(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1408 5 years ago

Just released three new color bracket mods for Deadpool in the Pin Monk store here on Pinside. White playfield mode inserts on Deadpool now can be made to match the colors of the character mode lights on the playfield backboard. The multiplier cluster and B-O-O-M rollover lights also have mods available now. Pics:

Multiplier cluster:
multiplier_bracket_before_after_very_sml (resized).jpgmultiplier_bracket_before_after_very_sml (resized).jpg

Mode Lights:
Mode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpgMode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpg

B-O-O-M Rollover Lights:
B-O-O-M Rollover Lights_very_sml (resized).jpgB-O-O-M Rollover Lights_very_sml (resized).jpg

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Waiting to order these when your X-men brackets are ready!

I have a logjam on the printers right now with so many popular mods happening at once. Another printer is on the way to hopefully take some of the pressure off and get things moving. The X-men set is so large (so many brackets) that it will take quite a while to get stock made, but it is coming - you've seen the pictures of how it looks!

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What does the actual mod look like?

The mode light one has a picture of some of them under the playfield already. The individual lenses are far enough apart that they're just rectangular screens like X-Men. The B-O-O-M ones are square versions of the same thing. The multiplier cluster is unique to itself, but it mounts over the screw posts of the light board to hold it in place. I'll take a picture later this week and post it.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So how does DP hold up against Iron Maiden?
I am thinking of picking one up this week.
Thx!

It doesn't. But it has some great lines. Maiden is still the player's pin.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

“Aiming for end December” - interpretation - means mid to end January.

Or if you're paperflock, 2022.

#1428 5 years ago

Caught up with all the Iron Maiden so Deadpool brackets are finally printing to start shipping tomorrow. I made some adjustments to Mystique, who I thought was too dark purple/lavender before. Now she's a purplish-pink more in line with the art on the playfield. I also have pictures of her backboard insert with the color to match the playfield insert mode:
Backboard_Mystique_sml2 (resized).jpgBackboard_Mystique_sml2 (resized).jpgMode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpgMode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpg

And here's the install of the optional mystique lens in the backboard:

Mystique_backboard_install_sml (resized).jpgMystique_backboard_install_sml (resized).jpg
#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I've had mine light up and it will eventually start up but never or perhaps very rarely on the first shot. Sometimes a few shots or more that way to trigger the mode..

Maybe it's under a specific set of circumstances that it won't start. I was in Berzerker mode a number of times the last few games I played.

Also, all the Deadpool light lens mods for domestic have shipped out. International should be today and then I'm completely caught up - finally.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pumped to get my pin monk shipment!

Pumped to see pics of it installed - you'll likely be the first since they all went out together and you're closest.

All of them are very straightforward and easy to install except the Mystique backboard one, which requires 5 screws to be removed so you can get the frosted panel back there off, remove the screw holding the post with the light board, insert the lens bracket and then reverse everything. Give yourself 15 minutes for just that one.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok cool. I want to update since im running .86 i believe, but wanted to check first

If your friend's is resetting mid-game ("crashing") it may be a power supply issue. Spike is notorious for it. Have them check the output from the power supply and make sure it's strong at 48v. If it drops low in intense action like multiball, it can cause a spontaneous reset.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Installed a full set of pinkmonk insert filters tonight.
Overall it’s an easy install. Like all things Pinball, take your time and you’ll be ok. Don’t drop any screws!
Some thoughts:
The holes for the right O and M in BOOM stripped for me when I was putting the light board back in place. It was easy to correct, and I found that the factory markings for screws weren’t used anyway. No idea why this happened.
The Mystique flasher on the back panel is a little tricky. You need two hands but it’s manageable.
The mode and multiplier lights are amazing. Real game changers.
The mystique flasher gets washed out when I try to snap a pic with my crappy phone camera, it looks better in person.
The right O and M in BOOM get washed out by the stock lighting. Might be time for me to swap out to sunburst or warm white.
I definitely recommend these mods. Bring on ghostbusters! Too many white inserts on that game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! Pinkmonk!

Thanks for posting your install, it looks great!

I had an issue like you describe, but on the first O in BOOM. The hole for it was looser than the other three. I don't know if Stern is using power tools on the line and overdrilling the holes or what, but if you had it, too, maybe it's a thing. Toothpick end firmed it right up, so it wasn't a problem, just weird for an almost brand new Deadpool. Perhaps it's also due to the fact that the factory screws for those BOOM light boards are very short. If other people have the same issue, I may just include 4 #6 1/2" screws in the B-O-O-M kit. I resisted doing that to keep the price down, but if people want it, I'll just revise the kit and bump the price a few bucks.

Thanks again for posting this. I sent a bunch of Deadpool brackets out, so hopefully others post theirs when they get them installed.

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice mod PinMonk! Looks great!
(Color inserts on playfield now match back of game for each mode... trex, sabertooth, mystique, etc.)
You should develop multiple colors of multiple sizes and sell them one off.
Folks easy to install- looks good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting your install, that does look good! I don't know why they left Mystique white on the backboard when she's lavender/pinkish on the art, and her FRAME on the backboard is purple! The only problem is, now your white multiplier cluster looks naked.

Because of the different mounting situations it would be hard to make a bunch of generic colored brackets to mix and match. Just in that Deadpool kit there were like 4 different kinds of brackets, and T-Rex/Megaladon were sharing a single bracket because of the light board. X-Men is even more varied.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Around 1000 plays on the game. He broke at the hips. It’s probabky fixable but I’m still going to contact stern about it

Given the amount of shaking and ball action, that body interior is WAY too hollow. It should have been solid, like they did for Iron Monger where they filled the hollow off-the-shelf toy design with epoxy to strengthen them.

#1563 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone else experience the ball getting wedged under the gate at the top of the playfield when you plunge. If I do a full plunge, the momentum isnt enough to bounce off that gate 75% of the time and it just gets wedged there. Ball search rarely is able to knock it loose. Is there a way to adjust that gate?

Sounds like the machine is too flat. What's your playfield pitch?

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Here is another observation as an owner for 2 days of a pro. Why is the right orbit so clunky and why as the elevated shooter lane not implemented?

When you buy a Gomez design, it will be clunky. That's all you need to know. He's the King of Clunky, especially in the modern Stern era.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Right before Christmas I traded my lightly modded Metallica Pro with around 3500 plays on it for a practically brand new Deadpool Pro that came with the under-cabinet lighting and the topper. To be honest I was worried about regrets getting rid of the Met Pro (It was my first pin and I bought it brand new) but I have not felt that at all. Even more since the new update which I feel made the game a lot more fun.
I know a lot of people are going to hate me for saying this, but I feel like Metallica is a very over rated game. It’s a simple fan setup with nothing too special and was extremely hard to stay consistent with the game. And let’s be honest. Sparky isn’t a whole lot different then the Deadpool toy minus the magnet (after about 500 plays on a new magnet in Met you’ll start seeing the ball ramp off it and required adjusting a lot for the game to play right). I personally feel like Deadpool blows Metallica out of the water.
I feel like I got the better end of the deal. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can believe you came to that conclusion. You have Popeye and Judge Dredd.

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I emailed them last week and received a response of "later this month." So, it's coming. Game has really improved....makes you wonder if earlier ratings should be ignored...I like the game alot.

Software has improved, but the playfield has that trademark Gomez clunk. Can't get over that without physical changes, which aren't happening.

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

We heard you!
That said, I Was super stoked to buy your DP insert mods (which look great), but now I just can’t be bothered to support someone who continuously knocks a game while still trying to capitalize a profit off it.

Oookay. Your loss, they ARE a fantastic improvement. It's not like I'm magically not going to have opinions about pinball. I have criticisms of pins I own, have owned or ones on the route I help with. Just because I own them or maintain them doesn't mean I'm blind to the flaws.

That said, I'll try to keep track of whether I'm in a club thread or not. Sometimes when I follow a notification, I answer posts without realizing what thread I'm in. No club likes a Debbie Downer.

debbie_downer (resized).jpgdebbie_downer (resized).jpg
#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Pro seems clunky to me only because i get a lot of bounce out on the scoop. Any direct shot bounces right out. Really annoying. Still a sweet game!

I haven't tried it, but that's likely fixable by adding a washer to the back side underneath. Similar to the Williams Indy saucer fix.

1 month later
#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Let’s hear from guys that are fans of SW, IMDN, TWD, GOT, ACDC, WOZ...how does Deadpool stack up to these? And is it kid friendly? What about your pro vs premium viewpoint? How’s the strategies, stacking, and ball times overall?
I plan to go play an LE in the next week or two now that code is much more refined. But hard to get good assessment off a 2-hour session.

Premium/LE is better. Game is a clunky shooter on both versions, but the Premium is a better overall experience. Maiden and TWD are all-time classics, so it's not above those. Probably just below Star Wars (which has come a LONG way since launch), IMO. Deadpool code has improved a lot.

I don't know that lightning flippers would help gameplay. Ball times would be shorter, but it might make the clunk worse if it changes the way you flip to account for the missing bit at the ends of them...

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Anybody know what causes the Special insert to light? I think I’ve only seen it lit in attract mode.[quoted image]

Start playing really badly. The game will insult you with that insert.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

On .99 code any reason why my number for light extra ball is different all the time? Was 35, then , 30, then 25, today its 20...

Is it dynamic on the system menu? (I'm not sure, but that would 'splain it)

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I tried but no matter how poorly I played i couldn’t get it to light. I even changed my special percentage to 50% just to see if that would help, but no luck.

Oh, haha! That was a joke. Sorry!

It does sound like something Deadpool would do, though...

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Ok I really want a deadpool. Just wondering those who went the premium/Le why did you chose that version over the pro? From what I can see the pro is the exact same game as the premium/Le just without the drop ramp. I can grab a le for not much more than a nib premium

The LE (and maybe the Prem since that's essentially the same game) seems to shoot a bit better than the Pro. They both have Gomez clunk, but the LE noticibly less so than the Pro. That alone is reason to get a Prem/LE IMO. The LE is quite a good-looking machine, too.

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I feel like with most games that come out there is some buzz phrase that becomes popular on pinside for those that don't like the game, but the meaning of that phrase often isn't well defined. For Star Wars it was "math chess." For DP the phrase seems to be "Gomez clunk".

I'll define it for you and leave it at that. MB and LotR were a LONG time ago. Neo-Gomez is not classic Gomez. Batman TDK has Gomez clunk. Batman '66 has it for sure. Avengers has it. Deadpool does also (Pro more than the LE). Basically most of the 21st century Gomez designs have it. The issue is certain shots feel like they should make it but just peter out or dribble back (batman '66 left orbit is notorious for this). Play enough Gomez designs and you can FEEL it. That said, Batman'66 has shown that (eventually) great code can minimize the frustration with it, and Deadpool's code is coming along well so it may not be much of an issue in the end. But anyway, it's definitely a thing.

3 weeks later
#2176 5 years ago

Are the dates on the Price is Right wheel for the match animation birthdays? There's a 1952 (don't remember the month/day offhand) a 1985 (1/29 or 12/9), and a 1974 (7/2/74) that I can think of for sure, but pretty sure I've seen others. Gomez is 1955, so it's not his (though it may be in there), and Gary Stern is 1945, so not him. They don't match up with people I thought of involved with DP, but I'm sure they're dates and probably birthdays. Anyone know?

