(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 326.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

My LE was exactly the same. Not really worried about it because I don't really think I'll be switching to the plastics.

Thank you for the confirm.

#952 5 years ago

Anyone else had a powersupply issue after just 4 days. There is a DP LE on location here I was going to play. But it already broke down. The operator does not know much about pinball machines. So i helped him diagnosing the issue. It turned out to be a broken powersupply. I’m just curious if it is a known issue with DP or most likely a bad part.

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else had a powersupply issue after just 4 days. There is a DP LE on location here I was going to play. But it already broke down. The operator does not know much about pinball machines. So i helped him diagnosing the issue. It turned out to be a broken powersupply. I’m just curious if it is a known issue with DP or most likely a bad part.

That would be a standard part on all current Sterns, and I've never heard of it happening so definitely one of those fluke problems. It would still be under warranty.

#954 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else had a power supply issue after just 4 days. There is a DP LE on location here I was going to play. But it already broke down. The operator does not know much about pinball machines. I helped him diagnosing the issue. It turned out to be a broken power supply. I’m just curious if it is a known issue with DP or most likely a bad part.

So I did some further investigation. I installed a known working powersupply, the game won't boot... installed a known working power distribution board... the game won't boot... installed a known working CPU Node... game still won't boot... Of course, we checked the fuse and power switch...
FINALLY figured it out. The game does boot with power cable cabinet node 1 unplugged! Does this mean we have a bad Node1? Does one broken board shut down the whole game? Is this some sort of fail protection? I don't have much experience with the spike hardware.

#955 5 years ago

When you say won't boot, do you mean the game won't power up or won't play a game.

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

When you say won't boot, do you mean the game won't power up or won't play a game.

Sorry. It wont power up.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

So I did some further investigation. I installed a known working powersupply, the game won't boot... installed a known working power distribution board... the game won't boot... installed a known working CPU Node... game still won't boot... Of course, we checked the fuse and power switch...
FINALLY figured it out. The game does boot with power cable cabinet node 1 unplugged! Does this mean we have a bad Node1? Does one broken board shut down the whole game? Is this some sort of fail protection? I don't have much experience with the spike hardware.

Highly recommend you call Stern tomorrow during normal business hours. Chas or someone else will be glad to help.

CEA33CE2-9FC6-4FB4-B308-3CCFFEDE344B (resized).jpegCEA33CE2-9FC6-4FB4-B308-3CCFFEDE344B (resized).jpeg
#958 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Highly recommend you call Stern tomorrow during normal business hours. Chas or someone else will be glad to help. [quoted image]

Agree.

You may have found a problem that will help all current and future owners of these systems.

Call Stern, thx

#959 5 years ago

A couple people, including myself had this problem and needed to unplug the machine for a couple minutes and then plug it back in. I don't know what this does, but the problem never came back.

#960 5 years ago

The local DP on route showed a 'verifying image' progress bar during bootup the other day. It took probably 20 minutes to complete. I've never seen this on any of my Spike2 games before.

Rob

#961 5 years ago

Got a fair few games in on mine now, and a few questions.

Updated code to 0.95 and it reset all the scores to high values - GC was set at 300,000,000 (manual says 75,000,000 is GC score) - anyone had that?

I'm also getting a lot of air balls, more so than other machines. Several bounced up and hit the glass which makes a scary noise! Also, about five times this evening the ball got launched form the left slingshot over the right slings and directly into the shooter lane! I've turned the slings down (from 32 to 20) but it happened again after - just wondering what everyone else has them set at?

Also, I've played a fair few games and I cannot figure out how to get an extra ball, anyone care to give me a hint?!

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Also, I've played a fair few games and I cannot figure out how to get an extra ball, anyone care to give me a hint?!

According to the readme, in 0.95 you only get Extra Ball lit by completing both quests. They removed the EB tied to the number of weapons you obtain. I’ve never gotten an EB in 0.95, just reporting what it said in the readme file. I don’t know if there’s any other way to get one as the code stands now.

