(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 326.
#9201 2 years ago

These new premiums are looking great, that is my favourite side art for sure.

A minor thing, but I would have liked them to change the side art of the pinball Deadpool is playing on the display to match the trim you got rather than playing the LE.

#9202 2 years ago

I was thinking why Lil DP is not riding a unicorn? so I took it in to my own hands.

I used one screw from the old lil DP and two zip ties, to hold it in to place.

20210430_082212 (resized).jpg20210430_082212 (resized).jpg20210430_091800 (resized).jpg20210430_091800 (resized).jpg

#9203 2 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

I was thinking why Lil DP is not riding a unicorn? so I took it in to my own hands.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing... others would have bought all of those up and sold it as a mod for $150 I'm sure.

#9204 2 years ago

Thinking out loud here... has anyone ever polished the katana? Schwiiing!!!

I'm talking full on chrome style polish.

Seems like it would be freaking amaze-balls.

#9205 2 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Cool. Does his head bobble? Where did you get him from?

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Cool. Does his head bobble? Where did you get him from?

Yes it does, got it off of ebay.

#9207 2 years ago

Looking for a DP Premium, have TNA for trade!

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

From what I’ve heard the days of drop shipping are over. What’s sucks is added cost to the end user, and added time to get games. -lame just inefficient all around.

? Strange, mine was definitely drop shipped.

#9209 2 years ago

My distributor might offer drop shipping, but I don’t know for sure because I had to work out a custom delivery solution for my very steep, curved and long driveway.

#9210 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My distributor might offer drop shipping, but I don’t know for sure because I had to work out a custom delivery solution for my very steep, curved and long driveway.

Well you'll have it soon, and that's all that matters!

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Well you'll have it soon, and that's all that matters!

Exactly!

#9212 2 years ago

My lil' deadpool leaf switch isn't activating. I've cleaned the contacts but it's still not registering on the Stern switch test. This is my first machine, I haven't even had it a week yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#9213 2 years ago
Quoted from wohldmad:

My lil' deadpool leaf switch isn't activating. I've cleaned the contacts but it's still not registering on the Stern switch test. This is my first machine, I haven't even had it a week yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked and traced the connections to the switch itself? Sounds like a loose or broken connection.

#9214 2 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

? Strange, mine was definitely drop shipped.

Well, perhaps that information was wrong. It’s super inefficient not to.

#9215 2 years ago

About to join the Deadpool club. Got a Premium due to be delivered any day. Contemplating upgrading the DP sound system with Pinwoofer speaker and amp kit.

Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the DP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?

Also have a JP coming and posted a similar question on the JP board. For those that own both, is there one pin over another (JP v. DP) that would truly shine with a Pinwoofer upgrade

Thanks in advance.

#9216 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

These new premiums are looking great, that is my favourite side art for sure.
A minor thing, but I would have liked them to change the side art of the pinball Deadpool is playing on the display to match the trim you got rather than playing the LE.

I thought about this the other week too. It would be a great little Easter egg if each model was displayed on the lcd, it’s such an easy way to break the 4th wall in a cool subtle way, having DP playing the same model you are.

#9217 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

About to join the Deadpool club. Got a Premium due to be delivered any day. Contemplating upgrading the DP sound system with Pinwoofer speaker and amp kit.
Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the DP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?
Also have a JP coming and posted a similar question on the JP board. For those that own both, is there one pin over another (JP v. DP) that would truly shine with a Pinwoofer upgrade
Thanks in advance.

I have a really nice pinwoofer setup to go in my Deadpool, haven't got around to installing it in either that or the one for JJP gunners.

#9218 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks in advance.

I have both games. I think the best thing you can do is add a subwoofer. The bass, especially when combined with a shaker motor, is really all you need. If you do this and it still isn't enough, you can always add speakers later. The best part is that the sub kit is $35 per game. A good sub is around $100. You can even get the adapter that allows you to connect four machines to one sub.

Single adapter: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit
Mixer: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
Subwoofer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KVQBA/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl

Pinsub for DP - $35
Pinsub for JP - $35
Mixer - $65
Subwoofer - $129

Total - $264

vs.

One Pinwoofer kit - $360.

#9219 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I have both games. I think the best thing you can do is add a subwoofer. The bass, especially when combined with a shaker motor, is really all you need. If you do this and it still isn't enough, you can always add speakers later. The best part is that the sub kit is $35 per game. A good sub is around $100. You can even get the adapter that allows you to connect four machines to one sub.
Single adapter: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit
Mixer: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
Subwoofer: amazon.com link »
Pinsub for DP - $35
Pinsub for JP - $35
Mixer - $65
Subwoofer - $129
Total - $264
vs.

