(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 326.
#10001 2 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the lock post in their katana?

What's suddenly started happening with mine is that the up position isn't as high as it should be, allowing the balls to hop over it instead of locking. When the coil fires it lowers the post, but when released again it only raises back to the lower position (probably half as high as it should be).

I'm going to take a look under the playfield to see what's going on when I get a chance, but I could have sworn I'd seen this issue pop up before and I'm not finding it by searching.

#10002 2 years ago

Hahaha, he said pop up.

#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

What's suddenly started happening with mine is that the up position isn't as high as it should be, allowing the balls to hop over it instead of locking. When the coil fires it lowers the post, but when released again it only raises back to the lower position (probably half as high as it should be).
I'm going to take a look under the playfield to see what's going on when I get a chance, but I could have sworn I'd seen this issue pop up before and I'm not finding it by searching.

Had sort of a similar issue with another machine...screws were loose underneath the playfield so check that.

#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I had an issue where the Katana was dropping two balls at a time. Turned out, the post had shifted enough to be misaligned and hitting where it shouldn't. Check to make sure it's centered by taking off the Katana handle. Just don't lose those tiny screws!

#10005 2 years ago

Not very long after I rec'd my DP, I had raised the Katana guiderails as others had recommended in previous posts to try and avoid major chipping. I did have some but not too bad. Many 100s of games later and no further damage. Great!

However, I did not heed the advice of some about also addressing the left side guiderails and ramps. Those, too, are prone to chipping. I had recently seen some dust around the left ramp and decided to investigate. Taking off that ramp led to taking off the Collosus guides, Wolverine guide, and the katana ramp. All had some damage to a degree more or less. The worst was the Wolverine guide. That rail just gets punished and so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. I put mylar down where needed and raised the guiderails off the playfield. Hopefully doing all that will prevent further chipping.

I have a DP from an earlier run and I know the newer ones have had some design changes to address this issue. However, any guides that sit on the playfield at all will most likely have some damage IMO. I suppose this post is just another warning to others that you may want to do some investigating and mitigation efforts, too.

#10006 2 years ago

Sweet! Can you give me a quick rundown on how you install the color film inserts?

Quoted from Smack:

I took the advice of a few others in here and bought some lighting gel filters (SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent Color Correction Lighting Gel Filter) to add some colour to the character inserts in the game. I am pretty happy with the results for a $15 DIY project. If you are curious this is what I used.
* T-rex - Green + Yellow
* Megalodon - Blue
* Juggernaut - Red
* Mystique - Purple
* Sabretooth - Yellow
* Sauron - Green
I might adjust Sabretooth for a little more saturation (Yellow + Orange) and possibly tweak Sauron but not quite sure how just yet. I'll likely do the playfield multipliers soon too. What do ya think?
[quoted image]

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Sweet! Can you give me a quick rundown on how you install the color film inserts?

This post by Beatnik-Filmstar was my guide. Screws holding the LED boards will help secure most of the inserts along with some tape.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195#post-6317734

#10008 2 years ago

I’m not sure my orbit control gate is working properly. Is it supposed to allow the ball to travel through when you hold the left flipper on plunge? At this point it stops the ball coming from the right orbit on all shots.

3D103662-0749-4743-9AAA-AEEDB645E763 (resized).jpeg3D103662-0749-4743-9AAA-AEEDB645E763 (resized).jpeg
#10009 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I’m not sure my orbit control gate is working properly. Is it supposed to allow the ball to travel through when you hold the left flipper on plunge? At this point it stops the ball coming from the right orbit on all shots.
[quoted image]

Yes it is, sounds like you have an issue

#10010 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Depends if you like Ultraman or not
Those clear rubbers look great. Do they show dirt easily though?

I have those translucent rubbers on my DP now for a few thousand games and DP is BY FAR my cleanest game.
The dirt COMES from the black rubers.
Only problem is that they are bouncier than the standard rubbers, i dont like that.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This post by Beatnik-Filmstar was my guide. Screws holding the LED boards will help secure most of the inserts along with some tape.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195#post-6317734

I should have added in that post that I placed a tiny #8 or maybe #10 nylon washer between the lighting gel and the little LED board so that the led wasn't pressed right up against the gel. Don't think it would actually get hot enough to damage the gel or anything, but assume keeping it slightly separated would disperse the light a little better.

Side note regarding the metal rails causing damage with the clear - I should take some pics. Part of why I didn't play my machine for nearly 3 days after it arrived (Beyond going full middle aged and pulling something in my back) was that I disassembled every single rail on the machine and raised them up with nylon washers. Katana ramp, wolverine guide, left ramp, the rail along the back orbit.... all of them, at every post that goes into the playfield. Complete and total overkill, but I never have to worry about it again. Plus the process of taking things apart and putting them back together (I think) is good for you and gives you confidence on any future repairs.

#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have those translucent rubbers on my DP now for a few thousand games and DP is BY FAR my cleanest game.
The dirt COMES from the black rubers.
Only problem is that they are bouncier than the standard rubbers, i dont like that.

The black rubbers do tend to 'shed' and make the playfield dirty, but you will still get black dust build up from the electrical arcing of the coils (look at the flipper mechs) and metal dust/particles from the balls no matter what rubbers you are using.

I'm using 'Perfect Play' translucent rubbers in all of my games and still have 'dirt' buildup that needs to be cleaned.

#10013 2 years ago

Question for other DIY insert colorers, what combo did you use for your Greens for T-Rex and Sauron? I am not satisfied with my greens and since my last post I added a blue to my T-Rex to try to deepen the green but I am still missing something. I should probably do a little colour theory but this is my current setup.

T-Rex - green + yellow + blue

I think I will double up the green and potentially remove the blue.

I spruced up Megalodon (2x Blue) and Sabretooth (yellow + orange) and those look really nice now.

#10014 2 years ago

What would be the going rate for a Deadpool LE?

There are a half dozen wanted ads for various versions of Deadpool, but not a single for sale ad for any version, which is strange.

#10015 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There are a half dozen wanted ads for various versions of Deadpool, but not a single for sale ad for any version, which is strange.

Prems are out of stock until Dec (at the earliest)

LEs are 10-12k

#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Question for other DIY insert colorers, what combo did you use for your Greens for T-Rex and Sauron?

My 5 year old picked orange for T-Rex and red for sauron.

Both are very light. Orange is barely noticeable and red sticks out with the red katana inserts nearby.

Also, interested in what others did and if they have a better eye than my daughter.

#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The black rubbers do tend to 'shed' and make the playfield dirty, but you will still get black dust build up from the electrical arcing of the coils (look at the flipper mechs) and metal dust/particles from the balls no matter what rubbers you are using.
I'm using 'Perfect Play' translucent rubbers in all of my games and still have 'dirt' buildup that needs to be cleaned.

thats true, but doesn't compare to the dirt coming from black rubbers.

#10018 2 years ago

Got my Deadpool Premium a few weeks ago.

I remember the days when you would get a NIB pinball and jusy play it.

Not anymore

Installed playfield protector , easy on this game

Put mylar and washers on all the problem guides and ramps

Installed the comet GI bulbs and spotlights

Installed subwoofer

Side art

Whew.........

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Not anymore
Installed subwoofer
Side art
Whew.........

I agree with all of that except the playfield protector, but the playfields definitely will dimple otherwise. I also recommend adding a shaker. Enjoy, DP is a great game!

#10020 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bought a pro 3 months ago, I really like and it is not for sale. So I guess those who have them want to keep them, not flip for profit.

Soon Stern will have more in the pipeline to the distributors. Or some may come off route

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I bought a pro 3 months ago, I really like and it is not for sale. So I guess those who have them want to keep them, not flip for profit.
Soon Stern will have more in the pipeline to the distributors. Or some may come off route

I was specifically asking about the LE

#10022 2 years ago

So the rubber ring behind the D-E-A-D drop targets snapped and I'm not sure what size it is. When I lay the broken ring on the size chart I'm *pretty sure* it's 3" (inner diameter) but it's so worn out and my judgment sucks for this kind of stuff so what's your guess?

When I went to the service manual, these particular rings are included in the greater illustration but they're greyed out without a designation/size.

These manuals are usually entirely comprehensive so my *guess* is these rings were classified as belonging to the Premium package's upgrade set (drop targets, disco ball, ramp return) and as such got lost in the shuffle. They also didn't show up in my Marco Specialties Rubber Kit for DP premium (buyer beware.)

Any help is appreciated!