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The local DP on route showed a 'verifying image' progress bar during bootup the other day. It took probably 20 minutes to complete. I've never seen this on any of my Spike2 games before.
Rob

If fast boot is set to „off“ it does verify upon every boot.

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

According to the readme, in 0.95 you only get Extra Ball lit by completing both quests. They removed the EB tied to the number of weapons you obtain. I’ve never gotten an EB in 0.95, just reporting what it said in the readme file. I don’t know if there’s any other way to get one as the code stands now.

Ah, OK, progress towards an EB is usually one of my initial goals on a machine. Unusual, as on most machines the EB seems quite achievable on a reasonable proportion of games, but both quests complete is pretty tough! Looking at audits on my GoTG and Spiderman and Extra Ball is gained about 20-30%.

Is there a list anywhere of what is changed by the various 'loads' like Home Use/Easy/Medium? I couldn't find one so have left it set on factory for now.

#965 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Updated code to 0.95 and it reset all the scores to high values - GC was set at 300,000,000 (manual says 75,000,000 is GC score) - anyone had that?
I'm also getting a lot of air balls, more so than other machines. Several bounced up and hit the glass which makes a scary noise! Also, about five times this evening the ball got launched form the left slingshot over the right slings and directly into the shooter lane! I've turned the slings down (from 32 to 20) but it happened again after - just wondering what everyone else has them set at?

Yes, the update reset the default high scores to be much higher. Defaults before were too low, you could get GC on your first game stepping up to the machine. I haven't noticed any unusual airballs on mine, haven't had a ball hit the glass once, or had the left sling launch over the right so can't help there.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Got a fair few games in on mine now, and a few questions.

I initially had a lot of similar air balls (not to the glass), but from the left sling all the way to the shooter lane. I fiddled with the rubber on the slings, adjusted it a bit up and down, maybe untwisted it a little, air balls stopped.. So at least for me this is all that corrected it..

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from PoolFan:

I installed the 95 update last night and noticed two bugs. The players final score is not shown on the Match screen and after the update the high scores were reset to a much higher value (300 Mil GC) and when I changed them to lower values in setup they did not reflect the changes on the leader board. I power cycled and verified the setup and my changes were still displayed in the setup but nothing changed in the game. I emailed Stern about this.

After setting the lower levels for the high scores, you then need to choose 'reset highscores' from the menu. It will then reset to the new lower values you inputted.

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

After setting the lower levels for the high scores, you then need to choose 'reset highscores' from the menu. It will then reset to the new lower values you inputted.

That did the trick. Thank you!

#969 5 years ago

So I had a pro and upgraded to the LE and I feel I got the playfield multiplier alot more than on my LE. Has anyone adjusted theirs and found a sweet spot?

#970 5 years ago

My LE is fine, hit it three times in a row the other day. Of course I was trying to hit the Wolverine shot....

#971 5 years ago

Did anyone's pin come with a manual inside, explaining the RULES of the game? I purchased a PRO recently and the only thing inside was the machine manual, explaining the machine parts, switches and what-not, but not the actual RULES of the game.

For example, wtf is REGENERATION? I have no idea. A lot of other things too. Is there a PDF file to download or something?

#972 5 years ago

Hi all,

I find my deadpool premium very "punitive" on the outlanes... i have no rubber on the small plots between the outlanes... and i thought stern has forgotten them... but when i see photos of the pinball, sometimes there are rubbers and sometimes not...

I have put 2 rubbers and now the gameplay is more enjoyable, less punitive because the ball dont take the outlaned each times.

But you ? Do you have rubbers on the outlanes ?

Yannick

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I find my deadpool premium very "punitive" on the outlanes... i have no rubber on the small plots between the outlanes... and i thought stern has forgotten them... but when i see photos of the pinball, sometimes there are rubbers and sometimes not...
I have put 2 rubbers and now the gameplay is more enjoyable, less punitive because the ball dont take the outlaned each times.
But you ? Do you have rubbers on the outlanes ?
Yannick

On mine they were in the goodie bag. Don't think the game needs them but to each his own. Enjoy your game.

