(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 324.
#10751 2 years ago

You can walk up to DP for the first time and have lots of fun, like any great game like MM or AFM. That makes it a real keeper.

#10752 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I try to explain this to my friend who has IM & JP in his collection. I have no argument that those two are "better" games, but Deadpool is just so damn fun.

Agreed. I had IMDN and JP with DP not too long ago. And while IMDN and JP are instant classics. They are also a little too bit serious with a bit more precise ruleset. Deadpool is much more fun, with a ruleset and layout that compliments all skill levels. It really is a masterpiece.

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Received a great mod from Luc in Switzerland last week. Installation was less than two minutes, which is my kind of mod. This is a side-by-side comparison of the two Katana handles. Night-and-day between what Luc made and what Stern provided.
I ordered two! The dark blue is installed, and the light blue (foreground) is next up on my Prem.
[quoted image]

Where does one find this mod?

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where does one find this mod?

Contact @Lucxor, he's posted about it a few pages back.

#10755 2 years ago

My Hell House scoop quit ejecting the ball. I lifted the playfield and found 1 of the wires on the switch had come loose. Problem is there are 2 wires and 3 posts which post doesn't have a wire attached?

#10756 2 years ago

Does anyone have an original Stern topper they’re looking to sell or no of one for sale? Please PM if you do. Thanks!

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I just added a poor man’s topper, and set a new GC my first game up. I think the sword might be lucky!
The katana is foam, so pretty light weight and no risk of falling damage.
SparkFoam 39" Foam Samurai Sword (1) + Plastic Scabbard Bundle (1) amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just in case your interested Stern are rerunning their topper this year for Deadpool.

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:My Hell House scoop quit ejecting the ball. I lifted the playfield and found 1 of the wires on the switch had come loose. Problem is there are 2 wires and 3 posts which post doesn't have a wire attached?

I just had one of the posts break off the switch body and had to replace the entire switch. Wires should connect to the middle post and the post across from where the switch arm meets the switch body.

#10759 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I just had one of the posts break off the switch body and had to replace the entire switch. Wires should connect to the middle post and the post across from where the switch arm meets the switch body.

Thanks for the help.

#10760 2 years ago

Should the bottom fork be sticking out this far?

IMG_3180 (resized).jpgIMG_3180 (resized).jpg
#10763 2 years ago

I was having a frustrating night on a few other pins when I decided to play one game of DP before calling it a night. Completely turned the mood around. This pin is just fantastic.

#10764 2 years ago

Who else digs playing their PRO version more with the sword lock disabled?
I find the flow better, it still registers lock as happening and then its easier to accrue weapons!

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I find the flow better, it still registers lock as happening and then its easier to accrue weapons!

hmmmm, never thought of that!

#10766 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:Who else digs playing their PRO version more with the sword lock disabled?

I NEED MORE WEAPONS!

#10767 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

that-just-sounds-like-cheating-with-extra-steps (resized).jpgthat-just-sounds-like-cheating-with-extra-steps (resized).jpg

#10768 2 years ago

Consistent day today... 1.3 Billion on each!

IMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPG
#10769 2 years ago

That's not awesome, but it's fucking impressive.

#10770 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

But the lock is cool and the pinball moment in the pro. Can’t imagine disabling it.

#10771 2 years ago

I'm trying to track down a problem with one drop target on the left:

I lifted the playfield and removed the PCB with the four optos to get a better look at the mechanism. Unfortunately I didn't notice anything wrong. Here's a video of that:

The locking washers (I think that's what they are?) all seem the same. While lifted, I was hitting the drop targets with my hand from the other side to make them fall back down. The one that kept failing seem to stay up pretty well when the playfield was lifted.

Anybody have any suggestions?

#10772 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I'm trying to track down a problem with one drop target on the left:
I lifted the playfield and removed the PCB with the four optos to get a better look at the mechanism. Unfortunately I didn't notice anything wrong. Here's a video of that:
The locking washers (I think that's what they are?) all seem the same. While lifted, I was hitting the drop targets with my hand from the other side to make them fall back down. The one that kept failing seem to stay up pretty well when the playfield was lifted.
Anybody have any suggestions?

I had had that on my Metallica. I applied a little bit of heat with a heat gun (hair dryer could work too) to the middle area of the tldrop target then lightly bent it forward a bit. It will allow the lip to better contact the ledge.

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

That's a song lyric from Run The Jewels and is not in the stock game. Now I want that in my pin.

#10774 2 years ago

I like to set my new games to 5 ball for a while until I learn the basics.
We've had our DP for about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to get the obvious stuff. Time to go down to 3 ball.
On 5 I've been able to get to a few Sauron team up battles, mechsuit multiball and both quests (usually going for one thing at a time for now), I'm liking the strategy I can see so far where sometime I will start something that I realize can be better utilized if brought in at a different time. Boom button integration is one of the best in pinball so far. (Mando's is REALLY good)
Anyway, just a little rant after my first 2 weeks. I could see this one lasting long term.

#10775 2 years ago

Put a deposit down for Deadpool Premium. This will be my first pin, I've been obsessively reading about it and watching gameplay videos. The distributor said it should be around January.

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Put a deposit down for Deadpool Premium. This will be my first pin, I've been obsessively reading about it and watching gameplay videos. The distributor said it should be around January.

Highly recommend you stop watching vids of it! Get the game and discover all the awesome stuff packed into it. Worth the wait.

#10777 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Highly recommend you stop watching vids of it! Get the game and discover all the awesome stuff packed into it. Worth the wait.

Yeah - I agree! I like to figure out and find out everything myself... when getting a NIB pin a little video is OK, but then I have to stay away until I get my new game!

