(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 324.
#751 5 years ago

Had my game for almost a week now and have to say I'm absolutely loving it!

Art
Obviously this is the first thing you see as you start the unboxing process and MAN does it get the stoke going! Bright, vibrant, clean and so much detail to look at. I really appreciate all the work that went into this thing.

Sound / Soundtrack
SO much variety, I did not see that coming! As per a previous comment, I wouldn't go make a CD for the car or anything, but it makes the game super fun. I'm always excited to find out what song I'm getting next.

Sound / Sub
Most of the tracks straight pound with a 10" sub. This is a must have mod for this game.

Sound / Call outs
I have it set to "R" and it's mild at best. That's not a big concern for me though as I feel everything has fit the theme very well, but I hope they include more call outs as they're starting to get a little bit repetitive. I don't really focus on them too much as the soundtrack pumps and gets you pretty immersed in gameplay.

Shots
• Standard skill - I like that you have a real skill shot, no switching the lanes once you plunge.
• Super skill - I've hit this shot quite a bit off the left flipper and the odd time with a bounce over and back hand with the right. Super fun!
• Secret skill - Only hit this once and wow that was awesome. Starting the game with 15M and 2X is a great feeling too.
• Left loop - Probably the easiest shot and the first team up I go for because it's so safe.
• Left ramp - I often over look this ramp in general, but is nice to hit and sets you up with lots of combo options.
• Colossos loop - The hardest shot to make in my opinion. I frequently get rejects, but it's a pretty key team up for big points.
• Scoop - Nice easy shot. Glad to see it came with a Cliffy installed.
• Center spinner - Fairly easy shot to make, but I feel that Colossos, Scoop, and Wolverine are clusters so close together you have to be super sharp and careful not to start a mode before getting Wolverine.
• Sknit target - The GEM shot of DP. If you're going to dial in a shot, make it this one! It's the route to all PF multipliers and ALWAYS feels great when you make it up the ramp. Oddly enough, I make the shot more times from the right flipper than I do with the left - I try to hit Colossos, miss, and some how it finds its way up...
• Deadpool bank - I haven't really focused on this shot and kind of take it when it happens. Stoked to have drops on a pro tho...
• Katana Ramp - Is it hard? Yes... But like I said earlier - I think the Colossos shot is harder. The Katana ramp is definitely easier to hit from a trap, but completely doable on the fly. This shot took way too much heat early on, and I feel like I want to avoid it because I've read how hard it is, but I hit it more times than not.
• Right loop - I find this shot tricky actually, but I'm also not a great player... This is probably my least favourite shot because the ball clunks against the wall before looping around. It just feels rough... I've looped this shot 5x in a row one game so that's cool!

Shaker - Great feedback from the shaker, specially when in a battle. Every hit has a good rumble, and tied in with the sub, the whole place - booms.

Rules - I think there's PLENTY going on for the average player like me. The game is straight forward, but it's also not a piece of cake. I'm looking forward to more details coming out in future updates, but saving booms, trying to get to 5x pf and completing battles will keep me busy for QUITE a while.

Animation - IMO it's Sterns best use of the screen to date. Fun to watch while others are playing and ties the theme in well.

Lighting - Really easy to understand where to shoot. Disco MB is WELL done even on the Pro, so I'd love to see how the disco ball looks in person. Might have to get one!

No Video mode? Seems like a good theme to add one!

All in all, I'm 100% happy with the purchase and would suggest this game to anyone lookin for a new machine.

Shout out to Nitro Pinball who was great to deal with for my first NIB.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-pro-1
DP all the way, and yes, PLEASE go and buy zmeny from SDTM ... You know that machine is MINT... and has all kinds of extras!!

I can't get the image of him doing the out of box set-up with the socks, shorts and headband. Gotta come down more on price to get that erased from my mind. Lol

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I can't get the image of him doing the out of box set-up with the socks, shorts and headband. Gotta come down more on price to get that erased from my mind. Lol

Or at least throw in socks and headband if price is firm. Not looking to get in shorts. Haha

#754 5 years ago

Hey All!

Deadpool #2 checking in! Loving the game so far. George has outdone himself this time and Jeremy's artwork package is amazing. Happy owner, glad to be onboard this crazy chimichanga truck with you all!!

011d200e5dec26684fbebc17b5e864315e954fde23 (resized).jpg011d200e5dec26684fbebc17b5e864315e954fde23 (resized).jpg013adb50ee90efbd0cbea842042c6e4c3894dfe877 (resized).jpg013adb50ee90efbd0cbea842042c6e4c3894dfe877 (resized).jpg017a77398742b3ea17ca797ece29efdfd249f49174 (resized).jpg017a77398742b3ea17ca797ece29efdfd249f49174 (resized).jpg01b2b5622ca9c34ba426a38dc00d2772f8c6b294be (resized).jpg01b2b5622ca9c34ba426a38dc00d2772f8c6b294be (resized).jpg
#755 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

So these NIB games come waxed from Stern (as I understand)

Says who?

