(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 326.
#8201 3 years ago

I am about to pull the trigger on a Deadpool Pro. Super stoked. It has code 1.02 installed.

How is 1.05? Is anyone experiencing any issues? Should I wait a few months before updating?

#8202 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Update on my playfield chipping issue: Stern has replied and asked for my mailing address to send me an unpopulated playfield under warranty! That was surprisingly (very pleasantly so) quick! I don’t know yet when to expect it to ship, but I at least have confirmation that they intend to replace the defective playfield

This makes me happy! I think this is really the best outcome that one could hope for. They’re not going to send a populated playfield or pay labor to swap the parts over to the new playfield. I work in the commercial office furniture industry, and most of our manufacturers will send parts all day but only a handful will cover parts AND labor (or completely replace a major assembly). Stern is doing the right thing from my perspective. Probably the only other bit of help would have to come from the distributor, if they would offer to swap the parts over for you. This is highly unlikely though, and might be a double edged sword...no one is going to take as much care with swapping the parts over as you will. Please send a photo of the new playfield when it arrived if you think about it...would love to see that Zombie Yeti artwork without all of the other ‘stuff’ in the way!

#8203 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Please send a photo of the new playfield when it arrived if you think about it...would love to see that Zombie Yeti artwork without all of the other ‘stuff’ in the way!

Good call. There is soo much stuff tucked behind mechs and such. Whenever I look over the playfield I usually find something I haven't noticed before.

I wish I would have noticed my chip sooner but I don't think it would have mattered. I am not the original owner and I bought it just outside of the 6 month warranty. The Cliffy will cover it up though and I put in washers to ensure the damage doesn't continue.

#8204 3 years ago

This makes me happy! I think this is really the best outcome that one could hope for. They’re not going to send a populated playfield or pay labor to swap the parts over to the new playfield. I work in the commercial office furniture industry, and most of our manufacturers will send parts all day but only a handful will cover parts AND labor (or completely replace a major assembly). Stern is doing the right thing from my perspective. Probably the only other bit of help would have to come from the distributor, if they would offer to swap the parts over for you. This is highly unlikely though, and might be a double edged sword...no one is going to take as much care with swapping the parts over as you will. Please send a photo of the new playfield when it arrived if you think about it...would love to see that Zombie Yeti artwork without all of the other ‘stuff’ in the way!

Agreed, and an unpopulated playfield is all I was looking for I still need to figure out how to get the SNIKT! target to work reliably (I’ve put an anti-sway bracket on it, but need to try to mess with its positioning or something else), but other than the playfield defects, I don’t have any mechanical issues that I’ve seen in these 3 months since the machine was built and acquired that I feel would warrant or require any other replacement parts, and so wouldn’t even consider asking for anything in that regard! I was only seeking a correction for the part that was damaged, and they were very expedient and easy to work with to get that committed to!

#8205 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I still need to figure out how to get the SNIKT! target to work reliably (I’ve put an anti-sway bracket on it, but need to try to mess with its positioning or something else)

Do you think it is a function of the target? There are a lot of posts in here that talk about alignment but it certainly is not an easy shot.

What is the pitch of your game? 7 degrees seems to be what is recommended for making the SNIKT and Katana ball guide shot most reliably.

#8206 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Do you think it is a function of the target? There are a lot of posts in here that talk about alignment but it certainly is not an easy shot.
What is the pitch of your game? 7 degrees seems to be what is recommended for making the SNIKT and Katana ball guide shot most reliably.

I don't think you will find anybody making that shot every time or very close to it. My game plays better closer to 6.5 degrees. I had most of my games steeper before, but have found 6.5 things just feel better. You can open up outlanes to make it tougher. You can change settings in the menu as well. Too steep and the shots change. All that said, every game can be just a bit different. Find what you like and what works.

