(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 326.
#10151 2 years ago

The only thing i have needed to maintenance wise on mine was coil stops early with faulty ones.

#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’d imagine with the backlog stern has this will be it for DP and IMDN .That’s why I can’t part with either .I’m just going to have to work more for the next purchase .My opinion only but to me these 2 have that fun feeling you just don’t get in many pins .

I concur with this. Deadpool was my very first pin, and I sold it after 6 months because I needed to try something new. After running through a few (Rick & Morty, TMNT, Jurassic Park, IMDN). I can safely say that IMDN and Deadpool are the best out of all of them.

I'm not looking to get my hands on a DP Premium... hopefully I manage to get one before they discontinue!

#10153 2 years ago

I personally think Deadpool is a top 3 game. It really is the total package. Great music, call outs and super satisfying shots. Fun for the whole family. Easy enough for anyone to play and tough enough for an experienced player.

#10154 2 years ago

I agree. The only game i have in a 25 pin collection that i think is a better game is my Attack from Mars remake.

#10155 2 years ago

So just got this via FedEx Stork... took this picture and didn't realize it blocked out some of the R.... DeadPool approved indeed... "Ok, I won't get freaky from this side, I guess"

image0 (resized).jpgimage0 (resized).jpg
#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Deadpool would compliment that collection so so good.
Speed and brutality = SW
Serious player = JP
Fun and adrenalin = GNR
Fun, comedy, uniqueness = DP
I say go for it, Deadpool has to be coming close to the end of its run so may become harder to find (NIB anyway). Godzilla will be available for 3 years NIB so plenty of time and chances to get it. And you can let code bake some before you get one.
That said, if you can get a spot in on a Godzilla LE and there isn’t a tremendous price hike, it could be a tougher decision.

Those were my thoughts as well...Thank you

#10157 2 years ago

Thinking about adding the DP prem Wolverine and Dazzler figures to my pro. Is there much modification needed attaching them to the pro?

#10158 2 years ago

Jeez some of you guys are in here killin it with the awesome mods. Mine has been bone stock since 2018 and even still runs original firmware. I'm totally happy with it the way it sits and it very rarely gets played but these threads are definitely tempting me to do something to it. I planned on doing full Titans as soon as I got it and never even got that far lol

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Jeez some of you guys are in here killin it with the awesome mods. Mine has been bone stock since 2018 and even still runs original firmware. I'm totally happy with it the way it sits and it very rarely gets played but these threads are definitely tempting me to do something to it. I planned on doing full Titans as soon as I got it and never even got that far lol

If you are still running the code from 2018, new code is so much better! I highly recommend you update the code.

#10160 2 years ago

Okay, just broke the news to the wife, she hates the hobby (actually the $$$ for pins these days), but we always discuss prior so I'm not in the doghouse.

Deadpool Premium Deposit = Done!!!

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Did you just post this using Netscape on a Win98 machine?

#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, just broke the news to the wife, she hates the hobby (actually the $$$ for pins these days), but we always discuss prior so I'm not in the doghouse.
Deadpool Premium Deposit = Done!!!

Nice congrats!
We came into a medical/bills bind about 4 years back or so. Sold all but one pin to get out of it. Wife says buy whatever game you want now. Too bad pins and cost of living are so damn expensive lol.

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice congrats!
We came into a medical/bills bind about 4 years back or so. Sold all but one pin to get out of it. Wife says buy whatever game you want now. Too bad pins and cost of living are so damn expensive lol.

I heard that. Trying not to look at them as investments, but nice to know they retain some value if desperate times dictate otherwise. Thanks again for the recommendation.

#10164 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

That looks great! I have the Mezel handle and while I like it, I do think it is a little chunky. Wider than the original.
Please post future iterations of this handle.

