(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 326.
#7901 3 years ago
Quoted from Invi00:

Anyone found a solution to the Deadpool's head falling off? I cannot seem to find posts about it here.

I bought mine NIB 3 months ago and am on my 3rd lil Deadpool because of the head. Warranty dept just keeps shipping me a new one but has this always been an issue or was there a bad batch?

#7902 3 years ago

Touch wood, mine has well over 4k plays and has kept a level head.

#7903 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I bought mine NIB 3 months ago and am on my 3rd lil Deadpool because of the head. Warranty dept just keeps shipping me a new one but has this always been an issue or was there a bad batch?

There have been a few postings about heads breaking off. Not sure how wide spread it is. Mine hasn't fallen off, but was slowly turning to the left. After turning the head back to a foward-facing position a couple times, I finally Gorilla glued the base of the spring at the body. It hasn't moved since. Probably not helpful in your situation, though.

#7904 3 years ago

My lil DP’s head has been good for 2 years and over 3700 plays. It’s never even turned!

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Definitely reseat connections unplug all the way. It took care of my issue. must be terminal fretting, the stabilant 22a would solve this. I was too lazy to run to work and grab some but will be adding it to my pinball tool box.

Yup. It was connectors. I’m a dumbass.

#7906 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yup. It was connectors. I’m a dumbass.

The thumbs up is for following up with the fix, not for being a dumbass

#7907 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The thumbs up is for following up with the fix, not for being a dumbass

Mines for being a dumb cunt.

#7908 3 years ago

My Lil' Deadpool's head fell off on play #42, I believe. It was fairly distressing.

My distributor got a replacement from Stern and while I was waiting I super-glued it back on and it's been hold since (hundreds of plays).

#7909 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mines for being a dumb cunt.

Oi!

#7910 3 years ago

Any ideas why all the lights on right side of my Deadpool are not working. Also the skill shot lanes (all 4) are not working either.

#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Any ideas why all the lights on right side of my Deadpool are not working. Also the skill shot lanes (all 4) are not working either.

Check all connections unplug and re plug them in. has been common lately

#7912 3 years ago

I've done that 3 maybe 4 times. Last time that didn't work at all, so I shut it down then came back later and everything was fine. But it's doing strange things sometimes the bonus lanes aren't lighting up correctly and you can't control them with the flipper buttons. But at least 3 times looks like it's working then BAM (pun intended) messed up again.

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I've done that 3 maybe 4 times. Last time that didn't work at all, so I shut it down then came back later and everything was fine. But it's doing strange things sometimes the bonus lanes aren't lighting up correctly and you can't control them with the flipper buttons. But at least 3 times looks like it's working then BAM (pun intended) messed up again.

I had the top lane lights act up with some flickering right after I updated code too. Also had an insert changing colors on it's own to a blue I don't recall seeing before on the game. Hasn't happened since though.

#7914 3 years ago

Christmas can’t get here quickly enough...

73BBC671-19A5-40F7-9AE8-EBD267813860 (resized).jpeg73BBC671-19A5-40F7-9AE8-EBD267813860 (resized).jpeg
#7915 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

[quoted image]

Congrats hope you love it.
And you have way more self-control than me, I would take off work to get it set up.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Thats almost exactly what mine was doing, Origionally just tugged on connectors, and assumed they were good. But I actually had to remove and re install.
No issues since, probobly 60 games so far with zero issues.

#7917 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Open it!! You already know what it is

No need to let it sit outside and get snowed on for 2 weeks.

#7918 3 years ago

[quoted image]

PM me your address and I’ll come over and watch it for you.

Ha ha
Congrats

#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Open it!! You already know what it is
No need to let it sit outside and get snowed on for 2 weeks.

Hahahaha I left it in the box to move it to the basement...I’ll never do that again!

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Congrats hope you love it.
And you have way more self-control than me, I would take off work to get it set up.

I’m thinking I might actually slide it out of the box tonight to check it over for any concealed damage to the cabinet. I’ll keep the bands on it and wrap it with cheapo wrapping paper.

#7921 3 years ago

I’m thinking I might actually slide it out of the box tonight to check it over for any concealed damage to the cabinet. I’ll keep the bands on it and wrap it with cheapo wrapping paper.

Probably a wise idea to look it over. I've had 6 NIB shipped to me by freight. Only 1 with damage and that was obvious before they even unloaded it. If the box is clean id bet you are in good shape.

Now is the time to order your cliffys and make a list of pre play checks, like ball guide washers and such.

#7922 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Probably a wise idea to look it over. I've had 6 NIB shipped to me by freight. Only 1 with damage and that was obvious before they even unloaded it. If the box is clean id bet you are in good shape.
Now is the time to order your cliffys and make a list of pre play checks, like ball guide washers and such.

Good idea! Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

#7923 3 years ago

ad set trough eject to lowest setting then work up. Mine dented lane almost immediately

#7924 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

PM me your address and I’ll come over and watch it for you.

