(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 326.
#9451 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

PRO or Premium?
I am really having a hard time justifying the premium

I went Pro, my rationale was:

- Preferred Pro Art
- Ambivalent about side stand-ups vs drop targets on this game. You can't really even see them from the players perspective, always use the pf lights to tell me what's going on anyway, and the stand-ups make for faster gameplay.
- Preferred flat plastic "action figures" vs 3D ones (not a fan of dolls on the PF, my IMDN excepted for some reason).
The one additional fun shot (repeatable left loop) and disco ball effect weren't enough to spend the extra $$$.

#9452 2 years ago

PRO or Premium?
I am really having a hard time justifying the premium

It's absolutely a matter of subjective opinion, the only thing that will matter is which you like best (and feel is worth the price!). Personally, I went with the premium for the full left orbit, disco lights, and art package.

It ultimately comes down to whether you prefer the left orbit feeding the right flipper or the pops, whether you prefer drop vs. stand up targets, and if you care enough about the cosmetic differences.

#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I own a Pro and have spent time on a premium. I'm not even tempted to upgrade.

Itll be about 12mo total between when i asked my distributor for a pro and actually get one. He messaged me last week saying he had premium in stock so I tried to convince myself. Even though id like the loops and drops, i really dislike the premium art package, translite and action figures so i told him to move down his list and i will continue to wait on my pro. Also saves me 2k+ toward something else.

#9454 2 years ago

Some games the premium is worth it, some games are actually worse off for an upperplayfield etc.

Deadpool premium is a better game that a pro, but not by much.
As you say, the art on the pro is also better.

As far as cable tieing dolls and cars and shit to your pinball machines I'm right there with you and think it's utterly childish, but i don't mind if the machine is supposed to have that shit. I also have a few machines with some good mods on them that past owners have fit, like my walking dead, Allice Cooper, Rob Zombie etc.
But because they are already there i don't really know the difference.

#9455 2 years ago

Funnily enough, I've had my PRO for about 2 years now (first NIB I ever owned) and I just upgraded to the Premium. Right now, I have them both... lol.

The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted to try something new on the game. I've improved my skills to the point of finishing the game (once, mind you) and I still LOVE the game a lot so I figured that getting the premium was like watching the "Director's Cut" of a favorite movie of mine. I realize it's not exactly the same, but that's the analogy I'd make.

I actually love the artwork/translite on all 3 models (ZombieYeti or Die!) so that was fun to upgrade, just to see something different in my game room.

In terms of actual gameplay, I've been playing for a couple of days now and essentially the 2 MAIN differences are: the LOOP shot via the left orbit which is pretty kickass I will say (this also comes with an added "bonus mode" called DISCO LOOPS which I had never experienced before) as well as the actual DISCO BALL, which you can also purchase as a MOD for the PRO, although it's not exactly the same. Oh and I like the red wire form ramp as well...

I do NOT like the drop targets in the PREMIUM so far, as the balls seems to get "stuck" in there sometimes (for a split second) and then gets spit out and is hard to handle, so that's not cool. I much prefer the stand-up targets in the PRO.

In the end, I don't regret the upgrade because I like the new art on the game, dig the DISCO BALL and the new left orbit shot, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to take the PREMIUM over the PRO because the differences are not a lot and not really worth the difference in price, imho.

Oh, I also noticed that since the PREMIUM was built on May 4th (yeah, like 2 weeks ago!), it's a lot more solid, as in the SCOOP seems to suck in everything in its path, the SNIKT shot is even better on this one and the roll-down from LIL DEADPOOL goes more to my left flipper than it did before, but I imagine these are all areas that Stern has probably improved on since I purchased my PRO back in late 2018.

