(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,262 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Esoteric_rt
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 326.
#8901 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Colossus jackpot shot... are you supposed to hit that from the mini orbit? Seems like it doesn’t get enough speed to hit it?

Yes. That’s the only way. You’ll be surprised how often you hit it. I have my pitch at 7.1

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Colossus jackpot shot... are you supposed to hit that from the mini orbit? Seems like it doesn’t get enough speed to hit it?

Yes. Toughest shot in the game. No room for error, has to be a 100% clean shot.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

If you watch newer ones they praise the game, and that shot. I’m not talking shit, just stating facts. I actually told Zach he should give it another shot as I didn’t agree with their review even back then. Deadpool rocks. I knew it in 2018, and will finally be a member soon damn it.
Been drinking since 3. Happy at patty’s day-yeh!

You are spot on - I just wanted their "review of reviews" episode and they totally came around and could not say enough great things about it. Looking forward to getting my Premium next month!

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Yes. Toughest shot in the game. No room for error, has to be a 100% clean shot.

Ahh yes. Just realized I’ve been hitting it but it’s lightning fast so I thought it was bouncing off something. I thought every shot dribbled around the orbit but nope! What a sweet shot!

#8905 3 years ago

Ordered the GI comet lighting upgrade kit for DP Pro. Looking for suggestions for good mirror blades and speaker light kits? (Already have cliffys and plastic protectors on the way)

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Ordered the GI comet lighting upgrade kit for DP Pro. Looking for suggestions for good mirror blades and speaker light kits? (Already have cliffys and plastic protectors on the way)

Did you install Shaker Motor???
I’m in the fence.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

I’m in the fence.

Yep!~ Picked it up for 100 when I picked up my machine. Totally worth it. I don't usually go crazy on Playfield mods, but I tend to add mirrors, LED upgrades, plastic protectors, cliffys, shakers to most machines.

#8908 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

I’m in the fence.

Here's my recommendations:

Laseriffic / Cointaker mirror blades (I have them on other games, but went with the Stern art blades on my DP.)

The Deluxe kit from Speakerlightkits.com

Spike 2 Shaker from Pinball life. Excellent use of shaker in DP!

#8909 3 years ago

Shaker is really good on Deadpool. They don't just crank it full bore at random times. Love it during Mechsuit especially.

#8910 3 years ago

Oh, and I also recommend the "light brackets" from Pinmonk as these look great on Deadpool and remove all of the white lights at the bottom of the playfield for much better color integration.

You can also make your own using color gels...

IMG_8751a (resized).jpgIMG_8751a (resized).jpg
#8911 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh, and I also recommend the "light brackets" from Pinmonk as these look great on Deadpool and remove all of the white lights at the bottom of the playfield for much better color integration.
You can also make your own using color gels...[quoted image]

Ooh I have the pinmonk ones on my X-Men LE. I'll probably get them for the villian modes and pf multiplier, don't know if I need them on the boom though

#8912 3 years ago

I also recommend Pinmonk light brackets. I only did the villains because using white inserts on the playfield and colors on the backboard seems goofy.

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, transfer the foam over or use another piece. Pinball Life sells the foam pieces or if you have some foam tape or something similar it will work as well.

Thank you. I have replacement pads as well...just wanted to make sure it wouldn't deaden the switch.

#8914 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes, you can loop around and hit the target when the ball exits. It's not easy, but do-able.

#8915 3 years ago

Vaccine some unused Cliffys for Deadpool.

PM if interested.

Can ship anywhere in Canada and the US.

PXL_20210321_204218752 (resized).jpgPXL_20210321_204218752 (resized).jpg
#8916 3 years ago

First time pin owner. Just got my deadpool pro in last week. After about 200 games I have yet to see any multiplier lights on in game. I originally thought I was not able to make the snikt shot because I had not leveled the table correctly yet, but now I am trying to get the switch to actuate at all. I have the glass off and have tried to roll balls at the target just to see if I can get it to work. I am very new to pinball but with glass off during game should this switch activate from my finger? I have explored through the diag menu looking for a way to test it, but maybe I am just looking in the wrong spot being a noob? Thanks for any help y'all. Be gentle I am only trying to help keep this hobby alive

#8917 3 years ago

The snickt target has to be hit first , then the switch on the left ramp.

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

The snickt target has to be hit first , then the switch on the left ramp.

So if I tap the snikt target and wave my finger in front of the optical behind the plastic Colossus figure it should recognize that as a snikt shot?

