(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 326.
#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I had to call Todd last minute when I changed my mind. He was kind enough to make it happen, even though the Munsters was already processed and ready to ship. I just felt like DP was a better fit for my collection, and even though I adore the Munsters (TV show and the pin) I was concerned that it would be a little too repetitive in my small collection.

You dodged a bullet honestly. Why DP or IMDN pros and not the premium? Or was it based on availability? Congrats nonetheless, fantastic game and good choice!

I’ll eat a little crow on the DP vs IMDN debate. I originally said DP blows it away; while I still prefer DP over maiden, it doesn’t necessarily blow it away, but both certainly compliment each other in a collection.

#7802 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You dodged a bullet honestly. Why DP or IMDN pros and not the premium? Or was it based on availability?
I’ll eat a little crow on the DP vs IMDN debate. I originally said DP blows it away; while I still prefer DP over maiden, it doesn’t necessarily blow it away, but both certainly compliment each other in a collection.

On most other games, premium is definitely the way to go, as there are too many features to give up. In the case of DP and IM, I feel like the pro is a great value. I know you give up some features on the pros, but particularly with DP I felt like I wasn’t giving up much. Add the aftermarket disco ball and the shaker motor and I don’t think I’ll miss the diverter and the toys.

#7803 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It was practically a coin flip between DP and IM, as I had played both in the past and love both games. The music and sound effects on DP swayed my decision...the 80s/90s references are just awesome.

#7804 3 years ago

On most other games, premium is definitely the way to go, as there are too many features to give up. In the case of DP and IM, I feel like the pro is a great value. I know you give up some features on the pros, but particularly with DP I felt like I wasn’t giving up much. Add the aftermarket disco ball and the shaker motor and I don’t think I’ll miss the diverter and the toys.

Fair enough. Just seemed weird to go with munsters premium and not DP premium. I mean that looping shot to a cool ramp mech or a shot that feeds pops seems way better of an upgrade than the mini pf on munsters. But heck, pretty much anything sounds better than munsters (sorry munsters lovers /flameward). But congrats, good choice! Merry Xmas!

It was practically a coin flip between DP and IM, as I had played both in the past and love both games. The music and sound effects on DP swayed my decision...the 80s/90s references are just awesome.

Sound package on DP is one of the best in pinball!

#7805 3 years ago

I had to call Todd last minute when I changed my mind. He was kind enough to make it happen, even though the Munsters was already processed and ready to ship. I just felt like DP was a better fit for my collection, and even though I adore the Munsters (TV show and the pin) I was concerned that it would be a little too repetitive in my small collection.

thats what happened to me. Munsters was my first and only game at the time. just burned out on it. Deadpool has the replay and comedy to make me come back.

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

thats what happened to me. Munsters was my first and only game at the time. just burned out on it. Deadpool has the replay and comedy to make me come back.

Makes me feel better to hear people saying this about Munsters. If I had a collection with 4-6 other new pins then yes I think I would be very happy with Munsters. But this game is going to be the top dog in my collection so I want it to have as much replay-ability as possible. Also Munsters probably doesn’t make as much sense in my collection, alongside Batman (DE) Amazing Spider-Man and Terminator 2. I felt like Deadpool was a much better fit within that row of titles.

#7807 3 years ago

Having fun with my camera haha

0908C629-31EF-4EB7-B524-FDB375A7BD20 (resized).jpeg0908C629-31EF-4EB7-B524-FDB375A7BD20 (resized).jpeg
#7808 3 years ago

Thank you! Been saving my pennies and sold my High Speed and PinBot to fund the purchase. I will miss those machines, but I think it was the right decision.

I did similar to get my Deadpool Pro last year. Sold my Stargate and Checkpoint to help fund the NIB purchase. Deadpool Pro is an awesome game, so definitely a great choice! I put 3200 games on mine in the first 12 months!

#7809 3 years ago

Anyone got a replacement part number for the red post sleeves ?

Thanks in advance.

#7810 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Thanks in advance.

I just went through manual and did not see it.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf

#7811 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Having fun with my camera haha [quoted image]

I like it! Looks like pencil art. Pair it with colored LEDs and it would look great

#7812 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Thanks in advance.

