(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 326.
#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Not to add another question to the troubleshooting thread... But has anyone else experienced the right orbit brick shot? I feel like I hit that Domino lane perfectly and sometimes the ball comes to a dead stop and falls down into the shooter lane. It clunks like it's running into something, but there's nothing there. Do I just need to get better or is there some kind of problem/fix I'm unaware of?

There are 2 one way gates that the game controls to stop the ball from orbiting. It feeds it into the pops. These gates were a bit low on mine and brushed against the ball as it went around the orbit. They might be a bit low. You can raise them by undoing there attachment bolts, push them up a bit and retighten.

E63EA919-E9A7-46D5-8210-4777B351F4E0 (resized).jpegE63EA919-E9A7-46D5-8210-4777B351F4E0 (resized).jpeg
#7952 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

There are 2 one way gates that the game controls to stop the ball from orbiting. It feeds it into the pops. These gates were a bit low on mine and brushed against the ball as it went around the orbit. They might be a bit low. You can raise them by undoing there attachment bolts, push them up a bit and retighten. [quoted image]

You are the freaking MAN! Thank you. I will do that. I think that will help my ball launch and other orbits a TON.

My Domino shot from flipper still clunks on something before making it to the truck though. Well below the truck actually. Like right where it opens up to the shooter lane. CLUNK dead, right there and then it falls either back down the domino lane or if it made it far enough to the right it falls into the shooter lane. It's probably just bouncing around against the kitana shot so fast I can't see it. Like another person mentioned. It just stops so dead and makes a clunk I felt like it was hitting something.

#7953 3 years ago

I took a picture of the area where it clunks and dies. I probably should have mentioned I am on a pro. No idea if that makes a difference.

20201209_212002 (resized).jpg20201209_212002 (resized).jpg
#7954 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I can let you know in 17 days!
Somewhat related question, is there any reason to keep the box? I was thinking I would at least cut a section out of one of the sides that has the model and serial number, along with the Stern logo. Who knows...20 or 30 years from now it might be fun to see how the “old” Stern logo looked on the boxes.

This is what happens when you ask your significant other about getting that Stern poster to hang in the game room and she says no...
Capture 3 (resized).JPGCapture 3 (resized).JPG
You make your own "art" piece. Maybe next time she'll say yes to the poster.

#7955 3 years ago

I took a picture of the area where it clunks and dies. I probably should have mentioned I am on a pro. No idea if that makes a difference.
[quoted image]

What happens is that sometimes a hard hit from the left flipper into the right orbit causes the ball to get air born off the playfield and it hits the underside of the Katana causing it to die.
You can dial down the power of the left flipper or put a piece of Lexan under the Katana to force the ball down. That way it will make the orbit.
Rest it on the guide rail to the left and on the red plastic to the right.

#7956 3 years ago

[quoted image]

All right orbits on this machine clunk at that point. As the previous poster said you may be getting airballs which cause this problem. Mine fall into the shooter lane as well maybe 1 in 10. So I think your problem is different to the gates problem I posted earlier. Thanks for the gratitude though!

#7957 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

This is what happens when you ask your significant other about getting that Stern poster to hang in the game room and she says no...
[quoted image]

Hahaha, well played!
The poster would have been nice, but I like what you’ve done.

#7958 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Mine does this too. Annoying as its already a tough shot to hit and then it doesn't count when you need it and goes back to plunger! Clearly its physics and seems to be the ball might be catching air according to the others. I may try to lower left flipper and see. thanks for asking the question....have been living within it for 2 years now

#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

What happens is that sometimes a hard hit from the left flipper into the right orbit causes the ball to get air born off the playfield and it hits the underside of the Katana causing it to die.
You can dial down the power of the left flipper or put a piece of Lexan under the Katana to force the ball down. That way it will make the orbit.

Curious to see a pic of this?

#7960 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I knew I wasn't crazy! I will have to try these fixes. Hopefully lowering the flipper power doesn't have a negative impact on the snikt/kitana shots. If it does, I am going to try your lexan solution. If you have a picture of that, I would love to see one too.