#756 5 years ago

Buffed not waxed. I’ve never received a nib stern with waxed pf....

#757 5 years ago

I was read in another post that the first thing Stern does before they put a single part on the playfield is apply a coat of a wax. This was supposedly a piece of information garnered from a Stern factory tour.

I actually doubt the veracity of that claim after the discussion I had yesterday. I spoke to Stern technical support yesterday regarding a separate issue, but took the opportunity to ask what their recommendation was. Based on their comments, I believe the topic of waxing to be more of a 'religious' topic. From Stern's perspective (at least the person I spoke to), they don't believe waxing is necessary, at least with these modern playfields. As the tech understood the history of waxing playfields, this was something operators starting doing as it caused the balls to move faster and cause games to not last as long, thus earn more money. At some point this practice morphed into something that needs to be done in order to protect the playfields, which seems logical as I could see a layer of wax helping protect the surface.

I think a strong argument could be made for waxing an older game that just has paint and varnish, and possibly even a routed game. It's hard to deny that a coat of wax would add a layer of protection. These modern playfields have a relatively thick layer of plastic above the paint and wood, it would probably take a long time to work through that however. I think Stern's perspective may come less from the wax itself, but possibly some of the techniques required to maintain a waxed playfield, but possibly the various waxes being used. For example, pure Carnauba wax is probably harmless. However some waxes have petroleum distillates and others have abrasive components mixed in. Even then, at some point you might have to deal with wax build up, and everything related to that. Perhaps those chemicals have a greater negative impact to the playfield than the benefit of the wax itself. Who knows?

That all being said, I have a hard time not applying a coat of wax. We need to send this topic to the Mythbusters.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

I believe the topic of waxing to be more of a 'religious' topic.

We don't see a lot of anecdotal evidence of clearcoats disappearing that wax would have protected otherwise.

I used to wax my games in the beginning, but that was part of babying a new possession. As my collection has grown I've stopped worrying about it and its not like the games are all destroyed.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Hey All!
Deadpool #2 checking in! Loving the game so far. George has outdone himself this time and Jeremy's artwork package is amazing. Happy owner, glad to be onboard this crazy chimichanga truck with you all!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The #2 got me wondering, is it actual production #2 on the line or are numbers not mutually exclusive to when made.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Buffed not waxed. I’ve never received a nib stern with waxed pf....

Stern doesn't wax games, that wouldn't make sense... they are clearcoated. P.S... it's fast enough out of the box to need any wax initially...

#761 5 years ago

What size backbox speaker is needed? I may upgrade

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What you say makes sense regarding Juggernaut MB stacking, but even still arguably at this point Sabretooth should always be first given how super easy he is. He probably loses hit points too quickly in my opinion. He can be killed with one shot into L orbit if you have the Wolverine team-up. Constrast that with how much harder it is to take out Mystique and Jug. Doesn’t add up.

Juggernaut is the only battle you should consider when lil deadpool is qualified green. Mainly because shooting the side targets is so dangerous that you need that ball save even if you don't knock the second ball loose right away. I'll even choose Mystique over Sabertooth if I have a boom lit and the Wolverine teamup qualified. You can hit BOOM before the ball even gets back to your flippers, take a big chunk of damage, and just start ripping ramps right away. Sabertooth will still be easy later, you have to take advantage of everything you can for the other two.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Juggernaut is the only battle you should consider when lil deadpool is qualified green. Mainly because shooting the side targets is so dangerous that you need that ball save even if you don't knock the second ball loose right away. I'll even choose Mystique over Sabertooth if I have a boom lit and the Wolverine teamup qualified. You can hit BOOM before the ball even gets back to your flippers, take a big chunk of damage, and just start ripping ramps right away. Sabertooth will still be easy later, you have to take advantage of everything you can for the other two.

Fair enough- my bad I suppose I should qualify that I’m usually trying to beat a friend/gf quickly and get as many as points as I can as fast as I can (gf gets players 1, 3, and 4 cumulatively ).

You’re right, I’d rarely choose sabretooth first if I was going purely for balls out high score and game progress. I’d be paying much more attn to booms and team-ups.

#764 5 years ago

I'm still looking to get into the club and its killing me!! I'm still playing the game on location but it definitely doesn't play like it did on week one. It's been 1 month and the game needs gone over but I can't talk the owner into it. The rubbers are dirty, ball trails are visible now, the field is no longer level, right sling machine guns randomly, and the key shots are near impossible to make now. It's driving me insane lol. I know the best solution is to just buy one but I have a machine that I need gone first and my distributor is out of Pro's. The addiction is real!!!

