(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 326.
#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Mystery solved! I think your machine must have this music replacement code installed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-
Do your whole family a favor and take it back to stock. The stock code is a masterpiece, and it really doesn't get any more "adult" than some "balls" innuendos and maybe an "ass" or two.

Deadpool is one of the few games I would have zero interest in replacing the music/songs or callouts on, it is awesome as-is from Stern!

#10702 2 years ago

They can't ask for more money if you've paid in full or even a deposit surely. Unless your order changes.

#10703 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

That’s Nobody Speak by DJ Shadow/Run the Jewels. Never heard it in DP, but that’s definitely the song.

#10704 2 years ago

Debating between Pro and premium. Question: Does the disco ball mod ( Lermods) or any other, compare to the premium ball in regards to effect? I saw one video where it looked like it spun a little rough.

#10705 2 years ago

Haven't seen good reports of it posted. mostly say it's not worth it.

#10706 2 years ago

Boom!

20211001_173318 (resized).jpg20211001_173318 (resized).jpg
#10707 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Debating between Pro and premium. Question: Does the disco ball mod ( Lermods) or any other, compare to the premium ball in regards to effect? I saw one video where it looked like it spun a little rough.

There is another thread with a hack for that Discoball so that it does not pulse like it would out of the box. I think in one of the later code updates it changed how the Disco light was lit and changed from being constantly on in that mode to pulsing. So that causes the disco ball to pulse and not continuously rotate without some additional hardware I think.

So in a word, no the mod(s) do not replicate the same disco ball as in the Prem.

Here is that thread I mentioned above with a hack/fix for the Lermod one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-disco-ball-mod-mod-to-fix-for-new-code

#10708 2 years ago

Getting a little better!

220BFB00-1BA0-4FEC-919E-E35998A39F89 (resized).jpeg220BFB00-1BA0-4FEC-919E-E35998A39F89 (resized).jpeg
#10709 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Premium is the only way to go. Seriously. I played the pro when it came out. Seemed bland and not much going on. Then played the premium and total game changer. No pun intended. It’s well worth the cost for the extra shots, drop targets and so on. You won’t be disappointed.

#10710 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Go premium. You get ramp diverter, disco, figures vs butyrate, and drop targets. I think the ramp diverter and the drop targets add more to the game than most people realize

#10711 2 years ago

2yrs without a single cleaning. Not even a wipedown in 2,000 games. All settings set to easiest. So many free balls lol. Left coil stop completely disintegrated. Post sleeves splitting. Wolverine spinner hadn't worked in entire 2yrs he owned it (fixed it while I was at his house lol. Just reseated the connector)
Doesn't need much
She'll be good as new come Monday

20211001_205621 (resized).jpg20211001_205621 (resized).jpg

-clean
-clean again
-replace post sleeves
-new balls
-replace coil stops
-install art blades
-install shaker
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit
-install pinmonk mode brackets
-install titans
-install pinnovators sub kit
-play until my fingers hurt

#10712 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Premium is the only way to go. Seriously. I played the pro when it came out. Seemed bland and not much going on. Then played the premium and total game changer. No pun intended. It’s well worth the cost for the extra shots, drop targets and so on. You won’t be disappointed.

Bad advice here. The premium is not the only way to go and the pro is definitely not bland. You won’t be disappointed with either that you choose.

#10713 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Yes, the Pro was bland when it came out not because of an inferior design, but due to very premature code. I didn't like the game initially either, now I feel it is a masterpiece. Pro is more than enough game, but if you can afford the Premium then go for it. Either flavor on this title is great IMHO.

#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Bad advice here. The premium is not the only way to go and the pro is definitely not bland. You won’t be disappointed with either that you choose.

I agree with you. The pro plays great. I do think the premium is better though and worth the upgrade if you have the cash because DP is one of the greatest. This being said for buying purposes for NIB if I had a choice I would lean Prem. For HUO purchase I would get either pro or Prem which ever comes up at a fair price semi local from me. That’s what I did with my DP purchase and the stars aligned and I got a Prem. Now it seems the stars have to align to get anything anymore.