This is my second prototype. sadly it is exactly what you ment by chunky. I Agree with you, that i also do not like that.
But i like how it looks.
Have ordered some red/blue/green/gold filter to try out.
Also will try to get it less chunky

Quoted from maffewl:

Really cool. Excited to see the final product.

not the final but an Update
Griff (resized).jpgGriff (resized).jpgGriff 1 (resized).jpgGriff 1 (resized).jpg

Griff 2 (resized).jpgGriff 2 (resized).jpg
#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

This is my second prototype. sadly it is exactly what you ment by chunky. I Agree with you, that i also do not like that.
But i like how it looks.
Have ordered some red/blue/green/gold filter to try out.
Also will try to get it less chunky

not the final but an Update
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"34bd36daba5290f12b2265c82505cf76ba11da08-1627784216-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Pretty awesome!

#10166 2 years ago

Soooo apparently on the plunge you can shoot the right loop with the left flipper and then hit the Katana shot next after the ball comes back around for a 12,500,000 super skill shot?! That’s why I own and love DP!

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Soooo apparently on the plunge you can shoot the right loop with the left flipper and then hit the Katana shot next after the ball comes back around for a 12,500,000 super skill shot?! That’s why I own and love DP!

You can also do right loop to the Snikt shot which scores 25 million and 2x playfield. I've done it twice on accident and tried for about 3 hours one day to do it on purpose and gave up.

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Love it!!!

#10169 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Anyone waiting on the Dead Pool Rerun in December?

Yep! In on a premium

#10171 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you are still running the code from 2018, new code is so much better! I highly recommend you update the code.

Is there a list of what exactly has been updated to this date?

#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is there a list of what exactly has been updated to this date?

Scroll down and select Game Code heading and download the '1.05.0 Game Code Readme' for your version of the game.

https://sternpinball.com/game/deadpool/

#10173 2 years ago

Anyone know when then next Pro run is? Thinking of ordering unless I can find a nice used one.

#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Anyone know when then next Pro run is? Thinking of ordering unless I can find a nice used one.

I’ve seen anywhere from August to December.

August for USA and December for Canada/Overseas?

#10175 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

I’ve been playing it on location and didn’t expect much from it, now I’m hooked on it.

Such a fun pin, hopefully I don’t get bored with it at home.

Giving my deposit this week for a pro. ETA October as per my distributor for Canada.

#10176 2 years ago
IMG_1180.JPGIMG_1180.JPG
#10177 2 years ago

Hey guys, I noticed that when applying washers at the base of ramps that there are 2 methods being used. Either mylar or a nylon washer as a base for protecting the playfield from the metal washer. Is one better than the other or it doesn't really matter.

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Hey guys, I noticed that when applying washers at the base of ramps that there are 2 methods being used. Either mylar or a nylon washer as a base for protecting the playfield from the metal washer. Is one better than the other or it doesn't really matter.

Small pieces of mylar can start to lift after a while sometimes. A washer or cliffy would probably be more long term type solutions.

#10179 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

I used a nylon washer under a metal one and it’s held up well at 500 plays. It also hasn’t interfered with that katana shot despite a noticeable rise in the ball guide. The shot is smooth as butter.

#10180 2 years ago

I went nylon washers alone under all the rails and haven't seen any issues at all after 800+ plays. Rails still being held noticeably off the playfield, and the only issue hitting the katana ramp is constantly doing it on accident starting ninja multiball without a mode running.

#10181 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

If so you are in the wrong hobby
DP is an easy top 10 game and hold up very well to home use.

#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Deadpool is so f'n amazing. It's seriously the game that has grown on me the most. The more I play it the more I like it. I'm trying to define exactly what makes the rules so good.

A) A sense that I'm always close to starting something new, so every drain is frustrating, in a good way.
B) Shots rarely feel wasted. During normal gameplay almost ever shot seems like it's building towards something.
C) The battles modes all feel similar in theme, but have a good variety of shots.
D) I can see exactly how I'm progressing during the battle modes.
E) Hurry-ups are used well and that heartbeat provides a great sense of urgency.
F) There are name entering opportunities beyond just high score. Keeps me interested even when not having the best game.

