(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 324.
#10851 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy mirror blades for my DP pro? Thanks!

Cointaker has them. You can probably pick up a set at a show too and save shipping.

#10852 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Are there recommended settings besides the factory stock settings for Deadpool? I'm curious about the slings, flipper strength, etc. Also, is the consensus that between 6.5 and 7 is best for slope? I see a lot of people have slope set at 6.8. Does that make it harder to get the ball up the ramps? It would great if people could post their settings for us newbies!

The one setting generally suggested is the trough strength. Dropping it down a bit can prevent some wear on the shooter lane that really bothers some.

As far as pitch, somewhere in that range and you will probably be good. What are you having problems with? Higher pitch will generally make the game play a touch quicker and slightly reduce side to side action, while also potentially making some ramp shots not make it up and around.

#10853 2 years ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy mirror blades for my DP pro? Thanks!

i buy all my mirror blades from cointaker.

#10854 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i buy all my mirror blades from cointaker.

Thank you!

#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Looks like Harley Quinn

#10856 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The one setting generally suggested is the trough strength. Dropping it down a bit can prevent some wear on the shooter lane that really bothers some.

Totally this ^ Just dial it down until the ball no longer clears the trough and then bump it up a few notches so that it always clears but does not come out like a bat out of hell.

You may also want to get a shooter lane protector such as a metal Cliffy's or one of the plastic variants for further protection of your shooter lane.

#10857 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

As far as pitch, somewhere in that range and you will probably be good. What are you having problems with? Higher pitch will generally make the game play a touch quicker and slightly reduce side to side action, while also potentially making some ramp shots not make it up and around.

Should I lower trough strength until the ball just makes it out?

I feel like when I adjust the slope, less steep and I can get up the ramps and also make the katana shot consistently, but I get more slow rollers down the middle. Steeper, and I get slightly less side to side, so fewer outlane drains, but it's tougher to make the ramps and katana shot. I haven't really found the sweet spot yet. Do people prefer steeper for this game?

#10858 2 years ago

I also didn’t want to spend the big bucks on an official topper, and went a similar direction. However, my sword is metallic foam, so I won’t slice off one of my kids arms.

For lighting, I installed backbox LED strip, and this lit sign in front of the amount. It gives a great effect. I need to get a good picture at night with the game on.

Product link:

ebay.com link: Multi Color Dead Pool Mavel Super Hero LED Night Light Lamp Kids Room Comic Sign

Quoted from WolfWeb:

Couldn't get an official topper so will use this. Red Japanese katana, Damascus folded steel 8192 layers with Deadpool engraved in Japanese Kanji lettering. Now just how to figure out how to secure and light it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2F03EA73-8986-4407-BCB2-55FCFF257C3F (resized).jpeg2F03EA73-8986-4407-BCB2-55FCFF257C3F (resized).jpeg

#10859 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I feel like when I adjust the slope, less steep and I can get up the ramps and also make the katana shot consistently, but I get more slow rollers down the middle. Steeper, and I get slightly less side to side, so fewer outlane drains, but it's tougher to make the ramps and katana shot. I haven't really found the sweet spot yet. Do people prefer steeper for this game?

My trough is set a few notches above the ball just making it out. Also, +1 to installing Cliffy shooter lane protectors. The installation intimidated me a bit since this was my first home pin, but the install was surprisingly easy, even for a noob like me.

I like my pitch at 7.0-7.1. It plays a bit faster, and the SDTM risk for a missed Wolverine or Snikt shot is very real. But I get very few SDTMs that I didn’t “deserve”, and clean shots have no issues making it up and around the ramps.

If you want to mitigate cheap out lane drains without steepening the pitch, you could install the in-lane rubber rings that came in the cab.

#10860 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

6.5° ~ 7.0° is generally the "sweet spot". Generally the front leveling pads as short as possible and the rears almost as tall as possible.

Make sure you keep the playfield and ramps cleaned and waxed and that will help increase the speed and make the ramps more makeable.

The ramps on my DP are never a problem to make all the way up on good shots.

