(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 326.
#8801 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

March Pro people, what version of code did the game ship with?

Man I didn't even look yet, but you can stack a lot of stuff so I'd say the latest code. The date in my machine says march 11th. Talk about hot off the presses!

#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The date in my machine says march 11th. Talk about hot off the presses!

Bonkers.

#8803 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man I didn't even look yet, but you can stack a lot of stuff so I'd say the latest code. The date in my machine says march 11th. Talk about hot off the presses!

Did it come with a washer or something to lift the katana ball guide?

#8804 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did it come with a washer or something to lift the katana ball guide?

Was just about to ask the same thing.

#8805 3 years ago

Are plastic protectors needed for DP? Seems like maybe so, i’ve never used them and curious about feedback. Are these from ulek the ones to get?

Thanks!

5CC43FE1-D3A9-4A66-A056-A097D4461AED (resized).png5CC43FE1-D3A9-4A66-A056-A097D4461AED (resized).png
#8806 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Are plastic protectors needed for DP? Seems like maybe so, i’ve never used them and curious about feedback. Are these from ulek the ones to get?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Im at about 1000 plays no issues.
In fact alot of games have a clear piece under the plastic artwork, or a larger washer at the slings.

If I put in protectors its only for the look.

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I like protectors on my slings so I can ditch the metal washers. I don’t like the metal washers because it blanks out the artwork. That said, you can always use clear washers for cheap protection.

On my Metallica, I’ve broken the plastic protector on my right sling 3 times since I’ve owned it. (7 years) always during multiball

#8808 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine had these red and green protectors under the sling plastics but I thought it distorted the artwork and also made it hard to track the ball when it rolled past it. I changed them to clear protectors

#8809 3 years ago

IMO a plastic protection kit for $10 or $15 is well worth it just for the peace of mind

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Drove 7 hours from Iowa to Indiana, but picked up a nib pro on a good trade. 6 hours till I can get home and set it up, but couldnt wait to join the club!
[quoted image]

Awesome! I was gonna make a joke about offering to sell mine to you that gets delivered later today, but I know that feeling all too well. Drive 10+ hours and then like clockwork what you've been looking for pops up local the next day...

I'll race ya to a billion!

#8811 3 years ago

Also joined the club. Mine is Built march 4th 2021 and i had to update as it came with 1.04

#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Also joined the club. Mine is Built march 4th 2021 and i had to update as it came with 1.04

Odd. Mine has 1.05 on it and was made only 7 days later.

As to those asking about a washer for a katana ball guide, help me out... not sure what that is referring to?

#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Awesome! I was gonna make a joke about offering to sell mine to you that gets delivered later today, but I know that feeling all too well. Drive 10+ hours and then like clockwork what you've been looking for pops up local the next day...
I'll race ya to a billion!

Traded my williams indy for dp pro, a shaker motor, and a stack of cash. Def cant wait to dig in today!

#8814 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As to those asking about a washer for a katana ball guide, help me out... not sure what that is referring to?

The katana ramp entry ball guide. It is the piece one to the right from lil-deadpool with a skinny blue rubber square at the end. It can dig in to the clear/art on some games.

#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

IMO a plastic protection kit for $10 or $15 is well worth it just for the peace of mind

The kits that are the same size as the factory plastics are a complete waste of money though.

The plastic protector kits that are slightly bigger than the factory plastics are worth every penny.

#8816 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The katana ramp entry ball guide. It is the piece one to the right from lil-deadpool with a skinny blue rubber square at the end. It can dig in to the clear/art on some games.

Nope. No washer.

#8817 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You need to put a washer under there or it will dig into your clear. Mine is sad because the last owner didnt know about that.

Quoted from Digduglus:

Traded my williams indy for dp pro, a shaker motor, and a stack of cash. Def cant wait to dig in today!

You got the way better end of the deal! Indy isnt a terrible game, just DP is sooooo much better! Congrats!

#8818 3 years ago

Just don’t order your plastic protectors from Pinbits, they are closed and will not respond. I had to get a refund through PayPal

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

You need to put a washer under there or it will dig into your clear. Mine is sad because the last owner didnt know about that.

You got the way better end of the deal! Indy isnt a terrible game, just DP is sooooo much better! Congrats!

also put one under the wall behind the wolverine spinner (center spinner) to the left of the rollover lanes up top
(See my post and pictures)

#8820 3 years ago

MEMBER CARD DELIVERED

637708753 (resized).jpg637708753 (resized).jpg
#8821 3 years ago

Premium incoming!