I have a sub connected to my pimped out pro already. It's great.

Pinwoofer is next level, self contained (i rotate my machines from large backroom to up the small front room a few at a time) and another step up. I'll put the sub on attack from mars probs.

#9220 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a sub connected to my pimped out pro already. It's great.
Pinwoofer is next level, self contained (i rotate my machines from large backroom to up the small front room a few at a time) and another step up. I'll put the sub on attack from mars probs.

I'm a big fan of Pinwoofer. A bit more expensive, but a true top-of-the-line turnkey solution with outstanding support. I looked at the DIY option, but for the extra $$$ figured it was worth it.

#9221 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Subwoofer: amazon.com link »
Pinsub for DP - $35
Pinsub for JP - $35
Mixer - $65
Subwoofer - $129
Total - $264
vs.

I've yet to hear a game that sounded better with a large internal subwoofer vs a powered external sub. External sub provides a much cleaner sound, less glass rattling, etc.

#9222 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I've yet to hear a game that sounded better with a large internal subwoofer vs a powered external sub. External sub provides a much cleaner sound, less glass rattling, etc.

Pinwoofer are audio experts, they don't just do pinball sound as far as i can tell. Dan is an audio expert. If he thinks that the external sub was better he'd sell them instead i'm sure.

I think there's room for both solutions in different machines and use both.

The ones i really want to shine i put pinwoofer in.

#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'm a big fan of Pinwoofer. A bit more expensive, but a true top-of-the-line turnkey solution with outstanding support. I looked at the DIY option, but for the extra $$$ figured it was worth it.

Quoted from punkin:

Pinwoofer are audio experts, they don't just do pinball sound as far as i can tell. Dan is an audio expert. If he thinks that the external sub was better he'd sell them instead i'm sure.
I think there's room for both solutions in different machines and use both.
The ones i really want to shine i put pinwoofer in.

Thanks for the accolades, guys!

The external solutions gets you bass - really, unlimited. Our approach is of course the internally powered / integrated cabinet solution. The PinWoofer "GT" (Glass Tamer) removes much of the unwanted resonance characteristics that cause the glass to shake. It works and you'll achieve a rich level of presence appropriate to the track.

Also, when you think about it most of the audio content is in the backbox and we have lots of comments about hearing new things. The sound field is cleaner and crisper owing to our increased power (compared to the stock sound board) and this additional power lends dynamic range. You'll be able to hear the stereo separation in the effects and music - what the audio engineer intended. For backbox power, not that you need to play loud but power and headroom are the key to good audio at any listening level.

Good times!

https://PinWoofer.com

#9224 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks in advance.

I’ll chime in on the conversation regarding subs and such as I have an external sub on my JP and have a flipper fidelity speaker system with the upgraded large internal sub on my Deadpool.

<disclaimer: I haven’t tried or heard pinwoofer yet, only the above FF system vs External>

The external sub really helps boost the bass and dinosaur roars and high energy moments of the game. You do miss out on some of the midrange clarity but it still sounds really good for a pinball machine.

The FF internal sub and speakers upgrade on Deadpool bring out the overall clarity of the sound system as a whole which is really important for DP because it’s sound package is so so good. You get some of the bass thump (not as much as an external sub) but much more mid range and overall sound quality.

All in all, the external sub is usually all you need to get the job done for pinball. If you want to splurge and upgrade one of these two games to pinwoofer or something like that, I’d go with Deadpool over JP as it offers so much more in the sound department.

#9225 2 years ago

I probably misread the product description, but can’t you connect an external sub to PinWoofer with their monitor board?

I hope so, since that’s what I was planning to do. Get the best of both worlds

#9226 2 years ago

I’ve got a flipper fidelity 10” 3 way kit going into mine, and will be running a powered external subwoofer via pinovator connection. Hoping to scavenge all the mids and highs with the speaker kit, and the lows w/ the 12” Polk. Imo, that’s the way to go.

#9227 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I probably misread the product description, but can’t you connect an external sub to PinWoofer with their monitor board?
I hope so, since that’s what I was planning to do. Get the best of both worlds

The below image shows the recommended connection between the line out of the PinWoofer GT amp and an external. The green line trimmer is one of several gadgets we have depending on your project. We use studio levels (pro audio) of about 3dBV, while the sub is usually looking for a level of about -9dBV (consumer level), so the trimmer is generally needed to reduce the signal. You can also adjust the subwoofer level at the coin door for added convenience.