Thanks for the reply

#8919 3 years ago

After looking at the pinned Post #4571 I am worried I may be dealing with this. Can someone who has dealt with it tell me if the snikt target should be touching the Wolvernine ball guide at all? There is room for play in mine but it is hitting the metal guide, and visually it is easy to tell it is keeping the target from pushing evenly.

20210321_164342 (resized).jpg20210321_164342 (resized).jpg20210321_164345 (resized).jpg20210321_164345 (resized).jpg20210321_164407 (resized).jpg20210321_164407 (resized).jpg
#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

After looking at the pinned Post #4571 I am worried I may be dealing with this. Can someone who has dealt with it tell me if the snikt target should be touching the Wolvernine ball guide at all? There is room for play in mine but it is hitting the metal guide, and visually it is easy to tell it is keeping the target from pushing evenly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The answer: (no)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/92#post-5300308

The fix:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Edit - looking at your picture closer - doesn't seem bad to me at all.

#8921 3 years ago

Thanks!! I was looking at those pictures from earlier in the thread, and their example for wrong seems way more out of place. But to be clear the question you were answering was that it should not be making contact with that guide at all, correct?

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Thanks!! I was looking at those pictures from earlier in the thread, and their example for wrong seems way more out of place. But to be clear the question you were answering was that it should not be making contact with that guide at all, correct?

I really only know what's in that post, but that's from the mouth of George Gomez, so I assume it's right. It should prevent you from hitting the rail directly, but not be in contact with it.

Back to your earlier post though - I think you're understanding it, but hitting the snikt target alone doesn't register the playfield multipliers. You need to hit it and have the ball bounce off and up the ramp, triggering a 2nd switch/opto. Basically hitting them both in rapid succession.

#8923 3 years ago

When you test the target and opto, the opto has to be triggered VERY closely after the target. Within under a second for sure

#8924 3 years ago

Have you actually made the snikt shot during a game? It’s not an easy shot, it’s like 1/10. I needs to be hard or the game would be too easy and the feature useless

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

When you test the target and opto, the opto has to be triggered VERY closely after the target. Within under a second for sure

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Back to your earlier post though - I think you're understanding it, but hitting the snikt target alone doesn't register the playfield multipliers. You need to hit it and have the ball bounce off and up the ramp, triggering a 2nd switch/opto. Basically hitting them both in rapid succession.

I am new but that is how I tested it, and I used several different intervals between the two switches. No luck. I think it is safe to assume the button not clearing the guide is my issue. When I tap the target it just isn't registering.

#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you actually made the snikt shot during a game? It’s not an easy shot, it’s like 1/10. I needs to be hard or the game would be too easy and the feature useless

Yeah I was having trouble with it at first, but I can hit the shot somewhat consistently now. The ricochet still works, but I have never seen SNIKT on the LCD, never seen any of the multiplier light up(the lights do work fine), and I am not sure if there is one but I have never heard any SNIKT audio or call outs.

#8927 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Yeah I was having trouble with it at first, but I can hit the shot somewhat consistently now. The ricochet still works, but I have never seen SNIKT on the LCD, never seen any of the multiplier light up(the lights do work fine), and I am not sure if there is one but I have never heard any SNIKT audio or call outs.

When you hit the target it will make a metallic sound effect, like Wolverines claws.

The position of your target looks fine. Go into switch test mode and test the switch with your finger.

You will have to close the coin door or pull the white interlock switch out to allow voltage to the playfield.

#8928 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

When you hit the target it will make a metallic sound effect, like Wolverines claws.

Yep I have the glass back on and just hit the shot again, so I know for sure I am not getting the audio cue

Quoted from awesome1:

The position of your target looks fine. Go into switch test mode and test the switch with your finger.
You will have to close the coin door or pull the white interlock switch out to allow voltage to the playfield.

Tried this earlier with the glass off and will try again later. I was worried that I was testing incorrectly, but I was doing exactly what you just recommended.

Will get some better photos of the switch trying to activate when I have the glass off later.

#8929 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Yep I have the glass back on and just hit the shot again, so I know for sure I am not getting the audio cue

Tried this earlier with the glass off and will try again later. I was worried that I was testing incorrectly, but I was doing exactly what you just recommended.
Will get some better photos of the switch trying to activate when I have the glass off later.

If it doesn't register in switch test mode, remove the balls and lift the playfield and look at it from underneath. One of the wires may have broken off. 2 screws secure the assembly to the bottom of the playfield if you need to remove it.

