(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 326.
#9351 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m super bored with the stern blade art...
Let’s try something else;
(The print company screwed up the size, so they’re sending me new ones... no prob)
Mods are fun, let’s drink to that! Maybe some gin made from Ryan Reynolds tears??![quoted image]

I like the idea, but it might be too many busy colors to match the playfield and plastics.

Is that printed on vinyl?

#9352 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like the idea, but it might be too many busy colors to match the playfield and plastics.
Is that printed on vinyl?

Yes vinyl, It’s glossy , I had ordered matte, the 2nd print will be more durable

I like all the color personally, I wanted it to be really busy

#9353 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes vinyl, It’s glossy , I had ordered matte, the 2nd print will be more durable

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool, but just wonder about it looking out of place in the machine. Definitely post some pictures once you get it installed!

#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

ordered it from where?

#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m super bored with the stern blade art...
Let’s try something else;
(The print company screwed up the size, so they’re sending me new ones... no prob)
Mods are fun, let’s drink to that! Maybe some gin made from Ryan Reynolds tears??![quoted image]

Oh wow!
If i didn't just install stern blades, id be sweet talking you...

#9356 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

During one of the bonus countdowns I was laughing at how much time it took.

If you don't want to wait for the long bonus countdowns, you can hit both flippers and it will finish immediately. The same for the narration on both quests.

#9357 2 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

If you don't want to wait for the long bonus countdowns, you can hit both flippers and it will finish immediately. The same for the narration on both quests.

The only narration I can't seem to skip is when I drain with a defeated opponent and the sound call and there is a long one... when Deadpool and the announcer go back and forth on the call. Wish I could skip that... also wish I wouldn't drain when I defeat an opponent

#9358 2 years ago

If there is ever another code update I’d love it if they added a brief ball save whenever the ball gets released from behind the little Deadpool drop targets. Every once in a while I get a SDTM

#9359 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

O...... During one of the bonus countdowns I was laughing at how much time it took.....!

Long bonus count down...Try waiting Bally's Playboy 39,000 bonus and the 5x multiplyer

#9360 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Long bonus count down...Try waiting Bally's Playboy 39,000 bonus and the 5x multiplyer

loving that one when i was young because it was hard to achieve (bonus at max) and we were all trying to listen to the full melody

#9361 2 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Yup, and thanks. When I get a new game I don't skip anything. I let every animation, ball end, game over, match and opening play all the way through. When I said I was laughing, it wasn't a bad thing, it was genuine laughter at the 80s video game vibe as the pitch got higher and faster through each multiplier. I love it in games like Eight Ball when competing and you have multiple racks and 5X (chime chime chime!).

#9362 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:Wow, those look sick! Can’t wait to see a pic of them on the machine.

Thank you, I’ll get them soon

#9363 2 years ago

Got my Premium last week - absolutely loving the game. A bit simpler than the JP, AIQ type games, but certainly a ton of fun. My wife and kids are loving it as well. Great looking game, very smooth, very fun. Music and callouts are as good as anything I have played.

I played with stock speakers for a few days, then dropped in the Pinwoofer setup. Sound went to a whole new level. Deadpool is a perfect match for the Pinwoofer hardware, with all the background music and tunes. Adds a ton to the game - highly recommended! Install was a breeze.

Time to make the Chimis!!!!

#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Got my Premium last week - absolutely loving the game. A bit simpler than the JP, AIQ type games, but certainly a ton of fun. My wife and kids are loving it as well. Great looking game, very smooth, very fun. Music and callouts are as good as anything I have played.
I played with stock speakers for a few days, then dropped in the Pinwoofer setup. Sound went to a whole new level. Deadpool is a perfect match for the Pinwoofer hardware, with all the background music and tunes. Adds a ton to the game - highly recommended! Install was a breeze.
Time to make the Chimis!!!!

Yeah, Deadpool has the complete package. The music and callouts are top notch and the game definitely benefits from improved speakers and extra bass.

#9365 2 years ago

Sharing another way to bling out your Deadpool that I just started making. Mirrored throwing star "washers".

Link here if interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/114660

IMG_1259 (resized).JPEGIMG_1259 (resized).JPEG

IMG_1264 (resized).JPEGIMG_1264 (resized).JPEG

IMG_1266 (resized).JPEGIMG_1266 (resized).JPEG
#9366 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Sharing another way to bling out your Deadpool that I just started making. Mirrored throwing star "washers".
Link here if interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/114660
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What a cool idea. Do like! Although I can see them creating a possible ball trap if they're used elsewhere besides the ball return without thinking about placement.