#974 5 years ago

Had a dude in a sweet Deadpool outfit was playing my DP on location tonight, too packed to take good photo.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I initially had a lot of similar air balls (not to the glass), but from the left sling all the way to the shooter lane. I fiddled with the rubber on the slings, adjusted it a bit up and down, maybe untwisted it a little, air balls stopped.. So at least for me this is all that corrected it..

What did you do with the rubber? I've moved it about, pulled and reseated it and have turned the slings power down to 15 - I did try 10 but then they pretty much do nothing.

Last night I had three balls go from the left sling back into the shooter lane, and more annoying has two balls go from the right sling, over the left wire form and into the outlane!

I just really don't know what else I can do?

Just to check, what is everyone's play field set at, pitch wise? Snikt and Katana locks were hard to hit last night and I suspect I may have moved it whilst working on the slings (or it has settled into the carpet a bit).

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

What did you do with the rubber? I've moved it about, pulled and reseated it and have turned the slings power down to 15 - I did try 10 but then they pretty much do nothing.
Last night I had three balls go from the left sling back into the shooter lane, and more annoying has two balls go from the right sling, over the left wire form and into the outlane!
Just to check, what is everyone's play field set at, pitch wise? Snikt and Katana locks were hard to hit last night and I suspect I may have moved it whilst working on the slings (or it has settled into the carpet a bit).

I was very un-scientific about it, just sort of slid the rubber up and down a very little with a game between each try. I suppose I just got lucky after the first couple of adjustments. As my left sling started more like a catapult like you described..

On the pitch. I have been adjusting it a little every couple of days, starting above 7 and last night reduced it some more.. Should be around 6.8 now, and last nights play felt pretty good (got the top 3 scores), so probably will leave it here for a while..

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I was very un-scientific about it, just sort of slid the rubber up and down a very little with a game between each try. I suppose I just got lucky after the first couple of adjustments. As my left sling started more like a catapult like you described..
On the pitch. I have been adjusting it a little every couple of days, starting above 7 and last night reduced it some more.. Should be around 6.8 now, and last nights play felt pretty good (got the top 3 scores), so probably will leave it here for a while..

OK, I'll have another play with the rubbers on the slings and check the pitch.

How are you making sure the level is straight up the play field, I'm using the 2x/5x markers, just wondering what everyone else is using?

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Did anyone's pin come with a manual inside, explaining the RULES of the game? I purchased a PRO recently and the only thing inside was the machine manual, explaining the machine parts, switches and what-not, but not the actual RULES of the game.
For example, wtf is REGENERATION? I have no idea. A lot of other things too. Is there a PDF file to download or something?

Regeneration is a left lane ball save earned by spelling DEAD and POOL.

#979 5 years ago

I put Red Titan mini rings on the three nude posts on mine,much better play! Didn't like the balls hitting bare metal,left ding marks on the Balls!!! I don't get airballs on mine!

#980 5 years ago

Awaiting next code update to add this dude...

20181030_080341 (resized).jpg20181030_080341 (resized).jpg

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Just to check, what is everyone's play field set at, pitch wise? Snikt and Katana locks were hard to hit last night and I suspect I may have moved it.

I use a clinometer app on my phone. It's a free download in the play store. Additionally, you may be able to adjust all coils to a lower level. Make sure they are not set to high. Then slowly increase your sling power. I'm not positive if this machine has that adjustment setting, but I know my ST Pro and X-Men had it.

#982 5 years ago

@cyberkryten: I've posted that in my opinion pitch is very important for this game to shoot properly.
I recently re-leveled and reduced the pitch from 7 to 6.6 degrees. This seemed to increase our right Katana ramp shots to an even higher percentage rate.
I also changed from super bands back to regular stock rubbers and found I had better ball control.
I haven't experienced much in the way of air balls so perhaps reducing pitch some more will help with that.
I use a digital level in measuring pitch and leveling my games. My friend often also uses the clinometer app on his iPad.

Now, waiting patiently for updated code to drop. Such a blast to play.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

OK, I'll have another play with the rubbers on the slings and check the pitch.
How are you making sure the level is straight up the play field, I'm using the 2x/5x markers, just wondering what everyone else is using?

