(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 326.
#9901 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’ve had this intermittent issue on my Deadpool recently where the LED’s aren’t lighting up in the correct sequence. The biggest one that triggered the issue for me was that at the start of a ball the 5X would be flashing rather than the Ball Save Light.
I took a good run through the LED’s in test tonight and sure enough things are weird… I’ve attached a video of the weirdness in test but it starts with the left outlane, it should be lit, but it isn’t, the left inline is lit instead. Then everything is off by one light until the (D) in the Deadpool drops… then it falls out of order again… this goes on throughout all the lights.
I reinstalled all the firmware via USB but have not tried redoing the SD card. No errors in the diagnosis and no errors when testing the Node Board Bus.
Physical inspection isn’t showing anything really glaringly wrong.
When I play the game in this state the right switches trigger but the wrong lights light up.
Any thoughts? Anyone see this before with Spike2 games?

It's not software related. It's a loose connection. I can't tell you which one, but this happens to my machine from time to time. Lift the playfield and press each connector to make sure they are all seated well. Visual inspection is not enough. When this happens to mine, all of the connections look good to the eye. Once you finish, the game should be fine.

#9902 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’ve had this intermittent issue on my Deadpool recently where the LED’s aren’t lighting up in the correct sequence. The biggest one that triggered the issue for me was that at the start of a ball the 5X would be flashing rather than the Ball Save Light.
I took a good run through the LED’s in test tonight and sure enough things are weird… I’ve attached a video of the weirdness in test but it starts with the left outlane, it should be lit, but it isn’t, the left inline is lit instead. Then everything is off by one light until the (D) in the Deadpool drops… then it falls out of order again… this goes on throughout all the lights.
I reinstalled all the firmware via USB but have not tried redoing the SD card. No errors in the diagnosis and no errors when testing the Node Board Bus.
When I play the game in this state the right switches trigger but the wrong lights light up.

I'll second that opinion - I've had a couple of issue on mine where the LEDs were randomly lighting - at one point I thought I had a 5x multiplier going with no idea how I had made it happen (turns out I hadn't). Also the top lane rollover lights used to randomly blink and switch.

Reseating the connectors fixed it all up.

#9903 2 years ago

Working on my Disco moves!

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPG
#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If you lights are off by one you might have a connector plugged in one off. In that case light #3 might activate light #4 in switch test until you get to the end prong which will be not connected to anything (nothing will light)

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's not software related. It's a loose connection. I can't tell you which one, but this happens to my machine from time to time. Lift the playfield and press each connector to make sure they are all seated well. Visual inspection is not enough. When this happens to mine, all of the connections look good to the eye. Once you finish, the game should be fine.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'll second that opinion - I've had a couple of issue on mine where the LEDs were randomly lighting - at one point I thought I had a 5x multiplier going with no idea how I had made it happen (turns out I hadn't). Also the top lane rollover lights used to randomly blink and switch.
Reseating the connectors fixed it all up.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you lights are off by one you might have a connector plugged in one off. In that case light #3 might activate light #4 in switch test until you get to the end prong which will be not connected to anything (nothing will light)

Thank you folks… I’ll get back under the playfield and reseat the boards.

#9906 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I too would personally nuke the scores in that case. Start fresh knowing it's scoring properly now.

That’s what I wound up doing. The possibility that the scores were tainted would always be in the back of my mind.

I’ll admit it’s kinda frustrating since that GC score remains the furthest I’ve progressed in the game. Mechsuit with 3 snikt shots for a 4x playfield multiplier, sauron multiball complete along with two sauron team battles. It’s gonna be a while until I get there again, lol.

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I’ll admit it’s kinda frustrating since that GC score remains the furthest I’ve progressed in the game. Mechsuit with 3 snikt shots for a 4x playfield multiplier, sauron multiball complete along with two sauron team battles. It’s gonna be a while until I get there again, lol.

I hear that. I put up my best game months ago and cracked 2 bil. I feel I am better at the game now but just haven't been able to string it together to get to the wizard modes. Mind you I have also been dabbling with different strats that aren't focused around progressing the Battles and Quests so much so I should go back to that for a while.

