(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,267 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 326.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I had JP here on rental and sent it away after the first month. The Nedry ahhahha ahhh tilt warnings are horrible. the left ramp call out is over and over every game.
Played rick and Morty at a show, and found the get to the garage callout frustrating in the same way, but if it was here i'd probs just practice the shot so i could shut it up.

You just gotta make the shot Punkin...

I own RM and there are some redundant call outs but like DP there are so many and so many are very good! And, it’s pinball so it’s all redundant. Having multiple game’s does help though.

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got magic unicorn powder the other day while fucking around. cool. as. fuck.

Is this part of the recent new code?

#8253 3 years ago

Pretty sure it's Lil deadpool frenzy. you have to hit the drops there about 10 or 12 times and then they fall. After that hit the green light and you get it.
Was that buzy doing a dance that i dropped the ball straight after that

#8254 3 years ago

Looking to replace the pinballs on my machine.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE this game,
but when I first played it, all the metal clunking sounds,
I thought that wasn't good.

The pinballs are pretty darned scratched up.
So I'll be buying new ones...
are there any that are actually harder than the std ones?

I really don't care about a polish they're just going to be beat to shit
and scratched up by the hellhouse anyway.

Thoughts?

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thoughts?

I like the carbon steel ball from ballbaron or pinball life
I have tried the high polish ninja balls but they feel like they slide and spin more on the playfield causing un predictable play.

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thoughts?

I typically use the Ball Baron Ninja balls. Change them out around every 500 games.

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thoughts?

I’ve tried A LOT of different balls and Titan super shinys have been my favorite go to and you don’t have to worry about magnetism. As someone mentioned above about ball baron and the ninjas, they seem to slide and spin more than normal balls (not a fan). Pinball life regular balls seem ok too - I loved their super shine ones too - wish they still carried those.

#8258 3 years ago

I use Ninjas. Got some here i'll replace some balls in my sterns tomoz.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I use Ninjas. Got some here i'll replace some balls in my sterns tomoz.

Ohhhhh I hate ninjas!!!

#8260 3 years ago

Sooo many ninja's.

balls1 (resized).jpgballs1 (resized).jpg

ShurikenPunkin

#8261 3 years ago

My 6 year old son put this up today. He comes running upstairs yelling "Dad!! I almost got Mega-cracka-donnis-rex!! I just didn't beat Megaladon!"

I thought to myself, 'oh wow holy sh*t, he probably got a good 200 million or so.' Noooosir.

PXL_20210114_230957092 (resized).jpgPXL_20210114_230957092 (resized).jpg
#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

My 6 year old son put this up today. He comes running upstairs yelling "Dad!! I almost got Mega-cracka-donnis-rex!! I just didn't beat Megaladon!"
I thought to myself, 'oh wow holy sh*t, he probably got a good 200 million or so.' Noooosir.
[quoted image]

Wow that's awesome.

Ps I'm 55 and I still really dont know what the hell mega-whateverthehellitscalled-rex is

#8263 3 years ago

So jealous of natural talent. My GC score on my machine is mine at 655m and I'm 56 years old.

Tell your son he's better than all my mates, but not yet better than me.

Looking forward to getting my backside kicked by a 6 year old.

Great story.

#8264 3 years ago

heu... i see 56 & 55 years old above... than i'm 54, but than my high is 6B+

#8265 3 years ago

I posted this question on the tech forum also.
I updated my dead pool with the last code it erased everything all audits and my adjustments this is the first time it’s happened does anyone know why?

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I posted this question on the tech forum also.
I updated my dead pool with the last code it erased everything all audits and my adjustments this is the first time it’s happened does anyone know why?

Normal if you do a full update. You can save scores and adjustments to a flash drive before update, then after update you can dump that back into game.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Normal if you do a full update. You can save scores and adjustments to a flash drive before update, then after update you can dump that back into game.

But what I am confused about is it erased lifetime plays

#8268 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I've done full updates on DP and AIQ and never had any adjustments, scores or plays cleared...

#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've done full updates on DP and AIQ and never had any adjustments, scores or plays cleared...

exactly so I am really confused on what happened..

#8270 3 years ago

I installed Comet’s GI kit in my Deadpool today. Got to to say I love the Sunlight GI and the removal of the red. I highly recommend. I did not install the spot lights yet, but will play around with those too as I could see they would light up some dark spots nicely.

