(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 326.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

No, wasn’t planning on it. I did them for two pros I’m doing up. It’s not hard to do. Just a little patience. You’ll need the figure, 3/4” steel ball bearings and JB weld. I’m planning to try to light the figures with nano spotlights(they are a smaller, one piece LED spotlights that are easy to hide and have a pretty small diameter beam). I havent figured out the lighting tie in yet. I’d prefer to make them interactive where I can. But, happy to share what I do once I finish. Waiting on the machines to arrive...

Can you send info / link on nano spotlight?

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you send info / link on nano spotlight?

Here you go. Cheapest place I’ve found so far. They list as rated at 12v but unless they’ve changed them in the last month, they function fine at 5v. The intensity of the light is just a little less.

https://www.frightprops.com/lighting/led-lighting-darklight/nano-spot-mini-spotlights/nano-spot-miniature-spotlights.html

#803 5 years ago

Have you tried getting ahold of these spotlights, they look much smaller. I have these on my machine from factory. Don’t see them available yet as replacements.

6BB6A36C-0973-4D91-8FA1-87B2CD40BC56 (resized).png6BB6A36C-0973-4D91-8FA1-87B2CD40BC56 (resized).png
#805 5 years ago

Wow, the new code had a big improvement on the game. More Lil Deadpool multiball, new music and sounds. Made the game even better. My katana sword is dropping all the balls at once now, since the new code. I’m not sure if its supposed to do that or not. It used to space them out a bit.

#806 5 years ago

So I just found something extremely alarming to me on the local DP. If this was my machine I'd be livid!!! The rail is literally digging into the field and is lifting the top layer of the field. Is this what I have to look forward to when I purchase my Pro?? I can only assume that it's tightened down way to much at the end and I was wondering why it was so hard to make that lock shot. It simply isn't aligned. And now that I look at it again, why the hell isn't there a solid rubber post there instead of a little bit of a rubber flip over hanging the edge?!? Seems cheap and I'm not liking it at all.

20181014_135904 (resized).jpg20181014_135904 (resized).jpg20181014_135928 (resized).jpg20181014_135928 (resized).jpg

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So I just found something extremely alarming to me on the local DP. If this was my machine I'd be livid!!! The rail is literally digging into the field and is lifting. Is this what I have to look forward to when I purchase my Pro?? I can only assume that it's tightened down way to much at the end and I was wondering why it was so hard to make that lock shot. It simply isn't aligned. And now that I look at it again, why the hell isn't there a solid rubber post there instead of a little bit of a rubber flip over hanging the edge?!? Seems cheap and I'm not liking it at all.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is a Gomez design characteristic. Some designers have "trademark" designs that resurface game to game.

Gomez likes wireform ramps that rise from the playfield and feed the flipper on the same side of the ramp, "saucer" style scoops, those blue nubs on the edge of shots.

Ritchie has right upper flipper loops,backhandable ramps from a cradled position, and full rubber sleeved posts between shots.

Lawlor has the shot through the pop bumpers and an upper flipper jackpot/super jackpot shot.

Anyway, my HUO LOTR had a nub that dug into the playfield. I am not a big fan of those, but yeah, just check your stuff every once in a while. It's not a big deal. If it's dipping, adjust it. If it's loose, tighten it. You'll be fine.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

It's not a big deal.

It would be for me and they'd be sending me a new playfield.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Can you share a better picture? This is zoomed in so far you can’t see anything.

#810 5 years ago

Looks like that rail guide won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks like that rail guide won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Yup and the sad thing is, even if I pointed out the problem which I guarantee they know nothing about, they wouldn't do anything about it because it's still bringing in money.

#812 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Well, I don't know, I guess everything can be a big deal if you really try hard enough?

Did anyone else get a premium translite with their Deadpool Pro?

#813 5 years ago

Unless you know the Op don’t assume and alert them as a courtesy.
As mentioned, the rail can be adjusted just be careful as its a tight fit through a hole in the board underneath.

#814 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Can you share a better picture? This is zoomed in so far you can’t see anything.

Sorry that's All I got plus the glass was on. You really cant see the damage that rail has done?? If you zoom in through paint or on a phone in the second pic you can really see what's going on.

#815 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Unless you know the Op don’t assume and alert them as a courtesy.

They have been alerted about numerous problems multiple times by multiple players, yet none have been rectified. No point any longer. I only posted because I wondered if anyone else has had the same happen to them here.