#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I went nylon washers alone under all the rails and haven't seen any issues at all after 800+ plays. Rails still being held noticeably off the playfield, and the only issue hitting the katana ramp is constantly doing it on accident starting ninja multiball without a mode running.

I did the exact same including the aprons on all my games even my EHOH that didn't require washers anywhere else. Excellent results

#10184 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Thanks for all the replies, I reckon I'll give this a go, cheers.

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Deadpool is so f'n amazing. It's seriously the game that has grown on me the most. The more I play it the more I like it. I'm trying to define exactly what makes the rules so good.
A) A sense that I'm always close to starting something new, so every drain is frustrating, in a good way.
B) Shots rarely feel wasted. During normal gameplay almost ever shot seems like it's building towards something.
C) The battles modes all feel similar in theme, but have a good variety of shots.
D) I can see exactly how I'm progressing during the battle modes.
E) Hurry-ups are used well and that heartbeat provides a great sense of urgency.
F) There are name entering opportunities beyond just high score. Keeps me interested even when not having the best game.

Hey.

I’m debating to buy DP and thinking about the code now. Just curious what hurry ups you are referring to? I read the rules can’t recall anything major hurry ups.

#10186 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey.
I’m debating to buy DP and thinking about the code now. Just curious what hurry ups you are referring to? I read the rules can’t recall anything major hurry ups.

I think lpeters82 is referring to the final blow shot during a battle. When the character is out of power but there is a small amount of time to hit the scoop to finish them.

#10187 2 years ago

Went with the 6" comic wolverine on the metal ninja stars. I ended up using a #6 4mm screw (HDD mounting screw) and the feet already had mounting holes. A bit tight and wobbles a little so not for on location or show piece but for $20 action figure, it's pretty nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-Collectible-Wolverine-Accessory/dp/B08MVWRDJ1/ref=mp_s_a_1_15

PXL_20210803_001149066 (resized).jpgPXL_20210803_001149066 (resized).jpg
#10188 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I think lpeters82 is referring to the final blow shot during a battle. When the character is out of power but there is a small amount of time to hit the scoop to finish them.

thanks, now I understand.

#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Went with the 6" comic wolverine on the metal ninja stars. I ended up using a #6 4mm screw (HDD mounting screw) and the feet already had mounting holes. A bit tight and wobbles a little so not for on location or show piece but for $20 action figure, it's pretty nice.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Is there a hook there to keep him standing with the screw in it or straight up HDD mounting screw? (Really nice btw!)

This stuff may work too and doesn't ruin plastics or finish of any kind:
https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-99111-Collectors-Museum-Putty/dp/B000FJU290

#10190 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

That is correct. I love that extra little bonus shot to end the battle modes. So simple, but it adds quite a bit to the game for me. The heartbeat, the inserts, and top it off with a rewarding animation when you hit it...perfection.

#10191 2 years ago

Ok, - I love this machine so much I am very seriously thinking about upgrading my pro to a premium. I know there's probably threads galore about comparing DP pro and premium, but have any actual pro owners here done this and found it really was worthwhile?

Premiums will be here in Australia around Feb 22, I could sell my pro tomorrow I'm sure but I don't wanna have no DP in my life for that long, I'd probably wait till December-ish to sell.

Also my pro currently has the topper (which I would keep), art blades and pinwoofer plus awesome speakers (it sounds A-MAZING). Will the premium upgrade make that much difference? The left orbit loop look great, as does the disco ball... I should also say that in terms of art package - i've only seen pics of the premium but I do prefer the pro.