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Update on my playfield chipping issue: Stern has replied and asked for my mailing address to send me an unpopulated playfield under warranty! That was surprisingly (very pleasantly so) quick! I don’t know yet when to expect it to ship, but I at least have confirmation that they intend to replace the defective playfield

Great news, and quick! Glad you got a good outcome.

#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I've mentioned it a few times. Love all of the added high scores in 1.04/1.05, but 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy high score definitely doesn't work in either code update.

Thank you sir. Ill hold off on the fix (Im sure it has to be coming). My friend just put some initials in and I know I would get accused of something if I cleared them all now. Sucks to hear it wasnt fixed with 1.05

#8209 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I’m certainly no top tier player, but I can confirm that it seems more a function of the target setup than my ability to hit the target reliably. I had tested various positional changes to the target prior to getting and applying the anti-sway, and found there was a certain sweet spot position that was extremely reliable to complete the SNIKT! shot repeatedly, and just haven’t been able to find that position again yet (and, of course, the target didn’t stay in that position for long when it didn’t have the anti-sway bracket). Admittedly, I need to take the time to fiddle with the positions again, as I haven’t recently, but that’s really the only other complaint I’ve had with the machine! I’ve still managed to get a ~2.6 billion score without it (though yes, we do have replays set to reward EBs on our machines since they are HUO and free play :p), so no complaints in the fun department for lack of SNIKT! Though I can’t imagine what kind of fun the game must be when you can reliably put up to 5x playfield multipliers on the craziness happening at any given time!

#8210 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I’m certainly no top tier player, but I can confirm that it seems more a function of the target setup than my ability to hit the target reliably. I had tested various positional changes to the target prior to getting and applying the anti-sway, and found there was a certain sweet spot position that was extremely reliable to complete the SNIKT! shot repeatedly, and just haven’t been able to find that position again yet (and, of course, the target didn’t stay in that position for long when it didn’t have the anti-sway bracket). Admittedly, I need to take the time to fiddle with the positions again, as I haven’t recently, but that’s really the only other complaint I’ve had with the machine! I’ve still managed to get a ~2.6 billion score without it (though yes, we do have replays set to reward EBs on our machines since they are HUO and free play :p), so no complaints in the fun department for lack of SNIKT! Though I can’t imagine what kind of fun the game must be when you can reliably put up to 5x playfield multipliers on the craziness happening at any given time!

I don't think anyone can reliably put up 5x multipliers from the Snikt...

I have the Anti-Sway bracket and I just mounted the bracket back into the original mounting holes and later on trimmed a little of the "lip" on the back portion of the target since on my machine the target ends up hitting the metal guide and the slight trimming allowed the target to "move" a little when hit.

Still a very difficult shot, but I can usually get 2X or 3X at least once most games and have had 5X a handful of times (in 3500+ games played). Current high score on 1.03 code is 4.8 Billion and I have completed the final Mr. Sinister mode once...

#8211 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I’m certainly no top tier player, but I can confirm that it seems more a function of the target setup than my ability to hit the target reliably.

It takes a real precise shot but oh boy is it satisfying when you hit it clean. I don't have the anti sway on mine but I can't say I have noticed it move much at all and I've put over 1000 games on it since November and it had about 1200 games on it when I bought it. Perhaps just luck so far.

One thing that has helped me learn how to make that shot, and by no means am I anywhere near consistent, was from practicing to hit the Wolverine spinner on the fly. I find if I hit the left ramp and then shoot just a tad late for the center spinner that is the sweet spot and I can usually feel/know it is gonna be a clean snikt as soon as it comes off the flipper. In MB however I just try to fire up the middle whenever a ball is on the left flipper while ball save on and pray to the wolvie berserk gods.

As a good friend of mine likes to say, "If you're not flailin', you're not flippin'!" hah

Quoted from awesome1:

Still a very difficult shot, but I can usually get 2X or 3X at least once most games and have had 5X a handful of times (in 3500+ games played). Current high score on 1.03 code is 4.8 Billion and I have completed the final Mr. Sinister mode once...

