(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 326.
#701 5 years ago

Hi everyone!

I will like to develop a little mod for Deadpool Pinball´s speaker panel and I will need dimensions. Can you help me? I need so precise measures.

Deadpool speaker panel dimensions.jpgDeadpool speaker panel dimensions.jpg

My idea is to design a metallic texture mod for this zone inspired in original speaker grids, same that inipired me for my custom rules card here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/5#post-4574838

In this screencapture you can see hexagonal pattern than I used and I want for speaker panel´mod vinyl.

Deadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpgDeadpool Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

It will be printed in polimeric vinyl than have enough thickness for to hide speaker panel texture and It will be grid precuted with rounded corners.

Thanks!

#702 5 years ago

My premium arrives tuesday!

#703 5 years ago

I picked up my Pro and finally got it setup last night.

Rob Stone did the powder coating. I slapped in a shaker and Boom!

I will be installing pinstadium lighting, plastic protectors and disco ball as soon as I can get my wife to stop playing it!

109AFF59-409D-404B-A54F-27A9AB4B9A41 (resized).jpeg109AFF59-409D-404B-A54F-27A9AB4B9A41 (resized).jpeg16E7C0CD-C7A5-4489-82F9-226496A0FE0D (resized).jpeg16E7C0CD-C7A5-4489-82F9-226496A0FE0D (resized).jpeg32822ACB-F117-4741-ACD2-CADEF8CE3BD6 (resized).jpeg32822ACB-F117-4741-ACD2-CADEF8CE3BD6 (resized).jpeg
#704 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Powder coated my "pro"... And with a Disco ball, well it's nearly a premium. Color is Prismatic illusion red.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! For me I felt the Pro cabinet and back glass art was the best of the 3 options. My perfect option would be LE guts in a Pro cab, but yours is approaching that. In the end I went with the Pro and an Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro).

How did you add the disco ball (and where did you get it)? Maybe while I'm asking, where did you get the legs? Thanks!

#705 5 years ago

For those on the fence to get this hooked up to a sub.....you are missing out.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

For those on the fence to get this hooked up to a sub.....you are missing out.

Got mine hooked up the other day, and wow.
That's slow, cool, deep vocal 70's song that plays betweens balls (the original teaser song) absolutely pounds!

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Looks really nice! For me I felt the Pro cabinet and back glass art was the best of the 3 options. My perfect option would be LE guts in a Pro cab, but yours is approaching that. In the end I went with the Pro and an Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro).
How did you add the disco ball (and where did you get it)? Maybe while I'm asking, where did you get the legs? Thanks!

We sell the Disco ball and other mods, like a chimi truck, for the game. It is interactive with the game, activated when the Disco insert is lit. We had a 3d printed base made and it mounts over the screw on the plastic. Takes just a couple of minutes to install.

https://lermods.com/t/deadpool-pinball-mods

As for the legs, they are the stock ones that I had powder coated.

#708 5 years ago

Just unboxed and added Deadpool Limited Edition to my line up so far I'm really happy with it.

20181005_094038 (resized).jpg20181005_094038 (resized).jpg20181005_094200 (resized).jpg20181005_094200 (resized).jpg20181005_105929 (resized).jpg20181005_105929 (resized).jpg
#709 5 years ago

^ nice collection, wish I lived closer. So after owning the game for 2 minutes, you still feel good about it? Wow, that is strong testament. Looking forward to the two hour report. Will it make it through the night or will it be put on the curb for firewood?

#710 5 years ago

Just had mine dropped off, will have it in and setup tonight. Just in time for a nice long weekend of pinball playing. Big thanks to Nitro pinball! Always great dealing with Tommy. I haven't even unboxed it yet and I just know it is the best pin ever and will stay for a long time

#711 5 years ago

LE just landed.

61AEA075-A726-4E9D-A89B-187146E567AA (resized).jpeg61AEA075-A726-4E9D-A89B-187146E567AA (resized).jpeg787620F4-7179-48AE-A244-F1AA90B8B5B7 (resized).jpeg787620F4-7179-48AE-A244-F1AA90B8B5B7 (resized).jpegA471840D-FAAE-47AE-8906-1D730DF96F3F (resized).jpegA471840D-FAAE-47AE-8906-1D730DF96F3F (resized).jpeg
#712 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

LE just landed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It ain’t cheap! But you made a great choice!

