(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 326.
#8451 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I played this in a pro on location and loved it. Debating between this pro and tmnt pro. Your thoughts? If I'm going to do only pro, wouldn't tmnt pro be the better choice?

TMNT Pro has more to offer than Deadpool Pro. No contest.

#8452 3 years ago

Just like Beatnik-Filmstar I too just put down a deposit on Deadpool Premium today I have read every post over the last few months Phew! and look forward to June for its delivery. I'm definitely doing the Katana ramp washers and mylar, Cliffy's for the shooter lane and comet lighting kit. I was wondering if the shooter lane protector is needed? https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector and are there any other Cliffy's that others recommend, thanks in advance and thanks to Smack for the great pics with the before and after shots of the comet lighting definitely sold me on that.

#8453 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I played this in a pro on location and loved it. Debating between this pro and tmnt pro. Your thoughts? If I'm going to do only pro, wouldn't tmnt pro be the better choice?

Oof...that's a tough one. Can't lose. They are very close in my mind, but if forced to choose, I would have to go TMNT. That game is a damn near perfect in my book. So is DP, but for me personally, TMNT is just a hair better.

If comparing each machine pro to premium, I would say TMNT's "upgrades" are less meaningful than DPs. I personally think both are fine as pros, though many feel DP premium is worth the upgrade. I am still torn if I am going to go with a pro or premium when I buy another DP. I am perfectly happy with my TMNT as a pro.

#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oof...that's a tough one. Can't lose. They are very close in my mind, but if forced to choose, I would have to go TMNT. That game is a damn near perfect in my book. So is DP, but for me personally, TMNT is just a hair better.
If comparing each machine pro to premium, I would say TMNT's "upgrades" are less meaningful than DPs. I personally think both are fine as pros, though many feel DP premium is worth the upgrade. I am still torn if I am going to go with a pro or premium when I buy another DP. I am perfectly happy with my TMNT as a pro.

I have to review the TMNT threads. I ditched TMNT early on, possibly before code was mature. Down to Deadpool only so I need to add one more.

#8455 3 years ago

Hey all. Does anyone know where this metal bracket and screw goes on my Deadpool pro. I noticed it by the dazzler disco spinner. Can’t figure it out. Thnx

DE4322A0-7D7F-4F0C-9567-1BAB38FFE7F3 (resized).jpegDE4322A0-7D7F-4F0C-9567-1BAB38FFE7F3 (resized).jpeg
#8456 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have DP pro and have played a buddy's TMNT premium (he also has DP pro) and honestly they are totally different games. I think both are great values in terms of what the pro gives you, and if he gets rid of his TMNT premium I am looking to add a pro because I don't think the differences take away from the gameplay.

In that regard, I think that's where DP and TMNT pro are both in agreement: ton of value at the pro level. But gameplay-wise it's definitely different. Deadpool is a little more skittish and the ball will carom a bit if you're not super dialed in, and the cross-field katana shot and snikt shot are not super common imo. TMNT has speed for days and the upper flipper, and it can be a total bruiser score-wise. More depth of code on TMNT, but DP is no slouch. I think these pins complement each other pretty well, but if you loved DP pro on location then you've got your answer.

#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

thanks to smack for the great pics with the before and after shots of the comet lighting definitely sold me on that.

ryanwanger do I get a commission for this Candy commission?

Quoted from Nazz26:

Hey all. Does anyone know where this metal bracket and screw goes on my Deadpool pro. I noticed it by the dazzler disco spinner. Can’t figure it out. Thnx

I am very curious what that is too. I looked at the manual for all of the mechs and guides and I couldn't place it. My machine is up at my office so the next time I am there I will take a closer look.

#8458 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Maybe part of the chimichanga truck gate? Odd location for it to appear by Dazzler, though. Hmm...

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

ryanwanger do I get a commission for this Candy commission?

I am very curious what that is too. I looked at the manual for all of the mechs and guides and I couldn't place it. My machine is up at my office so the next time I am there I will take a closer look.

I'm thinking it fell in the cab during the build..

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Maybe part of the chimichanga truck gate? Odd location for it to appear by Dazzler, though. Hmm...

