(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 326.
#7851 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s always for the family....until you set it up and none of the family plays it after the first day. Then it’s yours!

Hahahahaa for sure! My wife and I will play it. The kiddos can be hot and cold with pinball...especially when the latest console game comes out.

#7852 3 years ago

Am I crazy or is something weird going on with the insert lights.

Top lane skill shots also doesn't always light until I hit flippers.

Disco ball mod unplugged

#7853 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

One doesn't exclude the other.

#7854 3 years ago

Quoted from punkin:One doesn't exclude the other.

Well yes I am a horse of a different color, but what about the game.

#7855 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Reseat the connectors on the node boards affecting those lights.

Seems to be a common theme throughout this thread and with this game. Happens to mine once every 4-6 months. I’ve heard it happens to other spike 2 games as well.

...with the power off.

#7856 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Reseat the connectors on the node boards affecting those lights.
Seems to be a common theme throughout this thread and with this game. Happens to mine once every 4-6 months. I’ve heard it happens to other spike 2 games as well.
...with the power off.

I will do that again.
Anyone use stabilant 22a on terminals?

Back when I was lead tech at a GM Dealer we had tons of issues with the new connectors for modules gm called them micro 64 terminals. pins were .064" and tons of issues. this "lube" fixed all sorts of phantom issues.

#7857 3 years ago

Just switched my antisway bracket back to the normal one for Snikt. Wasn’t working for me.

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just switched my antisway bracket back to the normal one for Snikt. Wasn’t working for me.

How was it not working? I've had no issues since I installed mine.

#7859 3 years ago

Airballs rather than Snikts. I might change it back again. Just trying it for a while.

#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Airballs rather than Snikts. I might change it back again. Just trying it for a while.

Yeah I will also get some air balls from time to time and if a super strong shot have had the top of the ramp reject the smikt shot back out, but for the majority of the time a good shot will make it. The anti sway seems to be a bit stiffer than the original target, but does stop the leaning.

#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Disco ball mod unplugged

I'm picking up a Deadpool sat, pro, was wondering how you liked the disco ball. How close is it to the factory one? I've never seen in person so no idea. Thx

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm picking up a Deadpool sat, pro, was wondering how you liked the disco ball. How close is it to the factory one? I've never seen in person so no idea. Thx

The pro disco ball doesn't work with the modes like the Prem/LE one does. It's keyed to just a light/flasher and that's it.

#7863 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah I will also get some air balls from time to time and if a super strong shot have had the top of the ramp reject the smikt shot back out, but for the majority of the time a good shot will make it. The anti sway seems to be a bit stiffer than the original target, but does stop the leaning.

I think it all has to do with whether the target is parallel with the black outline on the playfield. Mine with the antisway was parallel and it seemed that it was turning its shoulder to the shot. Putting the old bracket back on opened it up a bit so the target was facing slightly more towards me and making the shot more approachable. Anyways. This is one of those annoying topics which just won’t fucking go away. Eskaybee where you at?

#7864 3 years ago

Anyone found a solution to the Deadpool's head falling off? I cannot seem to find posts about it here.

#7865 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pro disco ball doesn't work with the modes like the Prem/LE one does. It's keyed to just a light/flasher and that's it.

It is interactive with the game’s disco insert so when the disco insert is lit, the disco ball spins and illuminates. It will function in attract mode and during gameplay. It’s one of our best selling mods.

As noted, it’s not tied directly to the mode since that is coded in the software. is the disco mode the same on the pro and premium/le, same shots?

#7866 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is interactive with the game’s disco insert so when the disco insert is lit, the disco ball spins and illuminates. It will function in attract mode and during gameplay. It’s one of our best selling mods.
As noted, it’s not tied directly to the mode since that is coded in the software. is the disco mode the same on the pro and premium/le, same shots?

There are 2 modes.

Disco loops is only on premium and Le. You try and hit the left loop as many times as you can in the time limit. The disco ball and light show are on during the countdown. All other gi is off. Looks pretty cool with room lights off.