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If it doesn't register in switch test mode, remove the balls and lift the playfield and look at it from underneath. One of the wires may have broken off. 2 screws secure the assembly to the bottom of the playfield if you need to remove it.

Checked the wires and made sure everything looked fastened correctly, but when I open it up later I will take photos of the underside as well

#8931 3 years ago

PS - Welcome to pinball ownership.... Ain't it grand?

#8932 3 years ago

PS - Welcome to pinball ownership.... Ain't it grand?

I am blown away how quickly I got replies!! Thank you guys for the help! Been waiting a long time to join the club, and I have spent every second of my free time playing since I got it set up. Everything I dreamed it would be and more!! Although the underside looks daunting. I am hoping to find some videos to watch when my cliffys come in.

EDIT: Shout out to Pinball Dudes in Jupiter FL for a smooth transaction! Would recommend to anyone. They shipped all the way to me in DFW no issues.

#8933 3 years ago

This game is stupid good

Such a fun layout to shoot with so much flow

Unreal music, qualifies as a music pin

Best call outs ever? I don’t care what anyone says this game is flat out hilarious

So happy with it

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This game is stupid good

Yeah I spent a lot of time playing and thinking about what the best theme/gameplay was for me and this is where I landed. I am super happy with it so far. Will be a lot happier when I can get multipliers!!

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This game is stupid good
Such a fun layout to shoot with so much flow
Unreal music, qualifies as a music pin
Best call outs ever? I don’t care what anyone says this game is flat out hilarious
So happy with it

The ninja/katana shot might be the best multiball lock shot ever. When you hit it on the fly out of the orbit or a fast inlane swoosh, it feels like hitting the hole-in-one in NGG.

#8936 3 years ago

So I got back under the playfield and confirmed all wires are attached and everything is fastened, but while I was under there I was pressing the target and while it is not moving freely I could see that it was not affecting the contacts from touching. Now I am concerned I just have a bad switch in my snikt target. Can someone confirm the following: When I am in diag and go to 'switch test' and the LCD says test any switch, it should pull up the switch info for the snikt target like when I trigger anything else(optical sensors, slingshots, etc.)

Nothing happens on the LCD when I press my snikt target. It just continues to say press any switch or whatever the message says. Is this a good indicator that I am dealing with a bad switch? Thanks for any advice

EDIT: typo

#8937 3 years ago

does anyone know if they make the ramp rubber bumper nubs in red?

#8938 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

So I got back under the playfield and confirmed all wires are attached and everything is fastened, but while I was under there I was pressing the target and while it is not moving freely I could see that it was not affecting the contacts from touching. Now I am concerned I just have a bad switch in my snikt target. Can someone confirm the following: When I am in diag and go to 'switch test' and the LCD says test any switch, it should pull up the switch info for the snikt target like when I trigger anything else(optical sensors, slingshots, etc.)
Nothing happens on the LCD when I press my snikt target. It just continues to say press any switch or whatever the message says. Is this a good indicator that I am dealing with a bad switch? Thanks for any advice

are you sure the switch isn't just closed shut?

#8939 3 years ago

Whats avg price for a nice premium these days?

#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

It is unlikely that a leaf switch would be "bad" on a new game. It would likely be adjustment or continuity. Adjustment is simply bending the blade to get the right distance. It should look like all the other target switches on the game. Continuity is much more likely if it is not registering at all in test mode while others are. Do you have any other switches not registering?

#8941 3 years ago

Arrived late to the party and the original topper was NLA so I made my homebrew DP topper. Several ZY artwork easter eggs throughout; love his style and wanted some consistency with the rest of the machine. Also made the Stern logo line up with the grenades on DP's belt.

DP_Topper (resized).jpgDP_Topper (resized).jpg
#8942 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Whats avg price for a nice premium these days?

I don’t think I’ve seen a used one pop up under 7k in a while, and they are normally gone in an instant. After 2 years of waiting for one to pop up within a days drive, I’m going nib. Perhaps more will pop up in the future? I fear they’ll put it in the vault in favor of newer titles, so im getting in now.

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I don’t think I’ve seen a used one pop up under 7k in a while, and they are normally gone in an instant. After 2 years of waiting for one to pop up within a days drive, I’m going nib. Perhaps more will pop up in the future? I fear they’ll put it in the vault in favor of newer titles, so im getting in now.

The last few I've seen here were basically stock or stock + shaker and went in the $72/7300 range pretty quickly if memory serves. Got tired of waiting for something within driving distance in no time and ordered NIB as well. Seems the days of losing $1k opening the box over for now.

