(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 326.
#8501 3 years ago

Impatiently attempting to pass the time between ordering a NIB and having it come in... (Seriously - this is the worst. Kids in mid December are more patient than me right now.)

Reading tons of threads as per usual. Came across a post in someone's "I just got a DP - what should I do first?" thread and saw a post about the usual Katana ramp issue. But they also mentioned putting washers under the left ramp. That was new to me, but this picture was included.

27e8644860a3e268a28881a76dc5fb9a018eb895 (resized).jpg27e8644860a3e268a28881a76dc5fb9a018eb895 (resized).jpg

I could have missed it since there's so many, but I couldn't find a single mention of this possibility in this thread. Anyone ever see something like this? Seems confusing at first, but I assume it's from repeated ramp shots pushing it ever so slightly to the left?

Thread/post in question if you're curious:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-nib-deadpool-and-some-maintenance-questions#post-5994826

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Impatiently attempting to pass the time between ordering a NIB and having it come in... (Seriously - this is the worst. Kids in mid December are more patient than me right now.)
Reading tons of threads as per usual. Came across a post in someone's "I just got a DP - what should I do first?" thread and saw a post about the usual Katana ramp issue. But they also mentioned putting washers under the left ramp. That was new to me, but this picture was included.
[quoted image]
I could have missed it since there's so many, but I couldn't find a single mention of this possibility in this thread. Anyone ever see something like this? Seems confusing at first, but I assume it's from repeated ramp shots pushing it ever so slightly to the left?
Thread/post in question if you're curious:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-nib-deadpool-and-some-maintenance-questions#post-5994826

Looks like it’s missing the blue bumper. That’s why it’s getting bent

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Looks like it’s missing the blue bumper. That’s why it’s getting bent

I think he’s talking about the playfield chip in the orbit

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I think he’s talking about the playfield chip in the orbit

Definitely. Just weird that that photo shows clear damage and I've not heard of or seen any mention of it before.

Don't know the ramp mechanism well enough to know if washers under the ramp as that poster said is even possible, or if a little mylar would be wise.

#8505 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the Stern art blades can still be purchased? They seem to be sold out.

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Definitely. Just weird that that photo shows clear damage and I've not heard of or seen any mention of it before.
Don't know the ramp mechanism well enough to know if washers under the ramp as that poster said is even possible, or if a little mylar would be wise.

I see the damage now. I still wonder though if it could be caused by the impact of the ball hitting where the blue rubber should be and the vibration causing the damage. I’ll have to take a close look at mine to see if my ramp contacts the playfield in that area and if I have any signs of damage

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I see the damage now. I still wonder though if it could be caused by the impact of the ball hitting where the blue rubber should be and the vibration causing the damage. I’ll have to take a close look at mine to see if my ramp contacts the playfield in that area and if I have any signs of damage

That might be it. I was thinking shots from the right flipper hitting the left wall of the ramp enough times might be jolting things enough to cause scraping, but maybe it was the missing blue rubber and too many shots directly that that edge.

Probably shouldn't worry about it since I've never seen any other person mention damage there, but I think I'm just going to be paranoid about any narrow metal edge laying flush with the playfield.

#8508 3 years ago

It's worth checking.
Mine at 1000 plays

20210209_160206 (resized).jpg20210209_160206 (resized).jpg20210209_160219 (resized).jpg20210209_160219 (resized).jpg
#8509 3 years ago

My wife is going to be so confused when I tear the game apart before playing it.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

It's worth checking.
Mine at 1000 plays

Dang. I didn't notice any wear around that ramp but I also did not remove it completely. I need to pop a few of the remaining Comet LEDS in with that ramp out but I was lazy, I am now extremely motivated to do so

Thanks for sharing those photos.

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Dang. I didn't notice any wear around that ramp but I also did not remove it completely. I need to pop a few of the remaining Comet LEDS in with that ramp out but I was lazy, I am now extremely motivated to do so
Thanks for sharing those photos.

I just did all the bulbs Saturday. I did 90% of them from underside. Should have looked around while I was in there.

#8512 3 years ago

Played a few games tonight. while installing mylar under left ramp "hammock" I also put a nylon washer under the rear mount for ramp. Might be placebo effect but the colossus shot feels super smooth now.

#8513 3 years ago

Can a LE user look where are the speaker led boards are connected. I think it was cn8 , but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can a LE user look where are the speaker led boards are connected. I think it was cn8 , but I am not sure.
Thanks in advance

You are correct sir!

