(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 326.
#10501 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I only have a Pro.
I think if you are trained to shoot that loop it could be very repetitive on the premium . Can someone with a premium tell, does it always loops or does it sometimes stop the ball on the left loop,that it fall in to the bumpers?
I have a Supermario bros and it's the same there if you know how to shoot that loop you do it over and over again to get a lot of points. I think it's a bigger challenge when you do not now how exactly the ball will come down. But I would like to have the drop targets
I prefer the pro cabinet over the premium.
If the premium had the pro cabinet I had decided to go with the premium. But that's only my opinion.

I totally agree the pro art is better. The gate will drop during different times and drop the ball into the pops. For example when you battle Sabertooth it will drop it into the pops instead of looping all the way around.

#10502 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Why do you think you are having more fun?

It’s faster with the stand up targets vs. drops and I like that it’s quicker to get disco multiball! Plus I missed it a lot

#10503 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Thank you for that huge compliment.
It makes all the work worth it.

Well done!

#10504 2 years ago

Thanks and I Still work on to get it even more interesting. I know Led does not always do it better but I like it. check the upgrade out here

Still in the working and I am not sure if I want to sell this. I do not want to be involved if someone's pin gets damaged because there is a bigger error possibility when they do a wrong instalation on electrical stuff.

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I totally agree the pro art is better. The gate will drop during different times and drop the ball into the pops. For example when you battle Sabertooth it will drop it into the pops instead of looping all the way around.

The Premium is the finished machine.
The Pro really misses something without the disco loop ramp.
Artwork on Premium is imo even better then on the Pro. But tot have to see it in person, photos don't do it justice.

#10506 2 years ago

anyone know the rubber sleeve post size you need below lil deadpool? these are the red rubber sleeves at the gate of lil deadpool. the oweners manual does not give a size.

#10507 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone know the rubber sleeve post size you need below lil deadpool? these are the red rubber sleeves at the gate of lil deadpool. the oweners manual does not give a size.

These do not come with the rubber kits and are hard to find With Aerosmith I took my old ones to an auto parts place and found vacuum hose the same size and cut to fit. This was easy as it was black. It's going to be much more difficult finding red .

#10508 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

1-1/16" Post Sleeve. Pinball Life has the thinner Stern version as well. Their Perfect Play version come in colors. I use the regular size. Super Bands are a little pricier, but will take the abuse longer in my opinion and also come in colors (translucent).

#10509 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

1-1/16" Post Sleeve. Pinball Life has the thinner Stern version as well. Their Perfect Play version come in colors. I use the regular size. Super Bands are a little pricier, but will take the abuse longer in my opinion and also come in colors (translucent).

Thanks for that info.

#10510 2 years ago

Would this game be considered a family friendly/clean language pin?

#10511 2 years ago
Quoted from RadDad247:

I would say its rated PG. I think only the most uptight parents would have issue with anything in this game. Its not like the movie, very family friendly for the most part.

#10512 2 years ago
Quoted from RadDad247:

You can change it in settings, adult vs kid friendly

#10513 2 years ago
Quoted from RadDad247:

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

You can change it in settings, adult vs kid friendly

And the Adult setting is probably what you would think of as being the Kids setting for most things. Very mild, usually making fun, no cussing.

#10514 2 years ago

There’s a few ball jokes that only older kids would get and dad would find funny. The language is PG at worst with some animated violence in the video.

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

And the Adult setting is probably what you would think of as being the Kids setting for most things. Very mild, usually making fun, no cussing.

I was sort of disappointed that the adult mode wasn’t just a bit more ‘adult’. I wasn’t expecting f-bombs or anything but I was expecting a little stronger language. That being said I understand why Mr. Gomez chose to keep it PG-13, and it was definitely the right way to go.

#10516 2 years ago
Quoted from RadDad247:

I got six balls for ya baby

#10517 2 years ago

5X and mechsuit call outs never felt so good.

FEA62C46-FBC2-4F44-AF19-AE04D08C1E92 (resized).jpegFEA62C46-FBC2-4F44-AF19-AE04D08C1E92 (resized).jpeg
#10518 2 years ago

I've never loved red powder coating on the Premium. What are people's thoughts on these color choices as I think I am somewhat limited on the t-molding options.
1. Bright blue t-molding but do a brighter purple powder coating to match the gums of the shark.
2. Purple everything matching the purple t-molding
3. Dark blue everything matching the dark blue t-molding
4. Bright green everything matching the bright green t-molding.

Personally I think I'm liking the purple or dark blue...