I'd double the price, though. $5 for 4 is crazy cheap. At $10/4 the value is still there.

#9367 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What a cool idea. Do like! Although I can see them creating a possible ball trap if they're used elsewhere besides the ball return without thinking about placement.
I'd double the price, though. $5 for 4 is crazy cheap. At $10/4 the value is still there.

The bloke who taught me to run a business told me there is two ways i can set my pricing. The first is to charge what you think you can get people to pay and sell a few for a large profit.

The second was to set your pricing on your cost/overheads plus a profit that you need to keep going, grow your business and make a wage. Then sell a fucking stack.

I went with the second model because that's much more the way i want the world to work.

It certainly changed the supply chain here when i stated selling distillation equipment. The big chains that were selling clamps and gaskets were selling them on the first model. A gasket that was $6 here when i opened and started selling at $1.10 (and still making good money) is now $1.10 in those big chains all over Australia. In more than 5 years i have not had to raise the prices on them.

Lets hope maffewl feels the same as i do.

#9368 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Appreciate the comments! Regarding price, I try to keep my mods inexpensive so that Pinsiders can benefit. However, seeing the response so far, I may need to re-evaluate to adjust for demand, material, and my effort in creating.

#9369 2 years ago

Dupe post.

#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Appreciate the comments! Regarding price, I try to keep my mods inexpensive so that Pinsiders can benefit. However, seeing the response so far, I may need to re-evaluate to adjust for demand, material, and my effort in creating.

That's what I'm getting at. Just the TIME to make and manage them is worth probably triple what you're asking. I'm still struggling with pricing at the monastery and my initial impulse is to under-price (Laysah always tells me I'm not charging enough), but then I get into the nuts and bolts of making something and getting it out and wonder what I was thinking, so I'm getting better at setting a realistic price out of the gate now (but internally I always think it's too high until I start working in fulfillment and realize it's about right).

$10, at least. Once you get into it, you may find a little more is even justified. Meditate on it and the answer will come.

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The bloke who taught me to run a business told me there is two ways i can set my pricing. The first is to charge what you think you can get people to pay and sell a few for a large profit.
The second was to set your pricing on your cost/overheads plus a profit that you need to keep going, grow your business and make a wage. Then sell a fucking stack.
I went with the second model because that's much more the way i want the world to work.
It certainly changed the supply chain here when i stated selling distillation equipment. The big chains that were selling clamps and gaskets were selling them on the first model. A gasket that was $6 here when i opened and started selling at $1.10 (and still making good money) is now $1.10 in those big chains all over Australia. In more than 5 years i have not had to raise the prices on them.
Lets hope maffewl feels the same as i do.

Yeah, but $6 for a rubber gasket is obviously robbery. Once the mold is made they cost almost nothing to make. Using that model for these, he'd be asking $30 per star.

#9372 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let me get my order in before we start jacking up the price

First it is LE's above MSRP and now this

#9373 2 years ago

Has anyone chromed out their katana blade?

#9374 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Bally Supersonic, very slow. Go make a coffee if the bonuses and multipliers are maxed out too.

#9375 2 years ago

In before the price increase!

PM sent

#9376 2 years ago

Maffewl is one of the most talented and underrated moders in the community, his stuff is of the best quality and creatively superior than most

#9377 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone chromed out their katana blade?

I asked this a couple days ago and didn't get any response. It's stainless so really just needs polished. Wet sand in ascending grits and then try to buff without stabbing oneself.

#9378 2 years ago

Spent a game focusing on the snikt shot.
On my Pro (2021 batch) I didnt make any adjustments and it can be hit consistently.
snikt champion - 25 snikts
GC - 6.8B

Its obviously easier to get the PF to 5X before a MB, but its not too hard to cradle a couple of balls on the right flipper and hit the snikt from a live left feed to keep the timer going.

#9379 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Maffewl is one of the most talented and underrated moders in the community, his stuff is of the best quality and creatively superior than most

This made my day. Really appreciate the kind words @nicoy3k.

#9380 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I asked this a couple days ago and didn't get any response. It's stainless so really just needs polished. Wet sand in ascending grits and then try to buff without stabbing oneself.