#10861 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Are there recommended settings besides the factory stock settings for Deadpool? I'm curious about the slings, flipper strength, etc. Also, is the consensus that between 6.5 and 7 is best for slope? I see a lot of people have slope set at 6.8. Does that make it harder to get the ball up the ramps? It would great if people could post their settings for us newbies!

No, these are not steep ramps as it is.

#10862 2 years ago

Not sure if there is a problem with my machine, but when I get ninja multiball, all three balls roll down the katana at the same time and sort of bump into each other. I thought the balls came down one at a time? Is there a problem with my ball lock?

#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Not sure if there is a problem with my machine, but when I get ninja multiball, all three balls roll down the katana at the same time and sort of bump into each other. I thought the balls came down one at a time? Is there a problem with my ball lock?

Take a look at the lock post assembly under the playfield and make sure everything looks as it should. I recently had problems with mine and found out that Stern skipped a washer that needs to be in there in order for the post to reliably return to the up position.

#10864 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Take a look at the lock post assembly under the playfield and make sure everything looks as it should. I recently had problems with mine and found out that Stern skipped a washer that needs to be in there in order for the post to reliably return to the up position.

Where did the washer go?

#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Where did the washer go?

I'm understanding it as EternitytoM83 is saying that during the assembly process at Stern, an assembler simply forgot to install the washer. It can happen. I keep a bunch of miscellaneous screws, washers, and nuts in my pin workshop just in case I drop and lose one when working on a pin, or in case I need extras (I always need extras for some reason).

#10866 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Anyone else fix the problem where the balls come out all at once from the Katana?

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Anyone else fix the problem where the balls come out all at once from the Katana?

Could someone post a picture of the mech under the playfield for UCF to compare his too, that sounds like it would be a big help as he says he’s new to all this.

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Where did the washer go?

This link shows mine in the "problem" state. There should be a nylon washer in between the top of the spring and the e-clip. Once I added that it worked perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153

And here's a link to the manual; page 44 shows the lock down post assembly. The washer mine was missing is #9, but I'd just make sure all the parts shown match up to yours and that nothing is loose.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf

#10869 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks for the help! I cleaned the opto first but that didn't fix it. Lifted the playfield and shifted the katana lock to be more centered. It's not perfectly in the middle but more than it was before. I guess it took 1500 games to move that lock just far enough to cause the issue. Not too bad really.

I'm having the same issue. How did you move the lock to the center?

#10870 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This link shows mine in the "problem" state. There should be a nylon washer in between the top of the spring and the e-clip. Once I added that it worked perfectly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153
And here's a link to the manual; page 44 shows the lock down post assembly. The washer mine was missing is #9, but I'd just make sure all the parts shown match up to yours and that nothing is loose.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf

Thanks! The washer was fine. I lifted the playfield and used my finger to move the post slightly closer to center. It's a little off, so that was causing the problem. No idea how long that will last, but I didn't want to take it apart!

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Thanks! The washer was fine. I lifted the playfield and used my finger to move the post slightly closer to center. It's a little off, so that was causing the problem. No idea how long that will last, but I didn't want to take it apart!

Awesome, glad it's working! Don't be too worried if you do end up having to take it apart -- it's a very simple mechanism and it connects with a molex, so it's easy to take off and work on away from the machine.

#10872 2 years ago

Is it recommended to loosen the bolts on the front legs to help with nudging, or is that bad for the machine? I have mine tight, and the machine barely moves when I try to nudge it.

#10873 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Is it recommended to loosen the bolts on the front legs to help with nudging, or is that bad for the machine? I have mine tight, and the machine barely moves when I try to nudge it.

I wouldn't recommend that, not specifically because it might be bad for the machine (it probably wouldn't as long as leg bolts were tight), but because loose leg levelers (from my experience), tend to rotate out of place over time, slowly changing your machine's leveling. I go through a lot of trouble leveling my machines, so I need to lock the levelers down with their jam nuts to lock that level in.