IMG_0268 (resized).jpgIMG_0268 (resized).jpg
#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Funnily enough, I've had my PRO for about 2 years now (first NIB I ever owned) and I just upgraded to the Premium. Right now, I have them both... lol.
The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted to try something new on the game. I've improved my skills to the point of finishing the game (once, mind you) and I still LOVE the game a lot so I figured that getting the premium was like watching the "Director's Cut" of a favorite movie of mine. I realize it's not exactly the same, but that's the analogy I'd make.
I actually love the artwork/translite on all 3 models (ZombieYeti or Die!) so that was fun to upgrade, just to see something different in my game room.
In terms of actual gameplay, I've been playing for a couple of days now and essentially the 2 MAIN differences are: the LOOP shot via the left orbit which is pretty kickass I will say (this also comes with an added "bonus mode" called DISCO LOOPS which I had never experienced before) as well as the actual DISCO BALL, which you can also purchase as a MOD for the PRO, although it's not exactly the same. Oh and I like the red wire form ramp as well...
I do NOT like the drop targets in the PREMIUM so far, as the balls seems to get "stuck" in there sometimes (for a split second) and then gets spit out and is hard to handle, so that's not cool. I much prefer the stand-up targets in the PRO.
In the end, I don't regret the upgrade because I like the new art on the game, dig the DISCO BALL and the new left orbit shot, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to take the PREMIUM over the PRO because the differences are not a lot and not really worth the difference in price, imho.
Oh, I also noticed that since the PREMIUM was built on May 4th (yeah, like 2 weeks ago!), it's a lot more solid, as in the SCOOP seems to suck in everything in its path, the SNIKT shot is even better on this one and the roll-down from LIL DEADPOOL goes more to my left flipper than it did before, but I imagine these are all areas that Stern has probably improved on since I purchased my PRO back in late 2018.
[quoted image]

Just wait til you get disco loops with dazzler vs Mystique. Or lock the ball during lil Deadpool multiball for looping supers! Or combo loops with BOOMs to complete T-Rex. Or looping balls while making other shots in ninja or mech suit multiball. Some awesome variables and stacks come with that extra loop rather than the ball dumping into the pops.

#9457 2 years ago

Thanks for thge report. To me, it's not a clear cut choice, like, say, JJP GnR where the Se (pro) is so stripped back, missing the upper playfield, the beautiful guitar ramps etc from the LE (premuim), that it's a no brainer.

I'd be paying $3k more here for the disco loops, and i could care less about the mirror ball or the standups (something else to wear and go wrong).

But everyone is different and i can see why the premium is attractive. I wanted one too until i played one.

#9458 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

For NIB that’s pretty standard pricing no?

Depends on your distrib, the popularity of the title and whether you use cash or credit card.

$7400-$8k shipped is the range for most distributors.

#9459 2 years ago

yeah, I am a sucker for a good orbit.

#9460 2 years ago

yeah, I am a sucker for a good orbit.

Me too, and i have a beauty.

orbitone3 (resized).jpgorbitone3 (resized).jpg

#9461 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

[quoted image]

Now this is what I like to see on Pinside. A good, honest review and opinion of a game with a picture to boot. Thank you Sir!

#9462 2 years ago

Late to the party with a lot of catching up to do. Reading key posts and such. The game grew on us over the last year playing it at locations, so pulled the trigger to get a premium last week. Looking for the katana side armor upgrade though. I checked a handful of distributors with no luck. We are enjoying it.

In the game comparison matrix it shows "CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification ". Where is that located? I couldn't find it yet.

20210514_120627 (resized).jpg20210514_120627 (resized).jpg20210514_131744 (resized).jpg20210514_131744 (resized).jpg

#9463 2 years ago

The katana side armor looks cool in photos but I’ve read that it’s super cheap, literally made out or cardboard

#9464 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Late to the party with a lot of catching up to do. Reading key posts and such. The game grew on us over the last year playing it at locations, so pulled the trigger to get a premium last week. Looking for the katana side armor upgrade though. I checked a handful of distributors with no luck. We are enjoying it.
In the game comparison matrix it shows "CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification ". Where is that located? I couldn't find it yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I’ve had mine for 2+ years and it’s still my favorite pin. I even enjoy it more than GNR.

A046CEAE-712B-453C-8A2E-330D55905E04 (resized).jpegA046CEAE-712B-453C-8A2E-330D55905E04 (resized).jpeg
#9465 2 years ago

Attack From Mars remake is the only pin that has knocked Deadpool down from top spot for me.

#9466 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Attack From Mars remake is the only pin that has knocked Deadpool down from top spot for me.

2 top notch games.

#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think you need something like this if you want a 3.5mm connector. They used to have one directly on the board for SPIKE 1 but it was removed for SPIKE 2.

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=64&controller=product&id_lang=1

#9468 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from Smack:

I think you need something like this if you want a 3.5mm connector. They used to have one directly on the board for SPIKE 1 but it was removed for SPIKE 2.
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=64&controller=product&id_lang=1

If you are going to run an external sub, most will allow high level inputs direct from the cabinet speaker. This is how I have mine wired and it works and sounds great!