#713 5 years ago

Loving my Deadpool. Shoots and plays nice. I think people complaining are playing ones that are not dialed in properly. It is a very sensitive game for dialing in. If not perfect some of thw shots can be inconsistent.

20180923_113128 (resized).jpg20180923_113128 (resized).jpg20180924_192712 (resized).jpg20180924_192712 (resized).jpg20181002_180013 (resized).jpg20181002_180013 (resized).jpg
#714 5 years ago

I had my best game yet on it yesterday, I think I completed 4 of the 5 villains, and lit the game up some more. I think this is an amazing pinball.

I have to really give my compliments to the whole sound package. All the sounds, call outs, music, are excellent. I know some people want more R-rated deadpool, but as someone not that familiar with the license, and just evaluating the pinball, I find the call outs excellent because they are performed with such projection, he has a lot of energy. That really elevates the game.

The retro noises break through all the other audio, and you have a really overwhelming soundscape created. "Pinball cacophony" is a big part of the attraction of any machine, and this one really lands.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had my best game yet on it yesterday, I think I completed 4 of the 5 villains, and lit the game up some more. I think this is an amazing pinball.
I have to really give my compliments to the whole sound package. All the sounds, call outs, music, are excellent. I know some people want more R-rated deadpool, but as someone not that familiar with the license, and just evaluating the pinball, I find the call outs excellent because they are performed with such projection, he has a lot of energy. That really elevates the game.
The retro noises break through all the other audio, and you have a really overwhelming soundscape created. "Pinball cacophony" is a big part of the attraction of any machine, and this one really lands.

All this. Ordering a second Deadpool machine, a premium. One for home and one for location.

#716 5 years ago

Somebody help out Zach Meny and buy his game on the pinside market. Deadpool is a great game !

Yeah - Zach is in Indiana, but it can't be that bad a drive for somebody. Must be somebody somewhat close to him.

Make the drive if within a reasonable distance.

Save a few bucks and Become an Owner if you have thought about getting this game.

#717 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4622120" I think people complaining are playing ones that are not dialed in properly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally agree.
People who complain should invest a few minutes on a leveling app.
If games on locations don’t play correctly, notify the operator.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

There is a postcard in the goodie bag that you can either fill out and drop in the mail or can email them details on your LE.

I just opened the goodie bag, I completely forgot about it. A lot of bonus plastics in there. And I found the LP postcard offer. Thanks.

#719 5 years ago

Finally got my game setup, levelled, waxed and updated and got to play a few games on my LE. Initial impressions/thoughts:

- Mine came Williams style leg brackets front and back, along with the corner brackets at the top which is good to see.

- Mine also came with a giant black tarry/greasy thumbprint on the front decal, and the tape used to attach the certificate of authenticity to the backglass left a ton of residue. Both cleaned off with a bit of effort (Goo gone needed on the backglass). Very minor, but Stern can still make improvements when shipping expensive, "LE" home marketed pins.

- Playfield is beautiful, mine is like glass, which is nice because my Star Wars has some "ripple" effect in the clear.

- LE cabinet and armor is way nicer in person than in any pics I have seen, mirrored effect on the backglass is very nice.

- Music is great. I can't see myself downloading digitally to play in the car or anything, but good pinball music. Love the old school sound effects.

- Callouts. I don't mind them. Are they all hilarious? No, some are pretty cheesy, others are funny and make me smile. I really don't think R-Rated would suit the pin at all but there are a few "dad joke" ones that are kind of cringy. I haven't found them overly repetitious yet, at least not more so than any other pin.

- Shots. This one had me very nervous after the SDTM review and other people's comments, but my lock shot is like butter. I agree with others in this thread, if there is a machine where this shot isn't working, make sure the pin is dead level, and set it at 7.0 pitch. Anything less than 7.0 is definitely floaty. If still cannot make the shot, take a look at the ball guides, something is off and needs to be tweaked. The Colossus shot is a bit weird, but doable. I like that the layout is something different than the standard fan layout. Already have a few of those in my collection. It isn't as smooth as my AC/DC or Star Wars but still satisfying to shoot.