Whoa, you should update to 1.04/.05. If you put up 4.8 bil on 1.03 that would likely be larger with the new additions such a multiple Mech Suit multiballs and ability to stack a few more things.

#8212 3 years ago

I tend to get it as a missed spinner shot, right of the spinner will come off the pop.

#8213 3 years ago

It takes a real precise shot but oh boy is it satisfying when you hit it clean. I don't have the anti sway on mine but I can't say I have noticed it move much at all and I've put over 1000 games on it since November and it had about 1200 games on it when I bought it. Perhaps just luck so far.
One thing that has helped me learn how to make that shot, and by no means am I anywhere near consistent, was from practicing to hit the Wolverine spinner on the fly. I find if I hit the left ramp and then shoot just a tad late for the center spinner that is the sweet spot and I can usually feel/know it is gonna be a clean snikt as soon as it comes off the flipper. In MB however I just try to fire up the middle whenever a ball is on the left flipper while ball save on and pray to the wolvie berserk gods.
As a good friend of mine likes to say, "If you're not flailin', you're not flippin'!" hah

This is me exactly. No anti-sway bar, I've put probably 1100 games on it and I have never really had a problem with the Snikt shot. Pretty much everything you described is the way I play lol. Super satisfying shot!

#8214 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Whoa, you should update to 1.04/.05. If you put up 4.8 bil on 1.03 that would likely be larger with the new additions such a multiple Mech Suit multiballs and ability to stack a few more things.

I have updated to 1.05

Right when the new code came out I received my Avengers Infinity Quest, so I haven't been putting as many games on my Deadpool in the last couple of months. Don't worry - it's not going anywhere! Once the honeymoon phase with AIQ dies down a little, I'll get back to my other games more!

I haven't "Blown it up" with the new 1.05 code yet, but have broke 2 Billion a couple times.

#8215 3 years ago

Cointaker has mirror blades single pack fits stern dmd/spike for $85 or 2 pack for stern dmd $127.
Sold my StarTrek Premium so I cant compare cab size.
I assume they are the same, can anyone confirm.

#8216 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Cointaker has mirror blades single pack fits stern dmd/spike for $85 or 2 pack for stern dmd $127.
Sold my StarTrek Premium so I cant compare cab size.
I assume they are the same, can anyone confirm.

Yep, same. Since you mentioned Star trek...

20210107_213759.jpg20210107_213759.jpg
#8217 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Yep, same. Since you mentioned Star trek...[quoted image]

Thank you, I have no need for a second set of blades yet..

#8218 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Thank you, I have no need for a second set of blades yet..

Yet....

#8219 3 years ago

Sounds like a good enough reason to give the wife for why he had to buy another pinball machine...

#8220 3 years ago

Hey All! Looks like my trough eject was set too high. 225 plays on the ticker. I took the eject setting down to 190 (factory set at 220). Is there anything I can do mitigate the flaking of the clear coat?

F926EFDF-EF7D-43E7-9F28-461BB8952676 (resized).jpegF926EFDF-EF7D-43E7-9F28-461BB8952676 (resized).jpeg
#8221 3 years ago

Just bumping this. Anyone having any issues due to the 1.05 code update? I’m on 1.02.

Quoted from Mattyk:

I am about to pull the trigger on a Deadpool Pro. Super stoked. It has code 1.02 installed.
How is 1.05? Is anyone experiencing any issues? Should I wait a few months before updating?

#8222 3 years ago

Hey All! Looks like my trough eject was set too high. 225 plays on the ticker. I took the eject setting down to 190 (factory set at 220). Is there anything I can do mitigate the flaking of the clear coat?
[quoted image]

Set eject as low as possible and get cliffys or similar.

#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Set eject as low as possible and get cliffys or similar.

Ok will do. Thanks!

