(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 326.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, make sure the switch isn't always closed.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

It is unlikely that a leaf switch would be "bad" on a new game. It would likely be adjustment or continuity.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

are you sure the switch isn't just closed shut?

Thanks for the help guys. You were all correct the switch does work. I can see visually that the switch is not stuck closed. So back to square one. Going to order the anti sway part from pbl and see if that solves my problems. Before that comes in I may try to loosen under the playfield and see if it can be moved to the right, but without loosening anything the target does not budge from the top.

#8952 3 years ago

I believe I was able to fix the issue by loosening the screws holding the switch to the mount(not the screws mounting the entire thing to the playfield) and readjusting to the right. Now I just have to hit the damn shot so I can make sure it works. Pressure is on. Thanks for the help guys!

#8953 3 years ago

Take the glass off and start a game with the coin door closed, then start throwing balls up there and catching them with the other hand.

Next time you have to test a switch (look at me giving technical advice ) ) use a ball to do it. Works different to a finger.

#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Next time you have to test a switch (look at me giving technical advice ) ) use a ball to do it. Works different to a finger.

Thanks I will keep that in mind!

I am in business! Landed the shot about 5 times and all is in working order! I can finally get multipliers thanks to the help here. Thanks everyone who pitched in!

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

I am in business! Landed the shot about 5 times and all is in working order! I can finally get multipliers thanks to the help here. Thanks everyone who pitched in!

Wow man, awesome, congrats!

#8956 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Good work man. This is actually a great way to learn about the inner workings of your game and will help you in the future. These things need adjustments and fixes from time to time. Its part of owning them. Don't be surprised when you bring home some non-functioning game in the future with the goals of bringing it back to life.

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Awesome.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good work man. This is actually a great way to learn about the inner workings of your game and will help you in the future. These things need adjustments and fixes from time to time. Its part of owning them. Don't be surprised when you bring home some non-functioning game in the future with the goals of bringing it back to life.

This 110%. Get yourself a soldering iron, a set of nut drivers and a willingness to dive in. It's oddly satisfying to fix issues as they crop up, and bringing a non working machine back to life even moreso.

#8958 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Was super nervous about it, but having a machine to familiarize myself with is one of my favorite parts of ownership so far!!

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Awesome.

This 110%. Get yourself a soldering iron, a set of nut drivers and a willingness to dive in. It's oddly satisfying to fix issues as they crop up, and bringing a non working machine back to life even moreso.

Yeah I believe I am going to look into getting a better soldering iron before I have to solder on this thing. My entire soldering career is replacing batteries on gameboy games, so I need to get some practice in.

#8959 3 years ago

It's oddly satisfying to fix issues as they crop up, and bringing a non working machine back to life even more so.

Could not agree more

IMG_2667 (resized).JPGIMG_2667 (resized).JPG
#8960 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Was super nervous about it, but having a machine to familiarize myself with is one of my favorite parts of ownership so far!!

Yeah I believe I am going to look into getting a better soldering iron before I have to solder on this thing. My entire soldering career is replacing batteries on gameboy games, so I need to get some practice in.

Get yourself a Weller soldering station w temp control. That should be better than what you have.

#8961 3 years ago

Today I join the DEADPOOL owners club. I still have to do the final level and pick up the trash.

dp1 (resized).jpgdp1 (resized).jpg
#8962 3 years ago

Congrats, you'll love it.

But I can see it fading even in a still picture.

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Congrats, you'll love it.
But I can see it fading even in a still picture.

Exactly. Get it the hell out of that sunny room!!!

#8964 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Today I join the DEADPOOL owners club. I still have to do the final level and pick up the trash.
[quoted image]

I never pick up that NIB trash til I’m about 200 plays in. My wife hates it!

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Get yourself a Weller soldering station w temp control. That should be better than what you have.

Thanks for the recommendation. This one I have is just the cheapest one at Lowes, so I do not plan on using it on something so expensive!

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Thanks for the recommendation. This one I have is just the cheapest one at Lowes, so I do not plan on using it on something so expensive!

