(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 326.
#9051 3 years ago

Anyone upgrade to 5.25" speakers through Pinwoofer or DIY? I'm trying to decide if going from the 4" to 5.25" is worth it.

#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone upgrade to 5.25" speakers through Pinwoofer or DIY? I'm trying to decide if going from the 4" to 5.25" is worth it.

Yes do it. Pinwoofer makes any pin rock!!!

#9053 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Especially on LZ I bet!

#9054 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Especially on LZ I bet!

Would be great on my, I mean your, deadpool premium!!!!!

#9055 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have it on mine it kicks ass!!!!

#9056 3 years ago

My pf glass already rattles when the bass hits!, I need to fix that before upgrading to any bigger speakers.

Any easy fixes out there? I've heard about using electrical tape on the glass edge but I really don't like the idea of potentially making a sticky mess and it binding up along the track

#9057 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

My pf glass already rattles when the bass hits!, I need to fix that before upgrading to any bigger speakers.
Any easy fixes out there? I've heard about using electrical tape on the glass edge but I really don't like the idea of potentially making a sticky mess and it binding up along the track

They make anti rattle tape. Don’t use electrical

https://www.pinballlife.com/anti-rattle-tape-12-x-25-ft.html

#9058 3 years ago

I put 2 layers on metallica, no more rattle!

#9059 3 years ago

I have a set of Flipper Fidelity pro/prem -> LE upgrade speakers sitting in my closet amongst the pile of things ready to go. Have read varying things about just how much better they'll sound vs. stock speakers, but what the Hell. Part of the previously mentioned side effect of ordering a machine and having nothing else to do for 2+ months while waiting for it.

Would contemplate adding a pinwoofer amp to it since I know that that's where the real improvement in sound lies, but I'm not even sure if I could at this point. Also within the pile is a pinnovators headphone kit which plugs into the same jack on the same node board that a pinwoofer amp would use. It's a question for another day. This is all ignoring the fact that I live in an apartment anyway and have neighborly courtesy issues to consider. I don't even have the chimes on my Jacks Open hooked up right now since I'm trying to be nice. Side note - playing an EM with just the sound of pops, drops and score reels clicking away is really an odd thing. Very mechanical.

#9060 3 years ago

Please note that the PinWoofer GT amp (GT = Glass Tamer) has some built in electronics to minimize the rattle of the playfield glass. It really does work nicely, but we still provide a couple strips of UHWM tape to address any lingering rattle. Some titles are worse than others.

Using other tapes such as electical tape technically works since the goal is to fill up the glass channel as much as possible. But, the drawback of most tapes is that they quickly delaminate and with electical tape in particular, leave behind a bunch of difficult to remove adhesive. The better glass tapes out there use acrylic adhesive and have a low coefficent of friction to make removal and replacement of the glass easier and the acrylic adhesive is easier to remove if necessary.

Good times!

PinWoofer.com

#9061 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

I've had the best success with using a small (1/2" - 3/4") piece of clear packing tape in each upper corner of the glass (topside) with very thin cardboard (like soda or beer 12 pack material) between the tape and glass.

Electrical tape won't take the abuse of sliding the glass on and off and leaves the glue goo behind...

You can use electrical tape on a few spots for the translite/backglass if needed. I usually put it on the track behind the back glass instead of on the backglass itself.

#9062 3 years ago

Impatiently passing the time waiting for my premium, so I made some coin reject inserts. If anyone's interested - PM me an email address and I'll send a PDF that you can print.

cr1 (resized).jpgcr1 (resized).jpg

cr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpg

#9063 3 years ago

Does anyone have these items lying around they’d like to sell?

Please pm me to sell them to me:
Stern Deadpool shooter rod
Stern 1st edition art blades

Thanks all!

#9064 3 years ago

Went to my local supplier to look at a used Attack from Mars le he got in. While there I played a Deadpool pro. Tuesday he will be delivering The Deadpool. Game was fast and fun. Not to mention thousands cheaper.

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks all!

What are the 1st edition art blades?

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Went to my local supplier to look at a used Attack from Mars le he got in. While there I played a Deadpool pro. Tuesday he will be delivering The Deadpool. Game was fast and fun. Not to mention thousands cheaper.

Deadpool was my first and favourite game.

Until i got Attack From Mars.

#9067 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks all!

They have the art blades back in stock in case ya didn’t know.
Edit:shit they are sold out never mind.

#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What are the 1st edition art blades?

