(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,893 posts
  • 709 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by beefzap
  • Topic is favorited by 347 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBF59526-D8D2-4E04-82D2-86EDDC383AFD (resized).jpeg
BD0FB4CB-5F3F-4764-BAE6-9AE589C341FA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20210617_210422.jpg
DP_MetvsRed_RCP (resized).jpg
Reds_RCP (resized).jpg
DP_Red_RCP (resized).jpg
Capturep (resized).PNG
PXL_20210617_205229227.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20210617_192010438 (resized).jpg
dp10 (resized).jpg
2E27E82A-CF50-486D-97F5-2A20D9AFC077 (resized).png
96B349B1-8E2A-4D1F-B2B2-2F120201AE23 (resized).png
B3B7BC26-D777-4FF7-8575-B9A5C27D36F1 (resized).jpeg
20BE22FB-F7AD-490F-8ACA-782A39E50971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0792 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

38 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9893 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 198.
#9751 15 days ago

It’s been 20+ years since I played that game. But i did say ‘most’ other games.

#9752 15 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t get the repetitive argument of only 3 battles. Unlike most pin modes; with booms, teamups, disco, berserker, the modes/shots on Deadpool can be different each time you play. Battles can be over in just a couple shots, or 10 shots depending how you play it. Then add in the 2nd level battles which expand it even more. Most pins are the same shots and same # of shots.

You play them a lot. While there are definitely different strategies for them the presentation doesn’t change. i love the music in the game but I don’t love the music in the battles. I wish there was more variety to the soundtrack/presentation of them. Like if there were 10 songs/environments for the battles and you could randomly get one regardless of who you’re battling it would feel fresher every time. It’s not a dealbreaker but it’s just my opinion.

#9753 15 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s been 20+ years since I played that game. But i did say ‘most’ other games.

I was agreeing with you, just cited PM as a case in point.

Game drove me mental when it was here, pity as different rules would have made it a fantastic game.

#9754 15 days ago

You guys are killing Me.

Back is kinda screwed up right now or I would unbox tonight!!!

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

#9755 15 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

You guys are killing Me.
Back is kinda screwed up right now or I would unbox tonight!!!
Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

You bloody well should.

Munsters on rental only lasted a month here. The game is great on location, but the code lets it down for me for home use. What's the point of winning 4 free games on your first ball at home? Rather jackpots or extra balls.

#9756 15 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd have sore knees if i mounted my cupholders there. I move way to much.

I do this so I can squeeze my fatness between games. In retrospect, I prefer the way it looks and using it this way. I don’t stand close to my games while playing otherwise I don’t have leverage to nudge. You can always tell when I have good games as the ergo mat is 3 ft away from the legs lol

#9757 15 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

FINALLY I’m OFFICIALLY a member. It’s gonna be a good nite! Lol I’ve got a whole box of upgrades to install, hopefully I’ll get through it all this weekend.
[quoted image]

I love upgrading/Modding, but usually play a week or two "Stock" and then start in with the upgrades. Gives me a better feel for the game and how the mods change it, etc.

Have Fun!!!

#9758 15 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Easiest way to beat any villain and primarily Mystique is to bring Wolverine with you, his 2x damage makes short work of everyone, it's just extra convenient with Mystique as her first shot activates the Team Up... if you want to score more points though the other 3 will do you better with Colossus for 2x and Domino for increased scoring.

roar, Just to clarify, to bring one of the team-up's into a battle, is it the first shot you hit brings that hero in? Meaning first shot to left orbit brings Dazzler in, or first to center spinner brings Wolverine? Or are all who are qualified brought into any battle? Hard to play and see the screen at the same time. Thanks, Dave

#9759 15 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Same with JP; I kept shooting the damn green arrow and nothing happened except shooting darts on the dinosaur. Oh...you mean I have to shoot other shots to make the green dinosaur arrow turn yellow/green then I can shoot and capture.

Hahaha I did this exact thing with JP!! What a different game knowing you don't shoot the Green arrow all the time!

#9760 15 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

roar, Just to clarify, to bring one of the team-up's into a battle, is it the first shot you hit brings that hero in? Meaning first shot to left orbit brings Dazzler in, or first to center spinner brings Wolverine? Or are all who are qualified brought into any battle? Hard to play and see the screen at the same time. Thanks, Dave

Have to qualify, you can bring in all 4 if they're setup, makes for a quick.. high scoring battle

#9761 15 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Quoted from northerndude:

Have to qualify, you can bring in all 4 if they're setup, makes for a quick.. high scoring battle

I think the answer you're looking for is:

In order to activate team-ups, it takes two shots to qualify each teammate. There are small icons on the screen for each of your teammates and as you hit their shots, the associated health meter increases. Once full, there's a short animation indicating you've got them ready to go.