When I got my first machine I bought the cheapest (or thereabouts) soldering iron I could find at Menards. I made do with it for a few years cause I didn't really solder that often and just talked myself out of buying something nicer.

Bought and more or less top to bottom shopped out a Jacks Open last year and while doing it, finally spent the $100 or on a decent Hakko temp controlled iron. I really wish I hadn't waited. It's a night and day difference and 100% worth the extra money.

#8967 3 years ago

My new game arrived yesterday. Disco ball mod, mirror blades, plastic and playfield protectors, shaker motor, ninja balls installed.

877B58F2-B89A-47C9-9768-A1868C222C6E (resized).jpeg877B58F2-B89A-47C9-9768-A1868C222C6E (resized).jpeg
#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from Jivy07:

My new game arrived yesterday. Disco ball mod, mirror blades, plastic and playfield protectors, shaker motor, ninja balls installed.
[quoted image]

Do the Mirror Blades help bring some added light to the middle of your playfield ?

Im still on the fence.

#8969 3 years ago

I joined the club last week!

So far, added Flipper Fidelity LE conversion speaker kit, Polk PSW10, shaker, side art, plastic protectors, titan rings, warm leds (around the red and yellow artwork), spotlights, flipper decals, warm trough light strip, ninja star pop bumper caps, and washers under the lock ramp guide (as it has been mentioned that it can damage the playfield without the washers).

This game is just ridiculously fun! The music... the callouts... the satisfying shots... the entire package!

PXL_20210323_001230435 (resized).jpgPXL_20210323_001230435 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_195757675 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_195757675 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_185251034 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_185251034 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_185329510 (resized).jpgPXL_20210320_185329510 (resized).jpg

#8970 3 years ago

Anybody add Spotloghts to their's?

#8971 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I did. I needed them because my gameroom is dimly lit. See my above post for pics.

#8972 3 years ago

Mine has spotlights, trough lights AND pinstadiums. Darkest pinball out in the center section that i look at.

In saying that, i never would have spent the stupid money on stupid pinstadiums if i'd seen the spotlight/trough light kit back when i bought mine.

#8973 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I build “poor man” stadium lights for all my machines. DP definitely needed it.

00FC8F06-9F7A-4143-A3C3-685FD4DD7E56 (resized).jpeg00FC8F06-9F7A-4143-A3C3-685FD4DD7E56 (resized).jpeg

A1DCF4B7-D8BF-4891-9E36-FFF40B7790C4 (resized).jpegA1DCF4B7-D8BF-4891-9E36-FFF40B7790C4 (resized).jpeg
#8974 3 years ago

Anyone taking delivery of Premiums yet? Seeing lots of new Pros, just wondering when the Premiums will start arriving...

#8975 3 years ago

I just played a game that was so bad, that apparently Lil Deadpool couldn't bear to go on.... Hahaha!

PXL_20210325_224550312 (resized).jpgPXL_20210325_224550312 (resized).jpg
#8976 3 years ago

Deadpool has taken its place next to my favorite. Awesome fun game. Thanks everyone here for all your advice on mods, game play and fixes. Led Zep premium arrives Monday to take its place next to Aerosmith. Wife says I’m done. She’s probably right... it’s cheaper to keep her!!

B364B87C-58A1-4700-B6F4-7661BA9FCF91 (resized).jpegB364B87C-58A1-4700-B6F4-7661BA9FCF91 (resized).jpeg
#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone taking delivery of Premiums yet? Seeing lots of new Pros, just wondering when the Premiums will start arriving...

April. Still April.

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

Do the Mirror Blades help bring some added light to the middle of your playfield ?
Im still on the fence.

Some. But not a lot

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

A spotlight on each sling with a Comet "Opmax" bulb will light the middle of the playfield nicely. You generally will have to do the "electrical tape mod" by putting some electrical tape under the bulb wires and then bend the wires back into place or the bulbs will eventually (generally pretty quickly) fall out of the sockets. They still might fall out using the tape from all of the vibration of the slings...