I have seen polished and chromed, both look great. Here is a an example of a polished ramp:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-new-pinball-refinery-1-deadpool-pro#post-4729931

#9381 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

On my Pro (2021 batch) I didnt make any adjustments and it can be hit consistently.
GC - 6.8B
Its obviously easier to get the PF to 5X before a MB, but its not too hard to cradle a couple of balls on the right flipper and hit the snikt from a live left feed to keep the timer going.

That's pretty insane - I can hit the target but getting the proper ramp deflection is tough. I think I have had up to 3-4 in a single game.

#9382 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

GC - 6.8B

Can you please post a picture of your Snikt target if possible. 25 is much higher than I have ever done. Thanks!

#9383 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

Wow, that is terrific! I have never been able to get to 5X and only have achieved 4X on a handful of occasions. If you could share a pic of your SNIKT target that would be great. Also, what pitch do you have on the machine? I recently increased the pitch a bit and it does seem that I have gotten more SNIKT shots, but that could just be my imagination...I haven't broken the record on my machine since then (it stands at 7 --- I am almost ashamed to admit that!)

#9384 2 years ago

If anyone was wondering about the following scenario: You get your first NIB machine on a Friday and manage to throw out your back while setting it up with a friend.

The answer to the question "How long will it take for you to install all your mods, plastic protectors, cliffys, titans, comet bulbs etc etc while trying not to cry every other time you move suddenly?" is "You will be finally finished Tuesday night."

Ha ha ha. Being middle aged is a blast. Oh, I see that you moved suddenly in some imperceivably wrong way. Time to die.

#9385 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Wow, that is terrific! I have never been able to get to 5X and only have achieved 4X on a handful of occasions. If you could share a pic of your SNIKT target that would be great. Also, what pitch do you have on the machine? I recently increased the pitch a bit and it does seem that I have gotten more SNIKT shots, but that could just be my imagination...I haven't broken the record on my machine since then (it stands at 7 --- I am almost ashamed to admit that!)

Don't be ashamed of that It sat at the default on mine for a long time! If you want to score well on DP you simply need to prioritize the Snikt target, there really isn't any other way to rack up big scores... but... you don't need the Snikt target at all to get a lot of enjoyment out of this game! There is so much more going on it can be a distraction to chase it. My high scores pale in comparison to those posted here but I can still manage to fight the Megakrakolodonus Rex with regular frequency, Clone multi ball is still a reach most weeks and Final Battle continues to allude me. So even though I can't put up billions and billions, I still feel like I make good progress on the game.

#9386 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

The answer to the question "How long will it take for you to install all your mods, plastic protectors, cliffys, titans, comet bulbs etc etc while trying not to cry every other time you move suddenly?" is "You will be finally finished Tuesday night."

Sounds like you made great progress given the back pain. But have you been able to play it yet?

#9387 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

GC - 6.8B

Quoted from mostater:

My best on 1.03 code is defeating final Mr. Sinister and 4.9 Billion. I'll admit that I have been concentrating more on AIQ the last few months and need to get some serious play on Deadpool with the 1.05 code since the multiple Mechsuit Multiballs should allow for higher scoring.

Whenever I'm in a multiball - I prioritize shooting for the Snikt shot anytime balls are at the left flipper.

#9388 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I prioritize shooting for the Snikt shot anytime balls are at the left flipper.

that's the key for big points
as said already, i've finished the game twice, once on a PRO, once on a LE, i would say similar build games, but than scoring 3B & 6B... so much diff only came from the PF multiplicator, no doubt about that

#9389 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Can you please post a picture of your Snikt target if possible. 25 is much higher than I have ever done. Thanks!

PXL_20210512_192620661 (resized).jpgPXL_20210512_192620661 (resized).jpg
#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey everyone. Really appreciate all the kind words and interest in my mods! I make these for my own machines so it's always awesome to share and see other Pinsiders install them as well.

I honestly was not expecting such a response on the throwing star washers and have sold out of my initial run. No worries though as I will have more made this weekend. If interested, just shoot me a PM.

Again, what an awesome community, and a sincere thanks.

#9391 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone. Really appreciate all the kind words and interest in my mods! I make these for my own machines so it's always awesome to share and see other Pinsiders install them as well.
I honestly was not expecting such a response on the throwing star washers and have sold out of my initial run. No worries though as I will have more made this weekend. If interested, just shoot me a PM.
Again, what an awesome community, and a sincere thanks.

I came for the throwing stars and wound up ordering everything you had for Deadpool, its all killer stuff.

