(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 324.
#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

I've been checking with several distributors this week, I got the same answer from 4-5 of them. December/Jan is the next run.

Hoping this is the case. I've passed on the last two runs for weird reasons after having this game pretty high on my want list. Not passing again and have already pre-ordered a topper from the next run.

#9802 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hoping this is the case. I've passed on the last two runs for weird reasons after having this game pretty high on my want list. Not passing again and have already pre-ordered a topper from the next run.

I found that Automated has a few left (www.pinballs.com) but they were charging shipping...so for me in MN...$6250.00 shipped. No idea if the December run is final, License has been active for 3 years, no idea if that's the normal time-frame for Stern/Disney partnerships. So I've got one ordered as I didn't want to wait til December/January.

#9803 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

I found that Automated has a few left (www.pinballs.com) but they were charging shipping...so for me in MN...$6250.00 shipped. No idea if the December run is final, License has been active for 3 years, no idea if that's the normal time-frame for Stern/Disney partnerships. So I've got one ordered as I didn't want to wait til December/January.

Sounds awesome, but alas, I'm up in Canada and while our distributors are awesome, nothing in stock till the next run

#9804 2 years ago

Hello all.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on DP Premium. I just was playing one on location and the only thing that I didn't love was the U turn (Collossus) and the Wolverine spinner shot both were somewhat not smooth or difficult to hit, not sure if that was just the game that was not set up or if this is the way these shots are.

#9805 2 years ago

Collossus can be clunky with the occasional reject but it's a makeable shot. Wolverine is the major shot to kill the villains and it should be easily makeable and the spinner should rip for ages with a drop of oil.

#9806 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hello all.
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on DP Premium. I just was playing one on location and the only thing that I didn't love was the U turn (Collossus) and the Wolverine spinner shot both were somewhat not smooth or difficult to hit, not sure if that was just the game that was not set up or if this is the way these shots are.

If Wolverine is tough to hit I would take a look at the position of the Snikt target. Given this was on location it may have drifted north a little bit and could be covering more of that shot than it should. The right edge of that target faces the flippers and can take a beating.

I echo the rippage of the spinners. They absolutely fly with a little bit of oil and make for really enjoyable shots. If you play your cards right you can stack Berserker Rage with Disco Multiball for some good spinner points.

Colossus is a weird shot for sure but it is makeable. There are only a few times you actually need to make that shot, Sauron comes to mind, and it might be needed in some of the wizard modes.

#9807 2 years ago

Collosus can be clunky but when you nail it it’s like nutting a perfect golf shot in the sweet spot, feels like a marshmallow

#9808 2 years ago

Collossus is one of the holes in our Deadpool Pingolf comp, so you have to be able to hit it

#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

I found that Automated has a few left (www.pinballs.com) but they were charging shipping...so for me in MN...$6250.00 shipped.

There are no deals on deadpool. Don’t count on December, they are making mando’s till the end of the year. Deadpool Maybee shipping in February the soonest.
Don’t expect any new titles anytime soon, Deadpool’s still a seller, but will likely be vaulted soon.

#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

There are no deals on deadpool. Don’t count on December, they are making mando’s till the end of the year. Deadpool Maybee shipping in February the soonest.

Do you think their parts suppliers can provide 100% of the BOM for them to make it through the new year? There’s a reason they switch the line up every couple months.

#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you think their parts suppliers can provide 100% of the BOM for them to make it through the new year? There’s a reason they switch the line up every couple months.

My eyes bugged out a bit also. Sounds like orders for mando’s are crazy high. A 6+month run prolly hasn’t happened since tspp days.
Things have improved since then I’d imagine. There could be some issues w/ wood? Dunno
Edit: I mean getting wood. I hope we don’t see more price increases.

#9812 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Collossus is one of the holes in our Deadpool Pingolf comp, so you have to be able to hit it

Is that the entirety of the hole? Hit it once? Or do you qualify Colossus with 2 hits.

A hole to collect the Colossus Jackpot could be brutal

#9813 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is that the entirety of the hole? Hit it once? Or do you qualify Colossus with 2 hits.
A hole to collect the Colossus Jackpot could be brutal

No we are below average players. A good clunky reject where you here him speak will get you the nod here.