Use an app for android 'Bubble Level'. Then move the phone right beteen the flippers, and up to the top of the playfield.. Depending on the phone, your camera lens may stick out a little so need to compensate for that, my current phone's camera is just about flush so no longer have to worray about that myself..

#984 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Regeneration is a left lane ball save earned by spelling DEAD and POOL.

Cool, thanks for that. Also, what is different about the QUESTS vs the BATTLES. I understand that you have to "hit the shots" for the battles, but you only have a limited time to do so, but when fighting Megalodon and T-Rex, it seems like the time lasts forever. How long do the quests last and when do you know you've won? (seems to go on forever)

Again, I'm surprised there isn't a manual somewhere explaining the game's rules. Weird for something I paid over $8k for (Canadian).

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Again, I'm surprised there isn't a manual somewhere explaining the game's rules. Weird for something I paid over $8k for (Canadian).

I don't think I have ever seen a modern pin that has all of the rules laid out in a manual or even discusses rules at all, part of the discovery process and learning how to play. Sometimes Stern does release general rules flowcharts, I think GB had one, not sure about DP. You can go to tiltforums.com where there are generally rules threads put together by players for newer pins.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The rules are still being developed, as usual with pins. In time some people generally document a game but as stated there's a discovery process with pinball.

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Cool, thanks for that. Also, what is different about the QUESTS vs the BATTLES. I understand that you have to "hit the shots" for the battles, but you only have a limited time to do so, but when fighting Megalodon and T-Rex, it seems like the time lasts forever. How long do the quests last and when do you know you've won? (seems to go on forever)

You'll find this post helpful over on Tiltforums: http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

As others have stated, the rules are still evolving, but the current code ruleset is pretty well laid out in that post, and it's updated regularly when new code is released. Stern folks also reply to posts in that thread.

Enjoy!

#988 5 years ago

generaly with a new pinball, its much more fun to discover the rules by playing, to me its for sure one of the things i enjoy the most

#989 5 years ago

The Quest modes seem like they last longer because after you collect the minimum number of jackpots - 4 or something, you can keep going and collect more for a certain amount of time. They're worth quite a bit so I usually try get a few more before hitting the scoop to move on.

#990 5 years ago

You know when you or a friend/family gets a new car and you start to notice them all over in the road. Well I was walking down the freezer aisle and I assure you this is the first time I’ve ever noticed the chimmi’s. Keep BOOMin BOOMers.

2039F349-6E49-4ECE-8713-E1CFC2C2048F.jpeg2039F349-6E49-4ECE-8713-E1CFC2C2048F.jpeg
#991 5 years ago

I broke down and put the rubbers on the outlane posts. For my skillz I find 7 degrees and outlanes at factory challenging enough.

On a separate topic, I hope they make more use of the variety of songs in the game. Seems to be a lot of the tunes like the country one for example only play at game end, maybe before plunge. Maybe they play during modes I just haven't gotten to yet...

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You know when you or a friend/family gets a new car and you start to notice them all over in the road. Well I was walking down the freezer aisle and I assure you this is the first time I’ve ever noticed the chimmi’s. Keep BOOMin BOOMers.
[quoted image]

I hear ya. Seems like after I got my game I’ve noticed I own a lot of Deadpool stuff.

0EF9DB3D-0F21-436E-B0A3-7233E471E056 (resized).jpeg0EF9DB3D-0F21-436E-B0A3-7233E471E056 (resized).jpeg53C9AC18-7EB1-4986-A429-3BD107181A33 (resized).jpeg53C9AC18-7EB1-4986-A429-3BD107181A33 (resized).jpeg
#993 5 years ago
Quoted from PoolFan:

I hear ya. Seems like after I got my game I’ve noticed I own a lot of Deadpool stuff. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, this pin was Clearly made for you! Impressive collection.

#994 5 years ago

Completed my first pinball mods. Installed mirror blades. Changed the ally red lights for white and added a couple spots. Added the ULEK plastic protector set. I also added action figures of Cable and Juggernaut.

Very happy with the look.