Disco multiball is hitting lit shots. I believe this is across all models but in Le and premium disco ball is lit and operating as well (I think).

The Le premium disco ball is not tied to the insert in anyway.

#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

There are 2 modes.
Disco loops is only on premium and Le. You try and hit the left loop as many times as you can in the time limit. The disco ball and light show are on during the countdown. All other gi is off. Looks pretty cool with room lights off.
Disco multiball is hitting lit shots. I believe this is across all models but in Le and premium disco ball is lit and operating as well (I think).
The Le premium disco ball is not tied to the insert in anyway.

Thx. So since there is no mode like that in the pro, it’s not possible to tie our disco ball to a nonexistent mode. If I recall too, there is a spotlight associated with the disco ball in the premium/le that does not exist in the pro.

#7868 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The mod is very well made.

I think if an adjustable delay off relay was installed it could really improve it.

#7869 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The mod is very well made.
I think if an adjustable delay off relay was installed it could really improve it.

thx. I have relays that can be adjusted to hold the ball and light on longer, but I've found it can confuse the user. They wonder why the ball is still on when the insert is off or why it hasn't come on when the insert is lit. We had this experience with our dig dug mod for stranger things where we use a time-delayed relay. You can adjust the sensitivity of our mod so that it requires a stronger light to activate. This might be desired when there is a lot of quick flashing of the insert.

#7870 3 years ago

It all comes down to personal preference just like anything else.

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will do that again.
Anyone use stabilant 22a on terminals?
Back when I was lead tech at a GM Dealer we had tons of issues with the new connectors for modules gm called them micro 64 terminals. pins were .064" and tons of issues. this "lube" fixed all sorts of phantom issues.

I use an electrical connector grease on my old machines and it seems to help some of the old sockets make a better connection with the bulb. I get it at the local auto parts store and it’s 99 cents per packet. It certainly can’t hurt anything if it’s automotive grade stuff. They use it for trailer wiring connections and whatnot. If anything it should help the bulb come out if the socket easier, many years from now when it comes time to replace it.

#7872 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. So since there is no mode like that in the pro, it’s not possible to tie our disco ball to a nonexistent mode. If I recall too, there is a spotlight associated with the disco ball in the premium/le that does not exist in the pro.

That being said, if I had a pro I’d definitely get your disco ball mod. Looks cool.

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Disco ball mod unplugged

Something has happened to the lights. Since I changed my Snikt target I started getting snikts. But no 2x light. Especially during ninja mb. Did it again. Same thing. Just flickers on and off. After the game I noticed mine lighting up weirdly like yours. Exact same thing. Something has stuffed up the inserts since the new code. I’m at Le 1.04. Anyone else noticing this. Seems weird that 2 people are experiencing this problem since the update.

#7874 3 years ago

I haven't noticed any insert light issues, but admittedly I haven't had a chance to put more than around 10 games on my DP since I updated the code.

I did notice that I haven't beaten the very low 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy high score, though I am certain that I have... anyone else notice this new high score for that mode not working or am I just imagining it?

#7875 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Something has happened to the lights. Since I changed my Snikt target I started getting snikts. But no 2x light. Especially during ninja mb. Did it again. Same thing. Just flickers on and off. After the game I noticed mine lighting up weirdly like yours. Exact same thing. Something has stuffed up the inserts since the new code. I’m at Le 1.04. Anyone else noticing this. Seems weird that 2 people are experiencing this problem since the update.

No insert light issues here. Maybe a wire got loose when you changed the SNIKT target.

Are you saying that you make more SNIKT shots since you've removed the anti-sway bracket and reinstalled the stock one? Interesting. Did you notice if it changed the angle of the target? I have the anti-sway bracket installed, but I'm thinking I need to re-position the target so that it is more parallel with the black line behind it and less angled.

#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I did notice that I haven't beaten the very low 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy high score, though I am certain that I have... anyone else notice this new high score for that mode not working or am I just imagining it?

The very low 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy default high score remains on our machine too. I always chalked that up to my poor play and not really caring too much about that mode (just doesn't excite me)....but I'm not the only one playing on that machine so it does seem odd now that you mention it.