Does anyone have the stern artblades installed on their game?

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Premium incoming!
Does anyone have the stern artblades installed on their game?

hah... I have the the stern blades sitting on my basement bar waiting for my premium to be built... doubt that helps though.

#8823 3 years ago

Fully prepared and planning to fix the katana ramp (as well as near the Wolverine spinner, left ramp etc.) myself, but kinda pathetic that they're doing another run and still haven't addressed the issues.

Can anyone with a new pro check to see if they've put the anti-sway bracket on the Snikt target? Things seemed a bit inconclusive the last time I checked posts for that.

#8824 3 years ago

She's in! Fast and brutal. Built 6 days ago. Only a shaker motor so far

20210317_162923 (resized).jpg20210317_162923 (resized).jpg

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

She's in! Fast and brutal. Only a shaker motor so far
[quoted image]

Yes i caught the cardboard holder immediately AFTER i uploaded the pic

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Yes i caught the cardboard holder immediately AFTER i uploaded the pic

The game is awesome as it sits, don't need anything other than a shaker motor imo! Enjoy it, great game!

#8827 3 years ago

Can someone please list or provide links to all the "fixes" needed for the game before I play the first ball? I have a playfield protector and all the cliffys ready and waiting . For the Katana ramp wear , has Stern not provided an installed fix for this is the March Pro run? Getting a premium in April , amazing game.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

also put one under the wall behind the wolverine spinner (center spinner) to the left of the rollover lanes up top
(See my post and pictures)

Also, also put a washer under the left ramp. The vibration from missing that shot can cause chipping and scraping.

#8829 3 years ago

Deadpool Pros now shipping again!

#8830 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Needed no...
My game has 27k plays no prob...

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Can someone please list or provide links to all the "fixes" needed for the game before I play the first ball? I have a playfield protector and all the cliffys ready and waiting . For the Katana ramp wear , has Stern not provided an installed fix for this is the March Pro run? Getting a premium in April , amazing game.

Katana Ball Guide
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

Left Ramp
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-nib-deadpool-and-some-maintenance-questions#post-5994826

Wolverine Ball Guide
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/144#post-5859836

I would also suggest some new balls as the stern ones aren't great.

You said you have all the Cliffys which includes a nub to go under the end of the Katana guide but I would highly suggest adding washers as it will slowly wear the clear under the entire thing. You'll see it come up as dust that settles at the base of the guide.

And not before your first ball, but depending on your lighting setup in your game room Deadpool can be pretty dang dark in the middle of the playfield. The Comet kit adds 4 spotlights and I really like the sunlight LEDs vs the ones stern provides. It also removes all of the red LEDs.

Welcome to the club (soon)!

#8832 3 years ago

So I assume anyone that hasn't fixed their ball guides has damage or what? Anyone that has NOT done this fix?

So are we putting washers under every lane guide?

#8833 3 years ago

I was watching the SDTM review from back in Sept. 2018 - they were kinda hard on what I guess is the Katana ramp that creates the ninja multi ball. Has that been addressed by Stern over the past couple years and improved? Their comments on the code I mainly dismiss assuming that like all Sterns it gets better with each update. There's also a recent Deadflip with DP - was going to watch that and see if the ramp plays smooth...

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I was watching the SDTM review from back in Sept. 2018 - they were kinda hard on what I guess is the Katana ramp that creates the ninja multi ball. Has that been addressed by Stern over the past couple years and improved? Their comments on the code I mainly dismiss assuming that like all Sterns it gets better with each update. There's also a recent Deadflip with DP - was going to watch that and see if the ramp plays smooth...</blockquote

I was watching the SDTM review from back in Sept. 2018 - they were kinda hard on what I guess is the Katana ramp that creates the ninja multi ball. Has that been addressed by Stern over the past couple years and improved? Their comments on the code I mainly dismiss assuming that like all Sterns it gets better with each update. There's also a recent Deadflip with DP - was going to watch that and see if the ramp plays smooth...

Mine plays smooth and it's an original run

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Mine plays smooth and it's an original run

It looks amazing, and I plan to pick up a Premium in April...

#8836 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I was watching the SDTM review from back in Sept. 2018 - they were kinda hard on what I guess is the Katana ramp that creates the ninja multi ball.

If you watch newer ones they praise the game, and that shot. I’m not talking shit, just stating facts. I actually told Zach he should give it another shot as I didn’t agree with their review even back then. Deadpool rocks. I knew it in 2018, and will finally be a member soon damn it.
Been drinking since 3. Happy at patty’s day-yeh!

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

If you watch newer ones they praise the game, and that shot. I’m not talking shit, just stating facts. I actually told Zach he should give it another shot as I didn’t agree with their review even back then. Deadpool rocks. I knew it in 2018, and will finally be a member soon damn it.

Awesome - Cheers!!! Can't wait to get my Premium next month!

#8838 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

She's in! Fast and brutal

yep ! that Magneto is a very nice pin ! (i mean seriously)

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ditto. I’ve talked to Zach several times about DP since this and he will happily relay that they missed on the initial review. They are DP fans, as we all are.

#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Ditto. I’ve talked to Zach several times about DP since this and he will happily relay that they missed on the initial review. They are DP fans, as we all are.

Guys, who gives a crap what they think? What matters is that you like it. They don't like batman 66 and I think that game is amazing. Who cares?

So back to my question: who here has NOT added washers and still have a good playfield? I'm curious.

#8841 3 years ago

Picked up a NIB pro yesterday with my cousin. Born March 11, code 1.05, absolutely amazing clear coat on this one. It's shooting perfect.

#8842 3 years ago

Got my game up and running the other day, and noticed the right flipper doesnt seem to go up as high as the left one when pressed. I don't have any experience adjusting flippers, anyone know how i can attack this?

See pic below for comparison to the left flipper, which is functioning just fine.

flip (resized).pngflip (resized).png
#8843 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So back to my question: who here has NOT added washers and still have a good playfield? I'm curious.

Why risk it? Your playfield might be completely fine until it is not. Some of the damage you might not even notice until you start taking ramps and guides off.

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Got my game up and running the other day, and noticed the right flipper doesnt seem to go up as high as the left one when pressed. I don't have any experience adjusting flippers, anyone know how i can attack this?
See pic below for comparison to the left flipper, which is functioning just fine.

If you look to the left and right of the Shoot Again light you'll see a small hole drilled. You want to line up the tip of the flipper so that the hole is right in the middle.

In the photo with your right flipper up you can see the tip of your left flipper and it looks to be pretty well aligned.

You need an Allen wrench to adjust.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-adjust-flipper-angle-alignment-on-sterns

#8845 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Why risk it? Your playfield might be completely fine until it is not. Some of the damage you might not even notice until you start taking ramps and guides off.

I'm just asking. I guess I dont understand how the damage won't take place at the washers, instead. So... I'm curious.

Also, does anyone else turn the flipper way the eff down? They seem unnecessarily strong. I can't imagine that's doing those damage points any favors.

#8846 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys, who gives a crap what they think? What matters is that you like it. They dint like batman 66 and I think that game is amazing. Who cares?

Who gives a crap if others put washers on their machines? What matters is if you want them.

Damage doesn’t happen if you use washers. If you don’t want damage, add washers. It’s not a matter of if but when. I’m confident that if you don’t fix the issue in some shape or form, you will get playfield damage. Anyone who says they have no damage either hasn’t played the game much or never hits these shots.

#8847 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I was watching the SDTM review from back in Sept. 2018 - they were kinda hard on what I guess is the Katana ramp that creates the ninja multi ball. Has that been addressed by Stern over the past couple years and improved? Their comments on the code I mainly dismiss assuming

Guys, who gives a crap what they think? What matters is that you like it. They dint like batman 66 and I think that game is amazing. Who cares?

Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm just asking. I guess I dont understand how the damage won't take place at the washers, instead. So... I'm curious.
Also, does anyone else turn the flipper way the eff down? They seem unnecessarily strong. I can't imagine that's doing those damage points any favors.

Just loosen the guide from the bottom and lift it enough so you can slide a rubber washer that you cut a slice into under it. Should take a couple or minutes.

#8848 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I am not first owner of mine. It had a piece of mylar under the ball guide. Seems to have done the job just fine.

For flipper power, try out the snikt shot before you go too low on flipper power. That ricochet transition to up a ramp needs some energy. Also maybe your pitch isn't quite high enough. Remember too low of a pitch and you get a ton of slingshot and side to side action which really hampers gameplay to me.

#8849 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The washers lift the ball guides off the playfield just enough that they don't rest directly on the pf. This way, the constant pounding of the ball against the guides wont cut into the pf.

#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The washers lift the ball guides off the playfield just enough that they don't rest directly on the pf. This way, the constant pounding of the ball against the guides wont cut into the pf.

So to clarify, everywhere the guides go in, put a washer? #8?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.95
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.