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If anybody has an extra pro translite for sale at a reasonable price, let me know. I prefer it to the premium translite.

Email terry at pinball life with the part number 830-8427-K1 and see if he can just order one for you.

#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I forget; did DP come out before or after IMDN? And does the pro come with service rails?

After.

Service rails included:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool-Pinball-Features-Matrix.pdf

That said, the pro is a clunky shooter IMO. The Prem/LE is worth the upgrade.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I coated this one for a customer. If your interested contact me and we can work something out

What are you charging for the full armor and 4 legs? Do you strip the stern powder coating, or start from naked, uncoated parts?

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

i bet he does , send him a Pm here on pinside Cliffy or here [email protected]
Thought Stern started adding scoop protection in the new games
Munsters has a scoop protection

Stern does - they have their ripoff version of a Cliffy they've been using since Ghostbusters that's crappier. That's what he's talking about, I think. The Stern ripoff one on his deadpool is deformed and he wants to put a real Cliffy on it.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Hey there,
Having an issue with my lil Deadpool drop targets!! The center drop target switch doesn’t seem to work everytime and some games when I hit start all 3 drop targets are all down right off the bat!! They also all go up and down randomly and in between games and counts random points up if I haven’t even plunged the ball
Wondering if anyone’s got some adjustments tips?!
Thanks
db

Sounds like your drop target shelf plastic broke or the spring isn't strong enough. It used to be pretty durable, but is now a flimsy paper-thin piece of plastic that breaks pretty frequently on Sterns of the last 8 years or so because they've cost-reduced it for little apparent gain.

Here's where the ledge is located on the assembly (you'll need to drop from under the PF):
deadpooldroptargetledge (resized).jpgdeadpooldroptargetledge (resized).jpg

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Has DP had very many mechanical issues? Seems like IM had quite a few. I am joining the club just trying to decide between pro or premium.

Premium, for sure. It shoots better than the pro. The only issues I've really heard about is with li'l deadpool's head breaking off and two people (now maybe three) with the drop target shelf breaking so the drop targets won't stay up.

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I'm easily finding protectors for the *left* side of the shooter lane. But what about the *right* side of the shooter lane?
You know, for alongside the groove. The wooden siderail is already covered fine.
[quoted image]

Cliff has these.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG

Email him.

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Found it interesting there is a metal protector on a metal rail

Probably to keep the powdercoating from chipping.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just picked up an HUO Deadpool pro. I like to start off with all factory settings. Anybody know where out lane posts were placed from factory? My right post is wide open. My left post is in the middle.

Wide open from the factory.

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

This is my first Spike. Is it normal the fan is so loud?!? Sound meter says 40dB avg in the quiet room, but when the fan kicks on, it's avg 57dB. Just live with it? Or is mine louder than it should be?

The terrible spike fans are 34.6dB. Lazy is the only reason Stern still has them in their pins, Meanwell would TOTALLY put in quieter fans in their power supplies just for Stern's order if they were asked given Stern's volume. Anyway, as mentioned, I have a plug and play replacement, and that thread also calls out part numbers of you want to make your own. Less than 13dB when you're done. Worth the effort.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Deadpool Prem poised to hit top 5 on pinside rankings next week. Its kind of wrong that earlier rankings of Pro and LE were based on very early code.

Stern's fault for releasing them that way, they got the rating they deserved. If they want to fix that, they need to stop this bare-bones code at release nonsense.

That said, Deadpool Premium/LE is now in my "recommend" column. Coming along nicely.

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Top 100 refreshes every Monday. There must be at least 15 ratings for it to enter the pinside top list. DP premium had <15 ratings last week, now that it has 16 (very good ratings) it has merged with DPLE and pro pumping it to #5 spot.
Unfortunately, This will get people’s panties bunches up when they see what has happened. Whether they’ve played DP (on recent code) or not is irrelevant and it will be slammed back down to the 20s, 30s, or possibly further. Over time, probably in about 6-9 months as true honest players rate the game, it will get settled in to a nice spot and will roughly stay there only moving up and down a spot or 2 occasionally moving forward.

Deadpool Prem/LE has improved A LOT. It was a terrible placeholder for a long time, now it's actually fun. Once people get some time on newer code, they'll realize it's much more worthy of putting on a "buy now" list than Munsters or whatever code-starved pin Stern is throwing out currently. Have fun with Deadpool for a year or more while Stern's current releases complete development in the wild (which is not a fun period).

#2292 5 years ago

Hopefully Deadpool's next update has this system functionality just added to Munsters 0.98:

Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to / from a USB thumbdrive.

LONG overdue.

#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Ah, good to know! I hope so, too.
I wonder if that includes high scores being maintained? Although I kind of get why those are reset between FW version updates, but I still hate to see them wiped out.

That's detailed in the overall VERY lame 0.98 Munsters update (the system update is the star and like 70% of the text for the update):

When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to
restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a different DeadPool Pro) you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"

When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or
MODEL (for example settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring
to a Munsters Pro) you can only choose to restore:

"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed
below and all Feature Adjustments.

"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard
Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"

Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24.

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Nice, thanks for the great information! Sorry that you were disappointed in the 0.98 updates specific to your game, though. Deadpool's 0.99 was excellent, so fingers crossed for a more robust 0.99 Munsters update.

Deadpool's next update this month is supposed to be meaty, so looking forward to that.

I'm fine with a crap Munsters maintenance update if that means Dwight is completely rethinking the game (as Lyman did with TWD and Batman '66) to make it desirable. We don't have a dog in the fight anymore since we got rid of the one we had on location here. We'll revisit when Munsters has better code, which I hope it does. I REALLY like the theme.

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Hey all - I have acquired some 3.75" figures to mod out my DP.
I am new to the whole mode process - I know I don't want to connect the figures to the actual plastics, that much is obvious - so what advice can you all give me on how to do this?
Thanks in advance...

Cut a clear plastic to a shape that will mount in the area you want (i.e. there are screws nearby), drill holes to screw into the heels of the figures you want to mount then put a flat-top phillips through the plastic into the heel of the figure. Then flip it over and lower the two (or more) holes you made in the clear plastic mounting plate onto the posts of the playfield plastics and screw your new mount on TOP of the existing plastic piece using the existing nuts.

You're basically making "army men" clear bases for your figures, then drilling holes in the plastic base you made that line up with screw posts to mount them to existing plastics posts in the machine so it's totally reversible.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Probably a basic question, but do you just use standard plexiglass?

PETG is more forgiving. Plexi tends to crack. It doesn't have to be super-pretty, I usually just grab something out of the orphaned parts bin and make it work.

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

And the USB cannot have anything else on it except for the contents of that zip file.

This is not true. It may cause complications if there are other issues, but I always use a USB that has other stuff on it - just not older versions of the same code.

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from gman88:

I received my DP prem yesterday and it's playing great out of the box. One issue I have is the code updating. I downloaded the new code on a new USB and followed the directions to install i.e. turned unit off and put USB in etc... When I turn it back on, nothing happens. I'm new and obviously missing something. Any tips on how to install the code?

Did you unzip the files? You can't put the zip you download on the USB without unzipping the file. For deadpool, it will make a folder with two files in it when it unzips. DO NOT COPY THE FOLDER IT MAKES. Drag both of the files IN the folder to the root of the USB drive.

Secondly, if you DID unzip, did you use the windows unzipper? If so, that may be your problem. Try winzip instead. The windows unzipper has caused problems with update files before.

Lastly, try a different brand USB, formatted Fat-32. Stern machines can be picky about what brands/sizes they like.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Boom! Now if I could only find a DP to buy...

As these updates continue to make Deadpool a much more attractive game to buy, and given the relatively weak initial sales due to crap software, it will be a hard row to hoe these days. Once word gets around how great the machine has become, I can see Stern doing a re-run, even if it's limited.

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don’t get me wrong, they’re easy to find and I have one in the works. But CA TAX law is preventing me from buying from the usual top distributors that have plenty readibly available. $7300 is already a lot of money for a non-LE pin, now tack on $500-700 more to that?

Oh, I was talking about the HUO camp - getting one less expensively from a home install. The tax thing is going to be painful for a while until we all have adjusted to the newly enforced pain.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

One questions for all the pro and premium owners Im debating getting the premium or pro? Just want to know what's more bang for your buck is it worth getting the premium or just save the money and go with the pro? I personally like the pro art better but not sure how the gameplay between the both is better any help will be appreciated.

Premium all the way. You'll never get the disco ball mode to work like the Premium with add-ons for the Pro, and it's a great mode. Also the Premium light show is better, and every Pro I've played shoots like crap - the Premium FEELS better.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You should play more pros, mine shot great.

No thanks. Hated it. The Pros I played were on locations, so maybe set up poorly, but they all were clunky. Plus, I've definitely grown to love the Prem/LE version's features. Wouldn't go back. With the new software, Deadpool Prem is definitely on the hot list.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Vireland, I know your basing your “pros shoot clunky” off personal experience. But It’s pretty annoying that every chance you can on this thread you say how “clunky” the pro is, when it’s not. You had a crappy experience with someone’s game who didn’t give a flip when setting it up.
I’ve but in over 600 very fun games on my machine, and I’ve adjusted the angle 4times to get it shooting perfect.
Yeah it’s more picky then a lot of games on how it’s setup, but once dialed in its smooth!
Please try playing a pro that is setup right so you can stop spreading misinformation about the pro shooting poorly, because it doesn’t.

Not one Pro, multiple ones at completely different locations in different cities. When I play a Pro that does shoot well, I will revise the statement. I was happy to revise the "Deadpool sucks" stance once the software really came along (The Prem/LE is now an excellent choice for a pin purchase with mature, fun software), and I'll do the same once I play a smooth Pro. Until then, I've only played a smooth Premium and a smooth LE.

And just for the record, this isn't my opinion alone. I'm not the only one that has had a clunky experience on the Pro and mentioned it here. It's not uncommon.

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Hey Deadpool owners, about to spring for a premium but still considering Iron Maiden. Any of you out there own both that like Deadpool better?

Deadpool is more of a fun dalliance now. Iron Maiden is more of a serious endeavor. I prefer Iron Maiden Premium, but I like Deadpool Prem a lot.

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What’s all this grain talk?

Depression support group.

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Joined the club yesterday. I can’t believe how fun this game has become. I liked it when I played it at Expo but good lord is this game great!
[quoted image]

It's really improved SO MUCH. The main thing that consistently still bugs me, but is a nitpick, is the eyes for the deadpool model Stern made AREN'T complete. The parts don't fill the holes right and there are bits where you can see through his head onto the background at the corners. Sloppy work. It bugs me.

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Here’s the “ribbing” on mine. Stern seems to think it is acceptable. They have not responded to any emails. Doesn’t affect gameplay but bothers me.
[quoted image]

Cost cutting on the playfield wood and pre-screen prep. Yay Stern?

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Many Sterns and CPR playfields have been this way for years now. Not all of them mind you, but a lot. Seems to be the luck of the draw anymore.