The pro is solid. I wouldn’t kick the pro out of bed.

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I agree with you. The pro plays great. I do think the premium is better though and worth the upgrade if you have the cash because DP is one of the greatest. This being said for buying purposes for NIB if I had a choice I would lean Prem. For HUO purchase I would get either pro or Prem which ever comes up at a fair price semi local from me. That’s what I did with my DP purchase and the stars aligned and I got a Prem. Now it seems the stars have to align to get anything anymore.
The pro is solid. I wouldn’t kick the pro out of bed.

DP suffer from the problem as Iron Maiden to me. The premium doesn't necessarily have enough to justify the upgrade but what put the nail in the coffin when I was deciding pro vs premium is that I really like the art package on both pro models and really dislike the art package on the premiums. I have a 1 storey home so I see my games all day.

#10716 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

2yrs without a single cleaning. Not even a wipedown in 2,000 games. All settings set to easiest. So many free balls lol. Left coil stop completely disintegrated. Post sleeves splitting. Wolverine spinner hadn't worked in entire 2yrs he owned it (fixed it while I was at his house lol. Just reseated the connector)
Doesn't need much
[quoted image]
-clean
-clean again
-replace post sleeves
-new balls
-replace coil stops
-install art blades
-install shaker
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit
-install pinmonk mode brackets
-install titans
-install pinnovators sub kit
-play until my fingers hurt

Pinball abuse

#10717 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

DP suffer from the problem as Iron Maiden to me. The premium doesn't necessarily have enough to justify the upgrade but what put the nail in the coffin when I was deciding pro vs premium is that I really like the art package on both pro models and really dislike the art package on the premiums. I have a 1 storey home so I see my games all day.

Oh IMDN and DP PROS are great.

My main point was right now we pretty much don’t have a choice of pro or Prem because of not many HUO for sale and dealers are sold out. Stern is doing a run of them and the dealers are selling out their preorder spots also.

On NIB’s coming out I still don’t understand if the prices are going up to Godzilla pricing next year or not??
Not sure. Hope not

#10718 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I sure hope you mean 100M, not 100K.

Lol, yeah, 100M.

#10719 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

This Stern backlog thing is very frustrating!Paid in full months ago on 3 machines,delay delay,delay. July came and went,now we have price increases coming?Not my problem man,how about I get interest on my money? Don’t think I will do this again,and we will see what happens when they ask me for more money.
Dead pool premium was one of the games,still waiting on accessories that are paid for as well.

How is this a delay? These runs get scheduled ~9+mos in advance. The last scheduled run (for Prem anyway) was last spring (April/early May), before your pre-order. The next run wasn’t scheduled until this December.

If someone told you to expect your preorder earlier (and took the full price as downpayment!), then they lied and you may want to find a new distributor.

#10720 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Oh IMDN and DP PROS are great.
My main point was right now we pretty much don’t have a choice of pro or Prem because of not many HUO for sale and dealers are sold out. Stern is doing a run of them and the dealers are selling out their preorder spots also.
On NIB’s coming out I still don’t understand if the prices are going up to Godzilla pricing next year or not??
Not sure. Hope not

I'm pretty certain that multiple sources have confirmed that prices are going up to Godzilla level prices as of Jan 1.

#10721 2 years ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

I'm pretty certain that multiple sources have confirmed that prices are going up to Godzilla level prices as of Jan 1.

This is correct.

#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

How is this a delay? These runs get scheduled ~9+mos in advance. The last scheduled run (for Prem anyway) was last spring (April/early May), before your pre-order. The next run wasn’t scheduled until this December.
If someone told you to expect your preorder earlier (and took the full price as downpayment!), then they lied and you may want to find a new distributor.