This is what you are looking for. I just ordered and received some myself.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

There are super band ones as well but they are thicker than the stock ones that came with the machine.

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I did similar to get my Deadpool Pro last year. Sold my Stargate and Checkpoint to help fund the NIB purchase. Deadpool Pro is an awesome game, so definitely a great choice! I put 3200 games on mine in the first 12 months!

Any remorse about selling those machines to get DP? I will miss my High Speed and PinBot but I’m ready for something that works every time I flip the switch to play it.

#7814 3 years ago

Hello,fellow fans, if you haven't gotten Virelands color replacement LEds for the PF colors, you are missing out!!They really make the PF pop with the matching colors, have fun,B safe!!

#7815 3 years ago

Any remorse about selling those machines to get DP? I will miss my High Speed and PinBot but I’m ready for something that works every time I flip the switch to play it.

No remorse. I wanted a "modern" game and researched and played what I could and DP was the one I liked the best. Once I got my NIB I was surprised at how good the music and sound package were as well since I couldn't really hear them at the pinball show where I played it previously.

I have done a few mods... made my own "color brackets" like Pinmonk sells (recommend them!), added shaker, external subwoofer and anti reflective glass, translucent rubbers... probably a few others I'm forgetting...

DP has been pretty much troublefree for me. I did have to replace the flipper coil stops after about 300 games, but I think they have changed to a better stop on more recently made games. Only around $5 each from pinball life anyway.

#7816 3 years ago

Is there a bug in the new code for lil Deadpool or new qualification? I Just realized I haven’t got lil Deadpool frenzy nor lil Deadpool bounce. Just played a few games to intentionally get them and after lil Deadpool multiball, I have no way of relighting it for the other modes. Anyone else?

#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a bug in the new code for lil Deadpool or new qualification? I Just realized I haven’t got lil Deadpool frenzy nor lil Deadpool bounce. Just played a few games to intentionally get them and after lil Deadpool multiball, I have no way of relighting it for the other modes. Anyone else?

Nvm. I’m an idiot. I had ‘star lil Deadpool’ set to Hard (factory easy). Man, that’s really hard haha

#7818 3 years ago

Definitely the right decision Munsters didn’t last long in my collection, DP isn’t going anywhere

#7819 3 years ago

Yup.

20201129_174624 (resized).jpg20201129_174624 (resized).jpg
#7820 3 years ago

Finaly moved my Deadpool into it's proper place.

dp6 (resized).jpgdp6 (resized).jpg

#7821 3 years ago

Man, if anyone’s lookin to leave the club lemme know. Darn deadpool’s have dried right up! We know why tho

#7822 3 years ago

I heard Premiums won't be back in stock until July 2021. I'm not sure how accurate that is. Coin Taker had one left a week ago.

#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This is what you are looking for. I just ordered and received some myself.
https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html
There are super band ones as well but they are thicker than the stock ones that came with the machine.

Thanks. They were the ones I bought anyway - its strange they aren't mentioned in the manual.

Next dumb question - I cant score in this game.. Granted I probably suck. Have only got to Sauron 1 time

Also, in general, I'm new to pinball so dont really know what im doing haha

#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Thanks. They were the ones I bought anyway - its strange they aren't mentioned in the manual.
Next dumb question - I cant score in this game.. Granted I probably suck. Have only got to Sauron 1 time

Watch one of the many tutorial streams on YouTube. I personally watch deadflip. learned some new strategies.

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Keep lil deadpool multiball for juggernaut. Basically have all the drops down and lit green then hit the scoop.

Get dazzler team up and wolverine team ups before you take on mystique.

Learn to cradle with left flipper and you can hit wolverine all day long.

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

There are many ways to approach this game for score. Modes can certainly payout especially well if you being Team Ups, but for getting into the game I would go for multiballs. If you can stack them with a Battle that is even better. If you get good at extending the Ninja (katana ramp) and Lil Deadpool MBs you will inherently collect weapons which will bring you closer to Mech Suit Multiball which qualifies after 45 Weapons and can be worth some pretty good points.

And if you can dial in the Snikt shot from the left flipper you are golden. Try to get your playfield multiplier going during your multiballs and that will blow your score up a lot.

But as JonCBrand said, there are many videos and tutorials online.