If I had to guess it would be the official ones that Stern produced.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/deadpool-inside-art-blades

Deadpool.Blades_1070x1070_crop_center.pngDeadpool.Blades_1070x1070_crop_center.png
#9069 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

If I had to guess it would be the official ones that Stern produced.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/deadpool-inside-art-blades[quoted image]

I just got a set of those from pinballlife.

#9070 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Impatiently passing the time waiting for my premium, so I made some coin reject inserts. If anyone's interested - PM me an email address and I'll send a PDF that you can print.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice! I made some similar ones for my machine last year.

IMG_8285 (resized).JPGIMG_8285 (resized).JPG
#9071 3 years ago

The art blades are all over eBay and other pinball sites...

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put 2 layers on metallica, no more rattle!

wouldn't that be the backglass and not the pf glass?

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deadpool was my first and favourite game.
Until i got Attack From Mars.

Honestly afm is simplicity personified yet perfected. I love deadpool, but if I had to pick one.... afm.

#9074 3 years ago

I’d pick DP 100/100 times over afm

#9075 3 years ago

These are the first edition art blades

9BFAE6CD-6F11-4F91-A1A0-24A7EC16ACCD (resized).jpeg9BFAE6CD-6F11-4F91-A1A0-24A7EC16ACCD (resized).jpeg
#9076 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image]

Oh never saw those before. Wonder why they changed em?

#9077 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image]

Aren’t those the LE art blades?

#9078 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image]

I am 95% sure those aren't "first edition", but rather the LE blades, which you will not get other than buying an LE.

#9079 3 years ago

Yup those are LE blades

#9080 3 years ago

Installing the mod couple hellhouse mod, and can’t figure out where to connect the alligator clips to. Located the red LED but don’t see where alligator clips can attach. Can anyone provide a pic?

Thanks in advance.

#9081 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am 95% sure those aren't "first edition", but rather the LE blades, which you will not get other than buying an LE.

can you order the LE blades from stern?

#9082 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

can you order the LE blades from stern?

No, unless you own an LE and damage them which could be a work around for someone who wants to work the system. they would need to be in stock but not sure if they are.

Le art is limited to Les . I haven’t seen them sell them on the website unless I missed it

#9083 3 years ago

We are back y'all! This has been the longest week ever without Pinside.

#9084 3 years ago

Yes! Good to have you back robin And fwiw, I prefer the art blades from @tiltgraphics.

#9085 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Installing the mod couple hellhouse mod, and can’t figure out where to connect the alligator clips to. Located the red LED but don’t see where alligator clips can attach. Can anyone provide a pic?
Thanks in advance.

Next to the scoop mechanism on the underside of the playfield there's a dedicated led light that illuminates the scoop. You have to cut away some of the shrink wrap off the connections to that light and clip the alligators there. Red to red, black to black. I can take a pic for you tomorrow if you still can't figure it out.

#9086 3 years ago

I installed an anti lean bracket on the snikt target, and this is the position where it ends up. The thicker part of the target does not touch the ball guide but the thinner part can. Is this an okay position, or does the target need to be moved forward more? It seems like I'm getting a lot of shots that hit the target but don't make it up the ramp. I've read the key posts related to the target but I'm not sure how far forward it really needs to be.

IMG_20210411_204313912.jpgIMG_20210411_204313912.jpg
#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I installed an anti lean bracket on the snikt target, and this is the position where it ends up. The thicker part of the target does not touch the ball guide but the thinner part can. Is this an okay position, or does the target need to be moved forward more?

That looks perfect to me. Mine sits in the exact same position but it had previously shifted towards the spinner so that the fat part was hitting the ball guide which was causing problems.

Pitch, flipper alignment and strength are also going to play a part in making the Snikt shot. It is not easy!

#9088 3 years ago

I installed an anti lean bracket on the snikt target, and this is the position where it ends up. The thicker part of the target does not touch the ball guide but the thinner part can. Is this an okay position, or does the target need to be moved forward more? It seems like I'm getting a lot of shots that hit the target but don't make it up the ramp. I've read the key posts related to the target but I'm not sure how far forward it really needs to be.
[quoted image]

Mine is in very similar position. Just make sure that the target hitting the guide doesn't prevent the switch from activating. I trimmed the small lip that extends to the rear of the target where it hits the guide, just to make sure.

I have about ~3000 plays on mine since the change. Works great and nearly eliminates the lean.

#9089 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Mine doesn't touch it at all. I believe somewhere earlier in the thread Stern confirmed it isn't supposed to make any contact with the guide.

