(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,181 posts
  • 729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Bundy
  • Topic is favorited by 364 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1180.JPG
Griff 2 (resized).jpg
Griff 1 (resized).jpg
Griff (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpg
CF75F83B-E802-4616-8382-8CB5B37E869E (resized).jpeg
85505D68-DB0A-4FA6-A18B-3E2BF7C87FB8 (resized).jpeg
8001C08B-D9ED-46B8-B7EB-6D4A8EB66983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210725_154227 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210725_154738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210725_151214 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.20.32 AM (resized).png
IMG_0354 (resized).JPG
IMG_E1142 (resized).JPG
IMG_E1138 (resized).JPG
1484C830-03B9-42B9-B310-280B8DF88841 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

38 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10181 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 204.
#9851 46 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any Deadpool owners here that also have a Tron? Looking for opinions or preferences.
I’ve been lusting for a DP Prem for some time now. I wasn’t able to find one so recently picked up a Tron instead. I love the soundtrack, the crazy fast gameplay and the overall mood it brings, but I’m not hitting the start button as much as I hoped… that may change once I start understanding the rules a little more however.
So those who have both, what’s your choice? Wondering whether I sell the Tron and put the $ towards a NIB Prem.

Funny, I sold my Tron Pro for a DP Pro. Zero regrets. Tron is certainly a fun game, but I find DP funner. Tron is pretty one-dimensional, which is fine, but not really for the money they command.

#9852 46 days ago

I am not sure if I had posted this here or not, but came in and noticed people asking the same question I had asked : pro vs prem.

I did play the pro a few times and enjoyed it a lot both times, great callouts and a great fun pinball experience... so I ordered a Premium because I love orbits that come back to the flippers either by ramp or just on the pf.

Looking forward to it!

#9853 46 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am not sure if I had posted this here or not, but came in and noticed people asking the same question I had asked : pro vs prem.
I did play the pro a few times and enjoyed it a lot both times, great callouts and a great fun pinball experience... so I ordered a Premium because I love orbits that come back to the flippers either by ramp or just on the pf.
Looking forward to it!

You'll be very happy with the Premium - DP is an absolute keeper!

#9854 46 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Looking forward to it!

Ive played all 3 and own the prem .Can’t go wrong bud ,it’s an all around powerhouse of a pin .Gomez was in the zone with this one .It’s so much damn fun .I don’t mind throwing $ into this one as when the last run is over I wouldn’t expect to see it available too often .

20BE22FB-F7AD-490F-8ACA-782A39E50971 (resized).jpeg2E27E82A-CF50-486D-97F5-2A20D9AFC077 (resized).png96B349B1-8E2A-4D1F-B2B2-2F120201AE23 (resized).pngB3B7BC26-D777-4FF7-8575-B9A5C27D36F1 (resized).jpeg
#9855 46 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any Deadpool owners here that also have a Tron? Looking for opinions or preferences.
I’ve been lusting for a DP Prem for some time now. I wasn’t able to find one so recently picked up a Tron instead. I love the soundtrack, the crazy fast gameplay and the overall mood it brings, but I’m not hitting the start button as much as I hoped… that may change once I start understanding the rules a little more however.
So those who have both, what’s your choice? Wondering whether I sell the Tron and put the $ towards a NIB Prem.

I have Tron LE, I don’t think I would go with Tron Pro if I ever got rid of the LE. Unless the Tron pro is all decked out, for me* the experience is really dull.

I have dp prem.

the games are totally different, Tron is amazing in its own right, but if you don’t LOVE the experience, dp is just more modern... the developers have 10 more years experience making pinball more fun with DP. Tron has held its own since its build from 2011 for sure, but the pros I’ve played and see anywhere we’re in horrible shape and unattractive in appearance and experience; home use and the addition of mods are what’s helped it stay on the pedestal to keep up with modern pins, dp included.

#9856 46 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've spent enough on my pro that i could have afforded a premium. Full Pinwoofer system, pinstadiums, speaker lights, topper, spotlights, sub, lighted flipper buttons the list goes on. It's my Harley of pinballs.

Same here - quite honestly I'd rather have my pro as it is than a new premium.

Oh and this is without a doubt the BEST machine for a Pinwoofer!