After you've teamed-up, it takes one additional shot to qualify that team member for future battles.

Here's the rule sheet from Tilt Forums:

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

EDIT: Did I use the word "team" enough? Sheesh.

#9762 15 days ago

What is the difference in the 3 version of Deadpool?

#9764 15 days ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

What is the difference in the 3 version of Deadpool?

Pro $6200
Premium $7800
LE $9000 but it is sold out

suggested retail price

#9765 14 days ago

yes, but anyway its always the same following modes game after game, i still really love that pin

#9766 14 days ago

If anyone is looking to hit more snikt shots, last night I adjusted my target per Key Post #1081. Remove the top screw holding the bracket and loosen the bottom one. Turn the target so it is aiming more towards the flippers. Make sure it is not coming in contact with the pop bumper, mine wasn’t even though I turned it to it’s max.

There is enough room to put the screw back in without damaging the existing, stock hole. I did not drill a pilot hole but did gently use my drill screwdriver the last couple of turns as it was tough to turn at the end. Very easy modification and if you don’t like it you can simply turn the bracket back to its original position.

I played a couple games and was able to get 8 snikts in one game which is unheard of for me. I don’t look at this as cheating since it’s only a score enhancer and doesn’t help with game play progression. Plus it’s only me and my kids lol.

#9767 14 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If anyone is looking to hit more snikt shots, last night I adjusted my target per Key Post #1081. Remove the top screw holding the bracket and loosen the bottom one. Turn the target so it is aiming more towards the flippers. Make sure it is not coming in contact with the pop bumper, mine wasn’t even though I turned it to it’s max.
There is enough room to put the screw back in without damaging the existing, stock hole. I did not drill a pilot hole but did gently use my drill screwdriver the last couple of turns as it was tough to turn at the end. Very easy modification and if you don’t like it you can simply turn the bracket back to its original position.
I played a couple games and was able to get 8 snikts in one game which is unheard of for me. I don’t look at this as cheating since it’s only a score enhancer and doesn’t help with game play progression. Plus it’s only me and my kids lol.

Thanks, were you getting a bunch of random snikts after this?

#9768 14 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks, were you getting a bunch of random snikts after this?

I wouldn’t say random as I always aim for the snikt when hitting it up the middle, I just would always get the spinner instead. Maybe before it was just glancing off the snikt and going through the spinner where now it’s deflecting up the ramp.

#9769 14 days ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I think the answer you're looking for is:
In order to activate team-ups, it takes two shots to qualify each teammate. There are small icons on the screen for each of your teammates and as you hit their shots, the associated health meter increases. Once full, there's a short animation indicating you've got them ready to go.
After you've teamed-up, it takes one additional shot to qualify that team member for future battles.
Here's the rule sheet from Tilt Forums:
http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311
EDIT: Did I use the word "team" enough? Sheesh.

I'll throw a little add on to this... once you've started a battle you can only team-up with the teammates who were qualified BEFORE the battle started, subsequent shots to the teammates while a battle is ongoing will do nothing until the battle has ended. I almost always put two shots into Wolverine before I do much else on the game so I know I'll have him available to me. If I hit the scope by accident prior to getting him activated I'll usually play Sabretooth cause he's the easiest for me... I do know you can skip a battle, but I find the shots a little too dangerous to do that just so I can get Wolverine into my battle.

#9770 14 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

You bloody well should.
Munsters on rental only lasted a month here. The game is great on location, but the code lets it down for me for home use. What's the point of winning 4 free games on your first ball at home? Rather jackpots or extra balls.

Hey man, take all complaints of Munsters to where they belong: the Mandalorian forums

#9771 14 days ago

Balls coming out of my left orbit (Dazzler lane) are most often grazing and triggering my left sling rather than landing on my left flipper, making super skill shots impossible. Ball trajectory is only off by a hair.

This happens regardless whether my pitch is at 7 degrees or 6 degrees. Machine is perfectly level at 0.00 on my digital leveler (which I calibrated like a OCD mad man).

Any suggestions for a fix? Reduce sling sensitivity? Slightly bend the ball guide? Add Mylar at the end of the guide to change ball trajectory?

#9772 14 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Any suggestions for a fix? Reduce sling sensitivity? Slightly bend the ball guide?