Ha ha
Congrats

Lol thank you! Super excited about this whole unboxing thing. I’m a NIB virgin so I hope my first time is everything that I’ve imagined it to be.

#7925 3 years ago

Speaking of NIB, question for those who did buy this new, did the game ship with the yellow "costing card" that just has the Deadpool logo on it? I saw it in the promo shots but did not find it in mine. Rest of the goodies seem to be there though.

You can see it on the lower right of this photo and it was showing on all models for the TWIP reveal article.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/38631117_10156710395214244_153349019869904896_o.jpg

#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Check all connections unplug and re plug them in. has been common lately

I'm just wondering if it isn't something in the code. Seems like several people had this problem since the latest update.

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Speaking of NIB, question for those who did buy this new, did the game ship with the yellow "costing card" that just has the Deadpool logo on it? I saw it in the promo shots but did not find it in mine. Rest of the goodies seem to be there though.
You can see it on the lower right of this photo and it was showing on all models for the TWIP reveal article.
https://thisweekinpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/38631117_10156710395214244_153349019869904896_o.jpg

I can let you know in 17 days!
I believe that TNT told me this particular machine was built in September.

Somewhat related question, is there any reason to keep the box? I was thinking I would at least cut a section out of one of the sides that has the model and serial number, along with the Stern logo. Who knows...20 or 30 years from now it might be fun to see how the “old” Stern logo looked on the boxes.

#7928 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I'm just wondering if it isn't something in the code. Seems like several people had this problem since the latest update.

I would have reason to suspect the update, if you’d had zero problems with regard to this particular issue and now suddenly you have problems.
Is Stern still asking folks to send bug reports, or do they consider this game “finished” now? I thought I saw an email address still listed in the latest ‘read me’ log update

#7929 3 years ago

Somewhat related question, is there any reason to keep the box? I was thinking I would at least cut a section out of one of the sides that has the model and serial number, along with the Stern logo. Who knows...20 or 30 years from now it might be fun to see how the “old” Stern logo looked on the boxes.

I kept my entire box intact from my first NIB but I'll probably just recycle it

#7930 3 years ago

Now we've got cardboard collectors, i never knew.

#7931 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Of course. We have water futures trading now. You're a little behind on your apocalypse planning. Cardboard is bitcoin to the believers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/investing/water-futures-trading/index.html

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That way you can sell it UIB!
Used in box, quadruple the prize I heard

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Mine came with just the standard cost card and no Deadpool logo. I am looking at replacing both apron cards with something a little more visually appealing. There's a Pinside link with a few options for that if interested...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#7934 3 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the orbit ramp not staying down long enough and air balling over the flipper and down the drain mine stays down for a split second then pops back up

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Mine came with just the standard cost card and no Deadpool logo. I am looking at replacing both apron cards with something a little more visually appealing. There's a Pinside link with a few options for that if interested...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

If you don't want to print your own and want something completely different-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04484-deadpool-lenticular-apron-cards

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I wouldn't normally post in a thread with a for sale, but thought you might have interest since you were inquiring about cards.

EDIT- quoted the wrong person... sorry about that Mostater....

#7936 3 years ago

Save some of the foam packing, the solid cardboard 90deg pieces, and one side of the box. Why? When you get deeper into the hobby and have to pick up a game; foam to protect the head, 90deg angle pieces to protect from straps, and the one side of the box to lay down in your car or SUV to make it easier so slide a pin in and out.
Enjoy your first NIB! Let the cherry burst!

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Mine came with just the standard cost card and no Deadpool logo.

Thanks for the info. Odd that they show them in the promo but they don't actually ship these. I wonder if BKSoR and JP2 are the same cause I see logos on those apron cards in the reveal as well.

#7938 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Lol

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Def been wanting to do this

#7940 3 years ago

New to Pinside and 1st time owning a pin. Can anyone help, I bought a NIB Premium and have less than 100 games on it.

1) The game does not enter in battle mode or any of the activated options( battle, quest, weapons, etc) when you shoot the hellhouse ramp. This just stopped working 4 days after setting up the pin. The ball just sits in the ramp and after 30 seconds or so, the bumpers pop and the machine ejects the ball.

2) The BOOM button seems to be constantly pressing the switch which makes is BOOM button non-operative. This appears to have been out of the box like this.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

#7941 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

New to Pinside and 1st time owning a pin. Can anyone help, I bought a NIB Premium and have less than 100 games on it.
1) The game does not enter in battle mode or any of the activated options( battle, quest, weapons, etc) when you shoot the hellhouse ramp. This just stopped working 4 days after setting up the pin. The ball just sits in the ramp and after 30 seconds or so, the bumpers pop and the machine ejects the ball.
2) The BOOM button seems to be constantly pressing the switch which makes is BOOM button non-operative. This appears to have been out of the box like this.