7A8CD3B9-76BE-495A-AEB4-E44B3D28A091 (resized).jpeg7A8CD3B9-76BE-495A-AEB4-E44B3D28A091 (resized).jpeg

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Wasn't that stated first thing in the read me file for this update?
Probably due to new nod firmeware.

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I installed Comet’s GI kit in my Deadpool today. Got to to say I love the Sunlight GI and the removal of the red. I highly recommend. I did not install the spot lights yet, but will play around with those too as I could see they would light up some dark spots nicely.
[quoted image]

I bought the same kit several months ago. I only replaced the bottom half of the playfield led's because I was lazy. Added the spotlights and it really brightens the playfield. Very good purchase from Comet.

#8273 3 years ago

I am in for a Pro, getting one from the March run.

Anyone help with instructions for installing the playfield protector? What do I have to remove to get it installed?

What else do I need before the first ball is played?

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I am in for a Pro, getting one from the March run.
Anyone help with instructions for installing the playfield protector? What do I have to remove to get it installed?
What else do I need before the first ball is played?

Just remember, it will play slightly different with a protector. Plus dust and hairs etc will sneak underneath the protector and you will see it. Just things to consider

To install you will likely have to take almost everything off the playfield before installing

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Curious to what you find out on this...

#8276 3 years ago

2 of the GI bulbs near my flippers are reacting to the flippers being engaged. I don't think it is a short but more so the vibration that is causing them to flicker as I can reproduce by gently poking the bulbs. It the the bulbs closest to the base of each flipper that are giving me trouble.

I am going to try to reseat the bulbs but if this is not the fix do I have to remove the flipper assemblies to get at the wiring for these? Sure looks like it but I wanted to check with anyone who has done this before.

Cheers

#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

2 of the GI bulbs near my flippers are reacting to the flippers being engaged. I don't think it is a short but more so the vibration that is causing them to flicker as I can reproduce by gently poking the bulbs. It the the bulbs closest to the base of each flipper that are giving me trouble.
I am going to try to reseat the bulbs but if this is not the fix do I have to remove the flipper assemblies to get at the wiring for these? Sure looks like it but I wanted to check with anyone who's done this before.
Cheers

If you're talking about the ones under the plastic guides on the left and right inlanes next to the flippers, just unscrew the two screws holding each plastic guide, take them off, and pop the bulbs out. Replacing them with comets fixes this most of the time because Stern uses ultra-cheap bulbs. If it doesn't pinching the socket a little for better grip does.

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're talking about the ones under the plastic guides on the left and right inlanes next to the flippers, just unscrew the two screws holding each plastic guide, take them off, and pop the bulbs out. Replacing them with comets fixes this most of the time because Stern uses ultra-cheap bulbs. If it doesn't pinching the socket a little for better grip does.

Thank you @vireland, I actually have the Comet kit on its way. I'll try reseating for now, then swap these bulbs once my Comet order arrives

#8279 3 years ago

FYI, just posted my Deadpool 3D flipper toppers in the Pinside Marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108706

DP (resized).pngDP (resized).png
#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Curious to what you find out on this...

Did it happen to you? Someone said it was a firmware update on the last code.

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Did it happen to you? Someone said it was a firmware update on the last code.

No, luckily hasn't happened to me... I want to avoid it!

#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I am going to try to reseat the bulbs but if this is not the fix do I have to remove the flipper assemblies to get at the wiring for these? Sure looks like it but I wanted to check with anyone who has done this before.
Cheers

Yes, you'll have to drop the bats and the flipper mechs have to come off to get to them. Just did it on my Walking Dead and DP next.
Not so much the LED bulbs but the cheapo bayonet light sockets Stern use that go intermittent in short order.
Get better quality sockets where the base has a bonded lug to the socket body one piece (if that makes sense), not sockets using a spacer between the socket body and lug, that's where the problem happens, the body gets loose due to vibration. You're going to go to all the effort to get to them so you might as well replace them.
Ensure sure you put the cardboard barriers back on. Staplers are a bugger to get off and refit.
I find the same problem eventually happens with the playfield back panel light sockets too.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Thank you vireland, I actually have the Comet kit on its way. I'll try reseating for now, then swap these bulbs once my Comet order arrives

I have had this problem too and replaced bulbs and works fine now.

#8284 3 years ago

All....want to upgrade lighting...Comet upgrade or pinstadium? I know a different price range! Was thinking Comet because I don't feel like DP is the kind of game that would benefit from the brightness of pinstadiums. Thoughts welcome!