I haven’t looked at the guide on my DP, but that’s where I’d go. I’d loosen it, move it as much as possible, then tighten it. If that wasn’t it, bending a bit would be next. It only takes a tiny bit to change the trajectory. And it shouldn’t hit the sling like that.

#9773 14 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I haven’t looked at the guide on my DP, but that’s where I’d go. I’d loosen it, move it as much as possible, then tighten it. If that wasn’t it, bending a bit would be next. It only takes a tiny bit to change the trajectory. And it shouldn’t hit the sling like that.

This is exactly what needs to be done.

#9774 14 days ago
Quoted from sepins:

I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.
I have never played the game and not sure I wanted to open it and then looked and saw it's rated #6 in top Pinside 100.
Is the game that good???
It's sitting in the one hole I could open it and put it in.
One problem...Mandolorian LE is coming in about 10-15 days.
Can store 2 in the hole or open one...UGGHHH!!!

Time to take out the "trash" my friend. Can't own them all, can't own them all...

#9775 13 days ago

Is a pro playfield (itself, unpopulated) the same as a premium? The only area that I can think of being different is maybe the drop target areas. Or are they the same?

#9776 13 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is a pro playfield (itself, unpopulated) the same as a premium? The only area that I can think of being different is maybe the drop target areas. Or are they the same?

No it is not. The right loop mech requires extra holes. I think the switch placement might be different too in the shooter lane.

#9777 13 days ago

Hi, I’m looking for some insight on a lighting issue for the 4 BAM! lights on those upper rollover lanes. I’ve recently had issues on my DP Pro where sometimes multiple lights will light at the same time up there instead of the intended single light per BAM! letter that you can select with flipper buttons before the plunge. It’s an intermittent issue. Sometimes the proper single light will light-up and change properly from letter to letter. Other times it may light 2 or 3 at once, randomly. Thx for any advice!

#9778 13 days ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi, I’m looking for some insight on a lighting issue for the 4 BAM! lights on those upper rollover lanes. I’ve recently had issues on my DP Pro where sometimes multiple lights will light at the same time up there instead of the intended single light per BAM! letter that you can select with flipper buttons before the plunge. It’s an intermittent issue. Sometimes the proper single light will light-up and change properly from letter to letter. Other times it may light 2 or 3 at once, randomly. Thx for any advice!

I've been told by a location operator that the issue for him was just a lose connector on the board.

#9779 13 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've been told by a location operator that the issue for him was just a lose connector on the board.

Thx! I’ll check that out

#9780 13 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hey man, take all complaints of Munsters to where they belong: the Mandalorian forums

Funny I haven't played my Munsters LE very much.

After reading posts I decided to play it with intentions of getting rid of it.

Opposite happened and enjoyed it. Now really stuck on what to get rid of.

This addiction is worse then heroine!!!

#9781 13 days ago

I'm a sucker for that left ramp, is it raven? Just have to shoot it over and over.

#9782 13 days ago

One of my switches just began triggering off vibrations from the flippers. Whatever the switch is, it adds 30 points, makes a sound like the katana sheathing, and triggers off both flippers. It may be lighting the right katana diamond.

Any idea which switch that might be?

#9783 13 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

One of my switches just began triggering off vibrations from the flippers. Whatever the switch is, it adds 30 points, makes a sound like the katana sheathing, and triggers off both flippers. It may be lighting the right katana diamond.
Any idea which switch that might be?

Found it in the switch test, it’s the right katana opto. Heh, how does an opto get adjusted to fix triggering off vibrations?

#9784 13 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Found it in the switch test, it’s the right katana opto. Heh, how does an opto get adjusted to fix triggering off vibrations?

Make sure it's mounted tight and that the connection is good on the wiring.

#9785 12 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Adjust the opto receiver. If it's off just a bit it will trigger like a ball passed. I don't know why Stern went to this design as the receiver can pivot-there is no guiding pin
Only one locking nut. This is what was wrong with my EHOH cellar.
BTW- I purchased a DP pro from GAP and it's on it's way. I wanted a premium but Stern schedule is now December.

#9786 12 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Adjust the opto receiver. If it's off just a bit it will trigger like a ball passed. I don't know why Stern went to this design as the receiver can pivot-there is no guiding pin
Only one locking nut. This is what was wrong with my EHOH cellar.
BTW- I purchased a DP pro from GAP and it's on it's way. I wanted a premium but Stern schedule is now December.