Collossus likes!

#9814 2 years ago

Advice on pro vs premium.

Drops vs stand ups?

Full orbit shot how big a deal is this???

Thanks

#9815 2 years ago

if you wanna keep money for something else, DP is more than enough & already very good in PRO

#9816 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

if you wanna keep money for something else, DP is more than enough & already very good in PRO

It’s not the cost I’m trying to find one in stock.

#9817 2 years ago

rai it really just boils down to the loop shot and cost. I prefer the drops at play, but it’s not a major thing. The loop shot is awesome and ultimately why I went premium.

#9818 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Advice on pro vs premium.
Drops vs stand ups?
Full orbit shot how big a deal is this???
Thanks

It's a big deal *to me*

You really need to play for yourself to confirm. But the left orbit shot is one of my favorites shots on the pin. Love how it goes all the way around on the premium/LE, very satisfying to hit repeatedly. You lose that on the pro with the ball dumping into the pops.

#9819 2 years ago

Excited to have just joined the club with a premium! PF is a bit dark for me so recycling an old set of Pinstadiums. Any suggestions on the best flasher to attach them to?

#9820 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to have just joined the club with a premium! PF is a bit dark for me so recycling an old set of Pinstadiums. Any suggestions on the best flasher to attach them to?

In attached mine to the center spinner

#9821 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a big deal *to me*
You really need to play for yourself to confirm. But the left orbit shot is one of my favorites shots on the pin. Love how it goes all the way around on the premium/LE, very satisfying to hit repeatedly. You lose that on the pro with the ball dumping into the pops.

Noticed on the pro today the ball was falling back into the shooter lane from the PF at the R orbit, does this happen on the premium too?

#9822 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Noticed on the pro today the ball was falling back into the shooter lane from the PF at the R orbit, does this happen on the premium too?

Right orbit on the pro will usually loop all the way around to the left flipper. There is a gate at the top of the playfield that prevents this in some scenarios... like you have to keep the leftt flipper pressed during ball launch for "Secret Skill Shot".

#9823 2 years ago

I have a recent build DP Prem. The Katana entrance guide rail has been altered to not touch the playfield for the first 1/4 inch or so. But unfortunately it still looks like it needs a washer. I assume I’ll have to pull the Katana lock off in order to lift this guide off to get a washer under it?

A0D374D2-640E-4416-9BC7-2061EB931F97 (resized).jpegA0D374D2-640E-4416-9BC7-2061EB931F97 (resized).jpeg

#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:I have a recent build DP Prem. The Katana entrance guide rail has been altered to not touch the playfield for the first 1/4 inch or so. But unfortunately it still looks like it needs a washer. I assume I’ll have to pull the Katana lock off in order to lift this guide off to get a washer under it?
[quoted image]

If you want to use a metal washer, yes. If you use a cliffy or a plastic/carbon washer that you can cut and slide on then no

#9825 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I have my flasher line connected to the shaker motor - pretty incredible light show!

#9826 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

A good clunky reject where you here him speak will get you the nod here.
Collossus likes!

Lol. Words to live by.

#9827 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, it does fall back into the shooter lane on the premium (only if you don’t hit the left orbit first)

The fun thing about it falling back into the shooter lane (only when the ball save is not active) is that if you immediately hold the left flipper button down, before the auto-plunge fires. You re-qualify the Super Secret Skill Shot!

So it’s fun to keep an eye on the shooter lane ball re-entry. and nail the skill shot over and over again. I think it’s a really cool idea (from a odd shooter lane ball re-entry flaw) sort of speak.

#9828 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you want to use a metal washer, yes. If you use a cliffy or a plastic/carbon washer that you can cut and slide on then no

Yes, the metal washer was best in my case. Luckily the guide had just started digging into the clear and hadn’t cut into the art yet. Word of advice on the washers - use a 10-32 washer even though the shaft is 8-32. The shaft enlarges as it gets closer to the guide. I tried an 8-32 washer and it made the guide sit too high. The 10-32 was perfect as it cinched onto the upper part of the shaft as I tightened it down. The factory GnR post washers were the perfect fit ironically as they sucked on GnR.