It's MUCH more prevalent on Sterns now. MUCH. And before they used to give you a replacement. Now you get an "as designed" line and no replacement. More Stern cost-cutting, this time on PF wood and prep comes home to roost. At least the craters will eventually make it less the focus of attention...

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I guess we have been lucky. We have bought 6 NIB Sterns over the last couple of years and haven't gotten a 'ribbed' playfield. I have known people that have though.
That said, I have 2 CPR playfields that are ribbed.

We only have one on the route like that, and we get most every new Stern in at least for a while. But the number of people losing the Stern lottery are way up (and Stern's new stance on some pretty ugly examples is "as designed" now), so I can only assume that it's become more prevalent.

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does Stern build their LEs to be more solid than their pros and premiums? This is my first LE and this thing feels like it’s made by JJP. I have a GOT and MET which I’m afraid to give a good nudge and have owned other Stern pros and premiums but this one feels different. Just upgraded the code and added a sub by the way and holy shitballs!

They've reinforced all their cabs since they started splitting once they cheaped out on the cabinet wood. But you're probably just feeling the weight difference between a fuller LE and a relatively mech-light Pro.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Interesting thanks. I love the games Stern has been pumping out but some of their cost cutting measures are pretty ridiculous, as has been debated ad nauseum in other threads so I’ll just say the mutiball with the robot “jackpot” callout is already one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, I like that and the defender FX and the vintage TV music effect(s).

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

very lucky, all the LCD games I've bough, IMDN, GOTG, B66 and DP have it. It's shite.

I wonder if that has to do with the sea air while they're being shipped or the fact that overseas are run first and get the "less practiced" early playfields.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Starting with I think Maiden they started using the more solid W/B style leg brackets instead of the flimsy Data East style ones.

Half-size. They're B/W style, but much shorter, less surface area. And at least the original run of Maiden Pros did NOT have them.

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I heard back from the folks who sold me my Deadpool:
"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."
Seriously?
I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part that weighs about as much as a paperclip and been done with this. But instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.
I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

I would have just contacted Stern directly. Best results in general. Your distributor sounds kind of crappy though. Why don't they go out of pocket for a $5 switch to keep a customer happy? Who are they?

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Side note: any good instruction cards for Deadpool?

Did you get your Premium?

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The one from the backbox goes directly to node 8. Then from 8 one goes down to 9 like in the picture. Anyone have a pic of how they have there’s wired up?

So, looks like a cable fell off?

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Game Room Guys sold me my machine.

Ugh. At least I'm not surprised. I was afraid you were going to spit out the name of a "good" distributor. I had two bad experiences with GrG, and that was that. Never again.

#2543 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Question for those more experienced on the Spike System then me. Was wondering how to do a error report onto a flash drive? Is it an audit dump?
Wife and I was playing a game last night (2 player), was on ball 2 I think of the first player, battling Sabertooth and had one ball locked in little Deadpool waiting for release and the DP screen froze up, along with sounds. Flippers continued to work for about 5 seconds then the whole machine shut down and restarted.
Power supply fluke or game bug?
Figured I'd run an error report when I figured out how to so I could send it to Stern.
Thanks guys.

Sounds like a software glitch, since the Spike power supply problem only rears it's ugly head when a lot is going on (usually multiball) and the power supply can't quite handle it, dropping a smidge low and triggering a reset. But supposedly the system software was changed to address this.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nice, I need to get a Pro translite for mine.

$70 at pinball life, special order.

#2574 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still on an Adrenalin high; but this game is legit! For real, so under the radar. Mad props to NimblePin , tkdalumni , vireland , and apollyon for all the support in my decision.

I'll spend your money anytime.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Anyone else not hearing the country song at game end anymore? I haven't gotten it for awhile, wonder if something changed in the last update.
Also, a request for a future update if Tanio and team are reading:
More initial/name entering opportunities and display for highest score on modes, most ninjas, booms used, etc. would be awesome.

Just heard the country one today. I get the rap song the most.

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

Being an owner and purchaser from day one with Deadpool has been an exceptional experience for my family. We have experienced every code update, it has been great fun. It’s also made made making a 3rd addition extremely difficult, Deadpool has been killer from the 1st time I/we played it. We have been keeping our eyes out for something else,
It’s yet to reveal itself......

jjPotC is AMAZING as a multiplayer pin due to the plundering mechanic that lets you steal score, gold, balls, and even other player's CHARACTER (and its perks). The best multiplayer pin experience I can think of just because of this one mechanic that keeps everyone playing involved. It's also radically different from Deadpool, so it would complimentary at home.

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

We gave that one a try as well it was good, super expensive though for my liking. We also own the stern pirates which is fun as well.

Was plundering enabled? It's what makes jjPotC multiplayer awesome.

#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Fix lighting show for the 4 top inlanes as they get disguised at times and you can’t play the rollovers to complete bonus x. Intentional?

THIS. 1000X this. The B-O-O-M lanes also have the same problem, with the light show effects turning off the actual status of the BOOM lights while the effects are playing, which is SUPER ANNOYING if you're one letter off from BOOM and really need it.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

BOOM blinds me for about 3 seconds when pressed. BOOM!

I have the inserts and flasher brightness turned down to 75%. Factory is too much.

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I want the Mechsuit " jackpot" callout for my phone as a text message alert.
For the audio experts out there , how could this happen ??

Pinball browser, export the audio from the Deadpool rom.

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Deadpool plays great! Also, the move upstairs was way easier than Gottlieb ASM. I found a loose piece. Does anyone know where it goes on the machine?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

coin-mech-screws (resized).jpgcoin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

No kidding. His GOT scores are legendary.

With just one bug exploit and a little practice, yours can be too!

#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome news!!

Muahaha.....you also need a baby in one of your arms to pull it off

I guess you can spend the 9 months while the baby's in production to practice so you're ready to rock the exploit when the baby shows. That's a lot of work and a lifelong committment for a score, though.

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody care to point out what the snikt shot is?

Just to the right of the top spinner, and to the left of the top pop bumper, there's a stand up target at an angle. If you hit that hard enough and at the right angle, it will deflect up the ramp into the Katana. If you look at the target, "snikt" is printed on it.

snikt.jpgsnikt.jpg
#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know of 1. I'm contemplating but I really like the Premium art better. Getting deal on a shaker and PDI. I don't care about speakers, art blades, pseudo-mirror backglass, etc, so it's hard for me to justify $1300 more than I'll be shelling out for the premium w/mods.

We went with a Premium and installed the Pro translite. Best of all worlds.

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got around 120 plays so far and the clear coat is starting to peel off the shooter lane. Anything I can do to protect this?
[quoted image]

Buy a square of bulk mylar from Marco Specialties. Cut a rectangle out of it slightly wider than the shooter lane and cut the middle like a pair of pants. Clean the shooter lane launch area well with rubbing alcohol, then lay the mylar down. I do this on all the machines that go out on route. Some get cliffies, too, but this is a $0.98 of protection that works very well.

5" wide x length
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MMFT

22" wide x length (this is what I usually order - so many uses)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks I’ll grab some of that do you have any pics of how yours is done? and what are cliffys and where do you buy that from? What am I looking for? Thanks

Cliffies are thin metal protection armor for holes and edges of the playfield. The metal frames around holes on Stern machines for the last 4-5 years are essentially rip-offs of Cliff's idea and work.

Here's the deadpool shooter lane cliffy set:
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Deadpool-drain-ejects-set-001.JPG

Email cliff to get a price or order one, it may take a while. Last time I checked he was backed up almost 2 months with orders:
[email protected]

I'll grab one of the paper pieces for one of the shooter templates for a mylar shooter protector and post a pic. I have a stack of the backing paper you take off off the mylar before affixing it I've saved (for whatever reason, I dunno. I usually just make a new one...)

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Files? Crap, I only get a single file that has extension spk.002. I must be extracting or unzipping incorrectly.

Windows built in unzipper has problems with Stern files for some reason. Use WinZip.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

Can somebody give me the decal numbers off of the premium or limited side art blades. Can't find the numbers in the manual. Would like to try an order some for my pro. Not to found of the Stern red side blades. TIA

None of them come with the art blades except the LE, which has its own. The Premium and Pro are intended to use the red ones. I wasn't a huge fan of the red ones, but we got them anyway, and they actually look much better installed in person than in pictures. I don't think Stern will sell LE art blades à la carte.

#2687 4 years ago

I played the Premium today at Allentown and had a huge 2nd ball. Finished w/ about 500,000,000 and 1st place score at the time. Really liked it and was prepared to walk out with the Premium but now I’m second guessing it. I never got Disco MB so didn’t see it and the diverter on functioned a few times. Also a ball went into the shooter lane at least 3 times. Drops are fine but not a necessary upgrade.
Hmmm. It’s definitely not a flow game though. It’s more pick a shot, control the ball, shoot again game.

AS long as you can feel the shots, it can be flowy with the orbit shots, the left ramp, snikt shot (which feels GREAT when you make it) and the Katana shot. The drops, "l'il deadpool", and turnaround shot are the momentum killers. Premium is still the one to have for Deadpool, IMO.

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Wanted! “Cash in hand for a Deadpool pro. PM me. Thank you in advance!”

My buddy here is dying to be part of your club... Help him out so I can play it!!!

How much cash is in his hand?

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’m getting a decent amount of scoop rejects. Any Tips?

If the deflector tight? Loose deflectors will cause rejects. But if it's loose on Deadpool you have bigger problems because I think it's welded to the assembly (without looking). You can also bend the deflector down a little so it makes a harder down guidance for the ball. But just a little, or the ball may not be able to get out!

Playfield angle too steep?

Lasly, I'm not sure how that hellhouse is mounted, but if it's like most you can put a thick washer under each of the back two corners under the PF before putting the assembly back on underneath to angle the back a little deeper and give the ball a better chance of staying in.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Thanks for the ideas!
The deflector is firm on it, so that’s probably not it. I’ve got the angle at 7.0, so probably not that but possibly. I’ll have to try messing with the assembly to lower it a bit and see if that works. I was hoping it was a fix similar to a TNA where I just bent the top of the scoop a bit.

No, I'd do the minor scoop top bend first on this, too. I listed the washer thing last because it's a last resort.

#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Calling is probably best bet, as that gameroomguys listing has “special order” as the stock status. My guess is it’s a non-updated listing and you won’t find if they can get it til you try to order. My recommendation is to call JJ at Game Exchange. He responds super quick and has the best customer service in the hobby.

Definitely. Gameroomguys should be your last resort.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I ordered my Deadpool through Gameroom Guys, and I was really happy with how quickly they shipped, and how much time they spent with me answering pre-sale questions.
I did have a part fail after a couple of months, and that was a little more hassle than I expected, but they (and Stern) eventually did the right thing in the end. Two Pinsiders DM'd me during all of that, and didn't have good things to say about GRG. Can I ask why GRG seems to be not so highly regarded here?

Not great prices and bad support. You got a taste of the bad support, but not a REALLY bad taste. It can get worse. There are much better distributors out there to deal with. Almost anyone else, IMO. GRG are not pinball passionate like many dists are, they're just about the buck.