#8224 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Just bumping this. Anyone having any issues due to the 1.05 code update? I’m on 1.02.

Works great in mine.

#8225 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Keep your power down, order some cliffys and while you're waiting, cut a piece of mylar that looks kind of like a pair of pants and cover your shooter lane from the switch to just past where the ball comes out. Clean the shooter lane with rubbing alcohol, let it dry then put the mylar on to protect your shooter lane. You can even leave it on under the cliffys when they come.

These are the paper backing for various mylar protectors I've cut. You can get bulk mylar from pinball life here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

Get yourself at least 24" x 24". It's great to have around for on-demand projects like this.
shooter-lane-templates (resized).jpgshooter-lane-templates (resized).jpg

#8226 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

IMO the new code is awesome. Checkout the jukebox

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Update, it's great! Only issue I have encountered is 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy high score doesn't work, but they added a ton of leaderboards and the jukebox is cool as well.

#8228 3 years ago

Ok will do. Thanks!

A quick temporary solution is electrical tape in the shooter lane. If you dont have mylar

#8229 3 years ago

Does anyone know the reference number for the slingshot posts that holds the rubber? The top left post on the left slingshot cracked. It's still holding up but I would like to replace it. I looked at the manual three times and cannot find a reference number for that particular post.

#8230 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Does anyone know the reference number for the slingshot posts that holds the rubber? The top left post on the left slingshot cracked. It's still holding up but I would like to replace it. I looked at the manual three times and cannot find a reference number for that particular post.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

Should be these.

#8231 3 years ago

Sorry, I meant the actual metal post that goes under the playfield and through this plastic. I wasn't clear in my description. But I need one of these as well so thank you! Looking around the site I see few posts listed. I might just buy a couple of each so I have parts. Thanks!

#8232 3 years ago

hey, I just replaced all the rubbers with the exception of the long ones behind the left and right side drop targets. It doesn't say in the owners manual what size they are? I had to leave them stock and unfortuantly they look faded compared to the titan silicon ones. Anyone know what size they are?

#8233 3 years ago

Is there a recommended way to clean the blue rubber nubs at the ball guides and ramps? Novus2 perhaps?

If they don't clean up nice, where would you get replacement rubber? Would these titan bumpers work? https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=159

Would be nice if we could use them as there is a red option, the stock blue looks kind of out of place.

#8234 3 years ago

deleted- double post

#8235 3 years ago

I just pop off rubbers and clean them in simple green in the sink if they are good but dirty

#8236 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I just pop off rubbers and clean them in simple green in the sink if they are good but dirty

Ok, thanks. Have you ever tried to replace them?

#8237 3 years ago

haven’t replaced the ones at entrance ramp, I took them off and flipped them around 180 deg last week.

Those look to me to be stoppers like at the end of a ramp where a ball drops. Not the same I don’t think, but someone may be able to correct me

#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Is there a recommended way to clean the blue rubber nubs at the ball guides and ramps? Novus2 perhaps?
If they don't clean up nice, where would you get replacement rubber?

From the manual if you look at the pieces for the ball guides you'll see this part:
- Rubber Bumper Blue (626-5067-00)

These seem to be stock blue for all Stern games. Here is the part at PinballLife

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-blue-rubber-bumper-626-5067-00.html?Category_Code=

I'm terms of cleaning I've used rubbing alcohol on a rag to scrub those in place and they clean up pretty nice.

#8239 3 years ago

thanks @smack!

#8240 3 years ago

Working on better illumination of my disco ball mod on the Pro.
Can anyone tell me what bulb is in the spots for the premium oe disco lights.
Not happy with the light out put of all I have tested from comet.
The only one I didnt get was the 8smd flasher, (will this hold up to constant power during disco multiball?)
Also Im not stuck on 5v could easily go 12v as long as it has wedge base.

#8241 3 years ago

Deadpool was the first pinball (NIB) machine I ever purchased back in October of 2018.