GT - LO Use Model (resized).jpgGT - LO Use Model (resized).jpg

PW-LT - Use Model (resized).jpgPW-LT - Use Model (resized).jpg
#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The below image shows the recommended connection between the line out of the PinWoofer GT amp and an external. The green line trimmer is one of several gadgets we have depending on your project. We use studio levels (pro audio) of about 3dBV, while the sub is usually looking for a level of about -9dBV (consumer level), so the trimmer is generally needed to reduce the signal. You can also adjust the subwoofer level at the coin door for added convenience.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is there a Canadian distributor for pinwoofer?

#9229 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Is there a Canadian distributor for pinwoofer?

Hey tominator - no, but we have reasonable shipping rates to Canada - multiples lower the average cost. As always, contact me to explore options.

Thanks,

Dan

208-855-0346
[email protected]

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks in advance.

I have Pinwoofers and upgraded subs/speakers in all 5 of my machines, I can say with absolute certainty Deadpool is the best machine for this upgrade the sound absolutely rocks on this machine and the Pinwoofer really makes it pop (or rather shake the house down)!

#9231 2 years ago

I just wish the game had better skill shots. For example, give points and +1 (or +2?) bonus X for completing the top skill shot. I think it's way harder than the super skill shot. Super skill shots could be more points and maybe 1 boom bomb. Maybe add an option to disable the auto launch on ball lock. I know the code ship has sailed, but oh well.

Rob

#9232 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just wish the game had better skill shots. For example, give points and +1 (or +2?) bonus X for completing the top skill shot. I think it's way harder than the super skill shot. Super skill shots could be more points and maybe 1 boom bomb. Maybe add an option to disable the auto launch on ball lock. I know the code ship has sailed, but oh well.
Rob

I think the Super Secret Skill Shot with the right orbit to lead off is a tough shot! I think I’ve made it twice in 8 months of ownership. I rarely go for it, usually just if I flub my second shot going for the MXV skill shot and find it on my left flipper with enough time to make a snikt shot.

#9233 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I think the Super Secret Skill Shot with the right orbit to lead off is a tough shot! I think I’ve made it twice in 8 months of ownership. I rarely go for it, usually just if I flub my second shot going for the MXV skill shot and find it on my left flipper with enough time to make a snikt shot.

It's still just points right? I guess not every game 'needs' extra awards for skill shots, but I do get very spoiled by the games that do.

Rob

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's still just points right? I guess not every game 'needs' extra awards for skill shots, but I do get very spoiled by the games that do.
Rob

Agreed.
Also sometimes you just want a late game Eddie letter the easy way (for example). Points be damned. Progression is my game.

#9235 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

You're right, it's just points, but sometimes a rewarding shot is enough for me, the Jurassic Park Super Secret Skill Shot is the most rewarding skill shot I've ever made and it rewards just points too I believe. My scores aren't big, so I'm not doing it to max out the points... but your point is taken, I'm on board .

#9236 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So if I’m adding an external sub with RCA inputs but no 3.5mm input to a PinWoofer set up, do you recommend I get the line trimmer with a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable instead of a monitor board?

#9237 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

That's one of the funnest super skill shots there is!

You get points plus the reward of hearing "Ninjapocalypse!", which should be reward enough.

#9238 2 years ago

its not just points though you lock a ball

#9239 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So if I’m adding an external sub with RCA inputs but no 3.5mm input to a PinWoofer set up, do you recommend I get the line trimmer with a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable instead of a monitor board?

Hey Xelz - I think I understand what you're driving for but let me cover the bases.

Most just go for the PinWoofer GT - 100% internal.

If you are adding only an external sub in conjunction with the PinWoofer GT, the answer is yes - you need only the line trimmer with the correct ends. We have every combination at the below link:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/

If you are adding an external sub AND external monitor speakers to the GT (or using an A/V amp or receiver), you'll want to pair up the two accessories as shown in the image below. This will give you control of the volume levels of both, conveniently at the coin door location. Here is the monitor board:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-monitor-board/

It is important to get these accesories for external projects because we're using pro / studio levels and if you are supplying a signal to consumer equipment (and some stage equipment), you will need to attenuate the output of the GT pre-amp. For pinball audio, these accessories are not really geared for any application other that the GT amp but they give you ultimate flexibility.

Give a shout if you would like to have a consultation - happy to help.

Line Out and Line Monitor (resized).pngLine Out and Line Monitor (resized).png
#9240 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Here is what I used to upgrade my DP Pro speakers:

Pyle PL42BL 4-Inch 180W Two-Way Speakers Pair
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000230LBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Speakers are plug an play, though you will need a mounting ring for them since their cone extends a bit deeper from the speaker than the stock ones.