Thanks again everyone for all your support on this. You guys rock!

#7961 3 years ago

Another monster game. I can verify that you can get mechsuit multiball on every ball. I got one on ball one. Then on my extra ball got another. Then one more on ball 3. Beat it up. But still haven’t finished the game. Ugh!!

0930A97F-AF9D-4B4C-99F8-F5EC0AC64883.jpeg0930A97F-AF9D-4B4C-99F8-F5EC0AC64883.jpeg387919A0-A62D-41D9-A20F-A8C1E0DD4FFC.jpeg387919A0-A62D-41D9-A20F-A8C1E0DD4FFC.jpeg6630DA4A-90D3-4A26-8840-EA1E4446EEEB.jpeg6630DA4A-90D3-4A26-8840-EA1E4446EEEB.jpegA21A0745-813E-42A9-B6F7-A88937BA5E3A.jpegA21A0745-813E-42A9-B6F7-A88937BA5E3A.jpeg
#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

Haha, I actually saved one side of the box to do the same thing. Great minds. What size frame is that?

#7963 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Another monster game. I can verify that you can get mechsuit multiball on every ball. I got one on ball one. Then on my extra ball got another. Then one more on ball 3. Beat it up. But still haven’t finished the game. Ugh!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a lot of weapons

I have games with very few chimichangas all the time. I need to focus on getting some earlier in the game.

#7964 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

How do you. have that many weapons and only 2 chimichangas? That's crazy! Shoot the right loop more man

#7965 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Haha! Same here. I mentioned the back to back mechsuits a few weeks ago and folks thought I was trying to brag...I was really stating the facts and the back to back MB can actually kind of get in the way of making progress in modes. That said, in settings you can opt not to collect weapons during MBs which would tone this down naturally.

#7966 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Haha, I actually saved one side of the box to do the same thing. Great minds. What size frame is that?

I'm calling it Basement art or garage art (or garbage art...beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all). Frame holds 24"x30". This is the one I bought off Amazon (no affiliation) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QWYLKPM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

#7967 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

New to Pinside and 1st time owning a pin. Can anyone help, I bought a NIB Premium and have less than 100 games on it.
1) The game does not enter in battle mode or any of the activated options( battle, quest, weapons, etc) when you shoot the hellhouse ramp. This just stopped working 4 days after setting up the pin. The ball just sits in the ramp and after 30 seconds or so, the bumpers pop and the machine ejects the ball.
2) The BOOM button seems to be constantly pressing the switch which makes is BOOM button non-operative. This appears to have been out of the box like this.
Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thank you everyone who helped me, here is an update:

#1 - I lifted the playfield and a wire broke of the miniature switch of the VUK assembly.

#2 - I bent the metal pieces at the BOOM switch so they are not touching when the lock down bar in installed.

Hope to be up and playing again soon!

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

#1 - I lifted the playfield and a wire broke of the miniature switch of the VUK assembly.
#2 - I bent the metal pieces at the BOOM switch so they are not touching when the lock down bar in installed.

Great that you were able to diagnose the scoop problem. Let us know if you were able to fix and if both worked!

#7969 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

Broken wire at a switch = for me that’s a nice win!! Easy one

#7970 3 years ago

Not just any old cardboard collector. Framed cardboard.

ICanGoToTheGraveHavingSeenItAllNowPunkin

#7971 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

That's a ridiculous number of weapons, especially how low your Ninjas and Chimi's are... do you have weapon collection on while in Mech Suit Multiball?

#7972 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Curious to see a pic of this?

Lowers the number of briks a lot but they still happen and that is because of the short wire divider on the playfield where the orbit meets the shooter lane. If you hit the very end of that wire the ball will die no matter what. But then again, that was not a clean orbit shoot anyway.

C008C81F-00F8-4359-BCD6-ADFDFA43D474 (resized).jpegC008C81F-00F8-4359-BCD6-ADFDFA43D474 (resized).jpeg
#7973 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

How do you. have that many weapons and only 2 chimichangas? That's crazy! Shoot the right loop more man

2 chimis... they never could start a Quest.