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m UK based so GRG would not be my point of call - have to say I’m warming to this DeadPool Pin.
The playfield and colours are vibrant, looks beautiful from a comic book artwork perspective and I like a pin that makes me chuckle- like BM66.
The call outs and music are very catchy also having looked at some online footage - what’s not to like
How you guys rate the gameplay? - does it shoot good?, is it fun to play? I’m not one for clunkiness.....won’t have the opportunity to try before I buy being in the UK so if you can let me have a quick list summary of the pros and cons in advance I would be very appreciative. Will be buying NIB..... probably Premium or LE if I can find one.... although as others have mentioned the Pro Artwork looks the best - good old Stern continuity - similar to IMDN project thought art is subjective

Stick a Pro translite ($70) on the Premium and you have the best of both worlds.

The Premium is really enjoyable to shoot with all the drop targets, the RGB light show, and the disco lights. Software still has a few rough edges, but is now very very good compared the the abysmal state it initially shipped in.

#2707 4 years ago

So has anyone matched up the dates on the match wheel with anyone at Stern or...elsewhere? Here's the ones I've seen:

12/29/1902 (2002? It's just an 02)
11/18/1950
7/11/1951
3/2/1973
7/22/1976
8/4/1977
7/7/1980
1/9/1986
3/28/1986

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this? I have the slingshot power turned down to 28 I’ll tweek it down some more and see if that helps.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like the kicker arm is kind of low. Is the left the same height? Maybe it's mounted wrong underneath?

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from waaylander:

Anyone have an issue when the Node8 board connectors become loose after 20-30 games?
When I tap the right flipper the lower lights flicker, If I reset the connectors the problem is fixed until is happens again
Wondering if anyone has encountered this and has a permanent solution?

Try removing the lights on that side one at a time until that stops. It's likely a bad bulb shorting out the string rather than the node board.

(Or alternately and more accurately, remove all the bulbs on that side and add them back until the behavior starts, then set that bulb aside and continue. This is the better method if you have two of more bulbs with issues. Stern uses cheap bulbs. SURPRISE!)

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Can anyone explain on how to retain setting and preferences during an update. Thanks in advance.

With the change to the Stern OS starting with 1.00, it (and all Sterns with the new OS already installed) saves automatically from 1.00 onward. Just did the 1.00->1.01 and the settings and scores were kept.

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

first game post update and I FINALLY hit a billion. Previous high was 892m. 4 time skkt with mechsuit helps.....[quoted image]

Mechsuit with multipliers is awesome.

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

For those of you that have upgraded to 1.01, given what seems like a bug(s), is the update worth the bugs, or better to hold off and stick with 1.0 for now?

1.0 has bugs that are annoying, too, like losing the regen without getting your ball back. I'd still recommend 1.01.

#2805 4 years ago

Maybe accidentally installed Pro code?
No drop targets or lift ramp on pro.

How hard would it be for the updater to make sure it's installing the correct package? This happens WAY too often.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Adjust how/what? Switch test is fine, the only slight issue I've ever had is occasional random triggers of the right katana diamond (sometimes on plunge), but even that I can't reproduce reliably.

Go into switch test mode and smack the playfield with an open palm firmly a number of places around li'l deadpool and see if the standup triggers. If so, adjust the standup.

#2824 4 years ago

First time over 500,000,000 and got the “What are you? Keith Elwin?” callout!

That one cracked me up the first time it happened. Very unexpected.

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I noticed one of my flippers getting stuck. Upon investigation, I noticed that the center of the coil stop broke free. This was causing the stop to wiggle and get stuck inside the sleeve. Could this be due to the flipper being higher strength or a cheap coil stop? Is there a stronger coil stop anyone can recommend?

More hidden Stern cost cutting. They've been using cheap coil stops for a while now.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

Does everyone have rubbers here? On both side of the outlines. I feel like there should be but none were installed.
[quoted image]

Off is the intended setup. On makes it easier and extends ball times. It's already pretty easy, so we have them off on the route.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for PREM/LE owners.
Do you guys ever get a weird ball rattle into the right orbit
ramp causing it to not make it up the ramp? Ever since i cleaned
the playfield it seems maybe 1 in 10 shots will rattle coming out
of the right control gate causing the ball to lose momentum. I
haven’t investigated it thoroughly to see what’s throwing the ball
off yet as it’s pretty rare, but thought i’d hit you guys up first
to see if anyone has seen the same thing or not.

Yes. It happened to me a few times, but it's rare enough I didn't worry about it. Ramp lifts and drops the ball into the shooter so it cleared anyway, just robs me of a BOOM letter.

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

On my premium when I shoot disco loops, a lot of times the ball jumps off the lifted ramp and misses the "wall" that helps direct it to the right flipper.
Any mods for this? Like extending the re-direct wall?

Playfield pitch for your machine?

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

6.8 degrees here and happy with the general flow.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

6.9 seems to be the sweat spot for me.

Ewww.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My curiosity for Deadpool increases. Pro vs premium. Going to Automated Services showroom next week.

Premium all the way. Drop targets, flow, and Disco Multiball (and to a lesser extent Disco loops) is more fun that it has any right to be with such a simple gimmick.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does the Pro disco ball mod work well?
If so, then the only difference would be a couple drops and the left ramp?
I'm trying to decide between the pro and prem. Maybe go Pro and be blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing on the prem?

The Pro disco ball mod does not work like the Prem. You're missing a lot of the experience on the Pro. The drops and disco ball modes add quite a bit.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Anyone else seen the other secret skill shot other than the 'snikt' skill shot? I haven't seen any mention of this skill shot anywhere and never noticed before. Just hit the right orbit on the plunge then the katana ramp for a ninjapocolypse and it says:
"MKV presents...
MKV Secret skill shot"
I think it was worth 12.5 million.
What is MKV?

MXV. I asked and that’s Mike Vinikour’s skill shot (his initials). He says there’s one in Iron Maiden too. I'm assuming it's an extension of the super skill shot, but haven't tested yet.

Match wheel dates that have driven me crazy (I have a running list) are programmer birthdays, and maybe some others, Tanio was vague on exactly who, though. Also wouldn't confirm or deny that some of the other number strings that aren't dates are (as I suspect) button codes.

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Nice, thanks! Do you know if this shot has always been in the game? I just can't believe I never noticed it before. I could just be that oblivious though.

He said it was just added in 1.02.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Yeah I know how to do it now that I noticed it exists, it was just a neat surprise to me since I had a it seen that shot reward yet. Makes sense though if it was only just added in 1.02. So happy they keep adding little stuff like that.
Here's hoping that they add high score initials for the different modes!

It was asked, neither Tanio nor Mike would commit, but I can't imagine they wouldn't add at least some Champion scores, especially stuff like "Tilt Bonus Loser" for the biggest Tilt bonus lost and other taunts. Seems like it fits the game.

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Also,this game is on .85 code I assume a update is in order

DEFINITELY. You don't get Mechsuit multiball until the early .90s, and you don't get the ability to stack until 0.99. So yeah, two of the best things that really open the game up aren't on your machine. Definitely update to 1.02.
Which reminds me that Tanio mentioned the T-Rex 3 billion "exploit" was not an exploit and he invites everyone to get 5x Snikt and then do the T-Rex quest to repeat it. It's not easy. If they can do that "they deserve the points."

#2991 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to get some in-home play on a premium this weekend. Can't wait. I have a feeling my Wonka money may be going to a DP.

I think that would be a great swap. I was not impressed with Wonka in the streams or playing it at the show.

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Game freezed on my pin in attract mode now 3 times and restarted in the last 4 Days.
Never had this before on the older Versions.
Anyone else noticed?

Might be a system-level bug. It's definitely been there since Iron Maiden. They kludged in an auto-reboot on Maiden once every 12 (24?) hours to prevent it. Very much like JJP WoZ until they got their act together and fixed the actual core problem 2 years later.

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

It happenend always in the first 20-40 minutes.

Doesn't sound like the same issue.

Did you measure the output from the power supply to confirm it was giving a solid 48v?

#3051 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Noticed that too.
On another note, I had the 4x playfield multiplier active and hit a Colossal jackpot for 400 million! Really wish I had 5x going, lol. Wish I had a pic too.

It's a kerning issue. The programmer handling the fonts has been messing with the kerning on the 1 and messed it up for the release. I asked Tanio about it and he said it has something to do with the windows tool they use (too long to explain the story, according to him), and it was being worked on.

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I approve of this message. Anyone?

Here you go. Click on it to get the full-res image, then "save as" to your machine.

It's weird that in the expensive Spike era Stern doesn't at least include nice color instruction and pricing cards with their Prem/LE level machines. The cost would be what? 20 cents? The goodwill would be substantial from a very small cost.

Deadpool Instruction Card.jpgDeadpool Instruction Card.jpg

Here's a version where some of the instructions are a little more explicit to match up with the game:

Deadpool Instruction Card-explicit.jpgDeadpool Instruction Card-explicit.jpg
#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have difficulty obtaining multipliers ... your target is like mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. Just takes practice. I can hit it easier from the left flipper but it can be done from the right (I've done it accidentally).

Also every 100 weapons earned will give you a non-timed multiplier boost.

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I tried to get a pic similar to yours. The difference is subtle between our two angles but it might be making a difference. Reposting your pic as well for a quick comparison. Yours is the first, mine is the second.[quoted image][quoted image]

If you use the keyline around the hole as a visual guide, one is about .5mm-1mm wider at the bottom for a slightly more open angle.
snikt-compare.jpgsnikt-compare.jpg

#3069 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Snikt adjustment:
Alright guys here we go. Piggy backing off what mahoyvan did to his Snikt, I didn’t want to screw a new hole. So to compensate with my pitch and difficulty to make a successful Snikt, here’s what I did, real simple:
Added a washer to the top screw under the plate.
[quoted image]
And if you guys are lazy like me, you can use some cutters to cut the washer. Then loosen both the screws, lift up on the plate, and slide the washer under the top screw, then tighten the screws.
[quoted image]
Like I said, I haven’t got to test this much but a few games and won’t be able to test more til tonight, but so far it seems to help. Feel free to give it a shot. Takes 10 minutes to do. Otherwise, wait for my follow up report at the end of the weekend

So the effect is that it lowers the edge of the target closest to the player when the playfield is down?

#3081 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s when i felt a washer would help raise the target and prevent airballs.

That's the part I don't get. Adding a washer under the PF will LOWER the target, since it goes between the bracket and the playfield, pulling it down on the top side, not raising it up.

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone get the optional tops for the pop bumpers - any gotcha's in fitting?

Stern version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/44#post-4897595

Hooked on Pinball version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/48#post-4940712

I haven't seen either in person, but I like the Hooked version from these pics better.

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm thinking of joining the club soon. Pro much worse then premium? for me, it's all about that left orbit smooth transistion on the premium which I love but damn, is that enough to justify 2k+? hmmmm

The *experience* of a Premium blows the Pro away. It's just a much better time to spend with the game. It's hard to quantify the drops and the disco ball, but they just make the game experience better and cannot be replicated on the Pro with add-ons. Totally worth the extra money if you have it to spend.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

I did it. Ordered a premium from my boy Zach at flipnout. First nib game ever.
So any must have mods? I see you all replace your pinballs immediately, any recommendations on which ones to get? Anything else I should adjust or need to do straight out of the box?
F I'm excited lol.