I will take another look... thnx

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

[quoted image]

There is a video on YouTube where the piece falls off and they figure out where it goes. I think it’s in the left ramp near where Deadpool on the hammock plastic is. Not sure. It’s the Deadpool tutorial on Bro Do You Even Pinball by Buffalo pinball

#8462 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There is a video on YouTube where the piece falls off and they figure out where it goes. I think it’s in the left ramp near Deadpool on hammock plastic is. Not sure. It’s the Deadpool tutorial on Bro Do You Even Pinball by Buffalo pinball

Check around the 37 minute mark

#8463 3 years ago

I checked my pin and I don’t have that piece under the plastic where the ball travels under on the left ramp. But that is where it looks like they put it to protect the plastic from air balls as they fly up the ramp.

#8464 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I checked my pin and I don’t have that piece under the plastic where the ball travels under on the left ramp. But that is where it looks like they put it to protect the plastic from air balls as they fly up the ramp.

I don’t have that either. Build date nov 2018.

I did buy and install the clear plastic protector for that ramp because I heard that that takes a beating in that area

#8465 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I watched the video and its is the bracket. My build date is Feb 14 2020 and it looks Stern doubled the hammock plastic ramp for strength. Lol Weird that it still ended up in my game..haha

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Joined the club today. Wife said no more until our new house is ready. I said “can I get a BOOM”. Had to put it in the apt because I was getting the pinball itch. Awesome game.
[quoted image]

Congratulations! A fine choice indeed.

#8467 3 years ago

I am looking to get back in the club. If anyone is considering selling (somewhat local to WI), please let me know. Leaning premium, but will consider pro or LE depending on price. Hit me with the BOOM!

#8468 3 years ago

I’ve got a brand new pro model. Built just a year ago. Is anyone else having a problem hitting this rivet and piece of metal going up this right ramp? Is there a fix for this? I was trying to go through the many pages of threads looking for information. The ball will run up that ramp and hit that rivet or the other metal bar.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8469 3 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

I’ve got a brand new pro model. Built just a year ago. Is anyone else having a problem hitting this rivet and piece of metal going up this right ramp? Is there a fix for this? I was trying to go through the many pages of threads looking for information. The ball will run up that ramp and hit that rivet or the other metal bar.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

it's been discussed a few times with no solid solution as far as I know. Some have talked about making an air ball deflector. I recently removed the small ball guide behind lil deadpool that has helped. its not the wore causing rejects. I thing the ball is going up that ball guide and being bounced to the left and hitting off the rubber ring directly below katana handle.

16126500326107189855259106526982 (resized).jpg16126500326107189855259106526982 (resized).jpg
#8470 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

it's been discussed a few times with no solid solution as far as I know. Some have talked about making an air ball deflector. I recently removed the small ball guide behind lil deadpool that has helped. its not the wore causing rejects. I thing the ball is going up that ball guide and being bounced to the left and hitting off the rubber ring directly below katana handle.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. Seems like such poor design. Mine hits quite often on that shot.

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Thanks for the reply. Seems like such poor design. Mine hits quite often on that shot.

Agree. I posted the same annoying issue on this thread a few months back. I actually removed that giant staple thingy by hitting it with needle nose pliers from underneath. The problem persisted, so I reinstalled it. Does seem like if the ball catches a little air under there it may be hitting bottom of the katana. Some folks have made custom airball protector for underneath out of PETG (you can but little squares of it on Amazon for like $10.

I will say (and this could be placebo effect) that I increased my pitch from 6.5 to 6.8 and it "feels" like it is happening less.

#8472 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I own TMNT Pro and DP Pro. I'd pick Deadpool over TMNT without a second thought.

#8473 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Agree. I posted the same annoying issue on this thread a few months back. I actually removed that giant staple thingy by hitting it with needle nose pliers from underneath. The problem persisted, so I reinstalled it. Does seem like if the ball catches a little air under there it may be hitting bottom of the katana. Some folks have made custom airball protector for underneath out of PETG (you can but little squares of it on Amazon for like $10.
I will say (and this could be placebo effect) that I increased my pitch from 6.5 to 6.8 and it "feels" like it is happening less.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I’ve got TMNT LE and DP Premium. When I went to find out which deadpool I wanted I played the pro at a mates place and premium on site for me I couldn’t give up the left orbit coming all the way around! I just couldn’t do it. On the pro for me it killed it when the ball always went into the pops on the left orbit. And that left orbit felt so sweet coming up the ramp and then back to the flipper. So you really need to figure out if you can do without that!

I bought my tmnt Le because I watched videos and I could get it quicker than anything else. I haven’t played a tmnt pro but I think if I could buy both at the same time I’d probably grab a pro. Because the extras aren’t really game changing.

Tmnt v deadpool now that’s a hard one! Pro v pro I’d take tmnt because you’re not missing out on much v premium. Both games are fantastic. I really enjoy all the modes on tmnt and both games make you shoot the entire playfield which I love.

I think tmnt has the edge ever so slightly. It’s close. Super close.

#8475 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’ve got TMNT LE and DP Premium. When I went to find out which deadpool I wanted I played the pro at a mates place and premium on site for me I couldn’t give up the left orbit coming all the way around! I just couldn’t do it. On the pro for me it killed it when the ball always went into the pops on the left orbit. And that left orbit felt so sweet coming up the ramp and then back to the flipper. So you really need to figure out if you can do without that!
I bought my tmnt Le because I watched videos and I could get it quicker than anything else. I haven’t played a tmnt pro but I think if I could buy both at the same time I’d probably grab a pro. Because the extras aren’t really game changing.
Tmnt v deadpool now that’s a hard one! Pro v pro I’d take tmnt because you’re not missing out on much v premium. Both games are fantastic. I really enjoy all the modes on tmnt and both games make you shoot the entire playfield which I love.
I think tmnt has the edge ever so slightly. It’s close. Super close.

Man, I think being able to divert your ball is huge on tmnt. Pro does nothing but stops it plus the turtle van lock is cool. I might get a dp le to upgrade my pro but there isn’t much difference between the pro and le features. The ramp that lifts is nice for flow but I’m almost the opposite of you on this. It’s probably because they are all awesome regardless of the model so hard to choose

#8476 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

All right orbits on this machine clunk at that point. As the previous poster said you may be getting airballs which cause this problem. Mine fall into the shooter lane as well maybe 1 in 10. So I think your problem is different to the gates problem I posted earlier. Thanks for the gratitude though!

I have the same clunck on my machine at that right ramp. Any resolution on this? Seems like terrible design.

#8477 3 years ago

Just joined the club, any quick and dirty strategy guides out there? Everything I see is an hour and a half +

#8478 3 years ago

Hi guys, seriously considering making DP pro the third game in my small collection. My #1 concern is lastability in said small collection. I don’t want a game that is going to lock me into one path to advance through the game/score. Can you guys speak to the variety in the code? I’ve read some comments of people getting sick of “playing the same 3 modes” over and over. Thank you !

#8479 3 years ago

I don't find it repetitive. First machine i bought and i have 24 here. I wouldn't sell it till i was at least down to five.

#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi guys, seriously considering making DP pro the third game in my small collection. My #1 concern is lastability in said small collection. I don’t want a game that is going to lock me into one path to advance through the game/score. Can you guys speak to the variety in the code? I’ve read some comments of people getting sick of “playing the same 3 modes” over and over. Thank you !

If you get it at a reasonable price and don't like it, you will be able to move it quickly.

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I'd seriously look for a Premium on Deadpool. Disco loops, working disco ball, drop targets and the orbit feeding to the right flipper can't be underestimated. Provides a much better overall experience than a Pro. Used you're looking at maybe $1200 more than a new Pro for a HUO Prem.

There are a lot of ways to attack the game. If you're playing the same three modes every time, you're doing it wrong. I played it a LOT for well over a year and never got tired of it. I'd have it back again sometime in the future, and there are plenty of pins I can't say that about.

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd seriously look for a Premium on Deadpool. Disco loops, working disco ball, drop targets and the orbit feeding to the right flipper can't be underestimated. Provides a much better overall experience than a Pro. Used you're looking at maybe $1200 more than a new Pro for a HUO Prem.
There are a lot of ways to attack the game. If you're playing the same three modes every time, you're doing it wrong. I played it a LOT for well over a year and never got tired of it. I'd have it back again sometime in the future, and there are plenty of pins I can't say that about.

not really in the market for a premium, looking to add a pro budget game at the moment. It’s between DP or IMDN

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not really in the market for a premium, looking to add a pro budget game at the moment. It’s between DP or IMDN

If that's the choice, then IMDN Pro all the way. DP needs a Premium. IMDN can go either way.

#8484 3 years ago

That is such poor advice to say DP is premium or bust and flat out wrong. DP Pro is an amazing game.