- Code. I have barely got into it, just a couple of battle modes, lil' deadpool multiball, disco mode. This is my biggest concern right now. Pretty easy to qualify battle modes, quests. There is the team up thing, but not a huge incentive to go for them that I can see right now. I knew all of this going in before I bought the pin, from reviews and watching a lot of streams, so am prepared to be patient. I like the code journey (I bought X-men LE when it still had initial launch code, so been there done that). I am hoping to see more in complexity/strategy. Tanio's first pin as lead, hope he ends up knocking it out of the park.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Finally got my game setup, levelled, waxed and updated and got to play a few games on my LE. Initial impressions/thoughts:
- Mine came Williams style leg brackets front and back, along with the corner brackets at the top which is good to see.
- Mine also came with a giant black tarry/greasy thumbprint on the front decal, and the tape used to attach the certificate of authenticity to the backglass left a ton of residue. Both cleaned off with a bit of effort (Goo gone needed on the backglass). Very minor, but Stern can still make improvements when shipping expensive, "LE" home marketed pins.
- Playfield is beautiful, mine is like glass, which is nice because my Star Wars has some "ripple" effect in the clear.
- LE cabinet and armor is way nicer in person than in any pics I have seen, mirrored effect on the backglass is very nice.
- Music is great. I can't see myself downloading digitally to play in the car or anything, but good pinball music. Love the old school sound effects.
- Callouts. I don't mind them. Are they all hilarious? No, some are pretty cheesy, others are funny and make me smile. I really don't think R-Rated would suit the pin at all but there are a few "dad joke" ones that are kind of cringy. I haven't found them overly repetitious yet, at least not more so than any other pin.
- Shots. This one had me very nervous after the SDTM review and other people's comments, but my lock shot is like butter. I agree with others in this thread, if there is a machine where this shot isn't working, make sure the pin is dead level, and set it at 7.0 pitch. Anything less than 7.0 is definitely floaty. If still cannot make the shot, take a look at the ball guides, something is off and needs to be tweaked. The Colossus shot is a bit weird, but doable. I like that the layout is something different than the standard fan layout. Already have a few of those in my collection. It isn't as smooth as my AC/DC or Star Wars but still satisfying to shoot.
- Code. I have barely got into it, just a couple of battle modes, lil' deadpool multiball, disco mode. This is my biggest concern right now. Pretty easy to qualify battle modes, quests. There is the team up thing, but not a huge incentive to go for them that I can see right now. I knew all of this going in before I bought the pin, from reviews and watching a lot of streams, so am prepared to be patient. I like the code journey (I bought X-men LE when it still had initial launch code, so been there done that). I am hoping to see more in complexity/strategy. Tanio's first pin as lead, hope he ends up knocking it out of the park.

Nice write up and agree with everything except luckily the greasy fingerprints.lol A great game top to bottom and loads of fun. Everyone that comes over is drawn to it and its one of those "just one more game" kind of pins. Code to come will give it a fresh look and it looks like Stern is committed to getting this done sooner then most. (fingers crossed...) No question it Does shoot and play much different than the Pro's.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Tanio's first pin as lead, hope he ends up knocking it out of the park.

In the end he can only work on it as Stern allows the resources, but I have to assume he would feel a lot to prove, which I'm hoping means an amazing final game.

#722 5 years ago

Hi,
I'm a french owner of a Deadpool Pro. Probably one of the first because I can't find any discussion on our main french pinball forum (flipjuke.fr).
I have a question about the playfield multiplier :
I guess there are at least two ways of increasing the multiplier, light the four BAM! lanes, and perfect a "snikt!" rebound to the katana ramp. For now, BAM! never lights the multiplier (and obviously does not appear in bonus count). SNIKT! shot seems too tricky for me, maybe impossible with a direct shot. The few times it occurs were absolutely random (during multiball).
Have you succeed to make it ?
With the SNIKT shot, 2x multiplier starts to blink, then disappears. Seems cryptic for me.
I run the game on the latest code 0.85

Thanks for your advises, and sorry for my poor english

#723 5 years ago

Anyone add a sub yet? (I know it’s overkill)

Don’t quite have it setup properly yet, but getting a little extra on the low bass even adds more omph to the music.

Loving this pin!