You're going to DIG the Premium. So much fun.

Cliffies or mylar for the shooter lane (varies, depending on which way you go)
Shaker motor $100
Stern art blades $79
Lollipop rails $60
Pro translite (I prefer the art of the Pro) $70 - email Terry at Pinball Life to special order this
Color instruction card (free, look back a page, I posted one I made)
The pinmonk color brackets I made for at least the multiplier cluster and the character modes so they're not stark white. B-O-O-M ones are optional.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Which shaker motor should I get?

You can get almost everything I listed from pinball life. Just make sure you're getting the Spike shaker and not the SAM one.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

What are lollipop rails? And where do you get them from. Also I just got the stern factory shaker motor it’s a must buy.

They're metal side rail replacements that keep the art around the flipper buttons from rubbing off from your fingers.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just installed Pinmonk’s color brackets for the character inserts and the multiplier and they look fantastic (much better than the stock white).

Thanks for the thumbs-up! I agree, but I'm (technically) biased.

Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Ordered the shaker and art blades and grabbed the color mode bracket from pin monk! Thanks man!!

Thanks! You'll be amazed at the difference.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I can't recommend strongly enough replacing the Stern balls. Mine were severely dented after a couple hundred plays. My balls behaved extremely erratically and would fly over rails and smack the glass a ton. A lot of dents in my playfield in those first couple hundred plays. I bought silver jets over 1000 plays ago. My playfield barely had an additional dimple in it and the balls are still as smooth as day one. Barely a scratch on them. They also don't hop over rails and crap all the time like the ones that Stern sent. I'll post up a pic in a while after I get back home.

I don't know if Stern uses different ball suppliers or of they supply they have is just really inconsistent, but some machines come in with balls that last a long time and others have balls that look like golf balls in a very short amount of time. It's weird.

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Just ordered a dozen of Ninja balls from ball baron just to be safe! Also got my cliffys ordered. Haha I think I'm done spending money for a bit. Ouch. But might get some pinstadiums in the future if I hit the lottery haha

Pinstadiums would ruin Disco Loops and Multiball.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

One last thing to get is to order at least 6 red posts from pinball life. The two posts near the little Deadpool will begin to split after less than 50 games. Was that way with mine anyway. Have over 100 games on the super bands and they are holding up great. I changed all my red posts and have a bunch of extra on hand.

Yeah, what's with the rubber Stern is using these days? The 2 3/4" ring behind the D-E-A-D targets broke after like 100 plays on the one here. That gets way less action than slings. I couldn't believe it broke so fast.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I ordered up a few things today too. I decided to go wait a little longer and go with the Premium over the Pro (which was going to come this week) so now just stocking up on the Mods till I get the Premium.

Thanks, and Premium was the right choice on Deadpool for sure. You're going to really love it.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So what is the main difference from the premium and the pro? No way I can afford the premium so just trying to decide between this or Iron Maiden. Something about the left ramp shot is missing from the pro? If it is missing, does that shot in the pro just a loop shot? Convince me that this game is better than Maiden.

Pro? Maiden Pro all day.

Premium? Much harder choice.

Premium isn't just about the flow of that orbit, but the action of the drop targets and the disco modes. It's just a much better experience.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I have no doubt the disco ball on the premium would be a cool AF light show. On the pro I can barely tell what’s goin on during that multiball cuz it’s pretty much just dark. Drop targets for DEAD and POOl as opposed to the stationary targets could go either way. Drop targets slow the game down some. Kinda like on AC/DC pro vs Premium, some people like the stationary targets on the pro more than the drop targets on the premium. The flow from the left loop to the up ramp on the premium is the game changer I think.

The overall bump in game is a much greater than the sum of the parts. The Premium is a substantially better experience than the Pro on Deadpool.

#3151 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then use that extra cash, sell TWD prem, and buy DP Prem. And again, ill get blasted - but TWD PRO is more fun than it’s premium Flow wise and shot wise - IMO.

Is this really a controversial opinion? I thought it was fact. I thought TWD Premium was the way to go. Then I played it.

#3153 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I like the idea of the unique playfield layout and shots but not so much of the theme. Never have been a comic book junkie so the only Deadpool exposure I have is from the 2 movies. Lil Deadpool? Never heard of that dude. Is there enough variety to keep this machine fresh not knowing the characters?

Same boat here. The answer is yes.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Majority of the people will swear by the premium for TWD; i owned one for 6 mos. Then, i played a pro - wow! What a difference.

The fricken laser beam is not any more awesome than it was in Austin Powers (it wasn't awesome there, either) and slows it down, and the addition of the magnet by the well walker is useless. For TWD, Pro all the way. Non-controversial opinion if you've played both fairly extensively.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Where are the gold looking metal shavings coming from under the playfield? I assume it’s the flippers and is this normal? I keep cleaning it up every couple weeks or so. Hit 900 games played on this machine and it’s running great. Checked everything cleaned up that mess and waxed/cleaned the playfield.

Likely coil stops. Stern has famously crappy ones from some suppliers. I haven't noticed the dust on the deadpool here, but the dust is usually crappy coil stops.

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’ll take a pic of it next week it’s more like metal gold looking shavings then dust. I may have some still in the cab I missed. It’s all over the coin box and left side of the cab in the corner.

Still very likely to be the coil stops. Brass is soft.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ok that makes sense if it’s brass since it’s gold in color. Any place I can order some for the future as I don’t see these lasting long at the rate I’m going. Thx

Maybe someone else can chime in on that front. I have a bunch of backstock I use to replace these when they go, so I haven't bought any recently to recommend a vendor.

#3191 4 years ago

What's the point of getting extra snkt time in Megaladon Quest if you don't have it active? Does it stay added until you DO get it?

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Shaker and upgraded speakers for sure. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I plan to get mirror blades to enhance the awesome light show. And I continue to procrastinate on ordering vireland pinmonk lens trees for the multipliers and for my IMDN too lol.

Be warned, once you make the jump on either Deadpool OR Iron Maiden to the colored inserts, the stock white inserts you see on every other one of those you see after that will look WRONG.

#3219 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Cliffy's universal 3 bank drop protector perfectly fits DP. No rejects, no ball hangs and it clears the opto.[quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for testing it out for everyone else to make sure it works.

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Good call as the shavings where from a busted coil stop. It must have been busted all along as I have had those shavings from the beginning. It’s almost completely falling off.[quoted image]

Yep, it's an extremely common long-running Stern problem so the symptom you noticed was a dead giveaway. Fortunately, there's a very easy solution - install a better quality coil stop yourself.

#3224 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I noticed I have the gold dust in my cabinet as well, should I assume that you only need to replace two coil stops, or do you need more than just stops for the flippers?

Probably just the flippers. The pop bumpers, for example, have the stop molded into the bracket, so it's usually different.

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

For powerblades , it would be cool if they responded to the effects of a BOOM! They could illuminate full or strobe for when the GI lights go out

Actually, it would be very cool if there was another layer of printed plastic underneath and the top layer goes dark and the BOOM that was formerly hidden lights up from underneath on both sides.

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Thinking of picking one up. Should I get pro or premium?

For Deadpool, Premium is the better experience, by FAR. It's not even close.

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Anyone have picyures of a Deadpool with Katana blade side rail armor? Preferably on a pro....

Check out the key post index at the top of any page in this thread.

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

you think they would say that in the description but I guess they leave that part out. They do look good in the pictures but surprising how they are made.

They're all cheap. The Game of Thrones ones are a flimsy piece of paperboard with shiny foil glued to it that goes underneath the rails to look like metal. We got them at half price when they cleared them out and even then, it was kind of a ripoff.

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Where did you find the Lil' Deadpool? I like that one.

Lots of versions on Ebay from Hot Toys. Search for "lil deadpool cosbaby"

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We don't currently have a design for Deadpool yet. Are you saying to have two layers that are just blank? Like black and white?

No, have a layer on top that is something like the stern ones (not too busy), and underneath have B-O-O-M printed in large comic font, then kill the lighting on the top layer when BOOM goes off and max out lighting on the B-O-O-M underneath layer so it shines through on both sides.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

DP has been getting a lot of play since it's arrival, and the auto-plunge is acting up. When a game starts, if you have the game auto-plunge the first ball, the ball will make the edge of the top lanes and fall down thru the left orbit...it's not moving very fast though. With how often balls fall into the shooter lane, the auto-plunge gets progressively weaker with every firing until a ball can't get out of the lane. In any multiball, except LDP because it's only one more ball, the shooter lane fills with balls that just go up the rail and right back down.
I checked for loose screws and everything is tight. The mechanism looks fine (although I doubt I'd know if it didn't). There is some side-to-side play in the metal "plunger", but not a lot. How much is too much? Any ideas what's going on and how to correct it?

Move the auto-plunge manually and see if there's resistance in moving in and out of the coil. Then ohm out the coil with a multimeter and see if the resistance is off. Your coil might be bad.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The auto mech moves freely with little to no resistance. From your question, I assume that's not good. I don't have an electrical meter. I can get one. What connections am I checking? What resistance am I looking for? Thanks for helping a novice repairman!

No resistance moving in and out is GOOD. Is there a spring on the shaft to force it back out (gotta check the obvious)?

You definitely want a multimeter around if you're going to have pinball. Fluke's are great, but an auto-ranging cheapie will get you by.

$20 Innova
https://www.amazon.com/Innova-3320-Auto-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter/dp/B000EVYGZA

$50 Klein
https://www.amazon.com/Multimeter-Auto-Ranging-Klein-Tools-MM400/dp/B018EXZO8M

$150 Fluke
https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-115-Compact-True-RMS-Multimeter/dp/B000OCFFMW

The Fluke 115 can sometimes be had for $100ish on sale.

#3262 4 years ago

vireland GOT it now! I felt confused at first ! I'm not sure we can do layers like that but, I like where you are going with this!! It has me thinking big time! #wheelsareturning! If we use your idea, I'll see if we can send you a set on me
~ G

If you pull off the technical considerations to make it happen, it could be VERY cool. (And I won't turn down a set, so don't worry about that!)

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

What angle are you guys running at? I'm not a very good player and had it set at 6.5 degrees and it was seeming to be very easy. Ive only put in 7 games and I've already hit 300 mill, 350 mill, 500 mill (I know not crazy but I'm not good lol and that's just 7 games) and got past Sauron. And is there any settings you guys changed from default?

Outlanes opened up all the way? Pro or Premium?

Take it to at least 6.8. 6.5 has to be a pretty slow-moving (easy) game.

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m having the same issue but not quite as bad. It’s set to full power and it’s getting weaker as the game goes on. I have a meter what’s this coil supposed to measure? Says 3.9 ohms on the coil so i assume it needs to be in that range

I don't have one to measure here, but the standard for 23-800 is 4.2 ohm, so that's pretty close.

Now that you're mentioning it, I have had a few games recently where the autolaunch ended up with a bunch of balls in the shooter lane during multiball because it was having trouble clearing them. I wonder if this isn't software related?