With practice I find a nice sharp nudge perfectly timed when the ball is in contact with whatever playfield feature you choose, is sufficient enough to change the rebound trajectory of the ball enough to make it go where I want it to (i.e. not the drains). There's quite a bit of flex available in the length of the legs, even though it may not seem like it. Sometimes I can get a little over zealous and slightly slide the front of the machine with a nudge, though that is not my intent.

#10874 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I wouldn't recommend that, not specifically because it might be bad for the machine (it probably wouldn't as long as leg bolts were tight), but because loose leg levelers (from my experience), tend to rotate out of place over time, slowly changing your machine's leveling. I go through a lot of trouble leveling my machines, so I need to lock the levelers down with their jam nuts to lock that level in.
With practice I find a nice sharp nudge perfectly timed when the ball is in contact with whatever playfield feature you choose, is sufficient enough to change the rebound trajectory of the ball enough to make it go where I want it to (i.e. not the drains). There's quite a bit of flex available in the length of the legs, even though it may not seem like it. Sometimes I can get a little over zealous and slightly slide the front of the machine with a nudge, though that is not my intent.

I was actually thinking the front leg bolts could be looser. I noticed that on location, it's much easier to nudge. But, I'm worried about how that might damage the front of the machine. I'm definitely going to keep the leg levelers tight, because this machine shoots terrible if the slope and level are off.

#10875 2 years ago

Don't do that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't do that.

Seriously.

If you mean "loosen the two bolts that hold each of the two front legs on" - no. Don't do that.

Gets some furniture sliders or similar if you want to be able to nudge more / slide the machine around while playing. The legs should be attached tight.

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

If you mean "loosen the two bolts that hold each of the two front legs on" - no. Don't do that.

I'm pretty sure he means just leave the leg levelers loose and not jam nutted.

#10878 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"43fc3d4039fc1221901a9c4cc1020057ed7a7d92-1635099584-1800"};
//]]>

I never jam my nuts. Just not worth it.

#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I was actually thinking the front leg bolts could be looser. I noticed that on location, it's much easier to nudge. But, I'm worried about how that might damage the front of the machine. I'm definitely going to keep the leg levelers tight, because this machine shoots terrible if the slope and level are off.

He doesn't.

Honestly i have seen an eight year old slide save my DP on carpet. Just practice the nudging mate. set your tilt loose and have at it. If the bolts are tight you won't hurt the machine unless you bang it into a wall.

#10880 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I never jam my nuts. Just not worth it.

My leveling legs rotate if I don't do it. Maybe I'm a tad more violent than I thought

#10881 2 years ago

Ah, yes I see in his reply above. Yeah, no. Don't do that.

#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

He doesn't.
Honestly i have seen an eight year old slide save my DP on carpet. Just practice the nudging mate. set your tilt loose and have at it. If the bolts are tight you won't hurt the machine unless you bang it into a wall.

I'm on tile, so the machine barely moves. I might try some furniture movers, and leave all the bolts tight.

#10883 2 years ago

Just practise mate. You should be able to slide the whole thing six inches on tiles. But the fact is you need very little playfield movement to affect the path of the ball and in case of a well timed nudge, very little force at all.

Try using the absolute corners of a lockdown bar with the palm of your hand at the exact time it hits the side above the sling.

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I'm on tile, so the machine barely moves. I might try some furniture movers, and leave all the bolts tight.

What is your pinball stance? If you try playing with one foot back instead of both parallel you may notice an improvement when nudging the machine forward

#10885 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What is your pinball stance? If you try playing with one foot back instead of both parallel you may notice an improvement when nudging the machine forward

I'm either on one leg or i'm jumping up and down when i really get into the groove.

#10886 2 years ago

ok everyone....what am I missing here.....
When I play my DP Pro and lock the ball in lil DP
The drops go up like normal but a new ball doesn’t come to the trough while the first ball is locked with Lil DP
Like it’s stuck there
All the red lights go on and can’t play any longer, have to turn the game off, take glass off and tap the targets to get the ball out to play again

Did the game specific audits, get Lil DP malfunction……fix it
Does it again next game
What am I doing wrong?? What am I missing here?