#9469 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It is on Node 0 (cpu board). It is connector CN5, pins 4 and 7. You can make your own cable or buy one of Pinside. I can post a picture of it helps.

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

It is on Node 0 (cpu board). It is connector CN5, pins 4 and 7. You can make your own cable or buy one of Pinside. I can post a picture of it helps.

I got the alligator clip speaker wires to go onto the sub. Do you have a different setup?

#9471 2 years ago

I used these aussie parts. Can run 3 games off one sub if i want to.

https://www.tanglestech.com/Sub-Woofer_c_16.html

Pinwoofer does a line trimmer kit for you North American guys.

#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I got the alligator clip speaker wires to go onto the sub. Do you have a different setup?

Get a pinnovators board for $35. They are plug and play. They are a great product and a good company to deal with.

#9473 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Get a pinnovators board for $35. They are plug and play. They are a great product and a good company to deal with.

been looking at the flipper fidelity kits with the 10” woofer too.

#9474 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I soldered mine, but essentially the same setup. (my wiener dog hangs out with me usually while I'm playing and he would sometimes hit the wires and they would pull the alligator clip off)

The Monoprice 12" sub's I use will take (2) separate high level inputs, so I can run two different pins to them and both can be on at the same time.

#9475 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I soldered mine, but essentially the same setup. (my wiener dog hangs out with me usually while I'm playing and he would sometimes hit the wires and they would pull the alligator clip off)
The Monoprice 12" sub's I use will take (2) separate high level inputs, so I can run two different pins to them and both can be on at the same time.

I went with Pinwoofer, including the upgraded internal subwoofer. It's got a ton of bass. I've never used an external sub, but more than happy with the upgraded sub.

#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Thanks, but it is much easier to just get the Pinnovators with a cable if that's the case.

Much appreciated the info though. I couldn't find it on the board or in the manual. Surprised that it was listed as a feature. Carryover from Spike I guess (as others have reported).

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I went with Pinwoofer, including the upgraded internal subwoofer. It's got a ton of bass. I've never used an external sub, but more than happy with the upgraded sub.

Added Pinwoofers to my DP Premium this weekend. What a nice upgrade v. stock - very pleased with the result. Highly recommended.

#9478 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! I’ve had mine for 2+ years and it’s still my favorite pin. I even enjoy it more than GNR. [quoted image]

Yes, I am going to have to re-rate DP in about a month or so after the honeymoon phase (even though we have played hit a few hundred times at locations and shows before we bought one)

#9479 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Added Pinwoofers to my DP Premium this weekend. What a nice upgrade v. stock - very pleased with the result. Highly recommended.

Must get around to putting my pinwoofer system in soon.
Put the same one in GnR last week and it's absolutely incredible.

#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Must get around to putting my pinwoofer system in soon.
Put the same one in GnR last week and it's absolutely incredible.

Must get around to it! Man you must be a busy guy! I had mine in within minutes... Only downside is that once I upgraded my DP, my AIQ sounded like total crap. Ordered the Pinwoofer system for AIQ this morning.

#9481 2 years ago

Nah just lazy.

They call it Woopi time round here, work until the pub opens.

#9482 2 years ago

Hi guys, could someone measure this opening for me? Center to center of the top nuts. I am thinking about adding a one way gate when my game arrives. Thanks in advance.

3FC4BC06-5C82-42A6-9DAA-1401F7A80122 (resized).jpeg3FC4BC06-5C82-42A6-9DAA-1401F7A80122 (resized).jpeg

#9483 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Hi guys, could someone measure this opening for me? Center to center of the top nuts. I am thinking about adding a one way gate when my game arrives. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

I would wager that would cause ball traps. Unless I just don't understand what you are trying to do.

#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The side armor looks decent, but the "blade" inside is cardboard. So thats pretty lame.

#9485 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would wager that would cause ball traps. Unless I just don't understand what you are trying to do.

I thought about the possibility of ball traps with the gate. but there might be enough slope to direct the ball to the pop and not get trapped.

I was hoping I could temporarily borrow the gate from my Iron Maiden shooter lane exit. and give it a try. but I need a measurement first, because my game is not going to be here for a couple of weeks.

If Maidens gate is not the right size. I was going to order the correct size from Marco before my game arrives.