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya my issue is the power just isn’t there so I turned it up and it was fine for a few days now it’s weak again and getting worse. I don’t know if I’m doing this right but I’m seeing 7 ohms then it drops into the 6’s.

7 Ohms is way too much resistance for a 23-800. The chart says 4.2 Ohm. Someone else measured and got 3.9Ohm in circuit (so close enough). But 7 ohm? No...

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Anyone having this problem may want to look at the assembly. I'm probably going to buy a new arm and compare it's shape to the one that is in the game. Does anyone know where to get one?

Kicker Arm, Auto Plunger 535-0728-00

$29 bucks at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0728-00

Maybe just tweak the one you have?

But if you're dead-set, I'd email pinball life and see what they'd charge. They can special order it.

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya but from looking at it I have no idea which way to tweak this thing. Maybe the other guy can maybe chime In on which direction I need to go. This thing as it sits has far to much side to side play. Maybe that’s normal.

I'll look at the one out on the route tomorrow and see what it is like for play. Maybe just needs a washer inside to keep it from slopping around.

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I’m playing with it now if I center it to the right it works fine a couple times then it goes out of wack.

can you get a washer in there to keep it in position?

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks apex for that write up will mess around with it some more. Here is a quick video I shot showing my issue. Thx

Yours looks like it's broken. That post going through about 3/4 of the way, but not connecting on the left should go all the way through and have a retaining clip on the left side.

deadpool-launcher.jpgdeadpool-launcher.jpg
#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday
Deadpool delivered Friday
Decent week[quoted image]

Expensive week!

(Congrats!)

#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Thanks guys. What are must have protectors on this one before we set it up?
I plan on getting the sling protectors from cointaker.
Cosmetic mods will come later. Probably the ninja star caps. I already have a topper.

I'd stick some mylar on the shooter lane until you can get a proper cliffy on there. A couple cliffies for the rollovers below the ball return drop-ins, too.

Did you get the shaker motor? The shaker integration is worth the $100 from pinball life for a shaker.

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

LE comes with the Shaker Motor.

Derp. Forgot for a moment that he got the LE, even though it's plainly visible in the pic.

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Installed Pin Monk's colored inserts yesterday! It looks a lot better with them. I originally wasn't going to get the inserts for the boom button or multipliers since they didn't seem as significant, but after seeing these I'm thinking I'll pick those up.[quoted image]

Looks great! On Deadpool, I would call the mode brackets and the multiplier brackets mandatory and the B-O-O-M brackets optional. The B-O-O-M brackets are nice, but since they're not front and center they don't make as much of a difference as the mode and multiplier brackets.

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well you were super responsive when I messaged you with a question last night, so I'll probably buy the BOOM lenses anyway just to show my support!

Much appreciated! I don't want to give the impression to others that the B-O-O-M lenses are unnecessary - they DO enhance the machine. Just that if someone can only buy two, the mode brackets and multiplier bracket should come first since they make the biggest difference integrating the glaring white factory inserts with the playfield.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Order from Cliffy or does someone have a kit with all needed?

It's on his "new" page:
https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

If you want the rollover protectors, those are generic so you can add them to the order.

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

10.00 and some masking tape and you can do 100+ inserts.

If you aren't picky about the colors matching.

#3318 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

My inserts match the lit color of the ones at the back of the playfield. T-Rex is not dark green when it’s lit. So that’s the color I matched. Mystique insert could use to be a little darker but I’m lazy. I can’t believe Stern didn’t use colored inserts. They definitely got lazy and cheap on the lighting.
Not knocking your product at all. It’s definitely the best way to go for the cleanest install. You could resale a pin with your mod on it. I would remove mine before selling.[quoted image]

It's basically a convenience product. You can take the time to find the right gels and match the colors to make your own or have all the trial and error already done for you and just screw a bracket into place.

Are you going to pull the Mystique color up to the backboard insert? There are a lot of head-scratchers from Stern on the inserts with this. All the other backboard inserts have a screened color outlining it that is a variant of the lit insert color, except Mystique, which they outlined purple, but left white. It makes no sense!

#3322 4 years ago

Hey Guys,
What do you think of this design for our new Deadpool pinblades?[quoted image]

Really dark for a pretty bright game with a comical character. Maybe try to integrate more of the humor of the game and less black? I mean, you have time travel, dinos, sharks, disco balls, unicorns, ninjas, etc to work with. This sample is kind of one-note given the available source for the game.

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Auto-plunge still working perfectly, but something new crept up. I checked the thread and haven't seen anything for it yet. My top-right gate is acting up. It no longer stops the ball and puts it in the pops when it should. During Sabretooth Battle when hitting the left loop (Dazzler), the ball would hit the lowered top-right gate and fall in the pops for battle damage. Now it just makes the Prem loop back to the right flipper. The gate doesn't lower.
It also crops up on the plunge or right loop (Domino) shot. If I hard plunge without holding the left flipper, the ball will sometimes hit the top-left gate and bounce hard enough to go back down the shooter lane. The top-right gate doesn't come down again. The same thing can happen with a clean right loop shot. The ball whips around the loop, hits the top-left gate and rebounds to the right. Gate isn't down, so the ball will sometimes fall back into the shooter lane.
During Berzerker Rage, the gate does seem to lower, but I need to do more play-testing to be sure.
Any ideas?

Check your orbit switches first in switch test mode.

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I have a friend that is a "smacker". I cringe every time he does it. I tell him that there are skill shots that he's missing out on...trying to be kind!

I like the pins that have the pointed shooter rod handles. You CAN'T do that or it kills your hand.

pointed-shooter (resized).jpgpointed-shooter (resized).jpg
#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I played a game to check if the problem was still there, and it was. I ran the switch test. There were no errors. I inspected the switch and the "black flap" (not the technical term, I'm sure) was stuck in the up position. I pressed it down. There was no resistance. I played another game, and everything was fine. A couple more, and it was still good. After a couple more....the problem came back. I inspected again, and the "flap" was stuck back up. I ran the switch test with it up and got no errors. I pressed it down and ran the test again. Again, there were no errors. So my question is...what should I look for now. Thanks for helping a rookie out, again!

Spring or arm to coil may be messed up on the upper right gate. If you open and close the gate in coil test mode, is it opening and closing fully each cycle you test?

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How different is the lightshow between pro and premium?

Slightly, but the main difference is the disco multiball light show that's absent on the Pro that can't be duplicated with existing mods. The mods that are out are a poor approximation of the Prem/LE function, but I don't think they can be improved because they're just triggering off one point to turn the ball on. Disco Loops and Disco Multiball is one of the best things about the Prem/LE. Wacky and fun.

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Ok so if I understand correctly, pro has no disco mb mode?

On the Pro, the mode is there (both disco modes, loops and multiball, actually), but it makes little sense without the machine-controlled disco ball light show.

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Disco Loops is missing on the pro.

Ah, right. Forgot - no ramp.

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm guessing a white spotlight lights the disco ball on the premium/le?..... and where is that light located/mounted?

It's a semi-hidden directional LED behind the turnaround of the left short ramp. You can see the location on page 19 of the manual.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Like others have said , if you think the extra flow of the left orbit and the disco lights are worth the money go prem.
For me I really like the prem/LE for this game. Although I prefer the pro art.
I’m still trying to justify buying a LE over prem.

We just put the superior pro translite on the premium ($77, pinball life special order). Solved 90% of the issue since you don't spend your time looking at the cabinet sides when playing.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Both versions are fantastic, but if you wouldn't miss the extra $1700 (assuming you buy nib) then I'd go premium. I love my pro, but the premium is certainly a slightly better experience.

I don't even think it's slightly better. It's a LOT better. One of the few Pro/Prem comparisons where it's not even close.

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Hi everyone I posted this question on the forums,
hope someone here can answer.
Can I use a Dead pool pro playfiled protector,
on an Dead pool premium?
Thanks in advance

Just clean and wax the playfield regularly. No need for a playfield protector, especially not at home.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey fellas! I just noticed on eBay a guy selling a DP premium reproduction translite for 40 bucks shipped. Has anyone ordered one of these and, if you did, did you like it?

Legality aside, even in the pictures, it looks washed out terrible.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

When I first got my machine, the Hell House VUK would kick the ball to the top of the right flipper, allowing me to catch it. Nowadays, it kicks to the plastic just above the flipper, sending the ball wild and often into the slings. Does anyone know how I can rectify this? Playfield is perfectly balanced. Even when I adjusted the legs to lean a little more left, it still happens. Thanks.

Slow-mo film with iPhone and see what's causing the bias. That should tell you a lot.

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hello,soon a deadpool pro will be at home and i would like to know if shaker is a must have for this game ?
Thanks for your answer

Shaker is well integrated. For $99, totally worth the investment.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Ordered my DP -Premium today. I was in the same boat. Couldn't decide on the Pro or Premium. Had a chance to play quite a few games on both machines over last weekend. It was a really hard decision, but since I had a little extra cash laying around I went ahead and ordered the premium version. I had just as much fun playin the pro and premium. I bought Iron Maiden Pro and couldn't be any happier. I typically like to buy premium but on both these games the pro's are super good. The disco ball, drop targets and orbit diverter were nice. I did enjoy the gameplay a little more. Either way you can't go wrong and I hate when people say that, but for this title it's true!

Iron Maiden is really a personal preference so it could go either way (having spent a lot of time on both), but Deadpool is Premium, hands-down, no contest. You made the right choice.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It was like that in the original code. Now you only have to hit POOL to light locks on any multiballs after the first one. Drop targets also are used as mentioned above to light regeneration as well as your mystery.

And qualify juggernaut damage arrows in battle.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I set it to have to complete dead drops to start battles. Felt it was to easy.
What is the latest code?
I'm only on day two of playing this and I've already had a couple scores over a billion. I'm not even sure of the rules yet. I turned all the settings to medium. I just have a feeling mine is set too easy? Should I go to factory settings? I'm not sure if the prior owner may have changed anything.

Playfield pitch?

#3466 4 years ago

Might want to try 7.0 if it's too easy. Also, are your outlanes wide open?

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You guys keep these silver posts in? Doesn't seem lime there's much other way to open it more than it is?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your right post is on the middle position, not the top.

#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Anyone have photo's of some Spot Lights? The middle of the playfield is surprisingly dark on my Premium. Also is there supposed to be a rubber on the out lanes, I noticed each post doesn't have any rubbers.

No rubber between the lanes is factory.

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Thank you Lior for building this custom DP topper. Looks great!

The uplighting needs to be moved toward the front of the machine's backbox (or have two rows of LEDs) so his face is lit instead of just the bottom of his chin. You can also tilt the bust forward a couple degrees to get better lighting past his shoulders.

#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Good suggestion, I’ll try that. Thank you

It's a nice bust, just needs better lighting. Good luck with the tweaking.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just got the stern inner art blades
It’s been a minute since I put some on
Water in a spray bottle correct?
Thanks!

SOAPY water in a spray bottle. The soap is the key. Just a little in a full spray bottle. A teaspoon or so.

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My go to installing decals has always been using simple Windex. Mist the back of the decal and it after you squeegie it will dry quickly. Installed many and never an issue. Good Luck!!