20200411_152818 (resized).jpg20200411_152818 (resized).jpg
#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You will need to eventually get a Cliffy scoop hole protector as the Stern one is shit and will split on both sides and cause rejects! Just call or email him and ask for this part.
Cliffy's Passion For Pinball www.passionforpinball.com

I get my fair share of rejects at the scoop with the stock version. How hard is the Cliffy one to install? I've done a few of his shooter lane installs before...so how does this compare?

#9091 3 years ago

Got my deposit in for a Prem...can't wait!

#9092 3 years ago

I installed an anti lean bracket on the snikt target, and this is the position where it ends up.

Here's the picture of how it should look, according to George Gomez:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/92#post-5300308

#9093 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. I used a 3d-printed bracket that seemed to have a good tight fit, and the target still moved just enough that the thick part would hit the ball guide, after just a few games.

Mine seems to be right in between these two, which seems like it's not good enough. I was hoping to avoid drilling new holes!

#9094 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the replies. I used a 3d-printed bracket that seemed to have a good tight fit, and the target still moved just enough that the thick part would hit the ball guide, after just a few games.

Mine seems to be right in between these two, which seems like it's not good enough. I was hoping to avoid drilling new holes!

I had zero luck with the 3D printed bracket, but the Anti-Sway bracket from Pinbal Life works well.

#9095 3 years ago

Mine doesn't hit the guide either... trimmed the back lip to make sure it doesn't. Stock holes using the anti-sway bracket, puts it slightly towards the rear more than "recommended", but that's exactly where it sat from the factory, until it leaned over further up the playfield before the ant-sway bracket. Seems to work fine there, very difficult shot, but makeable.

IMG_0459[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0459[1] (resized).JPG
#9096 3 years ago

Fun stuck ball on ninja multiball yesterday... I sent one ball around the left orbit with pace and pretty much immediately after sent one around the right orbit, they collided and one flew over the lift ramp and got stuck.

176D4243-4C0D-41F9-8FCD-F62D19964FF8 (resized).jpeg176D4243-4C0D-41F9-8FCD-F62D19964FF8 (resized).jpeg
#9097 3 years ago

Just got my NIB Pro last weekend, loving this game so far. Curious if the game needs a plastic protector set, I see the washers under the slings, anyone getting broken plastics on this machine? 60 games in and I haven't had any real air balls yet. This one is gonna be in the collection for awhile, so I wanna take care of it. Also any recommended mods for the Pro (already have the sub out).

#9098 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Just got my NIB Pro last weekend, loving this game so far. Curious if the game needs a plastic protector set, I see the washers under the slings, anyone getting broken plastics on this machine? 60 games in and I haven't had any real air balls yet. This one is gonna be in the collection for awhile, so I wanna take care of it. Also any recommended mods for the Pro (already have the sub out).

The protectors I make are more for looks (they are functional but just add that extra touch). I wouldn’t say they are needed. The plastic over the left ramp is in much more danger. I make a metal mod for there. Tons of ways to mod DP out. It’s an awesome game.

#9099 3 years ago

Deadpool pro right orbit shot seems clunky. Does anybody else feel the same? I am curious if anyone has any advice on how to tune this shot or if there are any mods that might make this shot a bit smoother. Seems like the right orbit shot could use a little help.

#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Also any recommended mods for the Pro (already have the sub out).

Ball Guide and Ramp Washers to protect the playfield
- Katana ball guide behind Lil Deadpool can wear into the clear and chip under the front blue bumper
- Wolverine ball guide behind the spinner. This can also wear into the clear
- Left ramp, the bumpers take a beating here and the straight edges of the ramp can eat into the clear

Comet LED kit with spotlights
- the warmer whites help the art on the plastics pop a bit better. It also removes all of the red LEDs
- Spotlights really brighten the middle of the playfield which can be dark depending on how well lit your room and this machine are

Mezel Mod Katana Handle
- purely cosmetic but the "braiding" on this looks nice. I feel it is a tad chunky but it looks nice and is simple to install

New Balls
- the Stern factory balls are not great. Smoother balls will track less dirt around the playfield.

Shooter Lane Protector
- personal preference. At the very least turn down the eject strength, it is cranked pretty high out of the box.

Hellhouse Scoop Protector
- it comes with a thin one but this can bend easily and cause rejects. Cliffy makes a wider one that some people seem to prefer.

Ball guide and left ramp washers are the biggies if you want to protect the playfield. You may not have issues with them but if you search this thread you will find many many people who have experienced some damage to their playfields because of this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/182?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.