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 10.49.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-13 at 10.49.27 AM (resized).png
#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I've never loved red powder coating on the Premium. What are people's thoughts on these color choices as I think I am somewhat limited on the t-molding options.
1. Bright blue t-molding but do a brighter purple powder coating to match the gums of the shark.
[quoted image]

Second option looks best to me. Not a fan of the green on this game personally.

#10520 2 years ago

Oddly, the purple looks best. Green looks awful unless it's on GB.

#10521 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Oddly, the purple looks best. Green looks awful unless it's on GB or TMNT.

#10522 2 years ago

I personally like the dark blue (#3) best, but #2 also looks good.

#10523 2 years ago

I believe I'm having snikkt issues. After playing a Pro at my local spot I hit their snikkt and it seemed easier to register than mine. Also it redirected the ball up the ramp on the left. My snikkt shot jumps off the target and the ball lands on the back rail leading to the katana lock. Should I adjust the target slightly?

#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from wohldmad:

I believe I'm having snikkt issues. After playing a Pro at my local spot I hit their snikkt and it seemed easier to register than mine. Also it redirected the ball up the ramp on the left. My snikkt shot jumps off the target and the ball lands on the back rail leading to the katana lock. Should I adjust the target slightly?

Most definitely. It's supposed to get directed up the ramp. Search the thread or check the key posts - there's tons of pics of how it's supposed to look, etc.

#10525 2 years ago

I did my pro in purple and purple.

dp15 (resized).jpgdp15 (resized).jpg

#10526 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

[quoted image]

Dark blue is my favorite

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

[quoted image]

I think brigth blue would be very nice if you would do the powder coating the same color.
Just can't tell if it bites with the playfield
Would be unique.
Screenshot_20210914_093114_com.inglesdivino.changecolor_edit_4142216187387.jpgScreenshot_20210914_093114_com.inglesdivino.changecolor_edit_4142216187387.jpg

#10528 2 years ago

That's one word for it.

#10529 2 years ago

Way too much of any color is generally not great. That is too much blue to me.

#10530 2 years ago

I think all those colors look bad tbh and the purple pro looks horrendous. Just stick with the black IMO

#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Way too much of any color is generally not great. That is too much blue to me.

Agreed, and why I went in another direction entirely. Posted before but this is what Robert Stone did for me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486
Armor received and installed, but currently awaiting for the DBA plate to come back from Pinnovators. (They'll very graciously swap headphone kit components over to powdercoated parts free of charge.) Should finally have pics of another option for anyone considering colors.

Quoted from Haymaker:

I think all those colors look bad tbh and the purple pro looks horrendous. Just stick with the black IMO

The purple works way better that I would expect it to for what my dumb opinion is worth, but see above. I wanted a hint of blue due to the cabinet art, but basically went with a mostly black powder coat.

Shit would be a whole lot cheaper if premiums just came with powder coating like the Star Treks and AC/DCs did, damn it. Or if I wasn't such a fan of how it feels under my hands.

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Agreed, and why I went in another direction entirely. Posted before but this is what Robert Stone did for me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486
Armor received and installed, but currently awaiting for the DBA plate to come back from Pinnovators. (They'll very graciously swap headphone kit components over to powdercoated parts free of charge.) Should finally have pics of another option for anyone considering colors.

The purple works way better that I would expect it to for what my dumb opinion is worth, but see above. I wanted a hint of blue due to the cabinet art, but basically went with a mostly black powder coat.
Shit would be a whole lot cheaper if premiums just came with powder coating like the Star Treks and AC/DCs did, damn it. Or if I wasn't such a fan of how it feels under my hands.

what about a black powdercoat with blue flake?

#10533 2 years ago

The plastic above my scoop snapped, likely due to an air ball during multiball. Clearly this area gets hit a lot on my machine because a ball got wedged under the plastic last night during ninja multiball.

What's the best adhesive to fix it? J-B Weld? Gorilla super glue?

IMG-2865 (resized).jpgIMG-2865 (resized).jpg
#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

what about a black powdercoat with blue flake?

That's essentially what I've had done. The base is some sort of really dark blue I believe, but from most angles it looks entirely black. At the right angle or in brighter light - the blue flake becomes really obvious. Worked out pretty much as I had hoped.

Just got an email from pinnovators - DBA plate done and on the way back. I'll post some pics when it arrives and gets installed.