#7827 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly it sounds most like a crap SD card. Second choice would be a bad CPU or CPU board. Definitely try building a new quality SD card and replacing that. There are instructions on how to do it on Stern's site. There are TONS of fake Sandisk out there, so do not buy the card off Ebay or Amazon. Try to get it at a local store.

I purchased a new SD card and created a brand new image from the Stern website. It's been about eight or nine days without the machine locking up. I'm not claiming victory but it's definitely a good sign. Thanks to everyone for their help!

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I purchased a new SD card and created a brand new image from the Stern website. It's been about eight or nine days without the machine locking up. I'm not claiming victory but it's definitely a good sign. Thanks to everyone for their help!

Great news. Those Stern SD cards must be factory seconds or counterfeits or something. They have so many problems. Thanks for following up!

#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No remorse. I wanted a "modern" game and researched and played what I could and DP was the one I liked the best. Once I got my NIB I was surprised at how good the music and sound package were as well since I couldn't really hear them at the pinball show where I played it previously.
I have done a few mods... made my own "color brackets" like Pinmonk sells (recommend them!), added shaker, external subwoofer and anti reflective glass, translucent rubbers... probably a few others I'm forgetting...
DP has been pretty much troublefree for me. I did have to replace the flipper coil stops after about 300 games, but I think they have changed to a better stop on more recently made games. Only around $5 each from pinball life anyway.

Thanks for the insight! I’m planning to add the shaker and disco ball for sure. What’s your opinion on the subwoofer and the HD glass? (And which sub did you get). The HD glass is pricey but I feel like the artwork on this game is such a knockout that it deserves to be as clear as possible

#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Definitely the right decision Munsters didn’t last long in my collection, DP isn’t going anywhere

Thanks for the info. I’m sort of hoping that maybe a couple years from now, my collection will be big enough for Munsters to make sense. It’s one of my all time favorites and probably always will be, just because I loved watching the reruns as a kid. To some degree I think the source material was just too limiting...Stern only has so much footage to work with, and the characters themselves aren’t overly complex. With Deadpool, there are so many ways to go because the source material can be really disjointed and it still fits the personality of the character.

#7831 3 years ago

Thanks for the insight! I’m planning to add the shaker and disco ball for sure. What’s your opinion on the subwoofer and the HD glass? (And which sub did you get). The HD glass is pricey but I feel like the artwork on this game is such a knockout that it deserves to be as clear as possible

HD glass is a must. I put the stock glass back on and it’s like there’s a smoky haze above the play field. Totally worth it.

#7832 3 years ago

I like the Monoprice 8" or 12" powered subwoofers, sounds especially good on DP in my opinion.

Yeah, once you see the difference with the HD glass it's hard to go back. You can always move the glass from game to game if you ever needed to as well.

I am up to 4 sheets currently of non-reflective glass on my games. Stern HD, Invisiglass and Voodoo glass. To me, they are all pretty similar and I would go with whichever was cheapest.

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like the Monoprice 8" or 12" powered subwoofers, sounds especially good on DP in my opinion.
Yeah, once you see the difference with the HD glass it's hard to go back. You can always move the glass from game to game if you ever needed to as well.
I am up to 4 sheets currently of non-reflective glass on my games. Stern HD, Invisiglass and Voodoo glass. To me, they are all pretty similar and I would go with whichever was cheapest.

Thanks for all the great info! I didn’t realize there were different brands of HD glass, I thought the Stern was the only option. I will research the others!

#7834 3 years ago

Looking for the part numbers for the premium apron inserts (not cards) and the decals. I picked up a bare apron and looking to put it in my pro. Any help finding the PNs is GREATLY appreciated!

#7835 3 years ago

Looking to take a road trip w my youngest kid for his grail ...DP prem .Anyone looking to sell please shoot me a PM will travel up to 12 hrs I just went to NJ and visited NY with my oldest for his grail family guy so I’m dead serious about the travel lmao ..Thanks and will donate to pinside of course or however it works .I would need a couple weeks advance to get a day off work for a long weekend .