#9908 2 years ago

Jeez, I haven't even cracked a billion yet! Came close once but still haven't done it. Haven't made it to any of the Mr. Sinister modes or Krakamegasuarus either. I stink at pinball

#9909 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Jeez, I haven't even cracked a billion yet! Came close once but still haven't done it. Haven't made it to any of the Mr. Sinister modes or Krakamegasuarus either. I stink at pinball

If you want to progress, then you can safely ignore everything except defeating the three main battles. Get your teamups working on whichever battles are toughest for you. Sabretooth- Shoot the orbits a few times and he is done. Juggernaut can be beat the same way, just hit the dead/pool targets first to light the shots in red. Mystique shoot the center spinner then hit the now lit white shots and she gets beat. Getting wolverine can be particularly helpful here. You can use lil deadpool multiball to assist with the safety of the second ball bouncing around to hit some shots as well.

Once you get to the quests, those can both be beat pretty quickly if you are going for progression vs points.

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you want to progress, then you can safely ignore everything except defeating the three main battles. Get your teamups working on whichever battles are toughest for you. Sabretooth- Shoot the orbits a few times and he is done. Juggernaut can be beat the same way, just hit the dead/pool targets first to light the shots in red. Mystique shoot the center spinner then hit the now lit white shots and she gets beat. Getting wolverine can be particularly helpful here. You can use lil deadpool multiball to assist with the safety of the second ball bouncing around to hit some shots as well.
Once you get to the quests, those can both be beat pretty quickly if you are going for progression vs points.

I'm good at the first battles. Often I can take out all 3 on my first ball. Then I seem to just start sucking after that. If I'm lucky I can beat 1 or maybe 2 of the sauron team ups but I always seem to crumble under the pressure.

#9911 2 years ago

When you complete the 4 top rollovers shouldn't the 2x between the flippers light? I'm getting the points but no light.

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

When you complete the 4 top rollovers shouldn't the 2x between the flippers light? I'm getting the points but no light.

The multiplier inserts by the flippers are for playfield multipliers. Those come from snikt shots, weapons, etc. The top rollover lanes increase bonus x which is only displayed on the lcd.

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Rollovers increase your end of ball bonus multiplier. The one between the flippers is a playfield multiplier (ie: all shots are 2x scoring while lit)

#9914 2 years ago

Thanks Dude and Smack

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Thanks Dude and Smack

Wasn't that a 70's TV show?

#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm good at the first battles. Often I can take out all 3 on my first ball. Then I seem to just start sucking after that. If I'm lucky I can beat 1 or maybe 2 of the sauron team ups but I always seem to crumble under the pressure.

If you want to get to MegaKrak don't keep playing battles. Once you finish the first round of battles, play the quests. That qualifies MegaKrak. Trying to finish all six of the battles to get to Mr. Sinister: Clone first is harder...IMO.

#9917 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If you want to get to MegaKrak don't keep playing battles. Once you finish the first round of battles, play the quests. That qualifies MegaKrak. Trying to finish all six of the battles to get to Mr. Sinister: Clone first is harder...IMO.

That is usually my preferred way in, but sometimes I want see Clone, so I go in that way.

#9918 2 years ago

Just put a deposit down on a DP Premium, super bloody excited. I've been wanting one forever, but there rarely on the 2nd hand market.

What are the must have mods? The LE came with the great art blades, I can't seem to find any decent aftermarket art blades. Do most folk go mirror blades?

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Just put a deposit down on a DP Premium, super bloody excited. I've been wanting one forever, but there rarely on the 2nd hand market.
What are the must have mods? The LE came with the great art blades, I can't seem to find any decent aftermarket art blades. Do most folk go mirror blades?

PinWoofer and PDI glass are the top general mods IMO. They make any game sound and look better.

Also, install washers under a few of the ball guides to prevent them from scrapping off the clear and art.

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

PinWoofer and PDI glass are the top general mods IMO. They make any game sound and look better.
Also, install washers under a few of the ball guides to prevent them from scrapping off the clear and art.

pinwoofer is a really nice addition. Have it on mine and its sweet

#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

100% this. I think the new run of Prems (hopefully the next Pros too) have an adjusted Katana ramp ball guide to help prevent this but I would still put washers down as you'll see some of your clear come up as dust over time under the middle part of that guide.