#816 5 years ago

So has anyone used pinball browser to change the songs on this pin?

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So has anyone used pinball browser to change the songs on this pin?

Not on this one, I love the audio.

#818 5 years ago

On my pro model, right orbit shot was not smooth. Balls keep on hitting the metal guide and shooter lane.
I removed this and everything is back to normal : smooth shots for Sabretooth (and others)
Don't know if this part is usefull on a premium or LE.

20181015_151645 (resized).jpg20181015_151645 (resized).jpg20181015_151708 (resized).jpg20181015_151708 (resized).jpg
#819 5 years ago

Hmmm, maybe thats the cause of the clunky feedback Im experiencing on my right orbit.

I was assuming it was just the feel of the ball passing over the shooter lane then slamming into the the orbit wall before looping around.

#820 5 years ago

That's weird, a piece like that was put there on purpose. At least it solves your problem.

#821 5 years ago

Could you not make some adjustments?

I figured this guide was there for a reason. Maybe the guide was leaning?

Has anyone else tried this?

#822 5 years ago

For my part, everything is OK on the playfield in this area. The playfield angle is correct (7°)
I did not noticed any problem since i removed this guide. Most right orbit shoots work great, and are much more easy.

Please try it and share your feedback. Maybe I am wrong on this.

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from alxpier:

For my part, everything is OK on the playfield in this area. The playfield angle is correct (7°)
I did not noticed any problem since i removed this guide. Most right orbit shoots work great, and are much more easy.
Please try it and share your feedback. Maybe I am wrong on this.

Agree.

Can a few others try and report back results?

Thx

#824 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So I just found something extremely alarming to me on the local DP. If this was my machine I'd be livid!!! The rail is literally digging into the field and is lifting the top layer of the field. Is this what I have to look forward to when I purchase my Pro?? I can only assume that it's tightened down way to much at the end and I was wondering why it was so hard to make that lock shot. It simply isn't aligned. And now that I look at it again, why the hell isn't there a solid rubber post there instead of a little bit of a rubber flip over hanging the edge?!? Seems cheap and I'm not liking it at all.

My Pro seems to be like this out of the box with less than 50 plays on it. Seems like the guide was tightened to the playfield before the clear was fully cured. I am hesitant to loosen it to investigate further. It isn’t too noticeable so maybe I will slip some Mylar over the playfield under the guide one day.

#825 5 years ago

Alright so I took my right orbit mini-guide off and here's my thoughts.

- Pretty simple to do. Unbolt the nuts from the bottom and take off the two philips screws that hold the sword blade down. You'll need to take the handle plastic off which requires removing 2 pretty small philips screws. Be carful to not snap it as the east side of the handle is clipped on... From there you have your last philips screw. You can then lift the whole sword enough to get the mini-guide out.

- The shots feel much smoother than before. I like!
(I think my shots would hit the right guide near the DP arrow, then hit the mini-guide, then hit the right orbit. Which would result in a rough-feeling shot.)

- A few shots would hit the post above where that mini-guide was then hard bounce down the shooter lane - I don't like...

- When the ball would come out of the pops on the right side, my game would normally bounce off the edge of the orbit, cross the PF and land on the left flipper. Now, more times than not, it will come straight down on top of the right slingshot. I don't like this because now it's a nudging game and who knows where that ball is going next.

All in all I think I like the reliability of the bounce over to my left flipper from the pops more than the smoother feel to a right orbit shot. I'll probably put the mini-guide back in when I get around to it.

#826 5 years ago

Testing a few new lights to brighten up playfield.

193030D0-AF08-4DE2-AE22-5C5B91FC8D5F (resized).jpeg193030D0-AF08-4DE2-AE22-5C5B91FC8D5F (resized).jpeg
#827 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Mine is doing the exact same thing only the playfield has also chipped there too. Mine is HUO too so not many plays on it. No picture cause I am at work but can post some later.

#828 5 years ago

I figured this game was a right off due to voice work and the fact that its g rated , layout looked ok but just goes to show you have to play a game to pass real judgment because after my first 3 games on it I think I need a pro. Damn fun pin. Artwork in a word is incredible and I really enjoyed the Mortal Kombat style mode disply/ fun multis. Good Times

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I figured this game was a right off due to voice work and the fact that its g rated , layout looked ok but just goes to show you have to play a game to pass real judgment because after my first 3 games on it I think I need a pro. Damn fun pin. Artwork in a word is incredible and I really enjoyed the Mortal Kombat style mode disply/ fun multis. Good Times

Agreed. One thing I was worried about initially was the talk around long ball times and watching the initial Stern launch stream and how far in the game they were getting, was worried it might be too easy. I always have to keep in mind how bad I am at pinball compared to a lot of the folks they have working at Stern. I am finding it more than challenging enough for my "skills".