#10535 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I know this is asked all the time but...
Has anyone here upgraded from a Pro to a Premium and if so was it worth it?
Has anyone downgraded from a Premium to a Pro and if so do you regret it?
I have a Pro which I LOVE. I'm very confident that it is a keeper for me. My issue is I have an opportunity to upgrade and I'm really struggling with the decision. I know I will love the disco loop as it adds a lot to the flow. The drops are nice but not the selling point for me. It is all about those loops!

Funnily enough, I've had my PRO for about 2 years now (first NIB I ever owned) and I just upgraded to the Premium. Had them both for about a month...lol.

The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted to try something new on the game. I've improved my skills to the point of finishing the game (once, mind you) and I still LOVE the game a lot so I figured that getting the premium was like watching the "Director's Cut" of a favorite movie of mine. I realize it's not exactly the same, but that's the analogy I'd make.

I actually love the artwork/translite on all 3 models (ZombieYeti or Die!) so that was fun to upgrade, just to see something different in my game room.

In terms of actual gameplay, I've been playing for a couple of days now and essentially the 2 MAIN differences are: the LOOP shot via the left orbit which is pretty kickass I will say (this also comes with an added "bonus mode" called DISCO LOOPS which I had never experienced before) as well as the actual DISCO BALL, which you can also purchase as a MOD for the PRO, although it's not exactly the same. Oh and I like the red wire form ramp as well...

I do NOT like the drop targets in the PREMIUM so far, as the balls seems to get "stuck" in there sometimes (for a split second) and then gets spit out and is hard to handle, so that's not cool. I much prefer the stand-up targets in the PRO.

In the end, I don't regret the upgrade because I like the new art on the game, dig the DISCO BALL and the new left orbit shot, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to take the PREMIUM over the PRO because the differences are not a lot and not really worth the difference in price, imho.

Oh, I also noticed that since the PREMIUM was built on May 4th, 2021, it's a lot more solid, as in the SCOOP seems to suck in everything in its path, the SNIKT shot is even better on this one and the roll-down from LIL DEADPOOL goes more to my left flipper than it did before, but I imagine these are all areas that Stern has probably improved on since I purchased my PRO back in late 2018.

#10536 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Funnily enough, I've had my PRO for about 2 years now (first NIB I ever owned) and I just upgraded to the Premium. Had them both for about a month...lol.
The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted to try something new on the game. I've improved my skills to the point of finishing the game (once, mind you) and I still LOVE the game a lot so I figured that getting the premium was like watching the "Director's Cut" of a favorite movie of mine. I realize it's not exactly the same, but that's the analogy I'd make.
I actually love the artwork/translite on all 3 models (ZombieYeti or Die!) so that was fun to upgrade, just to see something different in my game room.
In terms of actual gameplay, I've been playing for a couple of days now and essentially the 2 MAIN differences are: the LOOP shot via the left orbit which is pretty kickass I will say (this also comes with an added "bonus mode" called DISCO LOOPS which I had never experienced before) as well as the actual DISCO BALL, which you can also purchase as a MOD for the PRO, although it's not exactly the same. Oh and I like the red wire form ramp as well...
I do NOT like the drop targets in the PREMIUM so far, as the balls seems to get "stuck" in there sometimes (for a split second) and then gets spit out and is hard to handle, so that's not cool. I much prefer the stand-up targets in the PRO.
In the end, I don't regret the upgrade because I like the new art on the game, dig the DISCO BALL and the new left orbit shot, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to take the PREMIUM over the PRO because the differences are not a lot and not really worth the difference in price, imho.
Oh, I also noticed that since the PREMIUM was built on May 4th, 2021, it's a lot more solid, as in the SCOOP seems to suck in everything in its path, the SNIKT shot is even better on this one and the roll-down from LIL DEADPOOL goes more to my left flipper than it did before, but I imagine these are all areas that Stern has probably improved on since I purchased my PRO back in late 2018.

Thanks for the detailed write-up! Yeah my pro was routed so I know I want to upgrade it and get a nicer version. I agree that the drops may not actually be better than the standup targets but I think I might be a real sucker for that loop shot.

#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Thank you, for taking the time to write this up. I pained pro vs premium before deciding to pull the trigger on a pro in July slated for the December 2021 production run. Some people will disagree with you, but it is so is nice to hear the thoughts of someone that has purchased both pins. Well done!

#10538 2 years ago

Community announcement: The Merc with the Mouth callouts are even funnier after the 3rd brewski.

242269709_10158876978974079_9061892214634447005_n (resized).jpg242269709_10158876978974079_9061892214634447005_n (resized).jpg
#10539 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

Community announcement: The Merc with the Mouth callouts are even funnier after the 3rd brewski.
[quoted image]

I'll try that... as painful as it is for me to cut back.