I would also recommend washers under the left ramp. If that is secured too tightly it can chip the clear and paint at worst and again lift your clear along the metal edges over time.

Wolverine ball guide can also use some washers. The Katana ball guide is the most important one though.

As for cosmetics Mezel Mod has a Katana handle that looks braided which can be a nice touch. And for art blades Tilt Graphics has a decent set and there is also the Stern set, but I agree the LE ones look really nice. Oh and lube your spinners, you'll thank me later

#9922 2 years ago

damn this start button is killer in person. rocket city pinball did a amazing job on this. need one for elvira hoh and The Mandalorian premium

3ACF99E2-BB5E-4807-9948-EFAE39893588 (resized).jpeg3ACF99E2-BB5E-4807-9948-EFAE39893588 (resized).jpeg431D1C25-14D2-48FA-8E23-AFB279CABEEC (resized).jpeg431D1C25-14D2-48FA-8E23-AFB279CABEEC (resized).jpegE9D9E3B7-5997-4DA9-B4AD-D96B322878A3 (resized).jpegE9D9E3B7-5997-4DA9-B4AD-D96B322878A3 (resized).jpeg
#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I use PDI on all my pins. Easily the best mod.

What about mirror blades vs art blades on DP?

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I use PDI on all my pins. Easily the best mod.
What about mirror blades vs art blades on DP?

. I prefer mirror blades on all of my games. definitely brightens up the game

#9925 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

damn this start button is killer in person. rocket city pinball did a amazing job on this. need one for elvira hoh and The Mandalorian premium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your pics make this look so much better than their product images. It’s gorgeous.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

They should be paying you commission, just purchased based on those pics! Can’t wait.

On the topic of blades, I got the red sterns and love them, but I did change out the red leds with the comet kit. Afraid it would be way too red otherwise.

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Quoted from Grossp59:

They should be paying you commission, just purchased based on those pics! Can’t wait.
On the topic of blades, I got the red sterns and love them, but I did change out the red leds with the comet kit. Afraid it would be way too red otherwise.

Ha ha, I did the same thing!

#9928 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Your pics make this look so much better than their product images. It’s gorgeous.

Definitely helps that his are on the actual game instead of on my Game of Thrones! I'll be updating my site and shop with these as soon as I have a chance. Thank you to all, I appreciate it!

#9929 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Is that the standard red or metallic?

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Is that the standard red or metallic?

That's the standard. IMO that's the better of the two options for this button. I started with metallic thinking it'd be better, but the standard solid red really works well for this design, more comic-booky.

#9931 2 years ago

Yipppeede! One of the players at my Sunday comps owns a powdercoating business. So deadpool is getting the treatment. No hinges or coin door, purple trim coming for the backbox, but may use black too.

Resized_20210628_140733 (resized).jpgResized_20210628_140733 (resized).jpg

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yipppeede! One of the players at my Sunday comps owns a powdercoating business. So deadpool is getting the treatment. No hinges or coin door, purple trim coming for the backbox, but may use black too.
[quoted image]

Good friend to have right there! Don’t piss that friend off.

#9933 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good friend to have right there! Don’t piss that friend off.

Yeah, there's a business growth opportunity for him here and i'm happy to help him design a website and cards etc as well as let others know about it.

#9934 2 years ago

The colour has deepened overnight by the looks to where i thought it should be. I'm officially excited.

Resized_20210629_063928 (resized).jpegResized_20210629_063928 (resized).jpeg

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The colour has deepened overnight by the looks to where i thought it should be. I'm officially excited.

When are you going to put them on? Those look great, I can't wait to see it on your machine.

#9936 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

When are you going to put them on? Those look great, I can't wait to see it on your machine.

Kevin's a couple hours south of me. He comes for comp on Sundays now and then, so I'll get them next time he's here.

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

He may make an extra effort as i have a liter bottle of my homemade bourbon here for him that has been barrel aged for more than 10 years.

Said he's redoing the lockdown bar as he noticed a minor imperfection.

#9937 2 years ago

For those like me who refuse to pay $200 for a Stern Deadpool banner...Amazon has $17 DP beach towels...make an okay wall hanging or even a dust cover.