8EE447AF-CA36-4D59-8E52-3ED657F955AB (resized).jpeg8EE447AF-CA36-4D59-8E52-3ED657F955AB (resized).jpeg

#9829 2 years ago
IMG_0792 (resized).JPGIMG_0792 (resized).JPG
#9830 2 years ago

I apologize in advance, I'm guessing my question has been asked and answered before in some post or other (but if so, please NICELY point me to where, thanks!)...since there's 197 pages and counting on this post it's pretty impossible to read through them all. My dealer is getting more Pros in Sept and more Premiums in November. I've been mostly a Prem (or even occasionally LE) guy in my past, but I am certainly not opposed to Pros in some instances. Looking for honest opinions if the Premium has enough added to justify the price / 2 months extra wait. Thanks to all.

#9831 2 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

Looking for honest opinions if the Premium has enough added to justify the price / 2 months extra wait. Thanks to all.

Full disclosure, I own a Pro but previous to buying the only experience I had on DP was on the Premium.

If money is not a concern and you can wait the extra month or so, go for the Premium. If you wanna save a few bucks and still have an awesome game you can't go wrong with the Pro. Both are great games, I don't think you can go wrong.

Biggest differences:
* Drop down ramp on Prem: This is the biggest game play difference. This ramp allows for the Disco Loops mode absent on the Pro. The safe return via the drop down ramp to your right flipper feels great
* D-E-A-D P-O-O-L targets: standup (Pro) vs drop (Prem). The stand ups play fast
* Disco Ball: No disco ball on the Pro but there are mods. Mods don't seem to do this justice though
* Figurines: flat plastics on the pro vs 3d molds on the Prem. Some Prem/LE owners seem to miss the DP in a hammock but you have those in the goodie bag, however it may interfere with the Disco ball.

#9832 2 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

I apologize in advance, I'm guessing my question has been asked and answered before in some post or other (but if so, please NICELY point me to where, thanks!)...since there's 197 pages and counting on this post it's pretty impossible to read through them all. My dealer is getting more Pros in Sept and more Premiums in November. I've been mostly a Prem (or even occasionally LE) guy in my past, but I am certainly not opposed to Pros in some instances. Looking for honest opinions if the Premium has enough added to justify the price / 2 months extra wait. Thanks to all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/194#post-6309844

#9833 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Full disclosure, I own a Pro but previous to buying the only experience I had on DP was on the Premium.
If money is not a concern and you can wait the extra month or so, go for the Premium. If you wanna save a few bucks and still have an awesome game you can't go wrong with the Pro. Both are great games, I don't think you can go wrong.
Biggest differences:
* Drop down ramp on Prem: This is the biggest game play difference. This ramp allows for the Disco Loops mode absent on the Pro. The safe return via the drop down ramp to your right flipper feels great
* D-E-A-D P-O-O-L targets: standup (Pro) vs drop (Prem). The stand ups play fast
* Disco Ball: No disco ball on the Pro but there are mods. Mods don't seem to do this justice though
* Figurines: flat plastics on the pro vs 3d molds on the Prem. Some Prem/LE owners seem to miss the DP in a hammock but you have those in the goodie bag, however it may interfere with the Disco ball.

Basically this. The pro is great. The premium is great+

If the extra wait and money don't bother you - go for it. I absolutely love looping the orbit shot on my premium and am glad I made the choice I did. (Though there was less of a difference in wait time to be honest.)

#9834 2 years ago

i had a LE home for 1 month, and i've played a PRO on exploitation, same fun, and no big diff for me

#9835 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes, the metal washer was best in my case. Luckily the guide had just started digging into the clear and hadn’t cut into the art yet. Word of advice on the washers - use a 10-32 washer even though the shaft is 8-32. The shaft enlarges as it gets closer to the guide. I tried an 8-32 washer and it made the guide sit too high. The 10-32 was perfect as it cinched onto the upper part of the shaft as I tightened it down. The factory GnR post washers were the perfect fit ironically as they sucked on GnR.
[quoted image]

Where do you pick up a plastic or carbon washer of that size? Looked at PinballLife and did not find anything...

#9836 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Where do you pick up a plastic or carbon washer of that size? Looked at PinballLife and did not find anything...

I used a metal washer:

https://www.pinballlife.com/6-8-10-washers.html

#9837 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Home Depot, Fastenal, Ace Hardware, True Value...