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

A spotlight on each sling with a Comet "Opmax" bulb will light the middle of the playfield nicely. You generally will have to do the "electrical tape mod" by putting some electrical tape under the bulb wires and then bend the wires back into place or the bulbs will eventually (generally pretty quickly) fall out of the sockets. They still might fall out using the tape from all of the vibration of the slings...

Is the comet kit w the spotlights need that tape mod?

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Is the comet kit w the spotlights need that tape mod?

It's just the nature of the 555 wedge base light that it can slide out of the socket if in a high vibration area. You don't "need" the tape (others may have other recommendations to keep the bulbs in place: 2-sided carpet tape, silicone, etc...), but my experience is that they will fall out at some point if just inserted as-is. If you clean your playfield regularly you can make a habit of pushing them in each time you have the glass off and see if that works for you. It can be very frustrating though to be in the middle of a game and have the bulb drop out onto the playfield.

#8984 3 years ago

An ominous post from the Star Wars thread for those of us awaiting DP Premiums.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/211#post-6207047

Quoted from crujones4life:

Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.

However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.

No idea where this leaves DP premiums on the schedule. I know "April" didn't mean April 1st, but that makes it sound a ways off.

#8985 3 years ago

An ominous post from the Star Wars thread for those of us awaiting DP Premiums.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/211#post-6207047

No idea where this leaves DP premiums on the schedule. I know "April" didn't mean April 1st, but that makes it sound a ways off.

My Pro was built March 10, Brought it home last Tuesday

DSCN3819 (resized).JPGDSCN3819 (resized).JPG
#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

My Pro was built March 10, Brought it home last Tuesday[quoted image]

Yowza, that's a lot of sunlight for a pinball room

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yowza, that's a lot of sunlight for a pinball room

It's ok. He's in Michigan. They get maybe one sunny day per week. Just kidding...gotta get some drapes or pinball covers.

#8988 3 years ago

New owner PSA: check under your left ramp

#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

New owner PSA: check under your left ramp

...... for?

#8990 3 years ago

Over tightening

#8991 3 years ago

1 Billion on AIQ and then 2.4 billion on Deadpool. Fun night on almost back to back games!

IMG_E0382 (resized).JPGIMG_E0382 (resized).JPG
#8992 3 years ago

Ended up having to put washers/Mylar under the Katana entrance, left ramp, Wolverine orbit, and under the chimichanga truck. New pro run is certainly not immune. Caught it early and looks good and is bullet proofed before any real damage was done, left unattended is a recipe for disaster in all those areas for sure .

#8993 3 years ago

Mines unattended and completely disaster free.

download (9) (resized).jpgdownload (9) (resized).jpg

#8994 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mines unattended and completely disaster free.
[quoted image]

Hey man, everyones different.

I got mine in December and it was 1 year old second hand. My ramp had rubbed enough there was debris from the metal scraping back and forth on clearcoat, spent 20 minutes of my life back then getting it set, now it's all good.

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey man, everyones different.

Good to see I've communicated my point.

#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:Mines unattended and completely disaster free.
[quoted image]

I bet 24 beers a day makes playfields look amazing.

#8997 3 years ago

I have a Prem on order, and finally was able to play for the first time today. Loved it! Even nailed the Katana shot a few times. I'm going to get a lot of hours on this machine!

#8998 3 years ago

Anyone's Hell house break at the scoop. Looks like the scoop is welded to the bracket and the weld snapped. I might try to drill the weld holes out and add screws, but it has to be smooth or it'll interfere with the ball coming out of eject.

11024 (resized).jpeg11024 (resized).jpeg
#8999 3 years ago

my DP Premium is having intermittent issue with some of the lights. the top lane lights and the EB light between the flippers do not come on when i plunge the ball (skill shot and ball save) and also do not test well during single light test. which is weird is that they work find in "ALL lights" test or if several top lanes are on during play and i switch them around...

It also progressively gets better after several games... I tried pushing all the cables for those node board but it didn't seem to do much. The game is on the latest code and was working fine before, any thoughts?

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I bet 24 beers a day makes playfields look amazing.

Yes, you are right, of course.

I must have no idea if my playfield is damaged or not because i drink beer in the afternoons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.