20210629_075214 (resized).jpg20210629_075214 (resized).jpg
#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

For those like me who refuse to pay $200 for a Stern Deadpool banner...Amazon has $17 DP beach towels...make an okay wall hanging or even a dust cover.
[quoted image]

That’s a cool looking towel

Just an FYI, You can get the banners from Zach meny for like 135 shipped. Still not cheap but better than the guy trying to sell them on here

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

[quoted image]

Cool! I use beach towels as covers all the time!

IMG_9439 (resized).JPGIMG_9439 (resized).JPG
#9940 2 years ago

I got my DP fleece blanket too.

20210530_175038 (resized).jpg20210530_175038 (resized).jpg
#9941 2 years ago

I had an amazing opportunity to interview George Gomez and Tanio Klyce earlier this week. The goal was to break down how they designed Deadpool from start to finish. It was a fantastic conversation and George dropped some really big news at the end. Feel free to check it out!

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 30: Deadpool Breakdown w/George Gomez & Tanio Klyce
Host: Joel Engelberth
Special Guests: Stern Pinball Chief Creative Officer, George Gomez, and Stern Pinball Senior Programmer, Tanio Klyce
Deadpool pinball from start to finish and everything in-between!
email: [email protected]
stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinballstream
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-intz7-107977f

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

and George dropped some really big news at the end

What a tease! Alright...got it downloaded and ready to listen on the way home!

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

What a tease! Alright...got it downloaded and ready to listen on the way home!

1:14ish if you can't wait... but obviously I'd suggest giving the entire thing a listen!

#9944 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

1:14ish if you can't wait... but obviously I'd suggest giving the entire thing a listen!

Whoa! Thank you for the point to go to! That was pretty cool news.

#9945 2 years ago

Awesome @joelbob, I too have a TMNT (we've chatted on ya stream) but yes the ability to choose challenges etc is awesome. I've my name down for a DP due next Feb22. Too far but the excitment is worth it, even more now! Great work on the interview.

#9946 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Nice interview! It was cool to hear a bit more in depth on the game itself. Many podcasts/interviews tend to focus on collective work/career timelines, so it was cool to get their takes on some of the more minute details on a specific game.

For those that haven't listened, George alludes to a "challenge" type mode possibly coming to Deadpool and maybe some other games. September time frame is also mentioned. It sounds like a similar deal to what JP, AIQ, TMNT, and Mando have with the mode being accessible from holding the flipper buttons (just like the DJ Mixer).

#9947 2 years ago

It happened. Deadpool has become my favorite game. It's been in my game room a couple of months, and I liked it from the start. However now it is elevated to being called my favorite game I currently own. That isn't a huge honor, lots of games have held that title over the years. And as everybody knows, it isn't permanent. AIQ made a decent effort at knocking it out of there, but failed. DP has that special something that just makes me want to play it. If I only have time to play a game or two, DP is the game I turn on now.

#9948 2 years ago

Im so excited for a challenge mode. My buddy has TMNT and JP and they add another fun thing to try and do. Awesome to see them stick in extra time to programming. Im guessing the fact that the latest runs they had of them sold out pretty much right away. Its a great game!

#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I had an amazing opportunity to interview George Gomez and Tanio Klyce earlier this week. The goal was to break down how they designed Deadpool from start to finish. It was a fantastic conversation and George dropped some really big news at the end. Feel free to check it out!
Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 30: Deadpool Breakdown w/George Gomez & Tanio Klyce
Special Guests: Stern Pinball Chief Creative Officer, George Gomez, and Stern Pinball Senior Programmer, Tanio Klyce

Great interview Joel. That was a fun and informative listen. Super cool to hear them break down many of the shots and how they evolved. Sounds like they had a lot of fun developing this title with a lot of leeway from Marvel to experiment.

Question for those here. How many people lube the katana ball guide as George was suggesting? He was mentioning WD-40 on a paper towel and wiping the guide down. First time I've heard that.

#9950 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Excellent interview that I really enjoyed! George Gomez is a legend and Deadpool is finally getting the recognition it deserves as an all-around excellent game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/199?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.