Actual windex breaks down plastics over time because of the ammonia. Brittle plastic is probably not a problem for art blades glued to a piece of wood, but the windex will make them brittle over time.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I find it utterly strange, that such an amazing looking pin, has the most fugly lcd presentation ever seen.

They were going for an 80's or early 90's videogame look. They talk about how everything was rendered in high res, but they had to run it through de-res filters to make it look more like low res video game art. I think they nailed it. I'm no Deadpool comic fan, but I really like the pin and what they've done with it. Sounds, especially. Total videogame and TV nostalgia bomb.

#3518 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

But where do you adjust the flipper power???
Can’t find it? Looked „everywhere“
?

Play better.

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently are you guys reaching Mech Suit MB? I feel like I'm seeing it to frequently? Anyone adjust the settings to make it more difficult?

How many weapons to qualify it on yours? It's 45 on the one here.

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Looks like they are still making the pro. I bought a premium a few weeks ago and it was dated 8/27/18.

They had quite a bit of back stock when Deadpool sucked and word was out, killing sales. Then sometime in the December 2018 .9x software when mechsuit and the stacking was added and other stuff was improved the game became super-awesome. It took a while for people to realize that Deadpool had turned a corner, so word didn't really get strong on it until like March-ish? Sales have really started to take off now, but they're still working through back stock with some distributors. The Premium is my #1 recommended Stern game now. Really great.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Yeah I would love to buy your product but you don’t ship internationally. Why is this? I don’t understand this?
Im in Australia. Any chance you could send them to Perth? It should be much at all since I always ship stuff from Switzerland and a package under 500grm is 17.- CHF

Sure I do. I just can't in the Pinside store because they don't have zoned shipping rates per country. If you go to pinmonk.com you can order anything you like. I'd say a good 1/4 of what I've sold has gone out internationally, and a LOT of it to Aus/NZ.

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I made a terrible pinball mistake several months ago and sold my Deadpool LE for a Must have trade. Since that day my wife and I have regretted that move as we Loved the game and it keeps getting better. Long story short I put in a call to Mr Awesome Zach at Flipnoutpinball and he got me another NIB Deadpool shipping next day! Deadpool LE is back in the house again Monday and he's Staying this time!!!!

That must have been SOME trade.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Won't lie, it was a Munsters and it didn't last long sadly......

Ouch. Salt in the wound of a bad trade. Thoughts and prayers for you.

My worst trade was a NOB Vectrex with most of the games with complete boxes and instructions/overlays for a used refrigerator. We needed the refrigerator because ours died, but if I could take that one back (from like 30 years ago!) I would.

#3549 4 years ago

Nope. Never crossed my mind.

Oh man. Vectrex was THE game system I always wanted. I’d play for hours at a Sears while the crappy family car was getting tires/battery/muffler etc at Sears Auto Center. Mom never approved of it sadly.

I worked at a computer/game store after school at the time so I got all the stuff at almost cost when I bought. I had all the games except the 3D stuff that came at the end and kept it all in the original boxes. It was a very cool system with fun games.

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Anyone have issues uploading new code. I have tried 3 formatted USB drives all individually downloaded and nothing. First time with a spike2 game but have never had issues with SAM or Spike?

Are you unzipping the code update with windows? If so, don't. Use WinRaR or the like. Windows unzip has problems with Spike zips for some reason but will not report errors, it just makes bad files.

Also, Spike is picky about their USB sticks. Have you formatted it Fat-32, NOT NTFS or Ex-Fat?

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The team ups and the BOOM are what mixes up the battles. If you don’t use either of those, then it’s just shoot the same blinky light. Otherwise, you can use the team ups and booms and work on different combos to defeat your opponent faster and to get a higher final shot value. Risk/Reward. I had one the other night against Mystique that something like this: Dazzler Team up > Left Ramp > center shot > BOOM > left ramp > Katana Ramp > Dazzler Team up > Boom just as i hit the shot into the scoop for a final blow.
And your score reflects how well you do something like that in a battle. If you just hit the normal shots with no team up you’ll get roughly 5-20 mil final blow. But it’s Pretty dam awesome when you get a 100 mil non multiplied final blow shot; think my best is just over 300 mil (multiplied).

What's your best disco loops? I got 100 million the other day and was pretty proud of myself.

#3620 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm about to go play this game. Let me know if you want a picture of today's newspaper next to the loading screen.
Seriously, though, let's go ahead and stake this code thing to my very reputation on this site. The friend who sent me the picture not only wouldn't start a hoax or know how to use Photoshop, but also has no idea about the significance of 1.03 versus any other random number. So, I'm not being duped, and I promise I'm not duping anyone else.
I've reached out to Tanio on Twitter to try to get more info but haven't heard back.
Let's put this to rest, other than actually trying to figure out if anything is new in 1.03. OK, everyone?

One thing to look for is to see if the spacing on the 1's on the mystery and match wheels are still weird. If the kernining is ok now, it's definitely different. Just take a picture of any match wheel with 1s on it.

#3621 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

That tough geometry and the the Lil' Deadpool space being 99% unused after the first multiball are the big downsides for me.

Li'l Deadpool's target is massively used in the T-Rex quest to finish it. You have to hit it over and over.

#3632 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I have now played many games on a Deadpool pro and I can officially say that I need this game in my collection. That being said, I need to find a premium, because I assume from what I've read that it's worth considering even though the art on the pro is the best in my opinion. That katana lock/multiball shot is so very awesome...heck, they all are.

For Deadpool, Premium is the one to get, hands down. You can put the pro translite on it for $77 if you want, and that's all you really look at anyway.

#3636 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Funny enough, you know me well...I have been looking for a pro translite ahead of time, haha.

Pinball life will special order the pro translite for you, and that's where I got the $77 price. It was the cheapest around at the time I got it.

#3637 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Super happy with my pro... is the premium better.. maybe some.... but the pro is really good especially for the cost difference. Its one my favorites along with met pro....

The Premium deadpool is one of the few where the cost difference is absolutely worth it. Drop targets, extra ramp, extra mode, disco ball, etc make a huge difference in the gameplay experience.

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Got my game in on the 5th of July. It has 1.03 code on it.

Is the spacing of the 1s on the match wheel and mystery weird (i.e. the 1s seem abnormally far away from the other numbers)?

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why are they adding these back?
Everything is low voltage now 12 or 5 volt ... I thought.

So you don't get your fingers smashed by the auto launch while checking the shooter lane switch, for one. Getting rid of the interlock was stupid for many other related reasons.

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never understood the need in the first place. Turn the game off when working on it. Always.

And how are you going to verify that a switch works with the power off? Pulling out your multimeter? No, just...no.

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Damn this game is fun. Thinking of getting LE now (prem owner).

LE isn't really going to give you anything important you don't have already. It's not like the Pro to Premium jump that is huge.

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It depends on ones definition of important.
pninja005 Go and look at Sterns comparison (on their website) of all 3 machines. LE has a number things Premium does not have. Of course, there is always a cost.

Let me clarify. You're going to get anti-reflection glass, bigger speakers and amp with lit speaker rings, mirrored backglass (the only real great add), different cab art and art blades, powder coated armor, a shaker motor, and a vinyl LP.

None of that really adds to the gameplay except maybe (MAYBE) the bigger speakers. So if you have the Premium, you have the same gameplay you'll have with the LE.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Which disco ball for the pro?

None. From what I've seen, they're not connected to the mode but just tied to a flasher in a very basic way so they really don't work right on the Pro.

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some help please. The gate on the plunge is always up even if I don’t hold in the left flipper button. If I hit the skill shot on the right ramp it doesn’t give me credit for it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Go into switch test mode and roll the ball over each of the switches in that ball path (starting with the shooter lane switch) and make sure they all register from a ball rolling over then (NOT from your finger pressing them).

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

It seems like my machine always thinks the plunge is a ball save situation therefore bypassing holding the left flipper button to open the gate and no skill shot credit.
Any ideas on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

So, if you plunge the ball not holding any flipper buttons it will send the ball around the orbit and if you hit that ball and make the Katana skill shot you don't get credit for it?

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They all register and the gate functions correctly in the switch test but as soon as I play a game the gate opens on the plunge without holding in the left flipper.

Are you sure they were all OFF and the ball rolling manually over them made them turn ON? Was maybe one stuck ON, and the ball rolling over made it go OFF, which will still look like it's working, but it's wrong. Can you do a video of the screen and rolling the balls over each switch manually one at a time in the ball path?

1 week later
#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Has anyone put cliffys in the switch slots under the ball drops? I’m considering it but not sure if it’s overkill.

Usually you don't use cliffies on the rollovers unless the ball drops ON the rollover slot(s) to prevent them from getting chewed up. Deadpool drops the balls ahead of the slots, so overkill.

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

So what is the trick to hitting the sknt!!! shot with some sort of accuracy? I am new to pinball and I am having difficultly finding it on the flipper. Its a great game. Thanks!

I just try to make a very slightly late spinner shot. It's hard to do consistently just right.

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Below is the list I emailed to stern:
“The following are the switches that are cycled through in the active switch test. I don’t know what is intended to be closed or not.
Dc sense
Lil dp drop reset
Left flipper eos
Right flipper eos
Trough 6
Trough 5
Trough 4
Trough 3
Trough 2
Trough 1”
Stern did say that these were all correct.
Their tech support doesn’t get back to my emails I have to keep emailing them so today I had some time and decided to call them. Spoke to Chas who is the one that I have been emailing. We determined that the switch in the right orbit before the turn is causing the gate to open on the plunge. Chas was going to let engineering know and see what suggestions they had.
This has been going on for over two weeks, is this normal with Stern? With JJP things seemed to get resolved much quicker.
Anyone have suggestions on what I could do to fix the problem?

I forgot, is this a pro or a prem/le?

It's not unusual. Sometimes JJP resolutions take YEARS, it just depends on the problem. Fixing the code to stop the WoZ ECLE lockups on 6.xx versions took more than a year and a half. I finally gave up and figured out my own solution to solve it.

#3776 4 years ago

So, glass off, game started, ball in the trough. Gate is closed?
If yes, then remove ball from trough. Game is still closed?
If yes, then hit the switch at the corner. Gate is now open?

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Gate closed when ball removed from trough, switch at the corner opens the gate.

Something has to be wired wrong with your left flipper. If you hold the left flipper and remove the ball from the trough, what's the gate status? And still holding the left flipper, what's the gate status when you trigger the upper left switch while holding the gate?

#3791 4 years ago
Quoted from scorche:

LE #451 reporting in! It is the first pin to actually live in my house and is going to get a good bit of attention...[quoted image]

I love the side art and sparkle armor on the LE. So choice.

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

When I hold the left flipper button and remove the ball from the trough the gate is closed. When I hold the left flipper button and the ball goes over the switch before the turn in the orbit the gate is open.

So essentially regardless of the position of the left flipper button, it acts as if you're depressing the left flipper button. If all the switch tests are fine (and none are reversed), maybe you have a bad SD card? A factory reset wouldn't fix that and it could corrupt the code. Have you tried replacing that?