Hi. Sorry to hear this! I have not experienced issue #1 so can't help there but sounds like the sensor mechanism in the hellhouse scoop isn't recognizing the ball. For issue #2 i had the same problem. It was an easy fix for me. The two metal pieces under your boom button (easily accessible by removing lockdown bar) are probably touching each other. Just bend them slightly so they no longer touch and then when you press the button down they do touch to make the connection. Could be a different issue but this was mine and super easy fix. Good luck.

#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

#1 sounds like hell house vuk isnt seeing the ball when it goes into hell house then wait it out and goes to ball search, Im digging through manual now.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Deadpool_LE_Pre_web.pdf
Switch #44 on node 8

Go into switch test mode and watch #44 while you drop a ball in there.

#10 in the photo is the switch inside the VUK

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

You’ll have to look under the hood directly under the hellhouse scoop to see what the switch is doing. It’s possible a wire came off. Lifting the playfield isn’t as intimidating as it seems, but be sure to put a cloth in the shooter lane where the balls come out to hold them in place or manually take them out. The lift playfield up and rest it on the service rails, then grab the service rails and pull the game out some until stops, that’s when you can lift it vertical and rest it on the back box and have a closer look.

Oh, make sure power is off when you do it the first time. Does stern have a manual procedure for lifting playfield? That’s about all I got, good luck!

#7944 3 years ago

Not to add another question to the troubleshooting thread... But has anyone else experienced the right orbit brick shot? I feel like I hit that Domino lane perfectly and sometimes the ball comes to a dead stop and falls down into the shooter lane. It clunks like it's running into something, but there's nothing there. Do I just need to get better or is there some kind of problem/fix I'm unaware of?

#7945 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Not to add another question to the troubleshooting thread... But has anyone else experienced the right orbit brick shot? I feel like I hit that Domino lane perfectly and sometimes the ball comes to a dead stop and falls down into the shooter lane. It clunks like it's running into something, but there's nothing there. Do I just need to get better or is there some kind of problem/fix I'm unaware of?

I've had an issue with the Chimi truck interfering with and slowing the ball down, but nothing that has actually stopped it like you described. Maybe it's bouncing and hitting the katana blade from a hard flipper hit?

#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I've had an issue with the Chimi truck interfering with and slowing the ball down, but nothing that has actually stopped it like you described. Maybe it's bouncing and hitting the katana blade from a hard flipper hit?

Oh yeah. The ball runs into the chimi truck and slows down when I launch sometimes too. Its completely random when it happens. For the Domino shot it comes to a dead stop before even making it to the chimi truck though. So maybe you're right. Maybe it's just bouncing around in there from a hard shot.

#7947 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi. Sorry to hear this! I have not experienced issue #1 so can't help there but sounds like the sensor mechanism in the hellhouse scoop isn't recognizing the ball. For issue #2 i had the same problem. It was an easy fix for me. The two metal pieces under your boom button (easily accessible by removing lockdown bar) are probably touching each other. Just bend them slightly so they no longer touch and then when you press the button down they do touch to make the connection. Could be a different issue but this was mine and super easy fix. Good luck.

Thanks alot, I'll work on this one fist as it seems to be the easiest fix.

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You’ll have to look under the hood directly under the hellhouse scoop to see what the switch is doing. It’s possible a wire came off. Lifting the playfield isn’t as intimidating as it seems, but be sure to put a cloth in the shooter lane where the balls come out to hold them in place or manually take them out. The lift playfield up and rest it on the service rails, then grab the service rails and pull the game out some until stops, that’s when you can lift it vertical and rest it on the back box and have a closer look.
Oh, make sure power is off when you do it the first time. Does stern have a manual procedure for lifting playfield? That’s about all I got, good luck!

Being new to pins, it seems intimidating but I'll give it a try. I hope it only the wire coming loose. Thanks for the help!

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

Being new to pins, it seems intimidating but I'll give it a try. I hope it only the wire coming loose. Thanks for the help!

I shouldn't give advice as i don't do most of my own maintenance, but onwards and upwards.

Just remember that almost everything the machine does is controlled by a simple switch. Lots of leaf switches, some optical switches etc. Then the switches and lights are (i think) controlled by transistors that are connected in by cables to the boards they are connected too. Most things besides an obviously broken mechanical part will be a switch adjustment, replacement or an issue with cables or connectors.

It's not as scary once you realise the Zen of this.

If all else fails, read the fucking manual, or look at pinwiki for most procedures. Of course you can ask the community here, in between the bickering, that's what we are really here for, to support and help each other.

#7950 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Anyone else having problems with the orbit ramp not staying down long enough and air balling over the flipper and down the drain mine stays down for a split second then pops back up

Likely a switch problem with the switch that tells the machine where the ball is. Put it in switch test mode and then hit the playfield with an open hand in areas by the orbit path. If something triggers, fix that switch.

If NOTHING triggers, check to make sure all the switches in the orbit path actually work when triggered, using your finger while in switch test mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.