(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 324.
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

So I poked around at the boards and connectors looking for loose wires but didn't see anything but when I put it back down everything was working fine. Seems like I have a loose connection somewhere. I am sure it will happen again eventually and maybe I can pin down what is loose.
Still have no idea how to troubleshoot a Spike 2 system but it is working for now.

Fairly common issue with this game and spike2. About once or twice a year you have to reseat connections on those node boards below the inserts.

#9702 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fairly common issue with this game and spike2. About once or twice a year you have to reseat connections on those node boards below the inserts.

Thanks, I was so used to troubleshooting lamp matrixes I thought it was that and then remembered this doesn't have that and was at a loss.

#9703 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

il est facile le DP

1,5B and played (badly) mr sinister.

The diffculty of this game reminds me Met. It is abordable for average player like me.

Edit: approachable in english! Lol

#9704 2 years ago

Well done, never heard that word spoken or seem it written. Thought it was gibberish until i googled that shit.

#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well done, never heard that word spoken or seem it written. Thought it was gibberish until i googled that shit.

Is the word in question English?

#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry. I meant approachable.

#9708 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry. I meant approachable.

Don't be sorry, i like to learn new words. And the meaning is the same.

Capturem (resized).PNGCapturem (resized).PNG

#9709 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

1,5B and played (badly) mr sinister.
The diffculty of this game reminds me Met. It is abordable for average player like me.
Edit: approachable in english! Lol

Haha... I thought they misspelled adorable...

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't be sorry, i like to learn new words. And the meaning is the same.
[quoted image]

Well you’re only partly correct. It’s not just a French origin—it IS French! It does not exist in the English language.

#9711 2 years ago

I was playing earlier and did something that surprised the shit out of me .It was very early on the first ball before any battles .I’m pretty sure I locked 3 ninjas all via the Snikt shot.Literally went into multi ball and during it at some point I glanced at my score was 250 mil already maybe 2-3 minutes into the game .All factory settings .Any help on what happened my brain hasn’t slowed down yet to remember stuff like this lmao .

#9712 2 years ago

Not that i’ll ever do it again .

#9713 2 years ago

If all 3 were via Snikt - each one is 1x playfield multiplier. So when multiball started, you were at 4x multiplier on everything.

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Well you’re only partly correct. It’s not just a French origin—it IS French! It does not exist in the English language.

Exactly the same as what i said. Never said it had anything to do with English language and the link i linked to was a translation from French to English.

But you correct away and you be you.

#9715 2 years ago

Anyone know where you can get side rails like the LEs? Those angular rails are so much nicer than the round lollipop rails.

#9716 2 years ago

DIY color inserts on my pro, from 2x up through Sauron under $10 on Amazon.

SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PY7NBST

BF5CB210-4AD8-4D91-83F0-40FD9C01ABC7 (resized).jpegBF5CB210-4AD8-4D91-83F0-40FD9C01ABC7 (resized).jpeg
#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent... amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Yeah, I did similar before I knew PinMonk offered his version. Looks Great! Definitely much better than all of the white down there!

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know where you can get side rails like the LEs? Those angular rails are so much nicer than the round lollipop rails.

That is a really good question. Were these LE exclusive? I much prefer the art blades on the LE than the mostly red official ones that Stern is selling. Actually they are the exact same art, it is just the ones available are red-washed.

Someone mentioned a few pages back that they would be producing the art blades again but I really feel it is the red ones as I have seen them come back in stock at a few places.

EDIT: I am a dummy you are looking for side rails not art blades.

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Were these LE exclusive?

Yes, the LE art blades are exclusive. You can't officially get them as replacements unless you have a registered LE (if there are any even available).

#9720 2 years ago

Welp, I'm sorta joining your club. I signed up for a DP Premium from the upcoming December run. Man, that sounds a long way off. I was trying to decide between DP Premium, Elvira HOH, or JP Premium. I'm afraid that DP being introduced in 2018 might be coming up on the end of it's run quicker than the other two titles, and darn it, I simply just enjoy the heck out of playing DP whenever I get the chance to. It just seems to have this special magic combination of art, sounds, LCD graphics, humor, rules, and playfield layout, that really work for me. I've never seen the Premium artwork in real life, I guess by next Spring (if schedules hold out) that will no longer be the case.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Welp, I'm sorta joining your club. I signed up for a DP Premium from the upcoming December run. Man, that sounds a long way off. I was trying to decide between DP Premium, Elvira HOH, or JP Premium. I'm afraid that DP being introduced in 2018 might be coming up on the end of it's run quicker than the other two titles, and darn it, I simply just enjoy the heck out of playing DP whenever I get the chance to. It just seems to have this special magic combination of art, sounds, LCD graphics, humor, rules, and playfield layout, that really work for me. I've never seen the Premium artwork in real life, I guess by next Spring (if schedules hold out) that will no longer be the case.

Congrats! FWIW i think the premium DP is a really great upgrade over the pro... same for JP. EHOH is a great game too but theme is a meh for me and its basically unobtainium.