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Worked on the orbits which were feeling a bit clunky. Firstly the dazzler spinner was a bit stiff. Found the arm of the spinner was bent slightly up, meaning that the arm had a lot of friction against the switch as it turned. Straightened it do it was level. Also put the slightest bend in the switch so it does not push against the arm as much. Then I bent the switch in the launch lane so it does not stick up as much. About to lubricate orbit gates and spinners. Lithium grease good? Just a dab using toothpick?[quoted image]

Grease on gates? Coil dust will turn that to a globby mess over time.

#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

[quoted image]

Is that a Stern-branded Spike shaker motor, or 3rd party? The connector doesn't look like a pinballlife one...

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I bought it from gameroomguys

Doesn't tell me anything. Who made the shaker motor? Printed the instructions? There has to be some clue about whose shaker motor you're dealing with.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I'm going to call them it says no where on the instructions the bill it says stern shaker kit[quoted image]

The orientation is at least right according to the schematics. Pin 1 Blue, Pin 5 red, Pin 4 key.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Boom button is cancelling battles even with quick presses. Other times booms going off by themselves. Sometimes does not register at all when entering initials. Is it the top leaf or the bottom leaf that this button usually needs adjusting?
When I first got it, button was really stiff so I bent top leaf down just a little. Worked fine for a week. Now giving me trouble.

The leaf is probably bent up too high, or your switch is going bad.

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks vireland for all your help. You’re like a Lil Lloyd. Very helpful. Really appreciate it.

This place has been a great resource, so I'm happy to help out on issues I can.

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. I’m a bit of an idiot. It’s obvious what I had to do. Was adjusting boom button without lock bar on. Now that I lifted playfield and put lock bar on I can see!
Easy peasy.
Before and after.
Hope I’ve been able to help fellow morons out there.
Edit: one other thing. Make sure the bar is locked before adjusting. It sits lower when locked.

Ha! Without looking I was thinking it was like jjPotC with an actual switch and not a switch stack. Good job!

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Where can I buy figures like on the LE/ premium for my pro?

Grab the LE manual for the part numbers and email Terry at pinballlife.com. He can order them for you. I'd imagine a distributor closer to you in Europe can also order them.

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looking to join the DP club with either a Prem or LE (still can’t decide which I like more artwise) just wanted to ask I notice on the Prem/LE translite that there is the t-Rex, megladon but there also looks to be a kraken and mastodon, I believe originally there was a kraken mode/insert on the whitewood are these now in the game as modes? Thanks

Kraken doesn't have its own mode, but IS part of the Megalodon mode (in the background, taking down the chimi truck), and the Megakrakolodonus wizard mode.

#3903 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Does any one know if Stern is still planning on fixing the 1 spacing so it doesn't look like 1 0? I thought someone had reached out to Tanio at one point and he said it would be corrected. They were great with timely code updates with this game, and Stern is busy rolling out new games so I am not complaining, plus I know this doesn't impact game play, but since at one point I though it was being corrected I figured I would ask in case any body is in touch with Tanio. Thanks.

Yeah, I expect it'll be fixed in the next update. Back at GSE when he gave a presentation, I asked Tanio before the event and he said it was an issue with the tool they use to get fonts in or something and it messed up the kerning. He's aware and indicated it would be fixed.

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my 1st real "big test" on a DP...
found a PRO not far from my house, spend 4 houres on it (with just 1 euro), leave the place with 11 credits for the kids...
i found the pin to be easy to play, approach was not tactical (also because still old 0.95 code) i played it on the volley, for fun & with passion
must admit i really enjoyed the time i spend there, was already positive about DP before, now i'm even more
really looking to test it in 1.02, for sure could only be a more good surprise !?
and than, far from hi scores i've seen here, but good afernoon for a 1st contact lol

1.02 is WAY better than what you had on 0.95. It only gets better. Try to track down a Prem on location, it's an even better play experience.

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx guys...
in fact, i have a proposal from a new pinball friend, a limited swap (1, 2 or 3 monthes, we dont know), my DI LE vs his DP LE
as it, the idea seems very nice, but to be honest i never did a swap like that, i'm a bit afraid if a prob occurs (to his pin, to my pin) and how we'll deal with it, even if we are "gentlemen" lol

You're getting the better end of that limited swap. Just do it.

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

DPLE or DPprem, which art do people prefer I know this is subjective but I’ve never seen a premium in the flesh so to speak so can only judge a pro and le in person.

LE Cabinet with Pro translite is the best of all worlds. The Prem/LE translite is weak, IMO, but you can get a Pro translite for $77 and fix it.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

A couple questions:
The outlane posts don’t have rubber on them. Is this normal?
Sometimes I get a double feed. Any known correction?
I see a stickies topic from HighProtien describing replacements for some post sleeves. Are these just standard post sleeves from titan?
Thanks

1. Normal
2. Trough IR issues, most likely. Shooter lane switch intermittent second possibility. Trough power too high as a last possibility.

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I installed vireland 's Mode light covers tonight. While doing so, I noticed that all the springs for my drop targets were rusty at the bottom. Build date is March, I got it NIB in July. How common would you say something like that would be? I don't forsee it having caused/causing any problems, just seems a bit odd considering the age of the machine.[quoted image]

That's not rust, it's the blood of Gary Stern anointing the springs of every drop target assembly. You're fine.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

So, FYI, I have a form of colorblindness. What I'm gathering is that is indeed red paint and not the rusty brown that I see. Thanks for the help all.

Ah! That explains why you thought blood red was rust. Thanks for the followup.

Have you tried the EnChroma glasses? This guy with colorblindness trips out on seeing orange for the first time with the glasses and realizing that orange isn't a shade of green:

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Cliffy is the absolute best![quoted image][quoted image]

Seems excessively long for protection of the guide area.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Just got the premium yesterday and loving my first pin! My only issue is the boom button isn’t registering. I’ve confirmed this through diagnostics. Is there something I should look at mainly for connecting? It’s not supposed to touch the led for the button when pressed is it? (Mine doesn’t).

Check the switch stack for the button in the center under the lockdown bar. Likely the switch leaves are too close together (always making contact) or too far apart (never making contact). Adjust. Then with the lockdown bar still off, go into switch test mode and make sure it's working, THEN replace the glass and the lockdown bar and do a final test.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had to work on my orbits and guides to make them smoother:
1. Lifted left gate at rear (screws behind back board) it was rubbing against the ball when open and slowing it down.
2. Bent all rollover switches so they don’t poke up as much
3. Adjusted spinner leaf switches and added lithium grease to make them less obstructive to the ball
After all this I do notice the right orbit is clunky. I think the culprit is this:
[quoted image]
I’ve been thinking of removing. It seems a really stupid solution to keep the ball guide in place. I think the ball is jumping over it.

Yeah, it's weird that it would be at playfield level instead of raised an inch or so.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

It is there to direct the ball coming out of the pop bumpers, without it I think you would get even more balls in the shooter lane.

If it was raised up it would deflect the ball as it went up the right side rail. As it sits the ball should not come in contact with it. I tried running the ball by hand it is clears that metal.
Stumped at what will make this smoother, love every aspect of this game except for the right loop rejects. I am tempted to put a ball gate on the shooter lane. It would need to be angled to work though so it doesn't trap the ball.

If you take the time to record it with an iphone on slo-mo, it will likely become obvious what's causing the rattle hits. It doesn't bother me enough to do that yet. I just chalked it up to being a Gomez design.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Has anyone had the weapon switch keep going off like you made the shot (ramp behind lil dead pool) when using the right flipper? I noticed it when i first start the game even before I plunge the ball. I tried toadjust the two sensors on both sides of the ramp behind lil deadpool so I doesnt continue to happen. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glass off. Switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm in various places on the playfield and the cabinet. See if that switch triggers. Sounds like it's vibration-related.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

"Flippers causing playfield lighting to go crazy" Hey, gang, scratching my head here. I've had this NIB Premium for a couple months now, no problems, and has the latest code. Yesterday for the first time there was a freeze/reboot during play. Seemed ok, but a few games later the playfield lights, especially the inserts, started behaving bizarrely. When I hit the flippers, especially the right flipper, different inserts start to light up, see the two images, this is before the ball was even launched after game start. I tried reseating the MPU connections, and Node 1 on the cabinet to no avail. Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

Node 8 is where the flippers are driven and all the lights shown in your picture as affected are on that board, too. I'm *guessing* the node board is borked. Node 8 and 9 are the same, you just change the dip switches to make one into the other. I'd power off, take pictures of cabling locations on Node 8 and 9, then unplug and swap the boards and change the dip switches and see if the problem travels. I'm betting it does.

Node 8 is OFF OFF OFF OFF
Node 9 is OFF OFF ON OFF

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

This sounds like a great lead, thanks. I've never messed with a node board before, I'm worried I might mess this up. I'll send a note to the dealer I bought it from too, maybe he will conclude Node 8 is borked and send a new one. You seem really well versed on this so I suspect you are spot on! Do you have any idea why it borked? If I do switch node 8 and 9, where will the problem "travel to"? i.e., what lights does Node 9 control? Thanks very very much! -Paul[quoted image]

Node 9 is DEAD (not POOL) lights, Dazzler Team-Up, Disco ball, all the lights leading to the left ramp, special, colossus team-up lights. It's all in the manual charts starting on page 11.

The coil drivers for node 9 are drop target reset, right ramp hold, all pop bumpers, etc.

The only way you can mess it up is if you plug something into the wrong place, but taking good pictures from multiple angles and copying what goes where SLAVISHLY should be fine (and remembering to change the dip switches correctly before powering back on).

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Maybe check the connections to the Node board. You might get lucky and find a loose contact. Also check for a wire that might be shorting.

Of course. I assumed the easy stuff like checking connections had already been done, but maybe not.

#3976 4 years ago

Was it known that you can turn the background on your score display all black with a font and outline of all red by hitting both flipper buttons after the game is over when it's displaying your final score? I just found this today...

#3987 4 years ago

Pinball Life just added the Pro translite for those with Premiums that want to put a Pro translite on it. Not a special-order item anymore...

https://www.pinballlife.com/deadpool-pro-translite.html

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay Deadpool owners, I'm going to get this pin in the next month or two for sure. My question is, I'm normally a Premium or LE guy. Right now my collection has 4 LEs and 4 Premiums. Is it worth getting a Premium DP and spending $2k more than what I can get a Pro for?

On Deadpool, Premium is by far the way to go. Pro is a different (and lesser) game experience. Be sure to order the shaker motor because premiums don't come with it and the integration is pretty good on Deadpool.

If you want LE, go for it. It's an exceptionally pretty Stern LE with the sparkle red armor and mirrored backglass.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the BIG day... tonight i should get a DP LE, in a temporary swap with my DI LE... new experience, let's hope this goes well (for the 2 parts)
almost, seems a good idea to make pinballs turn in the gameroom, and play/try something else for a limited period

You're not giving the DP LE back.

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol
you already said it
(as a "player") i know i will enjoy DP for sure
but right now, i still think DI is one of the best pin on the market, its full of very good things
but OK, will be honest and later gave feedback of course

Just make sure the Deadpool LE has the latest software installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
666 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/1?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.