B070E665-9F03-41E3-8EB5-BB96ECC17B78 (resized).jpegB070E665-9F03-41E3-8EB5-BB96ECC17B78 (resized).jpeg

#724 5 years ago

Can pinsiders show us - take pictures of how to hook up sub?

Thx

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can pinsiders show us - take pictures of how to hook up sub?
Thx

I just made a cable using alligator clips and a single RCA male cable.

Cut off one end of RCA cable, there is an insulated wire (+) and a bare wire (-). Strip RCA cable so you can soldier an alligator clip to each.

Add heat shrink to both cables, soldier each alligator clip to both (+) and (-) of the RCA cable. Use a multimeter to continuity test to make sure it works as expected.

Then hook the alligator clips up to the woofer in the bottom of cabinet. The (-) goes to the Yellow/Black wire on woofer. (+) to Yellow.

Run wire through holes in back of cabinet to sub.
0ABD3E1A-67A8-4294-A6EE-4F1F8B82EE6B (resized).jpeg0ABD3E1A-67A8-4294-A6EE-4F1F8B82EE6B (resized).jpeg

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I just made a cable using alligator clips and a single RCA male cable.
Cut off one end of RCA cable, there is an insulated wire (+) and a bare wire (-). Strip RCA cable so you can soldier an alligator clip to each.
Add heat shrink to both cables, soldier each alligator clip to both (+) and (-) of the RCA cable. Use a multimeter to continuity test to make sure it works as expected.
Then hook the alligator clips up to the woofer in the bottom of cabinet. The (-) goes to the Yellow/Black wire on woofer. (+) to Yellow.
Run wire through holes in back of cabinet to sub.
[quoted image]

I do mine the same way. Quick and easy.

#727 5 years ago

What make/model sub do you all use?

Not looking to break bank, something that is good enough.

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What make/model sub do you all use?
Not looking to break bank, something that is good enough.

Polk Audio PSW10 or similar is good.

#729 5 years ago

So...was kicking around getting a GOTG (one of my favorite movies), but just can't get into it. Started playing a DP Pro, and really dig it! The movies are something of a guilty pleasure of mine, but as I put games on location at charity arcade for kids, I can't really have a game that is super questionable in content (sounds, graphics, modes). As the game is based on the comics, I am guessing we'd be good to go? Or is that not the case?

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So...was kicking around getting a GOTG (one of my favorite movies), but just can't get into it. Started playing a DP Pro, and really dig it! The movies are something of a guilty pleasure of mine, but as I put games on location at charity arcade for kids, I can't really have a game that is super questionable in content (sounds, graphics, modes). As the game is based on the comics, I am guessing we'd be good to go? Or is that not the case?

Good to go

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from alxpier:

Hi,
I'm a french owner of a Deadpool Pro. Probably one of the first because I can't find any discussion on our main french pinball forum (flipjuke.fr).
I have a question about the playfield multiplier :
I guess there are at least two ways of increasing the multiplier, light the four BAM! lanes, and perfect a "snikt!" rebound to the katana ramp. For now, BAM! never lights the multiplier (and obviously does not appear in bonus count). SNIKT! shot seems too tricky for me, maybe impossible with a direct shot. The few times it occurs were absolutely random (during multiball).
Have you succeed to make it ?
With the SNIKT shot, 2x multiplier starts to blink, then disappears. Seems cryptic for me.
I run the game on the latest code 0.85
Thanks for your advises, and sorry for my poor english

Hi alxpier ,

Upper rollover lanes (to spell "BAM!") do NOT start a playfield multiplier -- they give you a BONUS multiplier applied at the end of the ball.

The only way I'm aware of to get a PLAYFIELD multiplier is to hit the "SNNNKKT" shot up the katana ramp as you noted. It seems to happen mostly during multiball for me. If you hit it again during the 2x scoring time (seems to be around 20 seconds currently), it goes to 3x and restarts the timer. That is why I typically only see it during multiball for any meaningful length of time. I'd like to tell you I'm good enough to aim for it during MB, but we both know that would be a lie .

Interestingly, you can hit a "Super Secret Skill Shot" off the plunge (hold up left flipper and hard plunge around) that entails hitting the SNNNKKT shot off the plunge. I've done it hitting the right ramp where it just grazes the SNNNKKT -- giving you 15 million for the Super Secret Skill shot as well as a 2x multiplier for 20 seconds or so.