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

All....want to upgrade lighting...Comet upgrade or pinstadium? I know a different price range! Was thinking Comet because I don't feel like DP is the kind of game that would benefit from the brightness of pinstadiums. Thoughts welcome!

I think DP is the perfect candidate for PinStadiums. The game is way too dark by default and that’s of course not helped by the red bulbs.

Shine some good lighting on that beautiful artwork!

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The Comet upgrade ain’t bad for the money...with the Comet spots in there I really don’t feel like the playfield is under-lit. Could it be brighter? Of course, but I have a Pro and I felt like my money was better spent on other things like a shaker and HD glass (expensive but definitely worth the $ to show off the beautiful playfield artwork).

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I have the Comet spot lights on the slings and that was enough for me. Well that and swapping some colored bulbs with sunlights.

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I think DP is the perfect candidate for PinStadiums. The game is way too dark by default and that’s of course not helped by the red bulbs.

I have the comet kit on mine with the post lights kits. It's A huge difference. It's less obtrusive than pinstadiums. I have pinstadiums on other pins with sides blades and they don't stick to the blades long term. In my opinion the comet light kit is a better long term solution for pins with side blades. Its more work to change out all the bulbs and install the post light kits but worth it. Pinstadiums cover part of the blades and block the view of them.

#8289 3 years ago

Here is what those flipper look like. get them here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108706
dp1 (resized).jpgdp1 (resized).jpgdp2 (resized).jpgdp2 (resized).jpg

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks all for the replies!

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I've got both.

#8292 3 years ago

Mirror blades are in and dam they look great.

161090296732343170938637803185 (resized).jpg161090296732343170938637803185 (resized).jpg
#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Mirror blades are in and dam they look great.

That disco ball is really gonna sparkle now!

#8294 3 years ago

If anyone is interested i am selling me flippers with the toppers for $15 shipped. PM me if interested.

flipper (resized).jpgflipper (resized).jpg

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks all for the replies!

I bought the Pinstadium Neos. Love them. I also added a trough light. Additionally you can attach the UV to a flasher, I chose the Wolverine. This is an earlier photo, when I was still setting it up, but will give you an idea.

KIMG0442 (resized).JPGKIMG0442 (resized).JPG
#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I bought the Pinstadium Neos. Love them. I also added a trough light. Additionally you can attach the UV to a flasher, I chose the Wolverine. This is an earlier photo, when I was still setting it up, but will give you an idea.
[quoted image]

Looks great. If you could post a pic when it goes to UV that would be awesome. I’m contemplating buying myself.

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Looks great. If you could post a pic when it goes to UV that would be awesome. I’m contemplating buying myself.

I have the GI set to light blue. The light blue gives a little glow and when the UV hits, it's not to distracting. I'll be able to post a better pic tomorrow.

#8298 3 years ago

Really digging Deadpool. Only played the pro.Is the premium worth the extra money over the pro? Didn’t care for it at first but the more I played it on location the more I love it.

I love the old video game sound effects like Tempest and the old school street fighter fighting sequences. If my Elvira order falls through this will be my next pin.

Thanks for any help. Got this custom neon sign for my 50th birthday today.

9841D3F0-7DC5-4658-B966-7D13AB504E23 (resized).jpeg9841D3F0-7DC5-4658-B966-7D13AB504E23 (resized).jpeg

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Really digging Deadpool. Only played the pro.Is the premium worth the extra money over the pro? Didn’t care for it at first but the more I played it on location the more I love it.
I love the old video game sound effects like Tempest and the old school street fighter fighting sequences. If my Elvira order falls through this will be my next pin.
Thanks for any help. Got this custom neon sign for my 50th birthday today.
[quoted image]

Love Deadpool. I have a pro, but have put a good number of games on le on location. The biggest playing difference is the loop/orbit to inlane diverter to me. I love drop targets and would really like to have them, but on the sides, i can do without. You won't be disappointed either way. Pro may be easier to find.

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Love Deadpool. I have a pro, but have put a good number of games on le on location. The biggest playing difference is the loop/orbit to inlane diverter to me. I love drop targets and would really like to have them, but on the sides, i can do without. You won't be disappointed either way. Pro may be easier to find.

awesome. Thanks for your feedback

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

There are 16,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/166?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.