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Lowers the number of briks a lot but they still happen and that is because of the short wire divider on the playfield where the orbit meets the shooter lane. If you hit the very end of that wire the ball will die no matter what. But then again, that was not a clean orbit shoot anyway.
[quoted image]

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#7975 3 years ago

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?[quoted image]

If it’s not too difficult to get to the fasteners on the underside, I’d remove it just for the heck of it to see what happens. *this is of course speaking as someone who hasn’t even set up their game yet* That wire is just odd to begin with, almost like it was added after testing. From the sounds of the issues that are happening with this thing, I would be tempted to put in a few plays with the wire removed...just as long as it doesn’t cause damage to another part in the vicinity.

#7976 3 years ago

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?[quoted image]

And, why is that area down to whitewood...isn’t that usually only done for switches? It’s such an odd little thing, maybe it was an error that made it too far into production to correct?

#7977 3 years ago

It’s part of the design to facilitate the up down ramp used in the premium and Le. The wire is meant to divert the ball away from the shooter lane when the ball comes out of the pops. To me it is the clunkiest part of the design, but to quote a wise man “It is what it is”

#7978 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s part of the design to facilitate the up down ramp used in the premium and Le. The wire is meant to divert the ball away from the shooter lane when the ball comes out of the pops. To me it is the clunkiest part of the design, but to quote a wise man “It is what it is”

Ok that makes sense. What if there were a mini post (or two) in place of that wire, does it ruin the flow? Although doing so might interfere with the shooter lane.

#7979 3 years ago

I may be completely over thinking this whole bounce on a right orbit shot, happens 10% of the time for me.

What about a mod where the right most ball guide between orbit shot and shooter lane, had some sort of an extension on it that was hinged and spring loaded.
The spring would hold the extension against outer rail of playfield, and would be light enough that a shot out of shooter lane would push easily through, but any ball entering or exiting the domino shot would be routed down that lane. Obviously the pressed in metal wire form would come out.
I visualize a hinged in between the two pieces.

Deadpoolflap (resized).pngDeadpoolflap (resized).png
#7980 3 years ago

That's Sorcerer. Sprung wire gate that allows a short plunge through the spinner instead of going up to the inlanes. Means you can light the R.

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:That's Sorcerer. Sprung wire gate that allows a short plunge through the spinner instead of going up to the inlanes. Means you can light the R.

The more i hear about Sorcerer the more I want to find one somewhere to play!

#7982 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I may be completely over thinking this whole bounce on a right orbit shot, happens 10% of the time for me.
What about a mod where the right most ball guide between orbit shot and shooter lane, had some sort of an extension on it that was hinged and spring loaded.
The spring would hold the extension against outer rail of playfield, and would be light enough that a shot out of shooter lane would push easily through, but any ball entering or exiting the domino shot would be routed down that lane. Obviously the pressed in metal wire form would come out.
I visualize a hinged in between the two pieces.[quoted image]

The drop down ramp for the premium or Le needs this space on the playfield to be clear to operate. That’s the problem.

#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

The drop down ramp for the premium or Le needs this space on the playfield to be clear to operate. That’s the problem.

I have a pro, (for now) haven't had a chance to see a prem/le. either way. I just plunge quick and still get my switch hit.

If this is the flaw of the game im 100% happy

#7984 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I have a pro, (for now) haven't had a chance to see a prem/le. either way. I just plunge quick and still get my switch hit.
If this is the flaw of the game im 100% happy

Only one I know. It only happens rarely. As to why it happens more often for others hope they work it out.

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I visualize a hinged in between the two pieces.[quoted image]

I was thinking this design might work too (on a Pro). We just need a tester.

#7986 3 years ago

Yes, that is the one.
It can be removed but it will alter the way the game behave on returns.
I found the Lexan to work good enough so I have not removed it.