#9838 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Home Depot, Fastenal, Ace Hardware, True Value...

Ha OK thanks - the idea of pinball machine parts at an actual hardware store is clearly very foreign to me. Don’t tell me I can get coils there as well...

#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

Another pro owner here chiming in. I wanted a premium but at the time I was ready to purchase they were not on the line at Stern and couldn't find one (new or used) for sale anywhere near me. I am completely happy with the pro, and the only way it is leaving is if I have a premium lined up to take it's spot. Looks like you have a pretty awesome collection so waiting a couple more months for the premium would be my choice. Play the hell out of the others while you wait because once Deadpool shows up you are gonna be putting some serious time on it!

#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

You wouldn't have to read 197 pages to read some of that feedback, the question was actually asked on this page just above yours... (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/197#post-6332580)

Both are great games, I like drop down targets, 8 more drop's on the premium, the lift ramp and the "real" disco ball and mode are all great additions to the Premium, on this game I prefer the Prem/LE. I don't think the time or money would change my mind on that... unless you've got the money to buy both and sell the Pro when the Premium arrives and by the looks of your collection and what has moved through your hands, I'm guessing that could actually be an option for you.

#9841 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Ha OK thanks - the idea of pinball machine parts at an actual hardware store is clearly very foreign to me. Don’t tell me I can get coils there as well...

Haha, No - coils aren't available there... I don't think , but they all should have some hardware options available.

#9842 2 years ago

Personally, I didn't think the premium warranted the extra money. The disco ball is cool, but lets be honest, its not often you are in that anyways unless you purposely shoot for it. For me personally, the only reason for the premium was the lift ramp/return to the flipper, but I couldn't really justify the extra price just for that. Drops vs standups is personal preference. Normally I like drops, but on deadpool I like the standups. So all in all, it was a pro for me. VERY happy with the pro on this title.

#9843 2 years ago

Another difference is that premium has 2 disco modes (disco loops, disco multiball) whereas pro has just the disco multiball. As much as I like hitting that left outlane spinner, if I had to do it over again I would give more consideration for the pro based on cost difference vs what you get. I don't know, though, as loops does add an element to the game play. I think you will enjoy either version TBH.

#9844 2 years ago

I will just say the aftermarket disco ball for pros is absolute garbage and I do not recommend, so if you're really dead set on having a disco ball in your game for whatever reason, just get a premium

#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Personally, I didn't think the premium warranted the extra money. The disco ball is cool, but lets be honest, its not often you are in that anyways unless you purposely shoot for it. For me personally, the only reason for the premium was the lift ramp/return to the flipper, but I couldn't really justify the extra price just for that. Drops vs standups is personal preference. Normally I like drops, but on deadpool I like the standups. So all in all, it was a pro for me. VERY happy with the pro on this title.

Exact same reason I went with a pro. If I could get a PREM for near Pro price, then sure, I would upgrade, but the differences didn't justify the cost for me either.

#9846 2 years ago

I've spent enough on my pro that i could have afforded a premium. Full Pinwoofer system, pinstadiums, speaker lights, topper, spotlights, sub, lighted flipper buttons the list goes on. It's my Harley of pinballs.

#9847 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Loved the pro. It’s good but not as good as the prem/le. The loop back to the katana alone makes it flow so much better. Not sure it’s worth it 2k more but does make it better. I had a pro for years and upgraded to an LE but I knew it was a keeper. Really can’t go wrong with any model

#9848 2 years ago

You mean people don’t read 200 pages of an owner’s thread before buying?

#9849 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You mean people don’t read 200 pages of an owner’s thread before buying?

No, they don't use the search thread function. I'm regularly guilty.

#9850 2 years ago

Any Deadpool owners here that also have a Tron? Looking for opinions or preferences.

I’ve been lusting for a DP Prem for some time now. I wasn’t able to find one so recently picked up a Tron instead. I love the soundtrack, the crazy fast gameplay and the overall mood it brings, but I’m not hitting the start button as much as I hoped… that may change once I start understanding the rules a little more however.

So those who have both, what’s your choice? Wondering whether I sell the Tron and put the $ towards a NIB Prem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 210.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/197?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.