#9857 46 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ive played all 3 and own the prem .Can’t go wrong bud ,it’s an all around powerhouse of a pin .Gomez was in the zone with this one .It’s so much damn fun .I don’t mind throwing $ into this one as when the last run is over I wouldn’t expect to see it available too often .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since you don’t mind throwing money into your DP - get some anti-reflective glass on that puppy - stat! It should be in your top 3 mods for every game you buy (external sub & shaker being the first two).

#9858 46 days ago

Yeah good glass is a cheap, reversible in seconds and, well, invisible mod that will improve your experience no end.

Gotta put the pinwoofer in this week for sure, been putting it off for weeks.

dp10 (resized).jpg

#9859 45 days ago

Lookie what I got today!

PXL_20210617_192010438 (resized).jpgPXL_20210617_205229227.MP (resized).jpg
#9860 45 days ago

Always new callouts with this machine. There must be hundreds of them.
New one just then;

'You hit the superjackpot. Whaddya want from me?'

#9861 45 days ago

https://www.oxytech.com.au/colours/purple/dormant-purple

Capturep (resized).PNG

Thoughts on this for a pro? Will do purple T molding and leave door black. I like that it's a matte finish, complements the front side colour and the near to front side panels.

#9862 45 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Always new callouts with this machine. There must be hundreds of them.
New one just then;
'You hit the superjackpot. Whaddya want from me?'

One of my favourites is in Ninja Multiball when you hit the super jackpot and Deadpool starts singing, very poorly. I love it.

#9863 45 days ago

Got it twice, once was snikt, can't remember the second one, but it was one i had heard before. It was enough to get to hear him say 'Get a high score and you have to fill out paperwork' though.

#9864 45 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Since you don’t mind throwing money into your DP - get some anti-reflective glass on that puppy - stat! It should be in your top 3 mods for every game you buy (external sub & shaker being the first two).

Yea that’s next up .Does anyone do deals for 2 or more ?DP n IMDN are pretty much family now . Also is a shaker a high on list mod for this pin ? Lmao this hobby is so funny I want everything .Now I’m starting to see the laughter when I say “Ill be good with 5”.Wife’s been fine with everything as I pay with 2nd job $ but something tells me the kitchen and bedroom are off limits .

#9865 45 days ago

Yes, shaker down the track. Great when it goes Boom.

#9866 45 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, shaker down the track. Great when it goes Boom.

Hi Ho ,Hi Ho ,it’s off to work so go …..(whimpering whistling ensues)

#9867 45 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

something tells me the kitchen and bedroom are off limits .

Just don't play in the bedroom while your wife is sleeping. Or invest in some really high quality ear plugs for her. Maybe a sleeping mask if it is a Dwight Sullivan game as there will be a light show.

#9868 45 days ago
Quoted from Smack:

Just don't play in the bedroom while your wife is sleeping. Or invest in some really high quality ear plugs for her. Maybe a sleeping mask if it is a Dwight Sullivan game as there will be a light show.

lmao

#9869 45 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yea that’s next up .Does anyone do deals for 2 or more ?DP n IMDN are pretty much family now . Also is a shaker a high on list mod for this pin ? Lmao this hobby is so funny I want everything .Now I’m starting to see the laughter when I say “Ill be good with 5”.Wife’s been fine with everything as I pay with 2nd job $ but something tells me the kitchen and bedroom are off limits .

Cointaker gives a small discount if you buy 2 on the Voodoo glass. Shopping around is your best bet - PDI is generally considered the best, but it is really expensive and the differences aren’t enough to justify almost 2x the price. All the others - Strern HD, JJP Invisiglass and Cointaker’s Voodoo glass are mostly similar in terms of price/performance. Just grab the best deal - you’ll be amazed at the difference when you put it on your game!

#9870 45 days ago

Had requests for this one, so sharing it here now that it's done -- Rocket City Pinball's latest 3D Start Button, for your Deadpool pin!

DP_Red_RCP (resized).jpg

Red section can be in your choice of metallic red or standard red. I thought I'd like metallic red better, but surprisingly I like the standard red -- maybe it's the brighter comic-bookish color. The choice is yours though!

Reds_RCP (resized).jpg

DP_MetvsRed_RCP (resized).jpg

Can't wait to see some pics on the actual game instead of my Game of Thrones, lol.