#8485 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:If that's the choice, then IMDN Pro all the way. DP needs a Premium. IMDN can go either way.

I have a DP pro and i'd have it before any imdn, inc LE any day.

I usually respect things you say but can't do that on this occasion.

#8486 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

That is such poor advice to say DP is premium or bust and flat out wrong. DP Pro is an amazing game.

For real. My pro is one of my favorite games in my lineup. If I had to choose between that and my Maiden Premium, I'd pick Deadpool.

#8487 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For real. My pro is one of my favorite games in my lineup. If I had to choose between that and my Maiden Premium, I'd pick Deadpool.

Iron Maiden is fun, but my god, the theme. Yeesh. Dp by a landslide for me

#8488 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a DP pro and i'd have it before any imdn, inc LE any day.
I usually respect things you say but can't do that on this occasion.

Something to work on. You'll get there. ;}

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Iron Maiden is fun, but my god, the theme. Yeesh. Dp by a landslide for me

That is a consideration. If you hate Maiden, it may be insurmountable.

#8490 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Something to work on. You'll get there. ;}

Don't think it's me.

#8492 3 years ago

Was renting IMDN premium when I bought my DP pro and it's DP for me all day. Barely touched IM after I brought DP home.

DP: High energy, hilarious, accessible for people who aren't god-like pinball players.

IMDN: Better flow, also high energy, but much more demanding and difficult. Also I found myself getting tired of hitting the wall at a few modes, whereas I don't feel that way with DP.

In a small collection (4 here), DP is my most-played and offers plenty of depth. Unless you're just an expert and will blow through it in a week, DP is a blast.

#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Deadpool Pro is a fantastic game. I put over 3000 games on mine in a year and it took almost all of them before I "finished" the game... and then the new code came out. The pro doesn't feel lacking to me at all.

Fun theme, upbeat music, unique layout, deep code and great game play. Can't go wrong!

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's the choice, then IMDN Pro all the way. DP needs a Premium. IMDN can go either way.

See I like the extras in iron maiden too. The sarcophagus is AWESOME! The scoop under the ramp is a much nicer way to start modes. Premium for deadpool and iron maiden for me

#8495 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with air balls coming off of the slings? My pitch is pretty steep sitting close to 7 degrees but that seems to be the recommended angle. I have turned down the power on the slings some but it is still occurring and I don't wanna nerf those slings further if I don't have to.

The biggest problem this is causing is that the balls are hitting my newly installed spotlights, and sometimes it will pop a bulb out onto the playfield.

I am certainly not opposed to bringing the pitch down if that will help but I was curious if anyone else has run into this and how it was solved. It also seems like the ball is catching air off of the left sling way more than the right side as it will launch into the right outlane or the shooter lane sometimes.

#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Has anyone had issues with air balls coming off of the slings? My pitch is pretty steep sitting close to 7 degrees but that seems to be the recommended angle. I have turned down the power on the slings some but it is still occurring and I don't wanna nerf those slings further if I don't have to.
The biggest problem this is causing is that the balls are hitting my newly installed spotlights, and sometimes it will pop a bulb out onto the playfield.
I am certainly not opposed to bringing the pitch down if that will help but I was curious if anyone else has run into this and how it was solved. It also seems like the ball is catching air off of the left sling way more than the right side as it will launch into the right outlane or the shooter lane sometimes.

Make sure your sling posts are tight (as well as all the other posts in the game). Stern is notorious lately for not tightening much of anything down. I've had multiple games where posts were finger tight or worse. If your posts are wiggling around and crooked, they will launch the ball more easily. Also make sure the rubber is the right size and sitting correctly. That said, some games are just more susceptible to sling airballs than others. Usually turning the power down a few clicks helps enough, but the right angle will still launch one.

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Make sure your sling posts are tight (as well as all the other posts in the game). Stern is notorious lately for not tightening much of anything down.

I recently found this out while installing the spotlights. All of the left sling posts were loose but I have since tightened those. I was hopeful that tightening would solve this, and I think it helped, but I am still getting some airballs.

I am gonna check how levelled it is left to right to make sure it hasn't shifted at all.

Thanks for the tips.

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

If you use the half-width electrical tape band around the bulb bases they won't pop out of the spotlights.

#8499 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the half-width electrical tape band around the bulb bases they won't pop out of the spotlights.

Brilliant! I am gonna try this right now. It can't hurt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

There are 16,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/170?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.