#9392 2 years ago

It would be awesome to know how many deadpools have been made/sold.. I usually use that info as a rough indicator of success of a title- off hand, titles I think of:
Monster Bash ~3.3k original run games
Attack from Mars ~3.4k original run games
Monopoly ~3.6k games
Space Shuttle ~7k games
CFTBL ~ 7.8k
Gottlieb's Blackhole ~8.7k
Data East Jurassic Park ~9k
Pinbot ~ 12k
Twilight Zone ~ 15k
Highspeed ~ 17k
The Addams Family ~ 21k

I know it's too soon to compare (deadpool still in production), and I'm also excited to see how Mando compares when all is said and done!
Be great to see current made Stern pins putting in big #'s!

#9393 2 years ago
Quoted from sharkey1331:

It would be awesome to know how many deadpools have been made/sold..

Unless Stern goes public I don't think we'll ever know.

Having said that how do you know the Monopoly numbers? Was Stern voluntarily sharing those numbers at the time?

#9394 2 years ago

I've been a PRO owner since 2018 but I just got word that my PREMIUM has arrived! (upgrading, baby!)

That said, I wanted to get the legs/other stems powder-coated before taking ownership but I have NO IDEA what color is best for that. I noticed some "dark red" on here, can others suggest a good COLOR to powder-coat my PREMIUM and ideally even post pictures?

Greatly appreciated!

#9395 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've been a PRO owner since 2018 but I just got word that my PREMIUM has arrived! (upgrading, baby!)
That said, I wanted to get the legs/other stems powder-coated before taking ownership but I have NO IDEA what color is best for that. I noticed some "dark red" on here, can others suggest a good COLOR to powder-coat my PREMIUM and ideally even post pictures?
Greatly appreciated!

Given the cabinet is very blue/aqua perhaps something to match or accent that. Red would be too contrasting imo for the Premium. I am sure some photos of other examples will be coming from other pinsiders soon.

Not sure if you have it in hand just yet but if you wanna get a good idea of what the premium cab looks like there are some good quality shots from the reveal on PinballNews.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/08/07/deadpool-revealed/

#9396 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Greatly appreciated!

Spent a load of time waiting for my premium thinking about / looking up powder coating options.

Posted these before, but:
Some in red:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/88#post-5265852
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/94#post-5319363
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/109#post-5449130
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/50#post-5948012

Some in blue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/89#post-5278290
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/52#post-6092853

Not really a fan of the red on the premium. Have thought I'd go blue this whole time, but now that the machine is here, I'm not so sure.

I swapped the T-molding for blue, and as a part of upgrading to 5.25" speakers etc - put in blue rings.
184128616_841805773101191_1206654780993701207_n (resized).jpg184128616_841805773101191_1206654780993701207_n (resized).jpg
The odd thing is - it looks great as is. A nice accent to all the blues in the side art. But it's almost immediately clear to me that getting all the armor powder coated blue isn't going to look right to me. I like the ones done in blue above, but it's just a bit too much in some way. I think that it's just a bit much to have all that blue armor, and then while the playfield is color as can be - red really is a dominate color of sorts.

The unexpected probable solution? I think I'm actually just going to get my armor done in a nice glossy black, with some metallic flake. Possibly a blue, but maybe red since that really is more of a Deadpool color. Like clothes - black just goes with pretty much everything. (And lol - when it comes time to sell and you don't want to take a beating on not recouping mod expenses? Swap it to another machine. It's Black! It will look good!)

edit: another photo of one done in blue that I had found. This actually highlights why I think I'm not going with blue pretty well. I think the speaker panel is overkill, and I don't think the blue apron works that great. (All due respect to whoever owns the game, etc etc. Just my opinion and all.)
15 (resized).jpeg15 (resized).jpeg

#9397 2 years ago

I'm not digging the blue or red... I really like the Premium Sideart, it's my favourite, anything that pulls my eyes away from it seems counter productive to me.

#9398 2 years ago

So what colours would you guys choose for a pro?

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So what colours would you guys choose for a pro?

I would go dark red with purple flake in it for sure. That's what I want to do anyway.

#9400 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

The unexpected probable solution? I think I'm actually just going to get my armor done in a nice glossy black, with some metallic flake. Possibly a blue, but maybe red since that really is more of a Deadpool color.

I can't wait to see this.

I think the blue legs with matching armor is overkill as well. Perhaps just the legs in blue. I would probably go a darker shade of blue for the legs vs the photo above, however I am creatively challenged so this could look horrible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.