Available here in my shop, on my website, or via my Facebook page.
Shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05171-3d-start-button-deadpool
Site: https://rocketcitypinball.com/
FB: https://facebook.com/RocketCityPinball

#9871 45 days ago

The music and call outs in this game are some of the best Stern has ever done I think. It says heaps when they bring out an awesome update, but change the music to one of the modes (katana-rama) and everyone screams out "noooo bring the old music back!"

I remember at the time I traded a LOTR LE for my Deadpool pro and was worried I'd made a mistake. Couldn't have been more wrong - LOTR was a superb machine yes, but DP is amazing - I'd never trade back!

#9872 45 days ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You mean people don’t read 200 pages of an owner’s thread before buying?

I did… but it took me almost a month of casual reading to get through it.

#9873 44 days ago

No comment on the purple? Guess if you can't say something nice....

#9874 44 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

No comment on the purple? Guess if you can't say something nice....

It might not look too bad. I know a few pages back there were comments/questions re: powdercoat with photo examples. I can't recall if an example of purple was on there. I think it could blend well with the cabinet art on the Pro.

Speaking of which I snapped this photo of my cab last night. I never really noticed this before. This is how I feel after a rough game.

IMG_20210617_210422.jpg
#9875 44 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Cointaker gives a small discount if you buy 2 on the Voodoo glass. Shopping around is your best bet - PDI is generally considered the best, but it is really expensive and the differences aren’t enough to justify almost 2x the price. All the others - Strern HD, JJP Invisiglass and Cointaker’s Voodoo glass are mostly similar in terms of price/performance. Just grab the best deal - you’ll be amazed at the difference when you put it on your game!

Agreed. Invisiglass is a must have!

#9876 44 days ago

Thanks, i believe i was a part of that conversation. I'll go back and revisit it.

#9877 44 days ago

Found it. I think my purple is darker, but similar.

pasted_image (resized).png

#9878 44 days ago

Polk 10” sub question

I have 2 yellow wires coming off the cab speaker. One has black stripe and the other a white. I assume white is positive?

Where position do you guys keep your low pass knob at? I have mine around 3 o’clock

This is the the first time I have an external sub. This game sounds great with it.

#9879 44 days ago

Does anyone make a custom modded plate for the boom button on the lockdown bar? Have to remove mine for the powder coating and wouldn't mind upgrading to something nicer.

#9880 44 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Polk 10” sub question
I have 2 yellow wires coming off the cab speaker. One has black stripe and the other a white. I assume white is positive?
Where position do you guys keep your low pass knob at? I have mine around 3 o’clock
This is the the first time I have an external sub. This game sounds great with it.

Connect it either way and if it's not pumping out bass, switch it.

#9881 44 days ago

Cheap drains from the katana ramp are driving me nuts!

#9882 44 days ago

A speaker will work regardless of polarity but it will work best if hooked up properly. If in doubt take a DC battery and connect to the two speaker leads. The speaker cone should pop out (not retract) if positive is to positive.. But usually black is negative.

#9883 44 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

A speaker will work regardless of polarity but it will work best if hooked up properly. If in doubt take a DC battery and connect to the two speaker leads. The speaker cone should pop out (not retract) if positive is to positive.. But usually black is negative.

Cool trick

#9884 43 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Polk 10” sub question

The Polk has a polarity toggle switch on the back also, so you can just connect the wires to the sub in whatever way and test by toggling the polarity switch to see which way sounds best. More bass = better.

#9885 43 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The Polk has a polarity toggle switch on the back also, so you can just connect the wires to the sub in whatever way and test by toggling the polarity switch to see which way sounds best. More bass = better.

Thanks I saw that phase switch. It’s a great sub.

#9886 43 days ago

As I hit 4000 games played on my Deadpool, decided to try ‘Lil Dinopool for a bit!

BD0FB4CB-5F3F-4764-BAE6-9AE589C341FA (resized).jpegEBF59526-D8D2-4E04-82D2-86EDDC383AFD (resized).jpeg
#9887 43 days ago

I like the Lil-Deadpool riding the unicorn version, but I was unable to find it on EBay. It's nice to have backups just in case the head comes off.

#9888 43 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Cheap drains from the katana ramp are driving me nuts!

