Had my game for almost a week now and have to say I'm absolutely loving it!
Obviously this is the first thing you see as you start the unboxing process and MAN does it get the stoke going! Bright, vibrant, clean and so much detail to look at. I really appreciate all the work that went into this thing.
Sound / Soundtrack
SO much variety, I did not see that coming! As per a previous comment, I wouldn't go make a CD for the car or anything, but it makes the game super fun. I'm always excited to find out what song I'm getting next.
Sound / Sub
Most of the tracks straight pound with a 10" sub. This is a must have mod for this game.
Sound / Call outs
I have it set to "R" and it's mild at best. That's not a big concern for me though as I feel everything has fit the theme very well, but I hope they include more call outs as they're starting to get a little bit repetitive. I don't really focus on them too much as the soundtrack pumps and gets you pretty immersed in gameplay.
• Standard skill - I like that you have a real skill shot, no switching the lanes once you plunge.
• Super skill - I've hit this shot quite a bit off the left flipper and the odd time with a bounce over and back hand with the right. Super fun!
• Secret skill - Only hit this once and wow that was awesome. Starting the game with 15M and 2X is a great feeling too.
• Left loop - Probably the easiest shot and the first team up I go for because it's so safe.
• Left ramp - I often over look this ramp in general, but is nice to hit and sets you up with lots of combo options.
• Colossos loop - The hardest shot to make in my opinion. I frequently get rejects, but it's a pretty key team up for big points.
• Scoop - Nice easy shot. Glad to see it came with a Cliffy installed.
• Center spinner - Fairly easy shot to make, but I feel that Colossos, Scoop, and Wolverine are clusters so close together you have to be super sharp and careful not to start a mode before getting Wolverine.
• Sknit target - The GEM shot of DP. If you're going to dial in a shot, make it this one! It's the route to all PF multipliers and ALWAYS feels great when you make it up the ramp. Oddly enough, I make the shot more times from the right flipper than I do with the left - I try to hit Colossos, miss, and some how it finds its way up...
• Deadpool bank - I haven't really focused on this shot and kind of take it when it happens. Stoked to have drops on a pro tho...
• Katana Ramp - Is it hard? Yes... But like I said earlier - I think the Colossos shot is harder. The Katana ramp is definitely easier to hit from a trap, but completely doable on the fly. This shot took way too much heat early on, and I feel like I want to avoid it because I've read how hard it is, but I hit it more times than not.
• Right loop - I find this shot tricky actually, but I'm also not a great player... This is probably my least favourite shot because the ball clunks against the wall before looping around. It just feels rough... I've looped this shot 5x in a row one game so that's cool!
Shaker - Great feedback from the shaker, specially when in a battle. Every hit has a good rumble, and tied in with the sub, the whole place - booms.
Rules - I think there's PLENTY going on for the average player like me. The game is straight forward, but it's also not a piece of cake. I'm looking forward to more details coming out in future updates, but saving booms, trying to get to 5x pf and completing battles will keep me busy for QUITE a while.
Animation - IMO it's Sterns best use of the screen to date. Fun to watch while others are playing and ties the theme in well.
Lighting - Really easy to understand where to shoot. Disco MB is WELL done even on the Pro, so I'd love to see how the disco ball looks in person. Might have to get one!
No Video mode? Seems like a good theme to add one!
All in all, I'm 100% happy with the purchase and would suggest this game to anyone lookin for a new machine.
Shout out to Nitro Pinball who was great to deal with for my first NIB.