I own a DP prem and a JP LE and don't know that i can pick between the two... I will say that DP never makes me pissed like JP does sometimes. Play better right? However JP2 is much more challenging and has a different depth that would help it with staying power. The movie code is a must. JP is harder to figure out, more to do, less repetitive and will challenge a good player a fair amount more than DP. Theme is important too, so pick what you love!

I also own Sth pro and love it at least equally as the other 2^ if not more.

#9722 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent... amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Yeah, that white can be blinding. Thanks for sharing. Just order off Amazon. The install - is it difficult?

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Yeah, that white can be blinding. Thanks for sharing. Just order off Amazon. The install - is it difficult?

I feel like the blinding white part of the challenge. Half blinded in a dark room, choose when to boom carefully!

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

In my case, originally I just taped the colored pieces over the Stern LED board to see how it looked. You can add multiple sheets of color to get the depth of color you want and also mix red/blue to make purple, etc.

After I was happy I made it more permanent, by making small clear lexan pieces to bolt between the LED board and the playfield and used clear Gorilla glue to mount the color sheets to the lexan. The results are great!

PinMonk offers colored "brackets" that would be easier than the DIY approach if you want to go that route.

IMG_7768 (resized).jpgIMG_7768 (resized).jpg
#9725 2 years ago

Another Amazon lighting gel orderer here. Barebones, just some painters tape and it worked as I had hoped. (May go back and double the green gel up to darken things.)

187972123_1331746907225955_2546143933603508622_n (resized).jpg187972123_1331746907225955_2546143933603508622_n (resized).jpg

188096572_2970233849925988_2608580706435927352_n (resized).jpg188096572_2970233849925988_2608580706435927352_n (resized).jpg

#9726 2 years ago

Wow. Just changed my flipper rubbers to super bands and increased pitch from 6.8 between flippers to 7.0 and I cracked 1.1 billion. Did every multi ball but just couldn’t complete the quests to get to megadonkulas Rex or however it’s spelled.

Prior to today I only hit 600M once. Not sure if it’s the arrow or the Indian but today was fun. And to top it off I’m the Snikt champ with 6 lol. Such a great pin

#9727 2 years ago

When putting washers under the left ramp is the general consensus to put washers under all three posts (the two posts at the front and one at the rear right), or just the rear post? I didn't put washers under the ramp of my pro but decided it was best to do it with my prem and went with all three posts to keep from changing the pitch of the ramp.

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow. Just changed my flipper rubbers to super bands and increased pitch from 6.8 between flippers to 7.0 and I cracked 1.1 billion. Did every multi ball but just couldn’t complete the quests to get to megadonkulas Rex or however it’s spelled.
Prior to today I only hit 600M once. Not sure if it’s the arrow or the Indian but today was fun. And to top it off I’m the Snikt champ with 6 lol. Such a great pin

If you’re struggling with T-Rex save your boom’s for him… if you’ve got 4 saved up you can finish him off really quickly with 4 safe shots and use the boom’s for the lil Deadpool shot as that one is dangerous.

#9729 2 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

When putting washers under the left ramp is the general consensus to put washers under all three posts (the two posts at the front and one at the rear right), or just the rear post? I didn't put washers under the ramp of my pro but decided it was best to do it with my prem and went with all three posts to keep from changing the pitch of the ramp.

I use cliffy carbon fiber washers under the back corners of the ramp ball edge, it lifts the whole ramp enough to not need any washers anywhere else

#9730 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

If you’re struggling with T-Rex save your boom’s for him… if you’ve got 4 saved up you can finish him off really quickly with 4 safe shots and use the boom’s for the lil Deadpool shot as that one is dangerous.

Great tip. Lil Deadpool is such a risky shot in this mode.

#9731 2 years ago

Goyomex Here's a couple pics of some of the lexan pieces I made. I mounted them between the LED board and the playfield. Most are like the single small size.

IMG_7733 (resized).JPGIMG_7733 (resized).JPGIMG_7734 (resized).JPGIMG_7734 (resized).JPG
#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I usually don't struggle with the T-Rex, but use the same boom's strategy with Megalodon as I find that's safer and faster than having to hit the moving red target with the ball multiple times.

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I usually don't struggle with the T-Rex, but use the same boom's strategy with Megalodon as I find that's safer and faster than having to hit the moving red target with the ball multiple times.

If I have all 4 booms saved up, is it better to hold the action button and use one at a time or will a single mega boom inflict more damage. Any difference in this strategy between modes or battles?

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If I have all 4 booms saved up, is it better to hold the action button and use one at a time or will a single mega boom inflict more damage. Any difference in this strategy between modes or battles?

Hold it and get 4 shots out of it… one big one does not make the same progress… that’s what my memory is telling me at least.

#9735 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Goyomex Here's a couple pics of some of the lexan pieces I made. I mounted them between the LED board and the playfield. Most are like the single small size.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics @awesome1. Got this DIY project scheduled for this weekend!