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

Dang , wish I’d have thought of this... I was close

9A5E128C-51A2-4DB5-87F3-65989E3617E7 (resized).jpeg9A5E128C-51A2-4DB5-87F3-65989E3617E7 (resized).jpeg
#7988 3 years ago

a very good pin from mid '80 ! go for it ! and FEEL MY POWER !!!

#7989 3 years ago

Yeah this is the one that rejects my right orbit shots on my pro...I really think it is this and not an airball issue. I may try to remove it this weekend especially if its only there to facilitate the prem/LE feature.

#7990 3 years ago

Just took mine to Pinfest in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. probably the biggest pinball show in Australia, the public got to play it for 2 days straight. So many people had not seen one here since the 80's.

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah this is the one that rejects my right orbit shots on my pro...I really think it is this and not an airball issue. I may try to remove it this weekend especially if its only there to facilitate the prem/LE feature.

Please report back and let us know how it works!

#7992 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

.I really think it is this and not an airball issue.

It becomes an airball after hitting the wire hence the lexan, it brings the ball down and round the orbit.

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Please report back how well it works, or not. I also see the same issue on my game, be good to know if removing that wire is a solution.

#7994 3 years ago

I'm doing some investigation on this ball rejection issue. I don't think it is the wire pressed into PF. Im thinking its air ball or possibly this section of the rail that is out. When manually rolling ball past that it catches the lower edge.
I'm going to fix the rail and make a plastic airball deflector.

1607797496507564594004064903321 (resized).jpg1607797496507564594004064903321 (resized).jpg
#7995 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm doing some investigation on this ball rejection issue. I don't think it is the wire pressed into PF. Im thinking its air ball or possibly this section of the rail that is out. When manually rolling ball past that it catches the lower edge.
I'm going to fix the rail and make a plastic airball deflector.
[quoted image]

My guide stuck out a little like yours does when I received my NIB DP Pro in Sept 2019. I unbolted the securing screw shown in your pic, placed a cloth and standard screwdriver between the guide and side of playfield and slightly bent the guide back towards the side. It bent fairly easily and now it sits flat against the side. I posted a pic on here before and after when I did it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/84#post-5206460

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/84#post-5208020

#7996 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My guide stuck out a little like yours does when I received my NIB DP Pro in Sept 2019. I unbolted the securing screw shown in your pic, placed a cloth and standard screwdriver between the guide and side of playfield and slightly bent the guide back towards the side. It bent fairly easily and now it sits flat against the side. I posted a pic on here before and after when I did it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/84#post-5206460
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/84#post-5208020

I will do exactly that.
Thank you

#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will do exactly that.
Thank you

Please post updates. I feel like the ball rejections are happening much lower for me right around where that pressed wire is. But this is interesting too...

#7998 3 years ago

I think they are lower as well, almost looks like they hit the guard/cross of the katana but to fast to catch. I have cliffys coming so I won't do a major teardown until then.

Might try to play with the katana removed when that day comes just to see if it still clunks

#7999 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Dude! I just did this and it totally worked for my ball launch problems. I never realized how much that metal piece was sticking out. Every couple of launches would clunk up there at the top and stall. I thought it was the chimi truck it was hitting. I raised the chimi truck and it still didn't fix it. But bending this piece so it was flush against the side actually worked! Now I launch balls all around the orbit at the top and it's like butter. Thanks man!

Now to fix the clunk by Domino with that giant staple looking thing.

#8000 3 years ago

Dude! I just did this and it totally worked for my ball launch problems. I never realized how much that metal piece was sticking out. Every couple of launches would clunk up there at the top and stall. I thought it was the chimi truck it was hitting. I raised the chimi truck and it still didn't fix it. But bending this piece so it was flush against the side actually worked! Now I launch balls all around the orbit at the top and it's like butter. Thanks man!
Now to fix the clunk by Domino with that giant staple looking thing.

I dont think its the staple on domino shot it has to be the ball bouncing between guides then getting air.

Tomorrow I will wax those guide rails see if that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/160?hl=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.