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I thought about the possibility of ball traps with the gate. but there might be enough slope to direct the ball to the pop and not get trapped.
I was hoping I could temporarily borrow the gate from my Iron Maiden shooter lane exit. and give it a try. but I need a measurement first, because my game is not going to be here for a couple of weeks.
If Maidens gate is not the right size. I was going to order the correct size from Marco before my game arrives.

My pops are semi sensitive and the ball will occasionally rest there without a gate.
What are you trying to change by doing this?
I don't think it's a good idea, but it's your game.

#9487 2 years ago

I have watched Dead Flip play a lot of games on his loaner Deadpool. and he mentioned the one thing that aggravated him on the game; was the SDTM he got from the ball rolling back down that area. and he wished there was a gate there to prevent it. so I thought I’d give a one way gate a try.

#9488 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I have watched Dead Flip play a lot of games on his loaner Deadpool. and he mentioned the one thing that aggravated him on the game; was the SDTM he got from the ball rolling back down that area. and he wished there was a gate there to prevent it. so I thought I’d give a one way gate a try.

I would wait until you play your game to determine if it needs it. Mine sure doesn't.

#9489 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

If that's the rational I wouldn't do it... I can't even think of a time I got a SDTM from the ball coming out of the pop's down that path... I've had plenty of SDTM's from that path when I brick the shot up there, but I gotta think they rarely came from the pop's and back down.

It will cause stuck balls for sure, on occasion I get one stuck up there when it is a slow roller, it nestles itself on the right side of the lower pop and the wall... when the pop's fire after the delay it always gets unstuck.

#9490 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I used these aussie parts. Can run 3 games off one sub if i want to.
https://www.tanglestech.com/Sub-Woofer_c_16.html
Pinwoofer does a line trimmer kit for you North American guys.

When I hook up 2 or 3 pins to my subwoofer, I get back feed and makes noises until all machines power up. Will this product above help prevent that?

#9491 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

The side armor looks decent, but the "blade" inside is cardboard. So thats pretty lame.

Thanks. Good to know.

Need one of those metal fab guys to come up with a good set then.

#9492 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

When I hook up 2 or 3 pins to my subwoofer, I get back feed and makes noises until all machines power up. Will this product above help prevent that?

How are you connecting to your your sub?

If using high level speaker inputs from your speaker and your sub allows for left and right hookups, it should work fine with two pins connected... one to left and one to right. I have several machines setup like this and don't have any feedback issues.

If you share an input between pins, you will get feedback.

#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Ive had feedback issues when two pins were hooked to the same sub. I now use pinnovators pinsub products and it corrects the issue.

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Like others have said, wait til you get your game. Mine rolls to the edge of the left flipper. It may be a pitch thing? This game plays great around 6.9-7.0 deg.

#9495 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Like others have said, wait til you get your game. Mine rolls to the edge of the left flipper. It may be a pitch thing? This game plays great around 6.9-7.0 deg.

Thanks Eskaybee I will try 6.9-7.0 before #deadpoolgate

#9496 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

[quoted image]

Rather than tell you not to do it I thought is actually answer the question looks like I’m a little long on the measurement… having trouble with the wire ramp and micrometer getting on point.
4078CED4-5773-416C-BA07-C7E9DAA91F9C (resized).jpeg4078CED4-5773-416C-BA07-C7E9DAA91F9C (resized).jpeg

#9497 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Rather than tell you not to do it I thought is actually answer the question looks like I’m a little long on the measurement… having trouble with the wire ramp and micrometer getting on point.
[quoted image]

Thanks. so 1.8429" maiden gate is too big.

#9498 2 years ago

This conversation is reminding me that someone on this thread asked me to look into creating a plastic protector for the Lil Deadpool area.

To the Pinsider that made this request, my apologies as I recently had surgery and was not able to take that piece off. I believe I should be good now to take a look at that this weekend.

#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Correct, no feedback.

#9500 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There are very specific cases for me where the ball will roll back down the guide behind lil Deadpool and go SDTM. If it re-enters slow it will hit my right flipper, if it re-enters with speed it will hit the left flipper. So in those in between cases I give the machine a nudge to one side just as the ball it about to exit near the blue bumper to ensure I will catch a piece of it.

That's just how I have dealt with this. I would certainly love to see a 1 way gate if it is applied here. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/190?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.