#9736 2 years ago

does the custom sound code change the music for the battle modes? it's my only complaint against the pin. The music is great but the battle music (especially mystique) is kind of meh

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Depends on the situation... I don't like to use Super Booms on either Quest since only one qualifying shot is lit at a time. The Super Boom really helps when a lot of shots are lit, since you collect all lit shots and if only one is lit, a regular Boom works just as well.

If you have multiple modes going at one time or sometimes in Mechsuit Multiball is when I like to use the Super Boom, especially if I have a playfield multiplier going.

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Depends on the situation... I don't like to use Super Booms on either Quest since only one qualifying shot is lit at a time. The Super Boom really helps when a lot of shots are lit, since you collect all lit shots and if only one is lit, a regular Boom works just as well.
If you have multiple modes going at one time or sometimes in Mechsuit Multiball is when I like to use the Super Boom, especially if I have a playfield multiplier going.

Thanks for the tips. Any idea if a single boom will award what is in the scoop? For instance, if I hit a number of weapons and they are to be collected in the scoop, will a boom automatically collect them? I don’t think so but figured I’d ask

#9739 2 years ago

I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.

I have never played the game and not sure I wanted to open it and then looked and saw it's rated #6 in top Pinside 100.

Is the game that good???

It's sitting in the one hole I could open it and put it in.

One problem...Mandolorian LE is coming in about 10-15 days.

Can store 2 in the hole or open one...UGGHHH!!!

#9740 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.
I have never played the game and not sure I wanted to open it and then looked and saw it's rated #6 in top Pinside 100.
Is the game that good???

I think it's great... but looking at your collection, man, it's a pretty sweet one... I've played most in your collection a fair bit and I'd put Deadpool ahead of Aerosmith, Ghostbusters and Munsters for sure, I'd also say it has more replayability than Monsterbash, but the reset I haven't played enough, or think are better than Deadpool... good problem to have... and Mando is on the way?!?! Awesome!

#9741 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Is the game that good???

I don’t think it’s #6 all time but it’s better than:

Led zep
Monster bash
Munsters
Aero smith
Dialed in
Ghostbusters

In a large collection like yours it will shine even more

Pros:

- hilarious amazing call outs
- fantastic music
- super unique shots
- fun and approachable
- great flow
- truly a work of art

Cons

- can feel a little repetitive with the three main battles
- some cheap drains from pops/katana ramp/scoop rejects
- snikt shot can be inconsistent

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks for the tips. Any idea if a single boom will award what is in the scoop? For instance, if I hit a number of weapons and they are to be collected in the scoop, will a boom automatically collect them? I don’t think so but figured I’d ask

No, the Super Boom will not collect the scoop awards, including finishing a battle... you still have to shoot into the scoop to collect.

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Is the game that good???

Open it and play it. Chances are good that you will keep Deadpool and move one of your others...

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.
Is the game that good???

I would also agree, It is a better game than many (most) of the sterns in your collection. This is just my taste/ experience and everybody is looking for different things. I think stern music pins are meh personally. Sth, JP2 and DP are my current favorite lcd sterns. All fairly equal but in that order.

Deadpool does really shine in a decent sized collection, it has the tight stern feel but is very unique in layout. I also bet if you play it for a couple weeks b4 mando arrives, something else will leave.

#9745 2 years ago

Could anyone remind me how to start the jukebox?

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Could anyone remind me how to start the jukebox?

Hold both flippers in attract mode.

Quoted from sepins:

Is the game that good???

Been said, but at the very least Deadpool is an absolute slam dunk over Munsters.

#9747 2 years ago

FINALLY I’m OFFICIALLY a member. It’s gonna be a good nite! Lol I’ve got a whole box of upgrades to install, hopefully I’ll get through it all this weekend.

9F1D6BB9-803E-42CF-B783-ED457DCCAA7B (resized).jpeg9F1D6BB9-803E-42CF-B783-ED457DCCAA7B (resized).jpeg
#9748 2 years ago

Very nice.

borat (resized).jpgborat (resized).jpg

I'd have sore knees if i mounted my cupholders there. I move way to much.

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think it’s #6 all time but it’s better than:
Led zep
Monster bash
Munsters
Aero smith
Dialed in
Ghostbusters
In a large collection like yours it will shine even more
Pros:
- hilarious amazing call outs
- fantastic music
- super unique shots
- fun and approachable
- great flow
- truly a work of art
Cons
- can feel a little repetitive with the three main battles
- some cheap drains from pops/katana ramp/scoop rejects
- snikt shot can be inconsistent

I don’t get the repetitive argument of only 3 battles. Unlike most pin modes; with booms, teamups, disco, berserker, the modes/shots on Deadpool can be different each time you play. Battles can be over in just a couple shots, or 10 shots depending how you play it. Then add in the 2nd level battles which expand it even more. Most pins are the same shots and same # of shots.

#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t get the repetitive argument of only 3 battles. Unlike most pin modes; with booms, teamups, disco, berserker, the modes/shots on Deadpool can be different each time you play. Battles can be over in just a couple shots, or 10 shots depending how you play it. Then add in the 2nd level battles which expand it even more. Most pins are the same shots and same # of shots.

Pinball Magic anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195?hl=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.