Is it in the return portion? Play around with different pitches, it should return to the tip of left flipper.

#9889 43 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes, the metal washer was best in my case. Luckily the guide had just started digging into the clear and hadn’t cut into the art yet. Word of advice on the washers - use a 10-32 washer even though the shaft is 8-32. The shaft enlarges as it gets closer to the guide. I tried an 8-32 washer and it made the guide sit too high. The 10-32 was perfect as it cinched onto the upper part of the shaft as I tightened it down. The factory GnR post washers were the perfect fit ironically as they sucked on GnR.
[quoted image]

How do you get that guide off? Any photos of the screws you need to remove . I see one under the playfield near the front of the guide that is embedded in one of the boards, that needs to be removed?

#9890 43 days ago
Quoted from beefzap:

How do you get that guide off? Any photos of the screws you need to remove . I see one under the playfield near the front of the guide that is embedded in one of the boards, that needs to be removed?

The guide has a front and rear threaded shaft and a post on the backside that need to be removed. Additionally, you have to remove the Katana sword, the lower pop bumper cap and the plastic around that pop bumper in order to lift the guide out.

#9891 43 days ago

There’s a sticky somewhere in this thread with instructions (or it links to instructions).

You may be able to swivel the katana rather than fully remove it. It’s a tight squeeze and some playfields still need to completely remove the katana.

Depending on your nut driver, you may be able to get to the nut without removing the circuit board. In my case, I had to completely remove the board because it was slightly out of position.

It’s a pain but well worth it. With everything off or out of position, take the opportunity to wax that part of the playfield and install any mods

#9893 43 days ago

Cool. Thanks . New game , just installed playfield protector. Now the other preventive stuff

#9894 42 days ago

It turned out that my opto switch problem was fairly straightforward - opto switch simply went bad and replacing it stopped “ghost” triggers on vibration.

Here’s a question for you all if you were in my shoes: Let’s say you achieved a GC score over 4 billion on your second day of ownership. The opto appeared to be working normally a dozen or so games before that score, and you noticed ghost triggers a dozen or so games later. Would you reset your high scores and GC?

I already made my choice, but I’m curious what others would do

#9895 42 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

It turned out that my opto switch problem was fairly straightforward - opto switch simply went bad and replacing it stopped “ghost” triggers on vibration.
Here’s a question for you all if you were in my shoes: Let’s say you achieved a GC score over 4 billion on your second day of ownership. The opto appeared to be working normally a dozen or so games before that score, and you noticed ghost triggers a dozen or so games later. Would you reset your high scores and GC?

I would reset the scores if there's any doubt.

I'm over 4 Billion myself, but it took me longer than 2 days to get there...

#9896 41 days ago

Thinking about ordering a pro for the next run. Any word on when Stern will run again?

#9897 41 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I too would personally nuke the scores in that case. Start fresh knowing it's scoring properly now.

Quoted from livetowin:

Thinking about ordering a pro for the next run. Any word on when Stern will run again?

I believe it was mentioned a page up that late 2021 is the plan from those that talked to distros. Fall/Winter.

#9898 41 days ago
Quoted from livetowin:

I'm in the same boat, looking for a pro on the next run. Hearing late fall at the moment.

#9899 41 days ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I'm in the same boat, looking for a pro on the next run. Hearing late fall at the moment.

Automated services has pro’s and premiums in stock

#9900 41 days ago

I’ve had this intermittent issue on my Deadpool recently where the LED’s aren’t lighting up in the correct sequence. The biggest one that triggered the issue for me was that at the start of a ball the 5X would be flashing rather than the Ball Save Light.

I took a good run through the LED’s in test tonight and sure enough things are weird… I’ve attached a video of the weirdness in test but it starts with the left outlane, it should be lit, but it isn’t, the left inline is lit instead. Then everything is off by one light until the (D) in the Deadpool drops… then it falls out of order again… this goes on throughout all the lights.

I reinstalled all the firmware via USB but have not tried redoing the SD card. No errors in the diagnosis and no errors when testing the Node Board Bus.

Physical inspection isn’t showing anything really glaringly wrong.

When I play the game in this state the right switches trigger but the wrong lights light up.

Any thoughts? Anyone see this before with Spike2 games?

There are 10181 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 204.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside