sinister battle after getting through both the Clone and Megakrokalodonus modes.

Ninjapocolypse is right-to-left orbit shot followed by a katana ramp shot. Scores 10 ninjas (by default). Collecting 50 ninjas awards an extra ball after a scoop shot.

#11027 2 years ago

Ninjapocalypse is just a combo, but is one of THE best combos in pinball - the animation/callout you get on screen is amazing!

#11028 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Beat all 3 villain team ups to get to Mr. Sinister's clone MB -Beat both quests for Megakrallalodonus Rex
Then what??

***Spoiler Alert***

My best final battle so far!

Deadpool 2.1 Billion Mr Sinister Final Battle Stern Pinball Wizard Mode

#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

***Spoiler Alert***
My best final battle so far!
Deadpool 2.1 Billion Mr Sinister Final Battle Stern Pinball Wizard Mode

Nice! So that final battle started out as a single ball and then escalated into a multiball. What triggered that...just hitting the lit blue shots so many times?

#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Nice! So that final battle started out as a single ball and then escalated into a multiball. What triggered that...just hitting the lit blue shots so many times?

Here's the rules according to Tilt forums:

Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
Phase 1: Timed single ball mode: 45 seconds. Collect the 4 Team-up shots. (what happens if you drain before 45 seconds are up?)

Phase 2: Timed multiball: 70 seconds. Shoot blue shots to collect jackpots until time runs out. Lit Team-Up shots double jackpot value. Hit Final Shot for big points in the last 15 seconds of the multiball. At the end, all balls drain, all modes reset, and a new ball is served to shooter lane. The Special will be lit at the u-turn upon completion of this phase.

#11031 2 years ago

Not that I have any interest in letting my Deadpool go, but I'm curious about how you all feel about trades? If you had a Deadpool Pro, what current pro machine would you consider trading for? The only ones (pro models) I would even consider would be Godzilla, Mandalorian, Stranger Things, or Jurassic Park.

From my recent playing experience:

Godzilla Pro is fun, but lacks so much compared with the premium. Taken on its own, I'm not sure what the major feature is. The building, bridge, and Mecha-Godzilla are all amazing on the premium, but not so much on the pro.

Mandalorian is also a lot of fun, but those plastic ramps make it hard to see. It also doesn't have much of a "wow" factor. For some reason, I do really like hitting the Razor Crest shot though!

Stranger Things is the one I think competes best. Great flow and the drop down screen with Demogorgon bash toy is a "wow" feature, even without the projector.

Jurassic Park is also great fun. The art isn't great on the pro, and the animations are mediocre. However, great flow and lots of targets to shoot. The Newton Ball is cool as well. This one is also a contender.

So, what would make you give up a Deadpool Pro and the awesome katana shot for another comparable (price/availability) machine?

#11032 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Not that I have any interest in letting my Deadpool go, but I'm curious about how you all feel about trades? If you had a Deadpool Pro, what current pro machine would you consider trading for? The only ones (pro models) I would even consider would be Godzilla, Mandalorian, Stranger Things, or Jurassic Park.
Godzilla Pro is fun, but lacks so much compared with the premium. Taken on its own, I'm not sure what the major feature is. The building, bridge, and Mecha-Godzilla are all amazing on the premium, but not so much on the pro.
Mandalorian is also a lot of fun, but those plastic ramps make it hard to see. It also doesn't have much of a "wow" factor. For some reason, I do really like hitting the Razor Crest shot though!
Stranger Things is the one I think competes best. Great flow and the drop down screen with Demogorgon bash toy is a "wow" feature, even without the projector.
Jurassic Park is also great fun. The art isn't great on the pro, and the animations are mediocre. However, great flow and lots of targets to shoot. The Newton Ball is cool as well. This one is also a contender.
So, what would make you give up a Deadpool Pro and the awesome katana shot for another comparable (price/availability) machine?

I have owned STh and JP, played Mando, but not Godzilla yet. I wouldn't trade Deadpool for any of the others Godzilla notwithstanding.

JP is a tough shooting game. STh is way better now with the code but still well below DP for me. Mando I know I would get tired of quick.

#11033 2 years ago

I just sold a STh and bought a DP. I personally would not trade a DP for STh. DP, imo, is a much better game

#11034 2 years ago

There isn't a pinball machine i'd trade my DP pro for. The only stern i've played that's half as good is TWD pro.

#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I’d trade for gz pro. It shoots really well, has some unique shots and has good variety. If you like Deadpool, you should like gz. Mando pro would be my second choice, plastic ramps don’t bother me at all.

#11036 2 years ago

Deadpool seems like one of those machines where owners are more likely to "bolt it to the floor." Godzilla is hot right now, but I wonder if that might soften over time?

#11037 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Deadpool seems like one of those machines where owners are more likely to "bolt it to the floor." Godzilla is hot right now, but I wonder if that might soften over time?

I doubt it, GZ is unreal.

#11038 2 years ago

I haven’t played GZ yet and was asking myself if I’d trade Deadpool for one. I’d have to play it first of course but it looks like a cool game, even as the pro version. Deadpool though is something special. Every aspect from call outs to music and shots are fantastic. Forget it. I’m keeping Deadpool

#11039 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I doubt it, GZ is unreal.

Yea, but how’s the rules, code, and repetition of it?

#11040 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, but how’s the rules, code, and repetition of it?