#10778 2 years ago

My first NIB game was Metallica and I'd never seen anything but a picture. I was ready to get my first NIB game and I liked Metallica.
Nowadays, I always watch some footage but I don't like to watch so much that I know the game before I own it. I like to learn stuff naturally for a while and then watch videos later if I want to learn some more depth.

#10779 2 years ago

Just made it to Mr. Sinister for the first time. Had an amazing ball one, garbage extra ball, an average ball two, then another good third ball.
Also had the T-Rex tooth collected.

20211012_223956 (resized).jpg20211012_223956 (resized).jpg20211012_225127 (resized).jpg20211012_225127 (resized).jpg
#10780 2 years ago

Maximum effort

Deadpool 1 (resized).jpgDeadpool 1 (resized).jpgDeadpool 2 (resized).jpgDeadpool 2 (resized).jpg
#10781 2 years ago

6 gazillion? My balls just dropped.

Very impressive. I need a decimal place to beat that.

#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah - I agree! I like to figure out and find out everything myself... when getting a NIB pin a little video is OK, but then I have to stay away until I get my new game!

Unfortunately it's way too late for that. I knew pretty much everything about the game long before I decided to buy one. If (when) I buy another NIB, I'll watch as little gameplay as possible.

#10783 2 years ago

Can anyone explain to me how the Snikt shot works? So far, I'm super frustrated trying to figure it out. Which flipper can make the shot? I assume only the left one? also, how many times do I have to hit it to trigger the2x multiplier? It seems like I hit it a bunch of times and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#10784 2 years ago

It has to hit the target and then richocet up the ramp to lock a ball.

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wow, any tips on how to hit that beyond luck?

#10786 2 years ago

Practise? I just fire it up there as often as i can. Every now and then one goes up. If you miss you hit the spinner and get to do it again anyway.

#10787 2 years ago

Yes you have to hit the target and have it ricochet up the ramp. You get credit when the ball passes opto here in pic

PXL_20211014_001237201~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20211014_001237201~2 (resized).jpg
#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Yes you have to hit the target and have it ricochet up the ramp. You get credit when the ball passes opto here in pic [quoted image]

And.... it can't happen too slowly with a slow roller up the ramp or you won't get credit.

#10789 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

And.... it can't happen too slowly with a slow roller up the ramp or you won't get credit.

After a couple good fingerings, I conclude within half a second.

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Received a great mod from Luc in Switzerland last week. Installation was less than two minutes, which is my kind of mod. This is a side-by-side comparison of the two Katana handles. Night-and-day between what Luc made and what Stern provided.
I ordered two! The dark blue is installed, and the light blue (foreground) is next up on my Prem.
[quoted image]

Where did you get this from please? I got one from mezel mods and it was terrible, really bad 3d printing with terrible layer adhesion.

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Here's the most satisfying shot in the game (red arrows, kinda hard to see. Right flipper off side of left ramp, off snikt)....and takes absolutely no luck at all! lol
dp snikt (resized).jpgdp snikt (resized).jpg

#10792 2 years ago

How confident is everyone feeling about getting their machine this January for all those who ordered one?

#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How confident is everyone feeling about getting there machine this January for all those who ordered one?

Not too confident here.

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How confident is everyone feeling about getting their machine this January for all those who ordered one?

If mine pushes to January I won’t buy it for the increased price. My distributor still says the run is planned for December (I would be surprised if it’s built in December).

I owned the pro and Le. I’m willing to be patient but I’ll add a prem down the road. It’s my wife’s favorite pin

#10795 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If mine pushes to January I won’t buy it for the increased price. My distributor still says the run is planned for December (I would be surprised if it’s built in December).
I owned the pro and Le. I’m willing to be patient but I’ll add a prem down the road. It’s my wife’s favorite pin

Just curious, why did you get rid of the LE?

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Just curious, why did you get rid of the LE?

My wife and I like the side art on the premium a lot. Some one local wanted my LE so we were ok with selling knowing I can a premium later

#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My wife and I like the side art on the premium a lot. Some one local wanted my LE so we were ok with selling knowing I can a premium later

Yeah I'm in on a Premium as well. The side art looks sick on it! Going to have to move things around so when it gets in my house so I can actually see it and not have it blocked by my other machines.

#10798 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

It’s basically the same shot as the Wolverine spinner off the left flipper, just delay your timing slightly. If the shot isn’t perfect and doesn’t ricochet all the way up the ramp, it could come back SDTM.

It’s high risk, high reward

Thanks to Murphy’s law, I almost never hit Snikt when aiming for it, but inevitably get it when I really needed the Wolverine shot…

#10799 2 years ago

I'm so grateful for all of the advice so far! I guess I'll have to add the Snikt shot to my practice routine. I feel like I've sort of hit a wall on my progress. I'm doing much better with ball control and understanding the rules. Sometimes I can even nudge and it makes a difference. My aim is still awful, and I brick a lot of shots that puts me in danger. Either a bricked shot leads to the slings flinging the ball to the outlane before I can react, or the ball slips between the flippers. I rarely get to 100,000,000, which I consider a minimum decent score. My high score is still only 351, 768,810, which I know is not that impressive.

Can anyone share their strategy when they start a new game? What do you shoot for first? When do you go into a battle, and in what order? I feel like I go back and forth in my strategy and I'm not sure if I am prioritizing things right. Do you all try to get a Snikt constantly to get the multiplier, or does that just come as you are doing other things? Again, I am loving this game and am happy that this forum exists to help. I'm trying to avoid getting frustrated with my lack of progress!

#10800 2 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Here's the most satisfying shot in the game (red arrows, kinda hard to see. Right flipper off side of left ramp, off snikt)....and takes absolutely no luck at all! lol
[quoted image]

The arrows actually do help! I think I need a strategy guide full of pictures and arrows to help me practice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.