Polk Audio PSW108 10" Powered Subwoofer
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PSW108-Loudspeaker-Renewed/dp/B006HCQZDQ/ref=sr_1_4

Connected directly to the sub in the bottom of the cabinet with alligator clips, no mod required.

Sounds amazing!

#9241 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Xelz - I think I understand what you're driving for but let me cover the bases.
Most just go for the PinWoofer GT - 100% internal.
If you are adding only an external sub in conjunction with the PinWoofer GT, the answer is yes - you need only the line trimmer with the correct ends. We have every combination at the below link:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/
If you are adding an external sub AND external monitor speakers to the GT (or using an A/V amp or receiver), you'll want to pair up the two accessories as shown in the image below. This will give you control of the volume levels of both, conveniently at the coin door location. Here is the monitor board:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-monitor-board/
It is important to get these accesories for external projects because we're using pro / studio levels and if you are supplying a signal to consumer equipment (and some stage equipment), you will need to attenuate the output of the GT pre-amp. For pinball audio, these accessories are not really geared for any application other that the GT amp but they give you ultimate flexibility.
Give a shout if you would like to have a consultation - happy to help.[quoted image]

Thanks, that helped a lot! The only external speaker I plan to add is the sub, so looks like I can go with just the line trimmer.

#9242 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Here is what I used to upgrade my DP Pro speakers:
Pyle PL42BL 4-Inch 180W Two-Way Speakers Pair
amazon.com link »
Speakers are plug an play, though you will need a mounting ring for them since their cone extends a bit deeper from the speaker than the stock ones.
Polk Audio PSW108 10" Powered Subwoofer
amazon.com link »
Connected directly to the sub in the bottom of the cabinet with alligator clips, no mod required.
Sounds amazing!

I put the same exact Pyles in my DP pro and my Turtles pro, I also added this with a crossover coil in both

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CQEIZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

both sound great. Can handle more vol. with ease. I didn't use the speaker rings to offset, I just cut out the black metal mesh on either side to handle the protruding speaker. I chucked in Dougs speaker lights and I tossed in his $2 clear mesh screens to absorb the light from the speaker light kit. Ended up awesome

#9243 2 years ago

Has anyone modified the TMNT shooter rod for deadpool? I was thinking painting gold areas black and a red leather grip. Looking for ideas I don't care for the stock shooter. My game is powdercoated red.

20210226_215118 (resized).jpg20210226_215118 (resized).jpgTeenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Pinball-shooter-rod__55821.1604519445 (resized).jpgTeenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Pinball-shooter-rod__55821.1604519445 (resized).jpg
#9244 2 years ago

Anyone know if they are going to offer more katana armor with this release? If they are making more toppers, I would like to get my hands on the katana cabinet armor as well. Thanks

#9245 2 years ago

Hey all, don't have a DP but was sent here by another poster.

Just experienced my GNR with and without the Pinwoofer GT with an External Klipsch 12" sub as well as the Cab sub upgrade and the Tweeter upgrade

Thought my experience would give you some insight.

NIGHT and DAY difference.

I thought I could get by with a tap off the cab to an external sub and call it a day. Nope. The tweeter upgrade and amp make the audio "Sparkle" is the best way I can describe it! All the while providing amazing bass, no hum, no rattle..just perfect blend. I'm hearing spatial orientation and callouts and sound effects that did not exist with the factory setup!

The ability to adjust the backbox volume and equalize things is HUGE.

A++++

Sorry this turned into a commercial but this is a must have mod IMHO where audio is important

#9246 2 years ago

Screw your premeditated scarcity, stern…I’ll make my own topper.
And just for giggles I’ll refer to the one in the middle as Steve Ritchie Deadpool.

4049977C-436E-4AEE-9539-320D9FB62DFF (resized).jpeg4049977C-436E-4AEE-9539-320D9FB62DFF (resized).jpeg
#9247 2 years ago

See-This-Shit-Stop-It (resized).jpgSee-This-Shit-Stop-It (resized).jpg

#9248 2 years ago

I've been trying more to build up snikt shots and multipliers before starting a multiball or battle. It's such a great shot and rule!

Rob

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Has anyone modified the TMNT shooter rod for deadpool? I was thinking painting gold areas black and a red leather grip. Looking for ideas I don't care for the stock shooter. My game is powdercoated red.

Might bump your thigh into the handle while playing but I think it would look good. The candy armor looks great. My Prem I just bought had that color also. Sweet.

#9250 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've been trying more to build up snikt shots and multipliers before starting a multiball or battle. It's such a great shot and rule!
Rob

The Snikt Secret Skill Shot is my favorite. It awards 15M+ points, 2x playfield and locks a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/185?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.