#7836 3 years ago

Used DP prem

#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking to take a road trip w my youngest kid for his grail ...DP prem .Anyone looking to sell please shoot me a PM will travel up to 12 hrs I just went to NJ and visited NY with my oldest for his grail family guy so I’m dead serious about the travel lmao ..Thanks and will donate to pinside of course or however it works .I would need a couple weeks advance to get a day off work for a long weekend .

I have a Pro and not looking to part with it...but as a fellow Dad I just have to say that you are an inspiration! Great job Dad! I may steal this idea...and great way to convince the wife why the house needs to more pins! Good luck and hope you find one soon.

#7838 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I have a Pro and not looking to part with it...but as a fellow Dad I just have to say that you are an inspiration! Great job Dad! I may steal this idea...and great way to convince the wife why the house needs to more pins! Good luck and hope you find one soon.

I always like going somewhere new .Thanks bud the first trip was a blast with my oldest good quality time now hope to do the same for my youngest .It does soften up the wife to my addiction lmao !

#7839 3 years ago

What are the chances of getting a set of the pop caps part # 502-7075-00

Looks like they are sold out everywhere.

Thanks guys

#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

What are the chances of getting a set of the pop caps part # 502-7075-00
Looks like they are sold out everywhere.
Thanks guys

Email [email protected] and have him check stock at Stern. If they have them, he can get them for you.

Hooked on Pinball also has a set of them that they make:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p206/Deadpool-Pop-Ninja-Bumper-Pinball-Mod.html

#7841 3 years ago

Anyone hear when the premiums may get back on the line?

#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Im extremely tempted to sell my pro and get a premium, anyone hear when the premiums may get back on the line?

i was told March.

#7843 3 years ago

My Pro arrived yesterday!! Yippee! Now comes the hard part...WAITING until Christmas to play it!

Already shopping for mods. What’s the deal with the Stern topper, it’s out of stock everywhere. Did they have manufacturing delays/issues? Are they redesigning?

#7844 3 years ago

What’s the deal with the Stern topper, it’s out of stock everywhere. Did they have manufacturing delays/issues? Are they redesigning?

They only make a limited number and then that's it no more. I've had an ad on pinside for 2 weeks looking for one and not one reply. I called every distro and nobody has one So I took advantage of the BF sale at Laseriffic and picked one up from there for 25% off, was a good deal. Not a Stern topper but that's all I could find.

#7845 3 years ago

My Pro arrived yesterday!! Yippee! Now comes the hard part...WAITING until Christmas to play it!
Already shopping for mods. What’s the deal with the Stern topper, it’s out of stock everywhere. Did they have manufacturing delays/issues? Are they redesigning?

Good luck finding the plunger too... both are out of stock everywhere, the plunger showed up momentarily at Marco's recently but whatever stock was there was snatched up.

#7846 3 years ago

I like to set rules and limits for myself, but i don't see the purpose of that one. Just play it and get a very small related gift at Christmas to emphasize that the machine is your present. To late now you've announced your intention to family etc, but just think, if you'd been a single man, you'd never have made that rule for yourself or agreed to it from someone else.

Each to their own, but i'm scratching my head.

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like to set rules and limits for myself, but i don't see the purpose of that one. Just play it and get a very small related gift at Christmas to emphasize that the machine is your present. To late now you've announced your intention to family etc, but just think, if you'd been a single man, you'd never have made that rule for yourself or agreed to it from someone else.
Each to their own, but i'm scratching my head.

No one knows it arrived but me...i took it into my shop behind the house and covered it up. I’ll wrap the box with cheap paper from the dollar store. I’m sure they will figure out that it’s a pinball machine but they have no clue what brand or title it will be. So there is still the element of surprise.

#7848 3 years ago

ahhh, i get it, didn't realise it was a surprise for your family.

#7849 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

ahhh, i get it, didn't realise it was a surprise for your family.

It’s always for the family....until you set it up and none of the family plays it after the first day. Then it’s yours!

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s always for the family....until you set it up and none of the family plays it after the first day. Then it’s yours!

Yeah, i have a mate who operates like that. Everything's a sneaky one. I don't know why he goes through life like that. It encourages his family to do the same and they are all always letting you in on their schemes. I often hear all 3 sides of one of their schemes.

I've got really good at telling the truth in my old age. I can tell you the truth and have you believe a twist i never really put on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.