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed. One thing I was worried about initially was the talk around long ball times and watching the initial Stern launch stream and how far in the game they were getting, was worried it might be too easy. I always have to keep in mind how bad I am at pinball compared to a lot of the folks they have working at Stern. I am finding it more than challenging enough for my "skills".

I'm a good player and the game was challenging, it had just come back from competition play so the posts were removed and the rules were set to a harder difficulty that default. It was pretty great plus in the home I don't mind long ball time, and I also don't mind the pinball machine having long ball times. Anyway, I was quite happy with the voice work and while I would have preferred an r rated choice with code its so fun to shoot it didn't matter.

#831 5 years ago

Quick update - I have another dozen plays since removing the right orbit mini-guide and think it might be growing on me. The smoothness is nice, and the returns to the top of the right sling haven't been TOO bad.

Does it help that since I've done that I have finally gotten to Sauron? No... Probably not, I've come close quite a few times previous haha.

-

Does anyone else experience a weak auto-plung from time to time?
Sometimes my auto won't make it past the 1-way gate and rolls back into the pops, then other times it fires hard around no problem. Is this code? The ball always sits nice and settled before it fires.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does it help that since I've done that I have finally gotten to Sauron?

I beat Sauron with new "miror glaze" balls. Factory Stern balls are awfull

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Mine is doing the exact same thing only the playfield has also chipped there too. Mine is HUO too so not many plays on it. No picture cause I am at work but can post some later.

That sucks!! I knew there had to be someone else with the same issue. I was speaking with a fellow pinhead and we are wondering what would be the result if a post were to be installed at the end of that rail. It's a gamble for sure because no one knows if, or how it will alter game play.

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

My Pro seems to be like this out of the box with less than 50 plays on it. Seems like the guide was tightened to the playfield before the clear was fully cured. I am hesitant to loosen it to investigate further. It isn’t too noticeable so maybe I will slip some Mylar over the playfield under the guide one day.

Well, now that I am hearing this I will definitely have to check that area at delivery time. You've got me kind of afraid now, lol. Unfortunately I will have to refuse it if I see that damage. I'm wondering if the issue has been brought to sterns attention??

#835 5 years ago

Holy Smokes Batman! Did you see the latest Top100?

B99F12AB-8164-4D2B-81B1-9C90076877A8 (resized).jpegB99F12AB-8164-4D2B-81B1-9C90076877A8 (resized).jpeg
#836 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Don't worry, the counter votes are coming. Happens almost every time a new pin is released.

#837 5 years ago

[quoted image]

but you can't be serious.. !? are you ? (having given 9.560 to TZ)

#838 5 years ago

Members I am in desperate need of your aide. I've grown to love deadpool after owning a pro since the first wave out and hold it as one of my favorite games. I'm about to sell my pro and upgrade to an LE but for obvious reasons I see both sides of the coin. Cost to reward. I rarely ever sell games and it'll go good next to my X-Men magneto LE. I need feedback

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Members I am in desperate need of your aide. I've grown to love deadpool after owning a pro since the first wave out and hold it as one of my favorite games. I'm about to sell my pro and upgrade to an LE but for obvious reasons I see both sides of the coin. Cost to reward. I rarely ever sell games and it'll go good next to my X-Men magneto LE. I need feedback

From what I gather the changes are mostly cosmetic. The drop targets may slow down the ball but for the most part the game plays exactly the same. If it is worth it to you than go for it. I am just going to buy the Disco Ball mod that just came out.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

From what I gather the changes are mostly cosmetic. The drop targets may slow down the ball but for the most part the game plays exactly the same. If it is worth it to you than go for it. I am just going to buy the Disco Ball mod that just came out.

I've player the LE and really enjoy the loop shot

#841 5 years ago

Other than the shooter lane ramp that allows you to loop the left orbit, there is nothing that seriously impacts gameplay between the two. I think the loop shot is pretty cool, and am loving my LE. Is it worth several thousand more dollars to get that and the bling and the "limitedness"? From a common sense nickel and dime perspective, no. But I love Deadpool, loved the art package, love extra features on pins and was spending recycled money anyway (had sold a couple pins a few months ago).