DP Prem Drop Targets (resized).jpgDP Prem Drop Targets (resized).jpgDP Prem Drop Targets Ring (resized).jpgDP Prem Drop Targets Ring (resized).jpgDP Prem Manual (resized).jpgDP Prem Manual (resized).jpg
#10023 2 years ago

You’ll pay 8 bucks for shipping and the rubber rings only cost a dollar. I’d buy a few different sizes to make sure you get the one you want. Not all company’s size rubber rings the same. Then purchase some other sizes to replace your sling shots and other areas while your at it.

#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

So the rubber ring behind the D-E-A-D drop targets snapped and I'm not sure what size it is. When I lay the broken ring on the size chart I'm *pretty sure* it's 3" (inner diameter) but it's so worn out and my judgment sucks for this kind of stuff so what's your guess?
When I went to the service manual, these particular rings are included in the greater illustration but they're greyed out without a designation/size.
These manuals are usually entirely comprehensive so my *guess* is these rings were classified as belonging to the Premium package's upgrade set (drop targets, disco ball, ramp return) and as such got lost in the shuffle. They also didn't show up in my Marco Specialties Rubber Kit for DP premium (buyer beware.)
Any help is appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

You’ll pay 8 bucks for shipping and the rubber rings only cost a dollar. I’d buy a few different sizes to make sure you get the one you want. Not all company’s size rubber rings the same. Then purchase some other sizes to replace your sling shots and other areas while your at it.

Yeah, get a few different sizes. Most of the time the size of the ring is molded into the ring. Look close all over it.

#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, get a few different sizes. Most of the time the size of the ring is molded into the ring. Look close all over it.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like the size is on there!

Maybe 2 1/4"? that seems small compared to the chart in the background.

Ring_LI.jpgRing_LI.jpg
#10026 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like the size is on there!

You live up to your name, Awesome. Thank you! Yes, it says "2 3/4" on there. I'm guessing the ring on the P-O-O-L side is probably up to be changed as well, so I'll take it off to see if they're the same size. Well done!

#10027 2 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Not anymore
Installed subwoofer
Side art
Whew.........

I'm getting my Deadpool Premium in about a month, short of the last two, is this all necessary? Is there a guide for the problem ramps? And is a protector necessary?

It's my first NIB so I want it to last for a looong time.

#10028 2 years ago
Quoted from psychosoda:

I'm getting my Deadpool Premium in about a month, short of the last two, is this all necessary? Is there a guide for the problem ramps? And is a protector necessary?
It's my first NIB so I want it to last for a looong time.

I’ve got a pro ordered for December and would also like to know what known issues I should preemptively fix.

#10029 2 years ago

I don't think playfield protectors are necessary at all. If you want one then fine go for it, but not required. The washer thing, its protection. My kitana entrance ball guide has a simple piece of mylar and seems to be doing the job just fine. Was on there when I got the game a year or so ago.

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I’ve got a pro ordered for December and would also like to know!

For me, yes.

I am not a fan of dimpled playfields. But that's just my preference. I honestly cannot tell any difference with gameplay with a protector installed.

As far as the washers to protect the playfield, based on what I deduce from owners on this thread, yes if you want to avoid damage.

#10031 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I’ve got a pro ordered for December and would also like to know!

Look at post 8831

#10032 2 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Look at post 8831

Possibly wrong post linked?

#10033 2 years ago

Thinking of purchasing a DP. Is the premium truly worth the mark up from the Standard?

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Thinking of purchasing a DP. Is the premium truly worth the mark up from the Standard?

Yes from everyone who has a Premium/Le No from all the Pro owners. This has been discussed ad nauseum multiple times in this thread.
The short answer is, you can't go wrong with this game all versions are fabulous and get what you can afford and be happy with.

#10035 2 years ago

I see a tiny bit of clear coat dust around my Katana ramp entry ball guide - I know it’s a popular fix to lift this guide a bit with a washer setup. Had anyone NOT done this modification and had the entry hold up? I’m not sure I want to pull the guide up with how cranked down it is from the factory…

#10036 2 years ago

I haven't done mine. Just put new clear titans in 15 mins ago and didn't notice any damage. 2018 build pro.

#10037 2 years ago

Got a couple of mode high scores on Deadpool tonight!

IMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPG
#10038 2 years ago

I’m getting a lot of rejects from the scoop, especially when hitting it dead center from the right flipper. Any thoughts how to keep the ball from rebounding out?