#10540 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'll try that... as painful as it is for me to cut back.

No need for foolishness, just have a couple of games on the WAY to 25 or 30.

#10541 2 years ago

So like a number of people in here, I have a deposit down on the next run of Deadpool Premiums. But after seeing the Godzilla reveal yesterday… holy hell… what a pin… what to do?!

Is anyone else in the same boat, wondering whether to jump ship??

#10542 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So like a number of people in here, I have a deposit down on the next run of Deadpool Premiums. But after seeing the Godzilla reveal yesterday… holy hell… what a pin… what to do?!

Don’t do it …. Deadpool is a proven winner and an amazing pin! It’s just not the shiny new penny ….

#10543 2 years ago

If you want a game that is fun to play and has great call outs, great Zombie Yeti art work, and just plain great entertainment, stick with DP. If you want a game that just 'kicks your ass', is always challenging and frustrating but has Zombie Yeti's usual great art work, consider Godzilla because I am sure it is very much like his JP and AIQ games that I have. In fact, Godzilla very much resembles those games. I think Elwin games are very good but also very difficult. So, laugh and have fun or gnash your teeth. The choice is yours. Just imho. Good luck.

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If you want a game that is fun to play and has great call outs, great Zombie Yeti art work, and just plain great entertainment, stick with DP. If you want a game that just 'kicks your ass', is always challenging and frustrating but has Zombie Yeti's usual great art work, consider Godzilla because I am sure it is very much like his JP and AIQ games that I have. In fact, Godzilla very much resembles those games. I think Elwin games are very good but also very difficult. So, laugh and have fun or gnash your teeth. The choice is yours. Just imho. Good luck.

I do love ass kicking games. Quicksilver, JP and Rick & Morty cop more play than any others at home. I've been looking for a DP for ages, for exactly the reasons you've mentioned above. Most likely a case of the shiny new object, however for the same price, it's hard not to be impressed by the absolutely loaded Godzilla.

The more I watch the stream, the more I think DP is the right one. I think it'll likely compliment my line up more.

#10545 2 years ago

I saw the stream and was very impressed with the tower, bridge and rotating targets on the right, but I’m holding on to my DP pro order. Better music, better call outs, fun progressive gameplay and a theme that’s overall more appealing and fun to me.

#10546 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I saw the stream and was very impressed with the tower, bridge and rotating targets on the right, but I’m holding on to my DP pro order. Better music, better call outs, fun progressive gameplay and a theme that’s overall more appealing and fun to me.

I think what you’ve said is the key to Deadpool. It’s just so much damn fun! Godzilla does have a bit of a serious tone about it which may become a little draining.

#10547 2 years ago

Deadpool is loads of fun. I'll let you know about GZ in 3 weeks or so.

#10548 2 years ago

I think what you’ve said is the key to Deadpool. It’s just so much damn fun! Godzilla does have a bit of a serious tone about it which may become a little draining.

Also, highly unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Elwin’s games - they’re far too fussy for my taste. The creativity of the layouts and engineering is fantastic, but they rely way too much on shot accuracy and are far too much work to be enjoyable. I play for fun and to progress a story towards a wizard mode, rather than going for scores. My impression is that his sole focus is to design games for high-pressure tournament play, which is not my thing.

I look forward to your downvotes.

#10549 2 years ago

I'm troubleshooting an issue with my katana lock post, and it turns out the problem is that the spring has worked its way halfway above the e-ring. Judging from the manual it looks like there should be a nylon washer in between the spring and the e-ring that I appear to be missing. Could anyone possibly verify, and is that a size I should be able to pick up at a hardware store? Thanks!

PXL_20210918_143403185 (resized).jpgPXL_20210918_143403185 (resized).jpg
#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Also, highly unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Elwin’s games - they’re far too fussy for my taste. The creativity of the layouts and engineering is fantastic, but they rely way too much on shot accuracy and are far too much work to be enjoyable. I play for fun and to progress a story towards a wizard mode, rather than going for scores. My impression is that his sole focus is to design games for high-pressure tournament play, which is not my thing.
I look forward to your downvotes.

I completely understand what you mean. I have a JP and I do get burnout from it on occasion. It’s a fkn brilliant pin in so many ways, but it’s incredibly intense. I’ll often need a few games of WCS94 afterwards to reduce my blood pressure.I can see Deadpool offering a similar levity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.