You are right,the Dead pool i paid for was a December or 2022 production run. The other machines I paid for were supposed to be made and got pushed to “whenever “. It’s just frustrating to pay for accessories and machines and not know when they are coming. I also don’t know if the sale price I paid for on DP will be honored,or I will get a price increase bill.

#10723 2 years ago

A week into ownership and my kids have never spent so much time downstairs playing pinball. I asked my eldest why and he said because Deadpool is his favourite. I asked him why again - after all Metallica and IMDN and Tron are sitting right next to it. "It's just Fun" was his reply. BOOM! Enough said, he's right!

20210926_125538 (resized).jpg20210926_125538 (resized).jpg20210926_151825 (resized).jpg20210926_151825 (resized).jpg
#10724 2 years ago
Quoted from db666: "It's just Fun" was his reply. BOOM! Enough said, he's right![quoted image][quoted image]

It’s really this simple. Some folks will never figure it out.

#10725 2 years ago

People that own the official Stern topper… is it worth it?

#10726 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

JJ told me last week that a new run of the DP topper was coming down the line. They are up for pre-order on the GEX site.

Currently coming down the line? Or due to go on the line? Reason I ask is I heard about the toppers months back from GG after asking him on Instagram but since then all I’ve heard from the distributor I am speaking to was august now it has been delayed again?

#10727 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-clean (check)
-clean again (check)
-replace post sleeves (check)
-new balls (check)
-replace coil stops (check)
-install art blades (check)
-install shaker (check)
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit (check)
-install pinmonk mode brackets (check)
-install titans (check...mostly)
-install pinnovators sub kit (check)
-play until my fingers hurt (in progress)

-install plastic protectors (check)
I also swapped out the red GI for White and think it makes a huge difference. Mando red worked but I wasn't liking the DP red.
Poor game was so neglected but is better than new now.
20211003_121551 (resized).jpg20211003_121551 (resized).jpg

#10728 2 years ago

Should there be a rubber in the post inside the colossus turn around? I'm assuming no?

#10729 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Should there be a rubber in the post inside the colossus turn around? I'm assuming no?

Mine doesn’t have one. Haven’t seen one on others who shared photos.

#10730 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No. Also from the factory - no rubbers on the posts between inlane and outlanes on DP.

#10731 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-install plastic protectors (check)
I also swapped out the red GI for White and think it makes a huge difference. Mando red worked but I wasn't liking the DP red.
Poor game was so neglected but is better than new now.
[quoted image]

Needs sling spots to light up that dark middle. Looks good though.

#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Needs sling spots to light up that dark middle. Looks good though.

One of those new Stern aprons with the LED holes in them would be perfect, use some comet matrix led boards and it’s factory.

#10733 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Currently coming down the line? Or due to go on the line? Reason I ask is I heard about the toppers months back from GG after asking him on Instagram but since then all I’ve heard from the distributor I am speaking to was august now it has been delayed again?

Yeah, found the post from about 4-5 months ago about the pre orders....I mean, as long as they do them I don't mind waiting. I won't have the pin till next year anyway. But curious if the same pre order timeline that's on the GEX page was there from earlier as well

#10734 2 years ago

The lit drops light up that area nicely.(from Mezel) But spots would be nice and are very cheap from Comet.

PXL_20211003_212803168 (resized).jpgPXL_20211003_212803168 (resized).jpg

#10735 2 years ago

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?
(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

What cracks me up is that nearly 5 months and well over 1000 games into owning it, I still somehow hear the occasional new callout. (Though it's been a while.)
But yeah. Mystery apparently solved already, but this was a giant WTF post. "Man, I gotta pay attention to that Boom rap more."

Quoted from maffewl:

Agreed. Never heard this. I think the game is pretty tame even in adult settings and I’m a person that doesn’t cuss.

Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s Nobody Speak by DJ Shadow/Run the Jewels. Never heard it in DP, but that’s definitely the song.