#10039 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’m getting a lot of rejects from the scoop, especially when hitting it dead center from the right flipper. Any thoughts how to keep the ball from rebounding out?

Is your protector in good shape and nice and flat all around?

#10040 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Is your protector in good shape and nice and flat all around?

Yep, the protector is in good shape. Doesn’t appear bent. I have a Cliffy on hand to replace it when the factory version bites the dust.

Scoop has been this way from day 1. Less than 400 games on it so far.

#10041 2 years ago

Did anyone document how to remove the left ramp? I tried to search through the thread but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated!

#10042 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Did anyone document how to remove the left ramp? I tried to search through the thread but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated!

It's attached to playfield via three posts: two near where the ramp begins and meets the playfield, and one in the back right corner. You'll also need to remove the plastic on top of the ramp as well as the wireform.

It's actually a lot easier to remove that it probably sounds - way easier than the katana guide.

Edit: I should mention that all three posts have a nut on the underside of the playfield.

#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

It's attached to playfield via three posts: two near where the ramp begins and meets the playfield, and one in the back right corner. You'll also need to remove the plastic on top of the ramp as well as the wireform.
It's actually a lot easier to remove that it probably sounds - way easier than the katana guide.
Edit: I should mention that all three posts have a nut on the underside of the playfield.

Thank you for this. I already removed the katana guide so it's nice to hear this will be easier. I noticed some playfield dusting on the back left side of it yesterday. I was going to take it off and put on some washers to help prevent cutting into the clearcoat.

#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Thank you for this. I already removed the katana guide so it's nice to hear this will be easier. I noticed some playfield dusting on the back left side of it yesterday. I was going to take it off and put on some washers to help prevent cutting into the clearcoat.

FWIW, on the ramp I only added washers to the back right post (none to the front two posts). Only 400 plays so far, but no signs of scraping on the playfield and both back corners are cleanly raised above the clear. I used a metal washer over a nylon washer (nylon washer is the one touching the playfield).

#10045 2 years ago

I got my first stuck ball yesterday after many many plays.

Plunged and then hit the right orbit on the fly twice in a row. That second orbit caught air and launched into the upper right corner behind the Chimi truck.

Any other places people have gotten a ball stuck on this game?

IMG_20210713_172629.jpgIMG_20210713_172629.jpg
#10046 2 years ago

Just got around to installing the full pinwoofer system i have had sitting in a box for months yesterday, what a great bit of kit. Really is well worth the money and is a game changer.

I'm getting balls hung up on the far left inlane at the top since i put titans in the other day. I think i have a post in the wrong spot, i cut the rubber off and they are still hanging up there. Can someone with a pro take a photo of the top inlanes and the plastic on the left in particular with a red post under it please?

#10047 2 years ago

You said I lanes but it kinda sounds like you meant the top bam lanes so that is what I took pics of. If you want the other me know.

20210714_161712.jpg20210714_161712.jpg20210714_161716.jpg20210714_161716.jpg20210714_161719.jpg20210714_161719.jpg
#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I got my first stuck ball yesterday after many many plays.
Plunged and then hit the right orbit on the fly twice in a row. That second orbit caught air and launched into the upper right corner behind the Chimi truck.
Any other places people have gotten a ball stuck on this game?[quoted image]

The local place I play at has had a ball stuck there forever. I chuckle when I see it. The guy running the place must have thought the ball just disappeared and threw another one in the trough.

#10049 2 years ago

Yes the top lanes, at the far left, i can see one post there, that's the one that's getting the hangups now. I cut the new rubber off it but it's still hanging there. When i pulled that plastic, one of the red posts fell out and i didn't see where it came from. I put it back where i thought it should go, but i'm not sure. Can see one post in your pic, but not the one further up around towards the orbit. Does it have a rubber? Is it sorta next to the one under the plastic?

#10050 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

The local place I play at has had a ball stuck there forever. I chuckle when I see it. The guy running the place must have thought the ball just disappeared and threw another one in the trough.

That's hilarious. Not super obvious but should be easy enough to see. Perhaps dimly lit.

But a ball should not disappear. At worst it would be in the bottom of the cab. Lol.

Speaking of stuck balls, sometimes a ball will get semi stuck in the gate to the left of the BAM! lanes. Easy enough to shake out without a warning but is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.