#7877 3 years ago

Hey all, joined the club just this week. holy hell am I in love with this game. What a package!
I read a few pages ago couple of you were looking at your rails on each side were a little off kilter. When balls come around my orbits very fast, it hits the corresponding flipper to that sides orbit, BUT if the ball is coming in slower the ball seems to tap just off the post or the top edge of each sides stand up target and goes across to the other side flipper.

I wonder if I should adjust the ball guides a bit to the inside so it stays away from tapping a stand up edge?

#7878 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I was just making it clear that adding your disco ball mod to a Pro doesn't make it work like the Prem/LE. Some people are confused about that. It wasn't a knock on your mod at all. Sorry if it came off like that.

#7879 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

No insert light issues here. Maybe a wire got loose when you changed the SNIKT target.
Are you saying that you make more SNIKT shots since you've removed the anti-sway bracket and reinstalled the stock one? Interesting. Did you notice if it changed the angle of the target? I have the anti-sway bracket installed, but I'm thinking I need to re-position the target so that it is more parallel with the black line behind it and less angled.

I found it’s the opposite. Not parallel. A slight angle towards the player. My antisway made it parallel. My old bracket gave me more of an angle towards me. Opens it up to Snikt shots like it welcomes the ball. If you can angle your target towards you and use your antisway it should be ok. To me I found it was the angle. Don’t go parallel.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7880 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Maybe grab the 1.05 release that came out like 2 days later? No idea if this is a bug or not, but can't hurt.

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I found it’s the opposite. Not parallel. A slight angle towards the player. My antisway made it parallel. My old bracket gave me more of an angle towards me. Opens it up to Snikt shots like it welcomes the ball. If you can angle your target towards you and use your antisway it should be ok. To me I found it was the angle. Don’t go parallel.[quoted image]

Also regarding SnikT. Make sure the thick part of the standup isn’t hitting the metal rail on impact. It should be the thin part of the target that braces against the rail.

#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you reseated connectors? The lighting video is definitely different than what mine does on occasion. I’ll have to take some pics next time I have mine opened up to pinpoint the connectors that need to be reseated. But that usually does the trick every time.

#7883 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you reseated connectors? The lighting video is definitely different than what mine does on occasion. I’ll have to take some pics next time I have mine opened up to pinpoint the connectors that need to be reseated. But that usually does the trick every time.

If it is the multiplier inserts this is Node 8b. If I had to guess you'd want to reseat the connection between Node 8b (CN1) and Node 8 (CN3) to try to fix this.

Page 11 of the manual has a diagram of all Node boards and their connections for reference.

#7884 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. Maybe I bumped something while moving my targets back will check and report. Just weird started to get what someone else experienced. Thanks for letting me know everyone else isn’t having this problem. Such a great game. Will load 1.05 as well.

#7885 3 years ago

Definitely reseat connections unplug all the way. It took care of my issue. must be terminal fretting, the stabilant 22a would solve this. I was too lazy to run to work and grab some but will be adding it to my pinball tool box.

#7886 3 years ago

Deadpool is on my radar for 2021. Probably just get a NIB pro.

My question: For the newest runs at Stern have all the known issues been resolved? Example: the Katana metal guide playfield wear issue?

#7887 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Deadpool is on my radar for 2021. Probably just get a NIB pro.
My question: For the newest runs at Stern have all the known issues been resolved? Example: the Katana metal guide playfield wear issue?

Haha! ...no.

My late Aug. build pro has all the same issues as any earlier build except:
- Comes with plastic protector on left ramp
- Shot geometry was perfect on mine.

I still had to remove the Katana ramp wireform and the one behind the left ramp entrance to add washers/mylar.

Great game though! Just plan to spend the several hours on preventative maintenance before you play it.

#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Haha! ...no.
My late Aug. build pro has all the same issues as any earlier build except:
- Comes with plastic protector on left ramp
- Shot geometry was perfect on mine.