Hope that helps

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Definitely good to go with DP (or GOTG). There is no questionable content -- even with "Mature" setting enabled, it's pretty tame. With it off it's G-rated.

Don't give up on GOTG! There are some tough shots in the game, but the first time you bring 9 Hadron Enforcers into an Orb Multiball you'll be back on board.
Cherry Bomb MB is a reachable mini-wizard mode that's also very fun... I think it's a good game.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

but the first time you bring 9 Hadron Enforcers into an Orb Multiball you'll be back on board.

I thought this was nerfed with new code? Can only have 3 teed up at any one time.

#734 5 years ago

Yes, you can only have 3 HE, use them, and have to get 3 more.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Definitely good to go with DP (or GOTG). There is no questionable content -- even with "Mature" setting enabled, it's pretty tame. With it off it's G-rated.
Don't give up on GOTG! There are some tough shots in the game, but the first time you bring 9 Hadron Enforcers into an Orb Multiball you'll be back on board.
Cherry Bomb MB is a reachable mini-wizard mode that's also very fun... I think it's a good game.

I was excited to try GOTG, especially with the Cleland audio to make that negative into a positive. But I just like the FEEL of DP better. I could be wrong, you tell me, but DP seems way faster. What would you say are the pros and cons of each machine?

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I was excited to try GOTG, especially with the Cleland audio to make that negative into a positive. But I just like the FEEL of DP better. I could be wrong, you tell me, but DP seems way faster. What would you say are the pros and cons of each machine?

GOTG Pros
-tried and true layout (Metallica)
-groot super easy MB to start
-modes are easy to learn due to colored arrows/lit shots
-Ramps a lot more fun than they look
-ok to go cheaper pro without missing much
-code done-ish
-lots of great approaches to scoring

Cons:
-mode jail, requires hitting scoop
-tried and true layout, identical to Metallica.
-weak implementation of theme- GOTG is gonna be a trilogy (or more) yet only the first movie is included in the pin

DP
Pros
-unique layout
-funny
-ok to go pro without missing much
-cool mode stacking: battles, katana, disco, ninja, lil dp and will get better with code
-lil dp super easy MB to start
-funny call outs and more to come
-great animations and more to come
-very immersive cohesive package

Cons
-code not done
-katana requires dialing in
-katana is very hard to hit
-a tad bit of clunk with colossus and R orbit exit
-obvious paths to success (start with Sabretooth)
-can be a longer player regardless of points

I have and absolutely love both. You can’t go wrongly with any version of either game.

#737 5 years ago

One thing to add to RandomKG’s excellent comparison is the video implementation. The one thing I don’t like about GOTG is that the video seemed like an afterthought. (And I love GOTG.) But Deadpool’s video implementation is so great.

EDIT...You can’t go wrong with either, but damn do I love DPLE.

#738 5 years ago

I see my next diy project when my get gets here this week. I’m thinking topper with interactive Led’s Maybe eve make it rotate.

15A6683B-9147-4D47-959F-2CB46CC01935 (resized).jpeg15A6683B-9147-4D47-959F-2CB46CC01935 (resized).jpeg
#739 5 years ago

Thanks for the pros and cons everyone. I think one of the things I thought was nice about DP is that the layout was so different. A friend who hasn't played it asked me what it was like, and I said...nothing I could think of off the top of my head. So that's a big plus in my book...

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I agree with all of the pros/cons. I would add that if kids or non-pinheads are going to be playing it a lot, I think DP would be the better choice. I love GotG, but it can be a butt-kicker. I think DP has a longer ball time and easier gameplay. And FYI, there's a DP Pro for sale at a great price about 3 hrs south of you!!

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Thanks for the pros and cons everyone. I think one of the things I thought was nice about DP is that the layout was so different. A friend who hasn't played it asked me what it was like, and I said...nothing I could think of off the top of my head. So that's a big plus in my book...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-pro-1

DP all the way, and yes, PLEASE go and buy ZMeny from SDTM ... You know that machine is MINT... and has all kinds of extras!!

#742 5 years ago

Hello,fellow fans,DP/LE "300" came Thursday in da house!!! Agree with most comments,I love the way mine flows like butter!! Can see room for deeper codes in future,this pin rocks!!!!