I have 6 pins now but still consider DP my favorite.

I had never gotten to the final WIZARD mode before (I had reached the mini-wizard mode around 3-4 times -- the The Megakrakolodonus Rex) but last night, while playing a casual game, which started with my first ball only getting 20M, I ended up breaking my all-time record on DP but also hit the final Wizard mode AND finished it! Woo-hoo! Was a great feeling, a little after two years after purchasing this awesome game.

I suspect the latest code update might have added some "extra balls" though, since I used to only get 1-2 before but must have seen 3-4 this time around (thanks for that!). Either way, I just wanted to thank the entire crew behind this game. KUDOS, AMAZING and I hope you guys get another chance at a Stern pin with "personality" because the last few games coming out of their warehouse (other than ELVIRA, of course) have been pretty 'meh' in my opinion.

DEADPOOL-highscore-finished-WIZARD-MODE (resized).JPGDEADPOOL-highscore-finished-WIZARD-MODE (resized).JPG
#8242 3 years ago

My first NIB and first machine and my all time favourite out of 24 pinball machines.

Then i bought an Attack from Mars remake, DP fave no longer.

#8243 3 years ago

DP Pro was also my first pinball purchase, and I would have kept it as the layout and shots are super satisfying, however those damn callouts during the 3 battles really started annoying the hell out of me. Especially as I was quite the novice when getting it, so I was playing those initial battles over and over in quick succession. I believe I had played around 500 games in my first week of owning it.

Moral of this story is to get TWO pinball machines on your first go-round so you don't get exhausted of only playing one over and over

#8244 3 years ago

I've got over 4k plays and i'm still hearing new callouts. You wouldn't last two mins with JP2, 'Shoot the left ramp'...'Aaahh Ahh ahhhhhh'.
Or Rick and Morty, 'Get to the garage Rick'.

#8245 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

DP Pro was also my first pinball purchase, and I would have kept it as the layout and shots are super satisfying, however those damn callouts during the 3 battles really started annoying the hell out of me.

I particularly like the starting call out of something along the lines of "Did you come here today to lose?" after I have abandoned a crap game. I sheepishly respond to the inanimate object barking at me, "maybe..."

I think they added more callouts as of 1.04 for the Battles but I could probably do without hearing "Hey Sabretooth, brush your sabre teeth!" ever again. Overall I really enjoy the callouts though, especially why Deadpool starts to sing during Ninja Multiball. Not sure if that is just random or after some combos but I love it!

#8246 3 years ago

Got magic unicorn powder the other day while fucking around. cool. as. fuck.

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've got over 4k plays and i'm still hearing new callouts. You wouldn't last two mins with JP2, 'Shoot the left ramp'...'Aaahh Ahh ahhhhhh'.

Funny, those are my next two games!

We’ll see how I feel after the first few months of playing them.

I think it also has to do with Nolan North voicing Deadpool. He’s in 80% of video games as voice talent, so I’ve been listening to his voice for over 10 years at this point and I’m over it.

#8248 3 years ago

I had JP here on rental and sent it away after the first month. The Nedry ahhahha ahhh tilt warnings are horrible. the left ramp call out is over and over every game.
Played rick and Morty at a show, and found the get to the garage callout frustrating in the same way, but if it was here i'd probs just practice the shot so i could shut it up.

#8249 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Uggg...Nedry is at least 50% of the reason I had to get rid of JP. LOL

As for Deadpool...I never thought any of the callouts got repetitive...but I guess if any of them really bother you, you could probably change them with Pinball Browser. For me the callouts and overall humor are one of my favorite aspects of DP.

Side note, if anyone is sick of their DP and interested in SW...please check my ad.

#8250 3 years ago

Hey guys. Where exactly do I place these plastic protectors? Theres already a clear factory one underneath. Do I sub out the red one for the clear one or.....?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 64.99
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.95
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 16,266 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/165?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.