If your primary concern is cost I'd try and get some play on a Premium or LE and decide if the drops and shooter lane ramp matter to you before deciding.
EDIT - Just saw that you did play the LE and liked the loop, so I guess just decide if splurging is worth it for you personally I guess.

#842 5 years ago

I chose DP pro over LE. DP pro is beautiful and it doesn't need the backglass. Without having left looping shot it is frustrating, but that only effects 20 of 100+ shots per game. A few areas aren't designed perfectly and tend to play as a Klunkfests too. Those areas don't get fixed with an LE either. For those reasons and the price differential, I'd say stay with the pro and you'll be 90% happy.

Had a similar decision to make with Maiden. MaidenLE offers more than the Premium and a bit more than that on the Pro. Could have been 85% happy with the pro, but decided to splurge and spend twice as much for a LE, since it is Stern's best game and it has flow.

#843 5 years ago

I chose DP pro over LE. DP pro is beautiful and doesn't need the backglass. Without having left loop to r flipper shot, it is frustrating but only effects 20 shots per game of 100+ shots. I see a few areas of game design play as Klunkfests too, and these don't get fixed with an LE. For those reasons and the price differential, I'd say stay with the pro and you'll be 90% happy.
Had a similar decision to make with Maiden. MaidenLE offers a bit more than the Premium and a little bit more than that on the Pro. Could have been 85% happy with the pro, but decided to splurge and spend twice as much for a LE, since it is Stern's best game and it has flow.

So if he is only 85% happy with the Deadpool Pro he should splurge and go for the LE?

The other option is of course the Premium. I almost always buy Premiums (am a sucker for extra playfield features), I only go LE if I really like the theme, and like the art package more than the Premium. The decision really comes down to personal tastes and what someone is comfortable spending money on.

#844 5 years ago

Its become one of my favorite games so that's the motivation for going LE plus I got a deal on the price

#845 5 years ago

In no way can I justify the LE price increase over the Pro. Having said that, you'll have to pry the left looping to right flipper, disco ball integration, drop target palooza, high def glass, amplified speaker system, LE specific art blades, shaker motor, lit speaker rings, T-rex cabinet, mirrored backglass, shaker motor and vinyl LP album from my cold dead hands. I can't imagine not owning the LE... it's that good so far!!

Turning out to be one of the best pinball machines ever and since the code is still early, I'm hoping it only gets better.

#846 5 years ago

Its become one of my favorite games so that's the motivation for going LE plus I got a deal on the price

We are Very happy with the LE. Pretty stuff aside for us the drop targets and primarily the drop loop ramp was a must for total enjoyment. Loving the theme and I suspect they have some great code additions to make it amazing. Fully understand if it's not everyones cup of beer but it plays great and the integration is awesome. Just tired or music based themes for us. Not that they aren't fun!

#847 5 years ago

The Premium/LE's drop targets make the game a bit more satisfying, imo. It's nice to be able to see what you still need to hit to close quickly as the game plays fast. Shooting around the orbit into the katana is also a bit more satisfying than the pro shot.

I played the Pro locally here before I ordered my premium and it also seems like they fixed the katana ramp a bit in later production. At home, I hit 60% or so of the shots, it easier to hit if the ball is moving quickly as compared to stopping it on the flipper.

Overall, I really like the game.

#848 5 years ago

For me, I couldn’t pass up getting the LE because of the theme. And I love it so very much. Of all the new pins, this one takes me to a happy place. I just love it’s retro arcade feel integrated with awesome pinball. If you love the theme and all the extras, get the LE.

#849 5 years ago

I love my LE and so happy I got it. The sound upgrade has to be experienced. Is an LE ever ‘worth it’? Dunno but you gotta enjoy your life.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

In no way can I justify the LE price increase over the Pro. Having said that, you'll have to pry the left looping to right flipper, disco ball integration, drop target palooza, high def glass, amplified speaker system, LE specific art blades, shaker motor, lit speaker rings, T-rex cabinet, mirrored backglass, shaker motor and vinyl LP album from my cold dead hands. I can't imagine not owning the LE... it's that good so far!!
Turning out to be one of the best pinball machines ever and since the code is still early, I'm hoping it only gets better.

Curious how many LE owners have listened to the LP? Did the premium buyers get a cassette tape?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.