15CAF30B-D1AC-48FD-BAC5-D537DDB91E7D (resized).jpeg15CAF30B-D1AC-48FD-BAC5-D537DDB91E7D (resized).jpeg7CA82126-AB2C-4E55-BA96-73E708F85C8E (resized).jpeg7CA82126-AB2C-4E55-BA96-73E708F85C8E (resized).jpeg
#10887 2 years ago

There's an opto in there i recall reading ages ago.

#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I'm having the same issue. How did you move the lock to the center?

Sorry to be late to respond. Glad you got it working though! I just loosened up the bolts under the playfield of this mech and pushed it more centered. It’s not perfectly centered but that was enough to stay working for the last year!

#10889 2 years ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

ok everyone....what am I missing here.....
When I play my DP Pro and lock the ball in lil DP
The drops go up like normal but a new ball doesn’t come to the trough while the first ball is locked with Lil DP
Like it’s stuck there
All the red lights go on and can’t play any longer, have to turn the game off, take glass off and tap the targets to get the ball out to play again
Did the game specific audits, get Lil DP malfunction……fix it
Does it again next game
What am I doing wrong?? What am I missing here?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from punkin:

There's an opto in there i recall reading ages ago.

I would send your question and picture to Stern support. They've been quick to respond for me in the past.

Otherwise I would start with testing the opto in the bottom right corner where the ball rests behind the drop targets.

#10890 2 years ago

Try the switch test. If an opto is locked on that will show you. If there's trash in the sight hole or the opto receiver isn't aimed properly the pin will think there's a ball in there when there isn't.

#10891 2 years ago

Have you guys seen the new achievements for this game??? There is one that says "join the hive" i believe it is a 4 player online connected achievement..not sure if its co-op or vs tho

#10892 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm either on one leg or i'm jumping up and down when i really get into the groove.

The music is so good in this game sometimes I bust out a Michael Jackson tippy toe

#10893 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The music is so good in this game sometimes I bust out a Michael Jackson tippy toe

Heeee, heeee!!!!

#10894 2 years ago

6 months in, so I can finally declare the honeymoon is over. It’s officially love.

#10895 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Have you guys seen the new achievements for this game??? There is one that says "join the hive" i believe it is a 4 player online connected achievement..not sure if its co-op or vs tho

When I saw it, I thought it was play a "regular" 4 player game, but every player is on Stern Insider connected.

#10896 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

When I saw it, I thought it was play a "regular" 4 player game, but every player is on Stern Insider connected.

Yeah I think I got excited over nothing was thinking it was the culmination of both of George's baby's but turned out it was nothing at all..lame!

#10897 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yeah I think I got excited over nothing was thinking it was the culmination of both of George's baby's but turned out it was nothing at all..lame!

We can still hope for online connected gameplay against/with others!

#10898 2 years ago

The Insider Connected achievements list for Deadpool is now online. A new game code update should be out very very soon:

Screenshot_20211027-112503_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211027-112503_Chrome.jpg
#10899 2 years ago

BIG shout out to Lucxor his Katana mod is absolutely gorgeous! Beautifully processed and finished and all the coloured gels is a nice bonus to change up the look.

Blows all the other versions out the water! In fact if you have a Katana Handle mod from anyone but Luc throw it in the bin and pick up one of these it’s night and day!

BEFCE9E4-88B5-408B-8C1F-A0B1FAECA0E0 (resized).jpegBEFCE9E4-88B5-408B-8C1F-A0B1FAECA0E0 (resized).jpeg
#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BIG shout out to Lucxor his Katana mod is absolutely gorgeous! Beautifully processed and finished and all the coloured gels is a nice bonus to change up the look.
Blows all the other versions out the water! In fact if you have a Katana Handle mod from anyone but Luc throw it in the bin and pick up one of these it’s night and day!
[quoted image]

I second that...so want to get my Deadpool to get this mod installed!!

Lucxor is good people!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 210.00
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/218?hl=rapidflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.