***There was a really nice used prem in San Antonio about 6(?) months ago for an inexplicable $6450, but it seemed to be a crazy outlier.

#8944 3 years ago

The last few I've seen here were basically stock or stock + shaker and went in the $72/7300 range pretty quickly if memory serves. Got tired of waiting for something within driving distance in no time and ordered NIB as well. Seems the days of losing $1k opening the box over for now.
***There was a really nice used prem in San Antonio about 6(?) months ago for an inexplicable $6450, but it seemed to be a crazy outlier.

I had one pop up lil over an hour away bone stock for 74 and it sold within a day. I’ll pay the extra couple bucks and have it delivered w/ a warranty thanks. That one for 6450 is someone outta touch. Deadpool’s in any trim level hold one of the highest resale values among current production titles.

#8945 3 years ago

In. The. Mother-f'ing house!
Last delivery of the day, because, of courseLast delivery of the day, because, of course

I love boxI love box

#8946 3 years ago

Pretty sure there is a error in the 1.04 code. I have thought this for awhile. I definitely have pro version on the machine. Everything boots up with "Pro" etc. However I do have ability to play loops, a premium mode. Version 1.05 was out literally 48 hours later. Figure this was a fix for this issue. I like loops so continued to play.

Fast forward. I have recently really began to focus on the snikt shot for multipliers. Well I hit it a few times and my weapons increased like crazy. Once I had plenty of weapons I start with base playfield increased.

I have had 2 crazy games. One I hit 732 weapons and other 833. Scores were 11.6B and 13.6B. I dont see that I have changed any settings post ambien or drinks that I dont remember.

I have had games of 10M as well when I am not hitting that snikdt, but getting it started up to 3x playfield is all I needed to play really long games.

Anyone else with this problem. I want to upgrade to 1.05 but dont want to lose loops and these crazy scores are fun every now and then

#8947 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Arrived late to the party and the original topper was NLA so I made my homebrew DP topper. Several ZY artwork easter eggs throughout; love his style and wanted some consistency with the rest of the machine. Also made the Stern logo line up with the grenades on DP's belt.

[quoted image]

Nice job, looks great!

I like homebrew toppers as well!

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Yeah, make sure the switch isn't always closed. If not you can use a jumper wire to jump across the two wires to simulate the switch closing. If that still doesn't register, that would most likely indicate a bad wire connection between the board and the switch. Download the manual to see proper conncetions and trace out the wiring.

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Pretty sure there is a error in the 1.04 code. I have thought this for awhile. I definitely have pro version on the machine. Everything boots up with "Pro" etc. However I do have ability to play loops, a premium mode. Version 1.05 was out literally 48 hours later. Figure this was a fix for this issue. I like loops so continued to play.
Fast forward. I have recently really began to focus on the snikt shot for multipliers. Well I hit it a few times and my weapons increased like crazy. Once I had plenty of weapons I start with base playfield increased.
I have had 2 crazy games. One I hit 732 weapons and other 833. Scores were 11.6B and 13.6B. I dont see that I have changed any settings post ambien or drinks that I dont remember.
I have had games of 10M as well when I am not hitting that snikdt, but getting it started up to 3x playfield is all I needed to play really long games.
Anyone else with this problem. I want to upgrade to 1.05 but dont want to lose loops and these crazy scores are fun every now and then

Pretty sure you have the premium code installed. I only used 1.04 for a short time, but couldn't do disco loops on my pro.

The 1.05 was mostly song related changes, so not sure how or why the Snikt would figure into things, but who knows?

It's also possible you have "collect weapons" turned on for Mechsuit Multiball, which is off by default. I've broken 200 weapons a few times and my high score is 4.95 Billion with factory settings.

The targets are the big difference between the pro and pre/LE, so not sure how that affects weapons either.

I would recommend downloading the Pro 1.04 and trying again, but there may be something else in that code that wasn't revealed in the changes to 1.05. 1.05 works great on my machiine, other than the Lil DP frenzy high score.

#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

You are getting a Premium mode shot to register on your Pro and you don't want to lose that even though you know this is not correct. It's your machine so you can do what you like but it seems there is a fundamental problem with how the code is interacting with the shots and switches.

I don't believe Snikt should multiply weapons earned, I thought it was only a score multiplier. Is your game setup to earn weapons during Mech Suit? That is not default and could help explain how you have gotten hundreds of weapons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

There are 16,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/179?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.