8E8EA897-49E9-4604-B9D6-B1D552E040D7 (resized).jpeg8E8EA897-49E9-4604-B9D6-B1D552E040D7 (resized).jpeg

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You are correct sir!
[quoted image]

Thank you !

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Make sure your sling posts are tight (as well as all the other posts in the game). Stern is notorious lately for not tightening much of anything down. I've had multiple games where posts were finger tight or worse. If your posts are wiggling around and crooked, they will launch the ball more easily. Also make sure the rubber is the right size and sitting correctly. That said, some games are just more susceptible to sling airballs than others. Usually turning the power down a few clicks helps enough, but the right angle will still launch one.

Might be Stern does that to minimise playfield clearcoat pooling and cracking around the posts, allowing it to cure over extended time without much downward pressure on the coat around the posts. Other than that, in the factory, the manufacturing pneumatic tool pressure might have been a little low that day.

#8517 3 years ago

Looking for a full clip protector set for a DP premium, and side armor if anyone has an extra set.
Thank you.

#8518 3 years ago

Has anyone heard about the timing for the next run of pros?

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone heard about the timing for the next run of pros?

I was told available March but not any specific day.

#8520 3 years ago

What about a premium run? That's what I guess I'm curious about.

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What about a premium run? That's what I guess I'm curious about.

When I first checked with a few distros I was told late April / May.

When I put a deposit down, Chris from King Pin said he had received an email from Stern on 2/1 that said April, though he made a point of stressing "Please don't assume that means it will be ready April 1st"

#8522 3 years ago

I’m hoping they put washers under the rails like jjp did w/ gnr on this next run. I should likely not hold my breath though. Hoping to snag one April....

#8523 3 years ago

Well I put down a deposit for a March run pro, here is to hoping it’s closer to February than April lol

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m hoping they put washers under the rails like jjp did w/ gnr on this next run. I should likely not hold my breath though. Hoping to snag one April....

I contacted Stern about my AIQ that is being shipped today (hopefully with the weather and all) to ask about the subway mechanism and the ball guides and needing to add the Cliffy protector or washers to protect the playfield.

I was told according to the production team, all premiums built will have all the latest updates. They said that spacers have been added to the rails and the subway lock assembly has been updated.

So I would hope that any new games for any theme will have the appropriate fixes.

#8525 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Well I put down a deposit for a March run pro, here is to hoping it’s closer to February than April lol

Wait a second, I've seen a few deadpool pros available now.

#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Where?

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Really? I get at least one or two unsolicited offers from people wanting to buy mine every month. I'd love to point them in another direction, mine isn't leaving any time soon.

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I contacted Stern about my AIQ that is being shipped today (hopefully with the weather and all) to ask about the subway mechanism and the ball guides and needing to add the Cliffy protector or washers to protect the playfield.
I was told according to the production team, all premiums built will have all the latest updates. They said that spacers have been added to the rails and the subway lock assembly has been updated.
So I would hope that any new games for any theme will have the appropriate fixes.

I’m liking the sound of that! Fingers crossed!

#8529 3 years ago

Found it, nothing to see here, carry on...

#8530 3 years ago

Whew. Man there so much I dont get about this game. Help . So I've never finished mr sinister, today, I had 4 characters, so when I'd go into the scoop I'd hold the button down to skip the mode so I can complete the last quest. I skipped it at least twice to get to the last quest. After I completed the last quest, I get to Sauron and I get Mega........Rex. why? The rulsheet says that's under mr sinister ....

#8531 3 years ago

I just purchased and installed these 3D lenticular apron cards from

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

They look great in person.

19B189FF-3872-43C9-BDA7-70D07FFCA2A2 (resized).jpeg19B189FF-3872-43C9-BDA7-70D07FFCA2A2 (resized).jpeg7C3315EA-15EE-4F0A-8BE4-5F74C4D885AB (resized).jpeg7C3315EA-15EE-4F0A-8BE4-5F74C4D885AB (resized).jpegECBDC760-ABCB-43D5-86EB-C8AD810CDE6F (resized).jpegECBDC760-ABCB-43D5-86EB-C8AD810CDE6F (resized).jpeg
#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Whew. Man there so much I dont get about this game. Help. So I've never finished mr sinister, today, I had 4 characters, so when. I'd fo into the scoop I'd hold the button down to skip the mode so I can complete the last quest. I skipped it at least twice. Then I get to Sauron and I get Mega........Rex. why? The rulsheet says that's under mr sinister ....