Its the movie soundtrack mod and yeah Nobody Speak is one of the songs. The original soundtrack is great but the replacement songs really spice things up. You also get DMX and some other goodies. Not all the stock music is replaced either so all the best stuff is still in the game. Its a better music package than stock IMO

#10736 2 years ago

Mystery solved! I think your machine must have this music replacement code installed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-
Do your whole family a favor and take it back to stock. The stock code is a masterpiece, and it really doesn't get any more "adult" than some "balls" innuendos and maybe an "ass" or two.

That's it!

I bought it used so it was loaded this way. The music is great, I love it. But imagine my wife's face when she came back to me upstairs and reminded me that I didn't set it to kid-friendly at our 7 year old's birthday party. I swore I did. But now, I know. Thanks a lot!!! LOL

#10737 2 years ago

The Deadpool lighted flipper mod has just been posted at http://www.Arcademade.com

Kits for other games are also available by request beyond what is shown there.

Stern - Deadpool AJ 1 (resized).jpgStern - Deadpool AJ 1 (resized).jpg
#10738 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeAction:

The Deadpool lighted flipper mod has just been posted at http://www.Arcademade.com
Kits for other games are also available by request beyond what is shown there.[quoted image]

Want one can't buy one.

#10739 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Want one can't buy one.

Got it figured out, thanks

#10740 2 years ago

Received a great mod from Luc in Switzerland last week. Installation was less than two minutes, which is my kind of mod. This is a side-by-side comparison of the two Katana handles. Night-and-day between what Luc made and what Stern provided.

I ordered two! The dark blue is installed, and the light blue (foreground) is next up on my Prem.

IMG_20211004_213052713 (resized).jpgIMG_20211004_213052713 (resized).jpg
#10741 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I sure hope you mean 100M, not 100K.

I think you get 100K for just plugging the game in

#10742 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I think you get 100K for just plugging the game in

Haha, yeah, I was a bit brain dead when I posted. Although 100k sounds about right for my first couple of games

#10743 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Haha, yeah, I was a bit brain dead when I posted. Although 100k sounds about right for my first couple of games

Man I can score a billion on the game yet still have frequent ball one where my bonus is a whopping.... 10 points!

#10744 2 years ago

I just added a poor man’s topper, and set a new GC my first game up. I think the sword might be lucky!

The katana is foam, so pretty light weight and no risk of falling damage.
SparkFoam 39" Foam Samurai Sword (1) + Plastic Scabbard Bundle (1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HMBBC2V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WKK6PVG8NJG14C6HE3FD

76DBFBEB-1EF7-44FC-82F0-2E81F68A4358 (resized).jpeg76DBFBEB-1EF7-44FC-82F0-2E81F68A4358 (resized).jpegD1AFBC66-245D-4805-B244-FEF2915C01DA (resized).jpegD1AFBC66-245D-4805-B244-FEF2915C01DA (resized).jpeg
#10745 2 years ago

I can't micro flip on my left Deadpool flipper but works fairly OK on the right flipper. What part is usually the problem when the flipper sensitivity isn't there to micro flip? It's not because of my poor skills as I can do it fine on other pins like Jurassic Park etc.

#10746 2 years ago

Replace the coil stop would be my first try, cheap and easy to do

#10747 2 years ago

Should I be able to backhand the left ramp?

#10748 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Should I be able to backhand the left ramp?

I can from a trap. It rattles a bit, but usually can make the shot. Just not as smoothly as from the right.

#10749 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I can't micro flip on my left Deadpool flipper but works fairly OK on the right flipper. What part is usually the problem when the flipper sensitivity isn't there to micro flip? It's not because of my poor skills as I can do it fine on other pins like Jurassic Park etc.

Also try to gap your flipper button leaf switches to be matching.

#10750 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:It’s really this simple. Some folks will never figure it out.

I try to explain this to my friend who has IM & JP in his collection. I have no argument that those two are "better" games, but Deadpool is just so damn fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 64.99
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/215?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.