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ok, - I love this machine so much I am very seriously thinking about upgrading my pro to a premium. I know there's probably threads galore about comparing DP pro and premium, but have any actual pro owners here done this and found it really was worthwhile?
Premiums will be here in Australia around Feb 22, I could sell my pro tomorrow I'm sure but I don't wanna have no DP in my life for that long, I'd probably wait till December-ish to sell.
Also my pro currently has the topper (which I would keep), art blades and pinwoofer plus awesome speakers (it sounds A-MAZING). Will the premium upgrade make that much difference? The left orbit loop look great, as does the disco ball... I should also say that in terms of art package - i've only seen pics of the premium but I do prefer the pro.

Because it’s such an amazing game, it’s worth upgrading. I did and I’m happy I decided to. Well worth it for the extras

#10193 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sound is only upgraded on the LE. So if you want the upgraded sound experience, just keep all your parts and return your pro to stock.
I have a pro and am very happy with it. If you want the premium, then go get it. I doubt you will be disappointed still having the game in your collection. You can't really go wrong. The game is highly sought after these days so you can surely sell it easily.

#10194 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered here, but wondering if anyone can tell me about my flipper bat alignment. To me they seem a bit “flopped” or low. I’ve noticed the ball glides off my flipper quite often while trying to trap or get the ball under control(more than my other sterns.) Game is level side to side and at 7 degree pitch. Thx for any observations!

C67C4D22-88DA-48D7-B1FB-EADA07380E60 (resized).jpegC67C4D22-88DA-48D7-B1FB-EADA07380E60 (resized).jpeg
#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies if this has been covered here, but wondering if anyone can tell me about my flipper bat alignment. To me they seem a bit “flopped” or low. I’ve noticed the ball glides off my flipper quite often while trying to trap or get the ball under control(more than my other sterns.) Game is level side to side and at 7 degree pitch. Thx for any observations!
[quoted image]

This is normal. I believe George covered flipper alignment in a recent podcast for DP. He basically says that the tip of the flipper should be in-line with the screws holding the return lanes in. You might have to tweak your game a bit, but it should be slightly "flopped."

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This is normal. I believe George covered flipper alignment in a recent podcast for DP. He basically says that the tip of the flipper should be in-line with the screws holding the return lanes in. You might have to tweak your game a bit, but it should be slightly "flopped."

Yep, otherwise the targets would get tough to actually aim for and hit.

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thank you, appreciate the info!

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

[quoted image]

To build on the previous comments that they are indeed meant to be that way, an easy check is that the tip of the flipper is supposed to point (centered) at the flipper guide hole in the playfield.

#10199 2 years ago

So Today was Modding day.

I received the mod i Ordered from maffewl

At first I only saw the Deadpool inlanes from him.

When he asked if I wanted other things to save on shipping costs I got curious.
In the end it became the Inlanes , the Metal Mod ,Throwing Stars and some extras I received with the order the small mirrored stars.

I could hardly wait to open the package when it arrived.
I was positively surprised. this mod was not only very affordable but also created with a lot of attention to detail.
The metal plate shines and looks just awesome. I first Installet the metalplate under the orginaly plastic, but it was to less noticable for me. So i put it on top. I don't care if the under plastic breaks but this thing has to be seen.

Also the Inlanes plastic protectors are not only very nicely done, they give the pinball such a perfect look.
They are so easy to install. Just 2 screws to be taken out, place the protectorplastics and install them again.
The small throwing strars are very detailed and even mirrored on the underside so they seem metallic.

Was not able to install the throwing stars on the Speakerpanel jet.

A big thank you man, keep on your amazing work.
If you do a metalplate for the plastic in left back i will order it rigth away

Here for refrence:
( (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110577) / (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/100059) / (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91340))

IMG_20210803_223848 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_223848 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_230437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_230437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_224602 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_224602 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_224541 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_224541 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_225039 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_225039 (resized).jpg
#10200 2 years ago

I played a pro this last weekend and fell in love with this pin. Got to the mech suite multiball and could not stop smiling the entire time. I really hope they keep making them for another year or so. I have EHOH and UKR coming so it will be a bit before I can pull the trigger on one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/204?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.