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I'm still looking to get into the club and its killing me!! I'm still playing the game on location but it definitely doesn't play like it did on week one. It's been 1 month and the game needs gone over but I can't talk the owner into it. The rubbers are dirty, ball trails are visible now, the field is no longer level, right sling machine guns randomly, and the key shots are near impossible to make now. It's driving me insane lol. I know the best solution is to just buy one but I have a machine that I need gone first and my distributor is out of Pro's. The addiction is real!!!

Wow, the game must be played a ton in that month for it to be that dirty and seemingly abused.

It is a fun game and it will be worth the wait. I like the game because of how different it is and how difficult it is (it's hard enough when setup up properly, you don't need the additional challenge of the game not being level). I love the theming and the artwork, especially on the Pro cabinet and backbox. I'm looking forward to the software updates (although I'm bummed that updates blow away the high scores and other accounting information). I wish they'd export that data as a JSON file (or something) during the update, and then give you the ability to import (or do it by default) so you maintain that data in the running machine, but I digress.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Wow, the game must be played a ton in that month for it to be that dirty and seemingly abused.
It is a fun game and it will be worth the wait. I like the game because of how different it is and how difficult it is (it's hard enough when setup up properly, you don't need the additional challenge of the game not being level). I love the theming and the artwork, especially on the Pro cabinet and backbox. I'm looking forward to the software updates (although I'm bummed that updates blow away the high scores and other accounting information). I wish they'd export that data as a JSON file (or something) during the update, and then give you the ability to import (or do it by default) so you maintain that data in the running machine, but I digress.

Go thru utilities. There is a way to dump your audits to USB.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Go thru utilities. There is a way to dump your audits to USB.

Yes but there is no way to put them back in after updating the code. I understand how things like high scores might not be as applicable to save between versions, but play count and settings should stay after a code update. Every time I update code I have to put it back on free play, have it use really knocker, turn off the fake screeching knocker, set the volume, etc. Virtually every other product out there (including pins from other manufacturers) remembers your settings after a software update. The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

#768 5 years ago

just unboxed a new pro last night. I was a bit worried as i did not inspect it first. Everything worked right out of the box, the playfield is gorgeous. Enjoying it so far.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes but there is no way to put them back in after updating the code. I understand how things like high scores might not be as applicable to save between versions, but play count and settings should stay after a code update. Every time I update code I have to put it back on free play, have it use really knocker, turn off the fake screeching knocker, set the volume, etc. Virtually every other product out there (including pins from other manufacturers) remembers your settings after a software update. The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

Fair enough. Nobody can rightfully argue that. maybe we can get this changed.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

I don’t like that behavior. Note that the earnings/coins are retained, and I’m not sure those can be erased easily.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

It's not exactly abused perse', they just aren't keeping up on it. Out of the 18 pins that they have DP definitely gets the most play because there's always someone on it or it has a line. I'd love to know what the audits say as far as plays.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

Then someone sale machine and says, HUO low plays 450 and it's 3 years olds. That should be one audit that can't be changed.

#773 5 years ago

FYI: I have a tournament button on most all of my Stern game. And after code update it retains the winners and any cash payout.

#774 5 years ago

Anyone else have a problem powering up their game? Mine didn't power up after 10 minutes and I had to turn it off and back on. This happened to me twice. I heard the bill collector power on, but the machine stays off. I still need to update the code, but would this cause it to happen?

#775 5 years ago

Only a few figures left to track down and Will be ready for the next round of modifications to our Deadpool pro. So happy we made this our 1st NIB machine.

027716AB-BC63-436D-AEEB-1313668345CE (resized).jpeg027716AB-BC63-436D-AEEB-1313668345CE (resized).jpegA40E6662-A0AF-4071-AE0E-D4639D0B379E (resized).jpegA40E6662-A0AF-4071-AE0E-D4639D0B379E (resized).jpeg
#776 5 years ago
Quoted from Finisher604:

Only a few figures left to track down and Will be ready for the next round of modifications to our Deadpool pro. So happy we made this our 1st NIB machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Dazzler too big? I bought the same one and she was too big for the machine. I did get 3.75" Colossus and Wolverine installed. Damn Stern has then riveted in place so I had to drill out the rivets. Still have not found a Domino character to replace the standee.

#777 5 years ago

Is anyone taking the DP in his hammock and modifying it with an action figure and cloth hammock? I’m tempted but would love someone to be able to make a sturdy base to do it. Anyone else thinking about doing it?

BF9D95D4-738F-4532-9868-78B6B3EEBC5E (resized).jpegBF9D95D4-738F-4532-9868-78B6B3EEBC5E (resized).jpeg
#778 5 years ago

This dazzler fits nicely. It’s diecast but size matches well...