Guess with the early code atm...too early to tell how much more immersive it can get with GZ. As it stands, I love how GZ shoots, but as an overall package I think I'll enjoy DP more (whenever it ends up being made), and think my wife will have more fun with it as well. Just watching the streams or recorded plays of DP its a blast to watch. I've only found one place near me that has a DP, and the scoop opto hasnt been working for apparently months. I got to shoot around it and thought it was great, but a bummer I really couldnt start battles and such.

#11041 2 years ago

Question for my fellow DP Pro owners. I'm trying to dial-in my game, and would love to improve the right orbit shot. The feed is pretty clunky, and often rattles out or falls back down the shooter lane. I'm wondering if there are any adjustments or tips to make that shot smoother.

#11042 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Question for my fellow DP Pro owners. I'm trying to dial-in my game, and would love to improve the right orbit shot. The feed is pretty clunky, and often rattles out or falls back down the shooter lane. I'm wondering if there are any adjustments or tips to make that shot smoother.

I think many of us would appreciate tips and tricks on dialing the game in. My one criticism of Deadpool is that it seems like even slight differences in slope make a dramatic difference--maybe more so than other machines.

#11043 2 years ago

As far as where to start with set up, I heard that George Gomez recommends a steep incline out of the box at 6.5-7 degrees. I probably need a more accurate level to confirm, but back levelers are almost fully extended.

Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I think many of us would appreciate tips and tricks on dialing the game in. My one criticism of Deadpool is that it seems like even slight differences in slope make a dramatic difference--maybe more so than other machines.

#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I haven’t played GZ yet and was asking myself if I’d trade Deadpool for one. I’d have to play it first of course but it looks like a cool game, even as the pro version. Deadpool though is something special. Every aspect from call outs to music and shots are fantastic. Forget it. I’m keeping Deadpool

That's exactly what makes Deadpool so good and special - it's the TOTAL package! Gameplay, Art, music, callouts, video... nothing is lacking.

That's also one of the strong first impressions being mentioned about Godzilla. Total package. Obviously code is nowhere near completed, but has potential for being an excellent pin. I was in based on theme and Elwin before I even saw the design and gameplay as I figured it would be good...

I'm in on a Godzilla Premium, but have to wait until early next year. I've had DP Pro for 2 years and AIQ premium for one year. (Other older pins as well)

AIQ is 'deeper', but I've actually finished AIQ many more times than Deadpool, but AIQ is a bit more free with extra balls. Deadpool is plenty deep and that's exactly what I like in home games. DP is definitely the better of the two in music, callouts and video assets as well. Looking forward to Godzilla, but DP isn't going anywhere!

#11045 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I'm in the 6.7 ~ 6.8 range. Front leveling pads as short as possible and rears almost fully extended. My DP Pro plays great. I keep the rubbers cleaned regularly as well as the playfield cleaned and waxed to keep it fast. ~4700 games on it in 2 years. 7.4 Billion high Score.

The right orbit is notoriously 'clunky'. My only real recommendation is to make sure the far right corner metal guide, where the 2 prongs are, are as tight against the wall as possible. Mine weren't originally and it's easy to bend them over in place and helps a little, but some clunkiness is still there.
DP right orbit (resized).jpgDP right orbit (resized).jpg

#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Your terms are confusing, but it’s probably a leaf switch that needs to be adjusted so the gap isn’t touching / connected.

I wish it was a leaf switch because then I'd have a better idea on what to do. Unfortunately it's on opto switch on a PCB. It is riveted onto the board, too, so I'm worried that I will have to replace the entire board. I've read that opto switches can be flaky, but this is the first one I've had a problem with. Here is the problematic switch (note that the target is dropped in this pic but even when it is up the target still registers as dropped). I tried cleaning with some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip, but did not help. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

4 bank opto switch 2 (resized).jpg4 bank opto switch 2 (resized).jpg
#11047 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I wish it was a leaf switch because then I'd have a better idea on what to do. Unfortunately it's on opto switch on a PCB. It is riveted onto the board, too, so I'm worried that I will have to replace the entire board. I've read that opto switches can be flaky, but this is the first one I've had a problem with. Here is the problematic switch (note that the target is dropped in this pic but even when it is up the target still registers as dropped). I tried cleaning with some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip, but did not help. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
[quoted image]

If cleaning didn’t work, lift the playfield check all the connections and test it in switch mode to confirm it needs replacing.

#11048 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Godzilla is the only one I would consider. I am lucky enough to have both and it would be a hard choice to choose which is my favorite. I think with mature code Godzilla will come out on top, but that doesn't mean Deadpool isn't an incredible game. Godzilla could be really special. They have a lot of similarities in how the shots feel IMO. Can't go wrong with either. I am probably in the minority when I say that Jurassic Park is my 3rd favorite Elwin game and AIQ isn't far behind it. Godzilla and Maiden are by far my favorite of his designs so far.

#11049 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If cleaning didn’t work, lift the playfield check all the connections and test it in switch mode to confirm it needs replacing.

beyond this point, gotta check continuity at the board maybe? perhaps the opto is bad or another component on the board failed. I guess all of this would be rare.

First, as it was said already, check all the connections at the bank and also check in the manual to check the corresponding connector at the node.

#11050 2 years ago

Put a deposit down on a Pro. Can't wait to get this game. One distributor still thinks we'll see a premium and pro run before year end. Another told me that pros probably wouldn't be here until next summer! Hopefully it's the former.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 16,195 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/221?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.