Where is this plastic protector? Under the plastic at the elbow of the ramp? I have a Feb 2020 build but can't say I have noticed that, but I also might not have looked closely enough.

I am the second owner and just finally put some washers under the Katana guide yesterday. Pain in the butt but I have piece of mind to stop further damage. 100% recommend for any DP owner.

#7889 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Where is this plastic protector? Under the plastic at the elbow of the ramp? I have a Feb 2020 build but can't say I have noticed that, but I also might not have looked closely enough.
I am the second owner and just finally put some washers under the Katana guide yesterday. Pain in the butt but I have piece of mind to stop further damage. 100% recommend for any DP owner.

Just picked up a pro yesterday, can you take a pic of where the washers go? Thx

#7890 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just picked up a pro yesterday, can you take a oic of where the washers go? Thx

This is a really good guide, and they got to it before any damage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

If you look through this thread you'll see photos of what damage does look like though. Mostly chipping under the front of the ball guide and wear under the middle portion of it as it rubs against the clear.

#7891 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, joined the club just this week. holy hell am I in love with this game. What a package!
I read a few pages ago couple of you were looking at your rails on each side were a little off kilter. When balls come around my orbits very fast, it hits the corresponding flipper to that sides orbit, BUT if the ball is coming in slower the ball seems to tap just off the post or the top edge of each sides stand up target and goes across to the other side flipper.
I wonder if I should adjust the ball guides a bit to the inside so it stays away from tapping a stand up edge?

I’ve had my DP for two years now and for the right orbit when the ball is returning down that rail; I always nudge the machine as it hits the post and that sends it right over to the left flipper usually. Otherwise it can drain.

I’ve never had any issue on my left orbit.

Congrats on joining the club!

#7892 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This is a really good guide, and they got to it before any damage.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage
If you look through this thread you'll see photos of what damage does look like though. Mostly chipping under the front of the ball guide and wear under the middle portion of it as it rubs against the clear.

Thanks

#7893 3 years ago

I wish the Stern accessories were still available. It's frustrating to me. I think that all accessories should be readily available for any game that is still in production.

#7894 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I wish the Stern accessories were still available. It's frustrating to me. I think that all accessories should be readily available for any game that is still in production.

You should also be grateful, now you don't have to waste your money on Stern's toppers and other over priced mods. I am not sure what you are looking for but Hooked on Pinball has the Throwing Star pop bumper replacements that look much better then the cheap Stern ones.

#7895 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ve had my DP for two years now and for the right orbit when the ball is returning down that rail; I always nudge the machine as it hits the post and that sends it right over to the left flipper usually. Otherwise it can drain.
I’ve never had any issue on my left orbit.
Congrats on joining the club!

By design, it should return hitting that post rubber and going to the left flipper. If you don’t nudge, does it not hit the post and go to the flipper? Is the post rubber due up for a swap perhaps?

#7896 3 years ago

Mine get's a nudge for insurance, especially on a slow ball.

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Yeah, under the elbow. I bought a protector for it before I got the game from PBL, but turned out there is already one there from the factory now. Not sure why they can't install a handful of washers under the ball guides...

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, under the elbow. I bought a protector for it before I got the game from PBL, but turned out there is already one there from the factory now. Not sure why they can't install a handful of washers under the ball guides...

Huh, I will have to take a closer look at mine. So only on the left most ramp but not on the Katana ramp?

#7899 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Stern started adding a plastic protector there. It can still crack with the force from the right flipper. Nice thing is that they added flipper power adjustments in the latest code. I also make a mod that replaces the plastic with metal if you want to bullet-proof it.

#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

By design, it should return hitting that post rubber and going to the left flipper. If you don’t nudge, does it not hit the post and go to the flipper? Is the post rubber due up for a swap perhaps?

Quoted from punkin:

Mine get's a nudge for insurance, especially on a slow ball.

Yeah mine has always hit the post like it’s supposed to but like Punkin said above... the bump for insurance is the way to go.

Also I believed I replaced the cheapy stern post sleeves a long time ago because those things are pretty much garbage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.