BA920DCF-DC87-434F-9095-A9FCE8EC84DA (resized).jpegBA920DCF-DC87-434F-9095-A9FCE8EC84DA (resized).jpeg
#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

This dazzler fits nicely. It’s diecast but size matches well...
[quoted image]

Where did you find it?

#780 5 years ago

There’s several on eBay and a couple on amazon. Search for 4” dazzler figure.

I haven’t received the pros I’m waiting on. But, will be customizing two of them. Reading through the online service manual, I’ll try to light her through the dazzler flasher and use nano spots so the lighting is discreet and tied to game play.

#781 5 years ago

Thought this was a cool touch...

0FB4D6BE-6190-4789-AD64-4AAEEF02B984 (resized).jpeg0FB4D6BE-6190-4789-AD64-4AAEEF02B984 (resized).jpeg95B8F0AB-CAAD-40A1-ADA2-7975C2AD10C1 (resized).jpeg95B8F0AB-CAAD-40A1-ADA2-7975C2AD10C1 (resized).jpegCBBEC7BE-1AB2-4B43-B348-8AA0D6F15EB4 (resized).jpegCBBEC7BE-1AB2-4B43-B348-8AA0D6F15EB4 (resized).jpeg
#782 5 years ago

The dazzler I found is a 3.75" one from 1997 series not many options out there. Most are 6" now a days way too big

Quoted from foxtj24:

Is that Dazzler too big? I bought the same one and she was too big for the machine. I did get 3.75" Colossus and Wolverine installed. Damn Stern has then riveted in place so I had to drill out the rivets. Still have not found a Domino character to replace the standee.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anyone else have a problem powering up their game? Mine didn't power up after 10 minutes and I had to turn it off and back on. This happened to me twice. I heard the bill collector power on, but the machine stays off. I still need to update the code, but would this cause it to happen?

This happened to me once on a SW. I simply unplugged and replugged the power cable behind the machine and at the wall as well and it never happened again. Start there.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

There’s several on eBay and a couple on amazon. Search for 4” dazzler figure.
I haven’t received the pros I’m waiting on. But, will be customizing two of them. Reading through the online service manual, I’ll try to light her through the dazzler flasher and use nano spots so the lighting is discreet and tied to game play.

Care to share a link. I only find the 2017 6". Not the one you have.

#785 5 years ago

Upgraded lower playfield area G.I...

20181012_133027 (resized).jpg20181012_133027 (resized).jpg

#787 5 years ago

I keep asking the owners about the state of their boards after playing some games ... is it the issue of putting the playfield protector ... if it's worth it or not ?.
Today I have seen a video presenting the machine in Germany and many holes are seen in the field because of the ball ... I'm not sure if I can pin it or not

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I keep asking the owners about the state of their boards after playing some games ... is it the issue of putting the playfield protector ... if it's worth it or not ?.
Today I have seen a video presenting the machine in Germany and many holes are seen in the field because of the ball ... I'm not sure if I can pin it or not

This will happen to every pinball machine. If you want to avoid it, install a protestor.

#789 5 years ago

In this video you clearly see the defects on the board ... happens to you? Thank you

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

In this video you clearly see the defects on the board ... happens to you? Thank you

Yes. Happens to every game.

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Mine started off with a glass fine finish, 350 games in and it’s looking a lot like the game in the video (not as bad yet, but mine will get there)

#792 5 years ago

Where’s the power source on these new spike 2 systems (for the speaker lights)? I can’t find where to plug into. Used to be to the right of the coin door

#793 5 years ago

I think it's better to buy the protector then ...

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Where’s the power source on these new spike 2 systems (for the speaker lights)? I can’t find where to plug into. Used to be to the right of the coin door

Right side of the head.

#795 5 years ago

Never mind, I found it. Just a little to anxious. Haha

#796 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#797 5 years ago

Speakerlight.com
They look great. I like the acrylic design too.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

This will happen to every pinball machine. If you want to avoid it, install a protestor.

Good idea, this one seems appropriate for DP! .....

21CF13FC-95F2-46FA-9E11-31D09C27E9F8 (resized).png21CF13FC-95F2-46FA-9E11-31D09C27E9F8 (resized).png

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Thought this was a cool touch...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You going to be selling these?

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

You going to be selling these?

No, wasn’t planning on it. I did them for two pros I’m doing up. It’s not hard to do. Just a little patience. You’ll need the figure, 3/4” steel ball bearings and JB weld. I’m planning to try to light the figures with nano spotlights(they are a smaller, one piece LED spotlights that are easy to hide and have a pretty small diameter beam). I havent figured out the lighting tie in yet. I’d prefer to make them interactive where I can. But, happy to share what I do once I finish. Waiting on the machines to arrive...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 324.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/16?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.