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Hi alxpier ,
Upper rollover lanes (to spell "BAM!") do NOT start a playfield multiplier -- they give you a BONUS multiplier applied at the end of the ball.
The only way I'm aware of to get a PLAYFIELD multiplier is to hit the "SNNNKKT" shot up the katana ramp as you noted. It seems to happen mostly during multiball for me. If you hit it again during the 2x scoring time (seems to be around 20 seconds currently), it goes to 3x and restarts the timer. That is why I typically only see it during multiball for any meaningful length of time. I'd like to tell you I'm good enough to aim for it during MB, but we both know that would be a lie .
Interestingly, you can hit a "Super Secret Skill Shot" off the plunge (hold up left flipper and hard plunge around) that entails hitting the SNNNKKT shot off the plunge. I've done it hitting the right ramp where it just grazes the SNNNKKT -- giving you 15 million for the Super Secret Skill shot as well as a 2x multiplier for 20 seconds or so.
Hope that helps

There is one more way to get a playfield multiplier. do the third lil deadpool mode and you will get a 2x multiplier that will stay until you lose your ball. You have to light and start a battle in order to relight lil deadpool for the next mode.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

GOTG Pros
-tried and true layout (Metallica)
-groot super easy MB to start
-modes are easy to learn due to colored arrows/lit shots
-Ramps a lot more fun than they look
-ok to go cheaper pro without missing much
-code done-ish
-lots of great approaches to scoring
Cons:
-mode jail, requires hitting scoop
-tried and true layout, identical to Metallica.
-weak implementation of theme- GOTG is gonna be a trilogy (or more) yet only the first movie is included in the pin
DP
Pros
-unique layout
-funny
-ok to go pro without missing much
-cool mode stacking: battles, katana, disco, ninja, lil dp and will get better with code
-lil dp super easy MB to start
-funny call outs and more to come
-great animations and more to come
-very immersive cohesive package
Cons
-code not done
-katana requires dialing in
-katana is very hard to hit
-a tad bit of clunk with colossus and R orbit exit
-can be a longer player regardless of points
I have and absolutely love both. You can’t go wrongly with any version of either game.

Get both agree with almost everything except that the layout is identical to Metallica... it’s close but not the same. Shot geo is diff on almost every shot. But they do look the same at first play. I owned a Metallica for years and gotg is way more challenging as far as shots and is a blast to have at home. Just don’t include that other overrated thing (imdn) in your wish list. Luckily they are both excellent as a pro package so getting both may be in reach for most. Definitely good to have next to each other in a lineup or as a 2 pin collection.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Let's discuss this!
I always choose my opponent based on where I'm at in the game. I prefer to face Juggernaut with a multiball close, Mystique with a team up lit for an extra shot, and Sabertooth when neither of those are available.

To be fair, I'm not a super accurate player, and my ramp and orbits rattle a lot so I'm not usually taking out multiple battles in a single ball. But I feel like it's the best strategy. How do you guys attack it?

#746 5 years ago

So these NIB games come waxed from Stern (as I understand), when is everyone planning on applying their first coat of wax?

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

So these NIB games come waxed from Stern (as I understand), when is everyone planning on applying their first coat of wax?

I waxed it 10 minutes after unboxing.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I waxed it 10 minutes after unboxing.

What wax is everyone using?

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Let's discuss this!
I always choose my opponent based on where I'm at in the game. I prefer to face Juggernaut with a multiball close, Mystique with a team up lit for an extra shot, and Sabertooth when neither of those are available.
To be fair, I'm not a super accurate player, and my ramp and orbits rattle a lot so I'm not usually taking out multiple battles in a single ball. But I feel like it's the best strategy. How do you guys attack it?

What you say makes sense regarding Juggernaut MB stacking, but even still arguably at this point Sabretooth should always be first given how super easy he is. He probably loses hit points too quickly in my opinion. He can be killed with one shot into L orbit if you have the Wolverine team-up. Constrast that with how much harder it is to take out Mystique and Jug. Doesn’t add up.

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Do they? They must do a damn good job of cleaning up because I’ve never noticed in on the last two NIBs. I wax it after unboxing... Mother’s pure carnuba wax.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 64.99
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/15?hl=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.