Tell me more about your EHOH issue and how you fixed it please. I am getting free house shots constantly. I’ll shoot the house to finish the mode, it will finish mode and start and finish trailer trash. Also hear the sound played when ball enters the house when the ball is no where near the house

#9787 12 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Tell me more about your EHOH issue and how you fixed it please. I am getting free house shots constantly. I’ll shoot the house to finish the mode, it will finish mode and start and finish trailer trash. Also hear the sound played when ball enters the house when the ball is no where near the house

My issue was the game had multiple back door shots registering and the ramp would open and close. It sounds like in your case the "ball entering ramp" opto is out of whack. Just loosen and reposition opto receiver should do it. Remove the 3 top screws and 4 or so bottom screws to remove the house .
And I apologize for using this thread in advance.

#9788 12 days ago

Big shout out to Pinwoofer. The sound quality is fantastic and the ability to dial-in settings is so very needed for this pin to realize it's potential. I added the line trimmer to connect an external sub which really accentuates the BOOMs. Between the soundtrack and the sub, my wife thought the neighbors were holding a party the first time I fired up Deadpool

#9789 10 days ago

My Deadpool is getting some good use. I'm looking to order spare parts to have on hand......beyond coil stops, any recommendations for must have Stern spare parts?

Appreciate any guidance.

#9790 10 days ago

Besides the normal rubber rings I've only had one coil stop switch go bad, one node board, one diode go bad on the Stern's I've owned the last 5 years. Node board's are too expensive to stock. If something goes bad and not too expensive I usually buy 2 as the Marco mailing fee is about $10.
Oh yeah, you might get a few flipper return springs as the ends snap off and a few fuses.

#9791 10 days ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

My Deadpool is getting some good use. I'm looking to order spare parts to have on hand......beyond coil stops, any recommendations for must have Stern spare parts?
Appreciate any guidance.

Post sleeves in particular for Lil Deadpool. I previously had Perfect Play on mine but they got shredded pretty quickly. Switched to Super Bands and aside from a cleaning they are holding up really well.

Coil sleeves for the flippers will be handy and they are cheap.

None of those are Stern specific but are what I have replaced, along with coil stops, since owning and putting a ton of games on Deadpool.

#9792 10 days ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Before I get flamed I've done a lot of searching and reading.
Looking to purchase DP.
PRO or Premium?</blockqu

Post sleeves in particular for Lil Deadpool. I previously had Perfect Play on mine but they got shredded pretty quickly. Switched to Super Bands and aside from a cleaning they are holding up really well.

I will echo the comment on post sleeves. Definitely have backups of those. They wear quickly. I traded out the slim post sleeves on Lil DP with standard to see if it would help with some STDM drains I was having (not convinced it does, BTW) but I will continue to use standard size because those 2 posts take a huge beating.

#9793 10 days ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Appreciate any guidance.

Don't forget to change the balls every 500-1000 plays and keep playfield cleaned.

#9794 10 days ago

I have had a premium for about a month. First, I love it. So lets get that out of the way. But I do feel the domino/right orbit shot is clunky. Generally its loud and not smooth. Looking at the shot and the gap between the orbit and the katana and all that stuff I can understand why, but want to make sure that I don’t have some tweaking to do to make it silky smooth. Every once in a while I hit it clean. Maybe I just need to play better. Any advice is appreciated.

#9795 10 days ago

They are all like that.

#9796 10 days ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have had a premium for about a month. First, I love it. So lets get that out of the way. But I do feel the domino/right orbit shot is clunky. Generally its loud and not smooth. Looking at the shot and the gap between the orbit and the katana and all that stuff I can understand why, but want to make sure that I don’t have some tweaking to do to make it silky smooth. Every once in a while I hit it clean. Maybe I just need to play better. Any advice is appreciated.

Do you have a shaker? I find that the shaker makes that shot feel awesome because it feels like the chimi truck is reving it’s engine. It’s smooth in a different way, it almost feels like it pauses in the chimi truck for a fraction of a second before accelerating around the corner

#9797 9 days ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Check the back-right corner of the loop. There’s a guide there that looks like a fork. It should lay flat against the right playfield wall. If it’s sticking out/curving away from the wall, remove the guide and very slightly bend the fork so it’ll stay flat along the wall.

#9798 9 days ago

Does anyone know when next run of pros is happening? Is it last call for this soon?

#9799 9 days ago

I've been checking with several distributors this week, I got the same answer from 4-5 of them. December/Jan is the next run.

#9800 9 days ago
Quoted from Boscoe64:

I've been checking with several distributors this week, I got the same answer from 4-5 of them. December/Jan is the next run.

Thanks, did they mention if it is last call or another run later down the line again?

There are 9893 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside