(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 326.
#8751 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Stdm guys admitted they were dead wrong on their DP review. Watch their review of the reviews video. This became Greg’s like favorite game.

I *hated* Deadpool until somewhere in the mid .9x update. Before that - sucked. After that, turned a corner and just got better and better. It's a GREAT game now.

#8752 3 years ago

DP may be a great pin but let's be honest. The right orbit is the definition of clunky. The katana ramp is not frustrating but it is not consistent.

#8753 3 years ago

When you make both those shots properly neither is clunky and both are smooth, when you are off they rattle and don't complete, I chalk this up to the old adage of 'play better'. I love the artwork on the premium and think the extra drop targets, disco ball and lift ramp are worth it for the premium/le. Natural bias applied as I own a prem/LE

#8754 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

When you make both those shots properly neither is clunky and both are smooth, when you are off they rattle and don't complete, I chalk this up to the old adage of 'play better'. I love the artwork on the premium and think the extra drop targets, disco ball and lift ramp are worth it for the premium/le. Natural bias applied as I own a prem/LE

I recently bought an Le and sold my pro. Pro is good and a lot of fun. I do like the extras on the prem/le. All models I think are great choices but the flow is nice with that ramp. Adds a bit more fun to it

#8755 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m pretty set on a premium but one of the better reviews I have seen (of the pro) is from SDTM and the two concerns I have are with two of the shots.
Shot 1 - Main Concern
Second ramp on the left side that you hit from the right side... crosses the play field and then goes up the ramp. Looks like an incredible shot. They were saying this is a very very low probability shot and it’s very frustrating.
Question: has anything changed since their review in 2018? Is there a fix to this?
Shot 2 - least concern
Right orbit. Again they reference the chunky ness of the shot. Bounces around most of the time. Not smooth at all and falling back into the shooter lane sucks.
I can deal with shot 2 but I think shot 1 would drive me nuts.
Thoughts??
Thanks for your time.

Shots are fine

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ok so quick question: Got through all 3 battles tonight and expected scoop to be lit for Sauron. But Berzerker Rage was going and that seemed to override everything. Een when hitting the unlit scoop, no Sauron.
Is this intended or a bug?

Um, pretty sure this is fixed in the latest code. What version are you on?

#8757 3 years ago

My distributor just emailed that Deadpool (Pro)'s are arriving at his warehouse today.

It's a metaphorIt's a metaphor

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

My distributor just emailed that Deadpool (Pro)'s are arriving at his warehouse today.
[quoted image]

Oh man. I'm still waiting to hear from mine!!!! Damn.

#8759 3 years ago

Same... fighting the urge not to text my distributor again

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do it. And text mine while you're at it lol

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh man. I'm still waiting to hear from mine!!!! Damn.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Quoted from Doctor6:

Do it. And text mine while you're at it lol

I mean, he emailed me back after I bugged him.

#8762 3 years ago

Anybody heard an updated eta on premies?

#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Anybody heard an updated eta on premies?

"April"

#8764 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m pretty set on a premium but one of the better reviews I have seen (of the pro) is from SDTM and the two concerns I have are with two of the shots.
Shot 1 - Main Concern
Second ramp on the left side that you hit from the right side... crosses the play field and then goes up the ramp. Looks like an incredible shot. They were saying this is a very very low probability shot and it’s very frustrating.
Question: has anything changed since their review in 2018? Is there a fix to this?
Shot 2 - least concern
Right orbit. Again they reference the chunky ness of the shot. Bounces around most of the time. Not smooth at all and falling back into the shooter lane sucks.
I can deal with shot 2 but I think shot 1 would drive me nuts.
Thoughts??
Thanks for your time.

Any model of Deadpool is fantastic!

There is absolutely no clunkiness on the Katana shot (your shot 1) or low probability at all if you are making a decent shot.

The right orbit can have some clunkiness to it, but is pretty clean for the most part. I've often made 4 or 5 right orbit shots in a row.

The "Ninjapocalypse" shot - right orbit to Katana ramp is awesome and very satisfying!

I definitely recommend you play before buying as everyone has different tastes. The overall package for Deadpool is hard to beat though... the game play, game depth, art, call outs, music, lightshows, etc... all top notch!

#8765 3 years ago

If anyone has interest in parting with their DP Stern Topper, PM me.

#8766 3 years ago

The katana shot is the most satisfying shot in pinball, that is unless as stated you combo it.

Hold left flipper at plunge, hit right orbit then hit katana for super secret skill shot and 15 or 20mill. As good as pinball gets for someone of my low skill level.

#8767 3 years ago

Deadpool arrived today. Hardly had any time to play it yet but super excited to have some games. What pitch is preferred? 6.5?

IMG_20210311_184026_784 (resized).jpgIMG_20210311_184026_784 (resized).jpg
#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Deadpool arrived today. Hardly had any time to play it yet but super excited to have some games. What pitch is preferred? 6.5?
[quoted image]

Start at 6.5 and make effort to make the snikt shot. If it’s impossible I would increase the pitch a bit until it’s achievable. That’s how I dialed mine in

#8769 3 years ago

Thanks for the comments on the shots. I definitely need to play it. Sleepy offered to let me come by and give it a spin.

Thanks again.

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

DP may be a great pin but let's be honest. The right orbit is the definition of clunky. The katana ramp is not frustrating but it is not consistent.

I've been focusing on the Ninjapocalypse combo lately. It incorporates both of these shots. I try to get the first two locks that way and the third with Snikt. After the first ninja multiball, if nothing else is lit it's all Ninjapocalpyse. My record is eight. It really jacks up the bonus, especially with multipliers. I think the "clunkiness" depends on setup and practicing the shots.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for the comments on the shots. I definitely need to play it. sleepy offered to let me come by and give it a spin.
Thanks again.

I have a LE, if you’re ever in Georgetown you can drop in and play mine.
I have played pro/pre/LE, I don’t think I could do without the Disco ball or Disco modes.

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Um, pretty sure this is fixed in the latest code. What version are you on?

I'm on 1.05

#8773 3 years ago

Update for those waiting on the March Deadpool pros.

I spoke to Melissa at Cointaker. I can only speak of mine, but my order has been directed to their Chicago warehouse and will be shipping from there on Monday. So we are getting close.

#8774 3 years ago

I have a premium I might trade if anyone doesnt want to wait for a NIB.

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Update for those waiting on the March Deadpool pros.
I spoke to Melissa at Cointaker. I can only speak of mine, but my order has been directed to their Chicago warehouse and will be shipping from there on Monday. So we are getting close.

Did she call you ?

#8776 3 years ago

Just heard from my distributor
In South Florida
Mine is being delivered
To the house
Tomorrow 3-13-21
Katana time!!!!

#8777 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did she call you ?

Nope. I bugged her.

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I have a LE, if you’re ever in Georgetown you can drop in and play mine.
I have played pro/pre/LE, I don’t think I could do without the Disco ball or Disco modes.

Thanks for the offer!!! I may take you up on that.

#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't worry DP, pinwoofer Dan's got your balls cupped;
[quoted image]

So, how do you like the pin woofer setup? Worth the money?

#8780 3 years ago

Need a flipper alignment check, please. Looks a slight bit low to me, just not sure what it should be?

69EFD9DF-9822-40AC-B5CE-320F6F36CD7E (resized).jpeg69EFD9DF-9822-40AC-B5CE-320F6F36CD7E (resized).jpeg
#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So, how do you like the pin woofer setup? Worth the money?

Haven't attempted the install yet, waiting on a mate to help me.

#8782 3 years ago

Had a handful games so far on my new DP. Really enjoying it, game is bonkers. Couple of things. The three items that tally up after you drain;

Chimichangas - collect these to start T-rex and Megaldon quests? Anything else that they do?

Ninja Stars - appear as blue lights on different shots after the ball has been in the pops. Collecting these makes ninja multiball more valuable? Why is the tally at ball end relevant?

Weapons - the small white inserts? Collected at the scoop unless you drain, count towards a multiball?

Does that sound about right? Do these items do other things that I've missed?

Next question. The shnikt target. Firstly, what angle is best for this target to make the deflected shot up the Kitana ramp easiest? How is yours set? Would love to see pics.

When that shot is hit the multiplier inserts by the flipper lights 2x for a certain time. If I hit the shot multiple times I take it I can increase the multiplier up to 5x. Is there any other way to light those multipliers?

Thanks for reading all that and any help is much appreciated.

#8783 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Need a flipper alignment check, please. Looks a slight bit low to me, just not sure what it should be?
[quoted image]

DP (and Stern in general) tend to have lower flippers. Just make sure the center of the tip is pointed directly at the dimple/hole in the playfield and you are solid.

#8784 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Had a handful games so far on my new DP. Really enjoying it, game is bonkers. Couple of things. The three items that tally up after you drain;
Chimichangas - collect these to start T-rex and Megaldon quests? Anything else that they do?
Ninja Stars - appear as blue lights on different shots after the ball has been in the pops. Collecting these makes ninja multiball more valuable? Why is the tally at ball end relevant?
Weapons - the small white inserts? Collected at the scoop unless you drain, count towards a multiball?
Next question. The shnikt target. Firstly, what angle is best for this target to make the deflected shot up the Kitana ramp easiest? How is yours set? Would love to see pics.
When that shot is hit the multiplier inserts by the flipper lights 2x for a certain time. If I hit the shot multiple times I take it I can increase the multiplier up to 5x. Is there any other way to light those multipliers?

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#8785 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

DP (and Stern in general) tend to have lower flippers. Just make sure the center of the tip is pointed directly at the dimple/hole in the playfield and you are solid.

Ok perfect I was thinking there was a visual hint in the playfield but couldn’t remember if that was it. Thank you!

#8786 3 years ago

Are stern running Deadpool premiums this week or next?

#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Yep, 3 chimichangas needed to get a quest going. Only other thing that I know that they do is the tally after ball drain.

AFAIK, collecting ninjas does not make ninja multiball more valuable. But if you collect enough ninjas (I believe that is 50, by default) then can get extra ball with scoop shot. As with chimis and weapons, the # of ninjas collected adds to the tally after ball drain.

Weapons do count towards Mechsuit multiball (45 is the default, then again at 150). 100 weapons will get you permanent 2X. This way is the only other way that I know of that increases the playfield multiplier other than the snikt shot.

Enjoy the game. It is a blast. Some shots and combos always bring a smile to my face...snikt shots and ninjapocolypses are totally awesome!!

#8788 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are stern running Deadpool premiums this week or next?

Next month man. It has been said about 3 or 4 times in the last 50 posts or so.

#8789 3 years ago

Any premium owners done a red powdercoat on their games?

#8791 3 years ago

So has anyone brought out a mod which drops in Deadpool quotes by Ryan Reynolds?

#8792 3 years ago

have you guys gotten calls from your distributors about the march pros?

#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Better. Paid in full and was scheduled for delivery today.

Then...blizzard in Colorado over the weekend.

Then...me:

Why?!?!?!?Why?!?!?!?

#8794 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

So has anyone brought out a mod which drops in Deadpool quotes by Ryan Reynolds?

I don't think so, that'd be a ton of work though

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Crazy talk.

The callouts are one of the best things about this game.

#8796 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just got done playing mine. Came today. Super pleased with it.

Quoted from punkin:

Crazy talk.

I agree. It's the comic. Having movie quotes wouldn't make sense, plus the choice actor is fantastic (same guy that did Nathan Drake, among his many many video game gigs he has done).

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Crazy talk.

Yeah, this game is a masterpiece. Trying to shoehorn movie quotes into it would be like those news stories you see when people try to "restore" classic artwork.

botched (resized).jpgbotched (resized).jpg

#8798 3 years ago

Drove 7 hours from Iowa to Indiana, but picked up a nib pro on a good trade. 6 hours till I can get home and set it up, but couldnt wait to join the club!

20210316_172701 (resized).jpg20210316_172701 (resized).jpg
#8799 3 years ago

Mine will be here Thursday

#8800 3 years ago

March Pro people, what version of code did the game ship with?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/176?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.