Sounds like you had completed both quests and Sauron to start Megakrakolodonus Rex.

After completing all 3 Battles you get to Sauron. Completing Sauron and both Quests you get to Megakrakolodonus Rex.

Complete the 3 battles that have Sauron (second set of battles) to get to Clone Multiball.

Complete Clone Mutliball, Megakrakolodonus Rex and Mechsuit multiball to qualify Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle.

#8533 3 years ago

At Rt 66 BBQ in Manhattan

IMG_20210213_164052337 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_164052337 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_164055384 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_164055384 (resized).jpg
#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Sounds like you had completed both quests and Sauron to start Megakrakolodonus Rex.
After completing all 3 Battles you get to Sauron. Completing Sauron and both Quests you get to Megakrakolodonus Rex.
Complete the 3 battles that have Sauron (second set of battles) to get to Clone Multiball.
Complete Clone Mutliball, Megakrakolodonus Rex and Mechsuit multiball to qualify Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle.

Whew.
There won't be a test will there?

#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Whew.
There won't be a test will there?

Good thing you didn't ask him to explain the rules to The Hobbit.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

So, in my case where I had the 3 battles, but didn't have the quests completed, does doing the extra battles count toward the next progression or does it only count those After you get all 3 battles and 2 quests?

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So, in my case where I had the 3 battles, but didn't have the quests completed, does doing the extra battles count toward the next progression or does it only count those After you get all 3 battles and 2 quests?

If you completed all 6 battles, you would qualify Clone Multiball, but you have to have the 2 quests along with 3 battles completed to qualify Megakrakolodonus Rex.

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you completed all 6 battles, you would qualify Clone Multiball, but you have to have the 2 quests along with 3 battles completed to qualify Megakrakolodonus Rex.</blockquote

If you completed all 6 battles, you would qualify Clone Multiball, but you have to have the 2 quests along with 3 battles completed to qualify Megakrakolodonus Rex.

So...
(Sorry I'm so sense here)
I can just do 6 battles....(w/o quests) to get to clone?
I thought it was more linear than that where you had to get 3 battles and 2 quests for any progression.....

#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So...
(Sorry I'm so sense here)
I can just do 6 battles....(w/o quests) to get to clone?
I thought it was more linear than that where you had to get 3 battles and 2 quests for any progression.....

Yes, you can do all 6 battles to get to clone multiball without doing any quests.

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I just did all the bulbs Saturday. I did 90% of them from underside. Should have looked around while I was in there.

This is my first machine so this never occurred to me to swap from underneath. I had the playfield up last night and remembered this post so I swapped out those last 4 bulbs.

Wow that would have made this entire process so much faster

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This is my first machine so this never occurred to me to swap from underneath. I had the playfield up last night and remembered this post so I swapped out those last 4 bulbs.
Wow that would have made this entire process so much faster

Yeah modern Sterns are nice that you can get to the lights from underneath and not have to disassemble everything on top of the playfield to access them!

#8542 3 years ago

Just about to join the Pro club. Super excited. Any must have mods I should know about?

#8543 3 years ago

Comet spotlight kit for the slings and under the apron

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Just about to join the Pro club. Super excited. Any must have mods I should know about?

For me the must-haves are Comet's GI kit:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

And Pinmonk's quiet fan kit:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Shaker is excellent in DP. I also recommend upgrading speakers and adding external subwoofer. The music is great!

Other mods are nice as well... anti glare glass, PinMonk Pinmonk's color brackets, anti sway bracket for the Snikt target and add a washer under front of Katanna guide near 'Lil Deadpool. The washer is more preventative maintenance than a mod.

#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Comet spotlight kit for the slings and under the apron

I have some of the comet spots and set them up on the slings, I really couldn't tell the difference.
I have sunlight comet in all GI.
Maybe wrong bulbs? what are you using?

#8547 3 years ago

Whatever came with them, they certainly make a difference but i have trough lighting and pinstadiums too.

#8548 3 years ago

Does anybody know where I can get the decal to make the chimichanga truck 3-D?

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I have some of the comet spots and set them up on the slings, I really couldn't tell the difference.
I have sunlight comet in all GI.
Maybe wrong bulbs? what are you using?

Use the "Opmax" bulbs in the spots and they will light up the center of the playfield nicely.

#8550 3 years ago

Might upgrade our pro to an LE. What’s a fair price for a very low play LE and is it worth it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/171?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.