2FE4B8E8-8EB6-4C09-B4BA-0C121F90F428 (resized).jpeg2FE4B8E8-8EB6-4C09-B4BA-0C121F90F428 (resized).jpegE4145901-1838-4688-B61A-C550D5D6EC0E (resized).jpegE4145901-1838-4688-B61A-C550D5D6EC0E (resized).jpegE79E69C0-75C1-4971-9F04-89A959ADBCAB (resized).jpegE79E69C0-75C1-4971-9F04-89A959ADBCAB (resized).jpeg
#995 5 years ago

I gotta say, I have nothing but good things to say about my DPLE. I feel like Stern has been so far behind (prior to this) in terms of their sound package -- audio, amps and speakers, for so long (I mean, WOZ ECLE came out in 2013) that they have finally stepped up and have something that can compete. That's a big plus from my perspective. Really looking forward to when they release the digital downloads for the soundtrack to this pin.

I took delivery at Expo and had the good fortune to talk with Scott of Pin stadium while there. He had a DPLE there with both Pin stadium and the new Orion's Belt on free play. I put a ton of games on it and bought a Pin Stadium on the spot. Totally worth it. The UV+glow flashers are sick. They amp up the already fun game play. No, he isn't paying me to post this, I just wanted to share in case anyone is on the fence, totally worth it. The added GI solves the darkness in the middle of the playfield by Deadpool's face/eyes too.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

The added GI solves the darkness in the middle of the playfield by Deadpool's face/eyes too.

The stock spotlights on the slings, what are they aimed at? Just general upper playfield?

Rob

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The stock spotlights on the slings, what are they aimed at? Just general upper playfield?
Rob

I don’t think there are stock spotlights installed by Stern. After the fact spotlights ate aimed at middle playfield.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I don’t think there are stock spotlights installed by Stern. After the fact spotlights ate aimed at middle playfield.

Correct. PoolFan did it himself, otherwise no spots on the slings. They do have a new-style mini spot aimed at little Deadpool that's mounted just above the POOL targets on the right side. But that's it.

IMG_20181104_113258 (resized).jpgIMG_20181104_113258 (resized).jpg
#999 5 years ago

Replaced the 2D dazzler. Used a 4” cast figure and added detail painting and made the platform she was mounted on a wood grain stage. Lit her with the disco insert.

08B75E1E-2D5A-4193-9657-19CFDF7D779B (resized).jpeg08B75E1E-2D5A-4193-9657-19CFDF7D779B (resized).jpeg17307897-2AEE-4A75-A4C7-F6D25E567786 (resized).jpeg17307897-2AEE-4A75-A4C7-F6D25E567786 (resized).jpeg28E39419-ECBB-4AA2-BAA7-7E24764E784E (resized).jpeg28E39419-ECBB-4AA2-BAA7-7E24764E784E (resized).jpeg89919722-A190-4973-9E28-161495336B3E (resized).jpeg89919722-A190-4973-9E28-161495336B3E (resized).jpeg915FD19A-40CA-45A9-89FF-791DBDF531A3 (resized).jpeg915FD19A-40CA-45A9-89FF-791DBDF531A3 (resized).jpegEE0A164E-5DAA-4369-B926-9F116FDEBA9F (resized).jpegEE0A164E-5DAA-4369-B926-9F116FDEBA9F (resized).jpeg

#1000 5 years ago

Couple more with play field down

4220DFF3-E218-44F9-A848-1CFDCA025B88 (resized).jpeg4220DFF3-E218-44F9-A848-1CFDCA025B88 (resized).jpeg7169FC90-E96A-465D-B9DB-40949996804D (resized).jpeg7169FC90-E96A-465D-B9DB-40949996804D (resized).jpeg8BFC2AAF-EF92-41AC-BDC3-B8FA8B30606D (resized).jpeg8BFC2AAF-EF92-41AC-BDC3-B8FA8B30606D (resized).jpegC894858F-D0C9-415D-8F37-DAE84C535289 (resized).jpegC894858F-D0C9-415D-8F37-DAE84C535289 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/20?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.